1.25/5
  • 1 star
Based on 157 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 14, 2017

271 Katharine Gibbs Schools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I attended Katharine Gibbs when it was located in Piscataway (2001-2003). After many years, I am still paying off student loans as this education costed me well over $20,000. I CANNOT believe that this was all a scam. I CANNOT believe that the government is not willing to help all of us who were defrauded out of thousands of dollars. The education is useless. I was told on numerous occasions that the credits would transfer, specifically to Middlesex County College where I planned to continue my education.

After all of these years, I have found out that NONE of the credits will transfer and I will have to start from the beginning!! I feel like a complete fool. To know that I pay my student loan faithfully every month and the education doesn't exist, simply ruins my motivation and drive. This is absolutely unbearable. I beg someone to please point me in the right direction in trying to pursue this crime because this is not right. This has to be illegal. Either, we should get our money back OR our some arrangement should be made in regard to the credits. PLEASE contact me if there is any action pending regarding this matter.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I went to Katharine Gibbs in 2005-2006 to get an Associate Degree in Digital Communications. They promised a job after graduating. They did find me a few internships, but I ended up finding my own job. Recently I decided to go back to school to get a higher degree to only find out I cannot use my degree at all!! I would have to start all over! I was lucky that I managed to pay off my part of the school bills after many years of working, but for my family and I to spend all that money on a school that said it will get me work and to find out my degree means nothing was not only a waste of time, but money too. If anyone wants to sue them to get the money back, let me know!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 15, 2017

I went to K. Gibbs school in NJ for a Visual Communications program in 2001. The job placement program they promised me before I signed up was 3 copies of job postings taken out of the internet. It was a joke. After not being able to find a job, I complained about their so called Job Placement program and they told me I needed to come back to take more courses with updated software. They just wanted more money. 16 years later I'm still paying for that student loan which it is probably already paid for but Discover keeps everything in interest. This place is closed now and I don't have any record of my time there. Not even a diploma and nowhere to turn to for any records. Fooled and frustrated.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I attended 2003-2005 not knowing I was going to get ripped off for $30,000. Have credits that are useless and not transferable. A degree that's less useful than toilet paper (at least that is useful). They promised job placement in your selected curriculum. They claimed a high percentage of placement and to always for lifetime job placement after graduation. I went for Digital Media. When asked what I was interested in I told them 3D graphics and they stated "Oh yeah. We teach that." Yeah right and when complaining to counselors about classes you were told "Don't worry it will get better next term" which it never did.

And in that time period I was there they had to fire a large amount of teachers as the state found out they were not certified instructors. So that but a wrench in the works besides paying monthly on top of student loans. Even when checking out school they were in big hurry to sign you by having you talk to one person then another. Sort of like at a car dealership when salesman says "Let me talk to my manager." I'm sorry if this is here and there not any particular order but I'm typing as it comes to me.

When I contacted Sallie Mae after graduation and told them I was mislead and lied to they couldn't care less. They might as said tough ** which it was basically. Have had my wages garnished. My tax return taken when I needed for mortgage payment to catch up as I was behind but that don't matter anymore as I don't have it anymore. This degree was supposed to get me a better paying job than the one I'm in. But due to the lies, misleading information, useless credits and diploma all I have to show for those 2 years was wasted time and debt and no one cares. Not Sallie Mae or the state or federal governments. It's like it's ok to rip off working class people. If someone is filing a lawsuit against these crooks count me in.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I attended Gibbs College between 2003-2005. Myself, like many others on this site and whom I have spoken with, all say the same thing: "Gibbs lied to me." Like others I was promised I could get job placement by Gibbs if I moved anywhere there was a Gibbs in the area. I was also informed about their "Internship Program" which turned out to be a lie. Rather than getting to work w/ a company to work on my skills I was going to school for (Computer Network), it was MY responsibility to find an Internship - and - wait for it - it could be with ANYTHING we studied during our course.

If you worked as an Office Assistant you could put hours down because there was classes in MS Office. If you did Web Design, you could put that down because they gave a brief course on that. If I worked in math, I could have used that because I took Algebra! Nothing what-so-ever to do with the actual degree. I knew only one person out of 2 classes (mine and the one behind me) that actually did their degree for Internship.

The Admissions fraud this school got busted for was another thing. They came to me my last term before graduation with, "We made a mistake. You should be paying for classes while attending." I'm sure I even remember seeing my yearly income fudged on the form they gave me. Since I couldn't pay while going to school and was "behind: in payments to them (I refused), they banned me from getting my books for the last term, so I worked off of classmates' books and did homework and classwork with them.

Gibbs also canceled three classes since the software was going to stop being supported by Microsoft. I wonder how much those classes were worth which I never saw a refund for. I was also promised that Gibbs worked with companies to place me in my field and it would be no less than $40,000/yr (which was a correct salary quote). Needless to say the job placement didn't exist. And the and my degree and credits were actually useless. I ended up working with someone who worked there and they said that's why they left. I also came across an interview for a job who worked there and said the same thing.

I understand the money borrowed wasn't from the school, but banks should be liable for who they lend money to. None of us who experienced this should be forced to pay back these loans. Unlike other State Colleges, Universities, etc., we did not learn, nor were able to take all the classes promised to us. Everything from transferring credits, to the degree, to job placement, to internship was an outright lie!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Katharine Gibbs Schools?

Original review: March 5, 2017

Graduated with Full honors. I am $72,000 in debt. I am now 46 pursuing my Bachelor's degree. Gibbs degree is useless. I am taking the same classes over that I took attending Gibbs in 2004 and have to pay for them. I am getting harassing phones calls. Is there somewhere I can get help. I will never be able to fix my credit. No job. NOTHING but Debt.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I graduated high school in 2007 and my older sister had started the process to go to Gibbs, because I had a lot of pressure from family to go straight to college instead of waiting a year so I could take the time to decide what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. I set up a appointment with Gibbs ONLY to tour the school and see what was offered. However when I arrived I was manipulated into enrolling. They saw I was straight out of high school and didn't know a lot about how colleges worked. I didn't know what I wanted to major in yet or how I was going to pay for my education. I didn't know what type of loans I would be taking out, how much in total, what my interest rate was or what I was even paying for and they used it in their advantage.

When I said I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in they said, "That's no problem! You can always change your major if you don't like what you chose." When I asked if there would be a extra charge I was told "No" but later found out when I wanted to change my major that was a major lie! I was never walked through the loan process instead they gave me all the paperwork already filled out except for personal info such as social and address. It was as if they set the paperwork up the day I set up my tour!

Because I had been on a special education IEP since the 2nd grade with learning disabilities in reading, writing, and math I asked about what they offered for students like me who received extra help on everything from spelling to adding and multiplying and extended time on tests and assignments and they told me they had a student help center where I could even get a tutor at no cost as long as I submitted my school transcripts proving I was on special education and what I was receiving. So I'm thinking that's great!

Well when I started I was told they didn't want to set up extra help right away because we weren't sure of what I would need help with at that time given their completely different classes then all my other schooling and that seemed to make some sense to me but when I started to struggle and fall behind I went to the student help center and was told they never received my transcripts so again I did what they told me to and submitted my transcripts from 2nd grade through high school. I was told they needed 1-3 weeks to go over them and they would contact me with further information as to what I qualified for. 1 week went by then 2 then a month and I called and called and left message after message never getting a return call. I went back to the help center over 100 times and was always avoided questions dodged or just plain ignored then told I didn't qualify for anything! But was promised the world when being recruited.

I fell more and more behind because I didn't understand half of what the teachers were doing and was charged more and more money then the school announced they would be closing permanently by December 2009 and that the only other location I could attend was a 2 hour drive from my home! And because I was already struggling to pass my classes and none of the teachers or people at the help center seemed to care about us their students nor about our education it just didn't make sense to continue my education at a further campus because then it would cost me twice as much due to traveling so I withdrew in September of 2008. I was also told my credits were transferable which was a lie!!! For the classes I did pass I wasn't able to transfer not one!!!

I have student loan debt up to my eyes, can't even get a new car and have a family to provide for so recently I have been looking into forgiveness options and I emailed my current servicer about the school closure forgiveness option and I was shocked as to what they replied. They said according to NSLDS the loans I have been paying on were taken out for Sanford Brown College on Farmington Ave in Farmington CT NOT Gibbs in Norwalk CT and that yes it says I withdrew in 2008 but was at least a part-time student when they closed in 2014. I never attended Sanford Brown and I most definitely was not in school in 2014. I attended Gibbs and withdrew in 2008 and the school closed in 2009 so what school am I paying and for who's education am I paying if anyone's?

They continued to collect on the student loans for years after I withdrew. I was never given any form of refund not even to the department of education for money they took after I had already withdrew. I also received a small scholarship from a organization that helped kids with learning disabilities pay for college. It was paid directly to the school and I have no idea what that money even went to or who it even went to. Now I'm more confused then when I started off and in even more debt then I should be left with credits that aren't worth squat working at a ok paying job but not enough to support my family and I'm paying on loans that I have no idea are even actually mine or not. Gibbs ruined my life and my future! I couldn't go back to school if I wanted to because I can't get approved for even a $5 loan thanks to this mess!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I've been reading these mostly very awful reviews and am so saddened by them. I guess timing is everything. Honestly I had a great experience at Katharine Gibbs NYC from 1990-1991. I only did a year long certificate program in Information Processing but, at that time, the teachers were amazing, being in the former "Pan Am" building was such a great commuting experience to get you used to the NYC way of life, and the skills I learned were top notch. They did help me get 2 jobs in subsequent years but I also went back to college and turned a different corner. But I learned all my office skills there and am still a master typist. It was still very prestigious to go there when I was there in that it was a very respected institution to have on your resume in NYC. The strict dress code was still in place (no pants) which helped you to dress the part. Anyway, I'm truly sorry to hear all the horror stories. My memories are quite positive.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I attended Katharine Gibbs College located at 33 Plymouth St Montclair, NJ during the year 2003-2004 for what I thought was a Business Administration degree even though I was later told they had another name for it which was Business E-Ministration. I remember specifically asking the counselor upon signing up whether the school was accredited or not and I was advise yes. I took out numerous loans to support my way through this school only to get out and wasn’t able and still isn’t able to get a job using this degree. So in 2011 I decided to sign up at the Essex County College, Newark NJ. Only to find out that they were not accredited and even though I was attending to further my studies in Business Administration the credits received at Gibbs wasn’t transferable or the classes were not going to apply. When I tried to get information from the school I learned that they were closed.

I’ve struggled from job to job and trying to maintain my family and keep pay this study loan. But my financial situation doesn’t allow. I am looking into seeing if there is a class action going on this school. They have scammed me and several others out of thousands of dollars, over $46,000 to be exact. I have sent a copy of this letter to Consumer Affairs hoping to get some kind of help. If there is any information you can provided please help. I was young and inexperience and just wanted an education. I am sad to the core about this.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Everything about Katharine Gibbs School was deceitful. If there is ever a class action suit brought against them, I'd love to be a part of it. From 1996 - 1998, I attended this school in Boston. During the interview, I told the adviser I was interested in Graphic Design. At that time, graphic design was relatively new and I was an 18 year old small town girl (the first in my family to ever attend college), so I trusted her expertise when she said the Executive Assistant/Secretarial Arts program would be the perfect fit for me. "Secretarial arts...?" I asked hesitantly. "Oh, that's just the name of that particular program, but it's the one you'll need to take to become a graphic designer," she reassured me.

Needless to say, I have never had the opportunity to pursue graphic design as all the money I worked 3 jobs for since I was 12 years old (8, if you include babysitting) was wasted on this joke of a school. I am still paying my student loans 20 years later as secretarial (the layman's term for Executive Assistant, as I quickly came to learn) is not the most lucrative profession. It certainly doesn't warrant paying an exorbitant amount of money to go to college for!

I was also told about their excellent job placement service during my interview. I was informed that I could "be placed in a job anywhere in the world - even Hawaii". Months before graduation, however, I met with the folks in the job placement services as I was planning to move to California with my wonderful degree from this "prestigious" school. Sadly, I was informed, "Gee... well... we really don't have any schools out there. So you'll really have to look on your own for a job." Several years later, when I was searching for a new job in Boston (the city where my campus was actually located), I was told they really didn't have anything there either! The bottom line is there should be repercussions for this predatory school. If there is ever a class action lawsuit that I can be part of, please contact me. Thank you.

Original review: June 1, 2016

Hi all! I attended Katharine Gibbs in NY for the Associates program in Computer Science, having spend 26 Months and $43,000 in debt, I was able to transfer 19 credit out of 91 credit with 3.86GPA!! When I was trying to get my bachelor's now with age of 40 I have to start over to get my degree, because of their credit weren't acceptable!! It's shame how these people were playing with innocence of students just because they were trying to get higher education!! I'm glad this greedy hole is closed for good!!

Original review: May 19, 2016

Hi all! I attended Katherine Gibbs in Piscataway for the Associates program in Office Administration (officially office e-ministration) beginning in the Summer of 2003 through completion in December 2004 at the Livingston campus; a requirement in order to receive the degree. I enrolled immediately out of high school, class of 2003, attracted mostly by the accelerated 18-month curriculum. Living nearly a hour from Piscataway, and a hour plus from the last semester in Livingston, travel was exhausting – not only monetarily, or time and distance, but class times revolved around rush hour traffic from the Jersey shore to Northern Jersey and vice versa. Loans were taken out and divided between myself and my parents – total estimated around $30k. I completed the program with a cumulative GPA of 3.8, which reflects my commitment to obtaining my degree and the dedication I applied to each subject.

I had some truly exceptional teachers while in attendance and it was clear then as it is now – the select few of my teachers at Piscataway really tried to educate and care for their students and their well-being despite the class demographics being unbalanced; and I define that beyond social class or ethnicity. A majority of my classmates were – by self admission openly at smoke breaks, there on state-aid, tuition free; minimally fulfilling the assignments, just enough to pass and receive the "degree." As a result, this affected curriculum dramatically, as teachers had to modify pace and complexity of lessons, grading, etc. I was the minority: a young motivated woman at 18 seeking a degree, and passion to learn and a willingness to pay $30k for it. Upon graduation, promised career placement was absent which left me a bit unsettled, yet, I had a degree!

Being raised in family that nurtured independence and "don't wait for others to do it for you" I went on without looking back for many years with that degree in hand. It isn't until recent that I have realized the magnitude of deception and above all else legitimate fraud conducted by Gibbs in attempting to transfer to a community college 12 years later at the age 30 to obtain my nursing degree. I was previously enrolled in Brookdale Community College for Fall 2003 in the nursing program prior to my meeting with the advisors at Gibbs. Again, enticed by the accelerated curriculum, I enrolled at Gibbs under the instruction that they were an accredited college and credits were transferable, should I decide to continue my education later.

After enrolling for Spring 2016 at OCC, of the 90 plus credits completed with an overall GPA of 3.8, only SIX credits transferred, two courses, one English and one humanities under general education requirements – which equates to less than one semester on a part-time status at Gibbs, yet $30k later. Here I was entering an associates program for nursing with the practical mindset that most – not all general education credits of the several English, History, and Humanities would transfer. Needless to say the anger and disappointment I felt learning that at 30, after tuition, and dedication applied at Gibbs to obtain the grades, and the degree meant absolutely nothing and that now I have to start from the bottom again.

What person in their right mind would choose to spend that money, apply themselves to the curriculum for it to mean NOTHING! Clearly, it's evident, we were instructed and promised otherwise and they are now closed for "business" or "school"? I have now completed my first full-time semester back at school this spring. I am investing my time and effort to demanding answers not only for me, but all of us.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I went to Gibbs (Norristown, Pa) and graduated in 2005. Just like some of you... I feel embarrassed, ashamed, ripped off, the list could go on. It's really not fair what's happened to us. Not having our credits recognized by schools and employers is pure ** (excuse my language). $16k down the drain for a degree that's not even recognized smh. I've tried contacting several lawyers within the last few years and none of them were willing to even hear more about the situation. Very sad. False claims of job placement and unusable degrees. Having to pay back loans for a useless education is NOT cool! Something must be done!

Original review: May 5, 2016

I am also in the same boat. I am forced to pay back loans that I had to take the classes over. When I was interview they ask you what your goal is. My goal was to go into criminal justice there, and within 2 years transfer to West Virginia University for their Forensic program. When I called West Virginia to transfer, they simply said "Even though you have a 4.0 you are attending a non-accredited college". I made sure to ask the lady if they were an accredited college and that my credit would transfer. She made sure that I was convinced that, I would be able to get into the school that I wanted.

They are nothing but liars, now my credit is screwed. I need help to get this discharged due to false information. If I had any idea that it was non-accredited. I would have NEVER went there NOR take out loans that I have to pay back for nothing. I am 46,000 in debt due to student loans. I did get my degree from another college, but I had to take every single class over because NO ONE ACCEPTS THEIR CREDITS. ANY HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Original review: April 1, 2016

I am ashamed to admit that I worked for career education for over 2 years. I had no idea that any of this was going on. I sincerely believed I was helping students to pursue degrees that they would be able to use and better themselves. I also had no idea that the credits would not transfer but My own family member got stuck too and I had to pay back quite a bit of financial aid and she had to retake all the course at the junior college since they would not transfer. What I have learned now is just it is for profit not for the students. They have taken advantage of an endless amount of students and what even upsets me more is that many of these individuals have gone to other non profit schools knowing that they are deceiving the students.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I attended Gibbs College straight out of high school because I didn't want to wait to continue my education. At first everything seemed very official until after I graduated. I didn't received my diploma, I can't get my transcript, and I'm sky in student loan debt $60,000. I can't believe these people could be so EVIL!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

I agree with everyone who has submitted a complaint regarding this school. Everyone who attended should be compensated because we were all robbed of the degrees we expected to receive. I, along with my daughter attended Gibbs in Norristown, PA and I graduated in 2005. I felt we both were ripped off. I've been pursuing schools again for additional education and have been asked about my degree. I pulled out the so called "associate degree" that I was given and it does not even have a seal on it to validate its authenticity. Gibbs really made fools out of a lot of people whose only intention was to get an education and better themselves. Instead we are spending years paying back loans that have not benefit anyone but Gibbs.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I posted on this website over a year ago and since then, there have been even more posts regarding Katherine Gibbs students and the need for resources to find relief. Please join our Facebook group Justice for Gibbs Students and share your stories with us. United we can make a difference. We're not just trying to air our grievances. We're actually trying to do something about this. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

Now I know colleges see students/humans as money dollar signs but I think the department of education should be at fault too. They were aware of the non credits. I was told at the last minute of the credits not being accepted at most colleges and also the loans were not explained correctly to me but I was able to transfer my credits just for another college to tell me I have no more funds through F.A so now if I even work min. Wage student loan will take my entire check. I will not be able to pay my rent or electric and gas so I'm suppose to move back to a shelter. So I definitely have to get funds up to go back for higher education.

I was working on a bachelor's degree but I will sacrifice my time if I have to start all over to obtain an associate degree. But in something that will pay a lot more so I can pay my rent, electric and gas plus student loans it's sad. But the gov't knows the game these financial institutions are playing and they are down with it and are collecting billions of dollars from students in messing up our credit. I'm working on mine slowly but surely. But it's a pain in the butt and I pray for us all and it's sad because my daughter got caught with Harris school of business in Upper Darby PA. Sad how it's still going on promises from these institutions. But they are full of lies while the gov't sit back and collect funds from people who can barely pay rent and bills let alone student loans.

Pray for us all. I attended Gibbs, and Piscataway, and in Livingston 03/05, while working full time in taking care of my children as a single parent driving an hour away to get there and I don't have a degree either to show my family. Sallie Mae in the gov't be down with it. Anything involving cash $$. At the end of the day it's all about the money.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I graduated with honors from Gibbs College in December of 2004 and acquired my Computer Network Administrator associate's degree. I have been paying the loans since 2005, and still haven't gone done more than 3000.00 dollars and I owe 14000.00. The issue is that I could never take advantaged of my degree as most companies didn't really trust a degree from Gibbs. What I did in order to find a job, I got certified in many brands like Microsoft Certs, and many others making possible with that, to put my foot inside of the IT door.

I have been paying for over 10 years for degree that no companies will accept and it is like that I haven't gone to College at all. I finally went and took my bachelor's in computer forensics with an accredit University. I was wondering is there is a way to stop paying for this degree which I really have never taken advantage and it was a waste of my time and money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

When I graduated from high school in 2003 I didn't apply for any college and then last minute I decided that I wanted to attend college right away instead of taking time off. Therefore a friend told me about Gibbs which I had never heard of. I quickly applied and was immediately accepted. I attended Gibbs Boston and I took couple loans to pay for the school including a private loan from Sallie Mae, which all I did was give them a signature, had no information about it and didn't think to ask because I thought they would do what's on the best interest of the student. I was wrong and DUMB.

Since then my income tax return have been taken at least 3 or 4 times or more. My wages have been garnished, and I still own $23,000 with Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae didn't contact me for many years and now I'm paying triple the amount of the initial loan and to top it off I have nothing to prove that I went to a college. This is not fair, there has to be someone who regulates the price of education. Something needs to be done about the school and the high interest on student loans. I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions? I've paid over $40,000 in student loans and I can't even say that I attended college because I have nothing to prove it and I can't even get a transcript, never got the diploma.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

I started at Katharine Gibbs school in 2008 for medical assistance. After couple months, they told me school was closing so if we didn't passed a class we had to transfer. When that happened and I try transferring, the other school wouldn't accept most credit so I couldn't finish. Now my credit messed up, am up to my head with all this loans. They sign me up with a lot of loans I didn't even know about. I owe more than 24,000 and I didn't even finish. Is mad and stressed I hope they can't fix this because I really don't have any way to pay this.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

I attended Katharine Gibbs in 2003-2005 in Piscataway then went to Gibbs College in Livingston, NJ during the 2005 year. I called a number for student loan forgiveness but they are saying only people who didn't complete the program and the school closed can have their loans removed. There has to be something for those who did complete the program but are stuck in thousands of dollars in debt. To have a degree that is worth nothing is ridiculous. Something must be done.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

It's a shame that a business like this can take advantage of young kids fresh out of high school, nonetheless older generation. I wish we had these media review sites when I was applying for schools. Should I have done my homework and read the reviews I would never have applied for Katharine Gibbs. Many empty promises with lifetime job placement and empty future!

I wanted to continue my education and take my credits from Gibbs being that one of their promises was that I could transfer my credits only to find out other universities would not accept and would be like starting all over again! Miserable lying bastards! Waste of money, which they demanded and had no means of paying because that lifetime job placement was just of a hoax they are! Waste of my life, which I'll never get back and have not had any motivation to start my education all over again for all these years! They owe us not just the money we forcefully paid, but more as this has costed us our lives and our future!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I graduated the Katherine Gibbs School in 2001 (Visual Communications). While trying to find a job, I found out that my degree that I worked so hard to obtain, was a complete phony. Hiring companies at the time, laughed at my degree and told that my school was junk. Katherine Gibbs was located in Midtown and appeared to be a legit college. I didn't find out about the accreditation until I wasted years for a worthless degree. The administration lied to me and other students about the accreditation just to make money.

I'm 32,000 dollars in debt and had to completely start over my college career in CUNY because of this school. The management should be accountable for my debt. This was just a modern day money scheme that should have be investigated a long time ago. What can be done about my debt from this school? I want my debt cleared ASAP!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I cannot begin to imagine why we have to pay back money to an organization that is closed and lost its accreditation. We cannot use the credits to further our academic careers. We can't use the "job placement" we were promised, and there is no one we can speak to in order to get any transcripts. Everything Gibbs promised was a hoax and it is a shame that our financial futures are hanging by a thread due to the greed and incompetence of those in charge of this so called "college". I am sorry that I have no information to provide any of you to help us through this trying time but I needed to find people that can relate to my situation and more or less vent my frustration.

Original review: July 24, 2015

I attended Katharine Gibbs from 2002-2004 and was given the same promises and bs like everyone else here. Few years ago, I tried to transfer my credits to another school since I want to get my bachelor degree and any of the credit from Gibbs the school won't take. I got so pissed about it. I decided not to go back to school, since I didn't want to start from the beginning and get more loans out since I can't really pay the ones I have right now. Now I want my loans to be forgiven since this was a ** school and I have nothing to show for it either.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I am another victim with student loans and can't find a job because of Katherine Gibbs/Gibbs College. I have $20,000 still owed. I graduated in 2004 and took up Computer Tech Support. Their course did not help me any with the job market. They did not give me my diploma. I didn't get any real education, and could not transfer any of the credits I had to any institution. This is also the biggest mistake of my life I made attending this school. I will die with my loan now, and I struggle everyday to make ends meet.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I attended Gibbs College in Vienna VA for only two semesters. But it was enough to DESTROY my credit, and more than 10 years later(!!!) adversely affect my life to the point where, not only am I not using anything from the "school" to better my life, but it is actually holding me and my family(!!) back. I cannot move to a better school district, because my credit is so bad, the worst it's ever been.

Signing up for Gibbs College could not have been easier. They took care of all the loans for me -- taking out Federal and private loans with the blink of an eye -- borrowing tens of thousands of dollars on my behalf, with my understanding that I was going to be a Graphic Designer! And it would all be worth it. They loaded me up with endless, useless art supplies, a terrible camera, and I threw myself into the coursework. It should be noted that I have already received my Bachelor's degree. Attending Gibbs was voluntary, continuing education. "Graduate" school for me, per se. I thought I was doing the right thing, for myself, for my career, for my future.

Gibbs College has destroyed me financially. I cannot move forward in my life as a result of Gibbs College. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE!!! When it became apparent that it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with this "accelerated" program -- a program in which the vast majority of people were also working at least part time while going to school -- I did not re-enroll. Thank God for that, because I would probably be homeless thanks to Gibbs. What recourse do I have??? It's been over 10 years and this is still on my credit!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I attended this school straight out of high school in 2005 in Boston. I had excellent grades and was being rebellious not listening when my mother when she told me not to attend this school. I went in letting them know that I wanted to further my education and get my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. They lied to my face. I was told by the advisor I would be able to transfer my credits to any university. Once I came upon my completion date I started looking to transfer to UMass or other universities in the area, and was told no one will accept my credits because this school is not accredited. Basically, I would have to start over completely. So I did and still paying back students loans from them I owe 10 yrs later!! That was the biggest mistake, and I truly regret not listening to my mother of course.

Katharine Gibbs Schools Company Information