HP Scanjet Scanners

Compare Document Scanners

Research top Document Scanners recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In my entire use of using the document scanner I own, I have never encountered any problems that would be considered detrimental to my overall experience and feeling of the scanner. The overall ease of use of the scanner was completely up to my expectation and will be for everyone. The speed of the document scanner I own is more than likely faster than any other branded document scanner because in my opinion, HP is a very reliable network and company. Connectivity of the document scanner I own was a little bit confusing to me even though I have owned companies from the same brand in the past and have never experienced any major problems. At first I thought the price of the scanner was a bit much but upon further research and comparing the price to other scanners, I discovered that the price and overall value was good.

It works so quiet and fast and the printing is clear and crisp that you can hardly tell which is the copy and which is the original. I have had it for four years now and it works as good today as it did when I bought it. This is the fastest copier I have ever had. With this scanner, I can get a lot more work done than I used to with my old one. That saves me time and money. I had to get this scanner when I went from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I glad I did because this one is better than the old one. It was surprisingly affordable than what I paid for my old one. I paid almost 50% less for this scanner than the one I paid for about four years ago.

I have found this to be one of the easiest document scanners to use. It is very intuitive and takes no special training to get it right the first time. I am very happy with the quality of the scans. I have been using my device for years and have never had any problems getting to scan in documents. It is a very fast scanner. It makes high quality images in a very short amount of time. It is definitely a fast unit that saves me time compared to some of the other units I have had over the years. It connects very easily. I have never had any driver issues at all and have found it to be very reliable. For the quality of the images that this device generates I would say that the price I paid was more than fair. The speed it operates at makes it a very good investment.

It was easy to use but I had trouble with the Save function. I was always having difficulty in finding items that had been scanned. I was unable to choose files that I wanted. This resulted in lost documents and re-scanning. I am technologically challenged but the process should have been easier. The process was extremely easy; you simply placed the item to be scanned on the screen and hit the "StRt Scan" button. The scanner did all the rest! The scanner was an integral part of the printer and was connected to the pc easily. I thought that the equipment was a good deal, considering its extreme usefulness. Four processes were available in one machine! If I had bought them separately, I would have had to spend a lot more money.

It's simple to operate. No complicated or confusing steps involved. Each stage is self explanatory. It's modern, innovative and well designed. This machine was made for the technology impaired. I would highly recommend this to anyone including children. As far as I'm concerned it's as fast if not faster than any piece of equipment I've ever used or owned. I highly recommend this for anyone who has large projects to deal with or for students. It can handle any job. As for the equipment itself as far as I can tell it connects quickly and effortlessly. I have a slow internet speed but it still connects faster than my other equipment. It's a great product with a great price. It provides all the latest technology and is extremely efficient without much hassle. I highly recommend this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HP Scanjet Scanners?

I have a printer and scanner combination, which is connected wirelessly to my tablet and laptop. The scanner works well but it takes forever to get the correct signal to perform the task I wanted it to. The printer is even worse. When it actually gets to perform the task, it does end up printing pretty quickly. The scanner seems to scan in an instant, especially black and white images. As I mentioned previously, the connectivity is the worst! I think I've had a problem with every wireless printer or scanner I've had. Luckily I bought it while it was on sale at Sam's Club. I wasn't going to get anything expensive because I have had bad luck with printers and scanners before. This was probably the cheapest one I've ever gotten, and it shows.

I bought a HP 6500 all-in-one. I have had nothing but trouble since day one. I spent many hours on the phone getting it to work at all. I have had reoccurring problems that forced me to contact HP over and over again. They make virtually impossible to get support. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. More problems! I keep having to run "HP Print and Scan Doctor" over and over again so I can print. Today I need to scan a document. I had no problem yesterday. But, today I spent 4 hours trying to scan one page. I was on their website at least a dozen times. Absolutely no help. I would not accept any HP product even if they gave me one million dollars.

Hello. I had recently purchased HP Scanner 200 after reading the product information published on their own website. It mentioned that this scanner can scan negative films and convert it to crisp clear digital images. Based on this information I purchased the scanner and was shocked to discover that feature of scanning negatives was not supported by this hardware. On highlighting this issue with the company they conveniently removed the information from the website and then claimed that they never had mentioned any such thing. This is absolutely unethical and unfair on the part of HP to cheat a customer. They are no longer responding to my mail and I have no other option of raising my grievance and concern. I would appreciate if you could take up this matter seriously with the company and do needful.

Expert Review

Liz MasonerDocument Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

HP is probably the most recognized name by consumers for scanners and other small office machines such as printers. They have a strong reputation of reliable products at affordable prices. The HP Scanjet product line offers options to fit a wide variety of scanning needs.

• Reliable: HP has a long track record of producing very dependable office equipment and scanners that rarely need repair.
  • Low price point: With one of the lowest price points in the market, HP has a scanner within range for nearly everyone.
  • Variety: A wide variety of scanner models means that most users can find exactly what they are looking for within the HP Scanjet lineup.
  • Support: Models are constantly changing and users who prefer to keep a product many years may find that HP stops supporting their purchased model with new operating system upgrades long before the product actually breaks.
  • Weak feeder belts: The rubber bands that drive the tension on the paper feeder are usually the first thing to break in any HP scanner or printer.
  • Best for Casual home user, Home office, Small office