Allen School

Queens, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Once I took the Allen School tour I knew it was a perfect fit for me. All the staff was there to help me with every step of my enrollment, especially in filling out the paperwork. Also, my adviser explained my curriculum in detail. Every professor I've had so far has been excellent. The teachers know how to give and take with each other, when to be really strict and hard on their students, and when to lean back and teach them slowly. Also, they're a very charitable school because each class has their own cause, like my class which raises money for meningitis and the school is helping us out to raise that. It's a great school to go to and it exceeded my expectations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allen School of Health Sciences has different schedules to choose from. It's online and so its flexible. The enrollment was stress-free because the person who helped me walked me through all of that and she was always there if I had questions. As soon as I had something, I emailed or called her and she would return my call or respond to my email.

I learned quite a bit in the classes. Even if I wasn’t there and I had questions and I wasn’t sure about something while doing homework or assignments, I could email or call and the teachers would respond. So in that way, I didn’t have to wait in class. They would give the best explanation they have. If they couldn’t, they would do some research and get back to you the next day or so. They're always there even when you private message them or if you needed help with assignments. If you missed a class, they would call you the next day to see if you were okay and if you had any questions.

It’s a great school because you can have make-up classes. Then if you need extra help, there were always extra classes that you could go to. Someone was always there to help you. I gained a lot of knowledge and a lot of friendships too. Overall, their service was excellent. The teachers, the professors, everyone was on point. It was a great experience and I’m glad I did it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A representative called me one day and asked me if I wanted to continue my education. That's how I found out about Allen School. I didn't know what I was going to get myself into, but I decided to go with it since they were offering the program I'm currently taking. The lady I was speaking to was really good with me. She gave me a lot of information, followed up with me with emails and phone calls. There's a lot of assignments we have to complete within a week and with having kids, and working it's a little bit challenging, but so far, it's been good. The professors are awesome because they have patience with us, guiding us through whatever issue. They follow up as well by email or either calling if they have that availability.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided on Allen School because of the start date that they had and what they were offering. Everybody was really helpful during the enrollment process and it was quick and easy. The learning experience was great too. A lot of people have a lot of bad stuff to say about online schools, but it's really no different. So far, all of the professors have been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Allen School of Health Sciences from a friend who came here. I have gone to Brooklyn before this school but I liked Allen School better once I came in - the environment, the people, and the way they were talking to me. The enrollment was pretty easy too. I love the professors. It's been a good learning experience and I'd recommend this school.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allen School of Health Sciences?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend who was already enrolled to Allen School told me about them. I enrolled to advance my education because in my family, I have a lot of kids with special needs and I wanted to do something that would help them. They helped me a lot when I was enrolling. Then, while learning, if you don’t understand something, they’ll help you understand it. The professors were really good and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For my particular degree, it was better to have actual interactive hours while still maintaining an online experience and so I went with Allen School. I enrolled on the last days that was possible to enroll by so it was pretty hectic and crazy, but it was enjoyable. Also, the admissions advisors were informative. I really like the classes. It's nice to see some of the other classmates’ perspective, which is something I hadn't gotten in a previous online setting.

Being able to ask the teacher questions as we go through lessons is a big difference too because, the last time I did an online class, I had to wait for my professor to email me back, which was time-consuming and it didn’t always happen as quickly as I needed him to respond. The professors did a good job in explaining the content too. I also like that there's a lot of different resources that we can use like whether we're having issues with the computer or we need advice on something. I like that those options are there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking up schools for medical billing. And I found Allen School who was accredited and completely online. I could do everything from home, which is great. The enrollment was quick and painless as well. They walked me through a bunch of questions like what I'm currently doing then got everything finalized. They did everything for me, so it was nice. The instructors were wonderful too and the professors were topnotch. They also walked me through anything, didn't want to leave anybody hanging if they have a question, and made sure that everybody's continuing on in the same fashion. It was great meeting so many people and getting the connections here and abroad for instructors. They became my friends on Facebook and whatnot. And if I have any questions, I contact them. Also, after the student graduates, they want to know what’s going on with the student’s life. It's such a very friendly environment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started asking my manager questions about the school and if they offered scholarships because I was almost out of high school. She then talked to me about Allen School. I looked into it then made an appointment with Alicia, and then I had gone in to see the school. Having nephews that are disabled, I actually wanted to do pediatrics and start a career from there. It was really easy to enroll. I took a while though because I took six months off. Then Alicia encouraged me to start school that it would be better for me and she was right. I called her at the last week of enrollment actually telling her I want to enroll this week. She told me that it was the last week of enrollment. I was able to do everything fast and got my payments started.

The classrooms are small. The teachers focus. There were not a lot of people for the teachers not to teach correctly. I'm used to small schools because I thought the teachers focused more. In Allen School I feel that the teachers put attention to the students and they help us learn more. My professors are awesome and very nice. They answer to all of our questions. Anything that we need help in, they would always be there. I actually got to learn more from Dr. **. I thought at first, I won’t be able to do this, but she helped us a lot. If we really want this, we can't give up. We have to learn. We have to study. That's the main theme, study and focus into what we're doing. Ms. Vivian and Dr. ** too were always there to help us out. I've recommended them already to a lot of coworkers. I have some coworkers that already enrolled. My sister is planning on enrolling too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My enrollment at Allen School was really easy. Once I found the school, everything went rather quickly from getting financial aid to being able to start school. Learning there was very good. There are live presenters every day instead of a do-it-yourself-on-your-own-time thing. There had been a couple of professors that weren't my favorite but overall it has been an awesome experience. There is always someone to talk to. If I have an issue, it's easy to send a quick email and within minutes, someone would call me or I can get to call someone.

I always knew about the Allen School because of the location. It's in Downtown Brooklyn. I enrolled there because of their small class sections, it's easier to get one-on-one attention. Enrollment was quick and I got to know exactly what the school is about, how much it costs, and what to expect. Everything they said was exactly what I experienced. The classes are very good and interesting. There is a lot to learn like stuff that I didn't know about the body from before. The professors are hands-on and really get you to understand. If it's difficult, they will bring it down to something students do every day so that they could grasp it and remember. If anyone wants to go back to school to learn in the health field, Allen School is really good. They teach students how to be professional and how to be ready for the world out there.

I heard about Allen School online. I didn't like the other schools that I was looking at so I chose them. Their enrollment processor was really good and I had a great experience with my enrollment. Learning was good too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was easy. The professors were good, very hands-on with some things and they made sure that we understood.

I have a degree in Criminal Justice and wanted to try something new in the medical field so I went to the Allen school to see what it was about. I liked the program and stayed. I had Lina as my enroller. She showed me the school and explained to me all the details about it. Everything was a smooth process. I learned well from this school. I learned a lot of stuff that I never knew. There were some that were really good teachers and there were some that were really excellent. I'm on my internship and trying to apply what I have on my internship now. Hopefully, when it's done, I can get a job soon. I'd recommended Allen School to a friend.

I was looking for somebody that actually went to Allen School and know the whole backdrop of everything. Apparently, a friend of mine went there a few years ago, and she had a great experience. So I decided to go there and get some info. I was sold the first time I walked in. By the time I was ready to leave, I had all my questions answered, and I signed up right away. I like the fact that even if I'm not available during the day, I can always do the evening classes which was good for me. The teachers were great and I had a great time. I met a lot of friends and I took in as much as I could. They taught the basic even for computers. A lot of people that came in didn't really know about computers and I like that they had to teach that in the first month because that's going to be a great asset when we get out there and start working. So, they break everything down, and the teachers were always there for us.

I chose to go to Allen School of Health Sciences because of its location. The enrollment experience was quick. The daytime instructors were really nice but because of personal reasons, I had to switch over to the evening. I feel like the evening instructors, with an exemption of two, don’t really care for our education the way they should. If the students complain about the quality of education or professionalism amongst the instructors, somehow, the students are reprimanded because it’s pretty much like 'Don’t say anything. Keep your opinions to yourself.' Overall, the school is okay but, for that, my experience wasn’t the best at the Allen School.

It was raining on a Monday that I woke up and I really wanted to do something with my life. I Googled some sort of medical schools and Allen School popped up. Their representative called me right away about Allen School on Jamaica Avenue and she was very helpful. She told me to just never give up and continue fighting for what I want to become in life and just keep on striving. She right away set up an interview for me and then I went in there and she really dug me down as to why I want to become a medical assistant.

Studying there is very motivating and a growing experience because I always want to build on it. It's also very evolving because I always want to keep on trying to learn more and more on top of my education I already have. The professors are very helpful. In anything that I was stuck in and wanted to know, any questions that I personally needed to know for myself, they were able to answer it. They stuck with me and I was able to get through. Sometimes I would have questions even for me or my family members and they could answer it for me too. Then it was so helpful for me to go home and share it with my family and friends. I was really grateful and I’ll miss the experience that I had with them. It was a good step for me.

The only dislike that I have is that they didn’t have for the evening any coffee machine to help us students stay up because everything is close in the night time. I’m an evening student - 5:30 to 10:30. Maybe eventually they would have something for the later on students coming in. But other than that, the school is a great site. If you really want a stepping stone in life, Allen is definitely the place to start because I feel like I’m not stopping here at my medical assistant. My next step is to become an occupational therapist and work with patients. It’s very motivating and it’s a growing experience because I always want to build on it. It’s very evolving because I always wanna keep on trying to learn more and more on top of my education that I already have. I’m excited to be finishing and I’m going on to my internship soon. I learned a lot of new things becoming a medical assistant.

The program at Allen School was very interesting. The campus was also near and I had visited it. On that same day, I had everything processed quickly. The enrollment was very educational and I liked that everything was hands on. The learning experience was open and very interesting. The professors were good and they broke lessons down enough for older students to be on the same pace.

I was impressed with the program from Allen School of Health Sciences, so I decided that this is where I wanted to be. I wanted to do a Home Health Aide Program and they walked me through it. It made the enrollment easy and I did it with the financial aid. The instructors were there for me, and the learning experience has been a dream. They have the knowledge and do their part, but I have to do my part as well since I only get what I would put into it. However, there are students here who don't know what to expect and don't respect the instructors and that makes me upset.

My friend currently goes to Allen School and I like that it has a short program where I could be out in the field working within nine months. It was very easy to enroll because you talk face to face with the lady that helps you and she guided me through all the steps. The whole program was explained all the way from the beginning. They also explained how well the internship was. The teachers are very good. Each week, we got a syllabus and the teacher goes through on what we will be learning for the whole week. If they see that I'm not doing so well on a certain subject, they'll sit down and speak to me face to face. It's a really good school. It's a very close family experience wherein everybody is there to help everybody. It's easy to learn and easy to get along with the staff and the students. I would recommend Allen School to my friends.

I just got here in January, and I don’t like sitting down and a menial job is not for me. Since I'm in a new country, I have to do their formal education to fit in. I went to Allen School with an open mind, and I love every minute of it. I learned so much. I deal with figures back home, so I wanted to try something else, and Allen School is so new to me. Also, I needed to focus on something that will not be expensive. There are no words to describe how professional, warm, and welcoming Lena is. With open arms, she welcomed me like I was a part of the family. She’s that good. The professors are awesome. They are professional, and they have never done anything negative to me. My learning experience has been overwhelming. There were good days and bad days, but I will never trade this experience. I tell everybody that I know to come to Allen School. Everybody's experience is different, and they can get more than what I’ve gotten as well as the same.

I was looking for a school to go to and I heard a lot of good reviews about Allen School from people. Enrollment was easy. I love everything with the classes and it's smooth but I'd love it if they wouldn't go through the slides so quickly, so I can have a chance to copy it. The materials are understandable and I have great professors since I can get in contact with them anytime if I need help with something. Overall, it's been a helpful and a learning experience.

I've been enjoying being a student in the Allen School and it has been very beneficial for me. I had wanted to do something to help people and the school was a way to do that. I wanted to do something along the lines of the medical field or with children, but I'm more comfortable with doing something over the phone so it's more in line with my personality.

I've had an easy time enrolling. With the way I had to fill out the applications, and the advisers walking me through it step by step, it's streamlined. Also, there's a few things that need to be signed through DocuSign. They talk to the applicant and make sure that they're interested to go to the school and a good match for the program, but it's very easy.

The professors explained things very clearly to everyone. There was just one time when no one could sign in. It happened when I got to the school and I've heard from teachers that in years, they never ran into that issue. Some of my other classmates were upset but I thought if they never had that issue in years it was just a technical problem and that it could be worked around and dealt with.

I was looking online for medical insurance, billing and coding schools and Allen School came up. I liked the way that I could pick the times I wanted to be in school. Also, what they charged was a lot lower than other schools that I had researched. They called and once I decided I wanted to go, they helped me with trying to get financial aid. They detailed what everything would cost and how the payments would be. I didn't have enough even after I tried to get my loans, so they set me up on a payment scale that had no interest on it.

All the instructors are very knowledgeable. If I have any problems all I got to do is email them and they'll call me right away. They are so easy to talk to. The longest I've ever waited for someone to get back to me was a day. They even call every so often to see how I'm doing. It's been phenomenal and I love it. When I'm finished with my degree, Allen School even had job placement. They will help me with making my resume right and they even try to help me find jobs.

I was looking for schools online and something regarding nursing or in the health care range. I got a call from Allen and the person that contacted me was Lori Ann. I stuck with her the whole time and I pretty much kicked everybody else out the door. She talked me through everything and helped me get everything I needed. She was open and was always there if I had a question. She knew about everything she needed to know. Every question I had, she answered. And if she didn't know it, she'll find the answer and then get back to me. She also made the enrollment fairly easy. I felt like I didn't have to do anything.

The professors at Allen School were the same way. They're really easy people to get along with. They actually take the time to answer your questions and they're not judgmental. If you get the wrong answer, they're not gonna be snobby about it. The online options really help with the time that I have. It's a better schedule for me and the teachers are really interactive. Everything that Lori Ann told me was true. I love the whole learning process. I've actually gotten my whole process system down. I know exactly where to find what I'm looking for. I know how to get in contact with everybody with no problem. I've also learned some stuff that I have had no idea about. I love it. I sometimes actually look forward to going to school and I've already recommended it to a few people.

I read some of the reviews about Allen School and looked for the negative ones. Anybody can build up things, but I want to know what the complaints were but the people who were complaining were also the type of people that didn't put that much into it. In comparison with other schools that the complaints were really broad and varied, a lot of complaints about Allen were stating that "Man, I went to this class for so long and I wasn't ready for the test, that's not fair". But in other schools, it was things like “The softwares were difficult to understand, they use a style of notation that's applicable only to the school, like nobody else in the world uses it, so why are we doing this?” It was a lot of things about the academics.

The enrollment and classes were phenomenal. I had a really extensive interview with a few people and didn't just throw me through the program. They really wanted to know me personally and if I was going to be a good fit for them. And I had the feeling that if they felt like it wasn't going to work out, they would have told me so, or at least cautioned me against going in to the program. My only concern about the entire learning experience overall is my peers relating everything to their family or children, which I don't wanna hear. I even had substitute professors that come in and said, “I heard this was a really talkative group.” And I said, “Yeah, you have no idea.” If they were talkative about something that was actually related to the learning experience, then I wouldn't have any issue with it.

I'm extremely happy about being there. I love the online learning environment and the school itself have been more than accommodating with me. They have an several schedules and because of problems in life, work and things of that nature, I've actually been on all of them since I started. It has been an extremely well experience with them and so I brought another student to them.

My brother made an appointment on my behalf and everyone at Allen School that I got to talk to was really passionate, and the atmosphere was really great. Alicia and Amy helped me a lot during enrollment. They definitely made the process really easy for me. They explained everything to me and gave me a clear idea of what the process was. So far, my experience has been really great. The teachers are really helpful. If you're struggling there, they would love to help you out. And the lessons that they teach, they make it so you can understand it in a way that you can learn. The students and the people that works there are really friendly, so you enjoy going to school.

I went online looking for a school to do billing and coding and the time, the schooling fees, and the helpfulness of Allen School with getting information that I needed to get started was pretty good. But the person that I've been talking to since I decided to go there is really the one that made me make up my mind to say that this is the place where I want to do it. I feel like I could be successful there with all the help that they offer.

The enrollment process was quick and easy. They helped me and worked around my schedule to get it all done. They laid them into steps and made it a real smooth process. So now I'm taking two classes and I love both of my teachers. They stay on after the whole class is over if ever we have any questions. They're always stopping in between, going back to make sure that everybody is understanding it all. Neither one of them leaves anybody behind and they take a lot of time to freshen up on something that we may have missed.

I've had a little bit of a medical background and I've done medical schooling before, but this is my first experience doing it online. The school work itself does get deeper, but right now it's good and I'm catching on fairly quickly. The only problem that I had was when my work schedule changed at the beginning of school. But I'm making them work by getting up at 5:30 in the morning to get to class from 8:30 to 1:30. It's a bit of a struggle for a while, but it'll be worth it at the end. As far as the school itself, it has been wonderful and I've had a great experience.

I’m already in the medical field, as I was in high school. I wanted to finish it up, so I could finish my career. I enrolled with Allen School and the enrollment process was good. It was efficient and they were right to the point which is something that I like. They didn't give me the runaround. It was straight to getting everything done in a timely manner.

I was looking for a medical assisting program and came across Allen School online and they asked me to go visit the facility. At that time, I wasn’t living very close but they kept in contact with me and didn't push me and that was how I ended up going there. My learning experience has been awesome. The professors were all very good. I’m in my internship right now and more prepared than I thought. I enjoyed going to the school and they made it possible for all their students to succeed. They’re very persistent in helping their students out no matter what.

I’m doing an internship right now through Allen School of Health Sciences. Alicia, from my high school, motivated all of us to go in and would explain how the school was. I like my learning experience. The professors are all good and they know what they’re talking about.

Allen School Company Profile