4.71/5

Ashford University MBA

Ashford University’s online MBA program is comprised of 6-week courses that can be completed entirely online. Read more Ashford University reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

14 Ashford University MBA Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 26, 2018

I love that it is easy for me to set my own schedule because I work full time and I also have a daughter. It gives me the freedom to take care of my home life and go to school at the same time. Everyone that I come in contact with are very helpful and always willing to help me get things done, I love them and I hope that they stay the same. Overall my experience with taking online classes with Ashford University has been amazing, I don't think I would ever go back to a brick and mortar university, is so much easier and convenient online.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The flexibility it offers is the one reason why I chose to go online for Masters program. It was better than having to go to school at night and sit in a classroom after working 8 hours a all day at my full time job. I really enjoyed the program, and got a lot out of it. I thought Ashford online Masters program was a good one. A little too expensive, but very comprehensive and I finished in less than 2 years. But one on one help with the professors is not always available. Email isn't always the best way to communicate as often messages are misinterpreted. I would not recommend online programs for accounting and math classes, where there has to be more interactions between students and teacher.

Get expert buying tips about Online MBA Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I like this college. I want to get the most I can and will do my best to get my degree. I work hard and study hard. The reason I go to school is to get my degree. The more I study the smarter I will be. The more the education experience enhances me the better I will be. I am a better person because of it. I like most everything. I can figure out for myself the classes I want to study and the more I take the more I will like it. Going to school is the best thing I have ever done. The whole experience is so good. I like it very much. I plan to take courses all the time. You can never get enough school so I plan on keeping learning and will do my best to succeed. Thank you very much.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I enjoy the one on one tutoring opportunities that I received. In traditional universities, I had to worry about the pace of other students and trying to keep up with them, but here, the curriculum is based on my pace and understandings. But I wish I had more class hours because I felt that I had a lot of free time at home. However, this can also be good since I needed to get my degree quicker and with a more flexible schedule. But I could still use some extra hours even with my busy schedule. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Ashford and I would definitely recommend it to other people. Since many people I know have busy schedules and cannot afford to pursue higher education at a physical college, Ashford online would be the best option for them.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Work at your own pace. It's not a rushed job. You take your time and go through the lessons until it's test time. But the test are timed which is the part that I hate. Also test are too short. Since people work more than others and need extra time to go through the book to find answers. Other than that the program is great. It works around your schedule. It's a great college especially if you have small children. It allows you to study but still have time for your kids.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashford University MBA?

Original review: April 21, 2018

There is a quick response from my teachers or counselor of whatever course that I have a question with. This would be good practice for anyone who needs social skills. The only thing that would benefit is if there were more group discussion on certain topics for some the courses, along with the teachers. But for a person like me who works full-time and has the evenings free, Ashford University is good. It gives me more time to process and do homework.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I like the convenience and asynchronous nature of the courses as well as the ability to do work when my employment schedule allows and not have to attend classes. However, the biggest issue I had during my degree program was with non-responsive professors. I would send messages and ask questions in the area and not get a response. It was frustrating. But overall, the entire experience was excellent. It provided me with a great opportunity to earn my degree while still being able to be fully employed. I would welcome the chance to repeat this experience for a doctorate if the opportunity presented itself.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Dope school to go to. Great reviews for school. Great features offered in online coursework and great student system overall. I am very satisfied with the program and what it covers. Also, small groups in class. Everything works great in online programs. Very nice way to take classes when you are working all the time. However, I wish they offered more programs in schools for online degrees.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Great benefits for going to school and enjoy life and still pursue my happiness. Great timing for school, easy-to-use. So far so good. Homework is very easy and I feel like I'm at the class. Is more easier to use my home or hands on. It's just better for me, more quiet. I get to focus more and be home with my children who I love dearly and kiss all over my baby but also get my career in the meanwhile. I can still go to work. Great School. No complaints and will suggest and recommend it to my friends and my family.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Ashford University MBA is very good, I like all its network, and each of its branches. It helps me and my students to learn different types of things that are comfortable for daily life, each letter, each option is very important and for that reason I am in this online school. One of the experiences that I got with this school are the best that there can be. Since it is something online, from home where you can be lying in bed teaching. Everything is fine and everything is very well prepared in all aspects.

Ashford University MBA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally a residential school, Ashford University is now an online-only, for-profit institution of higher education located in San Diego, California, offering more than 50 online degree programs. Its online MBA program takes less time to complete than most similar programs.

• Program length: The program is designed to take 88 weeks or a little more than a year and a half to complete. The program has a graduation rate of around 60 percent with students who graduated in 2015, 43 percent finished in 88 weeks or less.

• Credit requirements: Students are required to take 33 credits, which is the equivalent of 11 courses. Three of these courses are in an area of specialization. Students take one course at a time for six weeks.

• Tuition and fees: Graduate courses at Ashford start at $577 per credit hour. The online MBA totals about $27,898 for tuition and fees and an additional $2,000 for books and supplies. Some students qualify for financing through federal loans and grants. However, Ashford University’s parent company is currently under audit by the California Attorney General, and the outcome of this investigation is likely to affect Ashford’s ability to accept federal grants and loans for students.

• Specialization areas: All MBA students must choose an area of specialization and take three courses in that area. Ashford offers many specializations, including Business Economics, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Management, Finance, Global Management, Marketing and more.

• Accreditation: Ashford University is currently accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

• Best for: students who need to complete an online MBA at an accelerated pace.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs