3.91/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Xerox DocuMate Scanners

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Xerox DocuMate Scanners Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I had been a loyal customer for years. We have over 10 high end copiers. We discontinued use. No one machine and missed telling them not to return monthly maintenance agreement by one monthly invoice. We tried to cancel but they wanted to charge 90% of the contact to cancel. I didn’t mind paying for the month we forgot. They can tell from the clicks that the machine hadn’t been used for over 6 months. They shouldn’t auto renew machines that are obviously not in use. But if they do, they should allow cancellation at the end of current month.

After several years, these contracts should be month to month, not year to year. I will never have another Xerox. Service is poor also as we’ve had machines inoperable for weeks at a time and get no credit for them waiting on parts. Our contracts will expire in about 2 years and we’ll go to Canon or another company, but never again Xerox. Their loss, not ours. This is why they are losing money and market share. Poor management and simply don’t care for their customers after the sale. RIP XEROX!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I like that it’s a simple machine. Everything you need is at the tips of your fingers and it functions the way I need it to. Though sometimes with all new things it has bugs and doesn’t want to listen. Though all in all it's a good machine. I just wish it would function on its own. That way it’s not all me. Setting this up was simple. You take it out of box, follow the instructions as it instruct and vows your uncle it’s working. But you have to do as it says. Otherwise you’re sitting for hours on the phone trying to figure it out. It’s more you have to read to get it done right. The screen is okay though I think the glass has issues. It’s hard to get a clear picture at times. It tends to brighten itself more than necessary at times. Where the words might as well not exist. Then again this is something that could simply happen to anyone and the coloring can also be off.

Get expert buying tips about Document Scanners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The scanner produces very high-quality reproductions, which is critically important for my business as well as personal scanning needs. The unit is also easy to use. I enjoy having this resource for convenient at-home use. The set-up process was not too complicated and, indeed, was much easier than I was anticipating. The instructions were very easy to follow. Set-up was relatively quick and hassle-free. However, the document scanner is quite heavy and awkward. Thus, it is not convenient to move it from its original installation location. Although I have wanted to use the scanner in a different room, I have not done so because it is so clunky.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was very happy with this scanner. It was fairly simple for me to set up. I just followed directions and it was very easy for me. I do wish the size was a bit smaller and maybe it would improve on the noise level as well. Overall Xerox has been a trusted brand for such a very long time and they provide devices to huge corporations as well as everyday people. I feel confident that I can trust this brand to deliver the very best of what I am looking for. That's a brand you can trust with your needs.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Modern, functional, reliable, convenient, workable, reputable. Universal sleek design and manageable. A pleasant experience. It is pretty simple to set up. It just requires five small steps and can be easily explained to others. But with technology now large document scanners aren't even necessary. Also, I don't like parts of the design. I also don't like the fact that they are so expensive and not able to be transported. They also aren't modern and can be difficult to fix.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox DocuMate Scanners?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Xerox DocuMate was on sale when we purchased it. It was easy to install program, plugged into computer and started to run set-up right away. It's easy to use, could select multiple copies. I liked that it had a flip top lid to place paper on top of glass to make copies and scanned documents. However, the unit is very large in size and took up a lot of desk space and it was very loud. I stopped using it a while ago because it was getting difficult to import images to computer. It would get streaks after it would scan something or when printing copied documents. I would have liked it to not make a line on the edge of a sheet. It met my needs for a while but not anymore.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Scanning documents saves on costs over paper. You can also scanned in color, black and white, pdf, jpeg, etc. The rich settings gives you endless possibilities. To summarize, the setup is easy on the network, the device will save you money and the support is great from Xerox. Furthermore, it has a search and find feature which makes it very handy to search for words instead of scrolling to look for the words. It does meet the need to have documents scanned and retrieve. Before, we would have boxes of documents and when we need to look, we spent hours looking for the year and the proper documents to be looked at. What makes it worse for us, if we don't recall the document's title, but only the phrase or word such as a client's name or a phone number associated with the documents.

Once all the hardware are taken out of packaging, you need to connect Xerox to the network. Make sure you have the network information needed. It is easy to setup if you have the information for the network. In my experience, this was very difficult for me because of my lack of knowledge calling my own IT staff to assist. I do wish for a wizard to be added for ease of deployment. If not that, then have software within Xerox to detect the settings and populate the information which you can edit or delete and modify to meet your need. This would be helpful because trying to gather network settings and be dependent on other people to provide you takes its effort. I would also like some tutorial videos online from Xerox on setup. It took days because the proper staffs were not ready to implement. But Xerox goes beyond your expectation. Make sure you get the model that fits your business because there is a lot to chose from.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is quick and is good for large jobs that involve multiple pages. It is also the ideal brand for professional use and can do many things in a short period of time. It is easy to use and exceeds my expectations once set up. It is large and difficult to set up however the customer service is very helpful whenever I had questions. I was overwhelmed at first but I would definitely buy again if given the chance. Overall it is a good product.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

It is easy to use and set up as it does not take a very long time. The directions were very clear and easy to follow which makes setting up the scanner a breeze. The layout is nice and it is also durable. It has exceeded my expectations. I’d change how much it costs for the ink cartridge and toner. If you are scanning a lot of stuff like I have to for work in order to make copies, it can really add up. It would be nicer to have these products more readily available as well because I have a hard time finding them for an older model.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I could set it up easily and use it without asking questions. Just put the paper in and scan or copy. I like that it holds up well and prints quickly and the ink lasts a long time. It was not too expensive either. However, I would like it to scan more than one page at a time. It would make scanning way easier if I could put multiple pages in at once and it would pull them through without me having to switch the page each time. Also, technical support isn't too bad except when they troubleshoot the same thing a million times.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners expert review by Liz Masoner

Xerox basically started the office equipment industry. Their name is synonymous with copying paper. However, they have struggled to stay in the forefront of consumer minds as other companies entered the industry. Although the DocuMate line offers a good range of models, Xerox advertising is geared more towards larger offices rather than individual consumers, and their market share suffers on the lower end side of the model range as a result.

• Experience: Xerox products have over 50 years of practical design experience behind them.

• Quality: Xerox products, in general, are designed to stand up to rigorous use and are by no means fragile.

• Price: Xerox tends to have a steeper entry point price than other brands.

• Parts availability: Because Xerox focuses mostly on large businesses, it is often difficult to find Xerox products at your local office supply store.

• Best for: Home office, Small office

Profile picture of Liz Masoner
      Liz Masoner Document Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

Xerox DocuMate Scanners Company Information