1.62/5
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

blu Cigs

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 1, 2017

42 blu eCigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I love the rechargeable pack which holds enough charge in it to recharge the batteries around 5 or 6 times and has room for 3 tanks. I don't like a harsh throat hit so these are fine. I contacted their customer service once and they were responsive with my complaint of a couple of bad batteries. They sent me new ones for free. Here's the bad part... the tanks leak and I get that fluid in my mouth, it makes me gag. Sometimes they leak right away, sometimes when nearly empty. I throw out about half the refills I have to buy! I really would like to continue using Blu but they need to re-engineer the tanks to prevent the leaking.:(

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My first ever vape! I simply bought the basic blu-kit pre-charged, containing one classic tobacco tank for about 17 dollars total, plus a separate one dollar wall adapter for at-home charging... My first hit made me wanna gag! It hurt my chest and tasted very strong. I was surprised at how harsh it was and the fact that it tasted and felt a lot like smoke. I took the blu cig home and continued to use it. It is very easy to use and doesn't stink up your clothing or furniture. This is a good thing. One tank lasts about 2-5 days, and one charge (that takes about 30 minutes to complete) lasts about one day or less. I am yet to try a flavor other than classic tobacco, but the classic tobacco tastes good at first; kind of vanilla-ish with a pipe tobacco flavor.

However, as the tank runs lower, and as you become accustomed to the flavor, the smoke begins to taste like the soiled bottom of an old casino's ashtray while chewing on a mouthful of old cigar butts. Very foul. Vaping may be a bit "safer" for your health than regular cigarettes but not by much. It can give you a sore throat, and a sore chest. Overall I give the blu eCigs a thumbs up for being convenient, cheap, very easy to use, for not stinking up your house/apartment, and for being a good supplement for real cigarettes. But beware, over time, and as you get used to the flavor, the smoke may begin to taste very bad. Bottom line; a person and their health is probably best not smoking OR vaping at all.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 23, 2017

Quitting smoking was really hard. At the six month mark I thought I wanted to die rather than live not smoking. I tried Blu. Ahhhh. It gave me the throat hit I craved along with a jolt of nicotine. I've been using them for about a year now. There are two problems with their equipment. The black paint wears off the rechargeable cartridges, making them unsightly. And for some reason their recharging/carrying case is a great idea but they seem to give out pretty quick. I've gone through two in six months. They come with a one year warranty and Blu has been great to deal with. But the product is not as reliable as I'd like.

Original review: May 24, 2017

When Blu first came out, whether I used their disposables or the rechargeable, the tobacco flavor was great. About two or three years ago they changed the formula and it was too sweet and it reminds me of the old Coke and the new Coke back in the 80s. I stopped using Blu cigarettes and started with logic because I cannot smoke anything that sweet. Will Blu ever go back to its original formula?

Original review: March 16, 2017

I have purchased several blu eCigs from different locations around my city. All of them immediately produce a burnt plastic vapor which feels like it must be toxic and unsafe. These are brand new eCigs and they are not returnable at the stores they are purchased from. I am very unhappy with these defective eCigs and don't feel these are safe for consumers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about blu eCigs?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

No low nicotine refills available anywhere. The high nicotine refills are giving me asthma symptoms, so I went to Walmart, Walgreens and a couple of gas stations to get the low and eventually go down to no nicotine, but I can't find the low nicotine refills anywhere. So I went to their website and google to find the low nicotine refills in vanilla and I can't find them anywhere, so I'm switching to the healthy e-cigs that I found online. I loved this flavor (Vanilla), so I'm a little disappointed. It's like they keep it on high nicotine so you stay more addicted. This counteracts the fact that many of their customers switched to e-cigs to stop smoking altogether.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Has anyone noticed that the tanks don't last as long as they used to? I have and I got to tell you that I really think the company needs to be investigated for fraud. They jacked up the prices to $20 per box of 3 and people were leaving them, so to make up for it now they are putting less juice in each tank. I put a negative but tasteful review on their website and got an email telling me that it does not meet their standards. Why? I know... because they WILL NOT POST any NEGATIVE reviews!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I received emails from Blu after I had purchased the Blu Pro kit. My review was a negative one - said the throat hit was poor and the refill bottle was inflexible and hard to squeeze. Blu "moderated" my review and did not publish it saying it did not "meet their website guideline". Makes me think they are censoring reviews by only publishing the good reviews. Very disappointed in the company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Waste of $$$$$. I've had problems with them lasting more than a couple hours. Having a second replacement sent to me. V2 has a kit for $59 - $79. I've wasted more than that on blu eCigs. Don't waste your money!!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Almost half the cartridges I bought leak, some while still wrapped and others on the battery. Some leak from the mouthpiece and you get to taste the liquid and some leak into the battery and it needs to be cleaned out for it to work. Those are the problems and they are compounded by the fact that blu has ignored 3 emails yet still sends me ads wondering where I've been since they haven't seen me in a while!!! If they looked at their emails... Next stop is the BBB.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Purchased a rechargeable pack which was DOA. Customer Service (CS) sent a replacement pack, which was fine. But when I tried out the 2 batteries that came with the original pack, both were defective (would not accept a charge). Called CS again and they sent 3 replacement batteries (generous), but upon arrival I found ALL THREE were defective, so I called CS and they sent 2 more which were ALSO defective! Mind you each time I received a defective product and got a replacement, another week went by due to mailing time. In the meantime, I ordered a battery and charger, both of which arrived defective. Called CS again to report this and they wanted to send me replacements for the 3 bad batteries and 1 charger I had purchased, but after receiving 8 dead batteries in a row I didn't want more of the same.

While all this was going on I ordered 2 express kits, each of which came with a battery and charger and were fine, so at least I had two working batteries and chargers. Asked CS to send me express kits instead of more defective batteries, but they said they couldn't, so I requested a refund. The order for 1 battery and charger was within 30 days so they sent me a form to fill out and mail back with the defective products at MY EXPENSE. As for the other two batteries, all they could do was send two more replacements. I dread receiving 2 more dead batteries and going through all of this again with CS, because this has dragged out now for six weeks, and is a waste of my time, CS's time, and their postage! I really like the products which weren't defective, but the failure rate is so high on the batteries, I will only order express kits from now on when I need batteries, because I've had good luck with them.

Also, they use UPS's cheapest service for shipping, which involves a handoff to my local P.O. which provides terrible service, so packages take 5 to 10 days to arrive. When you're on your 4th consecutive shipment just to get one working product, this becomes quite tiresome. However, replacement shipments using the same service with the addition of priority handling seem to get here in a 3-5 days which is reasonable. Great product, but they need to get a handle on quality control.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I am a pack a day smoker of Marlboro Lights. You can almost set your clock by my daily purchases. How many "puffs" a day??? Never counted, but the impression I got after reading, was this (400 puffs) would be about two days. Sorry folks, but one day, and the blue light was out! (20 minutes from the time of purchase) A very expensive substitute for a pack of Marlboros. So I feel that if Blu wants to continue selling their product they should go over to the de facto standard of "packs per day", so we can fairly get an idea of the value we are receiving for money spent!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

My first experience with Blu was 2 years ago. I will say the original Blu I had was awesome! It held 5 refills and the battery was smaller much like a king size cigarette, which is what I smoked. I tried several times over the last 2 years and Blu even sent me a free kit when the Blu plus came out. I always went back to smoking, mostly because at the time buying a pack of smokes was cheaper than buying the refills. On July 31 I decided enough was enough, the price per pack of smokes went up in PA. So I dug my Blu out and decided I was finally going to quit. I still occasionally smoke... but I love my Blu! Since I live in a small town finding the refills was hard...and expensive! What I have learned is this... although the older version (with only 1 hole) seems to last longer, they also tend to leak A LOT more. Since I live in the middle of nowhere that was the brand most stores had. The longer they sit on a shelf the more likely they are to leak.

Of course I sent emails to Blu and they replaced each pack. The newer refills with the 23 holes, although they don't last quite as long as the old ones, rarely leak. Since I have bought at least 2 packs of smokes a day from the local store, they totally agreed to start stocking the vivid vanilla refills for me and much to my surprise only cost $7.99! So, I can purchase 3 refills that will last me 3-4 days for the same price as a pack of smokes now that would only last me maybe a day, and I don't have to wait a week like I do when I order them online. I own at least 3 of the express kits (from random purchases when I forgot my pack or the store was out of refills). I keep a USB charger at work and at home just in case I forget to charge my pack, which happens a lot! They charge super fast. I have noticed some of my older batteries don't hold a charge as long, but they are 2 years old. Super happy with my Blu!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I continue to have problems with tanks leaking. Blu usually is pretty good about replacements, but I don't think getting the liquid in your mouth is good. Also I spend $260 on blu per month and $160 on cigarettes. I go thru 2 tanks per day. Wish they would another tank but keep price low. I definitely miss the merchandise. You go through points quickly when using them to buy products.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have used this product for about a year. I find that the tanks leak on my lips. The company gave me replacements, and advised me how to store them. I have had problems for about 3 months now. Time to change brands!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Honestly I started using Blu 3 or so years ago and wasn't overly excited but stuck with it then when the Blue Plus came out. It is awesome. I find it easy to stick to. I feel so much better and the few times I did have a problem I just called company and they replaced product with absolutely no hassle. I buy them on the computer right from company. It's quite a bit cheaper and as of now it's been great!

Original review: July 27, 2016

I was a heavy smoker for many years and went on to Sky Cigs (the old Blu cigs) a couple of years ago. At first I was buying them online and got about six different flavours but over the past year found them in supermarkets but was restricted to two flavours. They were cheaper at co op but became very difficult to get hold of and I was like a drug addict trying to find a co op that had stock. Very frustrating. AND then blu eCigs changed their refills. Big mistake as now instead of three in a packet, you only get two. Same price though! They spoilt it for themselves.

They are horrible. Not as subtle as the previous ones and when I looked I was shocked to find that they were no longer medium strength but the strongest strength therefore instead of helping me to get off e-cigs, they were giving me more nicotine. I am very disappointed in blu eCigs and will not buy them anymore. Also every third one was leaking juice onto my tongue and lips and tasted vile. On the packet it gives a warning about it being dangerous if it gets on your skin so how can these possibly not be doing you harm. My cough had gone away but have had bad asthma and breathing problems. So much for e-cigs being safe! I think not. STAY AWAY FROM THESE.

Original review: July 24, 2016

Used this product for 3 years and was very satisfied. The new generation of cartridges suck just like their customer services. New cartridges (blu PLUS+) taste awful and leak liquid into your mouth. Warnings on the packaging suggest that this liquid is toxic. blu inc policy is to only accept returns if packages are unopened. Unfortunately you can't tell the cartridges are ** until you have opened them. Good bye blu inc. I will be purchasing my e-Cigs from one of your rival companies in future. Wake up blu. Your attitude stinks and so does your customer services department.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Bought their cheapest rechargeable kit to use on vacation, so I didn't have to bring my mod with me. These make me cough like crazy, and their menthol flavor taste like a combination of dirty sweat socks, and a day old ash tray. Also let it be known that menthol is one of my favorite flavors on my mod. If you're looking to quit smoking steer clear of these little things.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I was using these regularly and it was working great for me and then the company changed the flavor. The new flavor is AWFUL and causes me to cough worse than cigarettes ever did. I ended up going back to smoking. I am trying again to quit and went around to any stores that I could find the original disposable blu Cigs and bought them. I have run out of places to get them now and can't stand the new ones so I am currently looking for another brand. The new ones tastes just like all the others that I had tried before and hated. So THANKS a lot (meant to be sarcastic). Also, the customer service is terrible. They basically told me that I was stuck with the new flavor.

Original review: March 22, 2016

I've bought three pack refill tanks at 3 different stores at $15 a pack. 7 out of 9 tanks leak in your mouth every time you try to puff. I'm pretty sure this product isn't safe to ingest. Useless products and total waste of hard earned money.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Customer service leaves a great deal to be desired. I purchased the rechargeable pack, which did not work. They sent another, which also did not work. I asked for a refund, and they wanted ME to pay postage to send back a product that DID NOT WORK. Couldn't see why I should be responsible for even one penny when their product doesn't do what I paid for it to do.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

Just got on these about a week ago. Not the greatest, but then again, it is what it is. If it keeps me from smoking real cigs, fine. I purchased the tobacco and I can still get a little out of it on day 5. Bought a cherry this morning to try. So now I have two different flavors. Why would there not be any distinctive markings on these things to tell me which is which? That's just basic, how did you miss that? Different color printing, list the flavor, I don't care. Figure it out.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

My husband and I use Blu and while we like the e-cigarettes we have had a bad experience with customer service and their ‘reward points’. We joined Blu reward points but over the past several weeks have been receiving an error message. The “code has already been entered” on redemption codes that have never been used before. Fed-up after seeing this error over a dozen times I finally contacted Blu to inform them that our latest code ** was giving the error and we entering it immediately. Blu customer service told us that redemption codes that begin in 06 do not work (the way it was said made me believe that the problem was with more than just the 06 codes). The customer service rep basically told us “oh well, too bad”. So we are not receiving any point compensation. If you run into the same problem contact customer support or if you do not want the hassle don’t join the so called ‘Rewards’ program – or shop somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

The company sent me a starter pack of the new blu plus which was very nice of them, but the classic tobacco tastes "awful". I really enjoyed the flavor of the original classic tobacco low nicotine which was the reason I stayed with that brand. However, I had a lot of cartridges that didn't work or the batteries died after a few months of use. So I was hopeful that the new blu plus would take care of the problems. But the taste is horrible so I must find another brand that I like. Very disappointing as they helped a lot in my quitting smoking. Wish they had left the original flavor alone. They have a few cartridges on clearance but they aren't in low strength in the original classic tobacco so it doesn't help me. If the company has any of the original in low strength, I would purchase some from them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I lost my eCig today. Too late to get to a Vape Store so I thought I would just pick up a Blu to get me through the night. I paid over $9 for this thing. It stopped working after about 25 or 30 pulls. Sorry product.. I won't be doing that again!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2015

I purchased a Blu eCig last night at 7eleven as I missed closing time on my regular vape shop. As I always do, I test my product before I leave the store and realized it tasted pretty crappy but put out decent smoke. I typically use Smokin T brand. After giving it a few more attempts at home I started giving me a headache. I realize they are trying to make it taste like pipe tobacco and not a smoke. It has been sitting on my counter since last night. I just didn't hit my last Smokin T like I usually do and just waited until they open. Blu should go back to their old flavor as the previous posters have stated. They did have the best flavor. Never buying again even in an emergency.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

My husband and I loved the old flavors of the blu e-cigs. When they changed to the premium tanks we disliked the new taste so we went back to the starter cartridges, which had the old tobacco flavor. Now those have changed to the tank flavor. Sorry guys, we will be buying our e-cigs elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I was a 2 pack a day smoker. I started using Nicorette gum, but there were times that just wasn't enough. My son suggested I try Blu during the times the Nicorette wasn't enough. My husband went to a recently purchased gas station here in town and bought a tobacco and a cherry. I didn't like the tobacco taste. I assume that I was expecting it to taste like a Marlboro. The cherry smelled amazing! But by the next afternoon, they were empty. Mind you, I was using the gum and only used the e-cig a few times. I blamed it on the fact that this company had just bought the store and they were probably just old.

We went to another station and bought a tobacco one. The side of the box said 400 puffs. I lost count, but it only lasted for 64 or 65 puffs and that was it. My husband picked me up a cherry one a few hours ago. I think this will be my last one. I've about kicked the habit now and hardly even use the Nicorette. But we have to go to a smoky bar on the 21 to see James Dupre' (from the Voice) and I was really hoping to fall back on Blu to keep me from smoking that night.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I first bought blu classic tobacco over a year ago. I recently ordered some more cartridges and could NOT believe the taste. I cannot imagine ANYONE enjoying this taste. It is gross, and tastes like a bunch of chemicals, and nothing like the old flavor. PLEASE return to the old ones. I want to continue being a customer!

blu eCigs expert review by Benji Waters

A popular US brand selling a two piece disposable cartomizer system. Their products are well presented and distinct with their blue color.

• Quality: Pulls easily and good vapor for a disposable
    • Easy to use: Ready to use straight out of the box
    • Flavor: Great flavor from Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice
    • Cartomizer refills: Incompatible to refill with other cartomizer tanks.
    • Battery length: The battery life does not last long. However, they do include a warranty.
    • Best for: Occasional users, light users
    Profile picture of Benji Waters
    Benji Waters

E-cigarettes Contributing Editor

Benji Waters has been working in the electronic cigarette industry for over 3 years. He is a well known blogger on What E Cigarette? and Electronic Cigarette UK and regularly consults with suppliers and manufacturers on current products and future technology.

blu eCigs questions and answers

What problem is blu trying to solve?
    Smoking has a lot of negatives – but as smokers, we love smoking. We get little moments to ourselves, and often smoke when we have little victories in our lives. The downside to this is the stigma and everything else that comes with smoking. That's what we're trying to solve. We want to give smokers what they love about smoking – without the things they hate. That's a tough problem to solve, but we're up for the task.
    What sets blu apart from the competition?
    The fact that we're primarily made up of smokers. We know what smokers want. At the same time, we know we aren't immune to mistakes or sometimes failing. That's how we get better. If it isn't good enough for us, it's not good enough for the consumer. We also listen to what our customers tell us; communication is a two-way street and we firmly believe that. For that reason, we're always innovating.
    What needs does blu fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    As we stated above, we give smokers what they love about smoking, while taking away a lot of what they hate. Smokers’ needs are fulfilled in a few ways. First, we take our customers seriously – which is why we offer what we feel is the best customer support in the business. When you call, you are treated like a human being by a customer service team dedicated to blu here in the USA. Second, we take what our customers are telling us seriously. It's hard to listen to the negatives your customers are saying, but we love hearing it because at the end of the day, that's what is going to help push innovation. The leg up on our competition is our relationship with our most important asset: the customer.
    How does blu measure success?
    Success is ever-evolving. Success for us is becoming everything a smoker wants us to be. It's a lofty goal we are always working towards. At some point more smokers will be choosing electronic cigarettes over combustible cigarettes, and we want blu to be the one they reach for.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    As for the industry, it's that every company is the same. It's a bit like the Wild West out there and a lot of the companies say the same things, but have no real oversight or thought behind what they do other than wanting to make a quick buck. For blu, the misconception is that we're just here to make as much money as possible and the smokers don't matter to us. The reality is, smokers drive everything we do, and at the end of the day it's who we work for.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    This was just discussed in the office the other day and actually, the last 5 years has felt more like 20 years. So many things have changed – from technology to acceptance. Since the industry is so young, we can't really make a comparison to 10 years ago... but if you want to compare it to a technology, it's kind of like when smart phones were first introduced compared to what you have today. The concept is the same, but everything else has advanced to become a really awesome industry. Who knows what will change in the next 5 years! We also feel like the industry has started to focus on the category more than the smoker, we have a long way to go before we start focusing on just e-cig consumers.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about blu?
    First, I wish they could meet everyone here at blu and see the passion and love we all have for the brand. Second, that adult smokers’ voices and opinions matter to us. Whether it's talking to us, or educating others about blu. Your voice is the most important asset we have.
    Has blu received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We have received awards and recognition, but what does an award do for a customer? The best recognition we can get is when a customer calls our customer service team or gets on our social media channels and tell us about the amazing experience they have had with blu.
    How has blu grown or evolved?
    Where do we even begin? We started in a small office and now literally made it downtown! That's the true American dream. The coolest part of growing and evolving is that now we can spend the money we make on some really awesome innovation for smokers. To go from just a couple of people in a tiny office to having a state-of-the-art R&D facility in only a few years is incredible to us. The best part is, we aren't finished and there is a lot of work ahead.

blu eCigs Company Information