Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Queens, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 55 years the Allen School of Health Sciences has been helping people just like you train for a career in health care. We use our strength and competitive edge in health care career training to make YOU our next success story! We stick with health care because it’s what we know, and we’re good at it. We hold the tools you need to complete your education FAST.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

390 Allen School Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 2, 2018

I searched online for a Medical Assistant or Nursing school and I came across Allen School, so I made an appointment. I initially wanted to do the Nursing program but the lady who did the intake said that because I've never been in the medical field or I haven't done anything medical then she would recommend the Medical Assistant program. Since it was the only actual good school that I could find at that moment, I joined.

However, Allen School has a tough schedule. At first, I thought I could have done it but things kept complicating. I went there for a couple of months then I dropped out because missing days seemed worse. I had personal problems and the schedule wasn't working out for me. Plus, I had a job offer. Still, Allen School is a good school. I like how strict they are. They act like you are already in the medical field so you can be prepared for the medical field. I would recommend it if they have a flexible schedule and they're open up because Allen School doesn't have night classes.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Getting into Allen School is a great start if you’re interested in medical school or in becoming a medical assistant. I was doing my research and I saw a lot of good reviews about them, so I made an appointment. When I went to my interview with them, I liked how they treated me and also the things that they offered me. My advisor was very helpful as well. She went through all the step that I needed to do. I brought all the paper that I needed and we went from there. Then after that, I went to the orientation. Also, the professors were good and very helpful. If you have any questions or you need help, they’re always available without you having to make an appointment. They will see you no matter what. I’m happy to be in Allen School and I’m doing great there. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Original review: March 22, 2018

When I was in my country, I searched in the internet and saw Allen School for my education purpose. I came here in this country a month ago and decided to do some course and then I choose the school. They have Indian and Jamaican, and every various culture. The school environment and the learning experience is good. The teacher is very helpful. The lecturers are qualified. I’m happy here because I got four times, platinum award. It's just that sometimes, students don’t want to listen to the instruction of the teacher, the rules and regulation. Every student is here to learn something. But some students, who maybe know everything, make noise and don't want to listen. There should be a better way on how to handle the class. Except for that, everything is good. I recommended the school to my friends. Two of my relatives are here already and I told them this school is good and has good opportunity for future. One can learn easily from this school.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Allen School of Health Sciences felt like it was the best option, and their hands-on training made me go with them. In the enrollment, everyone was nice and friendly. I liked that when I got here, the school was quiet, and it was not rowdy and noisy. I saw people studying, and it really felt like they were serious about what they do. The learning experience has been good -- it is not the best, but it is pretty good. I have liked all the teachers I have had so far, and I felt like the techniques they use could change your memory. You get your money’s worth in some ways, and there are just some little things that need to be changed, but it’s a pretty good school overall.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Allen School is close to my house. I went over there and I sent out the paper. The program fits what I was looking for. The enrollment is very good. The learning experience is good as well. But I think it will be better in the future if they do a background check for some people. Some people are crazy. I think the school accepts anybody. But all the teachers are so understanding. They are so patient. I already told about Allen School to a lot of friends and one of my friends went over there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had been on a list of all the other programs that I was getting called for months. But they were calling me for billing and coding and I didn't want to do that. Allen School was the only place that called me that had what I wanted. I filled in something online and I got a callback, and then I went in to meet the lady who called me. It seemed like a great program, so I decided to come to Allen School at the end. My enrollment experience was really nice. I met with Sandra who's in a Brooklyn office and she was really sweet. She spent a lot of time with me and she talked me through everything. She was really supportive of the whole idea.

My learning experience at Allen School has been great. I finished three out of the five Mods so far and I've been really enjoying it and I'm doing well. Everyone has been very helpful all the time. Most of them are qualified to teach more than one subject, so if I have a question on another subject, they'll even answer that. I learned a lot from the professors and I've never had a problem with any of them. I found that every person in the school is willing to do whatever it takes to make me succeed and from the beginning, I felt like every teacher wanted me to succeed at what they were teaching. They were willing to put in the extra time and whatever it was, as long as I need and as long as I am nice and I ask them nicely. I've had a really raw and fantastic experience at Allen School.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Allen School is really good, especially the teachers. They were very excellent and they made sure you came to class, you knew the materials, and you passed the class, which was wonderful. At first, I thought it was a little expensive until I went to other schools who were more expensive than Allen School. I stopped and took the financial aid part, but I decided to go back and continue the process, and then I finished the financial aid part. I've been with them since November and the learning experience was fun because of the way the teachers conducted the class. I'm sure if I stayed there longer, I probably would have finished already.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Allen School has all the medical professionals and it’s something I want to be part of. When I enrolled with them, the process was easy. Their staff was really helpful and the enrolment took a week. All of my teachers were the best. Also, it’s been a fun experience learning with Allen School as the teachers are cool and they make the subjects easy to understand. Allen School is not just a school where they teach a class the context but they are also preparing the students to continue on a new career. I would recommend them wholeheartedly to people.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Allen School of Health Sciences' enrollment process was okay and the experience was excellent. I would tell my friends that they just start, then they would be able to find out on the first day if they knew exactly what they want to do.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I was looking for schools and visited a couple of them, and Allen School was the best choice for me. The enrollment was rough because I had started college already for the first semester, so my financial aid didn't cover everything that I expected it to. But other than that, it was great and smooth. The staff was really good and they tried to give me the best education. Since my financial aid didn't cover the whole thing, I had to pay out of pocket. It was a lot of money for me and my family, but we worked it out, and for this we have to thank Allen School as well. For the most part, the professors at Allen School are great. They teach really well and they build connections with the students.

Original review: March 11, 2018

A friend of mine recommended Allen School of Health Sciences. It was also close to home and it’s something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time since I wanted to be a pediatric nurse. The enrolment experience was so good. The process was quick and the rep was very nice. My learning experience was wonderful as well. I have great grades, all of them As and I’m in the honor roll. The professors are good, too. If I didn’t understand something, they got the time to repeat it as many as I want. Some professors get upset when someone keeps repeating the same thing, but they’re very good and understandable.

The best thing about Allen School is that if you’re doing good, they let you know and they let the whole school know. They make a list of the honor roll and they put it on the wall and it’s so exciting and wonderful because everybody gets together to know. I have a friend today who asked me about Allen School and I said it’s wonderful. It’s the first step that everybody who wants to be in the medical field should take because going to medical school is very expensive, but once you start at Allen School, you'd be able to study and pay it later. And they also give you a chance to pay weekly, like $45. For somebody who’s not working, that’s an affordable thing to pay. Everything is great at Allen School. I still recommend it to all of my friends.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I spoke with my advisor, Lena, and she told me about Allen School. I liked all the programs they had to offer, so I enrolled that same day. I signed up online, and then they called me. And they already accepted the subjects that I had, so I didn’t have to go and do extra classes to get enrolled. It was easy because I’ve spoken to other people that they had to get the criteria and then come back.

My learning experience there is good. The teachers are really hands-on. And whatever you don’t understand, they break it down for you. They could be stricter for some of the stuff though. Some students take the program seriously and some don't. But now, the school started changing a lot of stuff, which I'm very appreciative of. I have recommended the school. It’s a really good program if you’re willing to do the work. And it’s an opportunity for one to step into the medical field. It’s like a gateway to know if it’s something you want to do or don’t want to do.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The medical field is my passion. I enrolled with Allen School and my experience was great. They asked me for my GED, and I needed a $100 to enroll. They gave me an appointment. And overall, it was a two-day process. I had work experience as a medical assistant, but I had a gap in my resume and I wanted to go back and refresh my memory, and my learning so far has been good. And the professors have been very good. I would recommend Allen School to a friend. I had a very good experience, and it is a very good school.

Original review: March 8, 2018

A friend recommended Allen School to me. I visited the school and I spoke to them and I liked what was there. The enrollment was fast. I had to bring in my own information, and they told me about the school and the program and how long it was, and what I had to go through. So far, my experience is going well. I feel like I’m learning a lot. Also, my teachers are all good. And if people are interested in the medical assistant program, I would tell them about Allen School and my experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Allen is a great school. I always wanted to be in the medical field and my cousin went there. My enrollment went well. Moreover, my professors were good and I like them. The teachers make sure they help you understand whatever you don’t understand. In addition, they let you stay for after-school tutoring. I feel like we should have a student email, but I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Allen School had the best reviews so I chose to go with them. I went in and I loved the environment, the customer service and everything about it. The enrollment process was good. It was an easy step. They worked well with me. I went on a vacation while enrolling and they kept in contact with me so I would be able to start school when I wanted to. My overall learning experience was also good because all of us have different learning skills and different ways that we learn. The processes worked well with us in helping each one of us to understand the concept and everything that Allen School was teaching.

They have all the resources and the processes on hand to work with you. If you fail in a class, they help you to pass and to understand what you don't. People should go with an open mind and a strong heart and go to learn because Allen School is a perfect environment for learning. Also, each of my professors that I have worked with were very good at what they do. They worked with me and they were not afraid to stop. They did not avoid me when I said that I didn't understand. They stopped and they went over with me until I understood it. I have recommended Allen School to a friend and she's already excited.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I wanted to do something in the medical field and my aunt told me to try Allen School where she studied at. She said they will open up my understanding a little more to what I wanted to do. When we went there I got out an overview of the school from one of the advisers and got more into it. The enrollment process was good. I was able to enroll that same day. I needed to bring in my mom to get that personal information done since I didn't have a job at that time.

So far so good. I'm learning more than what I expected to learn about just like taking vital signs. The professors' quality of teaching was very good. A couple of the professors teaches more than what the school gives them. They teach what they experienced which I like because I want to hear something from their perspective more than the school as they have been there and did it. Going to Allen School is something the students have to put their mind to. This should be something that they want to do, something they have to be dedicated to and they should keep their mind focused on it. A lot of people started and then they dropped out because it got too much for them. Allen is a good school and would recommend them to a friend. I already recommended my cousin into it and he's doing it right now.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was planning to do a course as a medical assistant and I typed in my Google search for schools for medical assistants in my area and close to me. Allen School came up. I’ve gone to one of the schools on the Queens side of the area and when I went there by accident they were closed. I was about to return home and I saw on my phone that Allen wasn't far off. I went and met with one of the representatives there. She walked me through the process and she gave me the pros and the cons of doing the course and what they offer. She also gave me a tour and I was quite impressed with the set up so I decided to register.

My enrollment experience was pretty effective. I was given a booklet with a folder about the history of the school. They were well organized. It worked like a well-oiled machine. They were quite appreciative of the fact that I was willing to come on forward. The person that I spoke with and the one who enrolled me was very informative with information coming forth.

Overall my learning experience as I'd quote it, "It has been a remarkable journey so far." I began my fourth module today. I have 10 more weeks and it has been a journey that I will forever remember in a positive manner. They are absolutely phenomenal. A tremendous organization that I am very proud to be a subject. I feel comfortable and I am on a path to being successful. If there is any information that is needed, they are forthcoming. The Director of Academic Affairs, Dr. Tim is a remarkable individual with a lot of patience because they’re dealing with young adult and some not so young like myself. It's challenging at times but he carries it well. He treats everyone as an individual with individual needs and he ensures you don't go away with questions on your mind.

Most of the professors are quite informative that I learn a lot. They impart knowledge. However, the only issue that I have had with some of the professors is on the language barrier. I have to speak English but there is an extension to it based on the fact that one of them is from Bangladesh. Her ability and that she's been in the US for two years proved to be a bit of an impediment for us. But the language barrier should not be a deterrent if you really want to learn and apply yourself. Allen School is the place to go for people asking about it and if they are serious about learning and developing a career at this stage in your life. They provide one on one learning experience and they are practical with it. So if a friend should ask I would suggest that they go and get enrolled.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I was on Facebook and I saw an ad. I clicked on "Learn More" and then I put in my information. Then a representative from Allen school called me. She asked me to come that day to speak one on one and when I went, that had been their registration because of all the books and stuff I've heard about the school. My grandmother did her CA there so she also encouraged me to choose Allen. Then I have a cousin who did the medical assistant program right there. They have been telling me good stuff about the school.

When I went there for the enrollment, I spoke to the representative and I had to get my documents. They scanned the documents and she asked me some questions. I also signed up for the financial aid so I got a part from the government for that. She asked me when I wanted to start and I told her as soon as possible. I started in two weeks from that day.

I learned some administrative experience but not having the clinical experience for it's not complete as yet. But I'm now learning the phlebotomy and the EKG. So far the experience has been real good and the tutors try their best to put their all into it. They're staying back with us helping us to study, just hands-on stuff of what we need to do in the real world so we're getting 100% experience here at the school. Everything including the equipment is upscale. The professors are really good. I see them trying to their best to do as much as they can. They're helping us in any way. They're there for questions that we have to ask. They're there for afternoon sessions with them in school and also in helping assignments. If we have an exam, they’re helping us review the day before.

I've never had this opportunity in my life. I'm thankful for it and I would encourage anyone to come into Allen School. They won't regret it. This is a stepping stone for the future career out there and you can do lots more. But starting at Allen School is the best. They're really good. My friends were asking me about the program, so I was telling them what the program consists of and everything that I'm doing. I've been telling good stuff about it. I have friends that are already going to start enroll in semester school. Some of them are doing the evening class. So far, Allen School has been great to me. I'm getting the experience that I never experienced in my life. Allen School has inspired and still inspires me. I'm in my fourth module. I have one module left and I'm thankful for everything I've learned and everything that's coming my way.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Studying at Allen School is the best experience. I'm going forward in my life. I wanted to be a Medical Assistant and I checked online. Allen's rating and reviews impressed me when I visited for the first time. I really liked it. Enrolling with them was easy and they helped me with everything. Their professors were all very good at answering our questions. I finished my schooling a long time before and it was difficult for me to come back to school and study again. I was also not American born and my basic language is Hindi. But even then, I don't need to be scared. The way they are teaching is really easy. I already recommended Allen School to my friends.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Allen School's enrollment process was easy and simple. Incoming students of Allen School should focus on the work that they're teaching. Basically, that's going to be on the test, and that what I learned at Allen School. The professors were pretty good. However, I feel like the classrooms could be more advanced but other than that, everything's okay. I'd tell others that it's a pretty good school if their goal is to be a medical assistant.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a friend that went to Allen School so I went there too. The enrollment process was fast, which only took two days. I'm still there and my experience has been good so far. The teachers are really good. They stay behind if you need extra help, they ask you multiple times if you understand everything and they'll repeat anything if you ask them to. In order not to fall behind, students should look over their syllabus and do their homework. I would tell a friend to try and apply to Allen School too.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I was looking to join school so I called Allen School and booked an appointment. I had a chat with their staff and they were nice. They explained all the course and education, including how it goes which made me quite happy and then, I joined the course. I paid only the registration fee first and after that, they told me how we go to class plus how we pay, and the experience was very easy. In terms of the learning experience, it was great. Our teacher always tries to make me understand very well, gives me enough time, and explains to me if I don't know things. We actively participate in the conversation and discussion about anything. I would recommend everyone to join Allen School and become a professional in medical health.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I was looking for a school for the medical assistant program and I came across Allen School online. I felt really welcome from the minute I signed up to get information. Their enrollment process was really good because they got to know me before they accepted me. They're really selective as to who they let into their school. The classes were a little difficult at first because I was recently overcoming a couple of mental health illnesses that I was having. But I’ve gotten a lot of personal attention from the faculty. It was so helpful to have them there having my back the whole time and letting me know that whatever I need, they’re going to help me. That made it really easy to get started with the classes.

I also liked how there was no time wasted. We got right into the classes and everything we needed to start learning right away. The professors gave us all the information we needed and if we don’t understand something, we're comfortable in letting them know, and then they would help us in any way they could. The roaming advisers, Nicole and Alicia were very helpful and always there for anything that I needed as well.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I went online and saw what Allen School offered and what their programs were. I got a call and then I went in and spoke to a coordinator. I haven't gone to school for a long time, and I was very nervous because walking into a classroom after a long time could be overwhelming. He was very encouraging. We spoke for a while and he made me feel comfortable. Allen School has the weekend program, and it was offered on a Saturday when I'm most available. So, it was convenient for me and I don't live far from the school, too. I signed up and it was very easy.

I'm having a wonderful experience, and I like my teacher. She's really nice and she puts in a lot of effort to make sure that we understand the work. She's a very punctual person, and she expects the class to be as punctual as well, which is a very good thing because if you want to go in the field, punctuality and reliability are important. She enforced that based on her as an example which I like. I appreciate discipline in the class because if there's no discipline, there's no work being done. I have already recommended Allen School to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

My cousin always told me about Allen School. She said it was okay and that is how I got to know and joined it. I'm doing the nurse assistant and the enrolment experience was good. The rep, Gabriella, was so nice. So far, the learning experience is all right and I'm enjoying it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My best friend is an RN and he told me about the Allen School. I did my research online and I liked all the reviews and information that I've read. Their flexible schedule and competitive pricing also influenced my decision to enroll with them. My adviser was very helpful and a very nice person. The experience was very good and the enrollment process was easy. And the learning experience has been great too. A lot of information and, for the most part, the teaching methods and the assignments, everything is good.

The courses are moderate in terms of difficulty but the quality of relationship I’ve had with the professors has been great. They're very helpful and whenever I have questions, they're always willing to answer it during or after class. They're the type of a "need to reach" as far as one-on-one if it's needed. I'm the only guy in my class but everybody is really friendly. It's a good environment and it's not crowded. So, it's "go to class, you get the work, you get taught, and then you go study or go home, or whatever." It's a straightforward experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I have lots of relatives who were telling me about the Allen School. I enrolled because I know that it is the best school so I can make my career here. My experience had been very nice. I liked the teachers, the staff and all my friends. They were very supportive and helped us very, very much. Their scheduling was very good and I like it as well. I’m happy with my learning experience. It’s a bit hard for me because I just started and it was not my background but I’m good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Allen School is near my house, so I enrolled with them, and the process was very easy. All the staff were very helpful and kind, which is very nice. The classes are too hard for me, but because I’ve been studying the lessons for a long time, it’s easy for me to pick up. The professors are very nice, polite, and are very good. The way of teaching is very nice, and everybody helps me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My friend went to Allen School and she recommended that it's a great school. I took my time, I went over and spoke to an adviser. That's when they went through everything with me and I decided it's a great opportunity. The enrolment process was great. They helped me out so much with the financial aid and when I got any questions and I needed a little more time deciding.

Also, the schedule was great. I have a two-year-old and that was the best schedule I ever had in my life because I used to go to college and I used to do morning sessions. But since I heard that Allen School got night sessions, I was so thrilled. It worked out better for me. I never imagined I would have learned so much and so many things. The medical terms were really a thrill. The professors were great and they helped me out when I had any questions. They asked whoever needs tutoring. I'll definitely recommend Allen School to anybody.

Allen School Company Information