Call toll free
4.74/5

Queens, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 55 years the Allen School of Health Sciences has been helping people just like you train for a career in health care. We use our strength and competitive edge in health care career training to make YOU our next success story! We stick with health care because it’s what we know, and we’re good at it. We hold the tools you need to complete your education FAST.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

418 Allen School Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I was walking on Jamaica Avenue and I saw the Allen School, so I went in to find out about the program and see how it goes. The enrollment was easy because the girl who did it was Lisandra, and she was very helpful and nice. She explained everything in detail and showed me around. Every little detail she said made it easier for me to finally make up my mind in what I'm doing. I also qualified for financial aid, which is not too bad. So far, all the professors are good. They've taught us a lot and have been very helpful as well.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My co-worker told me about Allen School and it was close to where I was living. It was easy to get enrolled and get started there. The professors were also good.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My mom was a student at Allen School a long time ago, and she told me that t I should go there to further my medical experience. Other schools take about a year, maybe two years, to graduate. But, when I found out that Allen School was for nine months, it really made me interested more -- it is the best thing I have heard so far. I got a beautiful tour of the school during enrollment. The person that I spoke with was very nice. She informed me of everything good and everything bad, and the good outweighed the bad. The learning is great and I'm learning every day. The curriculum is not hard, and the instructors explain everything, so it's pretty enjoyable. The professors are very professional, and they're easy to get along with. If I have any questions, I'm able to ask them questions.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Some girls who went to my high school went to Allen School. They were saying it's a good school and to check it out. So, I did and I ended up going there. Allen School's reps were friendly and they made me feel welcome. Also, I had help from the advisers during the enrollment so I wasn't as confused or troubled. The learning experience was easy and everything was self-explanatory. I had two professors and they took their time to answer questions I had. They helped me with everything and if I was confused, they walked me through it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My mom, cousin, and best friend went to Allen School years ago. I also used them for my CNA back in 2016, but I didn't get a chance to renew my certificate because I was sick. I started my MA course at Plaza College but I switched to Allen because it's closer for me because of the kids. There was one little snag during enrollment because Plaza College didn't send my information up to all they need for my GED. It took Plaza College a while so I spoke to them and they verified that I obtained it there. As for my learning experience with Allen, it's not bad. It's a lot to learn in just five weeks so maybe the courses should be a little bit longer. But still, it depends on how fast a student learns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I stopped going to school, and I wanted to be in the medical field a little bit faster. Then, I had a friend that came here, and she told me about Allen School. When I first came in, they made me feel welcome. Everybody helped around and made me feel comfortable. If they see you struggle, they'll help you what to do and how to get your grade up. The professors are great, and they want you to be successful. My course to being a nurse is for nine months, and everything is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I wanna get a career and not have to wait so long for it. My friend told me about Allen School and enrolling with them was perfectly fine. I wanted to do CNA but they only told me about the Medical Assistant program and said that it's the only one they have. I didn't know they have CNA, which I guess they keep on the hush. The Medical Assistant program is more money and they also didn't tell me about that. Other than that, my learning experience is good and I don't have issues. The professors are dope as well and I like all of them. So, overall, Allen School is good.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was desperate and wanted to go for CNA. I saw middle-aged people with blue uniforms and I asked them what they were doing with CNA classes. They said they were doing medical assistance, but that they think that they have a facility that I should go check out. I ended up going and checked Allen School out and I wasn't really convinced at first. So, I didn't really stay and didn't give in my admission for the $100. But then, I went back and then I talked to a different person. They broke it down and made it more detailed. Since that originally was what I wanted to do, I decided to go through with it. The enrollment was kinda difficult because I had something wrong with my financial aid. When I went in, I thought that they would go halfway at least with me to help me in resolve the problem but I ended up doing it by myself. But it still worked out.

There's a lot of things that I would rather be better, though. For example, the classroom setting. Some of us are big and sometimes, the seats are hard to sit on. And the other day, we were practicing with the crutches and the crutches were in bad condition. This whole school just needs a renovation and better quality with the uniforms. Also, they should have more than one teacher in the classroom. With some people, they need their one-on-one and sometimes, the professor can't really do that or doesn't feel like doing it. But, overall, it's good because once you do a whole week, the teachers tell you where you stand, what you need, and what you're missing. The structure is put up well.

My classmates and I write suggestions and we put it in a box. But they don't really pay attention to stuff like that. They could try to go halfway and try to help whoever it is no matter how tough or annoying the situation might be. I know some situations can be frustrating to certain people. But a job is a job. They're there to help us and we're here to help them because most of us are paying out of pocket. And we want something good to come out of it.

Other than that, my experience so far has been good. The teachers are helpful and they care about my education. They try to work with me and try to help me with anything that I need and anything that is required. And they push me, too. They're good people. Especially with my class, in particular, it feels like family because all of us get along. We help each other out and look after one another. We explain to each other different things that we don't understand. Also, I really enjoy the anatomy and administrative classes. It's easy and if I didn't understand something, they would try to explain it to me in a different way which is good.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Allen School is an easy school. My friend was going to that school, and then I asked her what school she was going to, and she gave me all the information. She then referred me to Alicia. I wanted to do a fast career, and since it is a small school I thought they would pay more attention to me and help me more, and they did. During the enrollment, they gave me a tour of the school, and I got to talk to some teachers. The process was pretty easy. We have a lecture on Mondays and Tuesdays, and on Wednesdays, we have reviews. Then, every Friday, we have a test. The professors are very helpful. They make everything seem easier and more understandable. Them being good would be my highlight.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I learned about Allen School from the internet and I liked the timing of the program. The enrollment went well and the staff I worked with impressed me with the way he was able to explain the program. He also showed me the facility and worked with my timing. The professors are wonderful and it’s a good program. I'm learning fast and I love the pace. There are a few new professors who are adjusting to the program and it’s working out well for all of us. Allen School is a perfect way to get started in the medical field and it’s a great school.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I started schooling at Allen but then I didn't get to finish because there was a problem with my loan. Still, I liked how there were different people and departments to work with there. While there was one person that was no good, all their other teachers were fine. I recommend others to go to Allen School.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I wanted to go into the medical field, so I was online and searching. I saw the advertisement for Allen School of Health Sciences on Instagram, so I just put in and I was called back immediately. I was also given the address of this group, so I came over. When we first started, I didn't know it was gonna be like that. It was not easy, with working and going to school. It was somehow tedious. But later on, I got it right, so I was able to buckle up. Also, my learning was cool because the teachers were really trying and it was much more for the students who understand easier. If the teacher is teaching, and you told the teacher, "I don't understand," he's ready to go all over again. The professors were good and they were helping us a lot.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My mom told me about Allen School and I searched it up. I looked at all accomplishments from others who graduated from there and they had high success stories. I looked at everything that they offered and I was so close to me. So, it was a good option and I liked them. Enrolling with them was really easy. As soon as I called, they told me to come in the next day for my interview process. Then, they introduced to me everything. I already brought half the things I needed like my high school diploma so on my next visit, I gave the deposit and then I was settled.

My learning experience at Allen was great. I thought it would be hard since I wasn’t in school for a while but the teachers made it very easy for me to understand and if I didn’t understand, I was not afraid to ask and they just explained. All my professors were great and they all taught very well. My first two modules went super fast and I just started my third module. People ask me about Allen School all the time and I always recommend my friends to come. I always show them that it’s great and it’s easy to learn.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I went to Allen School of Health Sciences under the medical assistant program and I liked everything. The teachers explained well and I understood what they said. You just have to study hard. The students there were friendly too and they reached out.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

10 years ago, I heard about Allen School. It was teaching the right thing that I wanted to learn. It's very educational and I have been learning a lot. The professors are very good and intelligent while the students are well-mannered. It’s a great experience. People should stick with it and try and attend the classes as much as they can.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Allen School has financial aid, so I know I would get help to pay for school, like I did in college. They also offer night school and morning school. Enrolling was very educational. They showed us where everything was, and then we had an orientation. I got to meet the people who would go through all the modules with me during my orientation. I went there for CNA, and they explained everything to me. I love the professors. They make it very easy for us to understand and learn. They also give us different ways to remember the work, so it's easier to remember for tests.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I wanted to get into a nursing program. When I checked out York College, I needed to have credits to schooling and seeing that I was not schooled there, it was not possible. When I called the administrator for Phillips School, she told me about Allen School of Health Sciences in Brooklyn but I live in Queens and when I went online, I noticed that there was one in Queens. There was also one in Arizona. Then I found out that my friend was attending Allen and was on her fourth module. I also met Cathy and she was amazing. We went on the internet and she showed me the scope of the advancement of the common MMA and that over the next few years, certain things like OPN will be phased out because the medical assistant is now being trained to do a wider vast of things than an OPN was trained to do.

After we did that, I decided to attend Allen School. My plan is after I'm done with Allen, I will see if I can get into the nursing program at York or maybe after obtaining a job in a hospital or a clinic, they would be able to send me to a nursing school. I also went to their financial aid department and they were great as well. I paid my enrollment fee, bought my uniform, and I was in a class on July the 2nd. I go to a night school and there is a big difference in the night structure from the day structure. It's very quiet, very laid back, and smooth going.

Allen School's teachers are very attentive to us and they do whatever it takes to make sure that we understand exactly what it is that they want us to learn. If we didn’t understand, they made sure that it would be put in layman's terms that even the simplest of person would understand. The teachers are excellent. One of them is a doctor and he's great at what he does. Many of the teachers are actual physicians or were physicians and they’re not just teaching theoretically. They can impart to us the practicality of it and that makes it easier for everyone to understand. Everyone is on time and always present, too. I've recommended Allen School to two people.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I'm happy that I made the decision to study at Allen School of Health Sciences. I was told that they were a really good school. I also heard of them from a friend who goes there, and I trusted the people who gave me the tour. The enrollment was good. It was fast and easy and I really liked it. The classes are easy for me because I really like what I'm studying. I put effort whenever I study, so I come prepared whenever there's a test. The instructors are also really good. Allen School of Health Sciences has helped me a lot and I really like them. There were things that I wouldn't understand or didn't know, and the more I study, the more I learn. I'm enjoying my experience.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I came across Allen School of Health Sciences when I was searching up a new school, on the internet. I scheduled a campus tour visit and I fell in love with it. The enrollment was easy and the people there try. They view you in with the information, talk about the programs, their expectations, and what happens after the program. My learning experience has been really good so far and I can get a lot of information. The professors also work in the field.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was looking for a good Medical Assistant program and I I filled out some questions on Instagram. Allen School called me and I set up an interview and spoke with one of the ladies. They accepted me to be a part of their program and I put down a down payment and I enrolled in the following semester. Allen School is closest to my house and it's a good school. They give a lot of support. They also give financial aids and grants but I didn’t apply for that.

I'm into my second now and every semester is different. Last semester, I did four classes and this semester is three. It depends on the hours but it's good. It's a lot of one-on-one. My class is a class of 12, so it's not too small and I like it better because I'm the type of person where I like to be able to answer questions and ask questions. I developed a relationship with all of my classmates also, so it's easy with studying. The professors are all the best and I love them. They make it more personal and not really too school-like. So, when it comes to helping us, they get to know us personally and they get to know about our life and how we’re doing and what situations we’re going through that might affect us from not being able to finish a work and they work with us on that.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was checking out medical schools online, and I saw Allen School. When I read the comments, I saw that it's one of the best so I decided to go there and get information. At first, I put my ZIP code online and then someone called me immediately and gave me an appointment. They explained the steps to follow, and they asked me about my qualification for financial aid. When I brought all the documents, they sent me through the financial aid service and did what they had to do. In the first module, I had no problem with the teachers. In the second module, there is a new teacher who we don’t understand very well. But the curriculum is not the same, and that's why we cannot understand what she means and she also cannot understand what we mean. Overall it's a good school and all is going well for me right now. I've already recommended it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was googling different medical assisting programs, and Allen School was one of the top schools that were popping up on the lists on the internet. When I went to Allen School, I was just looking to see what the school was about. I wasn’t really set on going to Allen School because I had two other schools that I was gonna check out. But after speaking to Gabby, she made me feel like Allen School was the right school for me.

She was very welcoming and so happy to speak to me. She was encouraging me because I explained to her that when I was in school, I started off as a nursing major, but the science classes were really hard for me, and I ended up dropping them. So, she was explaining to me that Allen School is not the same as a regular college or university where the science classes are broken down. The teachers are there to help and they’ll know my name. She was bragging on the entire program to me, and it made me feel confident like I can take the science courses.

The enrollment went smoothly. And then when I got to module 1, I was a little bit nervous because I was mostly worried about the anatomy and physiology classes. But I really loved my professor, and so that first term, I got a 4.0. So far, I've liked all of my professors. They know my name, so when I come for help, it's not like they're just speaking to a stranger. Also, they're all very helpful. I feel like I can talk to them. I've definitely stayed back a few times where I was confused on a subject and topic that we were learning, and they were there to help me.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

One of my friend's cousin used to go to Allen School. My enrollment went well and they told me all the information. I also went to the orientation and they spoke about everything. I’ve only been to the school for a month but it’s been great. The professors are very good and they care about you learning.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I looked online for a school that had a medical system program and when I enrolled with Allen School, there was a short interview with Gabriella. She seemed to care about what my interests were and that was a great experience. Everything has has been going well also. The classes are a good size. But the school needs a real area where people can study and a few more options for break time rather than just a vending machine and a microwave.

Also, since they allow students to do makeup hours, maybe they can also allow students to do some type of extra credit. It could be an additional assignment that can help students who are not that good at test-taking. The makeup hour can also be about a material that is on a test and that way, students can get extra studying for the exams. I had some health issues and missed some days. This was a whole new field for me and I missed a good amount of information. So now, I have to retake a class and I’m with a completely different group.

There is also a lot of students straight out of high school and who are very young. They may never experience going to school where there is a lot of drama and children. Allen has people come in and talk but there is not a designated time for it. So you either have to go during your lunch or miss valuable information for this lady to come and talk about basically nothing. If they’re gonna do that, they should include information about how important it is for the students to be able to hold their tongue in certain situations or present themselves a certain way. Since they will be going into the health industry, they are gonna be dealing with a lot of different people who might be angry or sick or who not be in the right mind. Students wouldn’t wanna lash out on everybody and that’s really important for some of the students to know.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was in Allen School for a month. I went in, applied and I had a good experience with the enrollment. The professors were good, and everybody was helpful and nice. I was passing tests in my classes and doing perfectly in school. I really wanna complete the program because I really want my certificate, but I felt like I was not ready yet to go to school because it’s just not the time this summer. Other than that, it was a blessing having gone there at Allen School.

Original review: July 25, 2018

A friend that I used to go to high school with had a great experience with Allen School. My brother’s girlfriend also went there. I checked the school and then my enrollment was good. I had a good counselor who walked me through everything. I just finished my first module and I’m in my second mod now. It was great. I learned so much already and I love the school. I love all my professors too, especially my anatomy teacher. She’s great. Another professor is also hilarious. I would recommend Allen School to anybody. If you wanna enroll for a medical career, it’s the school to go to.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I enjoy being at the Allen School of Health Sciences. Their professors are great. They are very lively and patient. They also make our learning experience easy.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I searched online for a Medical Assistant or Nursing school and I came across Allen School, so I made an appointment. I initially wanted to do the Nursing program but the lady who did the intake said that because I've never been in the medical field or I haven't done anything medical then she would recommend the Medical Assistant program. Since it was the only actual good school that I could find at that moment, I joined.

However, Allen School has a tough schedule. At first, I thought I could have done it but things kept complicating. I went there for a couple of months then I dropped out because missing days seemed worse. I had personal problems and the schedule wasn't working out for me. Plus, I had a job offer. Still, Allen School is a good school. I like how strict they are. They act like you are already in the medical field so you can be prepared for the medical field. I would recommend it if they have a flexible schedule and they're open up because Allen School doesn't have night classes.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Getting into Allen School is a great start if you’re interested in medical school or in becoming a medical assistant. I was doing my research and I saw a lot of good reviews about them, so I made an appointment. When I went to my interview with them, I liked how they treated me and also the things that they offered me. My advisor was very helpful as well. She went through all the step that I needed to do. I brought all the paper that I needed and we went from there. Then after that, I went to the orientation. Also, the professors were good and very helpful. If you have any questions or you need help, they’re always available without you having to make an appointment. They will see you no matter what. I’m happy to be in Allen School and I’m doing great there. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Original review: March 22, 2018

When I was in my country, I searched in the internet and saw Allen School for my education purpose. I came here in this country a month ago and decided to do some course and then I choose the school. They have Indian and Jamaican, and every various culture. The school environment and the learning experience is good. The teacher is very helpful. The lecturers are qualified. I’m happy here because I got four times, platinum award. It's just that sometimes, students don’t want to listen to the instruction of the teacher, the rules and regulation. Every student is here to learn something. But some students, who maybe know everything, make noise and don't want to listen. There should be a better way on how to handle the class. Except for that, everything is good. I recommended the school to my friends. Two of my relatives are here already and I told them this school is good and has good opportunity for future. One can learn easily from this school.

Allen School Company Information