It's that easy Request Information
2.21/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

29 NJOY Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

At first I was thrilled with this product. Even Traded my old Juul for it because of the superior overall quality. Unfortunately, after 2 weeks, more than half of the pods I purchase taste burnt before they are half empty. I was thrilled with the money I was saving over Juul until I had to start buying new pods halfway through my pack! Very disappointed in an initially great product.

NJOY response

Get expert buying tips about E-Cigarettes delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have had to buy a new battery charger every 2 weeks since December due to them stopping to work. At $30 each that is expensive. Now I notice they don't even sell them on their website anymore and are pushing another product. I think they are making them off or quality and having them fail on purpose. If anyone else is having this issue, please post and we may have the grounds for a class action lawsuit.

NJOY response

Hi Paolo. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that your NJOY product isn't working quite right. Please give us a call or send us an email and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I just purchased a brand new Njoy Ace with classic tobacco pods and they are by far the absolute worst tasting vapes that I've ever tasted. Taste like burning cotton, nothing good about this stuff. Gross.

NJOY response

Hi Jeff. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that your NJOY product isn't working quite right. Please give us a call or send us an email and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have one NJOY as a gift because I quit smoking and this didn't work, so I don't have the chance to prove it. I'm disappointed. And I can't give it back because they bring it from a trip and I don't know if I can have it in my country.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I quit smoking a year ago using e-cigs. I started with the Blu then went to the NJOY because the comfort and flavor of the NJOY is better. At first it was not bad at all but lately I'm so disgusted with my experience with the product. My boyfriend and myself literally buy at least 2 per day and that is at least sometimes more and here lately I'd say 50% of the time we are taking one back or simply throwing it in the trash because it just does not work at all. I'm getting super sick of returning them and Walgreens is getting sick of seeing me. I'm looking to start a new brand.

NJOY response

Hi Mary. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that your NJOY product isn't working quite right. Please give us a call or send an email and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NJOY?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This product is faulty as it leaks which makes it unsafe to use. I have the new Njoy e-cig charger that holds 2 e-cigs as it charges. At first I thought I was imagining it but it started leaking in the charger case and when I pulled out the cig to use it was all wet.

NJOY response

Hi Laura. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're sorry to hear that your NJOY product isn't working quite right. Please give us a call or send an email to us and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I recently purchased an NJOY Loop and was having problems with the loop pods leaking when putting them into the battery charger and I was unsure if it was bad battery sticks, pods or the charger, so I emailed NJOY when I got the chance which was around midnight and when I woke up the next morning I had already received an email from customer service letting me know that they had received my email and were forwarding it on to their supervisors for review to resolve my issue and within an hour I got another email notifying me that they would be replacing the entire unit and they included two new loop pods and that they would be sending me tracking information once the product shipped.

Before I could finish reading the email from customer service letting me know of the resolution I received another email with the tracking information for my new unit. If that isn't excellent customer service I don't know what is, there was absolutely no hassle, I didn't need to ship back the defective unit or pods, no filling out return forms, and no back and forth as far as explaining my issue to try to get it resolved.

I would definitely recommend NJOY products, not only was I able to quit smoking cigarettes completely with no cravings at all (I have not smoked or wanted an actual cigarette since I purchased this approximately a month ago), their products give you the same satisfaction of a cigarette without the cost, smell and all of the other nasty things that come with cigarette smoking, the flavor is excellent and their customer service is AMAZING! I would recommend giving them a try if you haven't already and if you have any problems the company will back their products 100%.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I buy the disposable every month. I am sick, and they calm me. Recently I ordered some sticks, but order came out wrong. I called next day, and was told but a certain associate she would change it. She never did. She then lied on phone saying she was a different person, and it was already shipped. I said, "No. It wasn't. Check your phone calls." She then said, "Oh that was me you were talking to." Making me sound like a liar. Then she promised to make up for it, and give me a partial refund. It was a dollar... Then she told me she would send out the two sticks she messed up in changing. Then after giving her a great rating, she wrote in email that she is not giving me my two measly sticks. It's the point. She claimed FDA did no free stuff. My uncle's a lawyer, and laughed. Lie, because it wasn't free stuff, it was part of my order that she messed up.

The emails were Nasty, yet she was sweet on the phone. If they would check the phone calls, compared to the emails they can see this women lied to me over and over again. So unprofessional. Amazon would never do this. So no refund, no sticks in initially ordered. If she would of changed it, because it wasn't shipped yet, it wouldn't be a problem. But she actually lied about it, then admitted it. I say the company should check the phone calls, and the lying emails, that were so nasty, I genuinely got upset. I spend so much money every month, and recommend them. They should fix this in many ways, because I'm disgusted.

NJOY response

Hi Stacy. Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're sorry for the confusion and we do apologize that we were not able to make a change to your order. In order to ship orders as quickly as possible, orders made on our site are uploaded to the warehouse almost immediately. I do see that one of our agents was able to help

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I really like the ACE. The flavors are good but limited. Wish there were more. It’s only a couple of weeks old (my device) and my watermelon twist pod is leaking into where it sits in the device. I have no idea how or why.

NJOY response

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your Ace Pod isn't working quite right. Please reach out to us and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I love NJOY disposables. They are convenient and do not smell like a normal cigarettes. However, the last few orders I have received, 6 out of the 10 are duds. I always order 10 at a time. Very disappointed. I hoping this gets corrected and it was possibly just a bad batch.

NJOY response

Hi Sherri. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that some of your Dailys didn't work quite right. Please reach out to us and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I'm an auto shipment customer and in the beginning was quite happy. However, my recent shipments have been quite disappointing. Four to five of each dailies out of twenty have been defective; empty or only lasts for 40-50 draws. When this first started, I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking that "it happens." Because of this I just pitched the defectives. When I reported a problem, I was told I need to send back the bad ones. My mistake. I'm now collecting the defective dailies so I'll be prepared. I'm giving them one more shipment, hoping there was just a "bad batch". If quality doesn't improve, I'll be canceling my auto shipment.

NJOY response

Hi Tammy. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that some of your Dailys didn't work quite right. Please reach out to us and one of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I started using the NJOY Loop for a few months. In the past I had used the daily use. I agree the daily use you would get several that didn't work. I just checked them in the parking lot of the store and took them right back in and traded. I don't know if it was shelf life or what. However, I love the Loop. I have got my son, nephew, niece and many family members on it. My son and I hate cigarettes now! What a plus. The only complaint was we lose the sticks but they are fixing that and are going to be selling them separately very soon. If they are reasonably pieced that will make a big difference. I also wish you could buy them more places. In my travels I have found Walgreens the only place to get them. I give it a huge thumbs up! Thank you Njoy!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have been buying Njoy daily's for a long time now. The problem is that at least 1-2 times a week they do not work and the company has a horrible return policy. If I send them back every time they dont work I will be paying for return fees multiple times a week and still waiting 2-3 weeks for a refund. I feel like they have horrible customer service with generic automatic messages. The product is not worth the money especially for how often I buy a defected product from them and the inconvenience of returning it.

NJOY response

We’re sorry to hear that your NJOY Daily didn’t work quite right. We would like to make this right and would be happy to help replace your NJOY Daily. Send us an email at cs@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been an Njoy daily customer since the Dailys were first released and I am getting defective e-cigs on a regular basis in the bundles I purchase. I buy the 5 packs and out of every 10, I end up with at least 1-2 that are faulty. Many don't work at all (No light or vapor) and some work for a few seconds and liquid comes out from the tip and stops working.

I wrote NJOY and get a very generic answer about their return policy. If I had to go through this process every time, I will be returning e-cigs once a week, remember to keep all my receipts, paying for the return and waiting 2-3 weeks to get my refund. This will be like a new unrewarding part time job for me - I will never be done with this process. Like I stated earlier, in the last couple of months I have had over 10 e-cigs that are defective (not including the one I just opened) - I have in some cases had up to 2 of the 5 in the box come out defective. THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! At first I thought it was a fluke, but I see that this is a regular thing with their product. If their goal is to get people to stop vaping the product, this is an excellent strategy!

NJOY response

We’re sorry to hear that your NJOY Daily didn’t work quite right. We would like to make this right and would be happy to help replace your NJOY Daily. Send us an email at hello@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've probably purchased 100 over time because I liked the flavor but they lie about how many puffs. You may get some puffs over a couple hours and you may get none. How do they get away with the lies in advertising? Never. Again.

NJOY response

Hi Lola. We're sorry to hear that your NJOY Daily didn't work quite right. Please send us an email at cs@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have now sampled all of NJOY products. The latest is the "LOOP". I find NJOY to be easy and convenient. Yes... I have mods for vaping and have tried countless other e-cigs also. With NJOY I find zero desire to smoke. And that says a lot as I have been a smoker for forty years. Funny thing is, I was not trying to quit smoking, it's just a wonderful side effect. Anyway, I recommend giving NJOY a try.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have been using NJOY Dalies for months. Good product but complete lie on 300 puffs best case 30-50. I have returned product, complained, sent messages yet no change. Manufacturing greed for more profit. Change the fill now and make it right. Stop the advertising lies now.

NJOY response

Hi John. We’re sorry to hear that your NJOYs didn’t work quite right. We would like to make this right and would be happy to help replace your NJOY item. Send us an email at cs@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: April 7, 2018

E-cigarette disposable - reg. flavor are ok., but several have gotten real hot and light comes on ---never goes off. I am to the point of not buying them. Do not know if it will blow up! I threw it out. COMPANY should correct this problem -- to avoid any burning danger.

NJOY response

Hi Viviane. We’re sorry to hear that your NJOYs didn’t work quite right. We would like to make this right and would be happy to help replace your NJOY item. Send us an email at cs@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Returned the new compact battery vape pen along with the original order for & still no refund. I think it's bogus they cannot stand by their product. And I think it's bogus they do not have a 1-800. Their customer service sucks. I will not buy from them again.

NJOY response

Hi Sherry, we're so sorry about that! We changed our number and we didn’t mean to leave you in the dark. You can reach us at 833-ASK-NJOY or at cs@njoy.com if you have any other questions.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Been a customer off and on for 3 years buying NJOY at local drug stores. Every 5 pack BOLD either has one or two cigarette that do not work and in most cases the batteries last 1-3 puff. I sent 2-5 packs back and NJOY replaces them. The replacement had the same problems. I stop Buying them.

NJOY response

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

The product itself, not bad. But I order from their website. There is always a problem with an order, up until the last time. It was usually a problem just getting it to me. Sometimes would take 2 weeks before it was mailed, once it was almost a month before I receive it. I would email NJOY with a status update and would receive a response usually about 2 weeks after it had been finally delivered. I put up with this because I did like their product. However, this last time, even though the purchase order verified my order, they sent the wrong product. I have left voicemails, I have emailed, there is no response. I finally had to go to my bank and file a complaint. Along with the BBB (they have 7 complaints they have not responded to) and file a complaint with the AG office. Seriously, stay away from NJOY.

NJOY response

We’re sorry about that! We do offer expedited shipping if you need your NJOYs to be delivered right away. Please check out www.NJOY.com to see our shipping options. If you have any questions regarding your orders, you can always call us at 1-833-ASK-NJOY and one of our helpful customer care team members can help.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Just bought another 5 pack of NJOY king from Walgreens and like the last pack at least 2 don't work. It's painful to spend $40 on a faulty product. Use to order directly from company but the wait is too long when you need a cig, although cheaper. The quality seems to be going way down for this brand!

NJOY response

We’re sorry to hear that your NJOYs didn’t work quite right. We would like to make this right and would be happy to help replace your NJOYs. Send us an email at cs@njoy.com or give us a call at 833-ASK-NJOY. One of our friendly customer care team members can help.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Two times I purchased the King Menthol Bold and each time they did not work at all. Still have them plus the wrappers. I have enjoyed the disposable ones but I couldn't even get a chance with the king type. Is it possible for replacements? Purchase was defective.

NJOY response

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

It was perfectly simple to use. I also heard that there is an incentive if you send the used product back to the company after use. I think this is a great way to get customers to continue using the product. There were plenty of options. There was the light flavor, full flavor, and the mentholiday options. Each had a lighter and fuller flavor available and they were all pretty smooth tasting. I personally have always preferred a menthol flavor but I know a lot of people don't like that.

Obviously the vapor is different than a traditional cigarette, but it worked for me. I like the NJOY just as much as I like a regular cigarette. There are definitely differences like for me I didn't seem to get the dry mouth sensation as often with the NJOY as with a traditional cigarette. I never smoked much so there were times when a pack of cigarettes would last 3 days. The NJOY lasted over a month for me. On that note I would say the battery life is perfect for a person who does not smoke as much as some. I don't think I have ever seen an NJOY reach the end of its battery life though so maybe it is good for heavy smokers as well.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The E-cig is easy to use. All you have to do is fill the "tank" and hold the button. The heating element has a habit of overheating every now and then, but if you try to go easy with it, you shouldn't have a problem. For the NJOY E-cig, I have only seen 2 flavors; regular and menthol. I have seen different liquids from different companies that can be used with it, but not from NJOY itself. The vapor doesn't really taste like a regular cigarette, but it does have the same nicotine feel. Also, it kind of feels like inhaling from a humidifier. In my experience, the battery only lasted about an hour before I had to recharge it. I don't know if this was from the frequency that I used it or not, but the battery life could be better.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I think it is good for 26-year-old since they look really fashion. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try it out. Also, be sure to get a coupon, and buy massive amount at once. I think they are pretty good in flavor, better than other brands. They are inexpensive and everyone can afford them. It is better than perfect. The quality is really nice. I think it is very fresh and not expensive at all. One after one, I smoked and I am happy about smoking twenty times a day since the quality is so good. The battery lasts long but you need to replace it every once in a while.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Very easy to use just like a normal cigarette runs on a battery. When it runs out recharge the e-cig or buy refills. Great value for the money. A lot of different styles and flavors and the product is awesome and I am glad that I am using this product. Great flavor. Beats having cigarettes. Great quality for the money and anyone interested in this product is going to find this out of this world that has a long battery life and such an awesome device development well and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to use this product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The product is easy to use, not complicated. Doesn't require ordering liquids to use it. Since I don't have to add liquid, I don't have to experience spilling it while refilling or the product loosening and leaking fluid into my mouth. Is portable and not large. The product doesn't look obvious and large which will gain other people's attention and make me feel awkward. I like the product because it isn't liquid. Because of this the product doesn't leave strange and varying odors while being used. Because of this the product is extremely similar to real cigarettes. This is something I prefer. I enjoy the vapor quality because it makes my throat feel like I am using a real cigarette. I also like that the vapor does not leave a lingering cloud of smoke after being used. I like that the battery life meets how long the use of the product is. But, I would prefer that the battery life and usability of the product would last longer.

NJOY expert review by Benji Waters

Founded in 2006, NJOY has over 80,000 retail locations and claims to be the No. 1 retail brand in the US, selling in all 50 states.

• Accessories: Smart case with a compartment to keep the cigarette

• Realistic look: Authentic cigarette look and feel

• Workmanship: Quality construction

• Flavor: Not great flavor and can be quite harsh on the throat. However, NJoy offers the highest concentration of nicotine at 4.5%. This is great for heavy smokers transitioning to eCigs.

• Battery: The battery life doesn't last very long.

• Best for: Occasional users, light users

Profile picture of Benji Waters
Benji Waters E-cigarettes Contributing Editor

Benji Waters has been working in the electronic cigarette industry for over 3 years. He is a well known blogger on What E Cigarette? and Electronic Cigarette UK and regularly consults with suppliers and manufacturers on current products and future technology.

NJOY Company Information