2.60/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

332 Devry University Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I don't recommend using Devry for online classes (Career Development). It is the highest cost per credit. If you have technical issues with school labs or any other online systems that are requirement for your class work, not in your own control meaning it’s not your own error those assignments you are given a zero. I spent the whole 4 weeks of the class trying to get the issue resolved. I spent time with IT and Prof. of the class up to the last day and still couldn't get access to do my assignments. I got a D.

I can't submit to my company and the school said, “No”. I am stuck with the grade, $1,200 for a glorified resume career class. As of today I am no longer a student at Devry. I will enroll at another college, finish my degree elsewhere. I may be only person so the school probably doesn't care that I leave. Social media and filing a complaint plus informing the 15,000 co-workers at my company of my experience is justice. This was really beyond my control. I have emails to back up my claim.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

DeVry University offers a technologically advanced classroom experience that engages students in valuable information and instruction in terms of preparing them for the workforce. Providing a valuable education full of rich information and skills to be honed for post graduation, students are conditioned and prepped for their targeted career. The best quality about a DeVry education is that one can feel as if he or she has already been working in their field, as the education provides an in-depth experience as opposed to a text-only, manual lesson. Essentially, students are ready to work in their chosen career field immediately following the completion of their degree.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Today is my last day with DeVry. I have been attending online classes since 2013 and today I am done. Many people have different views on what four year college to go to? What can I get from getting a degree? I must say I was that person. Today I feel like I have accomplished the impossible. I graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration from DeVry University. Yes from this Profit Organization that treated me amazingly though out the almost four years. Of course I had many obstacles throughout my time in School however no obstacle was big enough for me to quit. I want to say to DeVry and its wonderful staff THANK YOU for giving me the opportunity to be listed in the 35% of Undergraduates in this Country. Thank you to your staff for guiding me in the direction I wanted to be in. If I had to do it all over again I would without a doubt!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We as international student will appreciate it, if the school board would make their rule and regulation more appealing to us to keep up with the system. As we have different system of education pass across the border. And besides as English is not our first language! It will be very pleasant if the professor would work with us for further understanding of each and every topic raise and what required of it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am a current student here and I love the school. I have no issues with it education-wise. I would give it a higher rate if it wasn't for their tuition fees and the proper way of explaining them to the student. I was told one thing and then I am paying another. That is the only negative thing I have to say about this school.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Devry University?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

There is many things that I went over in the classes that I had already had experience in but there was a lot that I have not been through. I know more about Microsoft Office than I did when I started. The professors are there for you to help and push you in the right direction. With my schedule, it is great that I was able to work in my classes on my own time but having the first post in each class before Wednesday made things interesting. I also found that working in the classes early in the week is the best way to go. This way you are rushing or struggling close to the end of the week. If I decide to go back for my Masters, this will be the college I will go with. It has been great and took less time than what it would have at another college. I know this to be a fact. I was going to University of Phoenix and transferred to DeVry and got my degree in a shorter time frame. It was the best choice that I have made in a very long time.

I also found new friends and other people that I can relate to. The classes and groups make DeVry a great college because the software that is used and depending on what degree you are going for, is all up to date. DeVry teaches the students how to use the technology that is used in today's workforce. This gives the student a better chance at landing that career that they have in mind or what they want to do after they have completed the entire courses for the degree that they are going after. I already have what I want to do lined up after completing my degree. I am thinking about enrolling into the Master's program but I have not made my mind up about that as of yet. If I do make that choice, DeVry will be the college I go with.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Where do I start... Their education is sub-par, there have been very few teachers that were good (I can think of two out of about 100). I remember my programming class was taught by a teacher that had learned the language the previous semester, and one of the students was a business teacher that was then teaching his business students the following term. I had a teacher who called himself "Jim **" (year 1999) and claimed to be a member of the Kraft cheese family and that he was only teaching "to give back"... I heard from students later that he was a fake and was fired (I haven't bothered to substantiate any of those claims, but it makes sense to me given he let us grade our own tests & quizzes).

Now my Advanced Oracle DB teacher was great... But that's the only teacher that really stands out for me. My Linux teacher (year 2004) talked more about his time in the military in Argentina than anything else and I needed to research the material myself and help other students in lab because his instruction and materials (software) didn't work. Their financial aid departments offer "scholarships" which is their term for giving you a slight discount if you sign up for a full load, which is NOT a scholarship.

Their transcript evaluation department would not give me credit for my Sr. project that I had taken years earlier, and their excuse was "it's too old" when they gave me credit for classes that were older (eventually I got credit for this class but it took months of back and forth). Their job placement services are just as incompetent. When I tried to sign up with them they were showing me leads that were over 10 year old, then when that got fixed they were showing me jobs that weren't in my major.

When you call a specific location they will route you to another location so you're never quite sure where you're calling. Any significant decision needs to get filtered through their corporate office in Illinois, which makes the whole process excruciatingly difficult. I have been going to DeVry on and off for about 17 years (due to taking many years in between to work in industry) and have seen departments get eliminated and moved to corporate causing countless hours of frustration for me trying to get simple questions answered.

If you like spending hours and hours on the phone with people who will constantly misunderstand you and who are not capable of helping you DeVry is for you. If you like overpaying for an education that will not allow you to compete with other job applicants competing for the same jobs, DeVry is for you. Do yourself a favor and pick a state college, you'll pay less and get a superior education.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

DeVry University was my way out. I was at different Jr colleges and just had no motivation. Then I found DeVry. I wasn't a believer with online classes, but now I am. A year back, I had some personal issues going on and I had to drop my classes. Unfortunately, I didn't withdraw correctly and it basically was pointed against me. After getting everything back on track, I reapplied, but was told I had too many absences and so forth. Thinking that I missed a great opportunity, a woman named Amanda **, helped me get back on track. I sent the Dean of DeVry a written explanation, with proof, of how crazy my life had gotten and ask for another try at school. Usually they don't give second chances, but I guess they saw something in me. Amanda somehow convinced the Dean to give me another chance. That was when I knew, I had to stay ambitious and motivated through each class.

After getting the OKAY, another consoler named Brandon ** was also helpful. He was there to help me step by step of how to get reapplied for classes, the information I needed to fill out online documents, the works. Working with my busy schedule, we were able to get all the needed information in within 72 hours. He literally bent over backward for me. I owe them my degree for all that they have done for me. I can't help but thank DeVry for everything. Instead of going to college for 4 years, I can get my degree in half the time. Sure it's all online and the classes are very quick, but for me being a scatterbrain, it keeps me on track. There are no shortcuts; it’s straight to the point. I would highly recommend DeVry for people with busy schedules and want to better themselves. It's helping me get one step closer to becoming a Police Officer, and have a better and stress-free life for myself. This is from the heart. I meant every word I said.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have been helped by friendly advisors and helpful professors. There have been many times that I have needed help and had to go sit down and talk either over phone and or other social applications. Every time I was met with a clear and acceptable resolution.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Active Military, Reservists, and Veterans utilizing VA benefits... The main issue is how late the certification is submitted, causing delay not only on the Tuition (5th Week is too long, unlike community colleges, within the beginning of the first week of the term, the tuition is already paid by the VA). But the utmost concern is the housing allowance, as some current and former military rely on this to sometimes if not most of the time help them to meet financial shortages. I've emphasized 2 weeks prior to start of the term and numerous e-mails of my concern that the certification needs to be submitted, not even a veteran or military specialist at DeVry was able to help.

Because the housing allowance did not come in and delay of tuition by the 5th week, I've been hit with so many bank insufficient funds beyond more than what I can catch up now with my budgeted living expenses. It's also very hard for us military to be always concerned that there is a balance due because tuition assistance doesn't come in till the 5th week. This causes a lot of stress, it has severely affected my sleep patterns and my work performance at my job. Everytime I would try to initiate my lessons, all I could think of was the balance hanging over my head. This is highly unusual for the past 2 years at community college, I never had this much stress affecting me because right on the beginning of the 1st week of each and every term, the school already was paid on the tuition, and I too have received my housing allowance to cover my living expenses and anything else I'm short on for school expenses.

I'm currently debating whether or not I should even continue to the November term after all the financial stress DeVry has caused me for incompetent Administrative personnel causing delay of my VA tuition and housing allowance benefits, severely affecting me with heavy stress, poor work performance, and just unable to function normally as a student when I have this financial burden caused unto me and affecting my classes, my GPA, getting dropped on one class, and unable to concentrate on the remaining class causing me to fail. Hybrid and campus classes should not be heavily reliant on doing assignments and lectures online, we are losing the traditional learning for those that are more comfortable in a campus class, activities, lectures, and assignments.

Online should be available for further resources, but not to be required heavily for student participation. Back in 1997 when DeVry was still a great school, there were professors who gives lectures as well as hands-on technology and computer terminals as well as hardware right there in the classroom. I highly praised DeVry and my PSCYCHOLOGY 101 class back then as I had learned more from that Professor in 2 weeks than any professors I've met after him to the present time. Now, DeVry has chosen to just have professors talk, write on the board and hopefully students take notes. THIS NO LONGER CONNECTS THE PROFESSORS TO THEIR STUDENTS, instead it's no longer interactive, no longer personal, no immediate professor who you can raise your hand to and ask for assistance or guidance, instead students are forced to do research online, use online school softwares.

I THINK DEVRY SHOULD JUST REPLACE PROFESSORS WITH ROBOTS AND COMPUTERS. Gone are the professors of old who are able to awaken a student’s mind, instead they are lectured in campus if available sometimes not as solid a lecture as expected, even with that, there isn't much hands-on in campuses now compared to my first time in DeVry back in 1997 with CIS courses. Now they just keep pushing for online, as if all the learning a student can get is now solely from online. If that was the case then DeVry should just be strictly online and no longer campus, because it has changed so much. Do not have your professors force students to find everything and do everything online, not very many find that as educational. We’re all different individuals, and a school can't just stereotype every student and expect them to learn online more than from traditional lectures, activities, and campus assignments.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I cannot believe the stress and struggle with this school. If I had money I would file a lawsuit against them because they tell you one thing then they turn it around and say another. Not professional at all. All they care about is to overcharge you for unnecessary fees. They are all about money. They don't care about your education just your pocket. I cannot believe I went to this school. Worse ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

This university has the best staff that is willing to help you right away. The staff is very friendly and they know what they are doing. I thought that I couldn't go to school and work full time but with the ability to do online classes I am excited that I took the decision to attend Devry. They have been there every step of the way making sure I do everything correctly so that I could succeed. If I had any questions at all, there was always someone there to help.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The question was if Keller Graduate School of Management stimulates learning and my answer is they do. I feel that their online platform for learning is a great way to get back to learning school subjects. Along with a great attitude the technology they have is supportive of the academic knowledge that I have learned and will use in my updated career.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I attended DeVry back in 2010 to 2014. I took hybrid of both in class and online classes. The initial classes or level 100 classes were actual classes and they actually teach you by lesson by lesson and you feel you are getting one on one help. Then when you go up the 200-500 level classes then they stop teaching and classes are totally FAKE. They use outdated textbooks and programs. The instructors barely speak proper English and they don't know the subject they are teaching and are learning as they are teaching the students in 2 months period while getting paid for it. The assignments, exams, and, projects are copy and paste since, they don't change their curriculum, so you could find answer keys by simple google search.

The career services are complete joke. They say they commit 6 months in job placement but, what they really do is randomly call bi weekly asking if you got hired yet and if they can help with mock interviews/resume help. Then after 6 months they will drop you and your history to them even if you never get hired anywhere. The graduation/alumni benefits are also another joke. Life insurance and health insurance savings, retail discounts and tuition discount. Read the small print and you will see why it is a complete ripoff joke. DeVry university overall is a diploma mill scam. Please do not attend there.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

So, for me, I have already graduated with an AAS from ITT. Yes, I know, that was a mistake and waste of money. Regardless, I wanted to get a BS from a current and accredited university. I wanted to do it online as well. So I sent an app to Devry seeing as they have regional and ABET accreditation. They tell me I can complete the degree all online, on my own schedule. Sounds great right? Well the recruiter, pressured me through the process, saying that he wanted a commitment that I would go there before they reviewed my transcripts for what would transfer over. So there's that.

I get enrolled and go through all the steps to start class in the next 2 weeks. I do my financial aid consultation for what I have left and how the year, September 2017 to May 2018, will get financed. They advised me I wouldn't have to pay anything with what I had in Financial Aid the first semester, but a small balance the second semester. I was fine with it. The time goes by, classes start, and my financial aid still isn't ironed out. I called and spoke with about 6 different advisors, got up the totem pole to one of the assistant student central directors. Because at this point, the aid they applied for and what's on my account doesn't match what was discussed and sent to me in writing. I talk to them all, I get the runaround. A couple told me due to federal regulations it had to be dispersed a certain way and what I was told and agreed to was just an estimate.

So now I have a balance to pay the first and second semester when I was initially supposed to be credited a balance of about $900 the first semester. At this point I'm livid, and believe this is another scam school. So I start saying I'm going to report them and they lied to me. So the student director gets on the phone, along with one of their higher up financial aid reps. I'm told that it was a mistake and what I was told about federal regulations was a misunderstanding and that I'll get the initial financial aid plan that was discussed and agreed upon, plus a grant for the second semester on $1,350 to cover and balance in spring. Now does that sound fishy to you? Because it sure does to me.

Mind you, I've been abstaining from class the entire first week until Friday just in case I had to withdraw, so these crooks wouldn't be able to charge me a cent, assignments are due by Sunday too by the way. I said I wanted it all in writing and a guarantee it was going to be how it should be. They send me an email, give me their assurances, etc. So I begin classes and work my butt off to try and catch up so I don't fall behind and lose points for late work. Unfortunately I couldn't catch up on their ridiculous Critical Thinking and Problem Solving class because it was writing intensive and my other class was Math which took up a lot of time.

So it's now week two, I'm caught up in Math, only said hi and my name in a discussion forum for the other. I'm behind, I have a family, job, and life outside of this, so I decide to drop the class. I spoke with financial aid to go over my funding, which still has yet to be applied, and go over how the drop would affect my aid. Only thing I'm getting is Pell and Direct Loans, so realistically me withdrawing from the one class for the session only decreases my Pell and I'm considered a 3/4ths time student. I'm told my loans will stay the same, and I will be refunded for the tuition charge for that class... Minus 20%. I about lose it on the financial aid lady, she tells me it's because it's the second week and that's the percentage. I proceed to tell her that I have done nothing in that class, no assignments, because Devry couldn't get my financial plan worked out correctly.

She then looks over it and mentioned the discussion forum I "participated" in on September 1st. I told her it was just an introduction of me saying hi and my name, that's literally it. She says it counts as participation, but since I didn't do anything or log into the course since, that they can withdraw me for only a 10% cost for 1st week drop. It was a 3 credit hour course at $487.20/credit hour. Do the math, me saying my name and "Hi", cost me $200 if you include their non-refundable administrative charge. I almost didn't agree until she said if I wait it goes up to 75% total course cost to withdraw in week 3, and that was only a couple days away. So I just said ok, I disagree, but withdraw me because I'm not going to be playing catch-up and get a worse grade for some ridiculous class because of what was originally Devry’s mistake and hold up.

Now it's the end of week 3. The class was finally removed and I see a credit of $1,270 on my statement. My financial aid is still not where it was agreed it should be at, though, and I'm waiting for them to apply for disbursement of my loans. That is, IF they do what they say they would. This place will end up no better than ITT or any of the other for profits. Then again, DeVos is in office and seems to be allowing these predatory colleges free reign to milk the economy and taxpayers dry. As far as I'm concerned, they've lied multiple times about the aid, with multiple reps giving multiple versions of what type of aid I was getting. Contradicting what the other would say. Now I'm relegated to deal only with the one higher up aid rep, because she "knows what's going on", so I'm told. I'm not to speak with any other financial aid rep.

This college is a joke, the online program is a joke from all I've seen to date. I don't know how they achieved regional or ABET accreditation. What I do know, is that they have been deceitful, unforthcoming, and seemingly unknowledgeable about procedures. Oh and by the way, they barely accepted 1/3rd of my ITT credits, even though it's an almost exact program match with class overlap. Don't be fooled, they don't care about you, they care about getting your money, that's why they're FOR PROFIT.

They might talk nice and ask about your future, but it's all a rouse to get you in. Then they can charge you a couple hundred to say hi in a class, or backtrack on what was agreed upon for your finances. Unless of course you call them out on their mistakes and talk with multiple reps whom all contradict one another, then you can get a Devry grant to appease you and keep your mouth closed on their mistake. I was stupid to even consider going here after going to the now defunct ITT from 2011 to 2013. Oh and don't forget about their $100 million dollar fine they had to pay out last year in 2016 for defrauding and making false claims to students, giving incentives to admission reps for getting people in there.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

DeVry University has a great educational model. Embedding technology within a degree is essential in today's business climate. As an older student coming back to school, DeVry had a program that fit my lifestyle and needs, which was critical for continuing my education. The staff at DeVry welcomes you as part of one big family and the support is extraordinary. I would highly recommend this school!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I received a B.S in Technical Management from DeVry and attended Keller Graduate immediately afterward. My experience was fairly good throughout, until I was 3 classes away from graduating again. I didn't know DeVry was facing a class action lawsuit and closing some of their campuses. I was part of the suit, and have received a check. Anyways, long story short: DeVry allows students to retake failed and withdrawn courses up to 3 times. I needed to retake 2 of my last 3 courses, and was approved by the campus Dean. Then... the week classes begin, headquarters emails me that I am dismissed because those 2 classes dropped my GPA below 3.0

I transferred schools to finish my degree with Strayer and they took very few of my credits. I spend another $40,000 with Strayer all because DeVry would not let me retake courses as agreed upon. This school is outrageous after they get nearly $50,000 of your loan money. Absurd! They have done this to other students that eventually would fall short of their financial aid.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Bad "Teaching" and Theft. I have been in Devry University for over a year now for Medical Coding and Billing. The teachers don't teach, they just have you copy and paste information from the books that they don't actually teach from. It's very much a "read this, parrot this back" kind of school. I am just weeks from Graduation and I am no more ready now to enter the field than I was in May 2016, when I started. I have had to correct test results for my teachers, they'd mark me wrong and I'd have to point out that it was actually a correct answer, then they'd change my grade. They're just sorry. But this isn't the biggest gripe with them, no, there's more.

In May of this year, they told me that my Federal Aid paid too much for tuition, this is supposed to kick back as a credit to me, right? No, they said they sent back $317 to the loaner. So because of them sending back my "overpay", books that I purchased for $275 in May were not covered. Had they credited my account as they should have, my books would have been covered. So this left me with a balance of $275. They assured me that when my Financial Aid dispersed in July the balance would be covered and that it would also leave me a nice credit as well.

Jump forward to July, my financial aid is set to disperse and the numbers on my account are jumping around like jumping beans. I have been on the phone with someone different every day for two weeks. First my $275 balance jumped to $580 for no visible reason. Then they told me that it was because they had to send back the $317 in May. So I'm paying for them sending back funds? They say "Oh, no, it's not like that." But if it's coming out of my credit kickback, it's me paying for it, right? Why am I covering a Federal Aid return anyway? So then it jumps to a $600+ balance on my account. Why? Where did this sudden increase come from? There is no explanation this time. I am just simply assured that my credit will come through for the amount I am seeing right then, which was a great credit.

This morning, I wake up to almost the entirety of my credit gone. Just wiped away. I call in and they tell me it's because over $900 of my May session wasn't covered by Federal Aid. So they had to take that from my July Aid. Over $900 that has NEVER, not ONCE been shown or mentioned until today. And if Aid didn't cover the $900+ in May, why did they send back the $317 "for overpay"? Where is this money going? Where are they getting these numbers? They're stealing our money. But because they have control of the numbers that go into and get changed around in the system, they can get away with it. They know that they have high paid lawyers to back them, they can lie about whatever they want and get away with it. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Original review: June 27, 2017

It started off good and the first class I had teammates turn on me. No help from the school at all. The second class was good but it got bad. They ask for transcript that I did have to provide, they had a hold on my July of 2017 classes, then they received them and the hold was off on June 12, 2017. The finals came and I was so burned out from them I wanted to relax and enjoy my week off. Oh HELL NAW TO THE NAW, NAW, NAW. I got an email from the Registrar Dept. letting me know that they did not receive them. I called the school and they said, "we have them," and the updated is in my system. They said, "I call you back." All weekend I had to wait for that call and guess what, they took my classes for July away saying that my transcripts did not look like the other school. That lie because I had them sent to them.

Guess what, I'm calling the Department of Education to get my money back from those two classes I took and calling an attorney as well. Please do not choose this school. They are out to get your money then put you out to the trash like you are a dog. Beware... beware, beware, DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL!!! THEY ARE JUST LIKE EVEREST UNIVERSITY who went down. Stay away, stay away from this school.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business, Human Resource Management in 2017. When I initially made the decision to go back to school, it had already been 11 years since I graduated from high school. I spoke with many admissions reps from a plethora of schools and found that Devry offered everything I was looking for. In fact the enrollment including financial aid was literally laid out on a platter for me, requiring very little work on my part. Not to mention within only 2 weeks I was ready to start my first class. Throughout my degree, I had a coaching advisor that I would communicate with regularly; about anything school related to even my personal life.

Professors were absolutely amazing, thorough, and prompt. Since I have graduated I have received very nice job offers and still work closely with a career advisor; as that is just another benefit Devry offers once you complete your degree program. During my program I also received scholarships from Devry that helped finance my education without having to pay it back. I would definitely recommend an online program to anyone trying to juggle work, children, and life as well as pursuing an education. I am sure there are many colleges that offer this, but personally Devry was the perfect option for me. I can proudly say that I am the only person in my family that now has a college degree, thanks to Devry.

Original review: May 19, 2017

For a little back story, I was waiting to get approved for a great program with our local community college in Northern VA, but in case I did not get in, I applied to DeVry also. The admission process went smoothly, I was on top of everything, sending my transcripts and taking their placement test, etc. I told my admissions advisor about me being pregnant and almost due so I was trying to get everything in order before then. I got my financial aid package from them, seemed way overpriced, especially compared to the community college. I asked her when registration started and she said, "oh, not for a long time". So for me that was perfect while I was waiting for my answer about getting into the CC program. Only a week had passed and I got my answer and emailed her to let her know I would not be attending and this is literally the response I got back.

"Thank you. That is all I needed, you to communicate that to me so we could close your application, instead of me working on your application, and asking you all these weeks about registration, when there was no need to. It could have saved us both time looking for you and you having to get all these calls and questions about it. I will close your application today. We wish you all the best at NVCC. As long as you found a good fit for you, that is what matters." I guess she was mad she wasn't getting her little commission or whatever. I'm so glad I will not be going there. They seem desperate and greedy!

Original review: April 26, 2017

So I called Devry University to get information to see if they provided any online classes for Medical Assistance programs and they said No, but the recruiter started talking about Health Information Technology like it was the next big job! She said that by the time I graduate there will be so many jobs since the field is going paperless so they are going to need employees to be able to do these electronically. And she explained how they have a career service center to help me find a job and how their job placement was great, she gave me a % but I cannot remember since this was back in like 2009. And almost felt pushed to make an on the spot decision... Like I would have to pay an entrance fee if I waited. So I decided to join the college, I did great, graduated with a 3.49 GPA, so looked for a job after graduation around my area... NOTHING, there was 1 or 2 that I interviewed for, but they wanted experience. That I didn't have.

I live in a small area where people keep their jobs so these were going to be few far in between, so I called the Career service, gave them my resume, told them I was willing to relocate. Emails went back and forth but NEVER got me ANY interviews, now come on, I am willing to relocate and you find me NOTHING??? Graduated in 2012... now 2017... and I do not even work in that career... Even if I wanted to apply I would need to get additional education just to be able to know what to do anymore. I really hope this lawsuit brings justice to me and others they did this too... I can't afford to pay my loans... I'm just sick.

Original review: March 13, 2017

A typical predatory "for-profit" joke of a school. They ONLY care about deceiving you out of your money, your student loans, and your VETERANS BENEFITS. There is a guy on Google reviews who sums up how they work. Basically a telemarketing center calling to get you registered for courses and once they do, they won't give you the time of day. Took my GI BILL money, 'automatically' withdrew me from a course without my knowledge, consent, or any sort of notification. I now owe the VA $3,000 and DeVry is being the big for-profit bully telling me tough luck. A JOKE. DO NOT ATTEND. BUYER BEWARE. VETERANS BEWARE.

Original review: March 8, 2017

They are clearly only out to make case. Their student advisors are terrible; mine pushed me towards a degree for which there were virtually no jobs in my state rather than the one I wanted at first, which would have had plenty of jobs. Unfortunately I didn't know this until I was done, so now all I have is a piece of paper that says I got 4.0 and a bill for tens of thousands. It has actually made it more difficult to get a job because employers do not respect DeVry. I've had to downplay my degree just to get interviews. I in fact graduate from DeVry Summa Cum Laude.

Original review: March 7, 2017

On Saturday March 04, 2017 I emailed Devry about some information about their coding program. I left my name, address, telephone number and email address. On Monday March 06, 2017 I received a welcome email, as if I filled out an application for enrollment. I replied to the email out of astonishment stating I only emailed for information but due to this mistrustful behavior I was no longer interested.

15 minutes later at 1:11pm I received a call from an admissions representative who was apologetic named John ** stating there was a system error. After hanging up with this admissions employee 10 minutes later I received another email, thanking me for completing the admissions processes and speaking with an admissions representative about setting up a password.

I immediately tried to call this person back. The call went to his voicemail. I left a very interesting message about my disappointment in this fraudulent behavior. It is sad that this is what these higher institutions has come to. Misleading and falsely admitting students without their consents is absolutely despicable. I won't stand for it. I'm also notifying BBB and the FTC.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Staffing is horrible from the professors to student advisors. They do not have the best interest of the students in mind. What they are looking for is money. They give false hope and do not stand by what they say even when you meet the criteria they have set for classes and standards.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I am a 1994 BSEET grad from the DeVry Phoenix campus and I am a multiple 6 figure earner. My career has been dynamic and prosperous and my DeVry education has helped me to effectively fill a number of very challenging technical, managerial, and executive roles with some of the world's premier companies serving many other of the world's premier companies as clients across many industries. An interesting demographic from my graduating class is that I am one of several who have performed at or above my current professional level and income.

My undergraduate career spanned 11 years, included 7 different majors, while attending a series of 7 different colleges or universities. After selling my company I decided to change from studying Economics to studying Engineering. At that time DeVry offered me the most direct path and the shortest time investment to completing a BS in and Engineering field of study. I transferred from a state university to DeVry. The program was challenging and the professors very knowledgeable and helpful. The direct degree program approach was much less cumbersome to navigate than the auditorium registration/multiple contingency course method that the traditional state and private schools I had attended. Online registration has dealt with much of this challenge though according to my son, niece, and nephews course availability remains a significant issue in traditional public and private universities.

In my experience this is not an issue at DeVry. 90% of my graduating class received multiple offers of employment prior to graduation with high quality employers. As DeVry is a regionally accredited university I have never had an employer or client question the validity of my degree. In my experience and for working and very focused students DeVry is a good option for completing studies towards an undergraduate degree. I find that the quality of writing capability among the majority of those who claim to have difficulty finding employment following the completion of a DeVry degree to be very telling and likely very contributory to the difficulty they have in finding a job. Many do not know the accurate name for the degree that they hold.

A degree is a qualification. It can help significantly in finding a job but it is not the key to long term successful employment. Performance and growth are what employers want from their employees. They are looking for evidence of performance capability during interviews. Qualifications get the interview, performance during the interview lands the job, performance on the job creates a successful career. In addition to completing a degree many people could benefit from investing in developing their communication and interview skills. There are organizations that can help. Toastmasters is one. There are many providers of interview skills training, life skills coaching, and leadership skills training that can be accessed to improve interview skills and performance. Don't blame the school. Investigate what is preventing success and improve on that characteristic. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I went to DeVry with high hopes, boy was I wrong. They don't go by your schedule but by theirs. Financial aid is a headache with them. They misused all my financial aid and now I don't have Fed money to attend my March and May classes. I have to cough up money out of pocket which is why I got financial aid, so I don't have to use my own money. I have an 8 year Autistic son and all my money is tailored to him. Now they are telling I have to use my out of pocket to pay for my classes, which I will not do. They suckered me in and now they are trying to get more money out of me?? I don't think so... DO NOT ATTEND DEVRY... Now I see why they are a profit school.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I joined DeVry back in 2013 and was extremely happy and hopeful that I would get my degree in Healthcare business. Sadly in June 1st of 2014 a week after the new class session started, my Mother lost her battle with breast cancer and I just couldn't keep my head busy with school anymore. I contacted both my professor and my counselor for help, on dropping out because I was grieving for my mother. Both sent me a withdrawal form which I filled out and quickly sent back before my Mother's funeral on June 5th.

I made sure to ask both they had received it and ask if there was anything else I needed and I was going to have any charges pending, to which I was told that everything was going to balanced out and most likely a charge of about $300 plus would be pending, but I would be billed and have time to pay it off. I was asked if I had plans to continue with my education. I remember mentioning that I did, but at the current moment I was not sure when or if I was in the best shape to answer that question.

Fast forward, a year, and I started to get collection calls saying I owed DeVry $1,500! I called DeVry and was told that the charges were for dropping out during the middle of a class session and for not giving notice. Apparently the forms I filled out withdrawing were never turned in and I was officially dropped out of the class 10 days later and dropped from the school 10 days after that! making it seem like I did nothing by decide to not attend school anymore. So, my efforts to making sure I did all that was needed was useless and the forms I filled out, mysteriously disappeared because they were never turned in and they have no recollection that they ever sent them to me or I, to them.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with these people and no one seems to know who my counselor was, if my previous professor is still working there, and who I can speak to about this issue. Oh, but the harassing phone calls to my husband and I are constant! I can't even continue my education somewhere else because I can no longer get financial aid if I have a pending balance with another school and I'd have to start over from scratch. So thanks to DeVry I can't continue my education and I am stuck with an unfair $1500 bill which I can't pay, no financial aid to help start over and a lifetime of daily harassing calls. Did anyone know that they use students to work for DeVry to help them recruit more students? But half the time these student don't know what they are doing? No wonder no one knows what's going on with anything!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Only reason I here was due to them offering Military discount and it was online. But you cannot tack on other scholarships. It’s whatever is the best deal. They only want your money, not looking for you to learn. Also, good luck getting in contact with anyone! No one knows answers to anything, they just transfer you place to place in hopes someone knows an answer. Same with the teachers, half of them do not even return your email or phone call. They told me they will pay for my first attempt at my cerf for the RHIA exam, but for some reason no one knows the answer to who I send the application to or how it’s getting paid for. Great college, NOT! I would not recommend anyone going here. Do not waste your time or money.

Devry University expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Since its founding in 1931, DeVry University has helped hundreds of thousands of students reach their educational goals.

• Regionally Accredited Programs: DeVry University has long held regional accreditation for their on-campus programs, and in 1998, they added online programs to their accreditation.

• Incredible Program Variety: Where other online colleges offer a few online options, DeVry University has a wide range of programs ranging from the hard sciences to the liberal arts.

• High Value Scholarships: DeVry University offers $75 million in scholarship and grant funding based on need or merit.

• Blended Programs Available: Although they offer entirely online degrees, they also offer the option to take some classes online and others on campus.

• Financial Aid Assistance: Getting the most out of a financial aid package can be challenging, so DeVry University has a fully staffed financial aid office to help.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs