3.98/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

DeVry University

DeVry University offers courses in several degree programs online and in the classroom. Read DeVry University Accounting reviews to learn more about these Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

362 DeVry University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Small Business Management/Entrepreneur - This class opened new areas in my life that I never would have participated or been introduced had it not been for the projects. Getting to select my choice for an interview with an entrepreneur was very exciting, and rewarding. I was fortunate to get the time to spend with an extraordinary person who gave me insight into other areas of my path. The discussions were great because of the style Mr. ** presented them.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The content of this and other courses offered exceeded my expectations. The hands-on computer labs contain relevant and up-to-date software, and the instruction was precise and comprehensive. I am pleased with the value the BIAM500 course provides and applicability in today's data-driven workplace.

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've had a wonderful experience with DeVry University while working toward my Masters' degree. The people there have been very hands-on and involved with my class requirements, financing, student success, and every question I have had. I would highly recommend this university to anyone seeking their degree in a non-traditional way.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have come across many schools in my day, yet I have never come across a school like Devry University. What sets Devry different from other schools is it's learning environment, faculty, and resources. When it comes to the learning environment, I can definitely say that small class room sizes are the best. Far exceeding the lecture hall massacre you see in other universities. There are many locations throughout the United States. So if there was ever a need to move to a new location, you can feel rest assured Devry University will be able to accommodate most relocations. It's online environments are great, except for Math courses. I do not recommend taking an online course with math as graphing, having an area to show your work is not present. This is very much needed when looking for what areas you need improving on. Never-the-less I recommend the learning environment to anyone.

The faculty is superb, I cannot stress the importance of having a professor who has been in the field for several years can be to a student. I have been to many Universities in the Chicagoland area and no other University does this. Sure other schools have professors with credentials and qualifications, but not like the ones here. Devry University brings people with extensive work experience which no other school has done this far. Take a look at the University of Illinois for example; in which they hire their own students to teach as professors. Ex. My Anthropology Professor from UoI. DeVry University has the professors you need to get a feel for the environment. All any student needs to do is ask questions and the professor will gladly show you the way.

My favorite part about DeVry University is the resources it provides. Anything you might need for your career, projects, personal projects; DeVry University has it. Need to practice building a pc? DeVry University has the resources to help you build as many as you like. Need a certain tool to perform a task? Sure, print any tool you like from the many types of 3D printers it holds (Makerbot, Prusa, etc). NO LIMIT TO HOW MUCH YOU CAN 3D PRINT!!! Need a PC to work on your assignments? DeVry offers PC all over the campus, just hop on one and enjoy. Need a much more powerful PC? They have that too (Even though I think 64gb of Ram is overboard). Want to work with VR environments?

DeVry also has a variety of programs for you to use. I cannot stress, the level of resourcefulness DeVry has; it is incredible. Overall, I would recommend DeVry to everyone. To me anyone who thinks differently, either did not utilize their resources, did not have a great relationship with the professors, or simply did not try. I think it is great, and anyone who is willing to learn should give it try.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The college is a very professional Institution, with high-quality teachers, great programs which can work for the full-time student, full-time worker, young and old. If someone is looking to return school after being out for years, DeVry is a great choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DeVry University?

Original review: April 18, 2018

I did my bachelor's degree in this same school. One thing that made me to do this review is because most of the teachers will go and extra mile just to see that the students are successful in their courses. For instance most of them try create a personal relationship with the students by giving out their phone number to them contact them in case they can't reach the teacher by email. There are times the teacher may not see the email immediately but when you call them you get them on the phone immediately and your problem will be resolve within 24 hours. Also most of the teachers are very patient with the student. I did experience all these while I was doing my undergraduate degree and I am still experiencing the same relation with my graduate program (Management). If they do offer a PHD program I will continue with them.

As far as their customer services is concern I will say they are extremely perfect. You don't have long wait on the phone to get an adviser. You are sure that your problem will be solve. All the academic advisers and the financial aid adviser are very friendly. They take your problems to be their problem and will do everything possible to resolve your problem. If they promised to follow up, know that they will follow up with you as promised. There is a continuity in their calls, in that it doesn't matter who you get on the phone they will picked from the last time you call that department and the reason for which you called. This makes it easier for your problem to be resolve without any waste of time. I have never regret been a student in this school. I am a proud student Devry/Keller Graduate School of Management.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I am able to work full time and still get my Bachelor's Degree in my spare time. If you are looking to upgrade your education or finish your degree, this is a great option. I found DeVry to be WAY better than Athabasca University. DeVry has applications that work and are easy to use and you can use them on Windows, iMac, iPad iPhone and Android. You get notices via text and/or email to keep you on track and they have better follow up/direction for the student than Athabasca.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I would definitely recommend Devry University online. The reason I say that is while attending Devry University, the time went by so quickly and I retained a lot of information and skills to apply to the REAL WORLD! I can honestly say that I've encountered some of the most incredible students throughout my 4-year journey. I will be attending Graduate School at Keller School of Management the end of April and I will be graduating from Devry University in September 2018. I would inform anyone that wants to attend college, go because it is NEVER TOO LATE!

Original review: April 15, 2018

My schedule is very tricky because I work 50 hours (mandatory) a week. I have two children and a husband at home. There are a lot of things that stop me from being able to attend campus classes. I like that Devry not only offers online courses, but they do have campuses as well that are available if you can fit it in. Their graduation ceremony can be attended by both online and campus students. The professors are very knowledgeable. There are some things that they need to fix with their online environment. Some of the instructions are not clear, and participation is lax. It would seriously help if all students would participate or be removed from groups, but that relies on school policies. Overall, I have had a great experience with financial aid, and I also feel like I am learning what I need to learn for my business degree. Support is always available and tutoring services are great.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The DeVry University experience thus far has been a good one and the tools that I need to be successful in my pursuit of a BS degree are provided. The management at DeVry are purposed to help students attain their goals and they have demonstrated that to me on several occasions already. I am a proud DeVry University student and I am also proud of my school. It is a needed resource for returning students that work, or are seeking a second career. I'd like to see it stay around for future generations to use.

Original review: April 14, 2018

DeVry University is an excellent place to obtain an education. Keller Graduate School of Management has been very instrumental in providing a convenient online learning experience for me. The learning tools are high tech and up-to-date, and the professors are knowledgeable and most importantly caring. In a few months, I'll have a Masters Degree from an accredited school, that is respected around the world. DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management is my recommendation to anyone working full-time while trying to raise a family, who wants to continue their education and actually complete their venture. I highly recommend the DeVry University learning experience for all students.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I love DeVry University, and would highly recommend it. DeVry prepares you for your future career and future classes. DeVry uses today's technology as well as helps you navigate it while learning and obtaining experience with it. DeVry also teaches leadership, teamwork, professional skills, and study tools, too.

Original review: April 13, 2018

DeVry University, Newark CA, Campus - I just would like to say, I am very proud to be a DeVry Alumni. I finished my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, held down 2 jobs, While working a graveyard shift and am a single mother of a 12 year old daughter. I couldn't of done it without my own determination and DeVry University having my back. From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank the whole DeVry faculty for making sure that my education was their #1 top priority at all times. What I've learned from being a student and now graduate, is that you hold the keys to your own destiny. Thank you :).

Original review: April 12, 2018

Devry University's Graduate Program is a quality education. I've completed all courses except one online and feel I gained a more valuable education than if sitting in a classroom. The criteria is quality and substantive, set milestones, expert professors, and good use of technology. I recommend the Devry Graduate Program for any professional serious about earning an advanced degree to further one's career or to just remain fresh and up-to-date in one's chosen field of study.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Medical Billing and Coding - I just wanted to take the time to say that I would highly recommend Devry University to anyone of my friends or family members. This school is up to date efficient and like a big family. Ever since the big switch in the canvas program the online courses has taken off. They have well engaged instructors and very good student resources, the technical team is amazing as well. I would recommend anyone to come and experience DeVry to further your education.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I love my online courses! The student portal is easy to navigate, and the DeVry team is so reassuring and helpful at all times. All my questions are always answered quickly and easily through emails, or setting up a time to call and talk to student support!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had originally planned on attending a local community college, however upon learning of their class scheduling and attendance requirements, I had to look into other options. I am a single mom and I work part-time, so I needed classes that would fit my lifestyle. Devry University did that for me! Enrolling was so easy and everyone involved was so helpful and understanding. They took the time to explain what Devry is all about, from beginning classes to graduation I knew every detail before I even enrolled. Classes are great! You have access to an actual professor and interaction with your classmates. Assignments are completed from week to week on your own schedule, which really helps me continue to take off all my responsibilities and still go to school! I couldn't have asked for a better school and I highly recommend Devry University to anyone who is looking to further their education!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I do not normally write reviews but as my experience at DeVry has been so disappointing, I felt the need to write this review to deter anyone else from making my mistake. This is the first school I have been in that is simply money orientated. They have made multiple errors: the departments clearly do not communicate so when you think you have resolved something you end up repeating yourself all over again leading to inconvenient holds on your account. The classes are a joke, I thought I was back in high school because that is the level they work at. Correction, high school was more difficult than this school.

If you're paying over $4,000 every 8 weeks I actually would like to learn something. I'm not just doing this for a piece of paper; if I were, I would have chosen a cheaper school. Most of their core classes are online which no one tells you when you register; yet, they still charge you the amount as an onsite class. Why would a school put the most difficult classes online I do not know. So many students have complained that their grades are low and that they have struggled greatly because the online classes are poorly formatted or they cannot reach their teachers. Please, I urge you to really reconsider if you have thought about applying here. I cannot wait to transfer out! Go somewhere else. There are other schools for the same price with a better education.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have to say, I was a bit skeptical of the 8 week semester block style at first but after being medically retired from the US Army I was looking for something to fulfill my time and advance my education to begin a new career field and I feel like I hit a home run with DeVry. It's 8 week courses which allow you to go at a little faster pace and get through quickly but they still do a very good job of making sure you get all the information required and are actually learning. Most professors had at least their master's with, the majority having a PhD which is impressive to know that I'm being taught by some pretty knowledgeable people. Even if the classes seem to move a little fast there is tutoring available whenever it works for you for help with anything. So it really assures you that you'll LEARN the information rather than just pass a class. Very impressed so far. I am 68 hours in and love it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Most of the Professors that I've had at DeVry have their PhD which is quite impressive. It gives me reassurance that I am getting the best education that I can with the highly qualified teachers. I also really appreciate the online courses and its platform. The platform is easy to use, easy to navigate, and presented supplemented material quite well. I have attended DeVry since 2014 and would recommend this institution to anyone who is looking to return to school. Their GetSet environment encourages students to discuss real topics with one another and help each other navigate through real-world school and life balance. I love it!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

As a student in need of academic accommodations, I tried emailing and calling the Office of Student Disability Services at DeVry University. However, the phone number provided by advisers and in the syllabus is invalid and all emails sent were returned as undeliverable. It took more than 2 weeks, numerous calls to advisors, and the assistance of 2 different deans and the assistant director of student central before I was able to get assistance. Once I got my academic accommodations approved I was sent a notice of approval and my professor was sent one which was different than what I received.

Mind you, my request was approved 2 days prior to my class ending and although the professor told the dean she would allow me to submit my missing assignment once my accommodations were approved, she still refused to allow it. So now at the last day of class I still cannot submit an assignment from week 4 because of DeVry's negligence and my professors refusal to abide by my accommodations. In addition, my professor's policy on extensions states that any medical reason must be documented. So I had to give her my personal medical information even though I'm protected under the ADA. Yet she still refused to give me a 2 day extension.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at Devry University and Keller Graduate School of Management. I earned both my Bachelor's degree and MBA while working full-time and balancing family responsibilities. Devry gave me the flexibility I needed to be successful both in the classroom and in my career. I found the practitioner style of teaching especially helpful as it allowed me to apply what I was learning directly to my current job (which was a nice change of pace from my experience at a more "traditional" university previously). I highly recommend both Devry and Keller to any working adult looking for a credible and flexible program.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I started to Devry as online student in July 2016. Brittany helped me get all enrollment requirement done and was always available for questions and encouragement. I was in the billing and coding certificate program. I was satisfied with most of my courses. The only hiccup was when I took my first coding class ICD-10-PCS. The first week we had no instructor. She apparently had an illness. The rest of my classes were like clockwork, I always was able to get assistance from student services or tech support when I needed it.

Most of my instructors were available in a timely manner. Dr. ** taught pharmacology and was awesome. After completing my certificate program, I took the coding practicum with Dr. **. She is awesome and I highly recommend her and the practicum. I feel the practicum has prepared me for the CCA exam. I loved attending classes at Devry and although I haven't worked with career services, I plan to be in touch with them and expect the same professionalism I have found at Devry.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I've been able to start back to school and work on my degree on my time, which is amazing. I can work on school work at home or on the go which is great. They have a diverse and easy to use platform which is awesome too. I've liked all of my professors so far and am enjoying the discussions that I've been a part of.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I work 45 hours per week and together with that I am completing a full time Masters Degree at Devry's Keller Graduate School of Management. I find this university as a place for me to not just exceed in my education but also to grow as a responsible person.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had 20 years of professional experience in Architecture and Project Management, I used to work in the Middle East and most of this time I worked in mega projects, once I decided to come back home! I could find a decent job to accommodate my experience neither financial compensation, a friend of mine advised me to go back to school and try to get a decent certificate. Enables me to enhance my career and expose me to more opportunities. After 3 months of surveys and due diligence I landed in Devry University, in its Keller School of Management, it was very positive and great experience and am proud to graduate from this reputed school, opening up great opportunities in the job market.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Devry is one of the worst schools out there for Veterans. I started school on January 1st and it's already January 12 and they still haven't certified for through the VA Education. So that means I did not get my book stipend. Now I might not get my BAH because they want to say I lived in California when I am Arizona. I called for 5 straight days then on January 12 someone finally figured out the mistake. The people here don't care about their jobs or the veterans.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

While as a combat Veteran with disabilities, and attending Devry, there was a time when my disabilities were acting up and as a result, I failed three classes because I couldn't see. Regardless that I have an ADA Letter of Accommodation, and, as the disability symptoms subsided and I passed the next class with a high grade, Devry academically dismissed me without notice. Devry disregarded the ADA Letter, would not discuss the matter, and refused to hear me out. Sad to say, but if I had to do it over again, I WOULD NOT CHOOSE DEVRY!!! They were disrespectful in all ways. Devry credits will not transfer to other schools or universities. Say Devry, and people roll their eyes!! Devry touts how they're a great technical school, but advise their students to buy Intel Core Duo computers with 4GB of RAM!!! WTF!! Go to Devry and YOU WILL GET BURNED!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I want to take a moment to thank Erica of Sunrise, FL for her review. I was beginning to feel like the only student having this issue with DeVry. I have documents as well to verify a zero I received was not right. During week 5 I submitted 2 word documents one as my notes; which had everything the bullet points from the syllabus, the outline DeVry provided, my outline, web-links, references and so much more. I also submitted my draft typed in APA format; how do I know this I always download the sample provided by DeVry and type over it so to speak. Thus way the font and spacing is already in place.

Erica of Sunrise, FL I can't help but wonder who your professor was and if this has happened to more than one student. I wonder if we all have the option to band together to do something. I am not even sure how we can all reach out to each other. I also have my proof including DeVry IT department proof as well. I am still with DeVry and very blessed my new Professor is amazing. My professor from HIT 141 was awful and the Dr. reviewing my complaint is all one sided and let me tell you it’s not my side.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I am attending DeVry University online. I am in my final year, and was told I need about $13,000 dollars to finish my degree out of pocket. I was able to apply for a Sallie Mae loan. I wanted about $40,000 to live off the extra, and pay bills, etc. DeVry said the max I could take out from Sallie Mae was $19,500, and I would receive the rest of the money as a credit back to me. Little did I know, I still had Pell Grant money, and Federal Perkins loans that were added to my financial aid. Sallie Mae accepted the $19,500 that DEVRY had changed. I did not change the amount, DEVRY did. DeVry had told me that everything was okay, and that $6,500 dollars would disburse three different times from July 2017 to October 2017. My last disbursement was in October 2017 in the amount of $6,500. I also received Pell Grant money, and the Federal Perkins loan.

Within the past few months, I have received four different e-mails saying that my financial awards have changed. Now, I do have to say that I was taking one class at a time, until I was told I could receive more financial aid if I took two classes at a time from July 2017 to December 2017, and I would be finished with my degree (at this point I had 6 classes left). I was told that they looked into the class schedule and everything would work out, and I could take two classes at a time to receive more student aid, and finish my bachelor's degree in December 2017. My July 2017 classes were right on schedule, and I was taking the two classes at one time as promised. My next semester starts (about five weeks ago from 11/24/17), and I was told my time status is now being dropped from 3/4 time to 1/2 time because the two classes I was promised I could take at the same time are no longer available.

I am not taking one class at a time, and now my Bachelor's degree will not be done until February 2018. This is not what I was promised, I was promised my Bachelor's degree would be completed in December 2017. I received a credit balance back of about $8,500 dollars from the final disbursement of the Sallie Mae loan, and the federal loan. I received a call from my student advisor in the next week stating that I owed DeVry $8,821 dollars. He said DeVry overpaid me my financial aid, and I owe them the money. I told him I did not have the money, as I received the credit, and used up most of it on medical bills, and debt that I had owed to people and businesses due to what I had to buy for school. DeVry told me that the money would not be going back onto the Sallie Mae loan, or back onto the federal loans, but that I just owed DeVry that money.

My financial aid awards showed the correct amount of what money was dispersed from Sallie Mae and the federal loans, until the new financial aid award came in the middle of November 2017. This new financial aid statement said that the private loan was only $10,526, and that was it. Sallie Mae approved a $19,500 dollar private loan because of what DeVry had told them. DeVry told Sallie Mae that $19,500 was the max that could be taken out. Now, I am not going to pay on my student loans twice, meaning I am not giving DeVry the money they "say I owe", and cannot even give me a good explanation as to why. I am not going to give DeVry the money, and then still owe money on the Sallie Mae loan. If I truly owe money to Sallie Mae or the federal loans, they can contact me directly. I have contacted the federal trade commission about this as well.

I was promised that everything was going to be okay, and promised that I could take two classes until I graduated in December. This is an issue because if I was 3/4 time this semester, I do not believe there would have been an issue. I was also told by my advisor that if I was to take another class on top of my last class, I could keep the credit money (which does not make sense). The advisor told me I would have to pay the tuition for the one class, which is about $1,922, but I could not do that because it would start another degree. I believe that DeVry University is trying to pull extortion onto the students that are close to graduating. I know I am not the only one out there with this complaint.

The money that DeVry states I owe them, is something they did! DeVry stated that I could keep the extra funds while taking two classes at a time, and DEVRY are the ones who changed my Sallie Mae loan to the amount they did. I had no control over the finance department, that was their job. I do not control their finance department, nor do I state how much money I am going to get back. It is not right that DeVry changed my student finance awards four times since an agreement was made on my account of the classes I could take.

I was promised I could take two classes at a time and be done in December, but now I have to wait until February, and I might not even be able to finish my degree and become an attorney like I want because of this mess! DeVry should have known way ahead of time how much money I needed to complete my degree, and not wait until the last minute! I have warned DeVry I will contact an attorney, if needed. I do have a few attorneys to call and speak with, as this wouldn't be the first lawsuit they have had.

DeVry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs