coloradotech.edu

CTU allowed me to receive my BSBA in 2 and a half years! The faculty and students that I have come across in my journey have all been helpful and eager to assist. I would absolutely recommend CTU to any professional looking to better themselves while still maintaining a regular work life.

I attended CTU for my masters in management in 2008. I found the courses to be very beneficial to my career and goals. I especially enjoyed the online chats. They give you an opportunity to interact with your professors and classmates on a weekly basis. I decided to pursue my doctorate and enrolled in Colorado Technical University Doctor of Management program. I am in my second year and again my experience is amazing!! My professors are professionals and highly respected in their fields. I am learning so much. I love the symposiums we are required to attend. They present an opportunity to meet your faculty and staff as well as classmates. I have made many connections and formed friendships through symposium. As a learner it is important to be able to interact with others in the same situation as yourself. And I still love the weekly chats!!

I attended 2 other schools for their doctoral program and they were not a good fit for me. I remember CTU had live chats during my masters program so I inquired and was told they do offer that in their curriculum. I was disappointed and withdrew because the school was not a good fit for me. I needed access to my professors so I could ask questions and gain better understanding. Emails took to long and there were no office hours posted. The entire experience was very impersonal. I read some really negative reviews about CTU and was compelled to share my experience. I LOVE this school and have had any negative experiences since attending.

Hi Mary -

Sorry to hear you are concerned about the value of your degree and the experience you have had. You bring up a number of issues and I am happy to address each of them.

- The technical fee is necessary, and not uncommon at universities, to cover much of the technology that is provided to you. CTU is proud to provide a mobile app so that you can access your classes on the go, a virtual campus with learning libraries, online tutoring among other technology related aspects.

- Our financial aid team releases stipends in accordance with rules provided by the Department of Education. The rumor you heard regarding the reason for the delay in your stipend is untrue. While it may not have been released within the time frame you preferred, it was released within the appropriate time frame required. You also mention concerns about your loan amounts. The best way to reduce the amount you owe is to only borrow what you need for your education. If you are taking stipends regularly your balance will increase and it will take you longer to pay back because you have increased your balance. Our financial aid team is available to discuss your concerns, and I will ask a representative to get in touch with you to discuss.

And finally - We care about our students and their experiences with us. We attempt to address all students concerns and find that while concerns are addressed and resolutions are made, many people do not update their reviews to reflect the changes. In addition, while our reviews in some places are not overwhelming positive, we ask that you also look at places such as Facebook where the majority of our students leave reviews, which is over 800 reviews. In addition, we do have many successful graduates. We like to share some of their successes on our Facebook page and welcome you to take a look.

I hope you find this information helpful and that you consider CTU for your bachelors. I see that you are in regular contact with your success coach and ask that you speak to her further about your concerns as you make decisions regarding your future education. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I am getting ready to graduate from Colorado Technical University with a Associate degree. I wish I would of looked them up on ConsumerAffairs and on College Mill Police before registering. They charge a whole lot of money and you're paying student loans back the rest of your life. In 2015, CTUO (Colorado Technical University Online) started charging a technical fee of $125.00 every couple of courses. Every online student is charged this. If you stop and think about it, that is a whole lot of money CTU receives for a technical fee. Is that really necessary?

I have had trouble with receiving my financial aid Pell Grant money. It can sit there posted for over 2 weeks like it did me at Christmas (2016). No one wanted to help me or explain to me why. One answer I received was, "Since it is such a large amount and there are so many students to receive money they ran out of money and we're waiting on more to be submitted from the gov".

I have read other consumer complaints that worry me. One man said he ran out of his financial aid help in the middle of getting his Bachelor degree which I want to go on to do after getting my Associate degree in August of 2017. Now, I am looking into other colleges because of his complaint. I am worried though that a lot of my credits will not transfer. I read a lot of complaints on graduates were not getting hired because they graduated from CTU. That now worries me.

I have spoken to knowledgeable, professional, well-educated people about CTUO and was told I would be paying my student loans back for the rest of my life if I was to go on with getting my Bachelor's degree. I am now researching other colleges to go on to get my Bachelor degree. So, people research online colleges first before signing your life away.

I have been attending CTU since 2015 and I am set to have BA in Criminal Justice Human Services in December. I have had many experiences here at the school. I was bullied out of the Criminal Justice Club and was never told that the students' actions were inappropriate or anything and actually the BULLY now runs the club. I told instructors about a student asking me to copy my papers and they did nothing to correct the problem and this student is still attending even though she cheats and uses other people's work. I went to the department chair asking for help to choose a degree because I wanted to be a Chemical Dependency Counselor and I was told to take the Human Service degree. And that was all the information that was given to me. Well I found out through an instructor that the degree was not good enough and I also had to go through many years of certification to get my CAC license.

When I found a training center to work on my CAC I found out that the human service degree doesn't count that I would have to petition the board to get them to accept it. Then they do not offer master levels of the classes that they have bachelor degrees in. I take the same amount of classes every quarter and the stipend I receive is always different and now all of a sudden I am getting 4 different returns and no one knows why or has an explanation. They better not be pulling more money without notifying me and using up all of loans/grants. I will be transferring to another college for my MA.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Janet - We are sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the graduation fee. Our ombudsman's office has reached out to you via email to discuss your concerns and work towards resolution. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and should we find an appropriate resolution, please update your review.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have went to CTU and obtained my associates then bachelor's and most recent my masters in 2017. I realize the policy has changed and now you are charged a 200 grad fee. My problem with this is I wasn't charged until after I finished classes a week after. I got my last siphon the beginning of March which I could have paid then. Now I had to file bankruptcy because of Med. So now I have a degree but I don't have a degree. Nice way to appreciate your students.

I completed a BS degree in Software Engineering at CTU. Five years later I graduated from an Ivy League institution (Harvard) with an MA degree. I then returned to CTU for a Doctorate in Computer Science. I was self-pay throughout, and never had any type of financial aid issue. In fact, when I ran into some financial challenges along the way, CTU worked out a payment plan to keep me in school.

I am quite surprised when I see some of the negative reviews regarding tuition, loans, etc. All I can say is I think that some people fail to take charge of their education. While it might not be true of all of the complaints I've seen here, I can say from personal experience that I saw a number of students at both CTU and Harvard that were chronic complainers. These people expected to be catered to like they were helpless children. Later they were shocked when their lack of communication, skipped classes, late assignments, and general poor scholarship resulted in failing grades. You get out of it what you put into it, people! I have no regrets or complaints about the quality of the education. In fact, quite a few of my doctoral professors at CTU were of the same caliber as my professors at Harvard.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Kylie -We take all student and alumni concerns seriously and are sorry to hear of your experience. Due to the complexity of your concerns, if you are open to discussing your situation and working towards a resolution, I would suggest you contact our Ombudsman at Help@coloradotech.edu. Please provide your student ID number (if available), your full name at the time of enrollment, as well as a detailed explanation regarding your concern.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I attended CTU online twice, stupid move on my part. I was enrolled for Cj with a minor in Human services. The first time I attended the school I had to drop out because of "lack of funds". Couldn't understand that considering I hadn't used anything for loans due to being a military spouse. The second time (after I paid the school off) I was told that I would be sent my diploma in the mail, along with the transcripts I was requesting within two weeks of graduation... here I sit 2 years later with nothing. I have called the school and get the same run around each time... I have not completed my classes. I owe the school money, and funny they can't find me in the system but yet I STILL get emails asking me to return.

I never got my loans from my last semester of school and then come to find out that I have THOUSANDS of dollars in student loans that I did NOT take out because I was no longer enrolled because I thought I had completed all of my classes and was being issued a diploma. The last time I was able to look at anything online I should have graduated with a 3.68 but I have nothing to show for it except MAJOR student loans!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colorado Technical University?

Colorado Technical University

Congratulations on your achievements Shaquanna and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. #CTUgrad #CTUstrong

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I am a 2x graduate of Colorado Technical University. I completed my Associates back in 2010. The classes vary. You have some difficult and you have some which are fairly easy. You get out of the programs what you put into it. So please don't expect to register for classes and never crack open a book and turn in assignments when you want to. If you do those things your outcome will not be great. Yes, CTU is rather pricey but I knew that going into the program at the time there wasn't as many choices for online programs as we have today.

I have advanced in my current position several times. Advancement is not going to happen overnight people. A lot of companies still require experience. Since receiving my Bachelor's degree in December 2016 I went on 2 interviews and I am currently awaiting the outcome. My degree is recognized and accepted, matter of fact I had several companies tell me how professional my resume look and they also said that every claims to have a degree but no one provides a transcript any more. So sometimes you have to ask yourself what are you doing wrong and what can you do to change and get the best experience. Just remember everything isn't for everybody, but CTU is for me and I am proud to be CTU strong. I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and I did it! My education is something that can never be taken from me! #CTUSTRONG #CTU2016GRADUATE

Colorado Technical University

Hi Cynthia - I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I would like to have an advisor reach out to you and further discuss your concerns. If you are open to discussing, could you please send us a message with a good number to reach you at?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I received my assoc. degree in science medical coding and billing, I continue with CTU to get my bach. degree in business (science healthcare information management). My dreams were shut down by a fire to my house, a bad electrical fire. I contact the school cause I came to CTU as a disabled student and they knew it. My house on fire was devastating to me. I lost a lot, and dealing with insurance company and everyone else including the city took 10 months.

When I told CTU of my issues, it was the last day in November, they were called because I had a class I would not be attending that night. Colorado technical university gave me until the next class which was in February of the next year. I haven't even got an estimate yet, but I was kick out of school. I used online school because of my disabilities, I couldn't at the time, even had a place to live until my house was ready. I had 6-7 classes to go before I was to graduate. I did get a bill from the loans.

At one time CTU was rated highly by Forbes, one of the best school out of 50 in the United States, and they were in the top twenty's school. I enjoyed my instructors, was on the dean lists, and I was proud of myself. But when CTU had fires especially around July almost every year I attended I had to wait on classes to begin, and didn't get to walk across their stage for my associate degree because of a wildfire in Colorado. So for the unconcern of issues that happens to students sometime I give them 1 star. Never talk to my school advisor since getting my associate degree.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Lisa - Sorry to hear about your concerns. Your experience is not in line with our standards and we would like the opportunity to discuss it. I see that a manager in our Financial Aid team had attempted to contact you on two occasions since you had written this review, but hasn't been able to connect with you. I have asked her to once again reach out in an attempt to discuss your concern.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I attended CTU about 3 years ago. I knew something was not right when they forced me to sign papers to get student loans. I didn't need to get a loan. My Advisor told me that I head to sign it because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to attend school as well as telling me that the paper didn't mean I would actually get a loan. It was to educate me about loans. I ended up signing the paper believing what she said. I withdrew out of school after my third semester. A few weeks later I got a letter from the student loan company saying I owe 15,000. I didn't know I had gotten a loan because I was paying for school out of pocket. So now I tried to call the school to fix it, they don't ever answer the phones, I left messages to call me back, and if I do get through, I am on hold for a ridiculous amount of time.

My first 2 classes went well but then the 3rd class went crazy. I dropped the first time then re-enrolled in it the next semester. 3 days into the class we had a paper due so I turned it in and received an F for my effort the next day. That was the first time I received less than an A in my entire college experience. When I contacted the instructor to discuss the grade he started in on how great of guy he was and when he went to school he had to work and go to school at the same time. When I asked about the grade again he said "Hey I'm just doing what the school told me to do." When I asked what that was supposed to mean he said he was just doing as he was told. So hung up and typed up my withdrawal from the class. That was 2 days before the cut-off deadline. The school decided to ignore the email until the day after the deadline and then informed me that I would have to pay for the class anyway.

I believe that what the school told him to do was flunk random students. There is no other explanation for what I saw and that does constitute fraud. How much could CTU have made by flunking random students over the years. I am not surprised but the mass of grievances piled up on this place. They used student making minimum wage to discuss this with me and I was never able to discuss this with anyone in administration. They still have an collection agency hounding me for the class I never took. I now owe $12,000 for taking 2 classes at CTU of which I received a whopping $1600. This place is absurd.

The complaint I have and message that consumers should be informed of, particularly students wishing to receive their education via online from Colorado Technical University (CTU), is that for the most part they can expect diversity as involving culture parallel of quality instructors. For the most part, that has been my experience. Aspiring matriculating students should also be aware of the urgent need for working independently in order to acquire the level of learning essential to proper success. Although there will probably be some instructors who appear not to be as efficient and caring as others, the general situation is that counselors/academic coaches will be available to assist where possible.

Now as concerning finances CTU is somewhat expensive; it is not a nonprofit. This is not to suggest that nonprofit educational institutions are not to be trusted. One must decide for himself the type that best suits his specific desires and needs. Nevertheless, there is nothing quite as important as being prepared, which brings me to the conclusion.

If a student is on a tight budget such as that circumstances require immediate access to financial aid pertinent to disbursement of refunds, the designated allowable 14-day period may be more of a window to escape the wait than for some more student-centered, colleges. Even so, this may not in every instance occur. Just realize that after students tuition and fees have been paid and additional funds are remaining for the creation of an eligible stipend one should relax and pray (for 14 days to pass quickly; just call the creditors and hopefully they will grant mercy).

So pray hard, while preparing for a delay in case patience happens to be among one's short-leashed virtues. For maintaining a mindset of hope alone can help in establishing an individual's character. On a personal note, CTU is not the problem. Certain persons in positions of authority at times will seem to have lost their way, but this could be the case at any organization. This may be why a certain flexibly dynamic type, whose propensity for managing problems is strong, would likely be the kind of student better suited to answer the call to attend CTU.

Why? The answer lies within elements of focus attributive of environments in need of balance, which is reportedly why many CTU students and alumni enjoy the challenge. What an amalgamation of ideas and mix of interests! Well, if you were looking for a put-down of this university, I am afraid this is the best put-down that I can offer; because it is as the old adage relates: What a person makes of a situation is usually what he gets [gains].

Colorado Technical University

Hi Autumn - We are sorry you feel this way regarding your time at CTU. Our ombudsman had sent you a few emails in February 2017 regarding your balance and our attempt at resolution. If you would please confirm that you have received our correspondence we would appreciate it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

This schooI is a waste of time and money. I attended school for two years. Was running out of loans. I talked to someone in the school and was told I'd be fine and not owe the school if I quit after the class. At that time I went from owing $74 to now owing $1200 and when I called to ask why it went up, I was told I got kicked out for attendance which is not true. I was told since I owe the school I'd have to pay back $1200 before I could even sign back up. They took all my loans, charged too much for class, and none of it got me to a job just more in debt with no degree. I won't tell my enemies to join this school. I think a class action lawsuit should be started. I see I'm not the only person they did this to.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Tyneshia - I see that you have reenrolled to continue your education with CTU and hope your experience is off to a great start. As your experience evolves with us, we ask that you continue to update your review to reflect your experience. We are sorry that you felt your prior experience was not up to par and hope that your continued experience is much improved.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I don't know where to start! I attended Colorado Technical University back in 2011-2013. In 2013 I was forced to withdraw because I maxed out my government loans. At that point I only had two more classes to take. I tried working out a payment plan with financial aid but I was told that I had a prior balance (which I did not know anything about). I was very confused on how I accumulate a balance. No one reached out to me. I became very frustrated because no one didn't help me or advise me on what I should do. Every private student loan I applied for couldn't approve me because CTU wasn't in network. I called the school and financial aid advise me that I have to apply for a personal loan from a bank or pay out of pocket.

This year November I re-enrolled so I could complete my degree. Finally my advisor told me that I will have to take five classes because the program changed. I was upset about that but I said fine when I received my schedule I had 10 classes instead of 5 classes. When I called and questioned why? I was told that the program changed and I have to take these additional classes. Now I'm stuck in a very hard place because I still owe this balance and I can't transfer my credits out. The first week of school I was advise by financial aid that I will receive a check and I can forward the check to the school to add to my balance. The second week of school I received a phone call stating that I have to pay $1400 a month for a year in order to complete my degree.

I didn't understand why according to Kelly (financial aid rep) I maxed out all my loans and financial aid. Again, I was confused and frustrated because I asked this question about financial aid the first day I enrolled. They cancel my enrollment in the middle of my class. I regret attending this school. I will not recommend this school to anyone. I read all the reviews and the situation are very similar.

I was half way through my BSIT degree program this September 2016. I noticed that I could not access my ebooks from all of my previous classes in my bookshelf. I only had access to the current class I was in. Technical support told me they were experiencing the same thing on their end and they were escalating the situation. The issue was not resolved. In a previous year a student advisor called local police, who climbed in my mother's home, to see if I committed suicide. I told her that I was with my mother and all she had to do is call my mom to confirm.

Once again, I had to withdraw from the university because the did not uphold their contractual agreements. All of my online email accounts have been hacked. Jobs don't call back, but I just get calls asking me to got back to school. The online credits don't transfer to other universities like community college. Colorado Technical University only wants your financial aid. I withdrew with a 3.41 GPA. I just wanted to study. In the process, I exposed their intent, and that is a malicious attack on my future. I had a 4.0 at one time. I also noticed they no longer give students access to the Dean's list or Chancellor's list. Some people want their proper recognition for excelling. I need a lawyer, but cannot afford one. Colorado Technical University needs to be investigated and closed. There should be a class action lawsuit filed against CTU. #CTUscam.

I did three years of "traditional school" and my employer paid 22k to finish the last year and a half online. I have also used the CLEP test to pass some classes. I can say that CTU isn't for everyone, but the degree is a good one and of course has opened doors for me. I now have made over 6 figures for over 10 years and the degree certainly has helped. There is software to check against plagiarism and I believe that the school is making strides for improving. Before you get "locked in" to paying the tuition, make sure it is the right fit for you. If an employer offers to pay for your education, I believe CTU is a great way to go.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Natarsha - Sorry to hear about your experience. We have looked into your concern and a representative from CTU will be in touch with you in the next few days to discuss a possible resolution. Should you find our resolution appropriate, we would appreciate your taking the time to update your review.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I attended CTU from October 2014 to May 2016 and graduated with honors with a GPA of 3.67. I applied for a scholarship back in February of 2016 and it was approved for 1,000 of which half applied to my account the end of July and the remainder was to be sent to me September 2016. When calling the school to ask about the funding they advised I will receive the remaining 500.00 in September but to allow 30-45 days. After this time period had passed I contacted the school again and they advised they applied it toward my student loans which I did not request them to do so. I have spoken with dozens of managers and was advised they would be crediting the account back but will then send an email telling me "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do." These people are crooks and used something I earned and do what they wanted to. This school needs to be investigated.

I attended 8 years ago and with all of the debt is have incurred for 2 degrees they have no job placement assistance for graduates. I am still doing the same job that I was prior to getting this far in debt. The financial aid department is a joke they can't add or subtract. They sent my financial aid loan back to my lender and then said they made an error so I had to take ANOTHER loan out to pay them off. I almost made the mistake of attending for my MBA but I dropped the program. Their instructors are horrible and don't show up for classes at the date/time they choose! I'm mad I let myself get this far in debt it really isn't worth it for what I received in the long run. I'll be working until I'm 78 years old to pay them back.

Colorado Technical University

Hi April - Sorry for the delayed response. I would like to look into your concern, however I am unable to find you in our student records. Could you please send us a private message with the name in which you were enrolled under and/or the phone number you used at the time of your enrollment? Thank you

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I was enrolled at CTU in 2014 for my BA in criminal Justice. I was over charged for first I was told there would be no technical fee. A month into the school and here came the 300$ online fee. The funny part about that is I purchased most of my books on Amazon for less than a dollar. Their text books were so outdated. So next the financial aid was being held from me and changing amounts all the time. Higher one would charge for other things so by the time I was able to receive my money it was next to nothing.

I was stabbed by my daughter in April 2015. I called and reported it to my councilor who still despite I had full constructive surgery on my arm put me in classes I wasn't able to attend. I was charged even though I was unable to attend these classes I filled out grievances and was never acknowledged. I was treated rudely when I would call. And now I'm being harassed by the loan people for payments. What they did was not right. I need help and don't know how to take legal action.

Colorado Technical University

Hi Stephen - From our records, I see that you were able to work with our student accounts team to resolve your concern, which is wonderful news! We would appreciate you taking the time to update your review to reflect our resolution to your issue. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

They are great at ruining your credit. I left the school a year ago and owed a few hundred that was paid. That was reasonable. I got sent to collections for 350 bucks and no one can explain why. This is after everything was settled ages ago and I got my transcript. They have my number and email. That place only exists to take your money.

Help! I have read many of these postings and will read more. I need info. My email is **. My wife was duped and scammed by CTU. She is very bright but would buy anything a front door vendor is selling. I support her judgment and did not get involved as she filled their coffers for over 5 years. $67,000! The recruiters had no judgment or sound advice as to what she was doing. During the time she was enrolled we were borderline bankrupt and then bankrupt, not a pot to pee in. Somehow they got her the loans, I'm not even sure with her permission, or she even had an idea what the tab was coming to. On top of that, although she has great skills and was (SP) Summa Cum Laude, she was 58 years old.

Why were they encouraging her to take $67,000 in loans when she was a slightly overweight, senior citizen, with an MBA in the worst recession in 80 years. She won't be offended, she agrees, young-hot MBA's get jobs. So now we're retired but we cannot afford bowling or going out to dinner. I can't get loans. Our debt to income ratios suck, because of the student loans. Why would this system, the lenders-govt-online schools just hand out this money to someone who has a maybe 10% chance of repaying it? Anyone know of a support group, attorney, class action? I'm getting all her loan docs, transfers, what classes they were for etc. Thanks for your input.

These teachers do not grade your papers they have the Turnitin Report. And from there that is how they are graded. They give no feedback on your papers the Turnitin does. This is the highest paid university for online schooling. I wish I would of checked into it more. They tell you you have a stipend coming and turn around and they take it. How do all these schools get away with this crap and get paid for it???

I have attended CTU since April 2016, all my loans covered my classes completely for the year in May. By June I applied for additional loans to help with my expenses and only received $300 dollars of that. They even take all of the Pell grant. If all my classes were paid how is it that I only received an additional 300 dollars. Nobody wants to tell me, they say "let's calculate" and I enrolled today. I am not stupid and will be filing a complaint.

God how I wish I had researched this school before I enrolled. I was excited to start college so went with CTU since they were so FAST in getting me enrolled, all that. But, now I see that they do hold stipends. I received a notice in my email in May and June that CTU was receiving funds from my financial aid. I figured I would get a stipend as I am single, disabled and have 3 children with no child support, VERY low income and since CTU received money in January and April, I received stipends each time, I figured one was coming after CTU received theirs. Nope. Now, I'm sitting here after receiving the SAME financial report from CTU, this month that I got in June yet my stipend is said to be $550 (normally they are $1400+). CTU's accounts have been credited with the SAME amounts as before, when my stipends were $1400+ and calling the financial aid department does not one bit of good.

They will NOT explain to you how your monies are distributed. I even Sat on hold for 35 minutes the other day listening as someone would pick the line up, push a button for a recording, put the phone back down... over and over and over again. The system had given me an estimated wait time of 7 minutes. This school is highly unprofessional and I am not understanding how it is accredited. In an accredited, respected, college the staff understands that without their students they have no jobs. WHY does the staff at CTU give vague replies? WHY do some of the professors ignore your questions or not respond to you? WHY are they so rude to the ones filling their own bank accounts?

I really wish I had a professional to explain the accounts section at CTU to me as there are many amounts listed in the ($$$), but I didn't receive anything. I have been enrolled at CTU since November of 2014 with a LOA from Oct/15-Jan/16 when my eldest and only daughter died and I have received stipends FOUR TIMES! That is IT! First two were around $800 (2014) as they had talked me into the Fast Track classes, which I did pass, but they cost me the same amounts as a full term class I guess? I don't know as they would not explain it but I got credits for taking ONE TEST. I guess CTU believes that this allows for charging a student full price for a class since they got the credits for passing the test? I don't know but the federal government needs to step up in CTU because there's some major bad going on somewhere because they say they have no staff.

They say this and that when it comes to releasing stipends yet in January my stipend came BEFORE CTU received their monies! I have the records to prove it! I actually got my stipend at the appropriate time, at the same time other colleges release them, at the start of the term, not the end. That's what these monies are applied for, to help us get through school but so far I've had to fund my own supplies, take money out of bill money to pay for paper, pens, my virus protection I feel I must have now since I am going to school online. (I am DIRT POOR, for real). I hadn't received a financial statement so it shocked me to open my emails and see that stipend. The next day I received the notice for the financial statement, so there is absolutely NO REASON for them to hold stipends. They have enough staff to get paid. They have enough staff to properly process stipends, not hold them for weeks at a time.

By the way, last stipend I waited for an entire MONTH to get. Sure did. That money gains interest, in whatever account they hold it in... it's gaining interest. I wonder just how much CTU has gained in illegally holding LOAN AMOUNTS (mine are LOANS and NOT GRANTS), for weeks or more? I confronted my student coach (the last one) about all this and I received a new student coach. That says it all and I'm all for a civil lawsuit against this school as I waited for my opportunity to come back around, in my life, to go back to school after having my babies and getting them all in school and now this? My dream is crumbling as if this school is that sneaky and corrupted then the degree I will receive won't be worth a damn dime while I'll be in debt for 10's of thousands of dollars. I keep receiving financial statements that state the SAME AMOUNTS that CTU is receiving yet this stipend will be $1000 less than the last two?

That doesn't make sense. I'm still full-time, have 3 classes this term and my GPA is a 3.88 so I feel like I am not trusted by CTU, that they hold MY MONEY (not grants, don't forget this... they are LOANS even though I am in the lowest income bracket there is in this country) because they believe I will take it and run? Drop out? Please! I can understand first year students, the FIRST term... holding them, but after that, no. I'm a grown woman with bills and children whose summer sucked again because CTU holds their mother's loan monies and also rips her off.

If anyone out there can help me, please email me at ** and put CTU HELP in the subject line please. I'm disabled and trying to get back into life and this is just knocking me down, down, down. I was depending on this stipend for school clothes and supplies, one summer activity, for my children and now it's going to be $500? I feel helpless as CTU sure will NOT answer questions or confirm where the monies are going, the amounts they receive each term (again) are the SAME yet my stipends differ? Something's up. I have added a picture of what I also sent CTU asking them to explain all this to me. If anyone has the knowledge to help me figure this out, since CTU WILL NOT... please email me. Thank you.

This is by far the worst college I have attended. First of all they are overpriced and have hidden fees that they don't originally disclose such as a $125 technology fee. Secondly if you plan on learning at this school, you need to be prepared to teach yourself. My third issue with this school is that they make you beg for your stipend. They act like they have to pay the money back instead of you. They get mad at you for calling and basically tell you that they are going to take the maximum amount of time because you called. For all of these reasons this is a terrible school which led me to the decision to withdrawal and go back to traditional college.

Can I sue these people for the injuries I suffered in 12-26-2015 that are now permanent? I am a vet who is in the extreme advanced stages of a terminal illness. Stress is my number one killer that lead to multiple heart failures. I have the worst case of P.A.D in medical history of the UW Medical Center in Washington state according to the University of Washington. My case way fully studied and I was deemed disabled immediately and was told I may have two years. That was in 2007.

In 2008 or 9 I cannot remember, I tried to join an online college by the name of Colorado Tech University online. During the enrollment process for criminal justice courses, I became very ill and never completed the enrollment nor did I sign any final paperwork. I then called the school and informed them I changed my mind and would not be attending. I was assured by my military liaison, and CTU staff it would not be an issue, and I would be removed from the system.

Two years later I learned this school never unenrolled me and had been defrauding the US government. Colorado Tech University used my name for over two years taking federal aid payment, or processing them at min using my name and I was not a student. I never once set foot online or off on their campus ever after I surpassingly unenrolled. This is 100 percent unacceptable and was not approved by myself. I was furious as they took well over 20,000.00 of my education fund and held it in their system. If I had tried to or enrolled elsewhere I would of learned 75 percent of my first degree funds were missing and held by Colorado Tech University.

Ok now two years went by before I finally did enroll and my health was better for a while. I signed up for medical administration. After about three months I learned the school website rather well and found all my CTU documentation. This is where I learned about the two years they took my money. I was confused why there is two accounts in my name. So began a series of calls to the school inquiring about those funds. CTU ignored my request and refused to answer me why they took that money with zero permission. This went on for weeks with no resolve. Each time these people became more and more hostile to the point it became a swearing match and screaming over the phone. The issue was never resolved.

Next I get really sick from the stress this has caused. I also forgot to mention I have PTSD in the form of provoke rage. It takes someone to set me off. I don't just go nuts without provoking from another. When I get this way it lead to heart failure. Twice during my admission I had a heart attack after fighting with CTU staff. When I called to get recovery time off and a medical refund excuse for the class not complete I was refused both times. They stole my federal aid then rebilled me again.

Then later I was put in a class where the teacher was a friend of the very same people in the aid department. This teacher immediately starts falsifying my grade and began failing me deliberately with F grades. I have never got Fs in my lifetime. I'm a straight A student. So I call the school immediately and demanded a full refund and be placed with a new teacher where all of a sudden I was getting As again for the exact same class.

I was double billed again. This situation has happened at least 6 to 7 times. Cost close to 15,000.00 in stolen federal aid. Then I learn other students lots of them were having this exact same issue with this school stealing and when students complained they were terrorized or ignored like myself. For three year I fought, screamed and cussed at these people demanding a refund back to the feds. CTU refused and took my paperwork for the funds in question offline and erased the information from the CTU system. Now there is only blank pages posted.

Next in 2015 I was placed in a class with a man as a teacher. The day before the end of our session we had one last live chat online. The entire class was asked to join. Not one student showed up out of 30 plus students. This raised a red flag. Next 15 minutes into the class there is a knock on a door where this teacher is located. It was a women who came into his class. Next thing I know the teacher vanishes into the background with this women and all I could hear on my end was what sounded like sexual noises. Now my issue is I paid for this class and it was not a class at all. In fact there were no class duties performed at all. That day I was just ripped off plain and simple.

Next I immediately called this school and filed a complaint. At this point I was enraged by what just happened as we had children around that day. I scream and cussed. Yes and I called the police in Colorado where the school is located and the F.B.I in Colorado and Florida where the teacher is located. I also called higher education department. CTU denied all allegation claiming the teacher did zero wrong. Well I have the digital recording proving otherwise.

Ok before we go on back. When I was denied time off the first time in 2012 or 2013 I can't remember my contract was clearly breached by the school multiple times that year alone. I was forced to call the highest authority. They called CTU warning them of the breach. CTU refused me time off again and this time started a all-out fight on the phone with some ** women. Again I was stressed to the point of dropping after that fight and required medical assistance. At this point the education general officer was furious and called CTU immediately. The very next day CTU gave me the time off by force of hand by the state of Colorado.

If you have ever seen any form of CTU advertising or talk to a admission advisor they will clearly tell you one can come and go as they like. I was told from day one there would never be a issue taking time off, my classes would be held and the funds returned for future use. Well let me be the first to tell you folks this. When you try to leave these people become bullies immediately. Not all of them but a select few I had personal run in with.

Ok after all of this nightmarish hell I went through I let things cool down for a while. Then CTU starts sending me emails asking me a veteran to support a wounded warrior program for future students. Wow. The gall these people have asking me a question like that. I responded immediately telling them exactly what I thought after the hell I was put through and nearly died twice from the abusive treatment I got from CTU staff. I basically told CTU's president to go screw himself and told them exactly why. This is very upsetting to me as a vet that these terrorist staff are out there promoting the wounded warrior programs. REALLY. These jerks told me to my face twice they did not give a crap about my health or my situation and if I continued I would be violated right out of school.

Right away this school sent multiple violations in a attempt to scare me into submission so I would shut up about all this crap above. I refused and again told them exactly why. After fighting with CTU staff again over missing funds, my treatment at school, CTU staff acting like terrorist and bullies my stress level hit critical on December 26th 2015. I went down from the worst heart failure yet. This time serious permanent damage was done to my heart and I nearly died. I was minutes from death and suffered heart and spinal damage. That's now irreversible and may only have 1 year if I'm lucky maybe a little longer.

I called this school again from ICU ward the next day telling ctu what happened. Again these maniacs started arguing with me and refused my time off. A fourth breach of contract. After a week of fighting they finally gave me the time off and claimed to refund my money. They did not. Instead they waited for me to recover and immediately began stalking my email and phone daily to get me to re-enroll.

I waited and decided regardless what the terrorist are doing I still have a obligation to complete my education. So I call these people and was reenrolled only to learn one week into the class these terrorist when only wanting to be paid the very day I received my aid package from the feds CTU disburses the funds so they can get paid. They kept half of 4000.00 for that session and sent me 1500 plus as stipend to my bank account. That very same day CTU robbed my bank account stealing those funds without my permission. That was my money. Not CTU's.

Then just minutes after I find out what they did I was sent a dismissal from school notice. Their reason they claim I filed a false sexual claim against the teacher. Then they claimed I made threats of health and harm against CTU staff. This is outright slander and a lie. I never threatened a single person with anything more than laws suits and federal action against the school. I warned this school multiple times they are ripping off the wrong person for the simple fact I'm a US army national guard vet with direct ties to the White House. I was ignored.

There other issues where my foul mouth toward staff they claim. Yes I am guilty of yelling. Why? They provoked all of this not I. The only thing I did was constantly complain because I'm dying and can't get around right anymore and wanted their help correcting these issues. Instead of getting the help I needed as a handicapped vet I was terrorized and labeled by the school as a troublemaker. You're damn right I am. After someone steals thousand in my name defrauding the system. This school funding is all I have other than SSI each month. These people stole my funding and left me in the street. Now I have lost my stipends I depend on to survive. What this school did was a clear violation of my civil rights. It is discrimination, fraud, possible conspiracy, bank robbery, breach of contract and a act of retaliation by this school.

After I was kicked out and robbed again by these people I began to call them again. This time enraged by what just happened. The very next day the CTU president tried to settle with me through the Ombudsman. What this moron does not realize is the fact this Ombudsman was the one that nearly killed me in December of 2015. These people to refund my bachelor's funding for 2015-2016. Well the funds they took. Then told me I would be immediately released so I could go elsewhere.

Well that great in all but there is a massive issue. CTU used up over half the fund for my previous degree when they stole thousand from me. It would be a complete waste of time transferring to a new school as I'm short about 20,000 dollars. Thank to CTU's crap and thefts I would never graduate and these people knew this the second I reenrolled. This last time they sent me a notice telling me this. Again I was furious as there is no reason why I should be short one stinking Penny if it wasn't for their staff mishandling funds in the first place and the very reason this nightmare began. I'm lost here folks and in desperate need of a attorney. This school want to settle now. I refused their offer.

I'm seeking damages for all mentioned above. Full reinstatement back into school immediately and I'm also seeking compensation for the heart failure and the permanent damage it caused to my body for life. I also seek that CTU pay back every single Penny they received over a 5 year period from the federal aid program as well as grants paid. I have no legal responsibility for any part of it. CTU pays any, and all fines imposed by the states involved to include the federal government.

I would like CTU to pay all bachelor degree cost plus a living allowance tax free paid in full to the school of my choice in addition to any settlement won. I am also asking that CTU be banned from any form of handicapped programs if it involves federal or state funding. I also demand they be banned from any wounded warrior program worldwide as a direct result of what happened to me as a vet. I would also ask all transcript be permanently release and I be immediately reenrolled back into CTU until I see fit to leave if ever. I also ask all violation be immediately removed due to the simple fact none of this would of happened in the first place if it was not for fraud against my name. They caused and provoked all these complaints.

I am sick to death. This school is allowed to operate like a wolf advertising their sheep. These people are criminals that need to be dealt with immediately by attorney and the feds. The proof is on their servers right now. I need an attorney ASAP. Please the school is offering a settlement right now. I would like them to pay your fees as well.

The state of Colorado has just been informed again of this nightmare as of 4/2016 and plan to take action right away according to the director of higher education. This school was fully aware of my medical conditions and terminal illness from the very first day of enrollment and I reminded them monthly for well over three years only to be told they don't give a crap. Really don't federal laws say otherwise for a public school?

Below are the charges I feel are appropriate for this situation and laws broken: Discrimination by business establishments, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, immigration status, and other protected classifications. Disability Access Rights, Education Rights, including Equal Access to Higher Education. Sexual Assault on College Campuses. Breach of contract, Retaliation, Slander, Theft of federal funding and possible bank robbery.

If one was to look deep into all of this you will learn in every situation where CTU claims I violated policies. They provoked every single situation that lead to the outcome of policy violation. I only complained about missing money, staff issues and time off every single time over 3 to 5 years. As a result of CTU actions I'm tens of thousands of dollars in medical debt to the state of California. I was terrorized and bullied. My money was stolen and I have permanent physical damage to my person.

I've been retaliated against and thrown out of school and now have no federal aid thanks to these jerks and may be homeless as I no longer have a way to pay rent for housing. These people deliberately destroyed my life as a result of my complaint. Now I'm forced in a position where I'll be required to pay back the loan using what very little I get from SSI and I can't even afford to eat. At this point once monthly bill are paid I have no help and no idea how I'm going to make it. I can never work again. Please help me

P.S. Several California attorneys told me I need a personal injury plaintiff attorney in Colorado Springs. I live in California but go to school in your state online for three years now. I'm a straight A student for the most part. If a attorney read this and are interested in immediately helping resolve this matter. Please call right now. The clock is ticking as of 4-5-2016.

I attended CTU for my masters and the month before graduation I applied for student loans to cover the balance on my account prior to graduation. CTU then collect my 9/11 GI Bill and the student loans. I specifically asked to use only student loans now I no longer have any 9/11 GI Bill to use. The catch here is that CTU then returned my student loans without notifying me. I'm now stuck with a balance of over $1,000 and no way to pay the amount. I was told since I graduated there is nothing they can do.

I'm utterly disgusted with this school and regret ever attending. All they have done is rip me off financially and continue to rip off other veterans and military members for their education benefits. Now I'm unable to get my transcripts until the balance is paid and left with a debt and no financial assistance. I would never recommend this school to anyone. The university should lose its accreditation and be closed down so as to prevent other veterans from getting ripped off.

Financial Aid - Yes, they work their butts off! Admissions - Yes, they work hard! Students - Well, I did. Not sure the other stuff submitted and read in class was for real. My former ground university wouldn't have been giving A's and B's on papers like those... Plus, I submitted some very unlike me, work...when I was stoned out on anti-anxiety pills. Blood pressure and dealing with that type of stress is not a good thing. They don't care if you're financially ruined, filed Chapter 7, or on mood altering moods with a doctor's recommendation you don't pursue this.

Teachers are somewhat OK...except they are given the lesson plan by the school. How I know this? I retook a class that I was two weeks into with another instructor, and guess what? Exact same work! All of the "live chats" are the same basically, and are so boring! The presentations are not original by the teachers either. If they are...then those people need to go back for their undergrad. I owe them a fortune and their billing/collections department calls me every week if I am a few days late with my payment. When they find out you don't have $3K lying around, then they'll work with you. Just don't do it!

Rip-off, not fully accredited. Takes student loan in your name without your permission. Most online instructors never reply to messages and end up with ungraded work causing student to fail, just to try to get more money from retaking classes.

Colorado Technical University uses guerrilla marketing techniques to capture Veterans and exploit them for their GI Bills and the betterment of their FOR PROFIT status. Not only was I duped by a CTU recruiter, being told that my school would be absolutely free and everything would be taken, when in reality I had to use financial aid from the US government plus my GI Bill Awards in order to maintain enrollment, but now they are reporting me to credit bureaus, hindering my ability to obtain the small business loan I need for a semester of school that I never attended.

They are Veteran Blood Suckers and should be ashamed to call themselves "Military Friendly." I have started a magazine in Colorado Springs called Military Discount Magazine, and I will use it, as well as any other resource I can to ensure that my brothers and sisters in arms don't make the same mistake I made by trusting them with the GI BILL awards that I earned

OK I wrote some reports. Tried to get the teacher. She left no info on site or her work plus the faculty leader just plain ignored me and plus my v.a from hollow brook drive CO which will be nameless. I think she has a lot to do with it as well. Because I think the professors most of them not all have those counselors in their pockets. Preying on vets that don't kiss butt. This school tries to have all commercials. This is why they are devils working there unless you are a good butt kisser. Just saying this school has had bad rep before and they are good for not contacting you unless it's financial or something that regards those certain screwed up teachers it bad as well because most of the white female teachers are racist. I'm done with cap. I really hate this school.

I have been getting the run around from this school. I left CTU in good standing (with no money owed whatsoever) and requested transcripts to be sent to my new school. For some reason the transcripts are on perpetual hold. Although I do not owe the school any money they will not release my transcripts. I have talked to the admissions, accounts, records and registrars offices to no avail. Every person tells me they don't know why the transcripts are on hold and promise to call me back but no one ever does. I can't start at any other school until they release my transcripts which seems like will never happen. 100% unprofessional. I cannot believe this is an accredited university.

Colorado Technical University Company Profile