1.60/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

85 V2 Cigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

V2 Pro 3x is perhaps the biggest unreliable piece of junk I have ever purchased. When I ordered my first V2 Pro 3x, the darn thing wouldn't not take a charge and was broken before I was ever able to use it. They then shipped me a new V2 Pro 3x. When this one arrived it worked...briefly. This product started to malfunction after only one month. The lights indicating amount of charge left in the device quit working. Next, every time you took a puff, the consistency was irregular at best. This device including two day shipping cost me $150. When I contacted the V2, they did offer to replace this device with a third device in 6 months. V2 is pathetically slow in shipping your orders.

I switch to vaping so I could quit smoking. Every time this device quits working, I have to wait over two full weeks for the next unreliable device to show up. So for 2 weeks I have a choice of either going back to regular smoking, which I am avoiding at all cost no, or go buy a reliable Vape. I told V2, what is the point of sending another poorly manufactured piece of junk? I don't want to have to replace this every two months and then wait over 2 weeks to receive another one. Please, if you are considering the V2 Pro 3x, please read the reviews that are flooding the internet over the poorly constructed device. You will waste well over $100.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have had a nightmare trying to find these cartridges on my trip from San Antonio to Seattle. Wasted so much valuable time trying to find these V2 from San Antonio to Oregon I just gave up. As for your locator, it was worthless. All it did was waste my time and gas. I am VERY disappointed to say the least.

Get expert buying tips about E-Cigarettes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have found the customer service to be very poor for an expensive product. I have the Vertx Plus which does not seem to work properly anymore. When I contacted customer service they were very unhelpful and I had to send it back for testing at my own expense. Still waiting to hear back from them. Also I have the Pro Series 3 which the magnet that attaches the cartridge no longer works and also poor performance after several months. They have just brought out a new Series 3. I can't recommend buying this as it is expensive and I don't know if it is improved. Also if you have a problem customer service is very poor.

Original review: July 22, 2018

My wife and I are just getting into the world of vaping after smoking off and on (more off than on) for most of our lives. We were hesitant for so long because of the negative connotation vaping has, at least here in the States, but finally bit the bullet because cigarettes were getting to be too expensive for our smoking binges. After spending way too much time researching companies and products--we literally had no idea about anything and had to start from scratch--we settled on grabbing a standard e-cig starter kit from V2.

I had a coupon code for 25% off and applied it on the sale, yet when it went through, I was charged full price. Well that didn't start things off on the right foot. I contacted them through online chat, and a guy named Fernando answered. He asked me to verify the coupon code, which I couldn't do since the discount was automatically applied, but went ahead and said he would initiate a refund for the amount that it should have taken off. That was cool.

We ordered on a Thursday, it went out on a Friday, and the shipping date was scheduled for the following Friday, which I thought was a little excessive, but the shipping was free, so whatever. It ended up changing in transit to Wednesday, and actually ended up being delivered Tuesday (three days earlier than originally scheduled) so that was a welcome surprise. I do find it kind of dumb that they ship FedEx Smartpost, when USPS First Class is so cheap, but far be it from me to tell a company how to run their operations... I'm sure they have a clear reason (and probably massive discounts) as to why they do it.

Anyway, upon receiving our package, we were disappointed to find that they had slightly messed up our order: I ordered a menthol 1.8% cartridge, and my wife ordered a vanilla 1.2% cartridge, and inside were two vanilla cartridges, one 1.2% and one 1.8%. A little frustrated--simply because that was the flavor I wanted and was excited to try--I hopped online and contacted them again via their online chat. Fernando answered again, had me verify a couple of things on the receipt, and said he would ship out menthol cartridges right away, with tracking.

Well a day came and went, and I received no communication. I wasn't going to force the issue, because in the grand scheme of life, vaping cartridges aren't really high on my priority list, but I was a little disappointed. Two days passed, and still nothing. I was getting ready to go to a store to just buy some menthol cartridges, when I decided on a whim to check mail, just in case. Sure enough, the menthol cartridges were out there, shipped Priority Mail!

In between all this, I saw all the reviews on here and figured I was screwed. But Fernando took care of the problems we had quickly and professionally. Granted, we never received the tracking number as stated, but I'm not really concerned about that considering we received the replacements so quickly. Like I said, we're new to this and have nothing to really compare them to (besides V2 disposables), but we love the e-cigs that we received. The menthol is delicious, with a strong minty taste that lingers in the mouth, while the vanilla is mild but flavorful. For those smokers on the fence about trying e-cigs, do yourself a favor and take the leap... we'll never go back to cigarettes at all. In my experience, and I seem to have won some kind of jackpot, but V2 treated us really well.

Original review: July 17, 2018

They are very slow to ship anything with "free shipping" and they are dishonest when they state on their website that what your order will be processed within ** days. The only time I received prompt processing and shipping is when I actually paid for shipping. People that opt for the free shipping should be treated the same as those that pay extra. I mean that orders should be processed in the order that they are received regardless. I love these vapes and they have a decent product. Too bad they fail with fulfillment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about V2 Cigs?

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I started as a customer at V2 six years ago, the product and services were great. Now, service is a shambles and V2 has no desire to retain customers. I requested replacement batteries when batteries that I purchased failed. I took the damaged batteries to the post office but V2 claims to not have received them. I did use the return paperwork provided by V2. Now, of the four batteries that I purchased since that return in May, only two are working. The same problem has occurred with the batteries I've purchased over the last year. The battery will charge but, after a few weeks, it will no longer do anything even when it is fully charged.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? V2 has taken the position that I can never get another replacement battery because there was a breakdown between the post office and V2 on the delivery of the returns. I certainly can't continue to purchase defective batteries. Any recommendations on other companies with better products and better customer service?

Original review: July 9, 2018

V2cigs equipment is great (power cig). E-liquid is marginal. Service is atrocious! They come nowhere close to meeting delivery time frames they publish on their website. Too bad, because I'd like to continue buying their products but can no longer do so due to really, really poor service. 8-year V2cig customer here.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have been a customer for many years and was always happy with their service. In the past six months, whenever I place an order, they are out of stock and waits can be months long. I have a feeling that the original company was sold. Whoever the new owners are, they are doing a terrible job.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have the V2 EX and like it very much. The coffee cartridges are wonderful. However, the company's supply chain and distribution are awful. None of the stores on their locator actually carry the product, and it can take MONTHS to receive an order. I was told they were on backorder and they would be shipped in 10-15 days. It has been over a month. It is a good product- it is sad that their customer service is so abysmal.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered some e-liquids and a Series 3 vaporizer kit. Shipping took 11 days! (Good thing I had another manufacturer's product as I was quitting tobacco.) Upon arrival the seal on the kit was broken. It was obviously used. It had scratches, was marred, and had e-liquid build-up (gunk) in the vaporizer and on the cartridge. V2 cust serv forced me to go through a warranty process instead of just sending a new one. This is unacceptable as it requires the used unit I received to be returned - which will most certainly be resold to someone else. (I wanted to trash it so that wouldn't happen.) The CS rep just kept repeating over and over, it needs to be a warranty return or he couldn't help me.

V2 sent a gift in my order; an EX starter kit. It too had been opened and the cartridge was missing. When I asked CS about it they said it was promotional and the cart has to be ordered separately. Uh, huh. I did receive an email that the warranty replacement has been shipped. Theoretically, 3-5 business days. Interestingly, the email shows that my *entire* order is being replaced, including the e-liquids. I hope it's wrong as the liquids were all sealed and I'm not sending those back when I've seen that I can receive something from V2 that's been opened. I'm shocked. I'd have to agree with others here that V2 isn't long for this world. There's a vape shop about a mile from me. If V2 comes through with the replacement I'll use it, but will be doing all future purchasing from the shop so I can see what I'm getting. Companies like V2 hurt all online shops.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In UK we call V2 different but it is still the same quality product. I have been active user series 7 and would not try anything else. This vaporizer has everything I was looking for - good build pen, easy one button setting for the temperature and voltage. It produces good vapor and has also good selection of flavors. It can be used for dry leaf and wax also however I never tried wax. But for dry leaf works good, have tried few times and it gives you pure taste of herbs. For me Vapour2 became favorite brand with good customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The company is turning into a joke. I've been with them for years, but since about a year ago one has to wait a month or much longer (50-60 days delivery!) for the ordered items. They charge your card immediately, though, of course. They are often out of items which are listed as available on their website. Unacceptable.

Original review: April 7, 2018

This company sends out defective EX batteries at a price of 25.00 so you have to buy more. In April of 2017 I bought one. It lasted 1 month. I bought another one in May 2017. Not once was I told it was under warranty and it could be replaced! 6 months later, yep you guessed it wouldn't work so I had to buy another one. Now it's April 2018. I have 2 of them that were just bought about 2 months and one of them won't work again. Contacted the company offered to replace it but what do you know? It has yet to be sent. Order number not valid. The company's customer service agents are nice but they will lie to you in order to get you off the phone! This company is a ripoff. I have bought so many batteries in the 4yrs I have been a customer. If you can't make a decent product you shouldn't be in business.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I cannot believe there are mostly bad reviews of Vapour2 cigs. Never had bad experience with the customer service, of course not saying they are the best. But I like the brand. Have ordered starter kit for my wife few months ago. Honestly the delivery was fast, no issues with it. It came even with manual and automatic batteries. I have been user of series7 for more than one year. Both of them work good, they are made of quality products and must say that the company cares a lot about the design and easy manual handling what I like. Mine has also some modern parts like magnetic charging and cartridges. I think they also produce good quality e-liquids.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Like many of the other reviewers here I have just found out how awful V2 pro's customer service is. Absolutely appalling. The cartridge for my device had an issue on arrival. Their response - normal wear and tear and I should expect to replace the cartridge often. They were rude and completely unapologetic regarding their substandard service. I now have no confidence in their products and wish only that those entities producing 'professional' reviews of vaporizers and such would include information regarding service support. I purchased based on the positive tech reviews and regret my decision.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Reading through the complaints on this site I was sure they must have confused the company they were complaining against. I have used V2 since 2011 and have had nothing but excellent product delivery and support. The website CLEARLY marks what will and will not ship next day. On 1 or 2 occasions my e-liquid was backordered and I had to take a substitute. Also had a delay with new ceramic tanks for being backordered but I was aware that a delay was possible because I read the delivery info before placing my order!! I am a daily vaper with EX Series and use the 3 series occasionally and any issue with equipment failure has been met with FREE and immediate replacement. V2 has grown considerably in the 7 years. I have been a customer and as such customer support does seem a bit less personal than "the good old days" but is still without a doubt some of the most accommodating I have experienced with ANY company.

To sum it up it appears the complaints against V2 could be chalked up to user error more than any issue on V2's end. I like the fact that V2 has a measure of quality control that has not diminished in the years I have been using them. If in the future it does, then I guess I'll have to get my e-cigs from one of the thousands of "vape shops " around my area, and have my e-juice mixed up in some dirty bathroom by a 17 year old pimple faced hipster and probably die of nicotine poisoning because said hipster accidentally mixed me 84% juice instead of 18%!! Until then I'll stick with V2.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I placed an order on Sep 4, 2017 with rush shipping and then never heard back. Contacted V2 support within a couple of days to ask for a refund of the rush shipping charge, which they did. Still hadn't come a few weeks later, so asked for a full refund. At first, they refused, but then said it would arrive in 15 days (this was Dec). It's now been six months, four phone calls and numerous emails later and they still keep telling me I will get my refund in 15 business days. Bunch of crooks. Do NOT buy V2.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I placed an order 12/24 hoping to wean off real cigs in the new year. Shows awaiting fulfillment. I emailed on 1/15 and no reply. Emailed again 1/19. Finally got a reply on 1/24 as follows: "We apologize for the delay in our response to you and for the inconvenience it has caused you. We are seeing that your order is currently on back order due to the item being out of stock. Currently, we estimate that it will be back in stock within the following 7 business days. If you would like to wait for the items we can have this order shipped within 24 business hours of us receiving them in stock. We do regret that we have been unable to ship your order in a timely fashion but do appreciate your patience and understanding with us. In the event that you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again." Here I am on 2/27 and it still shows waiting to be fulfilled. I emailed them today to cancel my order and refund my money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I’ve been using V2 for a while and their customer service is beyond appalling. The UK branch is run by a bunch of amateur old ladies who are rude and unapologetic that their product is constantly faulty. They even blame you and that’s if you’re lucky to get a reply at all. Passive aggressive staff who seem to be the leftovers no one else would hire. Avoid this company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I've been using V2 for years but I have to finally admit, they just are not a reliable company anymore. For starters much of their stock is on permanent back order. The website will say back-ordered things will ship within 15 days but it usually takes a couple months... And then usually only because you accept something different as a replacement.

Worse, the level of quality from their products has diminished greatly. They always (intentionally) had a fatal flaw in their designs, creating devices that you can't replace the batteries. But I recently tried their new 'flagship' design the Series 3x, it lasted about a month and the battery is completely dead, won't hold a charge for a single puff. The only option is the buy the entire unit because you can't replace the batteries. Anyone considered them, should look elsewhere, I don't think they are going to be in business very long, they certainly aren't running a company like people who intend on it being around much longer. Shame really because I used to recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I love my V2 Pro Series 7. However, I'm going to trash it and switch to another brand of e-cigarette because V2 does not have the Series 7 Pro Pod Adapter in stock and no stores that I have contacted offer it for sale. I ordered the Series 7 Pro Pod Adapter one week ago and the order has not even been processed yet. The order page states that it will take up to 60 days for the Series 7 Pro Pod Adapter to ship. This is no way to run a business. I cancelled the order. Do not order anything from V2's website if you would like to receive it before 60 days.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Is this Company going out of business? Long time customer I have noticed that their products are often on "Backorder"...for months! Company charges your credit card immediately then does not ship product. When you contact them they always say "that product is out of stock and we will ship in 15 days". Unfortunately, they have been telling me that since October of 2017. Can anyone recommend an honest provider?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This is one of the most expensive, poorest quality vapes I have used yet (7 series). The cartridges break within weeks of use - all 3 kinds, since the caps are cheaply made and designed. Also they are plastic, which melts when you try to heat them (since they don't have a pre-heat function for 130.00) to melt the oil which won't burn otherwise. Save your money! All 3 of the V2 models are overpriced and are flaky, I have all three, and have referred at least 15 others to use them over the past 6 months, but the feedback on quality was all very negative (across the board) and the cheap, proprietary cartridges make this product a dud!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Horrible company that does nothing but lie. I placed an order on 1/22/18 and paid for the overnight shipping. I received an order on 1/24/18 however this order was not mine but that of a completely different person. After calling the company multiple times and being on hold for over 30 minutes each time I finally got a hold of someone. He apologized and said he refunded my overnight shipping (which I have not received) and was sending out my correct order overnight again. This time on 1/26/18 I received the order. However it only had part of my order that I placed in it. I received cartridges instead of my liquid I ordered.

I called again and this time after being on hold for 30 minutes spoke to a woman. She apologized gave me credits and said I would receive the liquid on the following Tuesday 1/30/18. Tuesday came and went and I never received anything. Of course now things changed and they close early so I called them first thing when they opened Wednesday 1/31/18. Again I get an apology and they are shipping it right away and I will have it Thursday 2/1/18. Well Thursday came and went and I had to wait till I got home on Friday 2/2/18 to call them. This time I tell them I want a full refund and a shipping label so I can send their stuff back as I don't trust I will ever receive anything correctly.

I was then told they can only issue me a refund check not a refund to my credit card I paid them with. Oh and it will be 30 days after they receive the products back before it will be sent out. Well this is a major red flag after they have already screwed me over more than once. I know for a fact I will not receive a refund check from them. I don't know how this place could have a A+ rating on BBB nothing but bad reviews and complaints about the same thing I'm dealing with. I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges and this business needs to be closed.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have been with V2 for almost ten years, never any complaints. Till now not sure what happen there, but order wait time is ridiculous now. They lose orders, never send product. Have to try and contact all the time. If not going to do business then get out.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

After placing an order during Black Friday sale 2017, I was informed 2 weeks later the product was back ordered. Now, 2 months later, the product is still back ordered. Seems the company is failing. Buyer Beware. I will be cancelling this order and going to a professional company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have only been a customer since January of 2017. It started with very poor delivery but once I got the product it seemed to be okay. I did not get the number of vapes that they said. My re-order was a large amount of money (at least for me) and the cartridges are leaking and I am using at least 2 a day. I am only a 1/2 pack smoker. I will not be ordering again from this company.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I'm fairly new to V2 and am happy with the quality of the product, but there are serious issues with the customer service and communications. Months ago, I placed an order for more e-liquids and it took almost a month to get to me because they said it was out of stock. Now, I ordered 2 new cartridges and they are once again out of stock and it's been over two weeks since I've heard from them. Order is still awaiting fulfillment which isn't even taking into account the 2+ weeks it will take during shipping. Emails are going unanswered and by the looks of things it will be well over a month from placement to delivery, assuming it ships this week. I like the product overall but the customer service and communications are a problem. If I hadn't already spent good money on the vape I'd consider finding a new company. Guys, please get your stuff in order. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

THREE V2 series 7 stopped working after only a couple days. (They weren't banged around. They just stopped working.) After the third stopped working I asked for refund and still have NOT responded after 11 days. I had to pay for shipping broken products back to them every time and go out of my way to post office. Waste of my time and infuriating as I was trying to use pen to replace smoking. Even when the pen was working the cartridges leak e-juice making a mess.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I have been a long time customer of V2. Over this past year, I have noticed some serious issues with customer service as well as supply and delivery times. They have always been very good about replacing batteries that go bad, which I do appreciate. However, when I am ordering standard supplies for the batteries and have a hard time receiving them, that doesn't seem like a good business model. My last order was on Nov 23, 2017 and I have still not received the entire order. There was a blanket email that went out at the beginning of December stating that they would be filling orders by the end of December, but that obviously didn't happen...and nothing has been sent advising me of when my order will be filled.

I contacted customer service today and was honestly amazed to get through to someone via chat. However, the experience was not acceptable from there forward. I was advised that they had been very busy and that the cartridges that I had ordered almost 2 months ago were back ordered and should be in stock within 15 days. NOT ok. I was also advised that because they were so busy they were unable to update customers & to let them know that their orders were delayed. DOUBLE NOT OK. I couldn't even believe that the words were being said... They don't have time for their customers is what I got out of the entire conversation, and I have to seriously rethink spending any money with a company that says that.

As a small business owner myself, I understand that things can sometimes happen beyond one's control. However, telling a customer that they are not important enough (no matter how small or large an order might be) is never something that has come into my mind. VERY disappointed in this company, and I would strongly recommend others looks elsewhere for their ecig needs -- as I am -- going forward.

Not sure about V2 Cigs?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right E-Cigarettes for you.

V2 Cigs expert review by Benji Waters

V2 Cigs -- like NJOY -- claim to be the US's No. 1 e-cig website. They sell a disposable electronic cigarette with 10 different flavors available.

• Easy to use: Just open the packet, screw on the cartomizer and it’s ready to go.

• Performance: Good vapor production.

• Realistic look: Small, discreet and easy to carry; looks very similar to a tobacco cigarette

• Flavor: The flavors compared to other brands may be bland.

• Battery: The battery does not last very long.

• Best for: Occasional users, light users

Profile picture of Benji Waters
Benji Waters

E-cigarettes Contributing Editor

Benji Waters has been working in the electronic cigarette industry for over 3 years. He is a well known blogger on What E Cigarette? and Electronic Cigarette UK and regularly consults with suppliers and manufacturers on current products and future technology.

V2 Cigs Company Information

Miami
FL
1-877-378-2767
www.v2.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business