2. E-Cigarettes

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Blu sells three vaping devices, the myblu Device, the blu PLUS+ Xpress Kit and the blu Disposable. Each comes with four to six flavors and a nicotine strength of up to 4%. The myblu Device and blu PLUS+ Xpress Kit are rechargeable, and the myblu Device comes with a lifetime warranty. blu also offers electronic cigarette and vape accessories, including battery chargers.

BOTTOM LINE

Blu offers a hassle-free, mess-free vaping experience with pre-loaded tanks and liquidpods. Blu e-cigs and vape devices are only compatible with proprietary blu flavor cartridges.

PROS
  • Limited lifetime warranty on device
  • 0% nicotine flavors available
  • Free shipping on all orders
  • Rewards program
CONS
  • Proprietary flavor cartridges
  • Health risks
  • No warranty on e-cig

What is Blu Cig?

Blu products are designed for convenience — you don’t need to refill the flavor cartridges. Both the vape device and e-cig have easily reloadable one-use cartridges that click or screw in. Blu offers a limited lifetime warranty on the vape device if you register your device on the website. Products are shipped for free.

Blu products are sold online or can be purchased at select retailers. You can purchase an e-cig Blu PLUS+ Xpress kit that comes with a USB charger, e-cig and one pre-loaded Blu PLUS+ tank. You can also purchase the e-cig by itself.

The e-cig is only compatible with Blu PLUS+ tanks, and the battery lasts about half a day. Refill the e-cig by unscrewing the tank and screwing in another preloaded one. The tanks cannot be refilled manually. You can order additional flavor tanks separately in packs of three.

The rechargeable myBlu vape device takes prefilled liquid pods. It comes with a USB charger . Load the device by changing out the pod and replacing it with one click. You can purchase a myBlu starter kit that includes the vape device, one flavor pod and a USB charger. The device comes fully charged so you can begin using it right away.

The third option, the disposable e-cig, comes fully charged and assembled, ready to use, in five flavors. No charging or filling is required. It is equivalent to about two packs of cigarettes. Dispose of it when you’re finished.

USB chargers for the e-cig and vape devices can plug in to a computer, and wall plug-in USB chargers for the e-cig are sold separately. Sign up for autoship to save 10%. You can also sign up for the rewards program to collect and redeem points. Points can be combined with discounts.

Blu prices

The blu disposable e-cig is $7.99, and the myblu Device is $9.99. The blu e-cig PLUS+ Xpress kit is $11.99, and the blu PLUS+ cig-a-like device is $8.94 when purchased by itself.

Tanks for the rechargeable e-cig are sold in three-packs for $14.99. Liquid pod refills for the vape device are $9.99 for two. The company’s e-cig wall charger is $9.95. Blu provides free shipping on all orders.

Blu E-Cig FAQ

How long does a blu cig last?
    The blu e-cig battery lasts half a day after a full charge.
    What is in blu cig cartridges?
    Blu e-cig cartridges contain 0% to 2.4% nicotine and flavored ingredients enhanced by propylene glycol. A full list of ingredients and nicotine levels is located on the back of product packaging.
    How do I know when a disposable blu cig is empty?
    When the amount of vapor declines with each puff, the disposable e-cig is ready to throw away. The blue light at the tip will no longer illuminate.

Are Blu cigs good?

Blu offers no-hassle options for e-cigs, disposable e-cigs and vape devices. While the e-cig is only compatible with blu screw-in tanks, it comes prefilled so there is no refilling. For vapers who want a no-mess system, the vape device is also easy to reload with prefilled pods that click into place. For smokers and vapers who want the experience without the nicotine, blu offers nicotine-free flavor options. Blu devices are only compatible with the company’s proprietary flavor tanks and liquid pods, but all products ship for free and the company offers a rewards program so you can earn points that apply towards your purchases.

blu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about blu?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about blu?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

BLU had an advertised promotional offer, buy one device get one free plus free shipping by entering SAVEBIG promo code. I accessed the order form via a direct link from the advertisement. I purchased the required device, entered the promo code and paid for the device. They did not include the free device in my order. I contacted them via email and they replied stating I had to manually change the quantity from their preset of 1 device to a quantity of 2 devices to include the free device, which wasn't stated anywhere. Though, the liability of processing issues falls on them and they are legally obligated to furnish the missing device at their own expense, they refused to do so. Therefore, They did not honor their advertised offer which is legally false advertising and fraud both.

I'm sure I am not the only one who assumed their order form would be preset for the promotional offer that led me to it and that their system would recognize conflict's that result in failure to honor their advertised promotional offers. I honestly feel it was a scam & desperate attempt to coax consumers into buying their pod devices which are only accessible online via their website as they aren't carried at local retailers. They will be out of business soon due lack of integrity and failing to stand behind their products.. They had a legal obligation and failed. Avoid doing business with BLU. It's obvious from the reviews here that you are more likely to be scammed than to receive what you purchased.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I bought a Blu e-cigarette recently and it didn't work. I contacted the company they told me to send them an email stating my problem. I did that about 3 days later I received a email stating they do not warranty the disposable e-cigarette. It was faulty and never worked at all I was really disappointed that a company wouldn't

stand behind their product. The e-cigarettes aren't cheap $10.49 plus tax. If I were a consumer looking for a disposable e-cigarette I would look elsewhere. There are a lot of companies that sell them and stand behind their product. Sadly they keep making them and the consumer is paying the price and taking the loss. Buyers beware.

Get buying tips about E-Cigarettes delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I quit smoking, but still crave my nicotine. I used to use the blu cigalike with the tanks, but they leaked and didn't last long or just began to taste bad before they should have been empty. So, I gave the device a try and it seemed to be a good fit for me. BUT- as many have stated here before me, the pods only work about half the time, which means that you're paying $10 for maybe one that will work. I've had it this time and am looking for another company to supply my products. I like them, unto one wants to throw their money away and that's what I feel I've been doing with blu. So sayonara, blu. Find someone else to screw.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have been using the Myblu vape device for several months now. I purchased two devices to replace two Juul devices that had stopped working. At first, the devices worked as they should. The battery lasted much longer than the Juul's, the pods were larger and lasted longer, and I preferred the charging cable to the one provided by Juul. However, based on my purchase experiences, about two thirds of the pods do not work. I tried cleaning the contacts on the devices and the pods, tried both devices with each defective pod, lifted the prongs on the ends of the pods, everything I could think of to correct the issue, but to no avail. Many of them ended up in the trash. In a couple of instances, the fluid had leaked out of the pods into the packaging before they were even opened. Some of the pods leaked while in use. Bottom line, the devices seem to work as they should, but the pods do not.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Buyer beware. These phones are not hearing aid compatible. The company does not state this in their brochures and will not accept return of the phone. I spent time with my audiologist and the aid manufacturer to learn the products are not hearing aid compatible. Phoned company and was given a bogus fix that did not work, sent two emails to service that were not responded to then after a long double talk from a representative on my last call was switched to a supervisor who then finally tells me the phones are not hearing aid compatible. but has no remedy for me financially. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Updated on 09/19/2020: While still not satisfied I wrote a review about customer service. They did reach out to me about the batteries I was having issues with, sent in POP as asked for 4 batteries. They finally over 5-6 weeks sent me 2 and now are saying I only sent receipts for two. I sent them the second receipt again. I purchase a lot (really too much) product weekly at retail stores locally every week in liquid pod refills. Some leak but I understand sometimes that could happen. But only 3 of 10 batteries last over a 7-10 period in more cases than not but their policy is only 3 returns through warranty per year and you have to have the original proof of purchase. They understand. I am sure most people do not keep the box for them that long and if they did keep the receipts they would have faded beyond being readable. I hope to be able to update this review very soon as a satisfied customer or I will update accordingly and switch products and move on to a different provider..

Original Review: I have been a Blu customer almost from the time you launched this product. The batteries are horrible compared to competitors and was told 2 years ago they were being worked on to last longer. I have a pile of them. Some lasted a good while and others that didn't make it through two liquid pods. I got in touch finally with customer service who sent me a email with ways to troubleshoot which was cleaning and bending the contacts on the pods themselves outward a bit to help make better contact. I just bought four batteries over the past three months. None still work nor did they last 2-3 weeks..

I contacted the warranty department to be told by email I could only have 3 per year replaced.. 3 out of 10 might work a reasonable amount of time.. Then you have to have proof of purchase, register it online and hoops to jump through to return a product that is faulty. I know I am not the only one with this complaint. I have referred others that have switched and moved on already for the same reason. I purchase 10 packs of two liquid pods per week as others in my household use them as well.. Is this the way retail customers are going to be treated? I am gonna try to go up the chain of command first and if I get no help I will switch back to my old products myself. The pods leak and the batteries are trash!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I have contacted customer service by phone and by email. They send me a Email telling me it's not their problem. It's their pods that are their product that is not working. I have bought several of them and they are not cheap and they will not work the time I open them. If this is how they do customer service I think someone needs to get ahold of Someone that can do something about their product. Their products sucks. Customer service sucks!!!! Do not buy this product unless you just want to throw your money away but you better believe I will be letting every gas station I go to know that they suck and I will be contacting the stores that sell them and letting them know that their customer service does nothing. I have talk to one manager and she was not very happy and does not want to sell the product anymore. I will be sending the email they sent me to all the corporate stores that sell this product

Original review: May 16, 2020

I am writing this review because I have been trying to get in contact with this Blu company for the last month..I have an ongoing legal issue with them involving a Blu vape pen that after one use for one day gave me severe bacterial pneumonia a d damaged my lungs. I informed them of my situation months before it was national news that vapes can harm users.

They at first tried to tell me I was basically crazy and that they never heard of it happening. Then a few months later it broke all over the country. Now months later they said they wanted to settle with me for my Injury. I sent them a complete packet of my doctor bills and lost wages due to being sick for months. I haven't heard a word back from them now again, they like to ignore you once you finally approach them with real information. I've tried calling emails everything. They did this to me when I first had my Injury for 6 months. If they do not respond to me in a month, I will be going ahead with my lawsuit. If anyone else was injured as well feel free to post on here and we can file together. Juul has already been filed lawsuits, Blu is next if they do not handle their problems professionally.

Original review: May 5, 2020

You can't get them on the phone and the website sucks.. I sent in 3 batteries that did not work before guarantee had expired.. So far nothing.. When I try to enter code for discount or special offer nothing happens..

Original review: March 2, 2020

Worst product on the market. Do not waste your money. More than half of the pods don't work. I buy the refills and most of the time either 1 of the 2 pods or both do not work. This product is garbage and should be discontinued.

blu Company Information