Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Bought a 2 pack of melon pods. They both leaked everywhere all over the pen and in my mouth. Avoid this product like the plague. They are rubbish. This appears to be a common problem as everyone else on here has complained about the same thing.
I started buying my Blu about mid summer because I enjoy the Juul, and it is pricey! Ok not everything is perfect, as we can all agree, so a pod here or there with a leak, I can overlook. Well, my device was needing to be charged more frequently. I clean it. Been vaping about 4 years now, and so I buy one that was offered at Sheetz for dollar, 99 cents, whatever.
I charged it. It worked ok, but then I remembered my other being brand new, and how it seemed you had a harder pull on it. So I'm putting in brand new pods. They aren't working in the new device, but my old one. The pods begin leaking like crazy, again, maybe a malfunctioned pod. Yes, I'm patient!Well then the pods aren't working in neither one, leaking like crazy, still can't inhale with the new one, then my older one starts hissing, so again I clean it out, like they recommend.
At first I didn't notice because I put them in my pod case, but on my way home from work I can smell something. I and hear a hissing sound. Well thankfully I realized it was my device. The darn thing was so ** hot. I'm lucky it didn't catch my purse on fire! I took the pod out, and needless to say all of the juice was gone, brand new pods a total waste if money that really ticked me off. Um.. .. no I don't want points credited, you jerks could of killed me, so now I'm back with Juul. It's a shame though, that they don't honor their word, and now I'm terrified to even use one ever again. Problem is that I enjoyed the Gold Leaf flavor, and they lasted longer than the Juul. My advice... DONT BUY!
They promote an offer to you for one dollar for the battery (which is usually 29.99 dollars) and once you purchase it they charge you full price!!! Then you call to customer service and they say it's cause you have to create an acct to get this deal? Ok???? I went through the whole process they put you through to get it and I even received an email saying my acct was verified and now all of a sudden I'm charged full price and you cant get a refund until you received the package and return it unopened... they are full of it. It does not direct you to getting an acct made when you click on the tab and it does not say anything about the deal once you're at check out. Now they are making me wait till it is delivered and returned and a 5 to 10 business day wait to get my refund.. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR "BS" like I did. Get a better e cig that doesnt try and con you.
I use the Blu Liquipods, My experience has been like quite a few of the other complaints that I have read. I have quite e few that leak and I have received quite a few that just do not work. I contacted the Company with my concerns and for the 5 that do not work they said that they would give me 400 points which is equivalent to $4.00.These Pods cost $9.99 per pack with 2 in a pack. That is equivalent to $25. CUSTOMERS BEWARE. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. This is one of the biggest ripoffs that I have seen in the vape industry. This company needs to be shut down for ripping off so many customers.
These pods leak every time. They are a waste of money. The liquid leaks from the bottom and top. They fill the electronic device and your mouth. Most have to be thrown away. 9 out of 10 will leak. I have contacted myblu through email and they do not respond. I received an email stating, "We will contact you within 48 hrs." 8 days and a second email later still no response.
- 2,044,836 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I'm on my 3rd disposable Blu eCig. Probably the worst e-cig on the market in my opinion. Every one has leaked. That's hot, stinging, nicotine juice spraying into my mouth and onto my lips every third draw. 10/10 would not recommend. I gave it three goes. From three different retailers. I absolutely will not be purchasing again.
Switched from cigs to eCigs on April 1 2019 to July. Saw all the ads for myblu and decided to try it out. I have only attempted to use 4 pods so far and all 4 have leaked! Am experienced using an e-cig, tried blowing out the leak, no aggressive pulls, keeping the stick upright, etc etc etc. Terrible waste of money on something that just doesn't work. Stained my clothes, my lips, my fingers and everything else.
Blu pods leak. ALWAYS. There isn’t a time that I buy a blu pod and it doesn’t leak. The flavors are great but not when you get a ton of juice leak out almost every other hit. My pick of nicotine would be Juul. I’ve only had a Juul pod leak 1 or 2 times. My next would be Altos. Yet Altos are like Juul and don’t have many options of flavors because the government is dumb and thinks taking away flavored pods will cut down on the use of underage vaping. It doesn’t. Just means more people go online for pods to sell for a higher price to kids desperate for those flavors or kids just get other flavors but the government isn’t the smartest.
My next go to is the blu. And my last choice is Leap pods. Leaps leak a lot. Not as much as blus however. Yet Leaps are always tasting burnt, not hitting well, or just crappy in general. My ratings would go as followed. Juul: 4.5/5. Altos: 3/5. Blu: 1/5. Leaps: 0.5/5. Blu could be really good, price is good, flavors are good. But constantly getting a mouthful of juice is beyond annoying.
I got a defective device, it wouldn't puff after being charged. I called blu but couldn't get a person, so left a message. I also wrote them at their customer service email. Not one person got back with me via phone or email. I tried several times to no avail. They don't care if your device never worked, you are just a dollar sign in their eyes. I can't comment about taste or how many puffs you get because I spent money on a product that never worked. So, I enjoy a Juul instead.
I have used this for a year to date now. Loved it. I stop smoking???? Now the pens I’m buying are defective. Return to Walgreens replaced it and it is defective also!! I’m bummed it really helped. Purchased a pack of cigarettes???? for the first time in a year. I feel awful because it was helping me. I loved the small device!! Now I don’t know what to buy!!
blu eCigs expert review by Benji Waters
A popular US brand selling a two piece disposable cartomizer system. Their products are well presented and distinct with their blue color.
Quality: Pulls easily and good vapor for a disposable
Easy to use: Ready to use straight out of the box
Flavor: Great flavor from Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice
Cartomizer refills: Incompatible to refill with other cartomizer tanks.
Battery length: The battery life does not last long. However, they do include a warranty.
Best for: Occasional users, light users
blu eCigs questions and answers
- What problem is blu trying to solve?
- Smoking has a lot of negatives – but as smokers, we love smoking. We get little moments to ourselves, and often smoke when we have little victories in our lives. The downside to this is the stigma and everything else that comes with smoking. That's what we're trying to solve. We want to give smokers what they love about smoking – without the things they hate. That's a tough problem to solve, but we're up for the task.
- What sets blu apart from the competition?
- The fact that we're primarily made up of smokers. We know what smokers want. At the same time, we know we aren't immune to mistakes or sometimes failing. That's how we get better. If it isn't good enough for us, it's not good enough for the consumer. We also listen to what our customers tell us; communication is a two-way street and we firmly believe that. For that reason, we're always innovating.
- What needs does blu fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- As we stated above, we give smokers what they love about smoking, while taking away a lot of what they hate. Smokers’ needs are fulfilled in a few ways. First, we take our customers seriously – which is why we offer what we feel is the best customer support in the business. When you call, you are treated like a human being by a customer service team dedicated to blu here in the USA. Second, we take what our customers are telling us seriously. It's hard to listen to the negatives your customers are saying, but we love hearing it because at the end of the day, that's what is going to help push innovation. The leg up on our competition is our relationship with our most important asset: the customer.
- How does blu measure success?
- Success is ever-evolving. Success for us is becoming everything a smoker wants us to be. It's a lofty goal we are always working towards. At some point more smokers will be choosing electronic cigarettes over combustible cigarettes, and we want blu to be the one they reach for.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- As for the industry, it's that every company is the same. It's a bit like the Wild West out there and a lot of the companies say the same things, but have no real oversight or thought behind what they do other than wanting to make a quick buck. For blu, the misconception is that we're just here to make as much money as possible and the smokers don't matter to us. The reality is, smokers drive everything we do, and at the end of the day it's who we work for.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- This was just discussed in the office the other day and actually, the last 5 years has felt more like 20 years. So many things have changed – from technology to acceptance. Since the industry is so young, we can't really make a comparison to 10 years ago... but if you want to compare it to a technology, it's kind of like when smart phones were first introduced compared to what you have today. The concept is the same, but everything else has advanced to become a really awesome industry. Who knows what will change in the next 5 years! We also feel like the industry has started to focus on the category more than the smoker, we have a long way to go before we start focusing on just e-cig consumers.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about blu?
- First, I wish they could meet everyone here at blu and see the passion and love we all have for the brand. Second, that adult smokers’ voices and opinions matter to us. Whether it's talking to us, or educating others about blu. Your voice is the most important asset we have.
- Has blu received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- We have received awards and recognition, but what does an award do for a customer? The best recognition we can get is when a customer calls our customer service team or gets on our social media channels and tell us about the amazing experience they have had with blu.
- How has blu grown or evolved?
- Where do we even begin? We started in a small office and now literally made it downtown! That's the true American dream. The coolest part of growing and evolving is that now we can spend the money we make on some really awesome innovation for smokers. To go from just a couple of people in a tiny office to having a state-of-the-art R&D facility in only a few years is incredible to us. The best part is, we aren't finished and there is a lot of work ahead.
blu eCigs Company Information
- Company Name:
- blu eCigs