4.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2017

32 Xerox DocuMate Scanners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like that it’s a simple machine. Everything you need is at the tips of your fingers and it functions the way I need it to. Though sometimes with all new things it has bugs and doesn’t want to listen. Though all in all it's a good machine. I just wish it would function on its own. That way it’s not all me. Setting this up was simple. You take it out of box, follow the instructions as it instruct and vows your uncle it’s working. But you have to do as it says. Otherwise you’re sitting for hours on the phone trying to figure it out. It’s more you have to read to get it done right. The screen is okay though I think the glass has issues. It’s hard to get a clear picture at times. It tends to brighten itself more than necessary at times. Where the words might as well not exist. Then again this is something that could simply happen to anyone and the coloring can also be off.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I could set it up easily and use it without asking questions so it has to be easy to use. Just put the paper in and scan or copy. I like that it holds up well and prints quickly and the ink lasts a long time. It was not too expensive either. However, I would like it to scan more than one page at a time. It would make scanning way easier if I could put multiple pages in at once and it would pull them through without me having to switch the page each time. Also, technical support isn't too bad except when they troubleshoot the same thing a million times.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was very happy with this scanner. It was fairly simple for me to set up. I just followed directions and it was very easy for me. I do wish the size was a bit smaller and maybe it would improve on the noise level as well. Overall Xerox has been a trusted brand for such a very long time and they provide devices to huge corporations as well as everyday people. I feel confident that I can trust this brand to deliver the very best of what I am looking for. That's a brand you can trust with your needs.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The scanner produces very high-quality reproductions, which is critically important for my business as well as personal scanning needs. The unit is also easy to use. I enjoy having this resource for convenient at-home use. The set-up process was not too complicated and, indeed, was much easier than I was anticipating. The instructions were very easy to follow. Set-up was relatively quick and hassle-free. However, the document scanner is quite heavy and awkward. Thus, it is not convenient to move it from its original installation location. Although I have wanted to use the scanner in a different room, I have not done so because it is so clunky.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Xerox DocuMate was easy to install program, plugged into computer and started to run set-up right away. It was on sale when we purchased it. Easy to use, could select multiple copies. I liked that it had a flip top lid to place paper on top of glass to make copies and scanned documents. However, the unit is very large in size and took up a lot of desk space and it was very loud. I stopped using it a while ago because it was getting difficult to import images to computer. It would get streaks after it would scan something or when printing copied documents. I would have liked it to not make a line on the edge of a sheet. It met my needs for a while but not anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox DocuMate Scanners?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Modern, functional, reliable, convenient, workable, reputable. Universal sleek design and manageable. A pleasant experience. It is pretty simple to set up. It just requires five small steps and can be easily explained to others. But with technology now large document scanners aren't even necessary. Also, I don't like parts of the design. I also don't like the fact that they are so expensive and not able to be transported. They also aren't modern and can be difficult to fix.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

There are directions that come with it and it was pretty self explanatory. If you follow the directions, you should have no problems setting it up. I like how easy it is to use. The Xerox scanner is amazing. I love how it copies documents exactly how I want them to. It is really simple and it was pretty affordable. But I have to plug it in to the wall.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Xerox DocuMate Scanner was easy to use and set up and has allowed me to do away with my fax machine and is much smaller and with so much less noise. I have no complaints about my scanner, it works, and I have had it for over a year. It would be nice if it came in designer options so it was nice to look at also. I plugged it and use the cd to install the program and it took 10 minutes. I like that it has many easy to use features and I was able to quick scan documents to fax or just to save to cut down on paper storage. It helps me cut down on space and works when I need it and I had zero compatibility problems.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The process of setting up the machine was simple--just downloading software and plugging it in. It meets all my scanning needs. You could scan to multiple devices (like a USB drive), and there were no blurry lines around the edges. They’re clean, accurate copies and all of my documents were scanned accurately and easily transferred to other devices. But the machine itself was slightly bulky, and it dominates the desk space in a standard office. Not as important, but the machine is also a little loud, not great for use in a quiet office.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Scanning documents saves on costs over paper. You can also scanned in color, black and white, pdf, jpeg, etc. The rich settings gives you endless possibilities. To summarize, the setup is easy on the network, the device will save you money and the support is great from Xerox. Furthermore, it has a search and find feature which makes it very handy to search for words instead of scrolling to look for the words. It does meet the need to have documents scanned and retrieve. Before, we would have boxes of documents and when we need to look, we spent hours looking for the year and the proper documents to be looked at. What makes it worse for us, if we don't recall the document's title, but only the phrase or word such as a client's name or a phone number associated with the documents.

Once all the hardware are taken out of packaging, you need to connect Xerox to the network. Make sure you have the network information needed. It is easy to setup if you have the information for the network. In my experience, this was very difficult for me because of my lack of knowledge calling my own IT staff to assist. I do wish for a wizard to be added for ease of deployment. If not that, then have software within Xerox to detect the settings and populate the information which you can edit or delete and modify to meet your need. This would be helpful because trying to gather network settings and be dependent on other people to provide you takes its effort. I would also like some tutorial videos online from Xerox on setup. It took days because the proper staffs were not ready to implement. But Xerox goes beyond your expectation. Make sure you get the model that fits your business because there is a lot to chose from.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I liked how easy it was to load documents to be scanned very quickly and then sending those documents to other platforms easily through the wireless network function. I wish it could handle more documents at one time than the current limits allow me to do in one session at one time when I am at home or at the office.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I had help from my brother when setting up my Xerox DocuMate Scanner, so the process was quite quick and easy. There were only a few parts where we really needed the manual. It was simple enough to use and could do everything and more than the other brands could. I really enjoyed how quickly and accurately everything scanned. Nothing I didn't like, except maybe the price.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

A simple execution - This scanner is a multi functioning model and accepts document up to 11x14 inches. It is quite simple to use. Put the document on the glass bed and then select scan document, it comes up on the pc screen and then can be saved and scanned all at the same time. I would prefer it if the scanner could feed the document faster instead of placing each document on the glass bed. Also larger documents must be tiled in order to scan the documents.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Scans very quickly. It came with all of my necessary cords so I wouldn't have to buy any additions. I also liked that it was very easy to set up, even for someone like myself who's not that great with electronics. It came with a disc but everything was pretty self-explanatory. It met my expectations and within five minutes, I was using my scanner with no problems. I do wish the scanner was a bit smaller and the Xerox I got could have been cheaper especially considering how much cheaper some of the other brands were.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

It is easy to use and set up as it does not take a very long time. The directions were very clear and easy to follow which makes setting up the scanner a breeze. The layout is nice and it is also durable. It has exceeded my expectations. I’d change how much it costs for the ink cartridge and toner. If you are scanning a lot of stuff like I have to for work in order to make copies, it can really add up. It would be nicer to have these products more readily available as well because I have a hard time finding them for an older model.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The features I like about this brand is that it has new features I want on a scanner. With other brands, they always have the older features that I do not want. The thing that I think that could improve with my scanner is the functionality. The problem with the one I have is that the connectivity on it can be kinda funky. The setup of this scanner is rather simple than most of the scanners I have seen on the market. All you have to do is connect it into a wall, and it will connect to any PC you chose to connect it to.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My husband and I owned a Xerox DocuMate scanner for around 2 years before we moved on to a new model. It was quick and efficient, was always able to get done what I needed it to, when I needed it to. It's fairly simple to set up and met my needs. But the scanner has a hard time connecting with computer. It constantly lost connections when we would start up the computer. Their customer service was not very helpful in solving our problem. We had very long hold times and a very hard time talking to a real person.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is quick and is good for large jobs that involve multiple pages. It is also the ideal brand for professional use and can do many things in a short period of time. It is easy to use and exceeds my expectations once set up. It is large and difficult to set up however the customer service is very helpful whenever I had questions. I was overwhelmed at first but I would definitely buy again if given the chance. Overall it is a good product.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The process of setting it up was very easy. All I had to do was simply insert the disc into my hard drive and follow the directions. I really had no problems at all with it. I liked the fact that it was an all in one copier scanner fax etc. I liked that it was very easy to use and never gave me any problems. It did not cost me a fortune and also it didn't take up a lot of space. However, I didn't like the fact that sometimes it didn't scan as big as I would have liked it too. It was especially difficult when it came time to scan my anatomy homework and needed to be able to see pictures very close and personal.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Quick and efficient scanning and the quality of the scan is excellent. Every time I scan, the design is sleek and the product is perfect for a professional or personal setting. Set up and the instructions were easy to follow and thoroughly explained. The product runs smoothly every time I use it to scan. I am completely satisfied with the Xerox DocuMate and would recommend it to others.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

It copies really fast and has a feature where you can do big jobs and print on both sides. It also has two 500 sheet paper trays and it is a great product for my business. However, they could improve the price or continuing discounts for paper or businesses that continue to use this printer even though there are newer models that come out. There could also be updates. Overall it is not hard to set up. I used the directions that it came with which were relatively simple but then I got confused and watched a couple of YouTube videos and that helped me to finish setting it up.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The scanner is simple and easy to use. The setup was relatively easy. Compatible with Windows and Mac computers. The device is small and easy to fit on desk with other equipment. It is quick and takes clear high quality scans. It would be helpful if the scanner was wireless to reduce clutter on desk or office space and it can only be activated to scan from computer. It would be easy if a scan could be initiated from the device as well to increase use of the device.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

At home access and quality images that are quickly printed. It's a popular product and very reliable. Features are easily accessed and very simple. Set up instructions are easily understood and the buttons are too as well. Buy this product and you will be satisfied and will not regret your purchase. I recommend this Xerox scanner especially because the reviews online and helpful information from customer service. Easy instructions for problem-solving. There is easy to find stores that carry this popular product. The only thing is that its not multi-functional. I would improve this popular product by adding up to date app compatibility and attachment ready for online internet access. They need to add more options like design techniques.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

There was a color and black and white setting, saved to an easily accessible folder on my desktop. It was not bulky and fit very well in the space I provided. It was kind of slow and one of the ports just stopped working one day. The customer service wasn't terribly helpful. It did make a really loud noise if it was too warm. It has very simple turn on button, choose color setting, and scan as long as your computer was turned on. It wasn't very high tech but worked well for what I needed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

High definition scanning capabilities, multi-color functions and all kinds of bells and whistles. You wouldn't believe the things it could do. The process of setting this document scanner up was quite tedious and I didn't care for it one bit. I didn't like the fact that the machine was not plug and play and I had to constantly hunt down drivers on the internet. Drivers were near impossible to find. I finally had to contact the manufacturer for a refund. If only they made something more useful. I would recommend not selling or buying this machine as it is a pile of useless junk I use as a paperweight now.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Setting up the document scanner is super easy. It meets my needs and expectations. The instructions are very clear and easy to read. You put the paper in, press a button and it does whatever you want. I like that it's easy to use and simple to print, scan and copy documents. The color and the black and white features are great too. Xerox is a great well known product that billions of businesses use. Xerox is one of the best document scanners. I would make the machine faster. I have one in my house. It is fun to use also. The price is a little high but it's worth every penny because it gets the job done. I can't think of a better document scanner.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Setting up the document scanner was difficult. It took me about 1 to 2 weeks to set it up. The instructions seemed difficult for me. I had to look up all sorts of different videos on this and I had called for help about five times. But one thing that I like about it is that it is great for small or big projects. Some scanners Javier printers too. I don't like that it has a lot of paper jams and one thing that would be nice to make an addition to the scanner would be a shredder. But it is a great scanner and it also lasts a while.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Xerox DocuMate Scanners is one of the most efficient and easy to use that exists in the current market in addition to being one of the preferred by most users for its excellent reputation. Fully recommended. The process of configuration and its use is quite simple. Meets a great majority of the needs and expectations of users which makes this brand one of the favorite of the majority when choosing a scanner in the market. But one of the things that would improve this brand is the price with it presents in the market since it is not accessible to all the public that needs its services and limits the purchase of many users.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I am in love with the Xerox machine. It is both simple and complicated. It comes with a lot instructions but you do not have to be a rocket scientist. It does meet my needs and expectations. I appreciate the 100% great quality scanner for not so much money. I like the fact that the scan comes out as clear as day and I would like to buy multiple in order for everyone in my family to be able to use this. But sometimes it is not as fast as those scanners that I have used at public libraries and a picture may become distorted that you will not be able to see it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I scan all my 16 specialists papers of my labs, MRIs, CATs, PETs. I use scanner daily to copy & recopy then to send to multiple dr. due to multiple health issues. Letters are always spelled & written great. No mistakes; papers are really great also. Xerox scanner copies, spells - I have no problems with scanner or any other products. But maybe lower price a little. Price is actually pretty good value its satisfaction in couple words.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners expert review by Liz Masoner

Xerox basically started the office equipment industry. Their name is synonymous with copying paper. However, they have struggled to stay in the forefront of consumer minds as other companies entered the industry. Although the DocuMate line offers a good range of models, Xerox advertising is geared more towards larger offices rather than individual consumers, and their market share suffers on the lower end side of the model range as a result.

• Experience: Xerox products have over 50 years of practical design experience behind them.

• Quality: Xerox products, in general, are designed to stand up to rigorous use and are by no means fragile.

• Price: Xerox tends to have a steeper entry point price than other brands.

• Parts availability: Because Xerox focuses mostly on large businesses, it is often difficult to find Xerox products at your local office supply store.

• Best for: Home office, Small office

Profile picture of Liz Masoner
Liz Masoner

Document Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners Company Information