Call toll free
4.30/5
Based on 264 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in 8 states that has been training nurses and other medical professionals for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of over 20 degree and diploma programs. They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

From becoming a dental assistant to earning a degree in respiratory therapy, students complete programs in as few as nine months and benefit from a hands-on, real-world learning environment that combines theoretical learning and practical application.

Concorde Career College Video
Concorde Career College Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

505 Concorde Career College Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

My aunt went to Concorde before me and she told me about it. Enrolling there was just the next step for me. I took the dental hygiene program and I enjoyed the clinical experience the most. Every single instructor that I had was great too, and I would speak highly of all of them. The staff was very helpful and they would be really great if you take advantage of them and ask them questions. I had a positive experience overall and the students also warmed up to each other at the end. It’s really up to you to put in the work so I would advise others to take advantage of the resources. There were a lot of volunteer opportunities and a lot of what I took away from my Concorde experience was my community service in public health.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 13, 2018

My experience with Concorde was great. It was the only school that was near and I chose their dental assistant program, and I like it. The people there helped me a lot. The teachers were great. If I didn’t understand the lesson, they would repeat it. The staffs were great too and their library is nice. The tools that they have, the books, etc., were straightforward. And, the student culture was good. Everybody mind their business and do whatever they have to do. I did an externship and the experience was amazing. I had to get hands-on, which was perfect and I liked it. Overall, Concorde is a great school. Their program is easy and you learn from them.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Concorde was cheaper than the other school that I was looking at so I enrolled with them. I was pursuing a Hygiene program and I enjoyed talking to my counselor. I also I liked my dental assistant teacher but for hygiene, I had to go through the process on my own. I had to keep calling back to ask the staff and I was told that I would be getting calls but I never did. Their process was way unorganized. I did an internship but only for the assisting program. It was good though and I liked it. I took away with me the basic assistant skills, working and talking to patients. You just have to study and be focused to be successful at Concorde.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My wife had attended Concorde College and she recommended it to me. I enjoyed the labs the most -- just having hands on experience, getting to do things physically and not just reading about the techniques in the book. I pursued the medical assistance program and their staff were more than helpful. I led a tutorial group for students that were having a hard time and they really helped encourage that. They made it easier for students who were grasping the information to help teach each other when the teacher didn’t have enough time. It’s a very rapid, accelerated learning course and they were very accommodating to different measures on how students could learn and get the knowledge and practice that they needed.

Ms. Michelle was also a really outstanding teacher. They had a lot of knowledge that they were able to share and they kinda keep half the class focused on their education, not only gossip and stuff like that. And during externship the process was rather smooth. They have good communication with the school as far as hours done. The outward portion gave me a lot of hands on experience with some of the legwork that is involved to do the malpractice and insurance policies for the doctor herself. But it was really good to be in a fast-paced, almost kinda frenetic environment to get that experience before I’m fully committed.

The way that it’s done most commonly in major institutions is kind of a broken system. And those kinds of big money trade schools don’t actually get a lot more credit because they don’t really prepare you for the reality of the job. They just give you the guideline that, “Oh, you’re gonna do this and this and this.” And you have no basis of which to actually perform that duty. I went to Concorde to learn and in the end that’s what I got out of it. I’m sure some people go there rather young with improper mindset but anybody who went there to get that kind of job in that field would be happy.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My experience at Concorde was an excellent one from beginning to end. The administration is great. The teachers are great and knowledgeable. They prepare you for your future career. Thank you to everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I was pursuing Dental Assisting at Concorde and I enjoyed my program and the instructors that I had. My program director was really good. She really cared about her students and made sure that we had the best that we could possibly have. My instructor, Kara, had come out of the field and she was very helpful for not only myself, but her students as well and she made sure that we understood the information that was being taught. She was very encouraging to not settle for less. If you don't get it right the first time, don't worry about it. Keep trying because that type of field is more so of repetition and learning the skill, rather than knowing it the first time around. And no one's gonna be perfect.

The student culture at Concorde was very quirky when I went. I had a situation with the students. It was kinda like high school, but I had my own little group of people that I sat and I studied with. So, it wasn't so bad. Also, there were people who had already been in class together for a couple of months or even a month. And then, the following month, a new group of people came into class. I joined TeamSmile, too. It's an outreach for low-income children who can't afford to receive dental care.

Being persistent and being confident will help a student to be successful at Concorde.Overall, I liked my experience. I just feel like the office was too busy, so I feel like I didn't get the one-on-one as much as I should have. But it was a good experience. And if someone asks, I would tell them to take their time and make sure that the program they're getting is something that they want to do and not to feel pressured by the admissions representative. If there's a certain program that they're interested in and it's not offered at that time, they shouldn't settle for another program.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was already working at a dental office as a rover and I wanted to pursue more of a career path for myself. So, I decided I wanted to do dental assisting. I researched and got into Concorde for that. The teachers were amazing and they wanted us to succeed. They actually helped us even after hours and after class if we needed to. Also, on our breaks, they were willing to help us and they made learning in the course fun overall. It wasn't too forceful and they wanted us to have enjoyment of the whole course. Concorde made learning better than some colleges. Miss Mary from the dental assisting department really stuck out to me but everyone was very welcoming. My fellow students all got along really well in the classes and made sure everyone worked together.

Also, I did an externship at Long Beach and that was really good. Though I've already worked and done an externship at my office, I haven't really done an externship at a different place. Still, I did find a new job right after my externship and got used to a new office. Concorde helped my overall confidence in the work I'm doing. Their rep, Caitlin was really helpful in carrying everything up for us, making us comfortable with getting a job and helping us with resumes when needed. Overall, working with Concorde was a good experience all-around.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I’ve always had an interest in the medical field and someone told my mom about Concorde Career College. I liked that everything was quick, easy and straightforward with their admissions. Everything was broken down simple and everyone was so nice. Mr. Gregory was really sweet during the process and let me know what was going on. I was scared at first, but he said, “Do it. I promise you, you’re gonna like it.” I also had two instructors who were nice, helpful and always encouraging--Ms. Christy and Ms. Julieta. At Concorde, it's very easy and they're hands on. They also have the right pace for a learning experience. I would recommend them to anybody especially to those who are interested in the medical field.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had just got laid off my job. I went to Concorde Career College and I liked the whole experience and the staff. There was a particular instructor who was really meaningful. She was very knowledgeable and she’s a sweet person. I would tell others to go for Concorde Career College.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I liked the facility at Concorde Career College when I toured it, so I decided to further my education there. I also liked the staff and quite a few of them were meaningful for me, such as Katrina who's with Financial Aid, the program director, and an instructor. I could tell they really cared about my education and my future. I originally wanted to do a course in dental hygiene, but I was advised to do a course first in dental assisting before I did that. My experience at Concorde was perfect. As long as you are there and you’re ready to learn, you have all the resources that you need.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have a family friend who was working at Concorde about three years ago and I went there. I got in knowing what program I would be taking and it was a quick and easy eight to nine months of education. The professors were more on hand and it was not just text book so it was more in-depth. I'd recommend Concorde.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have been a CNA, so I was searching for schools that could work with my schedule and work. Concorde came in because they have the evening and the morning shifts. Concorde works with your schedule. If you work at night, then you can go there at day. If you work at day, you can go at night. That is the best thing because a lot of colleges do not offer that. It is very convenient. The director of the MA program was my motivator. I wanted to quit. And when I would go to her office, and I had been through a lot going there, she was there to push me. “No. You’re not gonna stop. No. You’re gonna continue. No. Uh-uh. I ain’t hearing that.” At graduation, a couple Fridays ago, we were all talking about her. She is the best. I’ve sent in my daughter to them, and she’s in the RN program. I recommend Concorde to everybody at work.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've researched online and I wanted to go after the LPN Program at Concorde Career College. The length of time to study there was appealing. It was 10 months. There were too many meaningful people in my journey there especially Mrs. Patricia **. She’s the Assistant Director at my program. My personal issues were not her problem but she really cared and was supportive of what I was going through outside of school. That meant a lot to me. I graduated a couple months ago. My feedback about them is to be more upfront of what’s expected of you as you go through the program. When I signed up, they did not tell me that I had clinicals that were gonna be 3.5 hours away. That really put a huge strain on our family, as I have a three year old son and a husband who was working two jobs.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My experience at Concorde Career College was good. I could have gone online and gotten the price a lot cheaper, but I was never informed of that by Concorde. Nevertheless, their assistants were helpful. I'd tell others that Concorde was a good school and that I learned a lot there.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My husband is in the military and I had started my prerequisites while we were stationed in New Orleans. When he was transferred, I was interested in the speed of Concorde's program, we’ve done it before and we wanted to try it again. I knew what I needed to study and with my transferred credits, I didn’t start until the second term. Our instructors were very hands-on and personable. But since it was such an expedited program, we were responsible for our own learning. It wasn't that we weren’t taught, it was just that we were given so much information at once that if we just depended on going to class, then we'd have been doomed to fail.

We had gotten a new President while I was a student there and he made a lot of improvements for the school. The old President wasn’t following the protocol exactly. and the new President had gotten everything back on track as it should have been. Even though there were issues, they were handled well. Our Program Director quit in the middle of the term but the transition to everything was handled well and smoothly. We were kept informed and they came and asked us what we thought was the best way to handle it. I had a friend who wanted to become a surgical technologist. I referred her to Concorde and she has gotten her certificate through them.

Hi Michelle,

First of all, thank you for your family's service! It's our honor to train veteran, military member and military spouses for rewarding careers.

You make an excellent point about the pace of the program and dedication it takes to be successful! While it's intense at times, we never want our students to feel as though they are doing it on their own. It's one of the reasons we offer study groups, mentors, and tutoring.

We're pleased that you felt like the change in leadership was beneficial at Concorde-Memphis. We certainly do our best to ensure that from the leadership to the students, we have the right people on the team to move the organization forward!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us -- Stay in touch!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I enjoyed my experience with Concorde Career College, having now finished it and being in the work field. I really enjoyed all of my teachers. However, the fact that it’s an accelerated program is a disservice to students rather than a service. For instance, we only get a month practicing phlebotomy on each other. Also, everything was backwards. We did blood pressure the first day and the entire six months, which was easier than venipuncture, which we only did for 16 days. Also, I constantly crammed for exams since the program was so short. I got 100% on my exams but I wasn't retaining any of the information. It's frustrating me how much I didn’t learn now that I'm trying to get my certification.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your feedback. We always value the insight of our students and alumni. We'll certainly pass it along. Have you considered being on our program advisory committee? It's a group of field professionals, alumni and industry experts that meet to help improve and guide curriculum and other updates.

We also offer tutoring and extended skills assistance when our students feel as though they could use a little extra practice, as well as study groups in our learning resource center. We know it's accelerated, but we never want our students to feel alone!

Thanks again for sharing with us!

Original review: June 3, 2018

When I went to view Concorde Career College campus, their reps were very warm and they just accepted me with no problems, no harshness. They wanted the best for me as well as I want it for myself. I wanted to do the nursing program to be a registered nurse. At first, they said it will be a hard program to get in, but it was doable. So, I went for Medical Assistance instead and said I'd go back as soon I'm ready to do the RN program.

One of the instructors was very helpful and even if a problem occurs, she was never willing to give up. She was always there to push me through. It's very comforting to see that there's someone else who's willing to help me and be there for me. Even with my career path, they wanted to see me succeed. She helped me throughout my journey and with seeking employment.

Overall, Concorde is a great college and everybody there is amazing. They welcome you with love, support, and success. I would tell a friend that Concorde is very open, very loving, supportive, and they will continue to push you through till you finish your program because they want you to see also that it's real if you want to succeed. They want you to be successful in whatever career path that you choose. I love the experience I had with them. In fact, even though I have graduated, they still help me.

Hi Quaminah,

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! So pleased that you found the community you were looking for and the support you needed to pursue your dreams in health care!

If you're ever nearby, don't hesitate to stop by and say hello!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Signing up with Concorde Career College was a lot easier than with a regular college. I did a technical course and it was fine. One of the teachers was very nice and helpful. Along with teachers' support, students got to study and know what they’re doing in order to be successful. Concorde is a good school. I learned what I was supposed to and they helped me out.

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for sharing a bit about how you found us and your success at Concorde - Miramar!

If you ever need anything in the future, don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Concorde is great and they have excellent teachers. You could get the one-on-one if you needed it. They have tutoring as well. I’ve looked into other schools but they didn’t seem interesting and the people weren't friendly. They also didn’t seem passionate enough to help get someone educated. It's hard to get to Concorde because there is a lot of studying. It's also fast-paced. So the key to be successful is to not give up and make sure you're determined.

Hi Crystal,

We love that our passion came through when you initially visited us and that it carried through graduation!

So smart to take advantage of tutoring. It's a great way to get in a bit of extra practice time.

Happy to have you as part of the alumni family -- Stay in touch!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Concorde Career College was down the street from where I was living. Since it was close by, I decided to further my studies through them. I like the small size classes. Furthermore, the staff was friendly and helpful. They helped me match up with a program. All of them were great but Robert was my favorite. He always had these words of wisdom and always knew what to say. Overall, I had a good experience with Concorde. It's a good school.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My sister-in-law was attending Concorde and she spoke very highly of the school and the teachers. I also liked that they were able to cater to evening classes. So, I enrolled with them. I was a criminologist major then I decided to make the switch and try and go for a nursing career. So, I tried to be a medical assistant. One of my teachers at Concorde really cared about her students and made an effort to make sure they were understanding everything. Overall, Concorde is a great school to go to and be a part of.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I wanted to go to school to be a surgical tech and Concorde Career College was the only one in Denver that was open and the only one that was accredited. But, I would never go back. It was the worst 18 months of my life. I paid $30,000 but I didn’t even get an associate. Whoever was in charge when I went to Concorde was a horrible human. I lost an uncle and went into her office, and she said that if I took any days off for the funeral, I would be kicked out. Also, I was late twice as it took me over an hour to get to school every day and they told me they were gonna kick me out. So it was constantly a threat after threat after threat.

The teachers were awesome, but the higher-up staff was awful. A teacher named Wendy was really nice and she helped us, and then the management pretty much forced her to quit. And then they had Mike quit because he didn’t have a certain degree that they wanted but he was the best teacher. They had another lady, Deb, quit since she didn’t have a certain degree as well. Also, there was one girl in my class who they talked into quitting. She had burns from when she was in middle school and they told her that she would have to scrub every day and her skin was just gonna get too raw and told her that there was no other way. She needed to leave and then she still had to pay for it. Now, every time I talk to someone, I refuse to have them go to Concorde because there are other places that are available. Concorde is outrageously priced for what you get and the staff there is awful.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I heard about Concorde Career College from my friend and I went there because I heard it was hands-on and I learn better that way. They matched me with a program. Some of their staff members have been there for us telling what we can do and gave a couple of strategies to study and told us about how it is after you graduate and you start working. But unfortunately, I haven't found a job, so I'm not using none of it, and I feel like it was not worth it for me to go there because I'm not using it. I paid a lot of money for it, but it's a waste of time. In two years, I don’t have a job so I'm not using my experience. The experience at Concorde was good, but they have no guarantee of job.

Hi Irankunda,

Firstly, thank you for taking time to give us feedback! We'd love to reconnect with you about employment opportunities and have you chat/meet with one of our graduate employment specialists on a resume, interview prep, and skill-refreshers.

We've asked someone on the team to reach out, so be expecting their call!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I’m glad I went through Concorde. It was a really great experience with them. I wanna be in the health field and I wanted to go more into surgical tech, and both of my medical assistants, one from my first three months and one from my last months, were meaningful for me in my journey. I felt like they wanted me to be a medical assistant because they were medical assistants themselves and they wanted people in the health field to do their best. I’m in the field now and working as a medical assistant.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was trying to find a better career than what I was doing and with Concorde, it wouldn’t take that long to get the degree. It is a fast-paced school. I researched to see what I might wanna do, then I went in there and told them which department I was gonna study in and that department was great. I never understood fractions until I got to the classes of the instructors for the pharmacy technician program. Both of them were able to teach very well. Pay attention and don't assume you know what the instructors are talking about. Take the information in because they came into play when I went you go out on your internship.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Concorde had a physical therapy assisting program which was what I was looking into and they were able to sign me up quickly. I went there looking at that program and I was signed up in dental assisting later that day. I liked all my instructors and nothing about my experience was difficult at all. The instructors basically read us the textbooks and we had a worksheet that was geared towards a three-year-old. Then the tests were also not difficult. I feel like they didn't put a whole lot of effort into the curriculum and there were a few times in the lab where I questioned my teachers. So, there were some things that could be better but I couldn't be mad at it because it did what it claimed to do.

They do the best they can at Concorde but working in the fields and going to school are two very different things. So, Concorde will get you to a job but you're kinda on your own after that, so make sure that that job is what you want to do. For me, I made an impulse decision to do dental assisting and then paid for it. I was hired on to a place that I shadowed at then on the same day, they sold the practice and sold me with it pretty much. I have done dental assisting for less than a month and I was the only assistant for three dentists working seven to eight hours with no lunch. It was a mess and sometimes it was bad.

But I loved that place. It was beautiful and the employees were all female who were very supportive and were encouraging me to go back to school. They also helped me navigate my job. But when they sold the practice, they offended everybody so they all quit. And I didn't have anywhere else to go so I stayed. After that, I was not even sure if I really wanted to do dental assisting or not. But after I got the job, it was where my correspondence with Concorde ended which I don't blame them for. They also didn't really reach out much after that. I'm off to university now but before I fully quit dental assisting and decided to go in a completely direction, I went back to Concorde and talked to one of the job placement people there. And I don't know if I got lost in the email list or something but it worked out for the better because I didn't want to stay in dental assisting.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was amused to live in Tennessee and I decided that I wanted to make a change, so I looked up schools online and asked questions to my other friends that have moved to the area. What I like about Concorde Career College is I'm hands on. I knew that I wanted to do Medical Assistance and I decided that I wanted to do nursing as well. I had an instructor who was meaningful in my journey. At first, I hoped I would never have special class because everyone was saying that she’s mean and it's gonna be harder. I only had her for a week, but it was so much stuff that she caught up and she didn't have to be firm the way she showed that she cared. If we didn't show up, she'd call and she made sure that we took our test even if we missed the day. She showed us that she wanted us to succeed.

Their motivation at Concorde helped me become successful. It was so good because I only set at home for two weeks. My baby was two weeks old and I was missing school and I went back the exact day that she turned two weeks old. I would tell my friends to not go for Medical Assisting, although the school itself is very experienced. I would like Concorde to improve their financial aid. The people working for them are very rude.

Now that I am out of school, it is so hard for us to get a job. Everyone wants experience and I remember that they told us that it's gonna be hard to get a job without certification. I am certified, but it's still hard for me to get it done. It's even harder now than it was then and I don't even get called for interview. They said that they could help us get a job, but if they spoke with Doctors or the Human Resource department at the job that they have connections with and let them know that we're not gonna have experience because we're fresh out of school. How can we have experience if no one would give us a chance? They said that they send out our resume. It was only two of us that got certified. The people who were not certified have jobs, while I and the other girl don't have jobs.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I heard about Concorde Career College from my brother and I liked the environment there. I wasn’t sure of what course or medical field I wanted to enter and Concorde gave me the opportunity to explore all of them. I originally wanted to do a course in Radio Technology, but they said there was no opening and the class was about to start, so they got me into an MA. Jodie and Mallory were really helpful to me in my journey at Concorde. They were easy to communicate with on any issues and they helped out if I had any questions. Asking as many questions as possible and not procrastinating in the online courses that you’re in would help you to be a successful student at Concorde.

Hi Edwin,

Love that you came in with an opening mind and a willing spirit! Thanks for your shoutout to Mallory and Jodie. We'll be sure to pass that along!

Excellent insight about not procrastinating. With an accelerated program like the ones at Concorde, being organized and on-top of things is a must.

Happy to have you as part of the alumni family!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I like the way the Concorde campus was set up. The people there were really nice and willing to help. Everything went good. I'd recommend Concorde Career College. The students just need to pay attention knowing that it's their career that they'd be working.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I had a family crisis so I had to stop going to school for a while. Now, I've decided it's time for me to do something with my career, so I decided to do Medical Assistance. My friend attended Concorde Career College and I asked her how she liked it. Their school hours worked with me in my job from 8:00 to 1:00 and it was very convenient. It's a nice school and the instructors are good. When I needed to learn different things, I had to stay after school and Ms. G spent time and made me feel that it was okay if I was a little slower than others. She helped a lot and that means a lot to me trying to learn different things.

To succeed here, it takes a lot of determination and a lot of heart where you have to be dedicated in order to get through the program. If you feel like this is something that you wanna do and know you wanna better yourself in life, it's easy. So far, everything went well. I'd tell others to go in first and talk to the counselor to make sure there's stuff there that you want to do and if they do, they'll give you a rundown of the different curriculum. One of my friends I went to school with at Concorde started doing Medical Assistance, but she switched to Pharmacy Tech in the middle. So, it would have been great if she had known exactly what she wanted to do. I would recommend Concorde Career College.

Concorde Career College expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Concorde Career College focuses on the healthcare industry, offering degree completion, diploma and degree programs for nursing and other medical professions. There are 16 campuses in 8 states: California, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas.

• Short program lengths: The shortest program length is five months (Surgical Technology online degree completion program). Several programs, like the Dental Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Medical Office Professional, Primary Technician, Polysomnographic Technology and Medical Assistant programs, can be completed in as little as 8 months. The longest program length is Healthcare Administration Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science, which takes on average 24 months to complete.

• Business partnerships: Concorde Career College partners with hundreds of businesses, including hospitals, insurance companies and physicians, so their graduates can find fulfilling careers soon after they graduate. Businesses can participate in externships to give Concorde students a hands-on opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to a real-world medical or insurance environment.

• Accreditation: Concorde Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

• Nursing and medical focus: Concorde focuses only on healthcare-related fields, like nursing, dental and allied health.

• Easy online application: Applying to a program is quick, easy and free with Concorde’s online application process.

• Best for: high school graduates and career changers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs