3.79/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Tampa, FL

Laser Spine Institute is the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery and has helped more than 75,000 patients find relief from chronic neck or back pain. Our outpatient procedures are performed in state-of-the-art facilities throughout the country, using a less than 1-inch incision and muscle-sparing techniques. This allows for a lower risk of infection and complication as well as a shorter recovery period compared to traditional open spine surgery.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Laser Spine Institute Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had surgery in 2007, 2013 and 2015 at the Tampa LSI. The whole experience... price, the people, the doctors keep getting better and better with time. This is proof that LSI strives to improve always. Coming from Ontario, Canada, a 2.5 hour flight to Florida in the winter season to LSI was like a vacation for me. I was worried before my first surgery, but because my neck has multiple issues, it needed more. Normally, I'm an anxious person but I had complete faith that ANY further surgeries would turn out to be another success story. And it was!!

I have told my story to hundreds of people. It's normal to fear any surgery but this place does miracles, with thousands of patients returning to a normal life only weeks after surgery. One phone call then surgery one month later. It's worth traveling from Canada for this. Claim all the medical expenses with CRA later. I would not hesitate to go back. For my neck again. Even for my back. Thank you LSI staff. You are Angels. M. from Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

For 10+ years I tried everything to relieve my back pain including ablations, injections, chiropractors, physical therapy, nerve blocks, you name it. Nothing ever worked and finally a doctor recommended I have an MRI and it was discovered that I had a herniated disk at L4 and L5. I researched for several months and contacted the Laser Spine Institute in Tampa. They told me I would be a candidate for surgery.

My husband and I traveled to Tampa and from the first day, had a great experience. The staff was very helpful and organized. As anyone would, I was apprehensive about surgery but they answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable and at ease. The day of the surgery, everything went as expected and I can't say enough of my surgeon, Dr. Drew **. He gave me my life back. Before the surgery it was painful to walk, sit, exercise, bend, work, basically everything caused pain. The only regret I have is not having the surgery sooner. Thank you Laser Spine Institute. The photo is of me and my husband hiking in North Carolina.

Get expert buying tips about Hospitals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I had been reporting to my doctor at the VA for several years that I had back pain. After several reports, he finally sent me to see their in-house chiropractor, who did nothing to relieve my pain. I then went to see a local chiropractor, who also did nothing to help. I then went to see a third chiropractor, who told me that, since I had been having problems for some time, I needed to get an MRI of my lower back. I had that done at the VA in Dallas, and they told me that I had a bulging disc. The MRI also noted that I had a cyst on my spinal cord. They suggested that it be shrunk with therapy. I then received a steroid injection to relieve the pain, and that was supposed to give me 3-6 months of relief. I got one week of relief.

After growing tired of arguing with their staff about non-existent appointments, I contacted Laser Spine Institute. They asked me to send them a copy of the radiologist's report, then told me they could help me. I then had to make a long drive to St. Louis, as that was their closest facility to me. Their neurosurgeon looked at my MRI images and told me that he saw nothing wrong with my discs. My problem was the cyst, that had started to worm its way around my spinal cord. He also noted some bone growth in the cavity around my cord in the area of the cyst. He looked me straight in the eye and told me what he planned to do, and what I could reasonably expect for a recovery time. I knew I was in good hands.

When I woke up after surgery, they sent my father (who had made the trip with me) to pick up two prescriptions. One was for pain, and one was a muscle relaxer. They showed me how to wear my soft back brace, and told me to report back the next morning. We went in the next morning for an examination of the area, gave me ice packs (if I needed them for pain and to keep the swelling down), and told I could return home. That was a month ago. I have not had any pain whatsoever, and still haven't even opened the pill bottles. I can walk around with no pain, go grocery shopping, walk my dog, and function again. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Chris ** and the entire medical staff. THEY ARE GREAT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I cannot sing the praises of LSI loudly enough. From my very first online chat to the last time I talked to a nurse on my spine line, the experience has been wonderful. I've never experienced a medical facility as caring, warm, and welcoming as Laser Spine in Cincinnati. My pain was gone the instant I woke up from surgery. I walked with no pain for the first time in 8 months. At the time of this review, I am 4 1/2 weeks into my recovery. It has been an easy recovery, just make sure you follow the surgeon's instructions. Take it easy. Listen to your body. I'm beyond grateful for my experience and to be pain free!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

In Sept 2018 I contacted LSI for consult and the care and compassion and very timely fashion they coordinated everything was and has been an Amazing experience. I read every review out there... good... bad and everything in between and also fortunately I knew 7 other people that have had surgery at LSI and all wonderful experiences and outcomes so I decided to go for it. I didn’t have much to lose. From the first day I actually stepped foot in the clinic I knew I was where I needed to be.

I could go on and on about the red carpet treatment... state of the art facility... loving caring staff but I think if you're on the fence you need to just go. You will find out for yourselves... and every patient I talked to there was feeling the same way I was... very well taken care of. They all knew my name. I had 8 procedures on my neck in 72 hrs and I’m going back for a low back fusion and I honestly cannot wait! 4 days out of neck surgery and I feel fantastic! The only regret I have is not doing this sooner!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Laser Spine Institute?

Original review: July 9, 2019

Dr. Jason ** fixed my back period. Not only is Dr ** very detailed about what needs to be done his staff in office, nurses, any and everyone he needs to help through the process are also professionals to the max. There will never be another choice better than Dr ** and his staff. If someone needs lower back surgery I would recommend Dr. **. PROFESSIONALISM at its best and caring happy professional people working for him. In the world we live in today a refreshing top-notch caring Doctor and staff. If anyone were to rate him less than 5 stars I would consider the source carefully. No person is perfect but I received perfection from this man of the highest character. Need back surgery there are I’m sure others who are good but if you want the best the name is Doctor Jason **.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I had back surgery there and it seemed to work for a few months then and now it’s worse than ever. Went back to find out why. Was told that they wanted more money to fix what I had already paid them for. If you’re smart you will stay away because they take your money and leave you worse off than you were proven by a pre-MRI and after!!! Please stay away. Please.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Suppose to fix the disk area around L2. Dr. said it was bleeding too much so he couldn't fix it. What a joke. Still cost me $13,900 because of the rip off way they bill. Had the REAL surgery done at a real hospital and the surgeon fixed it with no problem and it didn't cost me a penny out of pocket. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Had went to Laser Spine Institute in St. Louis Missouri 3 years ago. I can see why all of them have closed. Was suppose to have my back and neck done. After the first surgery on my back they clipped my spinal fluid sac, which I get things can happen in surgery, but to not fix it is another thing. I told them I had the worst headache, exact words to the doctor and the nurses is my head feels like a migraine would, but 100 times worse. I was told to go back to hotel and lay down and if it’s a CFS leak it will fix itself. It was so bad that my wife called in the middle of the night and again just lay down and call in the morning. First thing in the morning called and the nurse said to come in. Before I arrived my wife asked the nurse to have a bed ready because the only way I got any relief from the headache was to lay down, and it only helped a tiny bit.

We got to the Laser Spine and no bed is ready and we waited in the waiting room for an hour with nowhere to lay down and the bright lights in my eyes was horrific. No one seemed to care. It’s like we were a nuisance. Have never been treated so badly. I ended up back in a surgery where they did a blood patch procedure. Was sent back to motel still with a headache that would kill a horse and wasn’t better at all. Ended up in the emergency room by ambulance, and was denied care because another Dr did the surgery on me. They wanted no part of that. Sent back to Laser Spine and another surgeon put me back in surgery to try and find leak. He said he seen no leak, but re-patched everything again. Had a headache still when I woke up, but not as bad. Sent back to hotel and was told to go in next morning for my post-op.

Got there in the morning and felt about 1/4 better. The nurse said if I have any other problems give them a call and post-op appointment was over. Left that appointment and about 3 to 4 hours later I’ve got that headache back 100 percent. Called, left message for the nurse to call me back, no one would call me back. And in my medical records I received all the documents that showed when I called and the times, which the Dr that did the 2nd surgery said will not call patient back do to legality. So my wife was trying to figure out what to do, being that we are miles away from home in Wyoming, and the emergency room won’t help me, and the Laser Spine Institute won’t call me back to help we had to go back to Wyoming. I had to ride in the back of our Jeep all the way home in severe pain.

On the way back home I got a phone call from the Spine Institute asking me if I can come in the next morning for my neck surgery appointment. Unbelievable that all they cared about is getting me in for my neck when they haven’t even fixed my back. My wife asked them to please have the doctor call so we could tell him how bad I was doing, still no phone call. It took us a month before we could get a doctor to help me, all said the same thing (won’t take the risk since another Dr has done the surgeries). I finally got help from a great neurologist Dr ** in Cody Wyoming which helped me get a neurosurgeon Dr ** in Cody Wyoming. Dr ** fixed my spinal leak, my back, and my neck. Thank God for him. But since I went for so long with a spinal leak it has damaged my nerve for life.

If the Spine Institute would have done what is right and that is to fix what they did instead of doing nothing not even a call back I would be in a lot better condition than I am. It has affected everything on my left side and have been told by specialists my nerve is damaged for life. Went through 4 operations and 2 medical procedures and couldn’t work for a year. Also had to wait to have my neck done for about 2 years because I had too many surgeries in one year's time and needed time to heal from everything. Am very happy about them closing down. At least they can’t do this to someone else.

Original review: March 25, 2019

After I had lower back surgery for a pinched nerve in September 2018, I received one follow up appointment two weeks later and two phone calls after that. To this day I’m still in pain. I don’t believe their aftercare is anywhere near what it should be. I regret even calling them and wasting my time and money on the surgery.

Laser Spine Institute Company Information