University of Atlanta

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been with this uni for almost a year now. They don't reply, they never gave me my grades... I doubt I will ever receive a degree from them!! LIARS... LIARS... SCAMMERS. Please don't give them your money! I'm soooo tired of dealing with them. It's hopeless!

I registered for a course via online university. They hurried me to pay the registrations fees and now when I attempt to access the 'university resources' it says that my registration is incomplete. They have not replied to any emails I have sent, they remain completely unreachable by phone. I have spent money that I would have otherwise spent on a credible university at home. This is why I do not trust international universities. I would rather see it than believe that online degrees work. If you want to spare yourself the heartache of losing money, DO NOT APPLY HERE!!! IT IS A SCAM. I know I will never get back that money. I hope you do not have to lose it.

Hi. Got enrolled in University and suddenly University stopped responding the emails or phone calls. I sent many emails and called many times but ph calls are being answered by phone services. I'm lucky I have not paid much but I like to take my refund or get me my access.

Barrington university is now Iverson Business School in Atlanta GA, and it is still the same situation. When the students graduate from the school, they cannot find another school to continue their education, without starting all over. The claim is if you do not finish your program, and try to go somewhere else, then you cannot use those credits either. Students are starting the school without GED and or a HS diploma, and told that they have to have it by the completion of the program. Then, a week into the program, they are removed, saying they need to have either their GED or diploma, yet they remain on the roster for weeks, as if still in attendance. Students are asking where there money is going, and they are not being answered. There is no account for "misc" on the list of money paid to the school.

Students cannot transfer to other programs without starting all over. Students are being charged, when they are no longer in attendance. Students are disgruntled and frustrated, and don't know where else to go for help' and the staff are getting in trouble for trying to help the students in any way.

I graduate from Barrington University, now is close. No have information about the univeristy;

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Atlanta?

I had a trust account that was only to pay for an accredited college or university and now I am finding out I took 3 years of classes and spent over $5000 dollars to find out that this wasn't even a real college? I want my money back. I cannot use my degree nor can I continue my education since I don't have a college degree.

I enrolled with Barrington in 2002 and have e-mails from their personnel and my advisor Lara indicating they were accredited in the United States, the same as any other University. I completed half of my coursework and found out that they are in fact, not accredited in the US. I lost over $3,000 after tuition and books paid by my employer, that I had to pay back when it was learned that they were not accredited.

Loss of money and time! I wish I could have sued for the return of my money. It's basically been flushed down the toilet and I have no legitimate education to show for it!

Barrington University offers course instruction for varying degrees to both undergraduate and graduate students. The complaints I have read about this university are mostly unwarranted. As a student, I received individualized attention from my professors and had on-going correspondence with each of them. Similar to other virtual-learning degree programs, Barrington requires students to be self-motivated and persistent in their actions. I felt Barrington's curriculum provided me with ample instruction and course content. When compared to in-state degree curriculum, Barrington's course content is similar in form. The virtual learning environment, whether at Barrington or any other university, is not a medium for students who are not self-motivated and expect the university to provide something for nothing. I would recommend Barrington University, if not for a degree than at least for personal enrichment.

University of Atlanta Company Profile