3.91/5

32 Xerox DocuMate Scanners Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I had been a loyal customer for years. We have over 10 high end copiers. We discontinued use. No one machine and missed telling them not to return monthly maintenance agreement by one monthly invoice. We tried to cancel but they wanted to charge 90% of the contact to cancel. I didn’t mind paying for the month we forgot. They can tell from the clicks that the machine hadn’t been used for over 6 months. They shouldn’t auto renew machines that are obviously not in use. But if they do, they should allow cancellation at the end of current month.

After several years, these contracts should be month to month, not year to year. I will never have another Xerox. Service is poor also as we’ve had machines inoperable for weeks at a time and get no credit for them waiting on parts. Our contracts will expire in about 2 years and we’ll go to Canon or another company, but never again Xerox. Their loss, not ours. This is why they are losing money and market share. Poor management and simply don’t care for their customers after the sale. RIP XEROX!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like that it’s a simple machine. Everything you need is at the tips of your fingers and it functions the way I need it to. Though sometimes with all new things it has bugs and doesn’t want to listen. Though all in all it's a good machine. I just wish it would function on its own. That way it’s not all me. Setting this up was simple. You take it out of box, follow the instructions as it instruct and vows your uncle it’s working. But you have to do as it says. Otherwise you’re sitting for hours on the phone trying to figure it out. It’s more you have to read to get it done right. The screen is okay though I think the glass has issues. It’s hard to get a clear picture at times. It tends to brighten itself more than necessary at times. Where the words might as well not exist. Then again this is something that could simply happen to anyone and the coloring can also be off.

Get expert buying tips about Document Scanners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I could set it up easily and use it without asking questions. Just put the paper in and scan or copy. I like that it holds up well and prints quickly and the ink lasts a long time. It was not too expensive either. However, I would like it to scan more than one page at a time. It would make scanning way easier if I could put multiple pages in at once and it would pull them through without me having to switch the page each time. Also, technical support isn't too bad except when they troubleshoot the same thing a million times.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was very happy with this scanner. It was fairly simple for me to set up. I just followed directions and it was very easy for me. I do wish the size was a bit smaller and maybe it would improve on the noise level as well. Overall Xerox has been a trusted brand for such a very long time and they provide devices to huge corporations as well as everyday people. I feel confident that I can trust this brand to deliver the very best of what I am looking for. That's a brand you can trust with your needs.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The scanner produces very high-quality reproductions, which is critically important for my business as well as personal scanning needs. The unit is also easy to use. I enjoy having this resource for convenient at-home use. The set-up process was not too complicated and, indeed, was much easier than I was anticipating. The instructions were very easy to follow. Set-up was relatively quick and hassle-free. However, the document scanner is quite heavy and awkward. Thus, it is not convenient to move it from its original installation location. Although I have wanted to use the scanner in a different room, I have not done so because it is so clunky.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox DocuMate Scanners?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Xerox DocuMate was on sale when we purchased it. It was easy to install program, plugged into computer and started to run set-up right away. It's easy to use, could select multiple copies. I liked that it had a flip top lid to place paper on top of glass to make copies and scanned documents. However, the unit is very large in size and took up a lot of desk space and it was very loud. I stopped using it a while ago because it was getting difficult to import images to computer. It would get streaks after it would scan something or when printing copied documents. I would have liked it to not make a line on the edge of a sheet. It met my needs for a while but not anymore.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Modern, functional, reliable, convenient, workable, reputable. Universal sleek design and manageable. A pleasant experience. It is pretty simple to set up. It just requires five small steps and can be easily explained to others. But with technology now large document scanners aren't even necessary. Also, I don't like parts of the design. I also don't like the fact that they are so expensive and not able to be transported. They also aren't modern and can be difficult to fix.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

There are directions that come with it and it was pretty self explanatory. If you follow the directions, you should have no problems setting it up. I like how easy it is to use. The Xerox scanner is amazing. I love how it copies documents exactly how I want them to. It is really simple and it was pretty affordable. But I have to plug it in to the wall.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Xerox DocuMate Scanner was easy to use and set up and has allowed me to do away with my fax machine and is much smaller and with so much less noise. I have no complaints about my scanner, it works, and I have had it for over a year. It would be nice if it came in designer options so it was nice to look at also. I plugged it and use the cd to install the program and it took 10 minutes. I like that it has many easy to use features and I was able to quick scan documents to fax or just to save to cut down on paper storage. It helps me cut down on space and works when I need it and I had zero compatibility problems.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The process of setting up the machine was simple--just downloading software and plugging it in. It meets all my scanning needs. You could scan to multiple devices (like a USB drive), and there were no blurry lines around the edges. They’re clean, accurate copies and all of my documents were scanned accurately and easily transferred to other devices. But the machine itself was slightly bulky, and it dominates the desk space in a standard office. Not as important, but the machine is also a little loud, not great for use in a quiet office.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners expert review by Liz Masoner

Xerox basically started the office equipment industry. Their name is synonymous with copying paper. However, they have struggled to stay in the forefront of consumer minds as other companies entered the industry. Although the DocuMate line offers a good range of models, Xerox advertising is geared more towards larger offices rather than individual consumers, and their market share suffers on the lower end side of the model range as a result.

• Experience: Xerox products have over 50 years of practical design experience behind them.

• Quality: Xerox products, in general, are designed to stand up to rigorous use and are by no means fragile.

• Price: Xerox tends to have a steeper entry point price than other brands.

• Parts availability: Because Xerox focuses mostly on large businesses, it is often difficult to find Xerox products at your local office supply store.

• Best for: Home office, Small office

Profile picture of Liz Masoner
Liz Masoner Document Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners Company Information