toll free

Queens, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My brother made an appointment on my behalf and everyone at Allen School that I got to talk to was really passionate, and the atmosphere was really great. Alicia and Amy helped me a lot during enrollment. They definitely made the process really easy for me. They explained everything to me and gave me a clear idea of what the process was. So far, my experience has been really great. The teachers are really helpful. If you're struggling there, they would love to help you out. And the lessons that they teach, they make it so you can understand it in a way that you can learn. The students and the people that works there are really friendly, so you enjoy going to school.

None people found this review helpful

I went online trying to find somewhere to continue my studies because I'm an international student and I wanted to do nursing. I wanted to get myself in the field and then work my way up. Allen School of Health Sciences called me, asked me to come into my interview, and I did. I realized that they are closely knitted like a family place and they will probably help me if I am having a problem with anything at all. That was what I was looking for, so I decided I will go with them. Enrolling was really good and fast. I was working with Andrew and he called me, kept up to date with me and let me know what was going on.

It's the best short course, the professors are very good and they're trying to teach us as much as possible. It's also a little challenging because they're trying to cram everything in a short period of time but it's up to me to learn as much and to put in the work. What I really like about Allen School is that they get you prepared. For instance, they help you with resumes and a lot of stuff. I also like the fact that they have a class for typing because you'll be required in the workplace to do typing. So they take you back to what you should have known to refresh your memory and also add more to it.

I was looking for a school to go to and I heard a lot of good reviews about Allen School from people. Enrollment was easy. I love everything with the classes and it's smooth but I'd love it if they wouldn't go through the slides so quickly, so I can have a chance to copy it. The materials are understandable and I have great professors since I can get in contact with them anytime if I need help with something. Overall, it's been a helpful and a learning experience.

None people found this review helpful

I've been enjoying being a student in the Allen School and it has been very beneficial for me. I had wanted to do something to help people and the school was a way to do that. I wanted to do something along the lines of the medical field or with children, but I'm more comfortable with doing something over the phone so it's more in line with my personality.

I've had an easy time enrolling. With the way I had to fill out the applications, and the advisers walking me through it step by step, it's streamlined. Also, there's a few things that need to be signed through DocuSign. They talk to the applicant and make sure that they're interested to go to the school and a good match for the program, but it's very easy.

The professors explained things very clearly to everyone. There was just one time when no one could sign in. It happened when I got to the school and I've heard from teachers that in years, they never ran into that issue. Some of my other classmates were upset but I thought if they never had that issue in years it was just a technical problem and that it could be worked around and dealt with.

None people found this review helpful

I was looking online for medical insurance, billing and coding schools and Allen School came up. I liked the way that I could pick the times I wanted to be in school. Also, what they charged was a lot lower than other schools that I had researched. They called and once I decided I wanted to go, they helped me with trying to get financial aid. They detailed what everything would cost and how the payments would be. I didn't have enough even after I tried to get my loans, so they set me up on a payment scale that had no interest on it.

All the instructors are very knowledgeable. If I have any problems all I got to do is email them and they'll call me right away. They are so easy to talk to. The longest I've ever waited for someone to get back to me was a day. They even call every so often to see how I'm doing. It's been phenomenal and I love it. When I'm finished with my degree, Allen School even had job placement. They will help me with making my resume right and they even try to help me find jobs.

None people found this review helpful

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

I was looking for schools online and something regarding nursing or in the health care range. I got a call from Allen and the person that contacted me was Lori Ann. I stuck with her the whole time and I pretty much kicked everybody else out the door. She talked me through everything and helped me get everything I needed. She was open and was always there if I had a question. She knew about everything she needed to know. Every question I had, she answered. And if she didn't know it, she'll find the answer and then get back to me. She also made the enrollment fairly easy. I felt like I didn't have to do anything.

The professors at Allen School were the same way. They're really easy people to get along with. They actually take the time to answer your questions and they're not judgmental. If you get the wrong answer, they're not gonna be snobby about it. The online options really help with the time that I have. It's a better schedule for me and the teachers are really interactive. Everything that Lori Ann told me was true. I love the whole learning process. I've actually gotten my whole process system down. I know exactly where to find what I'm looking for. I know how to get in contact with everybody with no problem. I've also learned some stuff that I have had no idea about. I love it. I sometimes actually look forward to going to school and I've already recommended it to a few people.

None people found this review helpful

I read some of the reviews about Allen School and looked for the negative ones. Anybody can build up things, but I want to know what the complaints were but the people who were complaining were also the type of people that didn't put that much into it. In comparison with other schools that the complaints were really broad and varied, a lot of complaints about Allen were stating that "Man, I went to this class for so long and I wasn't ready for the test, that's not fair". But in other schools, it was things like “The softwares were difficult to understand, they use a style of notation that's applicable only to the school, like nobody else in the world uses it, so why are we doing this?” It was a lot of things about the academics.

The enrollment and classes were phenomenal. I had a really extensive interview with a few people and didn't just throw me through the program. They really wanted to know me personally and if I was going to be a good fit for them. And I had the feeling that if they felt like it wasn't going to work out, they would have told me so, or at least cautioned me against going in to the program. My only concern about the entire learning experience overall is my peers relating everything to their family or children, which I don't wanna hear. I even had substitute professors that come in and said, “I heard this was a really talkative group.” And I said, “Yeah, you have no idea.” If they were talkative about something that was actually related to the learning experience, then I wouldn't have any issue with it.

I'm extremely happy about being there. I love the online learning environment and the school itself have been more than accommodating with me. They have an several schedules and because of problems in life, work and things of that nature, I've actually been on all of them since I started. It has been an extremely well experience with them and so I brought another student to them.

Once I took the Allen School tour I knew it was a perfect fit for me. All the staff was there to help me with every step of my enrollment, especially in filling out the paperwork. Also, my adviser explained my curriculum in detail. Every professor I've had so far has been excellent. The teachers know how to give and take with each other, when to be really strict and hard on their students, and when to lean back and teach them slowly. Also, they're a very charitable school because each class has their own cause, like my class which raises money for meningitis and the school is helping us out to raise that. It's a great school to go to and it exceeded my expectations.

None people found this review helpful

I went online looking for a school to do billing and coding and the time, the schooling fees, and the helpfulness of Allen School with getting information that I needed to get started was pretty good. But the person that I've been talking to since I decided to go there is really the one that made me make up my mind to say that this is the place where I want to do it. I feel like I could be successful there with all the help that they offer.

The enrollment process was quick and easy. They helped me and worked around my schedule to get it all done. They laid them into steps and made it a real smooth process. So now I'm taking two classes and I love both of my teachers. They stay on after the whole class is over if ever we have any questions. They're always stopping in between, going back to make sure that everybody is understanding it all. Neither one of them leaves anybody behind and they take a lot of time to freshen up on something that we may have missed.

I've had a little bit of a medical background and I've done medical schooling before, but this is my first experience doing it online. The school work itself does get deeper, but right now it's good and I'm catching on fairly quickly. The only problem that I had was when my work schedule changed at the beginning of school. But I'm making them work by getting up at 5:30 in the morning to get to class from 8:30 to 1:30. It's a bit of a struggle for a while, but it'll be worth it at the end. As far as the school itself, it has been wonderful and I've had a great experience.

I’m already in the medical field, as I was in high school. I wanted to finish it up, so I could finish my career. I enrolled with Allen School and the enrollment process was good. It was efficient and they were right to the point which is something that I like. They didn't give me the runaround. It was straight to getting everything done in a timely manner.

None people found this review helpful

I was looking for a medical assisting program and came across Allen School online and they asked me to go visit the facility. At that time, I wasn’t living very close but they kept in contact with me and didn't push me and that was how I ended up going there. My learning experience has been awesome. The professors were all very good. I’m in my internship right now and more prepared than I thought. I enjoyed going to the school and they made it possible for all their students to succeed. They’re very persistent in helping their students out no matter what.

None people found this review helpful

I’m doing an internship right now through Allen School of Health Sciences. Alicia, from my high school, motivated all of us to go in and would explain how the school was. I like my learning experience. The professors are all good and they know what they’re talking about.

Everything’s great with Allen School so far. When I signed up, someone called me right away and invited me to talk to a person who worked there. Everything was set up and was really quick. The people were very friendly and helpful.

I went to Allen School and that was where I did my program as a Nursing Assistant. I was well-taught when I was in class. I passed all my exams because my teachers were great. I really enjoyed the phone party that we’ve had the last day of school. All the people exchanged their numbers. I always thought before that I’ll go back to Allen School because when I finished, I was home for months, then I got my first job from them.

I worked for seven years and I wasn’t feeling so good. So now, I just came back to do my program again because I lost my license; it expired on me. I called them and then I asked if Jackie was still working there. She did my resume when I needed it—and anytime I needed something, I just go to them. They'd give me some printout. And even this summer, the fee was like $1500. Then they gave me a break since I'm coming back so I'm only gonna be paying less than $1,000 which is good.

The lady there helped me during the enrollment as well as the lady that was at the front desk. She was working when I came in and I was offered a seat because they were taking care of somebody else. And while I was there, I was able to ask the questions that I had in mind, because I have not been there for a long time. Then I did my testing. We really talked at length from first to the final stage – when school is going to start, if I could not be able to start, what will I do, the number to call, and it was okay. There are other schools all over the place and I came back because they did everything right. I highly recommend Allen School.

None people found this review helpful

I was interested in starting back to school. I got online and put down some of my interests and somebody contacted me. He gave me a list of about five schools that would be calling me and I talked to four of them. The Allen School seemed to fit the bill in terms of what I was looking for. There's probably somebody else in this area that could do the same thing but their enthusiasm and professionalism made me go ahead and choose them.

The enrollment process wasn't difficult and we've been through the financial end of it. Once that was approved I talked to student services and I've been online several times doing tests or preliminary classes on how to work your way through the online process, like how to get in the classes. And they had to have a tech service person call and make sure my computer was going to be okay with the process. I still have a couple of things I needed to do before I actually start. But so far I appreciate everybody's helpfulness and willingness to make it as easy for me as they can.

Allen School came for a little college day on campus. I felt that they were more personal - that they cared about my education more than my money unlike the other schools. Enrolling with Allen was very simple. I thought it was tedious just as any other finance process, but it went without a fuss because all the people were very friendly. It's been a great experience overall.

None people found this review helpful

Allen School is a small school which I like. I had first heard about them through my sister who's going to school with me, and enrolling there was pretty easy. They walked me through the whole process of applying for school. They also helped me out in dealing with it financially. It's been an amazing experience with them and I have learned a lot more than I have. The instructors know what they’re doing. I understand what they’re talking about and the courses are pretty good and easy.

I love Allen School. A friend of mine suggested it and the enrollment process was very easy. They're also close to where I live. It's a great experience especially for a person who hasn't been in school for a while. The teachers are excellent and they help me adapt very well. Studying there is tiring but it's paying off.

None people found this review helpful

I heard a lot of good things about Allen School. It's been around for a while too, so I decided to go there. The enrollment was pleasant and they were very helpful.

I have only been there for a short amount of time but I've learned a lot. The professors are awesome. I love each and every one of them and their teaching styles. They also take their time and make sure we learn. I'm learning everything I could so I can take it with me. I'm having a wonderful experience and I look forward to going to school. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm honors platinum. I'm looking forward to graduation too.

None people found this review helpful

I found Allen School of Health Sciences online and their credentials were good so I decided to enroll with them. They were patient with me and very helpful with any information that I needed for the enrollment. The learning experience has been enjoyable for me and the professors are A-plus. Overall, my experience with them was more than what I expected.

I was looking at going back to school. I put my name on a website and Alicia from Allen School called me the next day and I had an appointment to see her. I saw that everybody at Allen School was super friendly and wanted to help. At other schools I wasn't a priority but I am at Allen School. The enrollment process took a day and a half to do but it was really easy. The professors were also very knowledgeable - I love them all.

None people found this review helpful

Allen School was the first school that I talked to and I was happy when I did. The enrollment was very quick and easy. It was 1, 2, 3 and everything was done. Learning was great and fairly easy to understand and comprehend. The teachers went over everything with enough details so that I knew what's expected of me. I was happy with all of them. Some were tougher than the others but they all seemed fairly good at what they were doing. However, I felt that after the completion of the program, I was misled because I was told that I could continue on to have an associate's degree. Then only when I was about three weeks out from graduating the program, I was told that it was not offered to people in my state, so I felt like I was cheated and lied to.

None people found this review helpful

Allen School was fun and something new, and I enjoyed it. I talked to a girl there and she was very nice and helpful. She pushed me to go forward into it by talking with her. The professors were also great. We were able to ask them questions which they answered to make us understand. The learning experience was fun, new and I enjoyed it.

None people found this review helpful

I was looking up adult continuing education programs that supplemented some courses I had just taken within the past three months and I saw Allen School online. Geographically, it was the most convenient place and it seemed somewhat reputable. Also, in one of the courses that I had taken recently, one of the students was actually a graduate from the Allen School program for medical assisting, so it pointed me there. The enrollment was incredibly easy. It's a for-profit organization, so it's $** per student. I believe that the money being invested into the organization is being allocated to the right places as there seems to be a lot of resources available as a student.

The program just began, but I do have a bit of fresh information that I'd gotten from other courses. As of now, the learning is a little on the easy side and what I would like to see is more workload. Some of the professors are really good, helpful, and informative. However, there's this one instructor who's apparently a homeopathic-naturopathic doctor. He teaches anatomy and physiology, but he seems very unorganized. He comes to class without his lessons planned out and it's apparent not only to me, but also to almost all of the other class members as well, and a lot of us are paying a lot to be in that program. I wouldn't say that about all the instructors, but they should tighten up on instructors and their workload and planning ability. I may sound critical, but I'm enjoying the experience and I do believe that at the end of the course, I'll be ready to do what I have to do as far as what the program is dealing with.

None people found this review helpful

I was interested in going back to school and noticed that Allen School was in the top five medical schools. When I enrolled, they seemed to know what they were doing. Navigating the courses is easy. The teachers are outstanding, but I've had a couple of them totally ignored me when I asked a question and I don't appreciate that. Overall, it was awesome, yet difficult.

I was doing research on the computer trying to decide what school I wanted to do my schooling through when I saw an ad for Allen School. I chose them for the fact that I could be in a classroom with the teacher and the students and not have to teach myself. I wanted to be taught. Enrollment was absolutely wonderful. Allen School walked me through everything. They gave me the options and answered my questions.

The professors I had were wonderful. I had one that I really struggled learning with, but other than her, everybody else was very well qualified and we got along great. This way of learning is probably the best when you can't attend the actual college. I can still do my job, have my family and accomplish what I want to do. I'm 61 and it's been 30 plus years since I've been in school. I was even chosen as student ambassador one time and that completely thrilled me to think that I could to this at my age and with everything going on. It was amazing.

This is an amazing way for someone to have classroom help. The tech support was wonderful and I utilized them more than once. The extra hours for tutoring when I need it is great. My biggest complaint is that I understood we would have some help with finding jobs but I feel we've had none. I was counting on some guidance on what we needed to do and what else we needed to improve on for the career part. Nobody has been in touch with me through my associates program and that bothers me.

It was easy enrolling at Allen School of Health Sciences. Their tuition prompted me to go with them. The learning experience was very good. The professors go above and beyond what they need to be doing. The school has good technique refreshing my memory too. And I got A's on the C's and B's grades that I received the first time when I took the associate program.

Allen School

Thank you so much Gary for taking the time to provide us with your review. We value the opinions of all our students and use your feedback to constantly improve our program and offerings.

We strive to create a classroom environment that caters to several types of learners and provide a well rounded experience regardless of what knowledge a student may bring to the classroom with them. As a result you may indeed find some classes easier than others, however the material covered is all relevant to your over all success as a Medical Insurance Biller and Coder.

If there is anything we can do for you in future please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

Original review: May 16, 2016

Anybody and everybody want take online courses, please do not apply to Allen School of Medical Coding and Billing, it's not worth the money. If you want a business administrator, the course is ok. Expect to spend too much money on the things that you already know. Use common sense. The school is not for the money.

I thought Allen School of Health Sciences would be a field that I could go into and make some money. Their enrollment process was easy. However, the person who got me into the program said that she would maintain communication but I haven't heard from her since even though I tried to get a hold of her. I like the learning experience but I think there are duplicated slots. I also don't think they need to go into such a detail for a biller/encoder. Instead, there should be more emphasis on the aspects of being a biller/encoder. I only had one professor that I didn't like at all but for the most part they're pretty knowledgeable and friendly with the students. Overall, my experience was good considering it's a relatively short period to obtain a potential certificate. I don't have to do a lot. If I were to go to college or another university, I would have to do what I would consider to be even more BS classes in order to get the product that I want.

I've had a pleasant experience with Allen School. The professors are very helpful. They don't let anybody stay behind, and don't let you not ask a question. All of my classmates are also very helpful. We don't give the answers, but help each other. My learning experience was better than high school or the other college courses I've taken.

Allen School Company Profile