4.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

39 Epson Business Document Scanners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

It is easy to set up, the instructions are clear and there are no accessories needed beyond what is provided. It is also easy to move when you want to use a different device with it. It fits conveniently and does not take up too much space... I like the large format flat screen and being able to put large documents that are bigger than a typical sheet of paper. This makes it convenient to use. It also has a short warm up time but I would like it to scan faster. That would reduce the time I have to wait for it to scan. Otherwise, It is easy to operate and the quality is excellent.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It worked quite well for scanning pages. All you had to do was plug it in, put the paper in that you wanted to scan and press enter. It actually scanned pages quite fast and I had absolutely no complaints about it while I used it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My wife is the techy in the home, and she sets all of our electronic equipment. Once set up, it is easy to use, and have no concerns. The scanner I use is part of a multipurpose machine... It can copy, fax, print from a computer or iPad, as well as scan. It is a machine that perform certain functions. Am happy with the results I get from using the various functions the machine offers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The scanner is wonderful if it is working. It is very easy to use. The setup process was not a breeze but it is easy enough for most lay people. It took our department less than an hour to set it up. I love that it can scan wirelessly. My documents always look clear and crisp when they are scanned through. Sometimes other brands can cause the document to blur or look distorted but I have not noticed this problem at all with the Epson scanner. However, it disconnects from the internet a lot and hard to get reconnected sometimes which is annoying. When the scanner gets disconnected, I sometimes have to restart my computer as well as the scanner, which costs me a lot of time.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It was simple to install & works great. I can operate it without the grandkids and I like the result of the scanner. It is awesome. I can print in color or black & white. I have had it for at least 10 years and it has met my needs over the years. I have been quite pleased with Epson product and I would purchase again in the future, when this one quits. I am sure there have been many improvements over the years on the product but I know it is a product that I can rely on. Hopefully they make it wireless now like the router things DSL I believe it is called. I am surprised the gadgets can connect so easily & I look forward to getting a scanner/copy machine & fax.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Epson Business Document Scanners?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Epson scanner is very easy to use. I just turn it on and insert the document I want to scan. It meets my needs very well. Printing is also easy and there are few steps to print out the desired document. The pictures comes out nice and it has WiFi capabilities. The set up was fairly easy and the menu to chose what you want is also easy to use. It has a good size that fits well on my desk without taking up too much room. I dislike dealing with the ink cartridges because sometimes it will refuse to print if a color is empty but I only want to print in black. So if I’m only printing a text document with no pictures and should only use black ink. I find it annoying the black will be full but the red low so it will refuse to print.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am easily frustrated by computer things, and I did have somebody help me set it up. Also if I was more "computery", maybe I could have fixed it better. Is it possible printers and scanners could be made easier to use, for older people? I’m sure not everyone gets it better. I’m just 41, but born in 1976, I am not a "digital native". For a while Epson made it easy to scan images, and I knew how to get them to computer. This was about three years. Then something went wrong with the scanner, but it might have been the cord. Then I got a new computer. It slowed down, though I could have tried a new cord. Also I got a new computer, and it was not compatible. Sometimes I feel doomed to fill the trash dump with printers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I like the item number, the scanning bed, color, band, low sound and speed. It's small and easily turned on. There was a warranty as well on the item, Price was very competitive, there was even a rebate offered, Item was fully in stock. Customer service was great and Item was great form the start. I would highly recommend and purchase again if I had the chance. Better than any other printer I have ever used. It was very simple to set up that all should be able to assemble. Instructions were very clear. Very few cords to deal with and all. I would tell everyone to use Epson Scanners.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I like that Epson scanners send the documents straight to your desktop as a JPEG or PDF. Mine even uses wifi to send it to my laptop - no cords! This is great if you need to upload something on a website. The features are very user-friendly and the software is easy to use. I also love that mine is wireless! The set up of the document scanner was very easy! It comes with software to install with easy step-by-step instructions. If you do not have the software for some reason, just go to the Epson website and download it for free!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The scanner was preassembled at purchase and the owner's manual was quite simplistic. It was very straightforward. You can purchase a feeder tray to utilize with it, but it cost as much as the scanner did. Captured images are in high quality and lightweight so that it was easily mobile. It was not wireless so there was a port for a thumb drive or in the alternative you could use the provided computer to scanner cord. However, since it was not equipped with a feeder tray, there was no way to scan an entire document at once. You have to scan a page at a time so your scanned document consists of as many pages as the document you scanned. Instead of one saved item/document, you will have multiple items which can be confusing since you can't save them. Furthermore, since you can't name the pages it can be a little confusing when you scan a large document.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Epson can scan a multiple number of pages at once. Can start scan by pushing a button on the scanner or with the software that comes with it. The software has numerous features that make my life easier. The scanner is easy to setup but the software can be difficult if your computer skills are on moderate. It took me some time to try and figure out the best way to use the software to my advantage. The software assumes you know a lot about computers, if you don't the learning curve is longer, BUT well worth it. The software offers a lot of features that are very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I trust the brand. It's simple to set up and it does meet my needs exceptionally. I love this product and I like that it comes in different colors as well. I also like that Epson scans prints and copies and that it is easy to use and very convenient. Going to buy a second one. Though sometimes the quality is not all that good and it makes me very disappointed, it is still a wonderful product and I approve of it big time. Very happy with this.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This scanner has many features I like. For one it has Wi-Fi build in, so I am able to send something via my phone to the scanner anywhere in the world and it will print it for me. I can fax, print, and scan. It is also simple to use the scanner. You lift the lid and lay the document down and press a button to scan. If you can, you can also feed it in the paper tray and the matching will do the rest. The only thing I would improve would be the way the paper sits in the scanner. I would like it not to stand up, but lie down.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Stylish, Compact, Familiar, Trustworthy; Cost effective, efficient, affordable, accessible, well known brand, family name. Setting up was relatively simple as long as your computer is available to be paired to the scanner. The device is not too heavy, making it easy to relocate in different areas of the home. However, I would improve the scanner by making it easier to pair multiple computers to the scanner. Also, I would improve the functionality of the scanner by increasing the size of the device to accommodate larger devices.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

It's fast, easy and innovative. The startup time was a dislike but it was a good thing that the quality of the product was beautiful and it has many options available. However, it's too bulky and it was pretty pricey. Other than that, using it was a very simple process. Nothing too hard to set up - just a few commands and buttons.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I like the fact that Epson Business Document Scanner allows and notifies you when all the ink levels are beginning to run low so you are aware of it. Also, it has several ways that you can properly keep a great maintenance schedule for your printer/scanner.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I like Epson's color, bright, bold. The ink supply last for two years, I don't have to run to OfficeMax every two weeks to fill up. I just like this Epson scanner, copy, printer. The scanner works great and good photo and printer print fast and good and you put in your time, year, date your name, birthday, your address. However, they should make it a bigger one. It can do the work in a short time, but the one I have is great for me.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

It has all I want in a scanner, with ink that is priced reasonable and readily available. The ink reasonable to refill and it is easy to replace old cartridge with a new cartridge. It's very easy to set up and was ready to use in a few minutes. The instructions were easy to read and understand. It produces quality prints and it has other features that I use. It works fine and if I had to replace I would consider Epson first.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Turning on the printer was easy. The best feature is the wireless printing option, the scan to computer option and the color. Connecting it to the wireless network was a complicated task which required visiting the company website. The worst feature to be the printing mechanism is difficult to us. Also getting the printing tray out took too long to figure out.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Speed is always an issue with scanners. But these Epsons are superb. These are top notch machines built for commercial or private use. Excellent for my line of work. Speed, dependability and save function is a simple few click process. Super easy plug and use even if you have never used one and if you have an issue, the customer support is awesome. I've used several products from them over the past 25 years and I've never been let down.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I like its portability and that it's lightweight. I have used other products from this brand so the name recognition also helps me feel secure that the product will of higher value. It's very simple to set up and use, simply plug it in and shred. Good for home use, but not large enough for commercial use. It' safe for use in home with children because of safety features, but this limits the number of sheets that can be shredded at once. It can be time consuming if you are not shredding each document as needed. Best not to save shredding needs for batch processing due to this.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Epson was in the top four months effective cartridges at Walmart. It was expensive to print unless you went black and white all the time but the color cartridges used a lot of it and the head seems to get off alignment occasionally so you had to reset it or clean it. It had cool features though. I did enjoy that but if they could lower the cost of the cartridges and use recycled ones or something that might help a bunch.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It's a brand name I had heard of and already trusted. I liked the ease of use and the functions were clearly marked and easy to understand. It didn't take long to figure out how to work it, or how to connect it to my needed devices. It is fairly simple to use, as long as you take the time to read the instructions. It took a minutes but I was prepared for that. It does what I need it to and is very adequate in performing what I expected it to do. It occasionally would take a little bit too long. Occasionally the buttons would stick. This happened more as I had it longer, when it got older, which I know is common, however still frustrating nonetheless.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I really love my scanner. The set up process was really easy. It took about 20 minutes. It has lots of buttons and multiple settings. But I would like to see easier setting on the scanner. And I would like to improve the different scanning options that it has or would also like to see a scanner with less buttons but overall Epson was really a good scanner otherwise. It’s easy to scan. It did meet my expectations. I was very happy with it. I would share this with my friends and tell them so if they was looking for one then they could get it as well. I would like an updated version if they have one.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Simple, Fast, Easy. I like the brand’s sleek and simple design, as it looks nice in my home. The user interface is easy to navigate and simple enough for everyone in the family to use. The scanned documents are high in quality. The brand seems to be progressive in design and features. One feature I like is the ability to email scanned documents directly after scanning. Also, the fact that it has wireless capability makes it easier to use and allows it to take up less space. However, connecting the scanner to a computer wirelessly is a bit confusing. As someone technologically literate, it was very easy to set up and start scanning documents. However, for other people in my home it was a bit foreign to them and they did not understand some of the wireless capabilities or what to do with the document once it has been digitally uploaded. Overall, it meets my needs and expectations for a scanner and always get the job done very quickly.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I like the look and color of my scanner. I liked the low seeming price when I purchased it and that it is compact and easy to use. It scans my documents fairly quickly and it scans both sides of a page at the same time so it is fast when I need a document immediately. I am able to create business cards and ID cards. Came with easy to read and understand downloadable operating software. It was very simple to install and use. Offers me easy document management. However, I wish it was quieter. Sometimes I can hear it across the hall in my bedroom even though it is in my office on the other side of my house.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Setting up the Epson scanner was very simple that a caveman could do it! It just required connecting it to my laptop and plugging it in and that was about it. I really like the scanner feature on my printer. It is so easy to put the documents or pictures I need on the scanner, have them uploaded to the computer. It is fast and convenient to use.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The Epson Scanner is very portable and does not take up a lot of space. I can import into multiple file formats. Although the navigation between screens could be better, it wasn't difficult to figure out and I'm used to them now. But for someone who's not technically savvy, this could be a challenge. Going back and forth between the computer and scanner can be frustrating to one not familiar with its use at first. Also the steps may seem illogical, but once one remember the steps it's not difficult to use. Set up is what's to be expected. It's relatively simple.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like that my Epson Scanner scans easily, copy to a computer file and it has a feature that copies without turning computer on. However, it was difficult to set up on my Mac computer. It was also difficult to set up wifi connection for my tablet and laptops to use as well. To set up the scanner, I had a hard time finding new hardware in my settings, this was very frustrating. I was hoping to have an automatic startup would have been nice, but I had to power off my Mac, then load the disk, and then plug into the USB port and install from the CD.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The Epson Scanner is an all in one printer and color scanner, auto-document feeder, prints in color or in black and white. Prints on different sizes of paper which is very convenient such as a4, legal, letter, specialized paper, bond color paper, large size envelopes and 3x5 color cards. It has all the features I require and this was the reason for purchase. It is very simple and direct to use. Can be adjusted for additional types of paper and cards. The cartridges for the printer are also easy to change.

Epson Business Document Scanners expert review by Liz Masoner

Epson has a strong market position among average consumers and a good presence with large companies. A relative newcomer to the market, it is one of the rare companies that manages to cross over into the separate markets well.

• Flexibility: Epson offers an extremely deep model range of scanners so that any user can find something that fits their needs accordingly.

• Quality: Epson products produce good quality images.

• Pricing: The price range of Epson scanners is very affordable compared to other brands.

• Supplies: Pricing of supplies can be a bit more expensive than other brands and seems to vary considerably with product model. Depending on the product model, supplies could be a bit more expensive than competing brands.

• Software: The included Epson software can often be cumbersome for importing scans.

• Best for: Home office, Small office

Profile picture of Liz Masoner
Liz Masoner

Document Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

Epson Business Document Scanners Company Information