coloradotech.edu

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Going to CTU was a good decision for me and a good experience. I signed up twice and quit before actually going. I was very nervous about going to school, I did not think that I would do well. When I finally decided to go it was wonderful. I started off with some Fast Track classes and went from there. I started school January 2015 just going for my Associates and then ended up going for my Bachelors. I graduated in November of 2016. I will have to say this is one of the best things that I have done with my life. I could not have picked a better school to attend.

CTU allowed me to receive my BSBA in 2 and a half years! The faculty and students that I have come across in my journey have all been helpful and eager to assist. I would absolutely recommend CTU to any professional looking to better themselves while still maintaining a regular work life.

Resolution In Progress

Colorado Technical University

Hi Conveeya – We understand that you’ve been in contact with our financial aid team since leaving your review. We hope that our effort to answer your questions has renewed your faith in our university and that you now feel CTU deserves a better rating. If this is the case, we encourage you to revise the review to reflect your current opinions. We’re committed to your success. Thank you!

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have a question… Why do CTU disburse our loans and grants in increments??? I only got 200 dollars for my grants... but why. It seems as though they have found a way to cheat the student of their financial monies. No matter how you fill out the forms your disbursements will be what they want to give you. Which is very minimal most of the time. In my opinion this school is only in it for financial gain. Sad... but true.

I think going to this school was a major mistake. The teachers bring you up in front of the academic review for two individual papers I wrote. The teacher claim the papers were someone else and my papers went before an academic review board and they sided with teacher but their OVI said the papers were original. Then all at once I don't have anymore financial aid left and now I owe 3500. I should went here and the instructors are not professional. I don't like being call a cheat and given two "F" on two perfectly good papers. I'm leaving CTU. I'm withdrawing next week. Don't go here.

I obtained my bachelor's degree, with a great deal of frustration with the financial aid and student accounts offices. Many times they had screwed up my financial aid and were unwilling to figure it out. They said I owed amounts and after being explained why I do not owe those amounts they told me I would be dropped and at one time not be allowed to reenroll unless I signed a payment agreement. After I signed one, they increased the amount due twice without even discussing it with me. I called many times and argued the matter only to be basically told they were right and I was wrong and I had to pay without any further consideration.

I asked to speak to a supervisor in student accounts and even though it was really not their problem, they fixed it after months of being screwed up. I paid off the balance and my payment agreements still showed I owed money. They insisted I owed money. I again asked to speak with a supervisor and they conferences in someone else and they finally got my account to zero. Setting all that aside I decided to do continue on with my masters. I was doing well about 1/3 through with my masters program with a 4.0 GPA and then got into a class with an instructor that barely spoke English. He was from China.

I had no issues until he changed the due dates of my assignments with an announcement stating that all of our assignments that were due on Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week... this was on Friday, would be due Monday since we had the weekend to work on them. I emailed and told him that I do not have weekends and cannot get my assignments done any earlier than originally posted by the university. He responded and basically said I was lazy and waiting until the last minute. I explained that I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and when I'm on I work 7 days a week, 12.5 hours a day and I spend time each night working on my upcoming assignments. He continued to argue and I turned to student affairs. They failed to respond at all.

So After 4 days I emailed the school and told them to drop me immediately. A couple days later the instructor emailed and said there was a misunderstanding and it was okay now if I turn in assignments as scheduled. He said the deadline was already past but he would be okay with them being late since he now knew I was going to withdraw and he wouldn't receive payment for my attendance. I told him I am withdrawing as I knew that I would be scrutinized with every assignment and watch my GPA plummet. I was not willing to put up with the lack of support from student affairs and the drama of this teacher any further. He had no right to judge me on my study habits or make the rude comments on me being lazy. I don't think working 90 hours a weeks while attending college would be consideration for a lazy person. Not to mention raising three daughters and caring for my wife and live in mother-in law.

In any case, a few months later, I was contacted by CTU student accounts telling me I owed them $800 for this course I was in for a week. A course that was never taught because of their instructor changing the curriculum due dates. Due dates I could not have possibly met with my schedule. Most instructors are very understanding but some of them are not. This one was not. After 5 years at CTU, with an associates and bachelor's degrees from CTU, I sure as hell don't deserve to be treated this way. I am considering going back to finish but will not do so unless they remove these bogus charges for a class I was not in.

CTU is only in it for the money, and as a business major I can appreciate that. However they need to learn from their own courses in finance and total quality management and start putting the customer, aka the student, first. I see many poor reviews and complaints about their school. They should start listening to their students and take the time to properly track and manage their finances. After all, they teach accounting and and very bad at it. They teach customer service and are terrible at it. They even require you to take an orientation and a university 101 course where they tell you to schedule your assignments around the course, which apparently this instructor didn't agree with. As we have the instructor, who barely speaks English, changing the due dates, and then telling me, the customer and student, that I'm lazy.

Before you enroll in CTU, consider another school. There are a lot of headaches and they are one of the most expensive schools and seriously have no understanding for your life and could care less. The individual instructors may show some consideration, as I have made some good friends with many of them. Some, not so much. Don't expect anything to go well with financial aid or student accounts. They cannot handle anything beyond basic input. If it goes outside of this, they will do nothing to help you. They do not tell you about the $150 graduation fee which gives you your actual degree. I was a little put off by that.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't enroll, I'm just saying you should expect crappy service outside the classroom and sometimes within and other institutions will probably be cheaper for the same level of education. I might also add that they offer experimental programs such as Intellipath that they unleash onto the students that is untested and was extremely crappy in the beginning. They have fixed many of the bugs, but at the cost of the students grades.

It wasn't about knowing the material, it was about knowing how to answer, in many cases, word for word typing of paragraphs. The only way to learn the answer was to guess and fail the first time around and getting the missed answers and achieving an improved score the 2nd or 3rd time through the questions. And then I should also tell you that CTU will occasionally raise the cost of tuition in the middle of your degree program and there is nothing you can do but either pay the higher costs or drop out.

Colorado Technical University

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with CTU. We wish you all our best on your future endeavors.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I attended CTU-Online for 2+ years to obtain my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. I found many of the Criminal Justice classes to be very informative and allowed you to learn all aspects of the Criminal Justice system. I liked that many of the assignments had very structured standards but also allowed for you to choose your own topics to write about. For example, if we had to write about the legalities of Search and Seizure and the 4th Amendment, we were allowed to choose our own case laws and how it backs up our thoughts instead of being told which case-laws we had to learn about. This allows a more valuable approach because after many semesters you begin to learn many of the case-laws surrounding the different amendments.

I had my bump in the roads, and some professors had different standards in regards to the writing procedures than others, but in the end if you pay attention, do your assignments on time, and actually give 100% you’ll end up fine in the end. I also found the classes to be very helpful for the classes that were a bit tough. You can have Q&A's in there and you can learn a lot from the professors with real-world experience. I graduated Cum Laude, all while I attended this university while serving in the military, going through a police academy and in the end working full time as a Peace Officer. These courses have already helped me in the world of law enforcement and the understanding of the structure of the laws we enforce. Overall I thought this university was good and was better than the 2 previous colleges I had attended. I learned a lot throughout these courses and would recommend them to friends.

CTU was an experience that gave me a better understanding about what my limitations and abilities in the work/school environment. Learning more about myself along with the necessary academics has allowed a growth in understanding that is priceless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colorado Technical University?

Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management - I have enjoyed the time I spent here while getting my degree. I have learned a lot both from the faculty and my fellow students. The classes were well organized. The whole staff was very friendly. Thank you very much.

I was the first in my family to get a degree--and now I have my Doctorate in Management. The faculty, staff and mentors at CTU really worked hard to help me achieve my goals. Their expertise and insight was invaluable and without them I would not have finished. From the beginning they encouraged me to think about my dissertation topic and were there for me all the way. Fantastic experience! I can't say thank you enough. I would recommend CTU to everyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Accounting - The CTU online experience was the greatest! I feel so privileged to have attended such a fantastic University. This experience has given me the knowledge to make the best of the rest of my life! I would recommend this experience to anyone!

I was able to earn my Bachelors degree while I worked a full-time job and it paid off in the end! Now I work in the industry in which I studied. Each and every student's experience will be different based on the effort and time in which you dedicate to the program. Make the best of your time in each class and don't procrastinate!

At the age of 44 I would have never thought I could finish my Master's with a family and working a full-time job. I would like to share with other. With God and positive friend all things are possible. I really enjoyed the staff.

My experience was a great one. When I began, I was unsure how I would be able to fit in a full-time doctoral studies program with a full-time career which requires much travel outside of the country in addition to family responsibilities. However, the program is set up to keep you on track and I received extremely valuable advice from Dr. ** and my fellow cohort members. Staying ahead of deadlines was the key to success!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

CTU has changed my life tremendously! Many many doors have opened for me since I finished my Accounting degree. It is a good school for the student that has more than school to worry about. The teachers were always helpful and willing to help you if you put in the time and effort. Thanks to those countless teachers I got to where I am.

My experience was challenging, frustrating, ongoing and relentless, and overall absolutely wonderful. I am grateful and humbled, I feel like I have achieved a dream of my entire family... I am the 1st in my family to receive this MBA Human Resources degree. I thank you so much CTU for all you have helped me accomplish.

This has been a wonderful experience attending CTU. Being employed full time with many personal obligations, the online education environment was perfect for me. Although stressful at times with the very accelerated pace, I was able to maintain my composure (most of the time) and graduate with Magna Cum Laude honors. I would recommend this college to anyone looking for an easy means to obtain education. The greatest thing for me was the Fast Track opportunity that helped me speed through some of my courses. Thanks CTU #IAMCTU

Taking the online courses has been so helpful and amazing. I am able to fulfill my mother, wife, and caretaker duties and still be able to be in school. All the instructors I have worked with are amazing.

International Business - This was a really good, challenging experience. As classes went on, they got a bit tougher which was great. The instructors were always helpful, even after hours. Career svcs. always helped when I had a question. And though I've had about 4 of them, my student aid/counselor was always there for me when I needed them.

Resolution In Progress

Colorado Technical University

Our ombudsman has reached out via email to provide clarification around your concerns and work with you towards resolution. We hope that our effort to resolve your complaints has renewed your faith in our university and that you now feel CTU deserves a better rating. If this is the case, we encourage you to revise the review to reflect the assistance you were provided. We’re committed to your success. Thank you!

Original review: June 9, 2017

I decided attended CTU online about a year and a half ago because I was a new mother to newborn twins and figured online schooling may be easier. During my last session, my babies were constantly sick and trying to juggle doctor's visits and school work had just become overwhelming so I made the decision to withdraw. During the withdrawal process, I questioned the rep several times about if I would owe anything to the school for withdrawing early. I was repeatedly assured that I wouldn't because financial aid had covered the part of the session I have completed. Fast forward a year and a half and now I cannot order my transcripts because I have a balance that I was assured would not exist.

So I am pretty aggravated with the fact that if I want to further my education, I have to pay this school all of this money that I do not have being a single mother of 3. And there's nothing that can be done about it because the rep failed to inform me that if I withdrew, there would be a possibility of my financial aid being retracted, leaving the responsibility of the balance to me. This is completely ridiculous and I am very upset at the fact that I was not informed of all possible outcomes. Had I known then, I wouldn't have withdrew and would have just tried to tough out the remainder of the session. Now they're contacting me daily to re-enter their school. I would never.

Colorado Technical University

Original review: June 3, 2017

I just graduated with high honors from Colorado Technical University with an Associate of Science degree in Health Administration Services. My student advisor was real helpful in signing me up for college, when I was feeling a bit anxious. You see I am 58 years young and my last school time was in 2004. My goal (listed in a chat with the admissions advisor) was to learn Billing and Coding, along with the other classes I was to receive. My ultimate goal was to learn Billing and Coding to PAY for my associate degree loans and earn a bachelor of science degree in Health Administrative Services and PAY for that degree, while sitting at home doing Billing and Coding.

Thanks to the prevarications inferred during my interview for signing up for university, I felt that CTU was a good fit for me, as I could study open book (my memory is not the best!), learn at my own time (CTU has a specific schedule for turning in work and attending lectures). One thing I noticed was that they were all about Socialistic classes (I had 2) and they are a Liberal college, which grated against my last nerve! Another thing I noticed was that there were NO Billing and Coding classes listed. I had a "smattering" of physiology and anatomy, and some classes were insurance and how a Dr's office might schedule or be ran, but NOTHING about Billing and Coding. I thought "maybe my certification class," my last class before graduation would have it, but NO it didn't!

And the fact that they require a fee for $150 to graduate now was not revealed to me until the last, along with the extra $433.xx I now owe them, to obtain my transcripts really makes me angry! Oh and don't leave out the extra $150 of my own dollars I am going to be required to fork out, just to get my certificate in Certified Medical Administrative Assistant that may or may not land me a job in a doctor's office or clinic; maybe even a hospital as an Admin. Now I am $25,000 in debt with student loans, I owe CTU for God knows what, I don't have the education that I signed up for, even though I earned a 3.99 GPA AND I do not feel I have the tools to even sign up to be an admin in healthcare! If you are looking for an online university, don't choose this one! Choose one wisely, but not this one! Pissed off with a ** AS in Texas!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I enrolled into CTU back in 2014, I had did research and like most do I weighed the pros the cons along with my needs and made the decision to give CTU a try, I regret that decision, and this is why. When I enrolled I spoke with a nice young woman named Aricelli. She was in admissions, she was not pushy, very helpful during the whole process. I am well aware that the enrollment counselors are usually measured on the students that enroll so I can see why they try and sell the benefits of their institution. When working with admissions and asking my questions everything sounded wonderful. I was told I would have full support that the instructors worked very hard along with many other things that would sound appealing to a prospective student. I went ahead and enrolled and for the first couple years I was doing very well for myself.

In February of 2016 that is when I started to experience hardships. I had lost my job in February which was a huge problem since I am the main income source of my family. Though I have no children I still take care of my older mother who is not in the best health and unable to work and my half sister who is autistic and only 15. Despite this setback I still kept going and worked with my instructors. I sent emails to them letting them know that I had some hardships going on, and though they were not very helpful I was not able to drop the course and I did not want to since I was in the middle I continued to do what I was able to do.

Two months later in April I had a near fatal auto accident from a small semi truck that hit me. I was fortunate to have survived. Unfortunately I was not able to contact the school for obvious reasons. Since the accident and being in and out of the hospital along with surgeries. I still worked with my instructors, with some that helped me, but most did not and did not show any concern or respect for the fact that I did care enough about my investment in education and with CTU.

As of March 2016 I finally just became frustrated and probably spent more time calling CTU than I ever had because I had learned that I was on a warning for my performance, I explained my situation and the issues I was experiencing and the lack of help I was receiving and at this point I was frustrated and just felt that no one cared and just wanted my money. I was finally told about taking a leave which I really did need to get my affairs in order since I had struggled so the past year. I took the leave and was told that I had to return the upcoming session and complete 9 credits successfully. I was fine with this and felt it was reasonable and doable.

Upon my return I learned that I had progressed to probation and I had no prior knowledge of this. This is where I really became upset because I also learned I had to submit an appeal to remain a student with CTU. I submitted my appeal and I wrote it to the best of my ability and knowledge and received the determination today that it was denied because the board did not feel that I made changes to be successful, when I learned this I was crushed. My problem with CTU and this process is that I did reach out for help, I reached out to my instructors and coach when they were available, I continued to try despite my hardships in my courses. CTU is a for profit institution and the perception I have is that they do not have my best interest in mind. This is obvious. I realize not all schools are like this and I was hoping CTU was one of them but they are like most, out to make money.

What is worse is that someone else who never spoke with me, know anything about me is deciding what I have or have not done to improve my performance is unbelievable. I do not know many students who would after a fatal car accident still keep trying to go to school, express to their doctor about school and how important it is to me to the point that my treatment plan was done so that I am actually able to continue to go to school. I don't see many students spending money to get special desks and equipment that my health insurance does not cover so that I can continue to go to school yet rest and heal from surgery. During my leave I had made arrangements to get help so I can have focus time for school because I really want to succeed but that has now been taken away from me based on an appeal board who denied me that opportunity.

Lastly, what is worse is CTU did not give me all the tools I needed to succeed because had I known my options or was aware I could have made changes way beforehand. I spoke to a coach when I received my appeal and though he had empathy I felt like I was being blamed. Life happens and CTU made me believe that they would help and it all was nothing but a big lie. I have had a lot of inconsistency, when I reached out for help all the options were not given to me, and not once did anyone bother to help guide me after my accident. The intervention is the bare minimal and yes I know I failed 12 credits however, I cannot wrap my head around how someone despite all the obstacles that have been thrown my way and how I have reached out for help with little to none given who wants to be successful be denied that opportunity.

If I knew that my withdrawal was based purely on my doing then my dismissal would be rightfully justified, in this case that is far from true. So in the end, CTU once again failed another student, took their money and moved on. For me I am left with nothing to show for, I've been judged based on a letter which can not even come close to expressing the hardship I went through and show my determination. I am several thousand dollars in debt and have been lied to and made a fool of. I'm hurt and very disrespected and for the close friends I did recommend who are also having issues and considering leaving will be doing so and the word CTU will never come out of my mouth again as far as recommending to get an education, I would truly recommend to think hard and look at all options before coming to CTU.

Colorado Technical University

Hi there - we regret that you've felt unsupported through your health issues. We understand that student advising was recently able to assist you and wish you all the best as you continue your education at CTU. We hope that you'll consider updating your review if you feel your concerns have been adequately addressed, or we encourage you to contact us directly at help@coloradotech.edu for additional support.

Original review: May 22, 2017

When I had enrolled I was dealing with health issues. I let the student advisor know this as well as the instructor. With the exception of two of them I got no understanding. No chance to make up. Even got put on probation. The new students advisors advice, "Well if you don't feel like you can meet the requirements...don't appeal." Just very uncaring and not professional and poor access to resources to do the assignments. The Intellipath I like the best though.

Hi Mary -

Sorry to hear you are concerned about the value of your degree and the experience you have had. You bring up a number of issues and I am happy to address each of them.

- The technical fee is necessary, and not uncommon at universities, to cover much of the technology that is provided to you. CTU is proud to provide a mobile app so that you can access your classes on the go, a virtual campus with learning libraries, online tutoring among other technology related aspects.

- Our financial aid team releases stipends in accordance with rules provided by the Department of Education. The rumor you heard regarding the reason for the delay in your stipend is untrue. While it may not have been released within the time frame you preferred, it was released within the appropriate time frame required. You also mention concerns about your loan amounts. The best way to reduce the amount you owe is to only borrow what you need for your education. If you are taking stipends regularly your balance will increase and it will take you longer to pay back because you have increased your balance. Our financial aid team is available to discuss your concerns, and I will ask a representative to get in touch with you to discuss.

And finally - We care about our students and their experiences with us. We attempt to address all students concerns and find that while concerns are addressed and resolutions are made, many people do not update their reviews to reflect the changes. In addition, while our reviews in some places are not overwhelming positive, we ask that you also look at places such as Facebook where the majority of our students leave reviews, which is over 800 reviews. In addition, we do have many successful graduates. We like to share some of their successes on our Facebook page and welcome you to take a look.

I hope you find this information helpful and that you consider CTU for your bachelors. I see that you are in regular contact with your success coach and ask that you speak to her further about your concerns as you make decisions regarding your future education. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I am getting ready to graduate from Colorado Technical University with a Associate degree. I wish I would of looked them up on ConsumerAffairs and on College Mill Police before registering. They charge a whole lot of money and you're paying student loans back the rest of your life. In 2015, CTUO (Colorado Technical University Online) started charging a technical fee of $125.00 every couple of courses. Every online student is charged this. If you stop and think about it, that is a whole lot of money CTU receives for a technical fee. Is that really necessary?

I have had trouble with receiving my financial aid Pell Grant money. It can sit there posted for over 2 weeks like it did me at Christmas (2016). No one wanted to help me or explain to me why. One answer I received was, "Since it is such a large amount and there are so many students to receive money they ran out of money and we're waiting on more to be submitted from the gov".

I have read other consumer complaints that worry me. One man said he ran out of his financial aid help in the middle of getting his Bachelor degree which I want to go on to do after getting my Associate degree in August of 2017. Now, I am looking into other colleges because of his complaint. I am worried though that a lot of my credits will not transfer. I read a lot of complaints on graduates were not getting hired because they graduated from CTU. That now worries me.

I have spoken to knowledgeable, professional, well-educated people about CTUO and was told I would be paying my student loans back for the rest of my life if I was to go on with getting my Bachelor's degree. I am now researching other colleges to go on to get my Bachelor degree. So, people research online colleges first before signing your life away.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Amy - We have attempted to contact you to discuss your concerns but have been unable to connect. If you could please contact the campus operations manager at your earliest convenience we would appreciate it. We hope all is well with you.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have been attending CTU since 2015 and I am set to have BA in Criminal Justice Human Services in December. I have had many experiences here at the school. I was bullied out of the Criminal Justice Club and was never told that the students' actions were inappropriate or anything and actually the BULLY now runs the club. I told instructors about a student asking me to copy my papers and they did nothing to correct the problem and this student is still attending even though she cheats and uses other people's work. I went to the department chair asking for help to choose a degree because I wanted to be a Chemical Dependency Counselor and I was told to take the Human Service degree. And that was all the information that was given to me. Well I found out through an instructor that the degree was not good enough and I also had to go through many years of certification to get my CAC license.

When I found a training center to work on my CAC I found out that the human service degree doesn't count that I would have to petition the board to get them to accept it. Then they do not offer master levels of the classes that they have bachelor degrees in. I take the same amount of classes every quarter and the stipend I receive is always different and now all of a sudden I am getting 4 different returns and no one knows why or has an explanation. They better not be pulling more money without notifying me and using up all of loans/grants. I will be transferring to another college for my MA.

No response received

Colorado Technical University

Hi Janet - We are sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the graduation fee. Our ombudsman's office has reached out to you via email to discuss your concerns and work towards resolution. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and should we find an appropriate resolution, please update your review.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have went to CTU and obtained my associates then bachelor's and most recent my masters in 2017. I realize the policy has changed and now you are charged a 200 grad fee. My problem with this is I wasn't charged until after I finished classes a week after. I got my last siphon the beginning of March which I could have paid then. Now I had to file bankruptcy because of Med. So now I have a degree but I don't have a degree. Nice way to appreciate your students.

I completed a BS degree in Software Engineering at CTU. Five years later I graduated from an Ivy League institution (Harvard) with an MA degree. I then returned to CTU for a Doctorate in Computer Science. I was self-pay throughout, and never had any type of financial aid issue. In fact, when I ran into some financial challenges along the way, CTU worked out a payment plan to keep me in school.

I am quite surprised when I see some of the negative reviews regarding tuition, loans, etc. All I can say is I think that some people fail to take charge of their education. While it might not be true of all of the complaints I've seen here, I can say from personal experience that I saw a number of students at both CTU and Harvard that were chronic complainers. These people expected to be catered to like they were helpless children. Later they were shocked when their lack of communication, skipped classes, late assignments, and general poor scholarship resulted in failing grades. You get out of it what you put into it, people! I have no regrets or complaints about the quality of the education. In fact, quite a few of my doctoral professors at CTU were of the same caliber as my professors at Harvard.

No response received

Colorado Technical University

Hi Kylie -We take all student and alumni concerns seriously and are sorry to hear of your experience. Due to the complexity of your concerns, if you are open to discussing your situation and working towards a resolution, I would suggest you contact our Ombudsman at Help@coloradotech.edu. Please provide your student ID number (if available), your full name at the time of enrollment, as well as a detailed explanation regarding your concern.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I attended CTU online twice, stupid move on my part. I was enrolled for Cj with a minor in Human services. The first time I attended the school I had to drop out because of "lack of funds". Couldn't understand that considering I hadn't used anything for loans due to being a military spouse. The second time (after I paid the school off) I was told that I would be sent my diploma in the mail, along with the transcripts I was requesting within two weeks of graduation... here I sit 2 years later with nothing. I have called the school and get the same run around each time... I have not completed my classes. I owe the school money, and funny they can't find me in the system but yet I STILL get emails asking me to return.

I never got my loans from my last semester of school and then come to find out that I have THOUSANDS of dollars in student loans that I did NOT take out because I was no longer enrolled because I thought I had completed all of my classes and was being issued a diploma. The last time I was able to look at anything online I should have graduated with a 3.68 but I have nothing to show for it except MAJOR student loans!!

Colorado Technical University

Congratulations on your achievements Shaquanna and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. #CTUgrad #CTUstrong

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I am a 2x graduate of Colorado Technical University. I completed my Associates back in 2010. The classes vary. You have some difficult and you have some which are fairly easy. You get out of the programs what you put into it. So please don't expect to register for classes and never crack open a book and turn in assignments when you want to. If you do those things your outcome will not be great. Yes, CTU is rather pricey but I knew that going into the program at the time there wasn't as many choices for online programs as we have today.

I have advanced in my current position several times. Advancement is not going to happen overnight people. A lot of companies still require experience. Since receiving my Bachelor's degree in December 2016 I went on 2 interviews and I am currently awaiting the outcome. My degree is recognized and accepted, matter of fact I had several companies tell me how professional my resume look and they also said that every claims to have a degree but no one provides a transcript any more. So sometimes you have to ask yourself what are you doing wrong and what can you do to change and get the best experience. Just remember everything isn't for everybody, but CTU is for me and I am proud to be CTU strong. I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and I did it! My education is something that can never be taken from me! #CTUSTRONG #CTU2016GRADUATE

Colorado Technical University

Hi Cynthia - I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I would like to have an advisor reach out to you and further discuss your concerns. If you are open to discussing, could you please send us a message with a good number to reach you at?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I received my assoc. degree in science medical coding and billing, I continue with CTU to get my bach. degree in business (science healthcare information management). My dreams were shut down by a fire to my house, a bad electrical fire. I contact the school cause I came to CTU as a disabled student and they knew it. My house on fire was devastating to me. I lost a lot, and dealing with insurance company and everyone else including the city took 10 months.

When I told CTU of my issues, it was the last day in November, they were called because I had a class I would not be attending that night. Colorado technical university gave me until the next class which was in February of the next year. I haven't even got an estimate yet, but I was kick out of school. I used online school because of my disabilities, I couldn't at the time, even had a place to live until my house was ready. I had 6-7 classes to go before I was to graduate. I did get a bill from the loans.

At one time CTU was rated highly by Forbes, one of the best school out of 50 in the United States, and they were in the top twenty's school. I enjoyed my instructors, was on the dean lists, and I was proud of myself. But when CTU had fires especially around July almost every year I attended I had to wait on classes to begin, and didn't get to walk across their stage for my associate degree because of a wildfire in Colorado. So for the unconcern of issues that happens to students sometime I give them 1 star. Never talk to my school advisor since getting my associate degree.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Lisa - Sorry to hear about your concerns. Your experience is not in line with our standards and we would like the opportunity to discuss it. I see that a manager in our Financial Aid team had attempted to contact you on two occasions since you had written this review, but hasn't been able to connect with you. I have asked her to once again reach out in an attempt to discuss your concern.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I attended CTU about 3 years ago. I knew something was not right when they forced me to sign papers to get student loans. I didn't need to get a loan. My Advisor told me that I head to sign it because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to attend school as well as telling me that the paper didn't mean I would actually get a loan. It was to educate me about loans. I ended up signing the paper believing what she said. I withdrew out of school after my third semester. A few weeks later I got a letter from the student loan company saying I owe 15,000. I didn't know I had gotten a loan because I was paying for school out of pocket. So now I tried to call the school to fix it, they don't ever answer the phones, I left messages to call me back, and if I do get through, I am on hold for a ridiculous amount of time.

My first 2 classes went well but then the 3rd class went crazy. I dropped the first time then re-enrolled in it the next semester. 3 days into the class we had a paper due so I turned it in and received an F for my effort the next day. That was the first time I received less than an A in my entire college experience. When I contacted the instructor to discuss the grade he started in on how great of guy he was and when he went to school he had to work and go to school at the same time. When I asked about the grade again he said "Hey I'm just doing what the school told me to do." When I asked what that was supposed to mean he said he was just doing as he was told. So hung up and typed up my withdrawal from the class. That was 2 days before the cut-off deadline. The school decided to ignore the email until the day after the deadline and then informed me that I would have to pay for the class anyway.

I believe that what the school told him to do was flunk random students. There is no other explanation for what I saw and that does constitute fraud. How much could CTU have made by flunking random students over the years. I am not surprised but the mass of grievances piled up on this place. They used student making minimum wage to discuss this with me and I was never able to discuss this with anyone in administration. They still have an collection agency hounding me for the class I never took. I now owe $12,000 for taking 2 classes at CTU of which I received a whopping $1600. This place is absurd.

The complaint I have and message that consumers should be informed of, particularly students wishing to receive their education via online from Colorado Technical University (CTU), is that for the most part they can expect diversity as involving culture parallel of quality instructors. For the most part, that has been my experience. Aspiring matriculating students should also be aware of the urgent need for working independently in order to acquire the level of learning essential to proper success. Although there will probably be some instructors who appear not to be as efficient and caring as others, the general situation is that counselors/academic coaches will be available to assist where possible.

Now as concerning finances CTU is somewhat expensive; it is not a nonprofit. This is not to suggest that nonprofit educational institutions are not to be trusted. One must decide for himself the type that best suits his specific desires and needs. Nevertheless, there is nothing quite as important as being prepared, which brings me to the conclusion.

If a student is on a tight budget such as that circumstances require immediate access to financial aid pertinent to disbursement of refunds, the designated allowable 14-day period may be more of a window to escape the wait than for some more student-centered, colleges. Even so, this may not in every instance occur. Just realize that after students tuition and fees have been paid and additional funds are remaining for the creation of an eligible stipend one should relax and pray (for 14 days to pass quickly; just call the creditors and hopefully they will grant mercy).

So pray hard, while preparing for a delay in case patience happens to be among one's short-leashed virtues. For maintaining a mindset of hope alone can help in establishing an individual's character. On a personal note, CTU is not the problem. Certain persons in positions of authority at times will seem to have lost their way, but this could be the case at any organization. This may be why a certain flexibly dynamic type, whose propensity for managing problems is strong, would likely be the kind of student better suited to answer the call to attend CTU.

Why? The answer lies within elements of focus attributive of environments in need of balance, which is reportedly why many CTU students and alumni enjoy the challenge. What an amalgamation of ideas and mix of interests! Well, if you were looking for a put-down of this university, I am afraid this is the best put-down that I can offer; because it is as the old adage relates: What a person makes of a situation is usually what he gets [gains].

Colorado Technical University Company Profile