4.29/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Concorde Career College

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in eight states that has been training medical professionals in many of our local communities for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of degree and diploma programs.

From becoming a dental assistant to earning a degree in respiratory therapy, students complete some programs in as few as nine months and benefit from a hands-on, real-world learning environment that combines theoretical learning and practical application.

Concorde Career College Video
Concorde Career College Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

305 Concorde Career College Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I knew people who went to Concorde for their LVN program and everything was fine with them so I was thinking that I had a great opportunity there. They had a lot of programs dealing with the nursing field and that was what I was looking for. Their enrollment process was pretty simple and easy. But we got a lot of runarounds from their staff and the program that they were doing for our particular class wasn’t what it was supposed to be.

Concorde offered classes with schedules for those who were working for a living and trying to go to school like myself. So when I enrolled, I thought it was manageable and I could still work based on the schedule that they initially gave us. But on the first day of class, they gave us a new schedule that we did not sign up for. I tried to change my work schedule because I wanted to stay at school but a week later, they came up with a new schedule. Later on, they changed the schedule again. That was one of the major deals with us because they kept changing the schedule to the point where we had to lose a job or go to school.

Also, when I went to school there for sleep therapy, I thought I learned what I needed to learn. But after I graduated, I found out that the school was not preparing us for the registration board exam. They merely prepared us for the certification test. So everyone in the class failed the board exam and it was crazy. Then, we started getting information from other students of the class before us where two out of 30 people passed that board exam. So everyone was failing and it raised questions. Other than that, I had a good experience with the school itself and my polysomnography teacher was the best. He really cared about the students and I could tell that teaching was his passion. I also love the whole fact of being able to go to school.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I couldn't figure out what career I wanted but I was interested in teeth because I always go for my braces and get my teeth cleaned. I wanted to test out dental assisting and I really liked it. The office that I worked for a few months really encouraged me to go into hygiene. So, I had done assisting in Concorde and then I finished up my hygiene program there last year. I also have a friend who's going through the process and going into hygiene, and I've recommended the school to a lot of people. They helped me with my financial aid and I liked the curriculum, how they set everything up and how fast-paced it was. The program was hard and sometimes it was overwhelming. But being motivated was key. And if our grades weren't too good, the instructor would pull us aside, talk to us and ask what's going on. She was always telling us that she knows we could do it. They also helped with getting a job, although I had found a job before that.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had a very enjoyable learning experience at Concorde. I was very nervous in the beginning being that I haven't been to school in over 20 years but everyone from the administrative personnel to the instructors made the process very easy. I was able to complete my externship & get hired at the same office that I'm still currently employed at! Mrs. ** & Mr. ** were the absolute BEST! Ms. Tracy ** who was at the time an instructor & over the MA program was always very helpful with assisting me with having a successful externship & passing my NCCT certifications! There's not one single thing that I regret about my time at Concorde Jacksonville!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I heard about Concorde from a family friend and I decided to go there. I did my register as a medical assistant that I passed and I decided to go in for further studies into medicine and I was enrolled into RN program. Concorde is a very nice place to be and a school to go and have your degree. I’m doing well there. They have nice staff, administrators and teachers who don’t get rude to students. They treat students with kindness and they try to teach them the right way. And to see that you don’t fail, they do tutorials until you pass. All the students seem to get their degree and also pass the NCLEX.

I met a staff who was very nice but she is no longer in Concorde. The assistant DOM was great too and one of the best teachers I came across was the one who taught microbiology and lab test. Microbiology was difficult but he made it very easy for me to pass with his technique, assignment and encouragement in the lab. He let us work on our materials while he supervised us. In order to be a successful student there, you have to join more sessions so you can pass the exam and you have to study hard. We spend more time in the library and read in the quiet area there. We also have time to research. I will recommend Concorde to a friend and I am trying to get my friends to go there since some of my friends want to do the LVN program.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I wanted to further my education and I went with Concorde because with them, students get a degree in a short amount of time and get help in finding a better career. When I enrolled, I had a career in mind but I ended up going with something else after talking to one of their staff members. She took the time to cater to the students and made sure that we got the things that we needed to pass or to graduate. She became meaningful to my journey at Concorde even to this day that she’s no longer there. I hate that there weren't guaranteed jobs once we graduated but Concorde is a good school. They guided me there and I wouldn't have found a job if I didn’t have the credentials I got from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I was out of school for a semester. Then I had an issue with my old school with financial aid. I wasn't qualified and I'd be having money to pay out of pocket at the time. I didn't have anything to pay out of the pocket when I registered with Concorde. But when I read the reviews, most of them said that it was a good school even though it's a private school and it's super expensive and they also stated that they got a job and the program went well. I wanted to do something that once I'm done with school, it could give me more income than what I was making before.

I went to Concorde and they gave me a presentation on the different programs that they have. The respiratory programs sounded cool. I took the test and passed it, then I studied the program. Concorde has helped me pass my board and also have a job. They've helped me a lot in terms of job placement. We had some interview sessions and they also looked out for me and gave me a reference. To succeed in Concorde, always do your work, study hard, and listen to your teachers. We had 100% pass rate. I had a great time over there for 20 months and I will recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Concorde Career College has an accelerated program so I could get done faster than a community college. They gave us the information and we use it to the best of our knowledge so we could pass. There was an instructor who would take her extra time not being paid to help us. She would stay after class and meet us somewhere or in the library if we needed her. She really went out of her way to make sure all of us fitted. There were also a few staff at the business office that helped us figure out payments.

But Concorde Career College quit doing the RN program. I made it through the LPN but if they have the RN I would go back and do my RN through them. I also didn’t like that Concorde always switched teachers. They constantly went through staffing so we never the teacher we were going to have. It’s a little chaotic. And with the clinicals they’re like, “Oh, you’re going here.” And then we would show up there and no teacher would be there. There are things that I didn’t like about Concorde but I was overall satisfied with the program. It's a little too expensive but it’s worth it. Concorde for me was life changing.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Concorde Career College had a surgical tech program. I've seen the bad reviews and the good reviews but I still decided to go. Their fast pace class appealed to me. It was a one year class. It was a relief because everyone offers a two-year program and even though Concorde offers that now it was just one year when I went there. I just went to school every day, paid attention, did my work and passed the exams to be successful as a student there.

One of my instructors Mr. Molina taught the class in detail. He also knew how to draw things out so it was also a visual thing which really helped especially students who are visual learners. But when Mr. Molina left a new teacher came in and it was totally different. Also it was a horrible experience with the program director. Plus Concorde is really expensive so I would not refer to a friend. Also it depends on which field they want to go into there. I would not refer them if it was for the surgical tech program but maybe for the nursing program.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My mother-in-law told me about Concorde Career College. This college was more convenient for me considering the time that it was going to take me to finish the course. I took vocational nursing. All the instructors were great in teaching and making me learn the concept of everything. To become successful there, I did not slack off and I gave my 100% studying every single day. Because it’s such a fast-paced program, if you miss one day of studying it feels like you could miss a whole two or three chapters. I would definitely recommend Concorde Career College. I have a friend who just started with Concorde because I told her about it. She’s also doing vocational nursing. I’d give her the same tips, as well, such as don’t forget to study, always keep your mind on it, and not to slack off.

Hi Melanie,

Thanks so much for referring a friend to join us! That's the best compliment an alumna could ever give us!

You're right about the dedication and commitment that an accelerated program takes to be successful. We're so proud of you for giving it your all!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I searched online and found out about Concorde Career College. I already knew what program I wanted to do and the admissions team helped me match up with the right one. Everybody was friendly and knowledgeable and made the process really easy. My instructors took a vested interest in us, the students. I just disliked how the finance person would stand right outside the door during class and wait for people to come out to ask them about their payment. Despite this, I would still recommend Concorde to my friends.

Hi Kevin,

Love that you would recommend Concorde to a friend and that you felt instructors took a vested interest in students - they really do think the world you all!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the financial aid office. We'll follow up with their team leader. We never want students to feel affronted while on campus!

Thanks again for sharing with us! Stay in touch!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

The way through Portland Community College would take too long so I checked Concorde Career College out. And when I went there, they told me that I'd get all my certificates and that I'd get a job right away. They showed me the statistics on how many students get jobs right away after. The admissions team walked my mom and me through the process and it went very seamlessly and easily. The instructors' teaching style helped me succeed. Everything was very easy to me and there weren't any barriers like other students had. I would tell my friends to take a look at what Concorde has to offer but to also check their other resources.

Hi Elianna,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

We're dedicated to ongoing career service support and networking with our alumni. Stay in touch!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My associates in brands tell me that I should check Concorde out so I did some research on my own. They had a program that I was interested in. Also, the other school is three hours away and Concorde was the closest to me. So, I decided to go there. The admissions team was really wonderful. They were calm with me and also laid out all their plans, including a plan B in case I didn’t get into their program. Everything went smoothly. I did good and I passed my admission test. I was admitted into the program that I wanted to get in at first.

My instructors were pretty nice. They were dedicated to teaching us and making sure that we stayed on track. They made sure that we understood what we were doing. So, when we do pass our board exams and get a job then we would know what we would be doing in our curriculum. I'm still looking for a job just because I haven't taken my board exam yet, but I know when I do, a lot of places will be willing to hire me. Their graduation outcome and the employment rates are good. Overall, I had a good experience. Concorde was the good thing for me to do.

Hi Millenia,

Love to hear that your Concorde experience was great starting with the admissions team all the way through graduation!

Stay in touch with our graduate employment team. They're a great resource in networking with the local employer community. Also, let us know when you pass your boards, so we can celebrate together!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was looking to be a medical assistant so I went online and looked. The other school was having problems, then I checked out Concord and I really liked it. They were really helpful. Scott, the guy I talked to was honest and tried to help me as much as possible. I am dyslexic so I went to talk to my teachers, and they helped me pass my test. They went to get me help and they were willing to work it out so I could take the test and just teach me to answer the questions I really need to know. At Concord, if you need help, go and talk to the teachers and people there.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I first heard of Concorde Career College from one of my advisers at my other school. I went with them because Physical Therapy schools and going PTA are expensive. Also, I felt that their program was accelerated. I like the people and all of my instructors were great. I would tell a friend that I like their PTA programs and that in order to be successful, they have to take the classes periods and study.

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your feedback! Our programs are definitely accelerated compared to traditional four-year colleges. We're focused on imparting the skills students need to start their career in months not year!

We certainly hope that during your time with us that you felt like the tutors, library assistance and student affairs teams were approachable and helpful!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I asked around about Concorde and other schools and a lot of people told me about Concorde, so I went to them. Their staff was great and I really loved the whole experience. I would definitely tell a friend to choose Concorde.

Hi Dyanne,

There's nothing more powerful than a personal referral! Thank you for trusting those close to you enough to make the investment and allowing us to partner with you in becoming a health care professional!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I went to see Concorde Career College one day while my rep encouraged me and talked to me more about the school. It got me more interested especially when he took me on a tour so I signed up. It was a good experience that I felt so interested in it and I loved being there. The people there were very helpful and everything there was really good. Concorde is the best school you can actually go to. They help you a lot and they help you with looking for a job as well. I had a couple of friends that I had recommended to Concorde as well.

Hi Kassandra,

We love that you were inspired when you were on the tour! Walking through the halls, seeing the equipment in the labs and active students in scrubs for the first time is such an exciting experience!

Our commitment to ongoing career service support doesn't stop when you graduate! So, stay in touch and let us know how we can help when you're ready for your next move.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I am Jose a graduate of the LVN program at Concorde North Hollywood. My experience through the program has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experience in life thus far. It not only challenged me in my education but life as well. The lessons and people from staff to classmates will never be forgotten. Upon speaking with my admissions counselor Maria ** I obtained a good impression of Concorde, all information given was clear and pros and cons were discussed with me to ensure I was certain of my decision. My admissions counselor from beginning of the program to the end frequently ensured I was doing well not only in school but my personal life. I obtained a great education from the staff. They made time to ensure we understood the subjects & always made time for any tutoring we may need.

I remember many times walking down the hallway asking any of my instructors to clarify subjects. Never were they too busy to assist. I appreciate all staff but most of all Ms. ** & Ms. **. They provided the most challenging learning environment which made taking boards an easy task. The Director of nursing Ms. ** always kept track of our performance and her office was always open for us for any concerns or advice we may have had or need. Mr. ** always gave us motivational speeches and strategies for success which were much needed through the course. He also assisted with job placement and frequently followed up with us to ensure we found employment and provided information on many sites hiring. Once employed he followed up to know if we were doing well at the place of hire and offered advice as well as other sites if we were not content.

I am truly grateful for everyone at Concorde. I know I couldn't have made a better choice. I would recommend Concorde to anyone considering to further their education in the medical field. The only way someone will not succeed is if they do not take it seriously because every effort is made to ensure our success. I am now a Licensed Nurse and very pleased with my career. Thank you Concorde.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I was looking to be a dental hygienist and the length of the program at Concorde appealed to me. It was 18 months as opposed to two years. The dental hygiene program has an excellent staff. The program director was wonderful and very helpful. So is Miss Whitney, she and I actually work together now and she was great. Moreover, Miss Morgan helped me get jobs after the program. I was the vice president of the Memphis Dental Hygienists' Association and she helped me to do that. Unfortunately, she's not with Concorde anymore but there's a lot of really good teachers there.

I was a Lamplighter at Concorde. It's like the student ambassadors for Concorde which I love being part of. It's an excellent program. It helped me at work and it's also for the students who wanted to do more and be more involved in school. It gives them an outlet to do that. However, I was frustrated at the price and I had a financial aid person who was not helpful at all. She was the opposite but I went to the president of the financial aid and she was wonderful. She actually helped me so I could finish the program. Without her, I wouldn't have been able to finish. Overall, I had a great experience with Concorde and I learned a lot.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I was a student at Concorde Career College and I enjoyed my classes. I learned a lot and I definitely am thankful for the experience that I had there. The school worked better for me because at that time, I was the oldest in my class and didn't have the luxury of going back to college. I also had to work full time. I have several friends from the Surgical Tech field who motivated me to go back to school. I also had a medical background. So when I went to Concorde, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I got into the Surgical Tech program and I always knew that it was the right fit for me. My first instructor was helpful and understood my plate. She motivated me and told me that I could do this. I was very appreciative of her. However, it’s very pricey to go to Concorde. I'm still paying for it. Also, I had to get my scrubs from them and they just overpriced everything. It would be better if they let me buy my own.

Hi Senaida,

We're glad that you found the flexibility of our scheduling to work for your needs! In regard to your concerns about pricing, we always want our alum feel confident in the investment they've made in their education.

In our admissions process and throughout enrollment, we are committed to full transparency in our pricing and programmatic costs.

Since we have specific branding and color requirements for our scrubs, we find it's more convenient for students to have those ordered in-house.

That being said, we'll certainly pass along your suggestions!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was scrolling through Facebook and one of my friends posted something about Concorde, and that’s when I got more into searching it on Google. I took Dental Assistance and their hands-on training helps a lot. The career was not as long as I expected it to be and the coordinator and my teachers were very helpful. All in all, I would like to go back for Dental Hygienist and I would recommend Concorde.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Trying to do the whole AA, the CA and everything with it in Concorde Career College was not organized, but it was better for me. It was nothing that I had to do for four years. The small-sized classes and the one-on-one appealed to me and the structure of Concorde helped me become a successful student. We had lab hours and actually had to do internship. It's a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I was looking for a career college where I was stationed and after weeding out several others, Concorde had the best reviews. I just told the admissions team what I was interested in and they helped to match me with a program. I first got into medical assisting then went through Medical Office Administration. Each time, they had a program that I was interested in. My instructor has been wonderful as well. She was there for a long time because she was also there when I first did MA back in 2014. So I've met here before but not as my instructor. She helped me a whole lot. At one point in time, I was on a high-risk pregnancy and I didn’t know if I would be able to continue but she was willing to help me through. Luckily, I was still able to go to class.

I actually went to another college and had issues with using my GI bill. I had a balance, when I shouldn’t have one. But with Concorde, everybody was willing to help. They let me know what my balance was and that it got paid on time. And then, I also had applied for a grant and I got it on time. The financial aspect of it was a really good experience. It’s wonderful especially if students are using their GI bill and with anybody else too, because Concorde is willing to work with students with the payment.

I had the best experience going to Concorde. I graduated last year and got a job from the same place where they set me up with internship. Concorde has really helped me out transitioning into the civilian world and be more of a professional in the civilian aspect because after I got out, I was a stay-at-home mom because my husband was still active. I didn't know how to do a resume. I had to conduct myself during the interview. And Concorde definitely helped me out a lot. Students just have to be consistent to be successful in Concorde. They should show up on time and be there every day. I had and would definitely recommend Concorde.

Hi Laytoya,

First of all, thank you for your service!

So pleased that you found our career matching to be helpful! Often times, we find that students come in passionate about enriching the lives of others and could use some support in narrowing down exactly what program ignites that passion!

Wonderful to hear that your experience with our military central team was seamless! We work really hard to support our military families well.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences! We appreciate you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Concorde Career College had the degree that I wanted, and all the staff members were great. They were all very attentive and the class was small. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Concorde Career College is wonderful. They were able to do everything I needed. It was close and convenient, the classes were small which I like, my military funding paid for it, and they were able to get me in. When I went to Concorde, I knew where I wanted to go and what I didn't want to do, and they helped me figure out which one would work better for me. It was also nice being able to contact the teachers 24/7. There was never a time where I couldn't get a hold of somebody or didn't know what was going on. It was all planned out nicely. I'd tell my friend that going to Concorde is a good idea.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

After researching, Concorde had the accreditation and the program I was interested in. All of my instructors in the Occupational Therapy program at the Miramar campus have been meaningful in my Concord journey. Because they grew up in the same areas that I did and they were in the field that they were teaching us, they were able to provide personalized one-on-one attention and gave us some good insight into the field. They sent us to the field very prepared. Concorde was the best fit for me and I always recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Concorde’s environment is really inviting. There’s also a staff who I really liked because she’s really confident and friendly. Being on time and keeping up, never falling behind, are key to being a successful student, just do everything that the teacher tells you to do. It was great and really fun.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Concorde had a good program and the location was perfect for me. The instructors were amazing. You just focus mainly on one area for each one of the modules. I loved all the hands-on part of it. It really made you demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of what you're being taught. I'm retired from the air force and going back to school at my age, I wanted to do very well and put forth every effort into something. I studied and did homework and made straight A's. You can definitely reach out for help from them. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. I gained a lot of knowledge and met a lot of new people. I would definitely recommend Concorde.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I was looking for something in the medical field that had good working hours and basically the employee field. I got the basics from Concorde although it’d be nice if most of the stuff were more updated to what is going on in the actual industry right now. It’s almost like I pay to go to school but I’m learning everything all over again. It’s all so different from when you’re out on the field, including the products and instruments we use and the technology.

We also didn’t spend enough time in getting to know the different programs that are used out there like coding, how to make treatment plans, how to help build the treatment plan because that’s all I do now. When I’m working, I deal with patients. At the same time, I check them in, check them out, and I do the treatment plan. So that’s what they require of you when you’re out in the field now and we didn’t get to learn a lot of that if at all at our computer classes. We got 2015 computer classes and we only learned there how to chart like when they’re doing the probing for the depth of the gum.

But the co-director was pretty good. She helps you out when you needed assistance. And then I had a very good teacher in my second half of the course. My admission person was also very helpful with the appointment to go in and set me up with the admission person who assisted me to understand what is required of me during the time of my studies including the costs.

I found a lot people struggled because they let personal life interfere with studies or at least use it as an excuse to interfere with their studies, to get a home free card when it came to a test. If you apply for any education, you need to go in knowing you need to put 100%. So leave your personal life at home and know that it’s not going to be easy. It sounds easy when you watch people do it in the dental office but it’s very difficult. You need to learn to trace. You have all these traces they give you that you need every week. I will suggest to anyone who wants to do the course to make sure you’re absolutely ready or you will be wasting your time and money. You need to sort out personal life before you apply because it’s tough. There’s a lot of things crammed into that almost 10 months.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had a couple of friends who were in Concorde Career College and they told me how the school was. So, I decided to go there and see for myself. The instructor cares for teaching and she wanted her students to be great. That's what stands out about her because she's so passionate of the way she teaches.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

It was just time for a change, so I looked into furthering my education through Concorde. I found the hours and how they work with you appealing. I came in knowing I wanted a medical field. They had LVN, but after talking with them further, I was directed toward the Medical Office Administration program. My teacher, Denise really helped a lot. With the way she taught, you are able to understand. Her big heart made it easier to want to go every day. And it was exciting to learn. It's a good way to start a career.

Concorde Career College Company Information