Narrow down your search with our match tool

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

blu eCigs
1.52/5

blu Cigs

Founded in 2009, Blu e-Cigarettes provides high-quality e-cigarettes and vapor-based devices. Located in North Carolina, Blu eCigs is known for their speedy shipping and top-notch customer service. Ask us about our loyalty program today!

81 blu eCigs Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

My experience with the myBlu has been satisfactory. The product is very small and compact, durable, weighs nothing, yet produces a very satisfying cloud. It is simple to use, just inhale from the mouthpiece. The flavor I like, Tobacco Chill, is very tasty and I like it very much. But I have a problem with blu and it is a deal breaker. The cartridges are very expensive. As far as average pricing for vaping goes, the price is badly overinflated and the product is not significantly higher quality than average. While $15 will supply me with a month's worth of e juice for a normal vape, $15 will only supply me with 2 days of E-Juice cartridges for my myBlu. Good product, but not worth the price. By far.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have had a very good experience with my 15 pound Blu pro eCig. The only criticism I have is the mouthpiece gets black oil stuck in the end which I can clean out with tissue. PS I buy the coke flavor from Poundland and tastes pretty good but smells delish. Totally recommend both. Tried the bubble gum flavor, it's disgusting from Poundland. Please don't buy.

Get expert buying tips about E-Cigarettes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I switched to Blu after trying another brand (Joy). I liked the flavor, ease of use, FREE shipping. auto purchase, helpful customer service, lots of discounts. Prices are low compared to other companies. BUT lately, tanks that used to last a week and a half, are now lasting 2-3 days. There are changes that might have me looking elsewhere even though I like the product.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I used to purchase these quite a lot. I enjoy the taste a lot and they're lightweight, however, smoking at the same rate, the disposables last a day and a half now as opposed to 3 days. It's certainly not worth the money and I'll be switching now.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Mostly, my experiences with Blu have been good. However, they are notorious for censoring most negative reviews at their website. I have had leaking LiquidPods, juice leakage from tanks, and a really bad Disposable. And a few not so pleasant tasting flavors. The last few LiquidPods I have bought from them didn't leak. They improved their Pods. I found that one Pod can last me somewhere close to four days with extremely heavy vaping. And that's great. I've had no problems with their MyBlu devices. I do wish the batteries lasted longer, though. I feel like I have to charge them too often. I wasn't as happy with the BluPlus line. Those tanks have leaked juice on me, never lasted very long, and I ended up switching to MyBlu. I have tried their Pro e-juice liquids and liked those. The chocolate mint is really nice. I would recommend it.

My worst experience with a Blu product was their Disposables. They taste like burnt filter. They are nothing like the other Blu products. I would never recommend them. All I tasted from the Disposable was this toxic burnt filter taste. It was awful. And I would never recommend those. They are made similar to the Plus line, but whatever filter they are using, it's toxic. I'm fine with all their other Blu products, but this one was seriously bad. I got it on sale, so I didn't waste as much money, but I will never buy another of their Disposables. If they find a way to improve them and get the toxic material out of them, I would consider trying one again, but until then, no.

E-juice flavors are always subjective. I have found they might mislabel a flavor and that's where you'll find people hating on it. Blu doesn't usually call a flavor what it really is. Like the Honeymoon flavor is more like a buttered popcorn, and the Tobacco Chill is like a yummy mint chocolate, and the Gold Leaf is actually caramel. I have had a few of their flavors I didn't like, but I would say, I enjoy at least half of the flavors they have.

Overall, I would say I've had mostly positive experiences with Blu and I've been a customer for several years now. They do tend to be a bit more expensive but I like their brand and products. They are easy to use and fun to use. It's just trial and error. Either you'll like them or you won't. And when you do find what you like, stick with those products and you'll be happy.

I have had good experiences with their customer service. The only exception is their continued censorship of negative reviews at their website. If a company feels the need to stop the truth from being told, then they know they have issues. But I have found, they do seem to listen and will try to remove flavors the majority of customers don't like, and they did improve the LiquidPods design a little to try to stop the leaks. They do give reward points and you can often find coupons on the net. Sometimes they will email you a coupon code. I still use their products and I still recommend most of them, even if their continued censorship leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about blu eCigs?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have purchased at least 4-5 e-cigs from Blu of all different styles etc. Every single time I am left disappointed. The fluid leaks, it tastes burnt, burns my lips, or just plain didn't work. I not super bummed about this because they cost a fair price and is not my 'go to' e-cig brand but still--come on guys!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I feel like I've been in an abusive relationship with Blu. This company has what should be a wonderful product: Tastes good, easy to use (when it actually works) but over the past 12 to 18 months that I've used them, about 20% of the pods have leaked like crazy and the battery stick portion that the pods attach to generally have died within two weeks.

I've gotten the runaround from customer service (which online may just be an AI program) making it so difficult to get replacements on the batteries that one really needs to be prepared to spend an hour online going through the process for each one. It seems intentional. They want to dissuade customers from holding them to their "lifetime replacement policy". So, if you're wealthy, you probably won't care but for the rest of us, having to eat the expense given the frequency of malfunctions is painful.

But the pods leaking or malfunctioning; and their policy on the leaking pods is what upsets me the most, and why I'm no longer a customer. They're about $10 for a 2 pack of pods. Knowing how frustrating their customer service is, I usually just eat the loss rather than have to deal with them about the pods. Recently, I started the day with one two-pack of pods. The 1st one leaked, so I tossed it. The second one leaked, so I got out a different battery thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't.

Without a pod I'd have to get through the day with no e-cig. I got online with them and said I needed to figure out how to stop it leaking. During that 30 minutes (they're VERY slow to respond to chat online), following their advice, it had completely leaked out. How they lost me: The best they would offer is 400 points on their site (totaling a $4 discount) as "a courtesy" since, they explained, they're not generally willing to do this "as the pod is a consumable". So, even if you don't get a chance to consume it, and document it with photos, etc., clearly malfunctioning, they just don't care.

Now, most people will read this and think I'm one of those complainers who only comments after a negative experience, but I'm not. I'm more inclined to leave positive reviews for excellent customer service and products. These guys are just over the top bad with customer care and will likely be bankrupt soon if they keep treating their customers like this. As much as I love the flavor of their product, I've lost about $200 to bad pods over the past 6 months, and about $300 on bad devices (battery portion). I spend about $250 -$300 a month supporting this company through buying new devices and pods. It's crazy expensive for an e-cig vs other options but I really liked their Gold Leaf tobacco flavor.

They recently raised their prices by $1.00 per pack on the pods. I'm not sure if they're facing bankruptcy and trying to save the company by doing so or what they're thinking. But that's enough for me to call it quits. Again, my only problem with them is that they don't care. The product was, for me, the best fit after 10 years of vaping.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I’ve been smoking the myblu e cig for a couple months now and it’s not getting any better. I figured I would keep giving it a shot because I do like the flavors but it leaks in your mouth constantly. It also leaks out the bottom causing me to having to clean the inside almost 10 times a day. Would not recommend this product if you’re looking to try something different.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Had multiple pods leak. Customer service isn't helpful and refuse to replace "consumable items" even when the plastic pod package isn't open and e-juice is clearly visible. When I wrote a review explaining exactly this, they "moderated" it and removed it entirely because it didn't meet their guidelines. You wont see bad reviews on their site because they delete them. Spend your money on a more reputable company. Blu is just a disappointment now. I remember years ago when they were much more customer oriented.

Original review: April 6, 2019

So now that JUUL no longer sells flavored pods I went on a search for a cheaper tasteful solution. I went to my local Casey's & purchased a “LEAP” with 2 pods. I then continued to purchase a “myblu” & 2 pods because they had more variety in the pods section. I was excited to open blu & was impressed with the packaging & the vaporizer itself. Not even 2 min into Opening the pods started to leak like crazy!!! I went online to see if I was doing something wrong only to find I’m not the only one with this problem and that customer service are dismissive and non helpful. What a good way to run a business!! Don’t waste your money!!

Original review: March 31, 2019

First impression, wow! But then, and this review is after multiple replacements ***The pods leak like crazy.*** Customer Service will fob you off with 'body temperature from being in pocket' (umm, where else are you going to keep it?) but I suspect it is more to do with barometric pressure as they have emptied out when just left on desk at room temperature ~18-20C. The batteries/charging mechanism fails within weeks. Poor construction. The charging socket at the base becomes loose no matter how careful you are with it. A great product idea but under-engineered and very poorly executed. Overall (sad to say) but this is a FAIL. AVOID! There are similar products out there that maybe cost more initially but will serve you far better. MyBlu = false economies.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have a box full of LiquidPod batteries- more than 20 of them. They quit working after a few weeks or, more recently, NEVER work! I purchased four of them recently (two at Walgreens and two at Blu.com) and only one battery worked. I have spent more than two months trying to get them replaced. The two they have sent me don't work either! And now the recent package of pods I ordered from Blu.com never showed up but they won't do anything about that either! This company and its products are horrible! I have never been more frustrated and upset with a company in my life.

Original review: March 10, 2019

They leak while still in the package...and then they burn out the pen because the liquid drops down into the battery area... I wrote a review on their website (to add to the mostly good reviews) and added these pictures and they actually wrote back and told me it was rejected. "It didn't meet their guidelines.''

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought two refills pods. They both leaked out within three days. I got ahold of customer care. They told me, "Unfortunately we can't do anything about it," and that they don't stand behind their products. Please don't waste your money on them because they leak out.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I'm sooo sorry I didn't read the reviews "BEFORE" I ordered. This cigarette is the worst, it leaks, taste terrible and burns, leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. I bought the starter kit. It was cheap enough, the cig performs just like it's a cheap product. I'll tell you I tried my niece's (she has a Juul, more expensive but well worth it!!) Hope you all read the reviews before you purchase. Also the charger on the Juul is so convenient, you plug the charger in and with a magnet you can keep it there and move around. The blu you are stuck to the charger. What a great feature.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I normally use another brand (Juul) which I love but mine broke! So I stopped at a convenience store and bought a disposable Blu for around $10. Nastiest thing I have ever tried! It stinks and it taste awful. Now reading all these reviews I wish I would’ve read them first. Major thumbs down.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought two of these. Used them for a while, they are built like trash. The pods leak horribly. One battery was super loose with the old in and the other was so tight you had to fight to get it in. This product doesn't even deserve one star. Look elsewhere for a vape. Blu should be ashamed of this garbage product.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought the 1.00 dollar trial kit they offer, it is a terrible product. The ecig itself is no good and the pods are ridiculous expensive and leak out really bad. I wish I could not give them 1 star because this product totally is worthless.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I got my rechargeable Blu marker and the liquid pods are leaky. They get on your mouth and tongue and it burns. I get tired of cleaning it and having to rinse the juice taste from my mouth. Please think of this while purchase a vape pen bc this one is worth the dollar I paid but the liquid pods at $10 a box of two is ridiculous. We sat 4 liquid pods upright overnight and by morning juice was everywhere. Also when I purchased a box of Honeymoon one of the liquid pods was soaking wet in its sealed package. Disappointing. Will be switching as soon as I can afford it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Blu has made me hold for over 30 minutes every time I have to call customer service about my products. The message lies and says 2 mins initial hold time then tells you non stop to continue to hold. The products leak and they set up steps for you to get replacements like sending photos and proof of purchase via email then they don’t process the request on their end after, no confirmation email or replacements in the mail. I’ve waited over 30 days and now I’m calling back and getting the 30+ minute hold tactic they do. This company should be shut down for the way they operate and all the years they’ve ignored the same consumer complaints and done nothing about the quality of products and quality of customer service. Blu can’t get a handle on managing their business and don’t deserve market share anymore. I’ve excused their problems for years and they get worse over time not better.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

The only complaint I have is the liquid that leaks from every single one of their products I have tried. The disposable, the rechargeable e-cig and NOW the MyBlu rechargeable e-cig. What the hell Blu? That ** burns! If you are going to continue releasing "better" versions of your product, MAKE THEM BETTER. Fix the issue that EVERYONE seems to complain about.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Pros: It functions. Flavor. Different nicotine level options. Cons: Liquid pods leak a disgusting taste and burn the tongue and taste buds (Blu claims they don't and that's it's not normal despite MANY testimonials). Some devices/pods are defective and there's no returns or refunds. Bad customer service. Reset password doesn't work on website/email (link sends you in circles and I can't use my points). Price is not very competitive for pods that leak and don't last long. It can be hard to find a Blu seller depending on your location (3 out of 10 7-Elevens carry liquid pods). Contains formaldehyde. I've spent hundreds, and now that I know their competitors have better options, I'm going to be switching. I would have reviewed more stars, but unfortunately Blu denying that they leak at all is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Y’all some ** scam artists and I hope no one is stupid enough “like myself” to use your online store. Before you had my bank card information my cart was 1 pen kit for $1 a promotional you were running but after you had my bank info it was 2 pen kits and 22 something on my card and there was no way to alter or confirm 'cause it was confirmed once you had my banking info. So I turned around and canceled immediately the order. Trust me it was immediately 'cause I talked to Levar your customer service manager and he told me to order and cancelation was about 20 min. Well within your 1 hour and got an email saying someone will be contacting me within 24-48 hrs. Well check your own records 'cause no one called me.

I called 3 times before I could reach someone in customer service. Then I was informed that there was nothing they could do because the order had been processed... WTF. You mean it’s processed. It was Sunday that the order was placed and canceled. You aren’t opened 'cause I called!! Then was told that I would have to wait till I received the items (even the one “I” never ordered) then to return the items wait for you to process the return then on top of that I’m going to have to wait for my bank to process 3-5 days for something “I” didn’t order!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I tried to answer a ? about refilling the pods which you CAN do after they lied and said you can't. I called and asked why they won't post my reply and he said they won't tell people they can refill them and won't post my reply. They won't give me my credit for referral. They charged my acct for another referral I made and won't send the eCig but I had to call to get the refund. What a bunch of crooks. Go to YOUTUBE. They show you how to refill them!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I tried MyBlu because I found a $1 trial in a local store. I decided to order replacement pods on their website. The first two orders (signature required) arrived on time. My most recent order was suppose to be delivered via UPS between 9 am-12:45 pm. The delivery time was changed four times on that day and my order finally arrived at 8:30 pm. I took the morning off from work, changed an afternoon appointment, then had to call someone to wait for me while I ran an errand early evening. UPS didn't care; more importantly, Blu never responded to my email inquiry. Switched to an ecigarette company that has reasonable delivery options and a better product. The MyBlu product is mediocre; their customer service and delivery is horrendous. Don't give up twelve hours waiting for a delivery that was suppose to arrive 8 hours prior - the product is not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I first tried Blu E-Cigs back in 2010 and I was pleased with their product although their E-Cig delivery system was less than reliable. Recently I decided to quit real cigs for health reasons and so I ordered the "New" product. After 10 days of waiting I contacted the company and inquired. I explained my need as I was a smoker for 45 years. They apologized for my "inconvenience", which only proves to me they have No understanding about smokers. They explained that I could buy the product in vape stores but can't tell me which ones or where?

Thanks Blu. You might have the best product in the world but I'll never know because you can't ship it to me and it's otherwise unavailable(?). If mine ever arrives I will immediately return it. BTW - I did pick up a JUUL e-cig while I was waiting and, this marks the first tobacco free 10 days I've had in 45 years - wow. I sincerely hope that Blu goes out of business ASAP so other customers do not have to be fooled, lied to, or whatever they're doing over there.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Blu eCigs have gone way downhill in the past year or so. I used to order from their website until last time when they neither delivered my package nor would they offer a refund. They gave me some runaround about how the postal service wouldn't allow them to reship the merchandise I bought and paid for, which doesn't even make sense. In the past few months I've noticed that not only do the cartridges not last very long, but a pack of three will usually contain at least one dud. They're fairly expensive compared to similar products, so this is unacceptable. I switched to Logic - it's a much better e-cig and value.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've been using the myblu e-cig for about a month now after my moment me 4. Starter kits due coming across a $1 promotion. About two weeks ago I began getting insane headaches which now thanks to that article I can link to the Blu e-cig. I've had an even more worrying and honestly painful effect arise that my fiance associated with this e-cig after multiple associates have previously express same side effect. I noticed about a week ago that my teeth were suddenly becoming painfully achy and when having my fiance look to see if we should stress sending me to a dentist he noticed that my gums in the back look irritated leaning towards potentially infected.

Now this has had me in a panic because I have great dental hygiene, good teeth and have NEVER had any symptoms like this before. I disregarded the warning given to me, kept smoking Blu, unintentionally/unaware of increased Blu use which leads me to today's extremely painful/overwhelming stressful dilemma. Yesterday I woke up feeling extreme discomfort in my teeth and gums throughout my whole mouth, upon further looking it looks like I either have blisters on my gums or somehow overnight they became infected. I have been using at home remedies and treatments due to the ridiculous unaffordable cost of seeking a dentist help and today I am in so much pain it's enough to wish I'd just die already. I have no previous history of anything like this before, until pointed out by my fiance. I never would have linked these symptoms to Blu and been even more puzzled.

Writing this I am in tears due to the pain, extreme discomfort and overwhelming stress it's causing. I cannot afford an emergency visit right now to either an emergency room and or a dentist and am suffering severely. I'm mid anxiety/panic attack over my health, my teeth and my mouths health while feeling helpless that dental work is just outta my price range budget and ridiculously unaffordable. I warn everyone DO NOT USE ANY BLU E-CIG DEVICE, JUICE OR PRODUCT for you may also end up in my predicament.

I can only pray and use natural at home remedies. I hopes of causing this potentially mysterious infection to dissolve and not cause a slow process death like my deceased friend Tori. Tori passed away after having a wisdom tooth removed which became infected, infection spread to her brain which left her in a vegetative state for approx 3 month before the decision was made to pull her off life support. Tori used Blu as well, Tori passed away a year ago leaving behind a two year old son and a wonderful ACTIVE navy member husband.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Purchase my blu from gas station doing a promotion for$1 for the kit. Cartridge does not click into place and oil seeps on to your lips. Super gross! Took back to station and received a new cartridge. It fit better but oil still seeps out. I think product is very cheap.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased the rechargeable vape just yesterday in hopes of cutting down on smoking. The liquid leaks onto my lips causing a burning sensation and a horrible taste left there. I'm very disappointed and wasted money I didn't have to spend.

blu eCigs expert review by Benji Waters

A popular US brand selling a two piece disposable cartomizer system. Their products are well presented and distinct with their blue color.

• Quality: Pulls easily and good vapor for a disposable

• Easy to use: Ready to use straight out of the box

• Flavor: Great flavor from Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice

• Cartomizer refills: Incompatible to refill with other cartomizer tanks.

• Battery length: The battery life does not last long. However, they do include a warranty.

• Best for: Occasional users, light users

Profile picture of Benji Waters
Benji Waters E-cigarettes Contributing Editor

Benji Waters has been working in the electronic cigarette industry for over 3 years. He is a well known blogger on What E Cigarette? and Electronic Cigarette UK and regularly consults with suppliers and manufacturers on current products and future technology.

blu eCigs questions and answers

What problem is blu trying to solve?
Smoking has a lot of negatives – but as smokers, we love smoking. We get little moments to ourselves, and often smoke when we have little victories in our lives. The downside to this is the stigma and everything else that comes with smoking. That's what we're trying to solve. We want to give smokers what they love about smoking – without the things they hate. That's a tough problem to solve, but we're up for the task.
What sets blu apart from the competition?
The fact that we're primarily made up of smokers. We know what smokers want. At the same time, we know we aren't immune to mistakes or sometimes failing. That's how we get better. If it isn't good enough for us, it's not good enough for the consumer. We also listen to what our customers tell us; communication is a two-way street and we firmly believe that. For that reason, we're always innovating.
What needs does blu fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
As we stated above, we give smokers what they love about smoking, while taking away a lot of what they hate. Smokers’ needs are fulfilled in a few ways. First, we take our customers seriously – which is why we offer what we feel is the best customer support in the business. When you call, you are treated like a human being by a customer service team dedicated to blu here in the USA. Second, we take what our customers are telling us seriously. It's hard to listen to the negatives your customers are saying, but we love hearing it because at the end of the day, that's what is going to help push innovation. The leg up on our competition is our relationship with our most important asset: the customer.
How does blu measure success?
Success is ever-evolving. Success for us is becoming everything a smoker wants us to be. It's a lofty goal we are always working towards. At some point more smokers will be choosing electronic cigarettes over combustible cigarettes, and we want blu to be the one they reach for.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
As for the industry, it's that every company is the same. It's a bit like the Wild West out there and a lot of the companies say the same things, but have no real oversight or thought behind what they do other than wanting to make a quick buck. For blu, the misconception is that we're just here to make as much money as possible and the smokers don't matter to us. The reality is, smokers drive everything we do, and at the end of the day it's who we work for.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
This was just discussed in the office the other day and actually, the last 5 years has felt more like 20 years. So many things have changed – from technology to acceptance. Since the industry is so young, we can't really make a comparison to 10 years ago... but if you want to compare it to a technology, it's kind of like when smart phones were first introduced compared to what you have today. The concept is the same, but everything else has advanced to become a really awesome industry. Who knows what will change in the next 5 years! We also feel like the industry has started to focus on the category more than the smoker, we have a long way to go before we start focusing on just e-cig consumers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about blu?
First, I wish they could meet everyone here at blu and see the passion and love we all have for the brand. Second, that adult smokers’ voices and opinions matter to us. Whether it's talking to us, or educating others about blu. Your voice is the most important asset we have.
Has blu received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We have received awards and recognition, but what does an award do for a customer? The best recognition we can get is when a customer calls our customer service team or gets on our social media channels and tell us about the amazing experience they have had with blu.
How has blu grown or evolved?
Where do we even begin? We started in a small office and now literally made it downtown! That's the true American dream. The coolest part of growing and evolving is that now we can spend the money we make on some really awesome innovation for smokers. To go from just a couple of people in a tiny office to having a state-of-the-art R&D facility in only a few years is incredible to us. The best part is, we aren't finished and there is a lot of work ahead.

blu eCigs Company Information