4.29/5
Based on 256 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a system of 16 campuses in 8 states that has been training nurses and other medical professionals for more than 60 years. Concorde is solely focused on health care education and offers a range of over 20 degree and diploma programs. They are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

From becoming a dental assistant to earning a degree in respiratory therapy, students complete programs in as few as nine months and benefit from a hands-on, real-world learning environment that combines theoretical learning and practical application.

Concorde Career College Video
Concorde Career College Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 18, 2018

472 Concorde Career College Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2018

I didn't want to be in school long plus I wanted to get in the medical field too. I also knew that I wanted to do medical assisting. My uncle went to Concorde in the past so I decided to try there. One of the instructors at Concorde talked to the class in a fun way. Overall, I recommend Concorde. To be successful there, one must be ahead and on one's toes.

Get expert buying tips about Online Nursing Programs and Nursing Schools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I was thinking for a while to continue with my education. The time of the program was short and it appealed to me. I didn't have to go to the prerequisite stuff because it took a long time and I didn't have that time so I decided to go to Concorde. I wanted something in the health area and there were people that helped me along. I would tell my friends that the program is short if you are looking for something to finish quickly but you have to pay a lot of money. It was a good program and to be successful, I studied hard. It was an essential experience for me and I’m happy that I took the program.

Original review: May 5, 2018

If you really wanna go to Concorde, go for it. Their instructors, program director, and most of the whole staff were very friendly. I talked to them, asked them questions, and they made sure I got the help I needed. In fact, both of my instructors helped pretty much as far as learning and making sure that I knew everything. And if I didn't, they would try to reach out and help to do whatever they could for me to understand the whole subject.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My job wasn't great when I was living in the town and country area so I thought taking medical office administration would be a good fit for me. I enjoyed my teacher at Concorde Career College and she was pretty thorough. She was sweet, made sure everybody was understanding everything and she was always there for us if we had any questions. On the other hand, I did poorly on oral essays since I didn't like it and I have a major fear of speaking in front of people. Otherwise, everything else was a good experience. I put 110% until I did really well. I never missed a day, I listened and did the work, and studied hours every day when I got home. I was able to get straight A's through the entire process and then after that I got jobs pretty quickly. Having my education at Concorde Career College on my resume helped a lot.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Concorde had the program I was looking for and I find their small classes and on hand training appealing. When I went there, I knew what I wanted to do and my instructor assisted me through my journey. I studied and took notes to be a successful student there, and if a friend asks me about them, I’d say it’s the school to go to if he knows what field he wants to go in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Concorde Career College?

Original review: April 28, 2018

The key to being a successful student is self-discipline but that had nothing to do with the school. Although I enrolled in Concorde due to the length of their program, I would not recommend them to anybody else due to the cost. As I’ve compared it to other preparatory programs and the people that I’ve worked for, when I see the type of education they received versus what Concorde gives, Concorde sucks.

I was a 4.0 student, I did my homework and I studied for my test, but I didn’t have to do any of that. I could have gone through the program and not turned in any homework or never showed up for class and I would have still graduated. All they cared about was the end product. “Okay. You’ve graduated. Now go take your board. And if you pass, then no big deal off our skin because you’re on your own. You’re done with the program.” However, I had one instructor who was a good mentor, not just a teacher.

Knowledge-wise, I wasn't prepared for the workforce. Everything that I had gotten out of that college was because I did it myself. It wasn’t that Concorde was a great successful college. They didn't have a great program, standards nor teachers. It was a matter of me taking my books and reading it. I see some of the new students that come in and they’re three times ahead of me on knowledge because we didn’t get that. We’re supposed to have a clinical person come out to our areas to teach us, but I was never in a group. I was always by myself and I’m always on the night shift. They come out, spend ten minutes and go. They never really showed me anything. Personally, it sucked. It’s the worst $47,000 I’ve ever spent.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I know that for some schools, it’s so hard to enroll it makes you not want to go. I had been working and Concorde was easy to enroll in so that appealed to me and then, the admission counselor helped me decide on what to study. I was split between different programs and she just gave me a lot of statistics on which one would be better. She also based it off of my admission exam. My program director, Ms. Kathleen, also helped me push through a lot of the difficulties I was having. She worked with me a lot to make sure I can complete the program.

But it wasn’t a great experience when I finished. It was really hard getting help from graduate employment. A staff was available but I just feel like she helped some people more than she helped others. I’m at a large university hospital right now in Birmingham and I feel more than prepared. I wasn’t scared. Clinical prepared me and the classroom prepared me. But I feel like like I wasn’t as prepared to enter the job market. It’s not even the skills. A lot of people don’t even know this is my first job because it was such a smooth transition. It was just hard searching for a job and getting the help building my resume. It should be an ongoing process instead of at the end, trying to compile a resume. It should be something that is done from the beginning and worked on throughout. Because at the end, trying to figure out where I was to clinical, what month I was there and what I did there. It was just overwhelming and stressful.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I did some research because I was ready to go back to school and Concorde Career College was one of the first ones that I came across that seemed easy to get into. After my first interview, I was into the nursing program that they had and that was nice because I know a lot of places where we have to wait. My experience with Concorde Career College was okay, but it was very unorganized and choppy, and the teachers weren’t all that great. Part of it was they switched administrators halfway through, so the classes and the teachers got disorganized, as well as the schedule in general.

There were a couple of people though that were really good and straight and on point with what they were doing. However, they taught more to pass the test at the end of the course rather than teaching nursing things. They were more focused on having us passing the exit exam than anything else. But I bust my butt and did it. I’m satisfied with my experience with Concorde Career College.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I started looking at Carrington College and then I wanted to explore options. I’m really choosy, and I started Googling and realized Carrington was inside of a mall while Concorde had its own campus. I didn’t want to be around a bunch of people in a mall and going to school, so I decided to go to Concorde. I wanted to be a nurse and go really far into the medical field and better myself, but I've always had a really big fear of needles and blood and I’ve always been squeamish. It contradicted what my dreams were, so I wanted to just get my feet wet and see if I really had it in me to do the things that I will be doing if I advance myself in the healthcare field. Being a medical assistant, I found it would be a good way to test the waters in that and that’s what I did.

All of the people at Concorde were really great. Yohan was really funny, and he made learning enjoyable and it helped engage me because of his humor. Anita was also nice and cool. I actually go to university now, working on my nursing degree, and I found that it's way tougher and you have to have so much more motivation. Whereas at a career college, it’s a little bit given to you and the information is very obvious. You don’t have to work as hard to find answers. Overall, if others want an entry-level position where they will be comfortable staying for a long time, then going to Concorde would be a really good option for them. But, I wouldn’t have gone with Concorde had I needed to get those clinical skills under my belt just to see if I had that in me.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I was in the middle of trying to transfer from North Carolina out this way and I was looking for a program that I will be able to get into and Concorde Career College was one of the faster ones, so I picked it up or at least tried to see what was going on with it. I didn’t quite know what I needed to make myself competitive when I was trying to apply the first time and within the first time. The second time that I applied, luckily, I’ve been able to stick it out through most of the terms. They had me go through the MA program first so that I had some kind of background and then I was able to get into the PTA program.

One of the teachers made the class one for the most part of the MA program and she was action-oriented so it made it a lot easier for me and then the other teacher takes a lot of time outside of the required amount of time to sit down with the students and help us understand theories that we may not quite grasp entirely. They are the two best instructors. Since I have a military background, I have a more hands-on approach to the most ways that I’m on as well as an audio-visual thing, so just being able to listen to the teachers for the most part go through and then being able to act everything out and piece them together in a more real world type environment is extra helpful for me.

In the MA program, there was a student teacher drama that was occurring during my course and ended up in course correction in the middle of it which made it a little more distracting that what I would’ve liked. But with the PTA program, I haven’t had any issues and I’d recommend Concorde to friends. I’ll tell them to be wary about things if they were to dive into a program that they didn’t really know much about because they do move very quickly.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I live right around Concorde and I wanted to go there for RN. When I submitted my application, however, they forced me to do a Medical Assistant course first. Then when I was going into the class and chatting with most of the classmates, I learned that most of them were going into the RN but were forced into the Medical Assistant. That was one thing that I did not like about Concorde. Also, that makes no sense because if we want to do the RN later on, having the Medical Assistant diploma does not help at all. It's wrong that Concorde does that because that's money we don't have to spend. Nevertheless, the classes at Concorde, at least for medical assistant, are very easy and the teachers help out a lot. We had two different teachers and I still keep in touch with one of them because she was amazing.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I’m also always seeing the commercials on TV and I went to the school one day to see how it was and I signed up. All of the instructors helped a lot and if you missed something, they called to see if anything or what was going on. I had to work at 2:30 and even though I drove back and forth from Blytheville, Arkansas to Memphis, Tennessee, I was able to get there on time. It was dedication that made me successful. I’m a single parent and I maintained the 4.0 and perfect attendance. Concorde was a good school and I was thinking about going back to get my REN. It’s a great school and I'm also trying to get one of my best friends to go there to pursue her career.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I wanted to do the certification at the time that I decided to go to Concorde Career College and for the most part, the experience was good. I liked my lab teacher and one of my clinical sites was with my instructor so that was helpful and she taught me a lot. But while I was in school, Concorde was in the process of switching to the associates program and I felt like they did a lot of experimental stuff on my class to get ready for associates. That could’ve been better if it was more focused on our class as an individual instead of just thinking of what can make the future classes better and what’s tested out on them.

My clinical experience wasn’t a good match because it was an hour and a half commute so that was tough. Then, during the job placement, they kept me up-to-date about jobs in the area but it was nothing that I was looking for so I went on with my own search. But I love the job that I’m at now. I’m very passionate about it and that played a big role in my success. Concorde is very fast paced, but they work with your schedule. They have different class times, so if somebody is working, then it can be done.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I decided to go back to school to do something else beside from what I have. I always drive by Concorde Career College and it is a very good school. I took the Pharmacy Technician program, which takes 6 months to be completed. My teachers were very nice and helpful, and I like that they don't stop helping until they get you. When I first got there, I didn't know much and they always guided me. I love them. After finishing the program, they also helped me get a job. Others should try out Concorde, too.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have always wanted to be in the medical field and at the time, advancing my education through Concorde was the perfect program. The program was short-term and worked with my schedule. I really loved all their hands-on stuff. I’m a fast learner so I loved how everything was so fast-paced there. I was looking into their LPN program, the nursing program there, but I didn’t know it was a full-time program so I can’t do that one. The staff at Concorde asked me if I wanna try their MA classes. They talked to me about that and within a week, I was at their orientation. The admissions team helped me with the financial aid. My dad was in the military so they helped me fill out all that paperwork. One staff member really spent a lot of the time with me and talked to me about each program. I told him what I wanted to do, what I was interested in, and he found the perfect program for me.

I have two best friends at Concorde and we worked together to become successful. Miss Katie also helped me out a lot when I was first starting. The only thing is the teacher turnover rate while I was there was pretty great. I had three different teachers and they all had different ways of doing things. But I’ve always been the type to teach myself so it wasn’t too bad. But it was confusing when one teacher wants it done one way or they were showing us a way how to do it, and now the other teacher was showing us another way how to do it. But it wasn’t too bad. And if a friend of mine asks me about Concorde, I would recommend it. Within seven months I was done with school. I had a job straight out of school and I’m still working at my job a year later.

HI Danielle,

Thanks for your honest and candid feedback! We really appreciate it.

So glad that you were able to take the spark that you had to work in the medical career and fan it into a flame that burns bright as you apply your Concorde training at your office.

We love hearing that despite the amount of paperwork, that our team was able to help you with it every step of the way!

While turn over is inevitable in any organization, we do our best to remain consistent in our programs to preserve the learning environment.

Thanks again for sharing! We're happy to have you amongst the rank of Concorde alumni!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Some people who were going to Concorde for the MA program told me about the school, and I liked that with Concorde, students don't have to take prereqs. I went in there and asked some questions and took the test. I got called back and was accepted. Some of their clinical sites were kind of scary, though. They were really questionable as far as maybe they should have been in the building instead of a bunch of students. It was a lot of "This is the way that you do it wrong" instead of "This is the way that it should be done." Still, I had a good experience and keeping relationships with my co-classmates helped me succeed at Concorde. I would tell my friends that with any nursing school, they have to read their book. And the teachers aren't going to give them all the answers. It's a pretty decent school. It's a little expensive but there are perks and pros and cons.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience with Concorde was great. I've already graduated and am currently a nurse, but back then, I wanted to do something that was quick that would allow me to get my degree so I went with them. All my teachers were stellar and dedicated to their students. They made sure we understood what was necessary to be understood, and they prepared us for our boards, not just the life of a nurse. I learned how to be super diligent there and not to be afraid to ask questions. Also, if I did what they told me, I'd be fine.

Hi Siobhan,

We love that you were able to find your passion in nursing! Many of our faculty enrich courses by drawing on their own personal experiences in the field to prepare students for, as you mentioned, life beyond the textbook.

We're so pleased that you in a position you love and doing well. If you need anything along the way - don't forget that we offer our alumni ongoing career services and support!

Thanks again!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was looking for a school in the area, so I looked up Licensed Vocational Nurse programs and Concorde Career College popped up. I like the program that they offered and the hours were convenient for me because I worked another job, so it was able to give me the time that I was available. I had one instructor who was fantastic and the greatest instructor I've ever had. It was like coming alive when he was teaching. I made a lot of notes and made sure I was reading. I learned a lot and my instructor made my experience even better. It was incredible.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Concorde has great programs and they were fast. Also, the PFC was more helpful because it was hands-on. My experience went great. They didn't help me find my job like it was said they were supposed to, but I found a job. And my teachers gave good information and they helped me with my extern.

Hi Danielle,

Glad you had a great experience at Concorde! We really believe that the externship of being in a professional environment really supercharges confidence and skills before graduating!

When you're ready to make your next move, don't hesitate to reach out. We offer ongoing career service support to our alumni, whether it's an entry-level position or something more senior.

Thanks again!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2018

A friend of mine went to Concorde Career College. I was changing my career to being a Respiratory Therapist so I went to Concorde, asked and started the paperwork which took about two and half months. They are hands-on and in the internship, they have the labs and they offer tutoring which was really helpful. Mister Jim was a great help. He also offered to tutor and he was always there to help us even though we passed his course. I studied by myself after class for three hours. It’s not an easy road. You'd think that because it’s just vocational, it’s quick and in-and-out, but it’s not. You really have to study and put your all into it.

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for taking time to share your Concorde experience! We'll certainly pass your kudos along to Mr. Jim!

We wish you nothing but continued success. If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by. We love visiting with alumni!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I did my MA at Concorde in KC, MO 1991/5 star. 2017 enrolled in Concorde in Jax, FL. focus on RN Accreditation. It's not the best school, instructors changed often, instructors and staff never on same page. Lots of studying. Test given at times didn't match study subject, grades changed, policies constant changing. I'm now enrolled in the Green Light program which is suppose to teach me to understand the comprehensive questions that still make no sense to me. But put in motion supposedly to help pass the LPN NCLEX exam. It's a joke, I go to the school every week and complain about my Evolve webpage. Fast pace, confusing, hard work, no one is listening and my student loan is due. Not the best school.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I was looking into technical schools and I like the hands-on better than the regular lecture. I originally went to Concorde to discuss doing the healthcare administration program, but a rep there let me know about everything, and respiratory just at the time, seemed like a good fit so it worked out. The staff there is really good. I liked my school and my teachers, Kimberly and Dave were both good instructors and program directors. Concorde gives you everything that you need. It's just about dedicating yourself to the program because no one really understands what it's like to do 10-week classes. When you're cutting off all those extra weeks, you gotta compensate somewhere else. They definitely got that point across in admissions how it might be fast-paced and hands-on but you still have to have the dedication there.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for sharing about finding the right career path for you at Concorde!

Love that by chatting with our admissions team you were able to find a calling that fits you well.

Our classes are accelerated - we do our very best through study groups, tutoring and interactive learning modules to ensure that our students have access to a variety of ways to learn and apply the teachings to build confidence!

Drop by anytime, we'd love to see you!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I wanted to go to school and I didn't want it to take long. I wanted to go ahead and get my career started. I heard good things about Concorde and a friend of mine went there. During my last semester in Concorde, I had a good teacher, but he's no longer there. He took the time with his students and showed that he really cared.

Original review: April 6, 2018

When I moved to San Diego, I was a CNA in the State of Washington and I couldn’t transfer my license. Why not just do the BN course? I found these colleges and Concorde Career College worked with my schedule and it was opening soon and they got me right in. There were a few instructors that stood out, but a few classes were awful. The maternity class has was the worst teacher I’ve ever had in my life because she never lectured. She was hard to understand. Nothing that she lectured about was on the quizzes or the tests, so I never knew what to study. But I kinda figured her out instantly and I had to do that class all on my own. But other than that, there were great teachers like Mary. Also, there were two teachers that left who were wonderful.

A few of us students did study groups. That worked great for me, just the three of us, really small, so we could just learn. I took a lot of clinicals. I knew that I really wanted to learn a lot in clinical, so I gave that my all. I graduated in June and Concorde has been helping me find jobs, but I had to move back to the State of Washington. So, I’m screwed there. I’m in Washington right now, but I kept my California license. But they were good at helping me. They sent a lot of employers my way, which was nice. They really work on getting their graduate program better to help students find jobs. That’s gonna work out a lot for a lot of the kids for sure.

If you really want to better yourself, definitely go for Concorde, but you really have to study because it’s a fast-paced program. The lady who’s in charge of the program is very hard to communicate with. She’s kinda rude, so you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Also, every day you’re getting a quiz. It’s not a joke and it’s expensive but I’m glad I did it.

Hi Lisa,

Glad that you found a study group and a pace that worked for you in the program!

We're definitely committed to providing on-going career service support for our graduates - it's all about helping find the right career fit for you.

We also pride ourselves on our open-door communication policy. We'll certainly share your concerns with our leadership - we always invite students to bring those during their time on campus, as they feel appropriate.

Let us know if you're back in the area! We'd love to reconnect.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have looked online for a Dental Assisting school and I found about Concorde Career College. It was the first school I went to see and I talked to them about everything. They also helped match me up with their program. I went to the San Antonio campus. The Program Director, Mr. Al and Mari helped me a lot. I was pregnant at that time and I went through that. They were there along the whole journey and helping me get back into school and checking up on me. It was a good program and for what I was doing, Concorde was quick compared to other schools. And I've recommended Concorde a few times.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I looked into furthering my education for a better job and a better pay, and Concorde Career College was better than other places and it looked more professional. I was interested in Medical Assisting, but if I had learned other things, I probably would have gone for the Registered Nurse program or the Licensed Vocational Nursing. Where I'm working now, it has nothing to do with what I learned at school because it's more of front office work. At Concorde, we did more hands-on than office work, so it depends on where I go to work if I can use the skills there or not. I would tell my friends to look into other areas that are available and not just go with what they have in mind. If they don't know about License Vocational Nursing or that there are other programs that are going to be better and not have much of a difference, they might as well go for a better one.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My sisters went to Concorde and I always wanted to be in the medical field, so I felt that it was the best school for me. I like the way the staff treated all of us and helped us out in the classes, especially with my weakest spots when I was at school. Bridget and Jonathan were the most helpful ones, and they helped me out with getting a job. Concorde is a really good school to further your career.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I was a parallel student and was familiar with Concorde Career College. It offered the program I was interested in. In addition, they helped me and matched me up. I was going to go for Nursing and I needed to do Respiratory. Someone from Concorde made sure that I stood on top of things. He always pushed me and was almost as dedicated to my success as I was. Overall, I would recommend Concorde Career College.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I wanted to take some class for a career and I found Concorde Career College at a job fair. The person whom I spoke to at the time drew me in. Also, I found the way they had the schedule appealing. They have something in the morning and something at night for me to be able to take my classes. My professor put me on a good path toward what I was going for and helped me out. Others should go to Concorde and accept their idea but research it more.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My teacher at Concorde, Amy, was really good. She kept everything really interesting, and she’s really knowledgeable about what she was talking about. I needed a career change, and when I looked into Concorde, I found Surgical Tech. And I liked Concorde's smaller classes and the variety of hours like different night and morning classes. I had a good experience overall, and if my friends want to become a surgical tech, I’d definitely tell them it would be a great school to go to.

Concorde Career College expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Concorde Career College focuses on the healthcare industry, offering degree completion, diploma and degree programs for nursing and other medical professions. There are 16 campuses in 8 states: California, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas.

• Short program lengths: The shortest program length is five months (Surgical Technology online degree completion program). Several programs, like the Dental Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Medical Office Professional, Primary Technician, Polysomnographic Technology and Medical Assistant programs, can be completed in as little as 8 months. The longest program length is Healthcare Administration Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science, which takes on average 24 months to complete.

• Business partnerships: Concorde Career College partners with hundreds of businesses, including hospitals, insurance companies and physicians, so their graduates can find fulfilling careers soon after they graduate. Businesses can participate in externships to give Concorde students a hands-on opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to a real-world medical or insurance environment.

• Accreditation: Concorde Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).

• Nursing and medical focus: Concorde focuses only on healthcare-related fields, like nursing, dental and allied health.

• Easy online application: Applying to a program is quick, easy and free with Concorde’s online application process.

• Best for: high school graduates and career changers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs