3.8/5 (499 ratings)

About Concorde Career College

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in 8 states that has been training nurses and other medical professionals for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of over 20 degree and diploma programs. They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

Concorde Career College Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Updated on 04/13/2021: Hello. First off why is it absolutely impossible to get ahold of anyone at Concorde College? Second, thank you for not helping me find a job and putting me into financial ruin. Third, I pay a bill and already another bill is sent saying I'm late. (Please stop. It's annoying, we have something called covid-19...a pandemic...have you heard of it? Obviously not..) Lastly, at the utterly disgusting Garden Grove location (Btw I love garden grove. I can't stand concorde college.) I think it was Monica the one who sits at her chair all day smirking like there is no tomorrow promised me a job and sent me to these hell hole locations for "training". No wonder why it's impossible to get ahold of anyone. Today I sent an email and I am sure nothing will come of it... It's a SCAM and I am pushing for my loans to be dropped. Who else feels this way? I have epilepsy...and I was hoping to get into the medical field but it's too bad this "school" failed me.

Updated on 12/17/2020: This "school" or career college needs to be shut down. It's purely a scam. I wrote a previous review and heard nothing as expected. There is no way to contact them but somehow they have a way to contact me.

Original Review: I attended Concorde Career College in Garden Grove. The overall college itself was ok. It's been two years and impossible to email them and yet they keep hounding me for repayment even though I never could use my experience to find a job. Here is something upsetting. I just paid a bill not even two weeks ago then I get an email a week ago saying I am past due. From some guy named Keith. I am not paying the minimum either. I am paying a lot and on time and here they are trying to collect the minute after I already paid. To be honest the school was ok but they never helped find a job and the billing department is dishonest and I might go to court over it. Furthermore I had to go back to my old job because Concorde didn't help me. Just billed me.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This school knew from my very first visit that I didnt finish High School or get my GED and told me that wasn't an issue and proceeded to help me with my student loan paperwork and even told me they would help me after externship. 15 years later I got back to continue my education and I find out WITHOUT a diploma or GED I would have to be tested by a college prior to enrollment. This school is very untrustworthy... If you are in San Diego avoid at all cost..

Get buying tips about Online Nursing Programs and Nursing Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Graduated from Concorde-my advisor said the only reason I got a diploma was to keep their numbers up. Career advice & internships were non-existent. Going on to get a higher degree in my field in spite of them.

Concorde Career College response

Dear Ann, we are sorry to hear that you had a challenging experience and would like to connect you with our career services team. We will PM you to get your contact info so that we can best assist you. Concorde College

Original review: March 17, 2019

I'm like every student that applies at Concorde. How much better my life is going to be. Well I'm here to tell you that everything that they tell you isn't true. First of all, it's all about the money. Not about the money you will make, it's about the money they are going to make. They sign you up, and they get the money the government sends them to teach you. The problem is they don't hold up to their end. I had a problem with my instructor. My clutch went out in my car, and it took me about three days to get back to class. He had it in for me for a while and flunked me on a lab test that was seen by several students and was praised for the performance, yet he flunked me. I was about 9 months into a 15 month degree and was dismissed from Concorde but could start back in approximately 5 months and would have a different instructor.

I was 50 years old at the time. I was counting on the promises made to me. I couldn't wait another month. I had very limited income and was going in deeper debt. The school has affected my life in a large capacity. They left me owing the government close to $10,000. If they take money for getting you a certificate of a trade, they should do their part to make sure you get it. If not they should give the money back. Of course they don't and now my credit is shot and I really need legal assistance in going after Concorde to make a change in the way they do business.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I completed the Dental Assistant Program at Concorde. Great program. Besides the instructors sleeping with a few students overall I enjoyed it! Unfortunately I have not been able to find a job. Going into the program you're constantly being told on how the programs offer guaranteed jobs. Turned out not to be so true. After countless days of hard work and 17,000 in debt you would think you’d have the start of your career. After reaching out to graduate services to “help with job placement” I would say out of 28 students in my graduating class a handful are employed. After several failed attempts from the job placement they stop calling and in 6 months they are expecting payment on the student loans. To sum it all up my best advice would be DONT DO IT. Sincerely, A broke jobless Concorde graduate.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I received my technical degree from Concord Career School in San Antonio. It was not an easy course since we tested weekly on medical terminology. Once we were done with the courses most business only offer starting pay as $9.00. The externship with a nightmare. The first company that they sent me to had a woman that was crazy and kept yelling at me for exceeding in my work and they had to reprimand her. I was sent to a doctors office to work at the front desk. There were many other students there. I was not trained and spent a week on my own ringing up patients bills and inputting their information. I had not met the doctor at the time because she was out of town.

When she came back that Friday, her team was playing around and discussing personal stuff amongst each other that was inappropriate in front of patients. I got a phone call from the director and she told me that the doctor had just gotten back and overheard me talking dirty to one of the other employees. I was blown away since I was the only one working and none of her employees were doing anything and I had not said a word to anyone all day.

I called the director and she said that they had everything on film and she knew I did nothing but one of the other girls blamed me to get out of getting fired. The doctor later watched the film and called the school to apologize. Yet, they sent me to a third business and the doctor's wife was the head nurse there and pulled me into her office and asked me why I was even getting my technical degree if I was a business owner. She would yell daily and the day before my final day at the office (after 90 days), she decided to tell me that morning that they no longer needed me. She said she enjoyed having me there but they couldn't use me anymore. I finally finished my hours at a doctor friend's office.

It was a complete nightmare to have to go from place to place and not get paid but work for free and then to be treated so badly. Many of the places they send you to are that way. Many of the students complained and they would just keep sending them from place to place. I had many calls after I graduated with a perfect score and they wanted me to work out of town. They offered much more out of town than in San Antonio. So, basically, I am paying my student loan back religiously and not utilizing my degree. Out of the entire time that I went to Concorde Career School, not one of the students that attending school with me is working in the field because of the low pay they offer. I was disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I would highly suggest looking into other programs, and read their terms completely. I jumped into the program during a more stressful part of my life. The classroom teachers were mostly great. With the exception of a teacher who couldn't keep on subject thus lowered my grade. There was an episode of drama with a student who threatened harm on other students. Myself, and another student reported it to the DON. She actually told the student who reported him. He was never punished, and started trying to threaten us. Thankfully he quit on his own. Why didn't I leave? I was thousands of dollars invested.

The clinical teachers with the exception of two were lackluster. A minimal amount of the class got great hands on experience. I seemed to be continuously placed in ones that lacked it. Upon graduating I learned almost all my best teachers had left. I wasn't able to get letters of recommendations from anyone. Oh yeah hospitals DON'T consider clinical job experience.

Their job assistance is a JOKE. At first I got monthly lists for CNA positions or positions of wanting multiple years of experience. A CNA position was significantly less income to what I made at the time, and I paid thousands for an LVN job they promised they would help me qualify for. The job openings stopped coming even though I never asked them to stop. A few years later I was hounded by a woman wanting an update. I told her I had not found a job as an LVN, still at same job as before, and I was pregnant. She demanded proof of my pregnancy so she could put my account on "hold." Totally confusing as they hadn't reached out in years, and I now needed to bend over backward to prove my pregnancy. Uh No. The only people who actually passed the program that had success were people already working in the field or had families who owned home healthcare companies.

Proceed with caution. I wasn't told that in California most hospitals were getting rid of LNVs. I wasn't told hospitals don't see clinical experience as experience. I was told the opposite. Their job assistance program is weak. I found the same jobs on my own time. They have staff turnover issues making post graduation communication hard or impossible. I have been stuck with student loans to pay off almost $40,000 for the past few years for a vocational license I haven't been able to use. Why make almost $10 less hourly to do a job (CNA) you didn't bust your ** getting a license for? I wouldn't recommend this program unless you have connections in the medical field. Otherwise you will have to start from the ground up. For most adults with a life (kids, mortgage) that is not realistic. This will just add to your debt.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I ended up going into Concorde to be counseled because I didn’t know what I was gonna do with school at that time. I was working and initially, I was gonna wanna do my RN with them but the counselor didn't recommend it to me because I was not gonna be able to work and do that program. Then I asked about the LPN program and they did have a part-time program but I didn't know that until afterwards. When I was getting counseled, he said that they didn't offer a part-time program so that wasn’t beneficial to me either. He also said that LPNs weren't in high demand. That was when he really pushed the MA program. He told me to do it then see if I still want to be in the medical field afterwards. He told me that I could come back and get a discount if I want to do my LPN and my RN. It sounded great but later on, I felt like it was a sales pitch so I would do that then come back and pay them more money for another certificate.

My MA program was also the worst experience ever. I worked in the morning and I went to school from 5 to 10. But through those eight months, they went through six teachers because everyone was having issues. People weren't liking the teachers and people were getting fired. It was weird. On top of that, the people that I was in school with at the time were really mean towards each other. There was a lot of animosity and there were a few times that a few other students and I were threatened but the principal wasn't really doing anything about it. It was a mess.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Concorde's was the only scrub tech program in my area which offered evening classes. Though I enjoyed completing it, I felt like the leadership was pretty unorganized and so the students just kinda followed what the leadership offered. The program was costly as well. I ended up doing an internship and it was a good experience. I enjoyed the people whom I worked with and the physicians I learned from. However, since they have taken away the evening program, I probably wouldn’t recommend people that I know to go there because it was so disorganized while I was there.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The accelerated program of Concorde Career College made me go with them over the others and I was in their Dental Hygiene program. Concorde's staff was there every step of the way and I've had a particularly good experience with Lisa and Andrea. They really knew their student very well. They were helpful and they made sure everybody understood. Concorde is also very into community service and into giving back to the community. They also set up things that we would do together as community service.

Being active in the classroom and the clinic were the keys to become successful at Concorde, and I took with me all the skills necessary for my job. But there are still some things that needed to be worked out. Things don’t always run perfectly and smoothly in the clinic and it was very hard to get my competencies done because I did it by myself and we didn't always have the means to do it so it got very stressful not only for the students but the teachers as well. But overall, it was a good experience and I just did everything I needed before I graduated.

Concorde Career College author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Concorde Career College focuses on the healthcare industry, offering degree completion, diploma and degree programs for nursing and other medical professions. There are 16 campuses in 8 states: California, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas.

• Short program lengths: The shortest program length is five months (Surgical Technology online degree completion program). Several programs, like the Dental Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Medical Office Professional, Primary Technician, Polysomnographic Technology and Medical Assistant programs, can be completed in as little as 8 months. The longest program length is Healthcare Administration Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science, which takes on average 24 months to complete.

• Business partnerships: Concorde Career College partners with hundreds of businesses, including hospitals, insurance companies and physicians, so their graduates can find fulfilling careers soon after they graduate. Businesses can participate in externships to give Concorde students a hands-on opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to a real-world medical or insurance environment.

• Accreditation: Concorde Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

• Nursing and medical focus: Concorde focuses only on healthcare-related fields, like nursing, dental and allied health.

• Easy online application: Applying to a program is quick, easy and free with Concorde’s online application process.

Concorde Career College Company Information