Laser Spine Institute

Tampa, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I had 2 cervical surgeries at LSI Philly facility, 10/1/2014 and 2/4/2015. My MRI showed spinal stenosis, bone spurs, in 2 areas: C 4-5 and C5-6. I had a nerve block on 9/30/2014 to determine what area was giving my toe most pain at that time, and that revealed that C5-6 was worst. So on 10/1/2014 I had the LSI minimal invasive procedure, but at home my Dr. wanted to do a conventional fusion, and there are MANY side effects with this procedure. After that procedure, my left arm was still quite weak and there was still minimum movement, so another MRI review showed that C 4-5 was the bad area now.

So on 2/4/2015 I had surgery on that section. After that, what a huge difference that made. Today, 2/4/2016, 1-year post op, I deem myself to be 95% healed and I have almost full rotation and up and down movement. LSI for me was the perfect choice for Cervical surgery. I will say to people who need to have surgery on their neck or back to give LSI a call. I saw their TV commercial, gave them a call, and now my neck is a whole lot better than with a conventional fusion.

My experience was awesome, they gave me my life back, so now I can live a better life without pain just in time to enjoy my grandbabies that are due in the next two months.

I am 54 years old and I had been in chronic back pain since a horseback riding accident when I was 17. I had tried acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic, bio-electric therapy, yoga, inversion therapy, massage and drugs. Then in September of 2015, I felt something "give" in my back and suddenly my pain increased 10-fold! I could not straighten up. I could not walk more than 30 feet. I could not sleep. I could not work. Every moment was horrible, nauseating, wrenching pain.

I got an MRI and sent it to LSI. They approved my surgery and scheduled it within a week. Every moment of my experience was amazing. Everyone was so caring and professional. Right after my surgery, I could stand up straight. I could walk without pain for the first time in 37 years. No one should have to wait decades for spinal surgery! Get it as soon as you can! I have a brand new pain-free life. I am so grateful to LSI and every one of their staff! Don't wait!

I had the Dr look at my X-rays and they just wanted to removed the hardware and sew me back up and not do anything, but see what happens. Well I knew this was out of their area. I already had 7 spine operation (last one 20yrs ago) and needed major spine operation and another level fusioned L-3 and new hardware put in. I found a Dr. Mark ** in Sarasota, FL that knew what to do and I'm doing fine now, took a yr to heal.

LSI was very nice to me and nice people. I just knew in my heart this beyond them. They are good at Laser spine surgery, where you go in and trim a disc, not major reconstruction. My problem with them was they couldn't figure out the problem. If it doesn't fit their calling, their lost. But if I had a problem disc, I would give them a try. I just don't like you don't stay in a hospital after the surgery, but I understand that for simple operation. But their advertising make it look easier than it is, but that's advertising!

Took off spur on l 5 and sciatica pain was gone. I had the pain for 6 months and didn't want to go to traditional back surgery with pins and screws. Recovery time was good and very little pain from the incision. Only took a few pain pills. Would recommend the procedure to anyone.

My surgery was at the L5/S1 level specifically for a sciatic pain in left buttocks and radiating down left thigh. Surgery went fine and I was heading home shortly after lunch. The sciatic pain for which the surgery was done has disappeared and not recurred since surgery. I am very happy with the results and with the minimally invasive procedure. Although I am not without some back pain at this time, the most painful back pain has been removed by the surgery. I would fully recommend this type of back surgery for anyone who meets the requirements. I dealt with my pain for 20 years - it is so nice not to have it anymore.

No response received

2015 I had laser spine surgery at lower back and my complaints is they wouldn't get the right coding for my insurance at the time. My husband contact them about it and they told him, "Too bad. We will sue you." $175,000 was the bill. My back was still hurting and not repaired. 2016 I found a good Dr who operated on me and he said my disc were bad and they broke in his hand in pieces. So 2 disc, 2 plates, 4 rods and 8 screw repaired my back!! So I am very upset about this!!! It was a waste of my time and a lot of money that did not help.

I have had a bad back for a number of years but in August, it suddenly got really severe. I tried docs here but they basically shoved me aside. I had proven bulging discs in three places in my lumber area, stenosis on the left and 3 bulging discs in my neck. In desperation for relief of the unremittent severe pain, I did something stupid. I called Laser Spine Institute. They were so very nice and reassuring. I was told the lie that my Medicare would not pay for any of it. Medicare will pay but only 8-900 dollars. I sent in the $250 downpayment which was to apply to my surgical care. Because I could not come with a car I had to stay at one of the grossly expensive hotels right on the cul de sac. The room was horrible and most of my time there was spent in the dungeon of the living room. The first night I stumbled on the carpet. I was not injured but rather bruised a bit and a tiny scrape on my knee.

Prior to my arrival, one of the coordinators offered to pick me up some groceries on her own time and I could pay her when I met her. She did get everything I requested. I paid her and gave her a generous tip. That was Monday. Tuesday, I arrived for my tests, history & Physical. They insisted that I go to the hospital or clinic (not theirs) to see to my nonexistent injuries. I had to pay for the expensive taxi trip both ways. The doc at the clinic laughed at me for coming in for nothing. When I told him that LSI had forced me to come in, he got a strange look and said "Well that explains it". I returned and had my history and physical.

I am an RN and know how to do a good physical. My blood pressure and temp were taken. Their nurse must have had exquisite hearing cause she did not check my lungs, heart, abdomen but stayed across the room. The anesthesia doc came in and we discussed some very complex side effects I have had with anesthesia. He did not check me either. They agreed I was an excellent candidate. Then I made a mistake, I dared ask them some pointed questions. They do not like questions. Makes them very nervous. I then was sent to scheduling to schedule my testing. They scheduled me for a CT Scan off campus but sent me in a limo taxi. And they also at 9pm sent me for a sleep study. They said if I even had one short period of apnea the surgery would be off... Good way to get rid of me cause everybody has one or two a night. And WHAT does a sleep study have to do with my back surgery???

The next morning I returned to the hotel and cleaned up. I called and asked for my schedule for the day. I was told I was scheduled for a 5pm and 9pm off campus testing which I had on Tuesday. I informed them of this and asked what other tests were on board for Wednesday. I was told I would be called within 10 minutes with my schedule for the day. Two hours later, I still had no callback from them so I took the cart to the hospital. I asked the front desk to please get me the person in charge as I had some concerns and questions... I was sent to the waiting area which had numerous people in it. I waited about 1/2 hour when this absolutely taciturn woman walked up to me screeching "What do you think you are doing here". I told her that she had not called me back for 2 hours so I came to check for myself. She stood there looming over me yelling at me and chewing me out.

During the tirade, she managed to drop some of my confidential medical information for all to hear. She then ordered me to my hotel. At this point, I called my husband and we decided I needed to get out of there. Noon Thursday he left SC to pick me up. I again sat around all day in the dungeon living room. At 4pm, I was called by scheduling and told my surgery arrival time was 10am with surgery about 11:30am. I said fine knowing it was never going to happen. I asked why I was not first in the morning as I am a very brittle insulin pump dependent diabetic. It was not safe to wait that late. She stated my doctor (who I never met or even learned his name) didn't like to do early surgeries and slept in!!! WHAT??? All the other surgeons were already scheduled.

Exactly 5 minutes later, I was called by the screeching witch and told they would not do surgery on me. I stated "May I be so bold as to ask why not?" She stated they would not write the pain medication which I required due to allergies. I told her they knew this information 1 1/2 weeks before they told me to come to Florida. This really set her off. I told her we were in luck as I had a bottle of the medication which I can take for pain. I was told I could not use it. They would have to give me ** which I am highly allergic to and excuse me but for a back surgery, it is the same as giving me ** only accompanied by itching, scratching, throwing up and other disgusting symptoms.

I told her I would have my hubby get a script from my family doc. I was told my family doc was not part of the of the care team. I asked why she wasn't as she was scheduled to do my post op visit. She yelled "well she isn't part of the team and there is no way we would ever do any procedure on you." My husband was on the way to Florida. He told me to call back and demand my $250 down and my $12000 I had paid for their fees plus to demand my expenses be reimbursed. I was told everything would be reimbursed including meals, hotel, travel costs and any other costs associated with this fiasco.

We checked out Friday morning and drove home. I cried most of the way. I felt like there was no help for me anywhere. I can hardly express the mental anguish and depression I experienced. I wanted to die. I am an active roller coaster riding, fishing, zip lining, white water rafting person and was left a broken shell who couldn't even put on my own shoes or hold my grandchildren. I felt totally defeated, cheated and manipulated. You see, they knew I was not happy with them and they will do anything to keep high client ratings and I was too smart in that I knew what questions to ask that they didn't want to answer. When we got home, we made a list of all my costs... the train ticket, 3 taxi rides, the cost of the food I had bought, the hotel, 5 days of lost productivity at my job and 2 days for my husband, our mileage. In other words, everything that they had cost us.

They refused the meals as they had "bought me groceries" (at my expense) and that they wanted receipts for each meal. I have it in writing from the girl who bought my groceries where to pay her and the receipt. Excuse me, even the IRS does not require receipts for meals if you use a standard per diem. They stated that our loss of work productivity was not a cost associated with me coming to Florida at their orders. We only put down for 8 hours a day. Our normal day in February is 12-14 hours so we could have asked for a lot more.. They couldn't keep my 12,000 as it was on care credit and they couldn't stop us from getting that. We are out of pocket over $7,000 and they will not give us a dime. Another example of their lies, cheating, malpractice and greed.

I continue to work in great pain and often use a walker or wheelchair. My spirit is broken and I am in deep depression. I can never go back to my fun activities that have kept me looking and feeling young. They have turned me into a hunched over old woman. As one employee said, they are in it for the money then said "don't tell anyone I said that." Their overwhelming greed and lack of any moral responsibility to the patients should put them in jail. I would sue them if I could but don't know any Florida lawyers. Just know I am looking and will make it my life's work to let others know how dishonest, greedy. You have been warned. I don't know how any of you sleep. I pray for your bankruptcy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Laser Spine Institute?

Every one of the negative experiences from customers, who rated the LSI, say the same thing--bad customer service and follow-through. People are waiting for calls, files/faxes not received or lost, and the results don't pay off. They sound like crooks and they are taking advantage of innocent people IN PAIN!!! We cancelled our appointment after they didn't call us for several days... bad way to serve people who are filled with hope and want help. I pray they will be shut down or change their ways... so many people need help.

I am so glad I had laser surgery on my lower back at the Laser Spine Institute. It was successful and I am now pain free in that part of my body. Before the surgery I had gotten so that I could barely walk from room to room in my house. I was miserable. I have had feet problems all my life but after the surgery my feet issues even improved and I could walk better. I had thought it was all my feet. The feet and the back were connected. I am very thankful I went to Philly for the surgery. Surgery a Success! My recovery time was short.

The sciatic pain is completely gone and my mobility has greatly increased. My mobility continues to increase with little to no exercise. My worst problem now is riding myself of the extra weight I am carrying. It will take me years to lose the weight for many reasons.

I had surgery on 2 facet joints on lower right side of back on I think L-4 and L-5 on Dec.16, 2016. I am doing quite well after the surgery. I would say about 90% improvement. I still notice when I lay flat in bed at night I will wake up with pain in the same area of my lower right lumbar area. To avoid the pain I try not to lay on my right side and seem like I am always laying on my left side. If the pain is too great I on occasion will take 2 Advil. It seem like just walking or sitting in a chair during the day I am fine with no pain. Dr. ** also told me that I have a considerable amount of narrowing around L-4 and L-5 which he termed spinal stenosis and I often wonder why he never pursued that part of my problem. Otherwise I think Laser Spine Institute is a great facility and very well organized.The staff at St. Louis are absolutely great and talented people and I wish them well. Thank You.

My wife has chronic back pain. We are at the pain management stage. When Laser Spine Institute stated they might be able to help and offered a free MRI review I contacted them on 3/14/17 2:01 PM. I was immediately contacted by them and was put into their system. I signed an authorization for medical release for the imaging lab where the MRI was performed at 2:02 PM same day. I Emailed the report to Chad ** at 2:10 PM the same day. I was notified by Laser Spine Institute they had received the MRI on 3/15/17 3:51 PM. At 5:58 PM I received the results from the evaluation and was given a significant list of problems and possible procedures to correct her problem.

Today 3/17/2017 I visited the lab that performed the MRI and they told me they never got a request from Laser Spine Institute. I am left to assume they performed the review on the report only and came up with their list of issues without a review. I strongly believe this is deceptive business practices to offer something free, go through the motion to make you believe they are doing what they stated "A Free MRI Review" and they make up a diagnosis to get you in the door.

Back pain sneaks up on you, even the most debilitating pain. That's what I had suffered for many years. But when coupled with crippling sciatica I knew something had to be done. After discussions with orthopedic surgeons and being referred to a pain clinic and receiving two epidural steroid shots that did nothing, I talked to my primary care physician about Laser Spine Institute. She recommended that I do the preliminary consultation. Best advice. After two operations related to spinal stenosis, I am pain-free. I just played the first round of golf since the operation, pain-free. I love to paint landscapes outdoors and can now do that. Pain-free. Just those two simple words describe the results of working with the doctors, nurses and others at Laser Spine Institute. Should have done it years ago.

After spending 4 weeks on my back it was amazing to have the 4-hour stenosis operation and walk out of the clinic. No pain killers were necessary after 12 hours. 4 months later I am swimming, back in the gym and ready to go skiing and scuba diving. Soon it will be golf season and I can go back playing a normal game (not a hunch back). Interesting enough, the same MRI that the Spinal Institute reviewed and gave a green light to an operation was reviewed in Toronto by the head of a Spinal Surgery hospital as recently as June 2016 and they suggested they couldn't do anything and that I should take 2 ** 3 times daily. My advice to anyone is get a second opinion from the Spinal Institute... It's your life. You only have one.

I would like to offer Dr. ** much gratitude for giving me my life back!! I'm not quite 15 weeks out of surgery and I ran nearly 5 miles yesterday. Before the surgery he performed I was only able to run a mile or so before the pain shut me down. Thank you so much for getting me back to the things I love again.

When I first started this process with LSI the gentleman I was speaking with was very nice and very helpful. I gave him all the information he needed, ins., had a 3 year old MRI review sent to him, never heard back. I called him and he said the MRI review was sent to the wrong fax. OK, sent it back on the right fax #. In the meantime my wife called our ins. company and they said as long as there are no laser surgery centers in Nevada where we live and my GP answered a few questions about why I needed the surgery they would pay. I called LSI back and explained what we had found out. So he tells me that's not what the ins. company told him. He told me to get a second MRI so I did. Sent the results to them over a month ago and still haven't heard from them. I give up. Tired of calling them. Just going to have conventional surgery I guess.

Factual basis uncertain

My dad just recently had surgery and he got his back fixed. But after about 1-2 weeks he started to get real bad migraines on the top of his head. What had happened was he got his spine nicked during surgery and he had lost spinal fluid. What really ticked me off was the fact that the surgeon denied it. They took a MRI and found the leakage. They had to go back in and put a patch on and he was stabilized for 42 hour. He got back to living... and he got the migraines back so he kinda put it to the side because obliviously we still had a life to live. I told him you better get that checked out.

So he got another MRI and it was another leak. BUT they didnt seem to have the time to take care of him so they sent him over to a local pain institute to do a procedure by going through the tailbone and putting a blood patch on. We have done. Moved on with our lives and a bill for the second surgery. Oh my god I'm so freaking tired of this kind of bull crap that we gave to deal with just to get a half good back surgery. Woah that felt good to get that off my chest.

Factual basis uncertain

Be aware that after Laser Spine Institute takes your money they no longer treat you right. They are the worst in customer care since you're no longer visiting them for evaluations. I was declared fully handicap and the Dr. ** signed a Motor vehicle form saying so. After 2 years my renewal came up I faxed the form in and waited for the form to be faxed back. It never happen. After weeks of been bounced from one person to another from one department to another no one knew what to do. 3 days till my motor vehicle tag expired I keep calling and again no support. All they kept saying is "I'll have someone call you back" or "you need to come in for a valuation exam." I stated I live in Fort Lauderdale, set me up and I'll be there once I set that. I called their bluff I was told "someone will call you back." Again and again no resolution!!!!

Beware they do not care how can they put the health of a human being above a simply form that needs to signed by the institution. They just don't care bottom line. And the worse this was they did not even call me or asked me when can you come in for the evaluation to see the doctor so he can sign the form to renew my registration. Everyone there unprofessional. I will never visit the institution or ever recommend anyone else as I have been. Warn and warn. Be careful who you deal with. They are all liars.

I have to say I'm much better now can even walk thru the grocery store! I'm 80% better. I have had to go back to my pain management Dr. because I'm having back pain along the bra area of the back. He is sending me for a new MRI. I also need to get some strength back in my legs. Everyone there was very nice and professional. The food was great and having a choice to eat fruits was a healthy choice. Thank you for all your help.

First of all, let me give credit where credit is due. Laser Spine Institute DID help with my back pain as they said they would. However, a year after the surgery I received a bill in the mail. They originally told me I would ONLY have to pay $1000.00 out-of-pocket and upfront which I did. Then I received the bill for an additional $2000.00!!! I have three other friends who have also had surgery there (because of my recommendation prior to my receiving the surprise bill) and they have experienced the same thing. We all got on with our lives and out of nowhere comes another huge bill. Talking to Customer Service has not solved anything.

I am so happy that I found the Laser Spine institute. I was treated above any place I have ever had medical treatments done. I tell everyone that I can and my own doctor asked if they could tell their patients.

I was in so much pain before surgery. 7-9 every night after working 8 hours as CNA now I am completely pain free even after working 8 hours as CNA. It is truly amazing. I have told so many people about you & the wonderful work you do for people & will continue to tell everyone I hear of that has back pain.

I think they did an great job. I think there is more work to be done. I would like to say how thankful for the whole staff of Laser Spine Institute. If I had to wait for the surgery through my state I would not be alive today. I waited an year and months with no sight of surgery. In 2 weeks or less Laser Spine Institute had it ok'ed through my insurance co. God bless them.

My husband has had back problems for over 12 years, we were referred to this facility. And now wish that we should of stopped going after the first visit in January 2016. In January, my husband went to their Tampa facility to have right L3/L4/DNR including partial facetectomy with disc compression. At first he did have some relief, but not for long. He had to go back to Tampa in July 2016, to have right L3/4 re L/F/DNR, irrigation, and debridement of lumbar hematoma with culture, dural leak repair. You would think after the second surgery to fix complications from the first surgery he would feel relief. NOT fortunate. Instead he has been in even more pain and suffering.

My husband and I went back down to Tampa for the 3rd time in a year, to have L3/L4 fusion. The entire week was extremely stressful, not one thing went smoothly. Problems with managing pain, filing insurance, not being completely informed of required accommodations of a 24/hr nurse after the procedure. After a long 3 days of all the above the surgery was moving forward the 4th day, we arrived and he was in preop with the IV, leg warmers, and even the blue hat. When suddenly the procedure came to a screaming halt. One of the patient care reps came in and said the procedure had been postponed. REALLY? Right now are you kidding? We were immediately in shock and disbelief! How can any medical professional or human being put a patient and their family through this?

They then took out the IV and escorted us out the back door not to be seen. We were never able to speak to the surgeon and would only get the runaround. That they needed to be sure he had pain management in place when we return home. Why didn't you go into detail about this and talk with pain management days before, husband had an appointment 3 days after returning home already scheduled. We left the facility in shock and disbelief, both our health at risk with high blood pressure due to what they just did. We used our last bit of money to go down and get his procedure done that would change his life. Pain free!

We went back home and had the required pain management appointment, and contacted Laser Spine like requested since they said they would fly both of us back down and foot the bill. We weren't expecting the next bit of information that the surgery was called off and that they would be unable to complete the surgery. What? Are you kidding? Who in their right mind not only made for a terrible, stressful week in Florida and put us in shock once but now twice? After this experience we are still waiting for documentation that my husband work excuse, waiting for all X-rays and discogram results to take to our new neurosurgeon. Until then he is out of work, no income, unable to file for FMLA or short term disability and even risk of losing his job. These people are not human.

As many other reviews stated, along with one of their own employees said to my husband, "They are only out for money!" And personally our family and friends do agree that they do not have the patient's best interest. They have put our family through stress, shock that was not needed. We already have been supportive, reassuring my husband that he will get the help he needs with his back. He needs to have his back fused, that is a fact and they even agreed. All my husband wanted was to finally be pain free, be able to support his family, and do the things he once did before. Bottom line... STAY FAR AWAY!!!

The entire process with the Laser Spine Institute was amazing. Everyone was friendly and professional whether it was in person or over the phone. Even the surgeon was friendly and personally called to check on me a couple days after surgery. My only complaint is that you don't know your schedule until after 3 p.m. the day before.

My daughter recently went to Laser Spine Institute for a herniated disc. The first thing they wanted was lots of expensive tests which, they assured her, would be covered by her insurance. She had recently (less than 3 weeks before) had x-rays and an MRI's done of her spine. She offered them these results but they insisted on repeating the tests themselves.

Fast forward a few months and we now have a grotesque bill from LSI for over $3,000 - nothing was covered by insurance. They never even consulted our insurance company which seems odd to me. Apparently they give everyone the generic "you are fully covered", to put you at ease. To make matters worse, the actual laser spinal procedure would have cost ~$18,000, and our insurance company (Cigna Health Care) who we have now spoken with many times, will in no way cover expenses from LSI. They will cover traditional procedures almost %100 but the efficacy of LSI procedures don't meet their requirements. They feel it would likely give our daughter no lasting relief or benefit. I personally can't say since she won't be having the procedure there.

Bottom line, the LSI people you first meet seem to be on the same level as car salesmen, don't sign or do anything with them until you first talk to your insurance company. Don't let them convince you your insurance covers anything they do. Make sure you talk to the insurance company first. I sure wish our daughter had.

I went and got an MRI at great expense, time and horrible experience. Had to fill out all paperwork, then Fax everything to Brigette. About 3 or 4 days later had not heard anything. Before I sent paperwork I was given a price based on MRI. Afterwards Brigette tells me Dr. so and so will not take me unless I lose another 30 lbs. I take steroids and cannot exercise due to severe pain so losing what I lost (40 lbs) was a big deal. Now this heartless Dr. tells me "go away boy". I have a normal very low blood pressure, many surgical procedures with NO Problems. Don't even waste your time! I hurt very bad and jumped thru hoops. Thanks were institute I APPRECIATE it!!!

Laser Spine Institute started with a phone call. After 2 years and 13 epidural steroid shots there were no options available with my local specialists. I didn't know if they could help me so I cooperated with their wants and needs to get records, insurance and other information. Their staff took care of everything to get me scheduled. The Dr., nurses and staff successfully set me up for surgery.

I had lumbar surgery on the 18th then five days later cervical surgery on the 23rd. The Dr. and staff called me to follow up several times after surgery and before post op to ask how I was doing with both surgeries. The after surgery care was exceptional. My Doctor was very informative and caring. LSI has called me at every 2-4 weeks, sometimes two or three times a week, after surgery to follow up my progress and advise me of any questions I had. I am highly recommending anyone who thinks LSI cannot help them to call them anyway. It was the best decision I've ever made.

I have nothing but the highest praise for the staff, facility and my entire experience with LSI. As the commercial says it has given back what I remember it was like before my back issue. I recommend LSI to anyone who wants to be what they were before their neck/back problem.

I have nothing but good things to say about LSI. This was the most amazing experience that I have ever had with a medical institution, and I've had many! One night I was crying in pain as I had many nights before over the past 6 years. At 3 AM, the commercial for LSI came on. I decided I would just get on the internet and send my name in for some information. At 8 AM, that morning someone from LSI called me. She told me that they were going to help me, and she wasn't lying. Two weeks later my surgery was scheduled. When we were there we were treated wonderful by every person that worked in that facility. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, even if they weren't a part of our care they would stop and speak to us. I am doing so much better. I now have a life. I can do things I haven't done in years!!! I appreciate everything they have done for me, as well as the follow up calls to check on me. Thank you LSI. You are awesome!

From the first phone call to walking into your office for the first time, to walking out and heading home after surgery I had the BEST experience. You have the friendliest, kindest, most caring, loving staff. They also took my caregiver under their wing. I have told everyone who would listen about my experience and the best place to have back surgery. My sister went to your St Louis office for her back surgery. We have a business friend who is working on getting his back surgery done with you too. The BEST experience ever. Thank you for giving me my life back and for letting me be able to play with my grand children, one of who is special needs. I missed not being able to do anything with him. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Factual basis uncertain

I was desperate for back pain relief. Contacted LSI. They treated us like royalty. When I asked them about my insurance (Blue Cross-Blue Shield) I found out BCBS doesn't recognize LSI. When I asked LSI how much this was going to cost me they told me they had a department that dealt in nothing but insurance refunds for their patients and not to worry. When I pressed them for figures the guy told me "I've never gotten less than $22,000 back from insurance companies" but that he couldn't give me an exact figure. That was a lie!!!

After I paid LSI $30,000 up front I got a procedure that did me absolutely no good whatsoever but they offered to do another one for another $30,000. I told them I wanted to see how much they were going to get from BCBS. They got a little over $3,000 back for me!!! I called BCBS and they gave me exactly the amount they would reimburse me or the procedures I got. LSI could have done that for me but they lied to me! They are crooks and don't really use lasers for their procedures. They are a bunch of lying crooks and lots of lawsuits have been filed against them and are pending resolution. As my neurosurgeon said they provide a "one size fits all" surgery.

Laser Spine Institute Company Profile