toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was at a job fair and Concorde was talking to me about the opportunities that I could take and that the course was only for eight to nine months. I could have my degree or diploma in no time. Enrolling was really easy. The only thing I had to do was get my transcripts from college and high school and that wasn't even hard. Everything was smooth running. I love going to Concorde. I took up a health care career as a Medical Assistant. I love the teachers and the whole experience. I even cried on my last day because I didn't want to leave. I have been on a couple of interviews for a potential employment. I love Concorde.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine went to Concorde Career College for Dental Assistant. I was in another college then, but it wasn’t good enough. So I decided to look into Concorde and I wanted to further my education there for Pharmacy Technician. Enrolling was quick. I got right in the program, got in my classes and it all went fast. The schedule was perfect and I had wonderful teachers. They made sure I wasn’t going to fail and that I understood everything. Overall, it's a good school. I enjoyed it and I learned a lot from it. I liked how their program was short and quick. In fact, I thought about going back for RN.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just moved to Tampa and I was trying to find a school cause I wanted to go back to school. I was looking for different places and then Concorde came across when I was looking online. Then I went there and talked to one of the ladies. And she convinced me to start going to that school. I pursued Dental Assistance and the enrollment was easy. The professors were great, as well. I had two different professors and they were both there to help me out all the time. Also, going back to college, I was more of a hands-on person and Concorde was the perfect place to go to for that. My experience with them was really helpful and they were able to place me in a job. And I've been at my job for a year now. I recommended a friend to go to Concorde Career College.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I spoke with Concorde's clinical director. I had questions and she seemed very professional, knowledgeable and has a long experience in the Physical Therapy field. She actually inspires me. I spent two years studying very hard and had a lot of homework, activities and convincing lectures. They gave the best professors I could get. They were ready to answer my questions and were interesting with very updated information. I got all the information I need to to be able to pass the board exam and be successful at work. I just graduated from there and now I'm working. I learned as a student, one must have dedication and responsibility in order to succeed. It was a wonderful learning experience for me. I would say to all the students that this is the best place to get a degree because they have very knowledgeable and professional instructors and the program is complete. They have everything that we need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get into a different field and chose to study at Concorde because it’s conveniently close to my house. Also, enrollment was easy and the instructors were good. I’m currently in surgical tech.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was really into dental and so my mom was searching around online and referred me to Concorde. When I was touring the other places, I liked the facility at Concorde a lot better. I'm doing dental hygiene and enrolling with them was easy. We always had someone to talk to along the process. Also, the professors really love teaching especially this one professor who is watching over our shoulder and is really hands on. That's a really good style of learning especially we're doing a job in health care. It's been a very fun experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I graduated Concorde as a medical assistant. My years at Concorde are happy years in my life. Everything was so easy. My teachers were all perfect. I got a lot of experience and learned a lot. Those are very helpful in my job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a Physical Therapy Assistant Program and Concorde was one of three schools in Jacksonville that provided it. I went to all three schools honestly and talked to them a little while. One school was a little bit more expensive and wasn't going to take my transfer credits. One school, I got waitlisted and I didn't want to have to wait until someone else either dropped the program or until the next year of enrollment.

Concorde accepted all my transfer credits, taking some money off of the top for the credits I've already had. And they're willing to take me that year or that semester they were enrolling. The enrollment was pretty easy. Financially, it took a little while, but that kinda takes a while with every college. Plus, all the professors were great when I was there. I liked them all and I learned a lot. And Concorde helped set up clinical rotations that I learned a lot more from. School's gonna only get you so far, and it's the real world experience that's gonna really help you out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in nursing for only a couple of years and was watching channel CW9 which aired a Concorde Career commercial that I looked into. I found that they had laboratories tied into their Medical Assistant program, so I went and tried it. It was really easy and fun being in there once I got accustomed to being in a classroom full of women. I was bullied at first, so I went to the Medical Assistant program administrator, but she made it worse. I felt that she was a little unprofessional and I told her that. I was bullied the whole way through. I got called all types of things almost every day and endured a lot going to Concorde with teachers. The administrator would never let me go to the dean about it.

One day, I got tired and cut up inside of Concorde. Once somebody is done getting picked on for so long, who won’t blow up? I blew up, but I made up my mind that they aint gonna stop me. I aint gonna let them break me. There needs to be a little bit more professionalism in the Memphis campus. There shouldn’t be no reason why adults should even be bullied. After that, I kept on getting good grades. I graduated with almost a 4.0 and have been moving on ever since. Even with my experience, I am thinking about going back to Concorde for another program, for a lab technician.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first started going to Concorde, I wanted to go for Hygiene. But then they said that I either had to have five years experience in the dental field or have my RDA. They recommended that I get my RDA first, which is what I did. The RDA experience was good. Once I graduated from that, I wanted to go right into Hygiene. Then when I called them, they just never contacted me. When I called to see if I can I enroll now, they said that I already missed it. No one ever called me and let me know about the enrollment date. Not being able to enroll at that time set me back for almost a year. It was disappointing because my goal was to go into Hygiene and get it done fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Concorde because I don’t have to jump through as many hoops to get into my career path as a medical assistant. Enrolling there was simple. I went there and enrolled that day - it was very fast and easy. Then, I started classes about a month later. Willingness to cooperate with everything that they want you to do is good if you want to be successful but it’s lacking in a lot of students while I was going there. That’s how it goes, you can’t make anybody do anything. But I enjoyed my experience at Concorde. It was a good place and the classes were well done and my education has benefitted me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking to do my education a little faster if I could. Concorde had an accelerated program and a four-year degree and was the quickest to respond to me in terms of getting things done. However, enrolling at Concorde was one of the most frustrating parts because they couldn't tell me if I was accepted into the program. I was gonna drive a three-day trip from New England area and they kept telling me, "It looks good but we can't tell you until a week before." Other than that, the way our professors taught us was good. I graduated already and now, I'm a physical therapist assistant. I found a job on my own but they sent me job opportunities that they found periodically. In general, it was a good program and I learned a lot from it. One just have to put the time in to study and also study with the people in the class in order to succeed as a student in Concorde.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had shopped around all the other career colleges and Concorde Career College was the most friendly and inviting, and gave the best atmosphere feel. I pursued a career as a Medical Assistant at Concorde and I've already graduated. I'm already out in the field, and the job that I have now is actually what had been my extern practice.

When I was enrolling at Concorde, they were very family-oriented and friendly. I walked in the door, and everybody was smiling and saying, "Hi." The Admissions rep that I dealt with explained about financial aid and other matters very easily, and used easy terms for me to understand. I'm not very good at all with the financial type of stuff, but they took care of everything.

The main key in being a successful student at Concorde are the instructors that they have. They didn't treat me like a child. They said, "We're all adults here. We're all gonna get along and be on the same level. I'm teaching you, but we're not gonna make this high school again." Both instructors that I had were very adaptive to everybody's different learning styles.

In the field that I'm now in, I do pretty much all of the things that I've learned at Concorde, such as doing blood draws all day, day in and day out, UA collections, vital signs, filing, and checking people in. I miss going to Concorde. I wish I was still going there, even though I'm already done with school. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Concorde is probably one of the best schools I've ever been to. I'd give them a very high rating.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking online for schools to get into and I heard from a few different people how good Concorde Career College was, so I went and tried it out. I felt good about it and immediately signed up the day that I did the walk-around tour. The application process was pretty quick and my adviser was really great. He guided me toward medical assisting. I originally wanted to do nursing, but I didn't have any medical background. The teachers were helpful and I still talk to them 'til this day. Plus, their job placement program is great. I'm working for a really, really good company, so I'm very happy. It worked out well for me. I had a great experience with the school that I went to. It’s amazing and the price is worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Concorde Career College tricked me. They said dental assistants start out at $14 an hour usually. I was like, "Well, that sounds like a sweep for eight months school and we'll have our money." So $16,000 later and about $14,000 more of debt, I graduated with a useless certificate. If it's that much money for that few months of school, I should at least have some applicable skills for when I actually get to the job I'm being trained to do. And you still have to pay and take a test because in the state of Texas you have to be registered. You have to do an externship and I just happened to get hired. I got placed in a dental office making $9 an hour yet I made more unloading trailers at FedEx. But they're a shady place and didn't want to pay me for the work I was doing. So I quit after about a year.

I'm not pleased with Concorde. The training I received at school was definitely not worth $16,000. I had no idea how to assist a dentist and had to learn on the job instead of being trained at the school. The instructors were dental assistants themselves so they trained us based on their experiences but that did not translate well. The whole thing was stupid and I don't recommend it to anybody ever.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was already working in the medical field and seeing the jobs that the other Medical Assistants are going, I was interested in furthering my education. Concorde Career College's prices were better than some of the other places and the outcome is the same. I called the Head, I came in and met with somebody. They were very nice and helpful. The only thing is that there were some things they said that weren't quite correct when I started my classes. I asked them how much homework would be required and they said it's minimal and that I can always do it on the weekend but that wasn't the case. When I started my classes, there were required homework on a daily basis so I had to adjust my schedule accordingly. But the interview process was good. I was able to meet with the financial adviser right away and they had me do a little test. The application went well and the financial adviser was really knowledgeable and helpful.

Using my time wisely even when I'm in school was what helped me get it done. They have the break time or arriving a half hour early to deal with some of the homework or staying a little bit later to get it done or whatever you need to do. Doing it while you're there in class and working with other students while the teacher's available is a really big help to get you through it and that's probably the biggest thing. But from a professional standpoint, there were some incidents and things that happened that I wouldn't say were the most professional like some discussions in the classroom. But that's not to say that as a student, it wasn't fun or that it bothered me at all but as the administrator, that wouldn't be something that I would encourage. But I enjoyed all my classes and my classmates as well.

Since I was working at a pediatric office, pediatrics is something that I wanted to do so that's what I'm doing and I like it. I did my externship which was great. Where I work, they had it set up that I was going to be able to advance to a medical assistant once I finished my education in that area so I already have the job set up and although they offered, I didn't really need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Concorde Career College looked like it was a reputable company when I wanted to make a career life change and be a medical assistant, so I enrolled there. But their enrollment process was long and there’s a lot of difficulties. The tuition is three times higher than a regular community college. The level of my education with the price of tuition was subpar. It also promised I would get a job but it was hard to find one right out of school. The whole Concorde itself is a letdown. A lot of people felt the same way as me too so I would not go there again. The professors were okay but they’re always under stress and it’s constant chaos. A lot of our instructors were pulled away, multitasking, doing other things. They try to help us in real life situations but as far as the curriculum, what we've learned is not that much considering how much we paid out and the time that I've spent there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had graduated from the University of Northern Colorado, but it was super expensive. So when I decided to do a trade school, I searched Google and found Concorde. Since it was closer, I decided to enroll there. Enrolling was easy and they held my hand through it. I was nervous about doing it at first because I wanted to make sure that's what I really wanted to do but they pushed me into it and made me do it. They said, "Why would you come in here in the first place if you didn't think you wanted to do it?" So it was nice to have somebody make me almost do it so that it gets done. So about a year and half ago, I graduated from their dental assistant program. Now, I have one of my best friends, who has a baby, going there because that's the closest and I recommended she go there. I tell people that Concorde is nice and easy and it's a good amount of work. It's not overwhelming. It was a really good bonding experience, it was the right amount of time and perfect pace.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Roxana,

So glad we were able to connect and chat more about how we can help! We're looking forward to seeing you when you come in to visit our graduate employment team this week!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Enrollment with Concorde was quick and easy. Nothing too complicated. The professors were knowledgeable and experienced, which is a good thing. They explained lessons in a way that was easy to understand. Like it's not rocket science, it's also common sense. I did my externship and graduated but then I've tried contacting Concorde different times regarding speaking to one of the counselors regarding finding me employment, as well as taking a refresher course because I haven't done anything with medical assisting since I graduated. It's an exciting experience. But if you want to do it, make sure it's something you want to do. Just put your nose to a book and study as much as you can all through it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was originally gonna go to dental hygiene school. I met with Concorde and they seemed like they knew what they were doing, and so I went with them. I did the dental assistant program. I enrolled in July of 2015 and Brad who was the person I was working with was really good. The enrollment was pretty easy. I was done within a couple of days so it wasn’t very complicated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Concorde Career College's program had a good price, was effective, and was the best option for me. It was the shortest program, and the cost was the same as three years at a community college, so it was the most reasonable compared to Charter. That's an extra $10,000 in community college, which takes three years, and so I could have had all that lost wages. Also, I feel the content was pretty comprehensive.

However, a lot of the crew planning job placement stuff afterwards was haphazard and disorganized. The part of the process looks crappy. They need two externship coordinators instead of one. Also, the crew placement people and the staff were resistant against being supportive of someone who is self-motivated. I went and got my own externship and I got my own job. What I found after the fact was that most of the schools up in my area, as far as the helping students find externships and getting them out to externships and then job placement, were all about the same. There's not many that are better.

I was a 4.0 student and I had perfect attendance and I got nominated for their Lamplighter program, which is the student ambassador program, and went through the whole process. I showed up to school on time every day. However, I didn't do and turn in any of the homework because it was only 5 percent of my overall grade. The homework wasn't even what we were tested on, so we did the homework but it wasn't in the test. I was driving an hour-and-a-half to three hours depending on weather, each way, so I had six hours a day of just driving, which made me not bother with homework that wasn't pertinent.

And then for them to tell me that I wasn't what they were looking for, so thank you but no thank you. That part was like, "Really? Then why did you even bother having me come to the interview? It's like you did know who I am before." It's not like it's a big school. We only had 10 in our class - a medical assistant program. I'm finding I'm going back for my RN but not to Concorde. I'll go to the community college and I'll go to UW of Tacoma for my bachelors. This is getting me out of nursing homes because I have my CNA, my nursing assistant, out of nursing homes and into ambulatory clinics. Despite that, I would recommend them to a friend. They're the best program in a 100-mile radius as far as time and cost and what people get.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to look for something that was more than what I was doing and be able to go to school and work at the same time. My cousin told me he was going to Concorde and asked if I wanted to go with him, and I said "sure". Enrolling at Concorde for a career in medical assistance was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son and daughter had been to Concorde Career College. They explained everything well and walked me through the process of signing up, and it has been easy. The professors were nice, too. I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going to American Career College but I decided to go to Concorde instead because I like their campus way better. I was pursuing a medical assistant career and I like Concorde's program. Enrolling with them was simple too. They gave me a tour and told me about the place and the different programs they had. The professors were great and explained everything as well. They were very hands on and they helped me whenever I needed help. They didn't leave me not knowing what I was doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Concorde Career College from a friend and when I enrolled, it was not difficult because I got help from the teachers. The professors and the classes were great and I was able to take away a lot from those. And I did work after school.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew and heard directly from someone who was attending Concorde Career College that the respiratory therapy course is accelerated. I enrolled and everything happened pretty quickly. It was an easy process and I had a good experience. One thing I was disappointed about was the way that we were sold our books. At the community college, they tell you what books you need and then you decide if you’re going to buy them at the college store or on Amazon. In Concorde, we were given our uniforms, books and some other supplies and then given an invoice and told us that this is how much they were going to cost.

In the second semester, when I compared the list that I received for the prices they were charging us, I found a savings of over $200 if I purchased my books on Amazon. Plus, at least 50% of the books that we received was not used for the course. It was dishonest. When I asked if I could buy them on Amazon, they told me yes begrudgingly and they were irritated at the fact that I wanted to purchase them outside and that I had made other students aware of the fact that you could purchase it outside.

Other than that, I was happy with my professors. They taught me in a learning style that I could understand and they were always available for questions. Sometimes if I didn’t understand something, what it required was me asking more questions. Also, Concorde introduced me to an employer and helped me find my first job. We were a class of 30. Very few people got a license registered and went on to get a job. It’s a small percentage of us that are working in the field now. But I found that the people who were proactive in studying, did all the reading and went to study groups did well in the course.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Concorde Career College was the first one that I could get a meeting with. I was able to get a job right out of school and I am working now. And when I went back from my maternity leave, they helped me get back to being employed. For the most part, the professors are okay but some of them are childish. When they talk to the students sometimes, they were almost trying to be your friend. You can’t be somebody’s friend when you’re their teacher. I didn't like the way they came at me because of the way I am. I’d like them to talk to me as an adult because I am not a child, I go to their school and I’m paying them money. But I did like Concorde and I've had a great experience with them.

Concorde is a great institute and they teach everything they need to. Although sometimes, they could go a little slower. You can't miss any day because then you will not get the certificate for perfect attendance which some people strive for. I had jury duty, and they should’ve excused that even if you come an hour late. But they didn’t. Even though I came two hours late because I got out of the jury duty, they still put me as an absent, which I think that was retarded because jury duty, you can't do anything about. You get in trouble if you don't go to jury duties.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking into a program that did dental assisting and Concorde was one of the schools that popped up when I did a search. When I was doing tours like visiting the campuses, that's when I decided to go to Concorde. However, there was a weird transition period during the first week that I started the program. The new teachers had to get their stuff together and how they wanted to teach everything. But when everything's settled down and everyone got their footing, it was a lot better.

I had a couple instructors and they all did a pretty good job of preparing me. I like most of them though there was one teacher that I didn't really like. The way that she taught didn't really fit my learning style but for the most part, everyone was really helpful and made me learn what I needed to learn to be successful. I feel like I was prepared and then I learned a whole lot more just like on the job training for my office specifically. It was a really good foundation for everything that I built up. I have a job right now in dental assisting and I found it by myself. They tried to help me find a job but the places that I got referred to are either places that I had already looked into or I knew that they weren't hiring.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister went to Concorde Career College and went through the Medical Assistant program and liked it. I went there to try it too because there's more hands-on experience and it was a short program. The Concorde staff helped me out with the enrollment and it was fast. The professors were very professional and were available if I needed more hands-on or one-on-one. Overall, the whole program helped me on a personal level and the whole experience made me a successful student. I recommend Concorde to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking at several schools to enroll at and when my sister referred me to Concorde, I went there to pursue a career as a medical assistant. Enrolling was really easy. They helped me with whatever I needed, paperwork-wise. I have always been really hard on myself when it comes to my grades and am also really competitive so I always made sure I got better grades than everybody in my class. They have such good teachers. One of them trained me with drugs and injections, and that helped me a lot. But the job placement program didn't. I wasn't happy with the job placement people like at the externship. But I found a job on my own. I then recommended Concorde to my sister-in-law and she's going to school there now but their assignments are online. If I knew it was gonna be online, I would have taken classes online instead of enrolling in the school.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I learned a lot through Concorde Career College. I'm pursuing a career as a Medical assistant and it was easy to enroll. When I went, I thought that I'll be starting the next cycle so I went to see how the process was and knew that I was signing up. Concorde was professional and it was fun to learn and I enjoyed myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a dental assisting program online and there are only a few other schools that have it. With Concorde, I didn’t have to wait to get into the program. You have to enroll in the fall, so it’s more of timing. The open enrollment was quick and easy. I’m sure they wanted to get me in there. I wish that I would have pulled away with more certifications than I did but there's been functions they don’t help you with. They assist you with the process of getting certified, but it’s not like you do the program, you’re certified. My current employer helped me get certified with sealants and softening lines. I got hired on my internship and currently working in my field. So that was nice.

Hi Christina,

Don't ever let current circumstances determine your future! You've shown that you have drive, dedication, and determination by choosing a program and graduating.

Remember, our commitment to you doesn't end the day you graduate. We're partners for life!

We'd love to hear back from you regarding the voicemail our graduate employment team left on May 1 about some of the assistance we can provide!

Original review: April 13, 2017

I went to Concorde because I was interested in being a sonographer. They didn't offer sonogram and they had radiology but that program’s too long. I basically let them talk me into Dental Assisting. The instructors in Concorde were really good especially Ms. **. She was the best. I learned a lot when I was in there, but I didn’t learn anything at all during my externship. I didn't tell them to place me somewhere else. They even asked me, kind of checked on me. They just used me to do their dirty work. I also didn’t learn as much on hands-on in the externship, though we learned a little bit of it in school during the last three terms. However, it's not the same as being out there in the dental field when you do it.

I was raising my two kids alone and it’s what pushed me to keep on going. I literally dropped out in my third term and all of my classmates said, "You need to come back.” And so, I just pushed myself. I graduated March of last year, but I'm not doing Dental Assisting now. I wasted that money and now I owe all that money. I know I need to do Dental Assisting someday and try.

Concorde Career College Company Profile