Call toll free
4.75/5

Queens, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 56 years the Allen School of Health Sciences has been helping people just like you train for a career in health care. We use our strength and competitive edge in health care career training to make YOU our next success story! We stick with health care because it’s what we know, and we’re good at it. We hold the tools you need to complete your education FAST.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

442 Allen School Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Allen School was a really good school. However, I had a problem paying and stopped going because I didn't have a job. It's hard for me to find a job until now so I can't pay for the loans. Still, learning there was really easy and it's the best school I've ever gone to. Allen School was really helpful and I was really happy going there.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

College is not for me. I have to make money and I didn’t wanna do four years. I wanted something fast and I enjoy the health field. Allen School is really welcoming. It was a breeze. The counselor I had was really nice and we clicked instantly. The price kinda blows you off your feet a bit, but other than that, it’s worth it. I don’t feel discriminated at Allen School at all. It feels like home, and I feel like family and like I could get used to going here for the next six months.

Allen School is very organized. The school is clean and the staff members are really nice. My classmates are really welcoming, too. We do a lot of group work, so it gives you time to socialize with your classmates and if you think you don’t understand, you always have somebody to ask. One of my teachers is not from America, so it’s really hard for me to understand her. Also, the teachers could do a little better. They always seem to be in a rush. They never really try to explain anything in classes. It’s not like, “Okay, you don’t understand this? Let me teach you again.” They’re always trying to tell me to come after school and attend tutoring sessions. But other than that, the teachers are great. They give me a lot of work.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My auntie went to Allen School of Health Sciences. She talked to me about the school and I've googled them and got good information. They also have good service. Allen School is wonderful. In the beginning, I didn't know exactly where to start. For the first week, it was different for me because this is my first time in college. Still, the professors have been amazing. They all have the capacity to explain to you millions of times when you're missing out on some things. That's why I'm liking Allen School because they know what they're doing. Also, they put you in their shoes to explain things. But the only thing they can do is to open your head to push the thing and you should acknowledge. If you acknowledge, you're studying to win and you're good to go. I would tell others that Allen is the best school. They have the best education over there. They teach you for life.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I like the Allen School of Health Sciences. At first, I cried because of the admission and the application fee but after that, enrollment was a good experience. The professors are outstanding and their quality is very high. I have to be a little speedy though and really be paying attention because they go quite fast over everything. Also, it would be nice if they’d have a quiet area simply just for studying, like a library. But overall, I’m satisfied with Allen School.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My experience with Allen School has been so great. I found out about them on Facebook and I felt like it was the perfect school for me. Enrollment was nice. They have friendly classes. My classmates and I always try to help each other with the class. Also, the teachers are very specific and they really helped me with all the materials that you need. The professors really assist us through the class. They explain really well and with details. My learning experience is very good and I have good grades for now. I'd really recommend Allen School for everybody that wants to be a medical assistant and for anyone that wants to take the first step in their careers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

A friend who attended Allen School told me that it was a very good school and she enjoyed it. Their fast process also led me to go there. It was pretty easy to get enrolled in the program. And so far, everything is fast-paced, but it's okay.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was checking on the computer for somewhere that I would get hands-on experience and that wouldn’t last a long time, and Allen School was one of those that came up. So, I went there and found out more. They do a lot of hands-on training and they do internship as well. Their internship is more than a week, so you get to learn hands-on what happens in the real world as opposed to just book knowledge. I enrolled in the program and it was quite easy. They were very accommodating and they helped me along the way.

I like the orientation. I like how they told us that we should be professional with certain words like the f-word. A lot of people like to use that word but it shouldn’t be used there. They also told us how we should dress and groom ourselves. I like the professionalism and that that’s what they require. I like that they talk about how we should behave because that’s very important. In the world we live in, the way people conduct themselves nowadays, it’s bad to take that into the working field. I like the classes and the teachers. They are really good and they work with you. The way they put things, it’s easy to grasp them and to learn, and I like that too. I'm very satisfied with Allen School. My experience with them, so far, has been good.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I went through the Allen School of Health Sciences website and I thought to myself that was what I needed. The enrollment process was easy, and the staff are lovely, nice and welcoming. They gave me all the necessary information I needed. The staff helped me really do my enrollment. I'm really enjoying my time at the school right now. The learning process and the instructors are really good. The professors are all down to earth. They make sure we understand every detail, every information they gave to us. Allen School is the place to be.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My advisor and I had an interview and an open-house, and I liked what I saw so I decided to go to Allen School. Getting enrolled was very easy. The learning experience so far is very easy as well and all of the professors are very educated and well-qualified to teach the subjects that they teach. They are also very helpful in any way with the homework and tests. They’re very informative and don't leave too much room for me to guess. They just tell the information and make it very easy for me to learn.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was searching for a program and an adviser from Allen School contacted me. We talked and started processing for me to start this school. I don’t wanna be in school for such a long time, and just for the certification, I knew it was gonna be quicker. Learning at Allen is very fast-paced, and they offer extra help where it need be like if you’re struggling somewhere, so that’s pretty good. The teachers are calm, but some of them keep you up in the course of the evening, so I like that. So far, so I’m looking forward to the rest of the year.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Allen School has the phlebotomy class and EKG. I also heard they had teachers who are real nurses, and I can learn a lot from them. I enrolled with them and it was intense. It was good that the school wanted to make sure that the students are dedicated, but I got nervous about the interview part where I had to explain why I wanted to be accepted. It was like a real interview. On a different note, the professors are good and I like them. My learning experience is also good and I like it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I like medical assisting so I went to Allen School. It has been hard because I’m not working right now but I have to pay $45 every week. I have to study. But I like the school. They have good students, employees and teachers. The professors help me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My cousin went to Allen School of Health Sciences and I’ve always wanted to be a medical assistant. Now could be the best time and enrolling wasn’t hard. I had chats off their website, and within the next day, I was told to come in for an orientation. The professors are very good and my experience with Allen School has been good. They’re definitely helpful.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I am having medical issues at the moment. I wasn’t able to go farther than what I wanted to go so I went to Allen School. It was very easy to enroll and I'm impressed with the engagement to everybody there. The learning has also been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Allen School has a specific set of learning, which was what I wanted to do in the future. Enrolling with them was easy and I like the school overall. They have great teachers, and they make things easy for people to understand.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was already in a college in Manhattan, but getting to the medical certificate was a really long process. I asked my friend and she told me about Allen. Enrolling was really easy, the professors were very good and I enjoyed my learning experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Allen was the first school I went to and they were very helpful. Financial aid was very efficient and the counselors were nice as well. Learning there is slow-paced so it's not overwhelming. The professors are lenient and they know what they’re talking about. I’d definitely recommend to one of my friends.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was already in the medical field with my previous job and it motivated me to study at Allen School. The learning experience has been good. I like the professors. They're very friendly and they work well.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I really needed some short-term goals for my life. I looked up Allen School of Health Sciences online and since their program was only for nine months, I enrolled. Enrolling was a little difficult on my part because I was expecting a baby and I had to get my life a little situated but it was easy on their part to go through the process and get started. I'm currently in the first module and I'm learning a lot. I'm learning from a physician and she's excellent. I'm impressed by how thorough she is. She always has a story to back things up. The definitions of things are nothing now - I know how and why things work. I also have an anatomy class - the class which I'm most interested in - and other classes which are office-based. My experience with Allen School has been wonderful and I would recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I was scrolling on Instagram, and I found Allen School and I applied. Then a month later, they called me. I wanted to be in the medical field and it was an opportunity to go to that school because that was the only school that was close to where I live. So I went with them and the enrollment was a good experience. I got to know everything on that same day and I even took a tour around the school. It was good and I liked it. Sandra, the enrollment specialist, helped me and made me feel comfortable. She was full of energy and we clicked right there. Then every time I see her in the school, we always chat up, so it is good.

The learning experience with Allen School has been good, so far. The only thing I do not like is that we get two hours of learning English and computers, but we don’t get two hours learning anatomy, stuff that we need to learn. Nevertheless, everything is understandable and is like common sense. I've been a student there for two months now and the professors are all very nice. Go to Allen School.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I wanted to go somewhere in the nursing field but I couldn't really decide if I wanted to commit to going as far as a community college or a college per se to do the full four years. I wanted to experience it in a way that it wouldn't be too overwhelming for me. I was told that it's a nine-month program and once I got to walk around and I knew how everything was, I decided I should go to Allen School.

The enrollment was very easy. They gave me an appointment to come in and to meet with the adviser and once I did, she gave me a tour of the school. She let me know the process and what sort of careers I can get out of it. She also gave me quite a bit of information which I felt was good enough for me to join the team. So the same day, I gave them my registration fee, got my uniform and my own orientation date.

The learning experience has been great so far and I appreciate it. At first, I didn't know some of the stuff but when I was out and about and heard certain things, I was like, "Hey, I learned that. I remember that. I thought I didn't know that." They are also sending us on an externship so we wouldn't go in just book-ready but we'll be more hands-on-ready so we can do the things needed.

The professors seem to appreciate what they do and they like teaching and giving all this information. A lot of them also give stuff that one needs to pursue the career further if they see that light in a person. A couple of teachers told me that I was doing good and that I should keep pushing afterwards and become an RN. I also like the fact that there are a lot of things for us to do outside the campus and events like breast cancer awareness, the Toys for Tots, and going to the nursing homes.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Allen School was in my area and they provided what I needed in that moment. I went to the campus to get more information about it, and then I went through the financial aid for the classes that I had and the time. It was easy to navigate through the courses and you have people there to help you. The professors were great and I enjoyed the school. I went to internship for three months, graduated on the 23rd, and started working right away.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

A friend told me about Allen School of Health Sciences. It was the only place I knew so I said, “Okay. I'm going to give it a try.” I went to the school to enroll and their process wasn't difficult at all. The professors were really down to earth, nice and friendly. It was a wonderful experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I was walking on Jamaica Avenue and I saw the Allen School, so I went in to find out about the program and see how it goes. The enrollment was easy because the girl who did it was Lisandra, and she was very helpful and nice. She explained everything in detail and showed me around. Every little detail she said made it easier for me to finally make up my mind in what I'm doing. I also qualified for financial aid, which is not too bad. So far, all the professors are good. They've taught us a lot and have been very helpful as well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My co-worker told me about Allen School and it was close to where I was living. It was easy to get enrolled and get started there. The professors were also good.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My mom was a student at Allen School a long time ago, and she told me that t I should go there to further my medical experience. Other schools take about a year, maybe two years, to graduate. But, when I found out that Allen School was for nine months, it really made me interested more -- it is the best thing I have heard so far. I got a beautiful tour of the school during enrollment. The person that I spoke with was very nice. She informed me of everything good and everything bad, and the good outweighed the bad. The learning is great and I'm learning every day. The curriculum is not hard, and the instructors explain everything, so it's pretty enjoyable. The professors are very professional, and they're easy to get along with. If I have any questions, I'm able to ask them questions.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Some girls who went to my high school went to Allen School. They were saying it's a good school and to check it out. So, I did and I ended up going there. Allen School's reps were friendly and they made me feel welcome. Also, I had help from the advisers during the enrollment so I wasn't as confused or troubled. The learning experience was easy and everything was self-explanatory. I had two professors and they took their time to answer questions I had. They helped me with everything and if I was confused, they walked me through it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My mom, cousin, and best friend went to Allen School years ago. I also used them for my CNA back in 2016, but I didn't get a chance to renew my certificate because I was sick. I started my MA course at Plaza College but I switched to Allen because it's closer for me because of the kids. There was one little snag during enrollment because Plaza College didn't send my information up to all they need for my GED. It took Plaza College a while so I spoke to them and they verified that I obtained it there. As for my learning experience with Allen, it's not bad. It's a lot to learn in just five weeks so maybe the courses should be a little bit longer. But still, it depends on how fast a student learns.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I stopped going to school, and I wanted to be in the medical field a little bit faster. Then, I had a friend that came here, and she told me about Allen School. When I first came in, they made me feel welcome. Everybody helped around and made me feel comfortable. If they see you struggle, they'll help you what to do and how to get your grade up. The professors are great, and they want you to be successful. My course to being a nurse is for nine months, and everything is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I went with Allen School so I can get a career and not have to wait so long for it. My friend told me about Allen School and enrolling with them was perfectly fine. I wanted to do CNA but they only told me about the Medical Assistant program and said that it's the only one they have. I didn't know they have CNA, which I guess they keep on the hush. The Medical Assistant program is more money and they also didn't tell me about that. Other than that, my learning experience is good and I don't have issues. The professors are dope as well and I like all of them. So, overall, Allen School is good.

Allen School Company Information