3.81/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Concorde Career College

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in 8 states that has been training nurses and other medical professionals for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of over 20 degree and diploma programs. They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

From becoming a dental assistant to earning a degree in respiratory therapy, students complete programs in as few as nine months and benefit from a hands-on, real-world learning environment that combines theoretical learning and practical application.

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Concorde Career College Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This school knew from my very first visit that I didnt finish High School or get my GED and told me that wasn't an issue and proceeded to help me with my student loan paperwork and even told me they would help me after externship. 15 years later I got back to continue my education and I find out WITHOUT a diploma or GED I would have to be tested by a college prior to enrollment. This school is very untrustworthy... If you are in San Diego avoid at all cost..

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Graduated from Concorde-my advisor said the only reason I got a diploma was to keep their numbers up. Career advice & internships were non-existent. Going on to get a higher degree in my field in spite of them.

Concorde Career College response

Dear Ann, we are sorry to hear that you had a challenging experience and would like to connect you with our career services team. We will PM you to get your contact info so that we can best assist you. Concorde College

Get expert buying tips about Online Nursing Programs and Nursing Schools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 17, 2019

I'm like every student that applies at Concorde. How much better my life is going to be. Well I'm here to tell you that everything that they tell you isn't true. First of all, it's all about the money. Not about the money you will make, it's about the money they are going to make. They sign you up, and they get the money the government sends them to teach you. The problem is they don't hold up to their end. I had a problem with my instructor. My clutch went out in my car, and it took me about three days to get back to class. He had it in for me for a while and flunked me on a lab test that was seen by several students and was praised for the performance, yet he flunked me. I was about 9 months into a 15 month degree and was dismissed from Concorde but could start back in approximately 5 months and would have a different instructor.

I was 50 years old at the time. I was counting on the promises made to me. I couldn't wait another month. I had very limited income and was going in deeper debt. The school has affected my life in a large capacity. They left me owing the government close to $10,000. If they take money for getting you a certificate of a trade, they should do their part to make sure you get it. If not they should give the money back. Of course they don't and now my credit is shot and I really need legal assistance in going after Concorde to make a change in the way they do business.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I completed the Dental Assistant Program at Concorde. Great program. Besides the instructors sleeping with a few students overall I enjoyed it! Unfortunately I have not been able to find a job. Going into the program you're constantly being told on how the programs offer guaranteed jobs. Turned out not to be so true. After countless days of hard work and 17,000 in debt you would think you’d have the start of your career. After reaching out to graduate services to “help with job placement” I would say out of 28 students in my graduating class a handful are employed. After several failed attempts from the job placement they stop calling and in 6 months they are expecting payment on the student loans. To sum it all up my best advice would be DONT DO IT. Sincerely, A broke jobless Concorde graduate.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I received my technical degree from Concord Career School in San Antonio. It was not an easy course since we tested weekly on medical terminology. Once we were done with the courses most business only offer starting pay as $9.00. The externship with a nightmare. The first company that they sent me to had a woman that was crazy and kept yelling at me for exceeding in my work and they had to reprimand her. I was sent to a doctors office to work at the front desk. There were many other students there. I was not trained and spent a week on my own ringing up patients bills and inputting their information. I had not met the doctor at the time because she was out of town.

When she came back that Friday, her team was playing around and discussing personal stuff amongst each other that was inappropriate in front of patients. I got a phone call from the director and she told me that the doctor had just gotten back and overheard me talking dirty to one of the other employees. I was blown away since I was the only one working and none of her employees were doing anything and I had not said a word to anyone all day.

I called the director and she said that they had everything on film and she knew I did nothing but one of the other girls blamed me to get out of getting fired. The doctor later watched the film and called the school to apologize. Yet, they sent me to a third business and the doctor's wife was the head nurse there and pulled me into her office and asked me why I was even getting my technical degree if I was a business owner. She would yell daily and the day before my final day at the office (after 90 days), she decided to tell me that morning that they no longer needed me. She said she enjoyed having me there but they couldn't use me anymore. I finally finished my hours at a doctor friend's office.

It was a complete nightmare to have to go from place to place and not get paid but work for free and then to be treated so badly. Many of the places they send you to are that way. Many of the students complained and they would just keep sending them from place to place. I had many calls after I graduated with a perfect score and they wanted me to work out of town. They offered much more out of town than in San Antonio. So, basically, I am paying my student loan back religiously and not utilizing my degree. Out of the entire time that I went to Concorde Career School, not one of the students that attending school with me is working in the field because of the low pay they offer. I was disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I would highly suggest looking into other programs, and read their terms completely. I jumped into the program during a more stressful part of my life. The classroom teachers were mostly great. With the exception of a teacher who couldn't keep on subject thus lowered my grade. There was an episode of drama with a student who threatened harm on other students. Myself, and another student reported it to the DON. She actually told the student who reported him. He was never punished, and started trying to threaten us. Thankfully he quit on his own. Why didn't I leave? I was thousands of dollars invested.

The clinical teachers with the exception of two were lackluster. A minimal amount of the class got great hands on experience. I seemed to be continuously placed in ones that lacked it. Upon graduating I learned almost all my best teachers had left. I wasn't able to get letters of recommendations from anyone. Oh yeah hospitals DON'T consider clinical job experience.

Their job assistance is a JOKE. At first I got monthly lists for CNA positions or positions of wanting multiple years of experience. A CNA position was significantly less income to what I made at the time, and I paid thousands for an LVN job they promised they would help me qualify for. The job openings stopped coming even though I never asked them to stop. A few years later I was hounded by a woman wanting an update. I told her I had not found a job as an LVN, still at same job as before, and I was pregnant. She demanded proof of my pregnancy so she could put my account on "hold." Totally confusing as they hadn't reached out in years, and I now needed to bend over backward to prove my pregnancy. Uh No. The only people who actually passed the program that had success were people already working in the field or had families who owned home healthcare companies.

Proceed with caution. I wasn't told that in California most hospitals were getting rid of LNVs. I wasn't told hospitals don't see clinical experience as experience. I was told the opposite. Their job assistance program is weak. I found the same jobs on my own time. They have staff turnover issues making post graduation communication hard or impossible. I have been stuck with student loans to pay off almost $40,000 for the past few years for a vocational license I haven't been able to use. Why make almost $10 less hourly to do a job (CNA) you didn't bust your ** getting a license for? I wouldn't recommend this program unless you have connections in the medical field. Otherwise you will have to start from the ground up. For most adults with a life (kids, mortgage) that is not realistic. This will just add to your debt.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I ended up going into Concorde to be counseled because I didn’t know what I was gonna do with school at that time. I was working and initially, I was gonna wanna do my RN with them but the counselor didn't recommend it to me because I was not gonna be able to work and do that program. Then I asked about the LPN program and they did have a part-time program but I didn't know that until afterwards. When I was getting counseled, he said that they didn't offer a part-time program so that wasn’t beneficial to me either. He also said that LPNs weren't in high demand. That was when he really pushed the MA program. He told me to do it then see if I still want to be in the medical field afterwards. He told me that I could come back and get a discount if I want to do my LPN and my RN. It sounded great but later on, I felt like it was a sales pitch so I would do that then come back and pay them more money for another certificate.

My MA program was also the worst experience ever. I worked in the morning and I went to school from 5 to 10. But through those eight months, they went through six teachers because everyone was having issues. People weren't liking the teachers and people were getting fired. It was weird. On top of that, the people that I was in school with at the time were really mean towards each other. There was a lot of animosity and there were a few times that a few other students and I were threatened but the principal wasn't really doing anything about it. It was a mess.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Concorde's was the only scrub tech program in my area which offered evening classes. Though I enjoyed completing it, I felt like the leadership was pretty unorganized and so the students just kinda followed what the leadership offered. The program was costly as well. I ended up doing an internship and it was a good experience. I enjoyed the people whom I worked with and the physicians I learned from. However, since they have taken away the evening program, I probably wouldn’t recommend people that I know to go there because it was so disorganized while I was there.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The accelerated program of Concorde Career College made me go with them over the others and I was in their Dental Hygiene program. Concorde's staff was there every step of the way and I've had a particularly good experience with Lisa and Andrea. They really knew their student very well. They were helpful and they made sure everybody understood. Concorde is also very into community service and into giving back to the community. They also set up things that we would do together as community service.

Being active in the classroom and the clinic were the keys to become successful at Concorde, and I took with me all the skills necessary for my job. But there are still some things that needed to be worked out. Things don’t always run perfectly and smoothly in the clinic and it was very hard to get my competencies done because I did it by myself and we didn't always have the means to do it so it got very stressful not only for the students but the teachers as well. But overall, it was a good experience and I just did everything I needed before I graduated.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I read about Concorde Career College online when I was doing some research for the particular career that I wanna go into. I like that the Neurodiagnostic Technology program was accelerated so I was able to accomplish my goal in a short amount of time because it’s a double-edged sword packing so much material into a short length of time. I received a lot of guidance from Concorde. They were prepared to educate me about what they had to offer in relation to the field.

There were multiple people that really helped me a lot. Robert was the first person that I came in contact with when I reached out to Concorde. He was great as far as following up with me on a daily basis up until when I met him in person and visited the school. I came from up north to kind of make a long distance trip to check out the school. There are only two schools in California where there’s accredited program. The other one being Orange Coast College which I had intended to get into back in 2014 and I actually got on the waitlist for that school until I got declined.

So then when I had found out that Concorde had offered the same program that was accredited, I was excited to see what my other options were when I couldn’t get into OCC. That’s when I reached out to Concorde and Robert was great in following up. He knew when we met that I had done my research. I was pretty serious at the time and yet, he was still willing to provide all the services and give me a tour. Also, what I was impressed about Concorde was that they were able to get you in right away. I didn’t have to fool with the waitlist.

However, the downside is the tuition is a lot more expensive than a community college like Orange Coast College. But the benefit outweighs the cost in that sense, rather than having to wait two more years to see if I get into the other school. And then the cost of living, I had to put that into account because it would be cheaper to live near San Bernardino than in Costa Mesa.

Throughout my program at Concorde, I have to give a big shout-out to the main NDT instructor there, Jay. He’s really great with teaching the course. He’s one of the smartest instructors that I met at Concorde. He really knows his stuff and he works in the field as well so he knows what he was talking about. You can also ask him questions and being that he’s in the field, you can be confident that he’s gonna have the answer to it. He’s straight up with you about anything you want to talk about.

The other big kudos would be to Ann. She was the new program director who took over our program when the other program director left. It was like a difference of night-and-day as far as her dedication and enthusiasm. You could tell that she’s really passionate about getting this program on track and on course to succeed. She also cared about her students and prepared us for success after we're done studying at Concorde. She prepared us for the board exam that I would be taking at the end of this month and also trying to help prepare us during our clinical rotation so that we get that experience and can get a job right out of graduation.

Also, our neuroanatomy teacher has a special and goofy way of teaching. He’s very polarizing. Our neuroscience teacher also teaches general health there and he comes from a biology science background but he really knows his stuff. I remember him saying we really need to know those neurological disorders for the board exam. At the time, you don’t really know how accurate those statements are until you’re actually right before the board exam and getting prepared.

And so I get my hat off to the whole program. It worked out as ideal as it could have. I consider myself blessed that I was able to follow through on my plan. Just to put things into perspective, as I was approaching graduation for this program, I got an email earlier this year from Orange Coast College, saying that they had accepted me and to notify them so that they could enroll me in their program for August of this year. And so if I had waited another two years and not done Concorde due to whatever reason, then I wouldn’t have started my program until September of this year, and wouldn’t have gone out until another two years, in 2020. I have a job in the field and approaching to be board registered, certified, and I’d be working two years into my career before having even graduated at the other school.

The culture at Concorde was fine as well. They had lots of engagement activities or days where they would decorate the building whether it would be for the holiday or maybe student appreciation day or for Veteran’s Day. And then sometimes, they had some engagement activities where they had games set up that they had the different programs participate in and the teachers got involved as well.

I’m really thankful that Concorde offers this accredited program because there’s no other school in California besides those two. I really think that Concorde’s benefiting a lot from this program and I would encourage other students if they’re not sure what school they wanna go into, to at least look up and see if this field might be something that interests them because it’s something that I’m very passionate about. Concorde did a great job. Nothing can be perfect but for what they offer, it really helped my dreams. If you are a trying student and you’re willing to learn, then you’re gonna succeed because they set you up to succeed.

Concorde Career College expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Concorde Career College focuses on the healthcare industry, offering degree completion, diploma and degree programs for nursing and other medical professions. There are 16 campuses in 8 states: California, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas.

• Short program lengths: The shortest program length is five months (Surgical Technology online degree completion program). Several programs, like the Dental Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Medical Office Professional, Primary Technician, Polysomnographic Technology and Medical Assistant programs, can be completed in as little as 8 months. The longest program length is Healthcare Administration Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science, which takes on average 24 months to complete.

• Business partnerships: Concorde Career College partners with hundreds of businesses, including hospitals, insurance companies and physicians, so their graduates can find fulfilling careers soon after they graduate. Businesses can participate in externships to give Concorde students a hands-on opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to a real-world medical or insurance environment.

• Accreditation: Concorde Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

• Nursing and medical focus: Concorde focuses only on healthcare-related fields, like nursing, dental and allied health.

• Easy online application: Applying to a program is quick, easy and free with Concorde’s online application process.

• Best for: high school graduates and career changers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs