Doxie

Compare Document Scanners

Research top Document Scanners recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The ease of use is remarkable and it's one of the best out there. Each day I use this thing it make my work so much easier. I'm glad I got the opportunity to use this awesome product and I love the ease of use. The processing speed is remarkable, it's so fast and efficient. It super fast and the docs come out so clear. I couldn't believe how fast and efficient this product is. This product connects to other devices with ease. Everything I own differently connects to this device which has remarkable satisfaction ratio. I saved so much money by buying this product and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to save money.

I think that this is the best price and value scanner on the market. I tried many others and does a lot of research before buying this one. You can't beat the brand, its quality, and value. It's a great machine for the price. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for one. It is not the fastest of them all. However it is very quick. I think when you buy this product you go with value and quality over this speed. You may get your documents complete a minute or 2 slower than the others but it's the best quality and value. You can Connect directly or wirelessly. I use wireless and never had a problems. You are getting the BMW of doc scanners for the price of a Honda. It is easy to you and will last a lifetime.

I think this product is very easy to use. I have had other brands before that have been extremely hard to work and it is a breathe of fresh air to use this one which is so smooth. I'm very glad this was recommended to me. I am very satisfied with the speed of this product. I am usually a very impatient person and with this product I never have to wait more than a few seconds to get what I need which is a big relief. I was unable at first to figure out how to hook up this product but after I found a tech savvy person it was a breeze. It was much easier than I had original thought it was to connect this product. I think it is a great value for my money. It has everything I need and more and I never have to want for anything with this project. The only thing that would make it better is if it came in a variety of colors.

The equipment was very easy to set up and also very easy to use. The directions included were simple to understand, but I was able to operate it mostly without instructions. I haven't had any issues with use since I purchased the equipment. I am very happy with the speed of the equipment. It does the job quickly and thoroughly and when I use it for business or important documents, I never worry that the machine won't get it there quickly or stall out. I am happy with the overall connectivity. I've had a few minor glitches when connection was momentarily lost, but it was nothing major and easy enough to fix and get re-connected. In my opinion, it's an extremely good value. It works just as good as any major name brand machines for similar purposes does, and costs a lot less. The equipment is sturdy and durable and I haven't had anything break since I started using it. Definitely worth the money.

Expert Review

Liz MasonerDocument Scanners Contributing Editor

Liz Masoner holds a BBA in Marketing and has nearly 3 decades of business experience. She still remembers when punch cards were the only way to control a computer and is happy to help guide others through the maze of options that now exist in consumer electronics.

Another newcomer in the document field, Doxie is part of Apparent. A younger company geared towards supporting younger users who are more plugged in to the digital world and cloud, the Doxie line focuses on compatibility with apps such as DropBox and Evernote.

• New technologies: Doxie works hard to integrate with DropBox, Evernote, iPad, iPhone, and even EyeFi for WiFi capability.
  • Price: Price points are low for such a well-connected line of scanners.
  • Platform: Doxies are compatible with both Mac and PC with some models also working on iOS.
  • Lack of automation: No duplexing or other specialty paper handling is available with a Doxie scanner.
  • Volume: The Doxie line is not meant for high volume scanning.
  • Best for Casual home user, Home office