The College Network

With The College Network, you can earn college credit without going to class. Our Comprehensive Learning Module program will assist with obtaining credits through various well-known exams. The college credits you obtain can be applied to the Excelsior College associate degree in nursing program.

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a good experience with The College Network both during enrollment and the actual learning. I’d recommend them.

Like most other Consumer Affairs post about The College Network, I too cannot get exam checks, cannot speak with a live person and get no email response to multiple emails. I have 4 exams left to graduation and although exams fees are part of my contract, I have to pay for them on my own otherwise I won't make my graduation deadline date. Don't be fooled by this company. Not sure how I'm going to get my money back.

This place is a complete utter ripoff. I've been working on my degree for the last 4 years and I was informed that the state of California will not allow TCN students to take the boards. I was told they lost their contract with Sonoma and Indiana State. I asked her, "Where does this leave me?" I paid in full. I was basically told I'm screwed. I paid over $10,000 and I have nothing except the closet of books that are useless. The representative told me I have a lifetime agreement with them. I said, "What does that mean?" "You have 3 options. You can use it for a different degree or you can transfer what you have paid over to family member" or I can use it for a bachelor's degree later. I told her I have to start all over again. Most community colleges do not accept CLEP exam or Dante as credits. I don't have that kind of money to be transferring $10,000 towards another family members education when I need mine. Please I need help.

I was approached by a TCN employee who sold me this program. Being desperate to have my BSN in Nursing to keep my present position I was gullible. After several attempts I realize I could not do this home study program. Then after 6 months I tried to get out of the contract and I was told I am responsible for paying the entire $10,000.00 dollars. I have paid over $5,000.00 already and feel so ashamed, disappointed, and invaded just like being "raped". Shame on me for not reading those fine print. I stopped paying my monthly installment and would now go to collections. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB already. Please all out there don't fall into this trap.

Please be aware of this company and DO NOT sign up with them for your nursing EXAM. As everyone here has explained they DO NOT send you the exam fee check on time or maybe never send it to you. There is no response from the accounting dept. No one care. They just give you an email, no one answer. I do not recommend this institution. They do take your payment on time but never sends you the requires exam fee check on time. Just send you to an email acs@Collegenetwork.com. NO answers received. It is a terrible situation. One as a student working and trying to pay bill, and not being able to receive any check to finish the school. Be aware. It is horrible service with the student's money. There is no respect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The College Network?

In short, The College Network stole my money. I worked very hard on all my theory courses, desperate to earn a BSN (LVN to BSN). I got 6 "A's" and 1 "B" (in classes like microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology, Patho, etc.) while working full time. When I was ready to start my clinicals, I was told that Sonoma State (who had "partnered" to oversee the clinical portion of the program with Indiana State) had pulled out of the program. Hence, the LVN to BSN program is no longer accredited in the state of California.

I wrote a letter to the TCN review board amicably requesting that I be excused from the remaining portion of the loan (not asking for a refund though the classes/exam credit I had received was worthless). TCN REFUSED. This means I am continuing to pay for something that doesn't even exist. It is very difficult to advance from LVN to BSN status, especially in the state of California. It was a devastating and traumatic experience. All the time, money, and energy, I spent- away from my family, with my face in a book for 3 years, trying to better myself and my family's life in good faith, just to have all of the above (not to mention my hopes and dreams of the past 22 years that I have worked as an LVN). Furthermore, I can't afford to attempt to start another program until this debt is paid. Please, don't let this happen to you.

I have been paying College Network since 2012 and I am no closer to my RN than when I started. The material I received in hard copy did not match the web version, I could have enrolled directly through Excelsior but I was led to believe I had to go through College Network. I was encouraged to finance my testing fees with my "educational loan" but now I am unable to request these fees because I didn't complete the online tests. I have previously requested to be released from this contract but this request was denied (January 2015) and I continued to pay for another whole year without getting any benefit for my money.

In reading all of the poor reviews on this website and many others I really have to wonder what agency governs this type of business and why they are STILL in business. I want no money back, not even the test fees, I just want to be released from the remainder of my contract and I want something for my credit report stating the debt is satisfied. I read so many reviews and I feel as though I am reading about my own nightmare experience. I get daily e-mails and texts since I stopped payment on the Southeast Financial monthly withdrawal and my credit is being ruined. I think it is just awful what this company has done and is continuing to do to so many people who are just trying to better themselves.

I am writing to them again and I am sending copies of my correspondence to the Attorney General of Indiana, the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Fraud Division for the state of NJ. College Network is one reason why in this country, the rich are getting richer and the poor/middle class are remaining stagnant, they should be ashamed of themselves. The additional information I have discovered about the owner of College Network also having connections to collection agencies who ultimately pursue consumers who stop paying, tells me that the owners/officers of College Network are ONLY in this to profit. There is no concern whatsoever for the consumer trying to better themselves. I am just disgusted!

Back in 2009, I was a LPN aspiring to become a RN and signed with The College Network for furthering my education. The school advisor drove over 2 hours to make sign some paperwork and never heard of him afterwards. I never got any support from the school nor that I took any class from them. Now in 2016, I received a letter from my job about a week ago announcing that after receiving a court order from this school they will start garnishing wage until the debt is completed. Today I was looking at my paystub and see that they are withdrawing $800.63, and this is for just one pay period. I see online through different website that I am not the only one getting scammed by those people but I desperately need help as I am a mother of 4 children and currently in school for my masters in nursing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I signed up to complete my pre-requisite courses through TCN. I was told that as soon as I had completed the courses, I would be able to start the next session with Indiana State University. I WAS NOT TOLD THAT I WOULD HAVE TO APPLY AND THERE WAS NO AUTOMATIC ADMITTANCE, as I was told by the representative from TCN. The formatting of the classes is not conducive to learning and passing the classes. I had two classes I signed up for and completed one class. I am requesting to be released from payment from the second class since I will not start the class due to TCN's poor educational formatting and their MISLEADING students. They refuse to release me from a class I won't be taking. How is this good for business to take people's money for services that will not be used? How can they can away with this?

I signed up with The College Network a few years ago. The rep that came to my home said graduating through Excelsior college would be a breeze. I signed that contract which included exam fees in which I would get refunded when I was ready to take an exam. While I was signing, I even asked "So this is ALL the money I will have to spend to get my degree, minus the clinical fee right?" She said "yup!" which leads me to my first complaint: I was never told I had to register with Excelsior and pay them the yearly tuition fee. I was misled by thinking they were affiliated with each other. My second complaint: The study materials I was provided with for my exams were not sufficient in receiving a decent grade. Luckily, I skimmed by with a C on most of my exams. About 25% of the exam questions were never covered in the study materials.

Third complaint: It took many months to get my exam fee checks sent to me. I was promised, by that rep, that a check would be sent to me in just a couple weeks after my request. Now this is exactly why I signed up for the "prepaid" exam fees. This was one way I didn't have to come up with the few hundred dollars when I wanted to test. Well, guess what? I had to anyway! The checks never showed and I was losing everything I learned while waiting. I had no choice but to come up with the money just so I could test! At one point, I was ahead of them by three exams.

Last complaint: The last exam fee I requested was about a year ago. I was ready to take my last exam. I have yet to receive that money. I used to call them inquiring about the checks but they would just tell me their accounting dept was behind a bit but my check was being processed. Then my calls started to go directly to voicemail. About four months ago, I left a detailed voicemail requesting my exam fee check that has been "processing" for about seven months. I did receive a callback a few days later. Unfortunately, I was at work so they left a message saying my check would be in the mail by the next weekend. Well, about 16 weekends have gone by and no check. When I call now, you can't even leave a message. You are directed to email. So I email. Surprise! No response.

I am extremely disappointed with The College Network for the four reasons I have stated above. I would NOT recommend them to anybody! I have remained good on my end of the contract by paying my monthly payments. They need to make good on their part. The only good thing that came out of this is that I'm satisfied with Excelsior College and will hopefully be graduating through them within the next couple months. Again, they are NOT affiliated with The College Network.

I do not recommend these people to anyone. Had enrolled in a BSN program just after one of my many deployments. Then they lost their accreditation in California. I contacted them for a refund in Feb of 2015 and am still waiting. Had made contact with their customer service dept who referred me to the accounting dept who does not answer their emails and their voicemail just refers you to their email for contact. I know of a few more military members here in California that have the same problem with them. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and have contacted the JAG.

When I signed up with these creeps I canceled in the three stinking days they gave me after I researched and they are not affiliated with indiana or excelsior colleges. I called. The cancellation went through. I recently received a call saying I owe 11,000+$. Good luck trying to find me creeps.

I am currently in the LPN to RN program with The College Network/Excelsior. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this school to anyone. I have had nothing but problems with getting my reimbursement checks sent to me and there is absolutely NO COMMUNICATION. I have tried and will keep trying, to get in contact with the accounting department until my money is sent to me. I am taking legal action on them because I have been waiting since December 2014, for my reimbursement check to be mailed to me.

I have tried calling, which gets me nowhere since the phone numbers I have been given, and even searched for, just send me to an automated message telling me to email them any "accounting questions" to acs@collegenetwork.com. I have been emailing them since January, every single day, sometimes multiple times a day, with no response. This is completely unacceptable. I am beyond fed up with their lack of responsibility, lack of communication, and lack of help with this matter. This is why I will be taking legal action. I do not recommend this school to anyone! THIS IS A JOKE OF A SCHOOL. I AM JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING FINISHED WITH THEM AND SAYING "BYE FELICIA!" TO THEM!

Today is February 5, 2016. I requested my check for my next test in July 2015. I have emailed and called and have yet to get a call back from ANYONE from the college. Don't sign up with them. You'll end up losing your money.

I am reading down over all these complaints about not getting the checks that are owed to us and I am in the same boat!!! I have been waiting on a check for over a year now and everyone is right - there is no way to contact anyone!!! What can be done about this??? Where do we go from here??? I am finishing my degree with Excelsior and putting even more money into my education just to get it finished. I have bought their books cause the information that The College Network provided has now allowed me to achieve failing my first 3 test in my life!!! Anyone know where to go from here? I live on a very very tight budget and work 2 full time jobs to get through and I am not about to be out all this money!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up with this "company". They have breached their contract with me in several ways and there is absolutely no way to get in contact with them anymore. They have completely severed ties with their customers (victims). I financed in exam fees with the College Network. This way it was paid a little over time in addition to their other "services" (what a joke), so that I did not have to come up with $395 every time that I Took one of my exams. Instead, this was my OWN money that I have paid over time to them so that way it was put to the side for the time to come when I decided to test. They promised that the check would arrive in 10-12 weeks max.

My first exam took a full year to get the check and the second exam took close to an additional year. I am still waiting on my 3rd check and at this point doubt I will ever see. Furthermore, they discontinue many of their supposed "services". For example, they always provided a textbook of the materials at request of the customer. For both of my first two modules, I always received the texts as requested. I was recently informed that they do not provide these textbooks anymore, which is a service they used to do.

There is absolutely no way to get in contact with them. There is only 2 phone numbers available and they both go to an automated recording instructing you to email them. I have emailed them numerous times and they never respond back. I even sent a formal complaint to their "dispute resolution committee" back in October and never heard anything from that either. If I do not hear from them soon, then I will also be proceeding with legal action. Currently, the Federal Trade Commission is investigating them. The states of Indiana and Ohio have also filed a lawsuit against them for deception among other things, so whatever you do... do not fall for this SCAM!!

I like other people in California was promised a refund check for the prepaid tests and classes no longer accredited in the state. I was told 10-12 weeks to process the refund back in March 2015. It's been almost a year with no luck. I've documented all my calls and emails and it's beyond frustrating. It was an agreed amount and I've been more than patient. Do not use this company please! $10,000 wasted for nothing!

During LPN school a representative for The College Network came and spoke to our class about the programs offered. Thinking this was good idea I signed up and paid in full. I was told my transcript review would be done within 2 weeks of registering. I registered in February and my transcript review was not done until September. After that I was told that I would receive a refund check in 10-12 weeks. I am now going into week 21 with still no check and no one to call to ask about the check because they only accept emails and do not answer those emails. Signing up with The College Network was the worst decision I have ever made.

I have been waiting for over 7 months for some of my checks. I was calling the accounting department until it was no longer a live person manning the phones. Now you can only Email. I have paid for 6 exams that I am awaiting payment on and have only been given the runaround. This company has gone downhill and is beyond shady. I will be resorting to legal action soon if something does not change as the last person I spoke with recommended I seek.

I signed up and paid in advance. At first it only took a few weeks to receive my test checks. Then it went to a few months. I am still awaiting checks for 2 tests I have already taken. I requested them in July, 2015. It is now January, 2016. Now when I call, there is no one to talk to in regards to my test checks. I am referred to an automated message that gives an email. I have emailed several times over the past 2 months with no response. I would discourage anyone from signing up with this company. I am so disappointed that I am in this situation.

I had one online class with The College Network. I signed up through my university for a course and it happened to be through their system. Enrolling was very easy. Moreover, the material they used was easy to understand and use. The program helped me with my resume for obtaining a new job.

I would summarize my experience with The College Network as being good. The people who talk about the programs and kind of recruit students are very informative. The gentleman whom I spoke to a couple of years ago was very thoughtful and considerate. He guided my path and suggested programs for what I needed. So very helpful.

In 2012 a decent looking salesman came to my home and talked me into giving him a check in order to start on my way to an ASN (Nursing) degree with Excelsior College. Due to personal reasons, I NEVER ONE DAY started the classes. I still don't even know how to log into the College Network website! Anyway because I signed a contract... I am stuck with a bill of almost $6,000 payable to some attorney College Network hired to chase me down! If the College Network received the monies on my behalf then the College Network should pay it back... Especially since I never logged into their website and never started one class with them! Legal Aid put it best when they referred to my case as a person having to BUY a car they never even SAW. Someone please advise me on my next move?

So, like others was told these checks take 10-12 weeks. My A&P took over 20 weeks. After resorting to writing reviews on HERE, I did get it. Calling does nothing to help. So I have been calling now, for my Microbio exam which I took back on april 15 2015. Also waiting on my algebra (only took that back in sept 3rd) so getting back to calling and contacting the college network... When you call, they now will say they have number to call direct for account support. It is a recording to tell you to email them. Lol. I have sent 4 emails starting back in mid November... So over month.

The only thing a human can tell me, is the can see that my check is "processing". Well it has been "processing" for a month now... Lol very frustrating with all this. I make my monthly payments on time, I pay for my exams. Why is it so difficult to send a reimbursement check? Otherwise the process itself is not terrible... I have been having pretty good success... With exception with Algebra.

I was looking for the best online Paralegal programs that I could find, Boston Legal looked really well and it happened to be linked with College Network. It was easy to navigate through the courses but I already have several degrees so it wasn't hard for me to get through it. It has a pleasant learning environment I had an excellent experience with enrollment. When I had questions, the professors were able to get back to me within a timely process. Currently, I own a business in catering. I have a lot of skills and it happened that one of those is being a Paralegal. I don't have a certificate for it so I can't practice at the moment. I've changed my address since I finished the program and College Network was supposed to do something about it. However, they never got a hold of me and I haven't received my certificate and my deposit for the loan that they're supposed to give back.

I liked the format of the College Network, that there was an instructor, it wasn't all on your own (there was somebody to work with if you needed it), and the price. I enjoyed the Green Belt class. It was easy to enroll in the course. It was a great class and I've recommended it to other people. I liked the materials and these are what I'm interested in. I’m a Quality Engineer so this was not new for me. The knowledge base was not too difficult. It’s more of an overview. I would've liked more depth, but you get that with the Black Belt course. The company that I work for is closing down the factory that I worked in and moving it to Mexico. So in another six months, I'll be without a job. Having the Green Belt certification is going to help me with having that for my resume and for the next job.

I did not have a good experience with The College Network. The material that they provided to take exams for Excelsior College was not efficient or beneficial. I thought Online Learning style would be ideal for me. I studied the material and retained it. When it was time for the Exams, it was a totally different world. Not very helpful resources either. Did not work for me, maybe other people. It was a waste of a lot of money.

I signed a contract with The College Network and FULLY paid off my loan last year (which was over 8,000). Included in this loan were all of my exam fees. I was originally told that I would receive the exam fee check within 2 weeks of request. I have now requested 5 exam fees dating back to JULY and have completed and passed all 5 of these exams. I used my credit card so I wouldn't have to wait on this company and am now paying interest for a second time because of them! I honored my end of the contract and they aren't which is causing me a great deal of financial problems. Using The College Network has been THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE and I'm currently looking into legal action to get the exam fees they OWE ME!

To be fair I have repeatedly been in contact with TCN to be reimbursed for services that were never used. I was never told about the fee I would have to pay to Excelsior College. I am 100% disabled and am paying on a 6000 loan that no services were rendered? This has been going on since November of 2012. I see others comments and want to cry that I will never see any justice in this matter?

I chose The College Network due to the fact that it was on PMI and it was not a scam. Enrolling was very easy. They sent the contract, I read it, I e-signed it, sent it back, and made my payment. I ended up slacking once I paid off the whole bill and I got all the rest of the course. But the experience itself, having that avatar and having the chances of practice was really good. It has helped me in creating project plans and have a better way to strategically think through it before I did it. It also gave me some knowledge that the company I work for isn't necessarily following good PMI or project management practices.

The College Network Company Profile

The College Network
1992
Formerly Named:
Collegiate Publishing Research Network (CPRN)
3815 River Crossing Parkway Suite 260