toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine went to Concorde Career College for Dental Assistant. I was in another college then, but it wasn’t good enough. So I decided to look into Concorde and I wanted to further my education there for Pharmacy Technician. Enrolling was quick. I got right in the program, got in my classes and it all went fast. The schedule was perfect and I had wonderful teachers. They made sure I wasn’t going to fail and that I understood everything. Overall, it's a good school. I enjoyed it and I learned a lot from it. I liked how their program was short and quick. In fact, I thought about going back for RN.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just moved to Tampa and I was trying to find a school cause I wanted to go back to school. I was looking for different places and then Concorde came across when I was looking online. Then I went there and talked to one of the ladies. And she convinced me to start going to that school. I pursued Dental Assistance and the enrollment was easy. The professors were great, as well. I had two different professors and they were both there to help me out all the time. Also, going back to college, I was more of a hands-on person and Concorde was the perfect place to go to for that. My experience with them was really helpful and they were able to place me in a job. And I've been at my job for a year now. I recommended a friend to go to Concorde Career College.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was already looking at doing Billing and Coding. And then my friend told me everything that the program for Medical Office Administration at Concorde Career College entailed. I felt like that was a better program for me instead of Medical Billing and Coding. Also, they have a broader variety of careers such as insurance, medical billing and coding and a whole bunch of different stuff. Enrollment was really easy and I feel like everyone was there to help. Even the professors that were not a part of the program were ready to help. I work as an insurance coordinator now wherein I verify insurance for the patients. I found this job on my own but they got me plenty of interviews.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Concorde Career College had a good program and they had really good reviews. Their program was quick and to the point. It was hands-on and we didn't have to learn about all the stuff we didn't need to learn about, like spend a bunch of time in English or Math, like regular colleges would do. Because of that, I did medical office administration, like billing and coding with them. The enrolling process didn't take very long at all and was easy. The admissions counselor was very helpful in answering questions and they had good paperwork. He was very thorough in answering all the questions that I needed answers. I had a great teacher and I really enjoyed the coding part, and I wish the coding part was bigger. It was a great experience nevertheless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to get the respect that I always wanted. To get it, I needed to be able to go to school at nighttime while I work. And so, I decided to look into furthering my education through Concorde. The enrollment process was okay but I felt that I didn't get told all the fees ahead of time. I had a really good professor and that worked out. I wanted to go into surgical tech and the professor was still a surgical tech. Moreover, the program is extremely high. Because I was having so many tests a week and I needed more time to study, I eventually had to quit working. It's a good thing that they now graduate with an associate's and I wish I would have been able to do that.

At the time I was going to Concorde, they changed directors twice. The last director was really good, very supportive, he cared and understood. It helped that he used the scrub. Overall, I wish Concorde Concorde would pay more attention to the Surgical Tech program. They pay a lot of attention to the Nursing program but not as much as the Surgical Tech program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of their smaller classes, I decided to pursue my nursing education through Concorde Career College. The enrollment process was easy, and the interactions I’ve had with the counselors and teachers were fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Concorde Career College about 12 years ago to get my medical assistant degree and went back to pursue respiratory therapy. I checked out a couple schools and I thought that for the respiratory program, Concorde would be the best for me. Since I was an alumnus, they gave me a 20% discount. I also liked how they presented the program. However, enrolling was stressful because I was trying to figure out how I would juggle three kids, work and go to school fulltime. But they were very helpful while I was doing it and the process was quite easy. Once I got to talk to everyone I needed to talk to, they got me through things fairly quickly.

My only complaint would be that I would've liked to know my schedule a little bit sooner. But the teachers are great and did they whatever they could to help us get through everything. They were there for us when we needed to talk or were stressed out. They kept us motivated and I've found that determination is the key to being successful as a student. It's hard and you have to get through it, study a lot, try to figure out how you learn and use that to your advantage. I've graduated and I'm very happy. I've already started looking for a job. I can say I was a success story and Concorde was a part of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister knew about Concorde Career College and I've been to every school so it was a last resort. Enrolling with them was easy. It didn't take long and everybody was friendly. All the teachers and administrators were very helpful and they're right there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm taking Medical Office Administration in Concorde Career College, and my experience is great. I had one professor and she was great. I learned a lot from her. I recommend Concorde.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pursuing a career in nursing and it's easier to go to Concorde Career College. I've done it online and everything was okay. The enrollment was really easy because everybody was nice and they really took good care of me. I was successful at Concorde because of everybody who was really ready to help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked dental assistant programs and heard really good reviews about Concorde Career College. I looked them up online to check it out and start the process with them. The thing that helped me at Concorde was the hands-on classes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to go to college to better myself. And so, I decided to further my education with Concorde Career College and be a medical assistant. Enrolling with them was an easy process. Moreover, their teachers were excellent. However, we ran a lot of clients at the wet lab there and it wasn't amply supplied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I really enjoyed Concorde. It was a nice school. Once I visited, I really liked it there. The staff definitely did a good job assisting me in getting the financial aid, and other stuff like that. All of the professors were really great. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to go to the Medical Assistant program and Concorde Career College was on television. I went ahead and signed up which was fast and smooth. Also, I really enjoyed going to school there. It was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Better opportunities are what made me looked in furthering my education. I pursued Medical Assistant at Concorde and enrolling with them was easy. The professors were all friendly for the most part. They had an internship and after that, I found my own job and got hired somewhere else. I would recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was getting too old to do the job I was doing so I entered Concorde Career College and attended medical billing and coding for six months. It's a certificate degree but I never took the test because it was $500. All I got was a diploma that said I went to school to do that. I wasn’t certified to do it. They lied to me and told me they’d help me find a job. They gave me posts that I had found already on Craigslist, etc. And then, when they sent me to my internship, it was to a two-person doctor’s office and all I did was straighten out their files and answer the phone. I did not have a good experience and I’m trying to get out of paying my student loan back which I got for $10,000.

I even took a personal loan for $3,500. And so, I’m trying not to pay the $10,000 loan back because I couldn’t get a job and they were no help whatsoever. My experience with them was horrible. They told me I’d be making $15/$18 an hour and nobody was offering anything but $9 an hour. And that was $10 less than I was making before I went there. I'm very, very dissatisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved from Arizona to Oregon and Concorde was one of the first colleges that popped up so I decided to check out the school. I did an internship in my high school during my sophomore year. It was in the dental field and I knew that was where I wanted to go. Also, family-wise, my dad went all the way through dental school but he did something else. I heard family stories through the years and it sounded interesting.

Concorde offered dental assisting and it seemed like a good program at the time so I picked that one. Enrollment was a pretty easy process. The classes weren’t so large and I felt like we got one-on-one attention from the teacher. That was really helpful at the time and that was my key to success. I did my externship then I got hired on from my externship. The only frustrating part was the communication from the front desk area where they dealt with the externship. It took a long time and I felt like nobody would get back to me. That was years ago, though.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having education with Concorde Career College was the fastest route and so I got my RN license from there. The teachers were dedicated and they make you motivated.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a young son and didn't have time to go to do the whole four year college like I had initially planned after high school. Concorde was a really good opportunity for me to get an education quick so that I can provide for him and myself. I loved Concorde. I met a lot of really good girls in there that I still keep up with on Facebook. I enjoyed all my teacher and everyone was really friendly. One lady that went to my church was just really sweet. I enjoyed seeing her there.

I worked hard and made sure that I did everything I was supposed to do, so I could be successful for me and my son. I stayed on top of studying, and showed up. I may only have missed one day of class. Then Concorde helped me find a job after my graduation. We had to do a paper where we went and found a few different jobs. They chose one place and I did my extern there and they ended up hiring me immediately.

I work for an orthodontist as a dental assistant. I enjoy watching the teeth go from really crazy and the patients from being self-conscious to looking really awesome when their teeth are all done. I'm up to making $19 an hour, so it's definitely worth it. I couldn't have gotten where I'm at now without Concorde. It was awesome. I highly recommend it and enjoyed it a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to do some studying and get a better job. I wanted to take care of my kid. I was looking for a school to attend and I found Concorde Career College online. The lady I went through was patient and really nice to explain everything to me, and that’s when I decided to go with them. The enrollment process was easy. As a student at Concorde, I found out that accuracy will help me in being successful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to get out of the field I was in and I liked the convenience of the location and the class time at Concorde Career College. I went up to the school and the enrollment process was very easy. My teachers were very good, were really hands-on and made sure we learned what we needed to know for each class. They really took time and explained things.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am pursuing a career in surgical technology and Concorde Career College was what I wanted that had the med school program. I decided to go there because they have a 1-year program and I was enrolled within four days. I had to quit my job after six years and cash out my 401 to pay for school but it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to further my education and Concorde Career College was the one closest to my house. I went into a dental assistant course which was something that I was interested in since I was younger. Everything was great during the enrollment. The only negative thing was the classes were too big. It would have been better if they had smaller classes. But the experience overall was great, and I’m still at the dental office where I did my internship at.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were better career opportunities at Concorde Career College and it was in a field that I had some interest in. The sad thing is that I should've looked around a bit more. But enrolling was quite simple. They help you and they had quite a good support staff for the enrollment aspect. I was pursuing surgical technology and the key to be successful as a student is to study the material given, really pay attention to what the teacher says, and expect the unexpected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I googled MA schools in the area and I went with Concorde Career College because the one that I looked at first was more expensive. Concorde's professors were interesting and they all knew what they were doing. However, there was a weird professor turnover since one or two of them got fired while I was there and we ended up having somebody new. Also, they covered dated material for my first class because they covered typewriters when they taught about secretarial duties. But that was when I went to school there and it has been so long ago.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first application process with Concorde for my Dental Assisting program was really smooth, but as far as the Dental Hygiene program is concerned, it's not well at all. There were miscommunication, the staffing has been changing, not documenting visits, not scanning papers, and Social Security breaches. I was able to speak with the president of Concorde recently and they were trying to resolve some of the issues as far as my Social Security number but that has not really been resolved. I had credit cards and debit cards that were frozen. And I had to get new cards because there were frauds on them. But as far as trying to accommodate my requests for acceptance for the Dental Hygiene program, they have been doing an excellent job just within the past few weeks, and it's been about a three-year process with them. I finished my Dental Assisting program. And the teachers are amazing, but the office staff is not good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Concorde Career College through my friend that went to school there. They had the night school that fit my schedule. I went to the school in person, and it was easy to enroll there. It was a nice school to go to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was going to go back and get my LPN and a friend told me about Concorde Career College so I went there. While enrollment was easy back then, it is now a bit more difficult because there are more entrance exams. One of the biggest things that turned me off was that I graduated from Concorde and I was on the dean's list the entire time. I felt that because I got my diploma from them, I shouldn't have to take a medication entrance exam. Also, if I passed my pharmacology with them, then I shouldn't have to redo it again. They should be able to look at my transcripts and say, "Hey, she did good here. She'd been working as a nurse for almost 20 years and that should be enough." Moreover, their price was too much.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for sharing your experience with our program. Our Surgical Tech (ST) program has undergone significant improvement since you graduated from the program, including, as you mentioned, transitioning from a 12-month diploma to a 15-month associates program.

Firstly, we want you to know there is a Surgical Tech completion option for those Certified Surgical Techs who wish to advance from a diploma to an Associate of Applied Science degree! You can learn more about it here >> http://bit.ly/2nfYny9.

Since you were enrolled, the ST program at Concorde Career College, has transitioned and been reorganized. The highly-structured degree program is 60 weeks in length and includes 18 weeks of clinical rotations.The program has added general education and science courses, including anatomy, physiology, composition and speech.

We work hard to ensure our students are ready and confident come certification time! Our program fully prepares graduates to sit for the nationally recognized certification exam offered by the NBSTSA. We also schedule a practice certification exam the week before the real certification exam, so we can let them know what they missed and also what they need to study more.

You mentioned having to learn things outside the scope of a surg tech's normal duties -- There is so repetiton in the program designed to help students retain critical skills from one term to the next. You'll be please to know of the changes to our curriculum and syllabi , focusing more on hands-on training in the lab.

We work really closely with our externship sites to make the experience in the filed as fruitful as possible. Between conducting site visits and keeping in touch with nurse managers, we do our very best to determine if an alternative site is needed as soon as possible. As you experienced in your case, we may end up moving students to ensure a student receives all required specialties and cases at their clinical site.

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to share some of the changes we've made since you were with us! We hope to hear from you soon about whether the ST completion program is right for you!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I wanted to do a Surgical Technology program, so I looked into Concorde and that’s where I ended up going. Enrolling at Concorde was easy. The professors were good, but the program overall was not too great because it was very unorganized. When I was going to take up my CST exam, they didn’t have any of our practice exams ready and it always seemed like they were just putting things that we don’t typically do at our so-called practice. We were learning more and over what we did and they crunched our entire program into two months. I got through it like any other school. I just got to get through.

Concorde helped us find a job afterward. It was irritating though because I told them that I’m from the Springs and I know it’s a 250-mile radius, but they stuck me in a hospital up in Woodland Parks that has one OR. I didn’t get any clinical experience out there, but they would not transfer me. Even on the first day that I started up there, they said I'm not going to get all of my clinical rotation hours and I'm not going to get all the cases that I need. So when it came down to it, they finally switched to a hospital I’m working at now, but I had to rush all of my cases. I was there super late. They knew in advance. The hospital had told them before when they sent students there that they wouldn't fulfill their requirement. I really like the hospital I’m in right now. It was the one I was going to apply at.

Moreover, Concorde spent a lot of time prepping and tapping different work duties that are not in our scope of practice and I have never done that since. They crammed in the actual surgical technology stuff that we were doing. I feel that they need to focus more on the practice of the program itself. It totally makes sense to go through every nook and cranny. It’s helpful but if they’re going to cram it in one year, they should put the most important stuff to focus on. It would be good if we learn about more specific procedures or stuff along those lines that will help us when we get out there.

I would not refer it to anybody. In fact, I referred it to my friend, Lauren, and she went through the program. She said that the same exact thing happened. They kept forgetting her paperwork and didn’t even know where it was. A lot of different things had happened, and how we feel about it was the same. Also, they just completely changed their program to a two-year thing instead of one. They told us that there was going to be a bridge program, which was a certification for the associates, and they never got back to us about that. So it's frustrating because there’s no option for a bridge program at this point even though they had told us that there was.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I enrolled for Medical Assistance and the enrollment was really easy and simple. I signed up then they called and set up an appointment with me. They went through the career choices, night or morning classes, and whatever fits my schedule. The first professor wasn't so good since she didn't really teach us and got distracted easily. The last one was really good and went through everything with us. Concorde's curriculum should go more over pediatrics, like how to handle babies because they only teach the basic. But Concorde is a good school and I liked it.

Concorde Career College Company Profile