Aveda Institute

Compare Beauty Schools

Research top Beauty Schools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was told in an email that my account has been suspended because someone was going around to various locations and trying to return product saying that they are me and using my account. I contacted them back and said that I didn't go to various locations returning product, and that someone is impersonating me and to contact me immediately. After several phone calls and a couple of emails, I have received no help. I also told manager will call me back and they did not. I finally had to go file a police report because of their email saying that someone is going around saying that they are me. I cannot believe that they are not responding in a rapid manner.

I had been trying to cancel my membership with this spa since November 2015, and had yet to receive a refund for the month of November as I had requested by December 2015, let alone the courtesy of someone from the staff returning my multiple inquiries to speak with a manager regarding my requests. I stopped into the salon Monday, December 7th around noon and spoke with a front desk associate named Stephen, and explained to him my frustration with the customer service department. He assured me that a manager (Patrick?) would be contacting me that same afternoon to follow up with me and to date, no one has followed up with me. I chose to file a claim against the establishment with my credit card company as well as Consumer Affairs.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1978, Aveda has become a household name, and they continue their excellence in the educational field, graduating more than 7,000 students each year.

• Solid reputation: The Aveda name is well known for its focus on natural beauty care, and graduates of this school become a part of the overall Aveda brand.
  • Real world teaching methods: In the Aveda Institute, students get to walk in the shoes of every role in a salon or spa. They complete activities that give them the practical knowledge they need to be successful in a beauty career.
  • Multiple locations: With 59 institutes worldwide, students can arrange to complete their beauty school education in any one of these areas.
  • Financial aid: Not only is financial aid available, each institute has its own Financial Aid Department on site to help.
  • Quick form for information: By filling out a short form, you can get all the information you need to decide on whether Aveda Institute is for you.
  • Best for High school grads, hobbyists and job seekers.

Compare Beauty Schools