This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
BenchPrep expert review by ConsumerAffairs
BenchPrep offers online courses to help students pass standardized exams. It is run by a former strategic consultant for Capital One.
Only cross-platform test prep service in existence: BenchPrep offers compatible applications for iPad/iPhone and Android as well as for both Windows and Macintosh computers, allowing students to access courses no matter where they are or what type of device they have access to.
Offers a wide range of test prep courses: BenchPrep offers test prep for standardized admissions tests like the SAT and GRE, as well as some professional certification tests.
Syncs progress between devices: Students who start a course on a mobile device can pick up where they left off on a computer, and vice versa, making this service more flexible than others.
Offers help with highly specialized tests: Pre-law and pre-med students will appreciate being able to receive tutoring for entrance exams so they can get into the professional school of their choice.
Partners with top educational publishers: Courses draw on material from Pearson, Princeton Review and other well-known educational publishers.
Best for: Students going to college and graduate students.
BenchPrep questions and answers
- What problem is BenchPrep trying to solve?
- BenchPrep is the world's leading personalized learning platform offering interactive courses for standardized tests, skills based learning and professional certifications. We want to help learners from all backgrounds excel on standardized tests and accomplish their professional and educational goals.
- What sets BenchPrep apart from the competition?
- The BenchPrep platform is the world’s first and only cross-platform adaptive test prep solution. That means learners can access their courses from a computer, mobile device or tablet and all their progress is synced seamlessly. On top of this, our courses come with an interactive game center and personalized study plan. The game center uses spaced repetition and game mechanics to let students learn in a fun and engaging but challenging environment. The study plan adapts to each user’s time frame and ensures they consume all course content in the most efficient and effective way.
- What needs do BenchPrep products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- The BenchPrep product helps students and professionals prepare for standardized exams and certifications. BenchPrep partners with the world's top publishers and authors and brings their content to users who love the benefits of online learning. Our product is a personalized, gamified, social and interactive learning experience unlike anything on the market. BenchPrep combines expert content with robust technology to create the best digital learning experience possible.
- How does BenchPrep measure success?
- We measure success based on score improvement. On average, our users see a 16% score improvement from the time they start a course to the time they finish. Our goal is to help every student score his or her best.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- Consumers typically view the test prep industry as outdated and traditional. The most common prep materials are hardcover books and expensive test prep tutoring programs. Sometimes users are concerned to use BenchPrep because it is different than what they are used to seeing. Our platform has proven to increase scores and has one of the easiest user interfaces.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The test prep industry is slowly evolving to be more accepting of online and digital test prep solutions. Standardized testing is also changing to match the rise of computers and online testing.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about BenchPrep?
- We care about our users. Our goal is to see you succeed.
- Has BenchPrep received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- BenchPrep was voted “most innovative and best-in-class test prep and assessment platform” at the Education Innovation Summit in Phoenix and won the 2010 New Venture Challenge competition at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. BenchPrep has been featured in Wall Street Journal, NY Times, TechCrunch, Publishers Weekly and Fast Company as a leading education innovator.
- How has BenchPrep grown or evolved?
- BenchPrep has grown a lot over the past few years thanks to the help of data. We are able to analyze millions of data points around user engagement, performance and content. This allows us to regularly improve the features in our app to support the needs of our users.
BenchPrep Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 600 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 775
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (855) 236-2477