2. Miscellaneous

Queens, NY

Allen School
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.54/5

For nearly 60 years the Allen School of Health Sciences has been helping people just like you train for a career in health care. Office meets clinic in this exciting career working with medical professionals in a doctor's office, clinic, or hospital. Our healthcare training courses at the Allen School give you the skills you need to be successful. We use our strength and competitive edge in health care career training to make YOU our next success story! We stick with health care because it’s what we know, and we’re good at it. We hold the tools you need to complete your education FAST. Our program offer the following benefits to our students: Accelerated Programs, Convenient Class Schedules, Small Classroom Environment, Post-Graduation Assistance Services.

Allen School Learn More

Allen School Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

Original review: May 19, 2020

One of my friends went to Allen School after high school. I had taken a year off and then she told me about it. It looked like a really friendly school. They weren’t rude and as soon as I entered, the girls that were up front were really welcoming. It looked like it was a really good school, and it is. I would recommend it to anybody. I really like everything. My enrollment process was really fast. It didn’t take as long as I would have thought, especially with all the fax. The learning experience is also really good. Everybody there is hands-on with you. They're just always there to help you. Whenever you need help, it’s not hard to ask. The professors are all straightforward too. They don’t baby you and they’re not rude. They are just perfect. They are really nice and you can tell they really like what they do.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2020

When I went there, I spoke with Lina, one of the advisors, and she convinced me to start the medical assistant career. I'm in the middle of internship right now and is almost done, but it is on pause because my internship got suspended because of the Corona. Enrolling went easy. When it came to the financial aid part, it was easy. My job accommodated me and I was able to go to school around my schedule, so it was not conflicting at all. I was able to go to school Monday to Friday, and still be able to have my job.

Three other women there were amazing. A man also helped me lot with the career part, like do my resume and how to present myself at the workplace. He told me how to incorporate what I have already learned at this job to the internship experience. They were great instructors to me. If you are considering going through Allen School, you have to be prepared with the work. It is not a joke. It is only six months, so you have to be at your best at all times. Do your homework, take your test every Friday, and try not to miss class if you do not have to. You have to treat it like a job and make sure that you get it done.

Original review: April 19, 2020

One of my family members was doing Allen School's program and at the time, I wanted to go back to school and do something based on health on the medical field. She actually got me an appointment with one of the counselors there. I was supposed to go twice, but I missed the appointment. I went on the third time and liked it when they gave me a tour of the school. I signed up.

The learning experience was nice because the teachers were helpful and would try their best. They would always allow us to stay even after school for extra help with anything. Moreover, the classes weren't so big and the students help one another. I like how they were flexible with the schedules. Sometimes when you start school, things start to happen in your personal life and you have to miss days. They will always give you options so that you could make up your hours eventually.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I heard about the Allen School from a friend and then I qualified. Their enrollment process was quick. I was like, "Okay. Let's put our first foot forward with positive attitude," and I did great -- I was probably one of the best students in the class. Then I ended up getting an internship at NYU, and that is where I'm currently at right now. There was one professor that I had trouble understanding, but, other than that, the professors were very nice. Some students were tough and I saw it. But, as a good student, you let yourself stay out. Allen School has a lot of patience, and they want you to learn and succeed. They also want to educate you on what is out there in the medical field. They see your potential, too, and if your potential is high, they place you in a challenging environment, but where you can manage.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I heard about Allen School through a friend who previously went there and I decided to attend the same school after I went in for a walk-through to see the teachers, the classes, and basically what the school was about. The enrollment experience was amazing. I have teachers with different ethnicities, different degrees, and different majors. They basically take the time as well. If you didn’t understand, they will stay with you after school to do that. The school chose wisely for the qualities of the professors. You could be going through certain things and the professor will understand. The professors would take their time to understand what everybody else was going through. While you have to pay a certain amount out-of-pocket, they’ll be able to help you and adjust to your time. As long as you let the professors know, even if you have children, they’ll go around your schedule and things like that.

Phlebotomy is a skill that you will have to learn, and the teachers will allow you to inject, practice sticking needles, and then withdrawing blood. So, my learning experience was amazing. If I was to go to a doctor’s office, I tend to see errors that they would do. So, it shows you that things that you would learn in Allen School, it doesn’t matter about if you’re just a MA. Doctors have mistakes too. I recently went to the doctor, and my doctor had made a mistake, and this made me realize this is why I wanna do it. The school helped me a lot. And when you’re learning and doing something that you love, time goes by fast. On your first day, you could be like, “What have I done?” But after a couple of days or a couple of months, you’ll realize that it’s worth it, and it’ll keep you going.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I was looking for something fast because I have a son so I had to have time for him. Then, I found out that Allen School was the perfect school for me since it would be six months of studying and two months of training. So, that made me think that it was easy for me. I’m doing my internship now. My experience studying in Allen School was great. I was able to understand all the teachers and if I didn’t understand something, I could ask them and they could explain to me more broadly.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I had a cousin that had gone to Allen School of Health Science and he told me that it was a good school to go to. It really drew my attention, especially from having a family background that’s in medicine as well. I decided to do something new to try and it’s turning out pretty good too. I liked it. It was quite fun. Dr. Ann really makes her class fun. She’s a great instructor. I really liked her, as well as Dr. Dan, Dr. Susan, Ms. Vivian, Ms. **. They're all great instructors. There are ups and downs, but the way they teach, they try to make it simple and easy for us to learn right away.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I had a friend who went to Allen School and graduated. Really, I was hearing all good stuff about it. I decided to enroll and that experience was smooth. Everybody was helpful. Then the curriculum and the teachers were great. The teachers would teach you and help you. They don’t mind helping. Everything was good. Dr. **, in particular, helped us a lot. Even though we only had him for the last month, it felt like we had him the whole year. He was the most helpful person.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Once I was done with high school, I wasn’t sure of what I wanted to do. I found out about Allen School and thought of giving it a try. The enrollment process was easy and they would always help me if I had any questions. I really liked the learning. Everything was hands-on and that’s what I loved about it. Everyone from there was always helpful. Every time I had a question, they’d answer it. The professors were professional and knew what they were doing. A friend was asking me what I was doing now that I’ve graduated, and I told him about Allen. I told him everything, how they treated us, how everything went on, and how fun it was.

Original review: May 6, 2020

One of the workers went to my high school and spoke on what Allen School was. I enrolled with them and the process was very quick and very easy. But the learning experience was very stressful. There was a lot of information in a short amount of time and and it was very overwhelming. Every day was a different topic and we weren't allowed to have very bad grades. But the professors were very helpful and very open to questions. They also answered questions very well.

Allen School Company Information