1.54/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

81 V2 Cigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I would not be posting this review if V2 decided to publish my review of one of their products, the V2 Trinity. This device started falling apart very quickly after purchase. Paint started chipping off the device in a week, screws came loose in a month, and the charging port bracket popped out eventually. After several months of using this device I was looking for a replacement. I contacted support explaining my issues and asked if I could buy another at a discount. (Despite the durability issues I actually liked the device, but basically considered it disposable). I planned on purchasing a new one and having my current one fixed under warranty. I felt my request was fair and not asking for too much. I received no response and after a week tried to post a review on the product page detailing my experience with the product. The review was never posted, so here I am.

In addition to this, I had purchased juice from this site 4-5 times. One of the times my purchase was substituted for another brand. I was actually given double the volume of juice that I ordered and was actually pleased enough with the substitution, but never received an email that they were doing this. Even a little note in the package would have been nice. Not a huge deal but kind of further paints a picture of the operation they’re running.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

VERY EXTREMELY OVER THE TOP DISAPPOINTED IN V2 customer service or lack thereof. On one order I paid an extra $10 for expedited shipping. I received the order 11 days later. That is not mine or anybody else’s idea of expedited. Was my $10 credited back to me? No. I’ve now been waiting eight days for an order to ship and V2 can give me no idea when that might happen. I’ve contacted them THREE times about an order with missing items and have received no response. Also, consumables as in cartridges and oils are NOT returnable. Well what the hell else do you order from V2?? It is way past time to spend my money elsewhere. If you are comparing e-cigs, I seriously suggest you AVOID V2.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017 I have been ordering from this company for a while now and I am very dissatisfied with their shipping times. Product quality it’s OK, I have purchased other E-cig brands for years and I’m OK with V2 products. What I am very frustrated about is the lack of response and delay with their shipments. Fellas, these are all off the shelf products. Nothing is custom manufactured. Not reason to ship out every single order 15 days after billing my credit card. Now on my last order I paid for expedited shipping and still after five days of placing my order it is still awaiting shipment!!! Such a ripoff!!! This company deserves to lose credibility and business.

Just so there is no doubt who I am reporting, the company website is www.v2.com.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Maybe I'm alone in this, if I am, then lesson learned. But when I read "ships in 1 day." I interpreted that as it will get here in 1 day AFTER it ships. Apparently, the way it actually works is that they process the order in 1 day and it leaves their facility in 1 day? In any case, I am now stuck waiting for a vape pen for over a week when I otherwise would have looked elsewhere. I feel that they should elaborate on what the 1 day to ship. The benefit is obviously going to be for them because more people will buy a pen that they think they will get in a day vs ones they won't. Just my honest feedback to the company and caution to would be buyers.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Twice I tried to purchase a product from this company. I never received anything from them. On my first order, after making sure the product was in stock, I was told it was on backorder and would have to wait 2 or more weeks. This information was never communicated to me. I had to chat with CS to know what was happening. My credit card was charged immediately however I had to try twice before finally getting refunded. My second purchase seemed to be going well however product was in stock (I verified with CS before clicking the Place Order button). I was surprised, however, when I received a "package shipped" confirmation from USPS and noticed that it had been shipped back to them.

I waited a day for them to communicate with me then contacted CS again asking what had happened. They said customs refused it (I'm in Canada). They said they'd reship it. No news for another week! Today, furious, I contacted CS again inquiring what the status was. Apparently, the package was again refused by customs. To top it all off, the CS agent said that if I wanted to have it reshipped, I'd have to pay for shipping again! Wow what great service. So, why accept international orders if you can't fulfill them? Why is it that I have to write and or call to get refunded? Why charge at time of order instead of at fulfillment? My advice: Steer clear of this company. At this rate, they won't be around for too much longer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about V2 Cigs?

Original review: July 3, 2017

Placed an order as normal for menthol 1.8 cartridges as I am familiar with the product and the quality and the company offered 100 pack on sale. I placed my order. I received the cartridges. I noticed right away that the cartridges after trying several were defective or not working at all. I contacted the company via email and they stated that the cartridges were now called consumables and could not be returned. I in the past would get a bad cartridge but not like this batch. I do believe the company knew the cartridges were defective and sold them anyway. Quality has changed. Consumer beware.

Original review: June 19, 2017

The shipping is ridiculous! Ordered on June 8, now June 19 and hasn't even shipped yet. Customer service is rude and condescending! They said it should ship in the next 24 to 48 hours and will take anywhere between 7-14 days! I stopped buying from V2 six months ago because of this exact issue but thought I'd give them another try, so sorry I did. Do yourself a favor --- Find another brand!

Original review: June 19, 2017

The fees, raising the cost of atomizers once I've already purchased the device, and now taking away all coupon codes. Added to the terrible customer service, leaky cartridges, awful batteries on brand new designs (which I purchased for friends and family last Christmas). After 8 years, I just can't afford this company anymore.

Original review: June 19, 2017

This is the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had in my life. They consistently are on back order and forget about shipments. "Misplace them". It is very doubtful I will be using them anymore.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I used to be a regular customer of V2 but somewhere along the way, they dropped the ball. It now takes over 2 weeks to receive an order. With all the e-cigs on the market, I'd think they'd try to be more competitive, but evidently the people in control of actually getting the product to you don't care at all about the business. I gave them one more chance after my last complaint 2 months ago and evidently nothing has changed. Over 2 weeks later, I have yet to receive my order. Not only have they lost my business, I'll certainly not be recommending them to anyone from here on out. And if you think paying extra to get it expedited will work, think again. You can kiss that extra $ goodbye. V2 refuses to reimburse, as does UPS (as they say they didn't actually get the order from V2 until a week later - which I believe since this has become something V2 is now known for).

Original review: June 6, 2017

I have been ordering from this company since 2009, and until 2016, have never had a problem. Since then, it has been such a terrible experience that I am now changing where I buy my supplies! From lousy customer service, to orders - even if I paid for overnight shipping - they STILL screw it up. My last 4 orders have been as such. Again yesterday 6/5/17, I called and placed an order and was told they would use the overnight shipping - which I had paid from my last order that they screwed up. It STILL was not shipped overnight! I was given 100 points because of their screw-up, and yet they screwed up again!

When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told there were none available. So I demanded to be placed on hold - after approx. 10 minutes a CS rep came on and told me that one would call me back in 24 hours. I even had the direct phone number for a manager - named Jerimiah and he didn't answer his phone - probably a wrong number. The customer service is inexcusable, their order process leaves a LOT to be desired and I am now so fed-up, I will NOT continue using this company and I would advise anyone not to as well!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I've been a loyal customer for 3 years. Over that time, the quality of their customer service has gone down consistently year over year to the point where now it is just unacceptable. The products are adequate (although blanks leak, flavors are inconsistent, and batteries lose power more quickly after each charge), and it's hard to switch brands once you've invested in all the starter materials. However, once the customer service levels drop, there's really no justifiable reason to stay. It used to be pretty good. Now it's abominable. Their website will show that a product is ready to ship in 1 day yet days go by and nothing. Customer service reps robotically repeat what I already figured out -- the product is unavailable and will ship when it is in stock. Duh.

No apologies, no offer for store credit to offset the false advertising, nothing. And this has happened repeatedly. I actually even had a customer service rep tell me that "We don't warranty blanks so they cannot be returned," when I contacted them after receiving blanks that were duds. I explained calmly that I didn't get what I ordered as they never worked and I got the same answer. I actually had to send a copy of the chat transcript to their corporate office and demand replacements before anything happened. I am sad to go but I've had it. V2, fix your mess or you'll lose out quickly to better companies in the growing ecig market. You might be the big fish now but that'll change quickly with the service (or lack thereof) that you provide.

Original review: April 2, 2017

V2 e-cigarettes are an OK product – BUT it takes WAY too long to get them once ordered – AND their customer service is AWFUL!!! Each of their responses have been very rude & extremely condescending! I would NOT recommend V2 – unless you like being talked down to. Blu e-cigarettes aren’t that great – but their customer service is THE BEST! I’m now shopping around for a different e-cigarette (other than V2 or Blu).

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have bought the "V2 EX Series Starter Kit" about 10 days ago. Although the product is advertised as leak-proof, it is far from it. Each of 6 cartridges involved in the kit have leaked. I have written a review on their page, but they, of course, did not put it there. Other than this, the product is OK.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I've been a customer for over 3 years. I spend over $1k per year in the products. This is the deal. The product and quality is very good, which is why I've stayed a customer for 3 years, despite continually waiting up to 2 WEEKS for product to be shipped. This has happened countless times over. I've called to check status again and again, customer service seems to be undertrained and not too concerned with customer satisfaction. At one time I wanted to ensure I'd have a quick delivery so paid $25 for overnight shipping and it still took 8 days! I finally am breaking up with this product based solely on the very SLOW shipping times and lack of caring on the part of their reps. Just got off the phone now. I placed an order on Feb 13, it was shipped on the 23!! And they said it will arrive on the 3rd. In what world? Unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I've been a customer for this company for over two years! But not anymore, literally it'll take weeks to receive any order I place, EX Blank cartridges leaks like crazy, and now I have to pay fee for you tobacco settlement!!! Please stay away.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I placed an order on 2/9/2017. My credit card was charged on 2/11/2017. It's now 2/22/2017, and when I called about this order... I was told that I would have it on 2/24/17. (We'll see.) That's a long time to wait, even for a "busy" period. This may, however, be the experience that I need to stop smoking completely, since I haven't even used the V2 for a couple of weeks now, and what's the point of starting up again? Thanks V2. This may be my last order!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I bought a V2 series 7 for Christmas thinking that I was splurging on myself for a change. Part of the New Year's event that was going on happened to be shipping a free series 3 with any orders over (insert explicit amount). I saw this as a huge bargain and I could give the series 3 to my s/o. Upon receiving them they were packaged nicely and safe enough with air-pocket wrap(?). At first glance these are sturdy and don't appear to be cheaply made. However, my series 7 began its issues with a charger/connectivity malfunction. Moments after being on charger (they send it with a half charge) it would indicate with a green light that it had a full battery. I let it charge longer regardless. The series 7 worked well with the herb cartridge. Well enough that I've kept it solely for that. I don't use it that often though so it's hard to say how much longer it will last, seeing as the e-liquid cartridge began to leak and cease functionality after only a few days of minimal use.

Now, on occasion, my herb cartridge will stop functioning and the V2 will revert back to its standard "vaping" mode. As for the series 3 (the skinnier, older, more portable model) it worked well for about a month with the e-liquid despite also being very leaky. However, it did not produce nearly enough vapor to be considered a $60-$70 product. You can find much better products with 100 times the vapor production for half this. As for the herb cartridge on the series 3 it also functioned as expected. OK amount of vapor, for herb. My closing thoughts are that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I took a chance because there are so many bogus websites putting these products in their #1 spot. Watch out for these websites and take note of them for the future when you are looking to purchase something else.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Great customer service. I have to say that Jeremiah at V2 customer service is a miracle worker. Honestly, I wish he could help me when I have to call Comcast or my bank LOL. He's helped in the past when I needed a new battery or charger but he really came through a few weeks ago when the post office lost my order. I was freaking out and I didn't need to because Jeremiah took care of everything. Filed paperwork to find the lost package and made sure I got my order. Thank you Jeremiah!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I made my first order from V2 10 days ago. They put through a charge to the credit card upon ordering, instead of when the product is shipped. This is quite possibly illegal and signals the company is in trouble, taking money PRIOR to providing a product. Customer service is unhelpful claiming "back orders" and doesn't respond to emails or request to cancel order. I recommend not ordering from this company. I believe they take money, send the product to people who ordered weeks ago, and repeat the cycle. Are they bankrupt? Don't order.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I initially started with a standard starter pack and purchased a few packs of standard cartridges. I then upgraded to using both the prefilled EX cartridges and the refillable blanks and liquid. I like the Vanilla flavor. I've had two problems over the nearly three years that I've been purchasing from them, but those problems were very quickly handled and handled well. The batteries last a decent amount of time, but it's good to have at least one extra for when the charge runs out. I don't care for much other than the vanilla, though the coffee flavor is nice. I'm very happy with V2 and will continue to be their customer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I'm a two year customer, spent $1,000 on cartridges, batteries, and accessories for myself and family members. They use to be great, don't know what happened. The past six months the customer service has become non-existent. Always back orders, and service is so rude! I had an email complaining that I keep ordering back ordered items! It took four days for a reply to my last inquiry and now... THEY HAVE MY TWO WEEK BACKORDER STILL AWAITING SHIPMENT when they've shown stock available for new orders for two days!!! Forget about them, worthless!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I have been using V2 for about 18 months hoping they would be a good alternative to Green Smoke. Unfortunately their cartridges and/or batteries are no longer any good. I can no longer get the satisfaction that was present at the beginning. Interestingly, one battery that DOES still work well is one of the originals I purchased at the outset. The only other one is the 'manual' version which appears to be able to suck out the last remaining 'tobacco' from each and every cartridge. If I use their current batteries, I get about 10 satisfactory puffs only from each cartridge. I shall now change my supplier.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I have had shipments on eBay that come from China a lot faster. It has been 14 days to get package from Florida!!! And if you pay the $10 dollars it's like the same or may two days short. V2 over charge and also rip off with tobacco statement fee. They don't accept returns even the patch taste bad and they always blame it on the battery. Their battery only works OK for a week and then you start playing the warranty game with them back and forth. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

When I started vaping, many seasoned vapers told me that the "cig-a-like" products available would disappoint me. That they did not hit well, and that the battery life was suboptimal. In spite of that, I purchased from V2 cigs, and fell in love with them. I had 2 pens that I would rotate between, and I never had a problem with battery life or dissatisfaction with how hard they hit. Unfortunately, about a month after I got my pens, I dropped one (that I lovingly referred to as Pinky) getting into my truck, and could not find it. I was sure I had heard it hit my running board, but couldn't find it in the cab or anywhere on the ground.

For the next 3 months I kept using my second pen, and was thinking about purchasing another, when one day, while getting into my truck, I noticed something in the wheel well. Covered in mud, lodged on the inner side of the well, was my long lost Pinky, who had been perched there for 3 months of summer, in the rain and the mud and the heat, having traveled nearly 2000 miles in the elements, as I had relocated to Texas since I lost the pen.

On a whim, I unscrewed the cartridge on the pen that I was using, put it on Pinky and to my surprise, it worked perfectly. In fact, it still had a nearly full charge from the last time I had used it. I was completely taken aback, as even my truck and trailer hadn't fared the journey to Texas as well as Pinky, and I assumed that she would have some other malfunction, such as an inability to charge. However, after about 10 minutes on the charger, she was fully reloaded and continues to be functional to this day. In sum, these pens are easily the most durable piece of hardware (of any kind) I have ever purchased, in addition to being satisfying and reasonably priced. If you are looking to purchase a cig-a-like, you would be a fool to go with any other brand.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I have been a V2 customer for a while now, but no longer! These people charge you a "tobacco settlement fee" each time you order so they can pay for a lawsuit they lost! I first didn't realize what the extra fee was for. What kind of business practices such underhanded tactics? They are ripping off their own customers. The last straw was when I received a defective nonworking e-cig battery, and when I went to return it, they said I have to pay for the return shipping! How is that a 100% stand by their product guarantee which they advertise on their website? In addition, their customer service is a joke. They basically tell you that the company policy is that they do not provide a return shipping label. Buyer beware! This company loves to rip off their customers.

Original review: July 17, 2016

I do NOT for V2. There is NO kick-back from V2. I have used their "hardware" and some vape liquid for the past five years. I quit smoking cigarettes after 30+ years. I started with ** and have been down to 0% for years. Yes there was still withdrawal - from what I don't know. V2 was just enough to pull me through and I had tried hypnotism, ** replacement, **, unfiltered cigs... It wasn't just **. I'm five years on the other side. For newbies - Don't start. I never met a person who didn't wish they never started.

Besides quitting cigarettes; the best thing about V2 is they stand behind their "hardware". As long as I send back my non-working hardware, batteries or chargers, I get a working replacement without charge. None of the other e-cig companies provide this guarantee. NOTE: you must have purchased something in the last 30 days (I think 30.)

What I don't like about V2 is apparently there was a court case they lost with blu (manufacturer name unknown) but now when you buy bits from V2 they're adding on cost to pay their penalty to blu. I don't think I should be paying for V2s illegal activity; not my transgression, why am I paying your fine? If you can deal with the idea of paying pennies for someone else's crime; but have an awesome guarantee on your hardware; whole-heartedly V2 all the way. I am just about to go sell my soul.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I do not understand, why it is that it takes 10 day's or more, once I've paid for my products, to receive them. I order on-line a lot, because I do not have a whole lot of choices/time, where I live. I normally receive other on-line orders, in my mailbox with-in 3-4 days. But NOT with V2. It is also a problem because at times... I need to wait till (pay day), to order.

Then, I am already out of what I need, and know, it WON'T be delivered, for over a week. I only tolerate them, because I like the smaller, more attractive, more cigarette like e-cigs, and 2 of their flavors. And I pay, the price for that. Their cartridges run out so quickly that now, I've started filling my own. Also, 50% of the time, the batteries fail, either right away, or within 2-3 months. And then there's the shipping them back cost, and time, and the the LONG WAIT, for the replacements. I have gone back and forth with this company for 4 years now. Oh how I wish... there were A LOT more choices, out there to choose from. If there were... I'd be doing business elsewhere. What's up with your shipping V2? Is there only one person working in a small office, doing all your shipping orders??? Where is your customer appreciation??? Get our orders Out and DELIVERED, in a respectable time. It's our hard earned money that you're dragging your feet on!

Original review: June 25, 2016

I have in the past and now more recently tried the V-2 disposables only to have them run out of Vapor or battery power after very little, maybe 20 to 40 puffs. At the cost, $5.99 plus tax not very reliable or cost effective. This has been the 3rd V-2 or $18.00 worth of V-2's throwaways. I have had others that have lasted days or close to a week. Flavor is good, if it works.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I placed my first order with V2 on 5/24/16 for a starter kit and extra cartridges. In my 3rd pack of cartridges, one of them did not work. I could not take a single draw through it with either of 2 different batteries. I ignored it, as these things happen. On 6/13/16 I placed a second order for cartridges. While this order was being shipped I opened one of my remaining packs and the first 4 out of 5 did not work. I used V2s online chat to report the problem. I received a response that there was no warranty on cartridges and there was nothing that they could do. I was astounded as I have never dealt with a company that did not stand behind defective products. Today I opened a pack from my new shipment and 2 more were defective. With a company so lacking in quality control it's no wonder that they won't stand behind their products. It's really a shame because I do like them when they work, however I will not be reordering from them.

V2 Cigs Company Information