4.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 244 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in eight states that has been training medical professionals in many of our local communities for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of degree and diploma programs.

From becoming a dental assistant to earning a degree in respiratory therapy, students complete some programs in as few as nine months and benefit from a hands-on, real-world learning environment that combines theoretical learning and practical application.

Concorde Career College Video
Concorde Career College Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

351 Concorde Career College Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

A friend mentioned Concorde Career College, and I thought it was a pretty cool college to get started on my medical career. I wanted more experience in different fields and a better pay as well. I like Concorde’s real-time training experience and learning what you’re going to be doing out in the field instead of just books. The Concorde team helped me out and a staff member was particularly meaningful in my journey. She was enthusiastic and had a lot of energy. She was fun to be around and she made learning easy. Helping out others and learning together are the keys to success at Concorde. Just get your foot in the door, get your feet wet and see if you like the medical field enough. My experience at Concorde was pretty good, but they need to be clearer on updates about getting into those classes that you need.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I wanted something different and be in the medical field because I did massage therapy before, and I did that for a while. It felt like I wanted to do something more or less in a doctor’s office or in a hospital. I like Concorde’s length of time and class and the price wasn’t too bad. I had a program in mind, and the Concorde team thought I should take something else before taking that class that I wanted to take. So, I took that first and I was going to take the other class. A lot of the staff members were meaningful on my journey and a few really stuck out and helped me a little to really get me going. To be a successful student here, one must stay in focus, keep up on the work and make sure to ask for help when needed. I would recommend Concorde Career College. I enjoyed it, I learned a lot, and I don’t regret going.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I'm not too happy with Concorde and some of their ways. When I first went there, it was awesome but that changed as I went on the process. It wasn't the books or the lessons, but some of the people that were there. There was one meaningful instructor, but the rest didn't care about us and were all about themselves. But there was one instructor was the best at everything though. She helped and made us achieve every day. Even if we didn’t get it right off, she was still willing to help us. I tried to strive for my goals. I wanted a degree and I didn’t want to leave without one. I was going every day, trying to achieve it every day, and striving regardless of what the obstacles might be. It meant a lot to me. I wanted to go back for surgical tech. The lessons being taught were excellent, plus, they give you the knowledge and skills that enable you to move on and evolve.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I enjoyed the fact that Concorde Career College would help me with my payment plan. I knew what area I wanted to study and my admissions counselor Rusty was really great. He helped me decide what I wanted to do, how I was going to do it, and when was the best time to do it. To be a successful student, you have to pay attention in class. However, I wish that they would be more selective in their student body. A lot of their students were not determined. At some point, the students I met going to school were all miserable so being more selective in who we accepted into our student body would be great.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I lived up North and worked as an administrator for many years but coming down here, I couldn't make even half of what I've made working up North. So, I looked around for a school to attend to and Concorde Career has an accelerated program. I went in knowing what I wanted to do. Concorde has a set program and the courses were laid out. Once I got started with the program, I found out that the teachers cared about the students, the work and the delivery of the instructions to the students. They also kept to their promise that once we’re done with the program, we leave not just being someone who studied the academic and how to do something, but we left everything with experience.

I had two instructors for my first and last set of mods and they were both very good. But the instructors can only do so much. The success of the students depends upon how much effort and hard work they put behind their studies. Concorde is a good school to attend to and I would recommend it to someone who’s looking for studies to be a medical assistant because the crediting company that Concorde uses is recognized throughout the medical industry.

It would be great if Concorde improves the scholarship programs since I didn't find it viable at all because of my financial situation. I would've appreciated being able to receive some support in paying my tuition rather than being stuck with the $20,000 school loan to pay back. I applied and was not able to obtain any help in that. They asked me to write an essay about myself and about why I would qualify for the scholarship but it wasn’t clear to me what they need to know about. It could be that they needed to know my financial history or just my ambitions for the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My kids made me decide to look into furthering my education and I went to Concorde. Everybody there seemed friendly and helpful, and they work with us. They have really good programs and I took a medical assistance class which I finished in February. My teacher made sure that I understand what she was teaching us. The motivation Concorde gave me made me a successful student. I had a fine experience with them and they helped me learn new stuff in the medical field. I also made new friends.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I always wanted to be a nurse so I researched so many different schools and none of them worked with my schedule or was available for me, except Concorde. I went through the LPN program and now I'm doing the RN. I studied a lot and even highlighted the book at the LPN program. I've learned so much and I'm thankful for the LPN program because if it wasn't for the knowledge that I got during that course, then I don't know how it would be for me right now. I’ve only gotten to school a few days a week for the RN program and the lectures aren't long so I don't feel like I'm learning as much as I should be.

Still, I really love one of the staff there but she has already retired a few months ago. She was really great. I also like my fundamental teacher who just started working there and I was her first fundamental class. I recommend Concorde to people all the time that I'm like a Concorde spokesperson. It's the cost that gives a some of the people ending up going to FSCJ because it’s cheaper but Concorde was there for me with the open door. Among all the other doors I knocked on, Concorde opened and everything has been pretty good and smooth sailing.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was looking at a program of studies. Concord had the program that was starting when I needed it. A staff member has helped me a lot and explained things well to me. As long as you are willing to put the time to pay attention and do the work, it would be a good school. Also, focus on studying has made me a successful student.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Concord Career College was good to their students. They made sure that we learned everything that we needed to know so I enjoyed the school. I would recommend others to go to Concord.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your feedback! We're pleased you had a wonderful experience.

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to serve you!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Concorde Career College had a dental assistant program that I wanted to do and I like the whole campus. It looks nice and you get a hands-on experience. There were about 20 people in my classes. I like their staffs and instructors' level of professionalism and knowledge about their job. I'd tell my friends that Concorde is an amazing school to go to. You just need to stay focused to succeed. I learned a lot, and I met a lot of friends. I also helped out on campus a lot since I was a part of the Lamplighter program. I had a very good experience.

Hi Javares,

Thanks so much for sharing about your time at Concorde. We especially appreciate your commitment to serve as a Lamplighter (student ambassador) when you were going through the Dental Assisting program.

It really is a team effort! If you're ever in the area, come by and see us!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My husband’s cousin had a good experience with Concorde Career College. She explained to me how everything went and told me that all the teachers were good. So, I told her that I wanted to try it also since my holiday was extended that I could stay a little longer. When I got there, Mark, the person I saw at first, helped me through it. He explained to me how everything goes in school, his experience and what will benefit me from it. He spoke to me about everything that somebody wanted to have a push to make sure that I come back to school and that they’re going to help me so long as I'm alive and I should carry on everything. He did a good job and was really inspiring even though I had something in mind. He was someone meaningful on my journey.

To be successful is to do the work and come to school every day studying. The two teachers that I had were the best two teachers. One of them was good with everybody and I loved her. Also, I’d like to take off my hat for my other teacher. All I had was a good experience at school that I would refer somebody to go. All the people there helped me complete it which was good and useful for me and after I finished, they helped me find a job. Right now, I’m working because of Concorde.

Hi Jeannette,

So pleased to hear how influential Mark was in helping you choose the next chapter of your life! We'll be sure to share with him.

You hit the nail on the head -- determination and being engaged in each class session are so to be successful at Concorde.

We're so happy to hear that you are working in a field that you love! When you're ready to make your next vertical move, let us know. We'd love to support you all the way through.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Concorde Career College has the program that I wanted. I only had one instructor, and she taught me everything I know. I’ve already graduated, and I'd recommend Concorde.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I went back to Concorde to finish my education but it wasn't as organized or professional as the last time that I went there in 2006. I took up Dental and they gave me what I needed to basically just get set up. I'm not a really big picky person so I went with the flow but there were a lot of ways that they mishandled things. There was a lot of miscommunication with the upper staff and the teacher was not able to do the things that she's supposed to. We had students who didn't show up so it interfered with our workload and caused a lot of issue within classes. Some of the other classmates of mine were having some issues as well. But I had a friend who went to another location in Texas and had a good experience.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for sharing out your time with us. We never like to hear that our students feel like their program was disorganized.

We've made some substantial changes recently that we are confident addresses several of these concerns.

We know how important consistency is to the learning environment and strive to provide that for our students and staff. It's one of the reasons that we do student satisfaction surveys throughout the year and follow up with our alumni on a regular basis.

Thanks again, Amy!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have a cousin that went to Concorde Career College in Dallas and she studied in the dental assistant program. I was interested in the dental field so I wanted to try to be a dental assistant first then keep going to be a dentist. The teachers were always there for me, answered all of the questions that I had and they made me feel special. I also liked the way that they taught the program. I learned a lot of specific stuff there that I actually do at work. Concorde helped me out to be a successful dental assistant. Without the help of the teachers, I wouldn’t be able to learn.

Hi Linnete,

We are always so pleased when we hear an alum was referred by a friend or family member! The dental field has so many opportunities.

We hope that you continue to pursue your dream of becoming a dentist! If you ever need anything along the way, please let us know! We're rooting for you!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I was looking for something fast and I found Concorde online. When they showed me around, I saw how the classes were and I like the hands-on training that they have there. I was between two choices of what to study and they assisted me, and I took the Medical Assistance program. My Anatomy instructor was very helpful and really knew most of the facts about what was she was teaching. My experience with Concorde was fun, and studying hard and paying attention the whole time helps to be successful. I like meeting new friends and they were all very nice, including the teachers.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I got laid off from a factory and they paid me to go to school. They introduced me to Concorde Career College. I didn't really like factory work, so I've always wanted to further my education. I've learned a lot in Concorde and I had a very good experience with them. The main teachers as well as both of the directors of the pharmacy tech program were particularly special. The teachers really cared whether their students pass or fail.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I paused school before I moved down and then I wanted to continue education and get started in a career. Concorde helped me along the way because I wasn't too sure which area in the medical field I wanted to go for. Both of my teachers there made sure that we were learning and that we were doing the proper way in the hands-on portion. They corrected us then and there to make sure we did it the correct way versus doing it over and over the wrong way because it's hard to unlearn habit. I stayed on top of my homework and my class work. I studied a lot and made sure I was among some of the others but mostly on top of getting the good grades in the class. I learned a lot and I’m currently working in a position in the medical assistance field which I went to school for. It was a very good experience. If I will go back to school again, I'd go to Concorde.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went to ACC and I just checked them out a little bit. I was told that they didn't teach the phlebotomy part. I was supposed to check out another school but I didn't get over there. I ended up furthering my education because the job I had done for seven years actually out forced our jobs. They ended up having to pay for additional education to help us get a better job.

I was doing a Google search on a phlebotomy course and then Concorde Career College came up under that. They didn't have a straight phlebotomy course and it was a medical assistant course but they taught you blood draws. I ended up choosing Concorde because Paul, the guy that gave me the tour was really good and I like him. He showed me around all the different programs they had and he showed me every little thing. He just seemed enthusiastic about it. After being there and listening to what he was saying and taking the tour, I decided to go back to the medical assistant route.

There were a few issues about the instructors that went on because they were short on instructors. I know that was a big thing because there are people that I had met where I work at that had gone to Concorde and they had instructor issues at that time, too. But I've heard they've hired some more instructors for the M.A. program. Also, we didn't do a lot of paperwork type thing. Because as an M.A., you have paperwork as well. I'm also trying to figure out pre-ops and refill medication. I feel like some of the drugs that they had on our drug cart that we were supposed to do, were not even the drugs that are used out in the real world.

I was lucky I had Ms. Katie and Ms. Casey. They were great. Then Mr. Dennis took over. I got along with him great because he liked me and I learned from him. He wasn't a bad person but he wasn't great. I had to really study a lot more and read a lot more. During my stay at Concorde, I studied and we had tests and homework every week. I enjoyed my time there and I made some good friends. Concorde gave me the skills that I needed.

Hi Ursula,

We appreciate your feedback! We love that you found a fulfilling career as a medical assistant in the face of adversity!

Thanks for your insight about the teaching staff, too. We work hard to make sure that our programs are led by passionate, qualified faculty - and you're right, we've added many to the Concorde family since!

Remember, we provide ongoing graduate employment to our alum. Don't hesitate to reach out or come by campus to visit.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A friend told me about Concorde Career College. I was interested in furthering my education and Concorde reps helped me by telling me how it’s a good start and how easy the classes were to adapt to. I liked the tour that they gave us on the campus so I decided to enroll with them. The guidance counselor helped and guided me in my classes. Also, there was a staff member who was very helpful, always concerned and worries about us outside of class. She was an overall meaningful person. My experience with Concorde has been interesting. I would tell a friend that it’s a good and helpful school.

Hi Ebony,

Loved that you found meaningful people along the way in your Concorde journey! We really have found that a solid support system is key to succeeding in classes and life.

We're happy to be part of yours!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I really wanted to be a medical student so I went up to Concorde Career College. I felt checking it out when I saw the place. I also like their overall message as far as helping us receive our certificate. They had great teachers too and the RN program was just altogether nice. At first, I went in for a different program. I was talked into becoming a medical assistant for a different area since I wanted to do medical assistance but I also wanted to do another thing. Then I was convinced to do an LVBN at the time because my mother was an LVN. So I enrolled last November of 2015.

Of all the instructors I've had, Twanda was the best. She taught us everything we needed to know in a way that no other teacher has taught me before. She has this niceness about her. She was a unique teacher and was just loving and caring altogether. Twanda taught medical assistance. There were a lot of other students who wanted to have her for the whole semester but they didn't get to. So we were the lucky ones. And she was one of those who helped me succeed. She gives constant motivation and told us that we can do it and then, there's me who's wanting to go ahead and finish, so I have to graduate and work in the field that I really wanted to be. Overall, enrolling at Concorde was life-changing. If a friend would ask about them, I'd say go now.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I decided to look into furthering my education because what I was getting at that time was not really working out for me. I had a family member that went to Concorde Career College. I had originally gone in for the PT program, but the admissions rep didn’t explain how that was going to work. The advisor took me to the financial aid person and she was the one who explained to me what were the realistic options. My second year there was when I got more help with what we were working on. The way of teaching was making more sense. I finished the MA program. One thing that they can do, though, is to stay more consistent with how the program works. There were just too many changes with the teaching staff in the program that I was in. Even during the extern, there were a lot of changes. It was hard to know who to talk to about what so I always went straight to my instructor.

Hi Nidya,

Thanks for sharing! We understand the importance of transparency and consistency in the enrollment and learning environment.

We'll certainly communicate your concerns! As you've joined the field, let us know if there's anything you need along the way!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I wanted to go back to school. I like Concorde's programs, the teachers, the courses, the length of time that I had to take. So, I went there and studied Medical assistance. I enjoyed the experience. They’ve done good to me while I was there and they kept me motivated. To me, it was all well worth it going to school.

Hi Breann,

Thanks for taking time to share your experiences! We're so glad you were pleased.

If you ever need anything in the future, don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

When I saw Concorde Career College has an MOA program in healthcare and that they have a talk that was starting soon, I went on ahead and joined. I took advantage of the fact that I wasn't working and went back to school. Within 24 hours, I had everything done and was in the program. Concorde would be a good place to go if you're serious about being in the medical field. They make their students go through internships and everything to put them where they say they want to be. Felice, my instructor, was excellent. She was one of the best instructors I've ever had. She was very knowledgeable of the curriculum as well as the field.

When I was attending school, my daughter was hospitalized for over a month. The staff at Concorde were shocked that I was still coming to classes. I'd come in a few hours for me to test and do my presentation and all the other stuff. Then I would leave but my instructor always made sure that I have the notes so that I solve the homework. Concorde has been a very good experience for me up until the internships. I went to four in a matter of six weeks. I ended up having to do extra hours just to graduate on time. I even had to work on graduation day just to make sure I graduated on time because they weren't tracking my hours due to the change in coordinators. I ended up doing an extra 36 hours of internship that I shouldn’t have worried about.

I was excited about my graduation, but my name wasn't even on the program. That really hurts especially because I worked so hard and did what I was supposed to do. I was on the dean's list every month. I felt like they failed me with my internship. I graduated in May then and they called me in October to try and get me into the program but I was not coming to get that. But they assisted me in finding a job. However, the job that they have on the list wasn't hiring so I ended up having to find jobs on my own. The place that I did my internship at wanted to hire me but due to the fact that they were upset about how I received my internship, they didn't hire me. I've also had so many companies tell me that I don't have enough experience. Maybe if my school backed me up, I could find a job.

I also had applied to places that some other people I knew did their internship at. One place even told me that they wouldn't hire me because I was from Concorde despite the fact that I passed the exam, I passed the typing exam and the phone interview. The job that I have right now is just getting in the door and working at a hospital. It doesn’t even require a degree or certification. I'm not doing what I went to school for. The hospital even told me that I would have to work there two years before I could even be put in for a transfer to become a biller encoder.

I was pushed to the limits when it comes to Concorde helping me find a job in the field that I finished. It was terrible. They need to have a better support system. They also need to do what they say they'd do. If they can't help me find a job, then they shouldn't tell me that they're going to help me find a job because it's very frustrating. I'm supposed to start paying my student loan back next week and I'm frustrated because I'm paying back $5,000 in student loan for something that I never benefitted from.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I like the way Concorde Career College was doing everything. The admissions team helped match me with the correct program and the teachers were very helpful, hands-on and encouraging. My teachers made sure that if I needed tutoring, they were there. They would always tell me to study and made sure we understood everything. And if we were having a hard time, they would tell us not to give up and we’ll get it. I believe I could find a job in my career field because Concorde sent me to a good place so I can do my internship. But I wished they sent me to a place that was hiring because the place they sent me to wasn't. Other than that, Concorde is a good school. I’ve been in college for more than one time and it was my favorite.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was looking for Dental Hygiene program in the area. When I went to Concorde, the most appealing thing was the graduation of the program. The admission staff explained everything well. I was impressed about everything in general. I had a tour of the department and I got to meet the program director. She was very friendly. All the permanent staff of the Dental Hygiene program was awesome. They were really approachable. I'm really satisfied with the course and everything there. The instructors were really great and we had a very good patient in the clinic. So, I got hands-on experience. I've already recommended Concorde to my friends especially, to anyone who is thinking of getting a Hygiene degree. The only thing that I remind them is that it's really a commitment. The program is intense and if they're okay with that then this is the best choice.

Hi Christina,

We love that you've referred your friends to join the Concorde family! Nothing means more to us than earning your trust enough for you to refer people.

You hit on so many things that we're committed to - transparency, hands-on teaching, relatability and challenging our students to do their very best!

We're happy to have you among the ranks of our alumni. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out and let us know!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I used to drive trucks and I wanted to do something different, a career change. I had a friend who was a restorative therapist, so I went into Concorde with the idea of wanting to be a restorative therapist. When I went on a tour with their rep, her selling point of what Concorde can do and things you can accomplish drew my attention. They were really attentive to my needs being the oldest student. They understood that I was coming back after years of being out of school and changed careers at a later age. They would always stress out that you have to put the time and energy into studying. Concorde is not like the average college. You really have to put the time into it to acquire the knowledge and ideas. Also, they were really helpful. They gave me study tips to retain the knowledge. You cannot just go home, flip a book open and think it’s going to be okay.

It was a fast-paced program, but as an adult student, I felt special. I didn’t feel pressured or that it wasn’t for me. With everything that Concorde had to offer, even around holidays, there was always some activity or fundraiser to break up the monotony of class. I’m a veteran and they honored Veterans Day too. They’re a small tight-knit family and I felt part of the team. When I went back to OC, they remembered me and welcomed me back. I felt like I’ve been there for years like I’ve worked there. I enjoyed the time I was there and I have already recommended several friends who've gone already or currently attending Concorde.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I decided to further my education through Concorde. I like the convenience of it being so close to my parents’ house and me having a babysitter. They have some good teachers and some bad ones as well. Our teacher, Daryl, gave us extra time and help to make sure that we understood the class that they advanced in, including the NCLEX. I took advantage of the extra help that they offer. However, they still owe me money. I've called several times and they don’t return my phone calls. I no longer live in California and we were told that if we passed the NCLEX, they would pay for the exam but they never paid for anything and supposedly it was included. It’s been over a year and there is still no response. Other than that, I've had a fun experience with Concorde.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The college had me sign paperwork to show I had a federal loan to cover costs until my post 9/11 benefits kicked in. Once the benefits kicked in I told them to take it off of the account. They agreed since it was not to be used. I dropped out of the school and was then contacted stating that I owed $10,000 in student loans. After several months of NO response from the school via phone, letter or email I threatened to sue them. The loan company told me 2 months later it was resolved.

I just found out in November of 2017 that the school then certified with the VA that I was in school during February of 2017. Then they disenrolled me after collecting funds from the VA according to the VA. I never was in school or even in the same state since November 2016. I am now facing a debt with the VA and working with them to figure out what happened and how the school could have certified me as a student when I was in fact at a VA medical facility in South Dakota at that time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I wanted to go to medical assistance because that's the next step ahead of CNA. Concorde was the closest school and I like how fast their program is. One of the instructors there was really happy all the time and super helpful. He understood if a family problem came up and I couldn't come to school. Then if I had a project that I had to turn in and I wasn't there that day, he would give me a chance the following day even though he wasn't supposed to. When I was done with school, the counselors were really helpful in the transition and getting me to interviews and they keep up with new jobs that were coming up. Concorde has a fast-paced learning environment. It's fun, rewarding and a really good opportunity.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I’ve been in Nursing and needed a change in my career so I decided to go on the Nursing school at Concorde Career College. Their ACI program helped and the environment was nice. I also liked the DON and all of my instructors were smart. Overall, the entire experience was great.

Hi Rochelle,

Thanks so much for sharing about your time as a student in Dallas!

If you're ever around campus, don't hesitate to come by and see us. We always love visiting with alumni!

Concorde Career College Company Information