Allen School

Queens, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Once I took the Allen School tour I knew it was a perfect fit for me. All the staff was there to help me with every step of my enrollment, especially in filling out the paperwork. Also, my adviser explained my curriculum in detail. Every professor I've had so far has been excellent. The teachers know how to give and take with each other, when to be really strict and hard on their students, and when to lean back and teach them slowly. Also, they're a very charitable school because each class has their own cause, like my class which raises money for meningitis and the school is helping us out to raise that. It's a great school to go to and it exceeded my expectations.

I found Allen School online and they were the first one I came to. The adviser was absolutely helpful and knowledgeable. I'm doing well with my studies and the experience has been good.

I looked up Allen School online and the adviser that introduced me to the school talked to me and I gave her my situation. She then helped me pick out what type of classes I should be taking during the night or during the morning. That part was pretty enjoyable and good. I also enjoyed attending classes at Allen School.

Allen School said something good and convinced me to go back to school. All the professors I got were nice and they helped me with all that I wanted to ask them. It was a good experience going there and I'm having my internship now.

Enrolling at The Allen School was not easy for me because I was still in school, but they were able to work with me. Learning here is difficult at first, but I can work with it and I'm still here right now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

My experience attending Allen School is really good. The adviser was very helpful and knowledgeable. She forced me a little bit but I appreciate that she did ‘cause if not, I would have never gone to Allen. However in some of the classes, I feel like I already know everything that they’re teaching me. But it’s a really good school and I like it.

I liked Allen School's flexible schedule. My adviser was really helpful during the enrollment process. I've been in the school since September and I'm really learning a lot. When I don't understand something, the professors are there to help me.

I've seen on Snapchat one of the girls attending Allen School. I've seen her snaps and asked her how was it going with the school and she said it was great and she loves it. So she made me an appointment with her counselor. Then I got to speak to his counselor and I got enrolled at Allen School. The counselor was very motivating. I probably wouldn’t have done it with Allen School if not because of him. Some of the professors are awesome and some are not so awesome. Some of them are very helpful. And anything that I needed, I can go to them and they will be able to help me out. I feel like they're very inviting. However, I have an issue with one particular teacher but it could be because of a language barrier.

I was looking to do a medical assistant program and came across the Allen School site. Then I went into the school directly and got more information. The enrollment process was simple and fast. I learned a lot while I was with them and the experience was very informative and had a lot of depth. The flexible schedule was okay. However, more effort should be placed in researching sites for students because they're giving students a lot of knowledge and they need to know that the sites are what they are expecting so that they can show their experience then or they can gain more experience. I expect to be in a good site, in a good medical facility. I am on the verge of going on an externship and I had to do a change of site because I wasn't too satisfied with it. That was my only problem.

I'm enjoying my experience with Allen School. The adviser is very helpful and he gave me a lot of advice on how the school was and how everything was going to be. The classes and the tour were also fun. The professors have that level of understanding that we all are different and have different ways that we learn. They do the best that they can if we need any help with the homework or if we don't understand something, we could always come to them and ask them questions.

Allen School is right along where I live. The pricing is a little high and enrollment was challenging but I'm working along with it. However, the professors are very helpful and the experience has been good so far.

My mom told me about Allen School and when I enrolled, it was welcoming and easy. I stepped into the office and they made me feel comfortable and broke down the process to me. It wasn't too complex and was pretty straightforward. They had me meet with a couple of the staff first when I got there so they let me know who are the faces I'll most likely see around the office. Allen is a great school and I would it recommend to a friend and to anybody looking into pursuing health sciences.

I had one teacher who's very strong. He forces some students who don't really give as much attention as they should but he demanded respect as well as made the students feel like no matter what they came there for, he's going to make sure they got their money's worth. He also made sure that the students do what they got to do, that their homework is done and that they take the class as serious as possible. He had the patience as well as the understanding for the students he was dealing with and of the fact that they are diverse. He didn't mind taking time out afterwards to work with the students. He even talked to me about personal issues and was ready to listen. Overall, I feel like he made the experience quite worthwhile. I didn't mind waking up everyday to go to class knowing that he was my teacher.

Prior to going to Allen School I went to a school for helping people and in the field of bible and seminar institute. Going then to Allen School is somewhat related to my field which is loving people, and taking care and helping others out. The enrolment experience was very great. I met with a representative who was working with the Allen School team and she was very nice to me. She showed me around the school and what I would be getting myself into. She explained to me in detail what the school was about and it was a very great experience for me.

The teachers I encountered were great as well. They took their time to help me to learn on what I didn't understand before I went out into the field and not just left me behind. They did make sure that one was well equipped and well trained before going out in the field. I had a desire to learn and my passion was caring for others and that's what I wanted to do, so I made the best of it and I came out successful.

It was excellent at Allen School. My enrollment experience was good. However, they were trying to force me to do a medical assistance course and I told them that's not what I was there for. I was there to become a CNA, and I did what I told them I wanted to do. I had a wonderful teacher. She was one of the best and was hands-on. She made sure we'd get what we needed to learn before we were ready to fit the apron. I recommend people to go to Allen School. Seven people that I've sent have gone there.

During the enrollment at Allen School, there was a nice pitch to the school and they made it feel as though it was more family oriented. It was easy to the point where everyone was there and willing to help you in the best way they could. Some instructors were better than others, but that’s a part of any school. I learned something that I thought I was too old to learn. I really appreciated some of the teachers there because they hung in there with me. Overall, I had a great experience. It was a great course.

I went online and searched for medical assistance schools, and Allen School came up, so I went there for an interview. After enrolling with them, it was difficult at first because it's been awhile that I didn't go to school, and I was both going to school and working, but I did it and it was okay after a while. It was great being there and I loved the teachers. Everything was okay, and I learned a lot. My learning experience wasn't difficult at all. The teachers made it easy for us. We just had to do our homework, research and read more. Overall, my experience with Allen School was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I enrolled at the Allen School of Health Sciences because I wanted to go back to school and thought of taking a course on medical billing and coding. The enrollment specialist was very helpful and explained a lot of things to me. The professors are excellent and I like the way that some of them explain things to try and help me understand things better while in class. I thought that I wasn't going to be able to keep up because of my work schedule and trying to go to school, but it turned out to be a good experience overall and I'm glad I made it through.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Allen School. I Iearned my friends had already signed in and they got approved. I wanted to try it too so I signed up. The professors were really great. It's easy to learn from them. They teach how I teach. They make sure that everyone understood what's going on in classroom. I like them and I recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When Allen School called and asked me if I wanted to further my career, I decided to go ahead and do it. Now I'm learning a lot and I really like it. The professors are pretty good because they've already been in the field. They know what to expect and they're teaching what we can expect when we start with our career. I like that they don't just read from a book and they've actually lived and experienced it. It's something I'm looking forward to--finding a job. I just wish that we would have books. We use eBooks, but I'm more of a hands-on and I prefer to flip through pages.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allen School has an Accelerated Learning Program and it's for nine months compared to everywhere else that's 18 months. The enrollment went pretty smoothly and the program advisor was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Whatever she didn't know, she found out for me. So far, I'm in my last mod. I got four more weeks and I'm done. However, I felt that some of the classes were unneeded while some of them could have been longer and a little more in-depth like for the class on medical terminologies. HIM and Law and Ethics could have been combined too and they didn't need to be six weeks each.

Career Development was good but it needed to be geared more towards the medical field. I have 10 years of experience in the medical field but the girls in my study group do not. They were more looking for the buzzwords because they know that when you apply online for places, your resume gets filtered due to buzzwords. They felt that there wasn't enough of the real world that they needed. Also, some of the professors that we had were extremely knowledgeable while it felt like others were reading off of flash cards. But those aside, I'm getting a good enough education to where I feel confident when I take my test for my CTC that I will pass successfully.

Additionally, I made some really good friends in Allen which is hard to do when you are on an online course where you don't actually have to see anybody. There are three of us in the group and we have been together since the first mod. Even though one has moved into a different time frame, she's still in the same classes. They serve as another set of ears and eyes to bounce the question off of and to get a different perspective from.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband told me to take the time to go back to school and I brushed him off, but the more I talked to Nicole from Allen School, the more I thought that maybe it's the school that I needed to get into. I took it from there and I've been going to Allen School ever since. They listened to what I had to say instead of brushing me off and pushing the financial aid. They actually cared. Everything that Nicole mentioned, she stood behind.

Enrollment was quick and the classes are more hands-on than anything. The degree classes are a lot smaller. It's pretty good, more learning than it is joking. Everybody is about business to where you don't have people logging out and leaving class early. They pick and choose who they wanted to be in the degree program and it should be like that throughout all of the classes on the online program. And Allen School did a terrific job in picking the professors. All of them are amazing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Allen School, talked to them and it sounded good. I had a very great enrollment experience. Some of the professors were amazing but some were not so great. Also, I hope that we had more classes on coding, especially on CPT coding. On our CPT course, we mostly went over ICDTN instead of CPT codes. I took my test the other day and we didn't spend enough time on CPT coding that we should have. I would like to see Allen School do more preparing for the test. I felt very confident before I went into the test but when I've seen it, I saw that we didn't learn all of that. So I felt very scared.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allen School of Health Sciences has different schedules to choose from. It's online and so its flexible. The enrollment was stress-free because the person who helped me walked me through all of that and she was always there if I had questions. As soon as I had something, I emailed or called her and she would return my call or respond to my email.

I learned quite a bit in the classes. Even if I wasn’t there and I had questions and I wasn’t sure about something while doing homework or assignments, I could email or call and the teachers would respond. So in that way, I didn’t have to wait in class. They would give the best explanation they have. If they couldn’t, they would do some research and get back to you the next day or so. They're always there even when you private message them or if you needed help with assignments. If you missed a class, they would call you the next day to see if you were okay and if you had any questions.

It’s a great school because you can have make-up classes. Then if you need extra help, there were always extra classes that you could go to. Someone was always there to help you. I gained a lot of knowledge and a lot of friendships too. Overall, their service was excellent. The teachers, the professors, everyone was on point. It was a great experience and I’m glad I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A representative called me one day and asked me if I wanted to continue my education. That's how I found out about Allen School. I didn't know what I was going to get myself into, but I decided to go with it since they were offering the program I'm currently taking. The lady I was speaking to was really good with me. She gave me a lot of information, followed up with me with emails and phone calls. There's a lot of assignments we have to complete within a week and with having kids, and working it's a little bit challenging, but so far, it's been good. The professors are awesome because they have patience with us, guiding us through whatever issue. They follow up as well by email or either calling if they have that availability.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided on Allen School because of the start date that they had and what they were offering. Everybody was really helpful during the enrollment process and it was quick and easy. The learning experience was great too. A lot of people have a lot of bad stuff to say about online schools, but it's really no different. So far, all of the professors have been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Allen School of Health Sciences from a friend who came here. I have gone to Brooklyn before this school but I liked Allen School better once I came in - the environment, the people, and the way they were talking to me. The enrollment was pretty easy too. I love the professors. It's been a good learning experience and I'd recommend this school.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend who was already enrolled to Allen School told me about them. I enrolled to advance my education because in my family, I have a lot of kids with special needs and I wanted to do something that would help them. They helped me a lot when I was enrolling. Then, while learning, if you don’t understand something, they’ll help you understand it. The professors were really good and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For my particular degree, it was better to have actual interactive hours while still maintaining an online experience and so I went with Allen School. I enrolled on the last days that was possible to enroll by so it was pretty hectic and crazy, but it was enjoyable. Also, the admissions advisors were informative. I really like the classes. It's nice to see some of the other classmates’ perspective, which is something I hadn't gotten in a previous online setting.

Being able to ask the teacher questions as we go through lessons is a big difference too because, the last time I did an online class, I had to wait for my professor to email me back, which was time-consuming and it didn’t always happen as quickly as I needed him to respond. The professors did a good job in explaining the content too. I also like that there's a lot of different resources that we can use like whether we're having issues with the computer or we need advice on something. I like that those options are there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking up schools for medical billing. And I found Allen School who was accredited and completely online. I could do everything from home, which is great. The enrollment was quick and painless as well. They walked me through a bunch of questions like what I'm currently doing then got everything finalized. They did everything for me, so it was nice. The instructors were wonderful too and the professors were topnotch. They also walked me through anything, didn't want to leave anybody hanging if they have a question, and made sure that everybody's continuing on in the same fashion. It was great meeting so many people and getting the connections here and abroad for instructors. They became my friends on Facebook and whatnot. And if I have any questions, I contact them. Also, after the student graduates, they want to know what’s going on with the student’s life. It's such a very friendly environment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started asking my manager questions about the school and if they offered scholarships because I was almost out of high school. She then talked to me about Allen School. I looked into it then made an appointment with Alicia, and then I had gone in to see the school. Having nephews that are disabled, I actually wanted to do pediatrics and start a career from there. It was really easy to enroll. I took a while though because I took six months off. Then Alicia encouraged me to start school that it would be better for me and she was right. I called her at the last week of enrollment actually telling her I want to enroll this week. She told me that it was the last week of enrollment. I was able to do everything fast and got my payments started.

The classrooms are small. The teachers focus. There were not a lot of people for the teachers not to teach correctly. I'm used to small schools because I thought the teachers focused more. In Allen School I feel that the teachers put attention to the students and they help us learn more. My professors are awesome and very nice. They answer to all of our questions. Anything that we need help in, they would always be there. I actually got to learn more from Dr. **. I thought at first, I won’t be able to do this, but she helped us a lot. If we really want this, we can't give up. We have to learn. We have to study. That's the main theme, study and focus into what we're doing. Ms. Vivian and Dr. ** too were always there to help us out. I've recommended them already to a lot of coworkers. I have some coworkers that already enrolled. My sister is planning on enrolling too.

Allen School Company Profile