3.73/5
  • 1 star
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 14, 2017

15 Shopify Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

It is smooth and easy to use Shopify. We successfully implement our store in a short time. Its easy to use store builders and functions including store statistics make me open my online shop easily and conveniently. Its instruction is also well-designed. I can also easily find my store statistics for business analytics and this saves me a lot of time. But its user interface is not well-designed enough. It can be improved by crafting some images and features on their pages. I believe that beautiful interface is essential for customers to visit it and my store.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I like its ability to search several merchants in one place and see prices of the items I am most looking for. Found some great deals I wouldn't have found otherwise, good experience overall with the ecommerce software. I am a bargain shopper and always appreciate a good deal on electronics, video games, cameras, etc. But I would change the search function to allow for wildcard searches. Also a few vendors I prefer are not showing up such as sporting good merchants - Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, and so on.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My overall experience with Shopify was great. I wanted to get my website started quick and with minimal complications so my business would finally be complete. Shopify delivered to the fullest extent and exceeded my expectations of the service. I really like that they give you a 14 day trial so you can test the service before committing to it. I also liked that the service was so easy to use and took me through step by step what to do to get the full benefits from Shopify. They also have terrific customer service when you have a question or need help with anything. Very friendly and helpful to say the least. Overall, the service was great and the one or two things I had questions about were answered in a timely and appropriate manner.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

They have a good software website and good activities in it. I liked everything within the software because it's a good technique for customer service and good for those who needed the class. My experience was very good and I enjoyed it all. The thing is I used it before and it's much easier but every else didn't took me long to understand it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like Shopify because it's very simple to use. It was very quick and easier than I thought. I was hoping to be able to log in and set up a page to sell several items of mine. It was very clear and simple and provided step by step help. Also, I feel like it's very fast and secure! Customers may not purchase items if they are hesitant about security but I find Shopify is well protected. I would definitely recommend it to anybody and would use it again in the future. However, I feel as though it is more in the pricey side. Also, initially getting started some of the jargon that the site used was a little confusing. After a while I got the hang of it but getting started it was tough.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shopify?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I liked some of the deals and discounts the Shopify app found for me but some of the deals brought to my attention just weren't relevant so I suppose more brands need to get involved. I also found the software helpful to discover new brands and money saving opportunities but I didn't use it consistently or for a very long time - it never became habit or top of mind.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I love everything about it. Others I speak with that use this site. Is very satisfied. My friends even love it very much. It was just a fantastic product and I learn more and more everyday something new about this product. Helps me in so many ways and it always amazes me. It is one of the best on the market. I am very pleased and I would recommend to everyone I know that works in my profession.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I was selling some shirts and pins for an event, Shopify made it easy to sell the product and keep track of sales and customers. Plus, the customers using it were highly complimentary of how it worked. My experience with Shopify was super smooth, simple and fun. It's incredibly user friendly, I never felt confused or lost while using it. Shopify worked great for me.

Original review: July 26, 2017

It was extremely easy to install and figure out on my own which was incredibly nice for me as I am an independent worker. I wish that it was more comparable with other softwares. It's really different than other softwares which is cool but it makes it a little bit more difficult to understand. But the customer service was super accessible and I really enjoyed being able to call them with any questions that I had.

Original review: July 23, 2017

My goal in utilizing Shopify was to launch a professional e-commerce presence in a relatively short period of time. I feel I was able to achieve that goal quite successfully as my online store began making sales within 72 hours! The user interface and architecture of the product is intuitive, allowing a small business owner to effectively manage his/her online store without expensive development help. Also, there are a wide variety of great looking themes to choose from to make a website look fantastic. However, Shopify only allows you to offer one simple discount code per order - a dollar or percentage amount off. It is unable to handle complex discounts such as percent off AND buy one get one free in the same order. Also, the fees become costly as your company grows and sales volume increases.

Original review: July 22, 2017

The friendliness, the courtesy and the kindness, the support that was offered by the place itself made feel accepted and appreciated greatly and needed. The prices were a little steep for my liking and could have honestly been cheaper. Also a better selection would have also helped. They do say variety is the spice of life and I felt pretty bland here. But there was a lot of good stuff about this site. It helped me choose products and resources that were best suited for my needs in the long run of my purchasing there through all of the problems with the other sites... Was a great experience overall and really look forward to it again. I would recommend it over most others.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I am rebranding/relaunching my graphic design studio this year and looked into Shopify to use as the foundation for the ecommerce needs of my studio. I ended up going with a different site because I needed to be able to manage all of the parts in one site, not just the ecommerce site... But I preferred the overall look of many of the themes and the ease of how I could mesh the elements with my own brand elements. The analytics were exactly what I wanted and easy to know product status at a glance.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The site examples looked beautiful, which is what drew me to them initially. In addition to the aesthetics, I was drawn to the professional level of marketing regarding their product, good reviews and reasonableness of their pricing. Moreover, the ability to customize on a level which far exceeded the free build it yourself sites, was especially intriguing. However, specifically what I disliked about my Shopify experience was the marketplace check out process. It was cumbersome to develop it. I also did not take advantage of the support function available through their site. I was afraid of the barrage of potential emails subsequent to the required email address to access the service. But Shopify was a relatively easy tool to build my online store -- once I developed the store format, etc. to implement in the online presence. I felt the customization options were a bit overwhelming, like titles, formats, color, etc.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought pizza at a discounted rate. It was fine and the transaction was processed smoothly. Everything was accomplished in a fair manner. However, I dislike having to sign in on every website because it is a hassle. They should have automatic sign in or connect it to your credit card. But lower prices are also always better for consumers and I like that it can often be cheaper because they have access to low rates. They are good at getting lower prices for customers and they have relationships with a lot of retailers. I would use it again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2014

Shopify is a bad company. They say they refunded a customer and you find out it was a lie so the customer is mad at you. Shopify lies and tries to steal money from their customers. I have called so many times to see when they refunded my customer and they say "I don't know I can have someone call you back to let you know." It's been over a week and no call back. Stay away from this company. They should be shut down for good.

Shopify expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shopify is one of the best-known eCommerce software packages. It was founded in 2006 by three entrepreneurs who were frustrated by the lack of easy-to-use eCommerce software at the time.

• Simple interface: Shopify uses a drag-and-drop web design interface that allows users to create their store without having to know any programming code.

• Integrates POS system with interface: During installation, users can connect their point-of-sale system with Shopify, making it easy to collect money from customers.

• Offers a large number of add-ons: Shopify can integrate with a large number of third-party applications, allowing business owners to do more from one central database.

• Changes: When users make changes to their web design, the changes are displayed in a different window. Users who aren’t as familiar with computers may be confused.

• Third parties: Many functions are outsourced to third-party apps, so users may pay more for add-ons.

• Best for: Mail order businesses, brick and click businesses, multichannel retailers

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs