3.75/5
  • 1 star
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We are the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery, offering a safer and effective alternative to traditional open back surgery. Our minimally invasive spine surgery is often the clinically appropriate first choice and provides many advantages versus open neck or back surgery. Our outpatient procedures are performed in a state-of-the-art facility, using a less than 1-inch incision.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

277 Laser Spine Institute Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

BE WARNED!! I met with Dr. Michael ** in Miami to review my imaging for continued back pain that I have been having from a past surgery. He reviewed my imaging and assured me LSI can help. I met with Keith **, his insurance coordinator, and they reviewed my PPO policy in detail. I was GUARANTEED after reviewing my policy that they would do diagnostics and if they didn't have a surgical solution, I would ONLY be responsible to pay $400, unless I went for surgery, where my insurance would pay 50% out of network benefits. I asked twice regarding the $400. I agreed, drove to Tampa, stayed for several days, and was released without any surgical solution.

I was met with coordinator who discharged me and was assured again I'm only responsible for $400. Since then, I have been getting invoices every two weeks for $2500, constant calls, and offers to pay at a discount. I feel completely taken advantage of and I find LSI's business practices completely unethical. Hiring an attorney to disputed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We wasted 2 trips, hotel stay, and MRI before we found out the truth about the cost. We were given a deposit amt and told we would not owe much more after that. Something did not sound right so before we signed the financial agreement I decided to call our ins company myself. I found out something totally different than what they told us. If my husband would have went through with the surgery we would have owed a monstrous amount. Please call your ins company yourself. Do not believe what they tell you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I ruptured a lumbar disc doing intense Crossfit and heavy weighted squats. I was not able to sit for long periods of time nor stand for long periods of time either. I felt like an old cripple because I could not do anything without being in pain. LSI was recommended to me and I have to say it was the best experience I've ever had. I had under 2 hours of appts (waiting and X-ray included) before my surgery and the surgery itself was a breeze. I got a sunburn on the trip to Tampa and that hurt worse than my incision post-surgery. I would recommend 100%.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Your staff were very professional. The operation in my opinion was a great success as the pain and numbness in my left leg were gone right after the operation. I have recommended your clinic to my Doctor, Dentist and Chiropractor and especially my neighbour who has been having shots for a year and recently had an MRI which revealed she has Spinal Stenosis. My only complaint is I have a problem in my left hip which hinders my walking. Possibly you have some explanation for this irksome problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I'm very pleased with the results of my surgery. My future son-in-law is having back problem so I told him to try Laser Spine Institute! I'm walking upright and straight for the first time in years. Thanks to the Laser Spine Institute!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Laser Spine Institute?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The facility and staff were excellent. And I was assured that for $13,000 the Surgery at LSI would solve my problem. I am retired and on a limited income, but it would be worth almost any expense to be rid of the chronic low back pain. Well, I did walk out in July of 2016 with little or no pain. Unfortunately, that only lasted for about 8 months. Pain began to return in March of 2017 and now is as severe, and at times even worse, than before the surgery of July 2016. Add to it the pain of wasting $13,000 and I am really suffering in multiple ways.

I would like to learn from them if there is any recourse for me. Or am I stuck with financial loss and physical pain increase. I did try to contact the Phoenix facility, but there is virtually no way to do that online. Calls are not usually returned. Every time I see another one of their adds on TV stating you walk out with a lifetime of relief---I feel cheated and angry all over again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I was 18 years old, I suddenly experienced debilitating back pain that uprooted my life. I was unable to walk or care for myself and was in constant, excruciating pain - I had to leave school, move home, and quit working. When my parents and I found LSI, it was like a godsend. The first time I spoke with my spine care consultant, it restored hope that I thought was lost forever. No other surgeon I found was willing to operate on me because of my young age; the severity of my pain was not being considered. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis and had no clear path through the woods. In LSI, I not only found restored hope for a pain-free future, I found cheerleaders, advocates, and people who validated my experience.

I will never forget how terrified I was when I arrived at LSI for my first back surgery. I cried almost the entire time. The staff was remarkable. The bedside manor, the concern, and the time spent explaining everything and going over the details of what I should expect meant the world to me. I will never forget the team I worked with.

When I woke up from that surgery, I was overwhelmed with relief - my pain was GONE. It was like someone hit the reverse button and as though I had never been in pain at all. From the minute I took my first steps post-op, I was overcome with gratitude and it has never gone away. That surgery allowed and empowered me to make lifestyle changes that have stuck with me ever since - I have lost over 100 lbs.!!

Fast forward 5 years and 9 months - in July of this year, I injured my back moving a piece of furniture. After a month I realized it was not going to get better on its own, and I gave LSI a call. Within 2 weeks, I was back in for surgery. Once again, I was met with care, concern, validation, and HOPE. This time I needed to have a nerve block test - the thought of it terrified me. The doctor himself talked me through it and the nurse literally held my hand. You will not find kinder medical professionals than the LSI team.

This most recent surgery was a bit harder on me. I'm older now, my degenerative disc disease has gotten worse, and I have a few other health problems that made the recovery more challenging. I relied on the SpineLine care for assistance and guidance, and they were there for and with me every step of the way. When I didn't call them, they called me. Just the other day I received a check-in phone call.

I am both 6 years post-op and 3 months post-op today, and the first word that comes to mind when I think of LSI is "grateful." I am so grateful for their services, so grateful for the manner in which they render their services, and so grateful to have my life back (again!). I work full time, I volunteer for many organizations, I walk 3 miles a day, I drive, and I am able to live the life I want thanks to you. THANK YOU, LSI, for everything. I know who to call if there's ever another problem.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I had suffered from bulging discs (spinal stenosis and sciatica) since 1994. I tried all the conventional remedies, steroids, chiropractors, pain management, everything imaginable to no success. I heard of LSI on Facebook and said "what the heck". One week later I had surgery scheduled and on August 29, 2017 I headed to Oklahoma City and had my surgery. I had a pain rated at around a 9 when I was wheeled in. When I came to I had no pain whatsoever. This was the best I had felt in 23 years. "Praise God". Laser Spine Institute delivered on their promise. Before and after care was topnotch. I came back home to Texas. Sing their praises. I told everybody that would listen on how wonderful my surgery was. Thank you LSI!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

On June 7, 2016, I had my laser surgery. It has been a little over a year and I feel wonderful! I had sciatica ablation in both legs through the spine, discs repaired and various other things. I had been taking steroid shots in nerves and back for 3 years. I finally went to LSI in Tampa and have had no problems since this surgery. I feel wonderful!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I suffered for neck pain and out of work for almost 6 months before I went to Laser Spine in Flordia. They helped me so much that I am living pain free and back to my old self. I haven't returned to the job I was at when I went out on FMLA, but I am living my life to the fullest. I would recommend Laser Spine to any of my friends that have any kind of issues. I have posted before and after pic.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

When I called and spoke to some saleslady in Tampa, I told her I was interested in speaking to a Surgeon. After several minutes of her fact finding mission, she convinced me to send in my MRI for a free review. I asked to speak to a surgeon to discuss my degenerated discs, I was then called by a chiropractor, not a surgeon, who said I should come in for an evaluation that could take 2-3 days, and possible surgery 2 days later. My 1st thought was, why in the world would it take so long to determine if my back was ready for surgery. I asked around and found out that one of colleague's friend drove all the way to Tampa, just to be told he was not a candidate for surgery. Apparently his MRI report was reviewed by some representative with absolutely no medical experience.

Another person had surgery there I found out and she had a huge back bill of almost $10,000 that she keeps fighting Laser Spine Institute about. There are hundreds of great neurosurgeons who perform minimally invasive spine surgery. Be an intelligent patient, and find a good local surgeon and don't be sold a bill of cheap goods that could costs you thousands of dollars with no results. Many online complaints. Read for yourself.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I had surgery @ the Scottsdale facility in 2011, cervical spine and lumbar spine. All seemed well, until not quite 4 years later when new problems surfaced. I felt LSI had done well in 2011, so feeling confident LSI may help again... BIG MISTAKE! I was directed to the 'new facility' in Creve Coeur (St. Louis). Prior to the lumbar surgery, there was a block done, insistent the problems stemmed from the prior surgery done, although I stated over and again the problems being experienced were NOT like the problems in 2011 (apparently I knew nothing of my body). When the block did not relieve the symptoms, another block was done on a different area of my lumbar and I would say there was about 70% relief - it was then determined to be a different area of my lumbar after all - but what did I know of my body after living in it 52 years.

The first surgery was at the lumbar site and I KNEW not only did the surgery not relieve anything, I was WORSE! Same scenario on my cervical spine 6 days later. I was in worse pain and the comment received "inflammation." I asked, "Why did I have NO pain in 2011, now I have worse pain than when I came in here?" Again, "Inflammation." (Apparently there was No Inflammation in 2011?!). Differences, new facility needed paid for? Different surgeon? Return home, no relief... Surgeries were done in Aug 2015... Calls to LSI, again, "Inflammation, take an **." Always take an **... By Jan 2016 I could barely get out of bed, so I requested from my PCP to have a MRI done on my lumbar again. The reading of the MRI's in July 2015 to the reading of the MRI in Jan 2016, no change... I wasn't surprised.

I sent the new (Jan 2016) MRI to LSI when the 'supposed' surgeon's nurse called me, she stated "The surgeon had made mistakes before and fixed them at no cost to the patient, but he couldn't see where he had made a mistake and he certainly couldn't take anymore bone... You could return and we can do fusion"... I told her, "I don't know what the hell you people did to me, I can barely get out of bed, your 'take an **' answer all these months have done NOTHING! Now you're suggesting fusion? The pain is so bad there is absolutely NO WAY I can get on a plane to get to your facility, as I told you I can barely get out of bed. I no longer have insurance." (Amazingly, she still suggested later in the conversation of returning for fusion.) No, LSI would NOT touch me again!

Fourteen (14) months after, 14 months of decline, worse pain than ever and not one prescription touched the pain between what the PCP and neurologist prescribed. The PCP finally did a referral to a local orthopedic surgeon. He and his team were very thorough and he was very informative of exactly what was happening in my lumbar and cervical spine and the only option was fusion. And... I had to know, so I asked, "Please tell me, was all this present when I had the surgeries done in Aug 2015? Did LSI know my ONLY OPTION then, was fusion?" He nodded and stated, "Yes, they knew." (I KNEW something was not right!) He referenced it a gimmick and a stick can only be whittled on so much before it gives. (Records compared against records - I believe the LSI surgeon took too much bone, considering the condition I was in by the time I seen the local orthopedic... Ugh!).

I will not write the words the surgeon heard. I am currently 9 months recovering from fusion on my lumbar, not yet able to work and patiently waiting for the surgeon to be comfortable with the lumbar healing before he will fuse my neck. This was an absolute horrible experience, nightmare come true! Outside of the receptionists, one male nurse and the surgical nurse, the people were not meant for the medical field. We were denied the exit interview we were told, "You're done, just go, just leave." We spent 5 hours in the waiting room one day (there was nowhere to lay down), another day was heading into 3 hours when we were told to leave and return.

Unfortunately the experience is not ending... Here I am 2 years later receiving bills from LSI. I sent a payment in Sept 2016 (for a billing received a year over the surgeries), it was just posted this last month July 2017... "The portion your insurance company states they don't cover"... I have spoke with the insurance company who I no longer have coverage with due to not being able to work. The insurance company has told me LSI did not submit the billing in the allotted time frame and there are investigational charges (something like that and that is also why LSI has not received any payments)... For as long as LSI decides they have charges to submit and the insurance company does not simply state they have paid all they will pay, I can continue to be billed on any charges submitted that the insurance would not have covered.

I was told originally the $1000 deductible would, should cover the costs and any 'over costs,' if there were any, it would not be much... I can tell you different. LSI is doing nothing more with people than a rancher does with calves... LSI is running people through a surgery room for $$$, as a rancher runs calves through a branding chute, as down the road the calves are all about the $$$ also. So, allow my nightmare to continue in remembering LSI is not about the benefit and care of the person, rather it is all about the $$$. And... had they simply been honest in stating they could not help me, or doing the only option I had... I could be healed and back to work by now. Nope. Collect all the $$$ possible. And, I still get to look forward to more surgery, recovery and healing of the fusion to be on my cervical spine.

I have read reviews and people who are on their 4th surgeries, etc. from LSI... People, 4 surgeries? If you are reading this, ask yourself if you think a 4th back surgery is the way you may want to find yourself. Remember, a stick can only be whittled on so long. Please, please do yourself a favor, find a local orthopedic or neurosurgeon who is known and does patients well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I'm a 73 yo woman who has managed back pain off and on all my adult life. Have used chiropractic care, massage, physical therapy, exercise, back brace, a cortisone injection and, of course, various oral and topical pain relievers. All of these treatments stopped providing relief. I then spoke to an Orthopedic surgeon who offered a double incision surgery and installation of hardware implants to stabilize my back to, hopefully, relieve the constant pain. Constant pain meant walking, standing, prolonged sitting, and sleep became almost excruciating.

Having had six major joint replacements already, I was not eager to undergo the surgery mentioned above. After talking to Laser Spine Institute (LSI) and researching reviews, I decided to go to Scottsdale to have minimally invasive surgery on my lumbar. My health care providers sent my MRIs to LSI first thing and I was informed by them that I was GOOD candidate for lumbar surgery. I went knowing that the MRIs from my doctor showed problems in three joints. My misstep was not confirming with LSI that all three joints would be repaired.

Only after paying for the trip from Denver to Scottsdale, signing on a $13,900 loan to pay my share of the cost, undergoing extensive testing including MRIs at their facility, the surgeon informed me they could only fix one joint at a time. He encouraged me that many patients experience relief after getting the worst repaired. I went ahead as I had already committed dollars for the tests and travel. So sorry to report that my back pain is still with me. While there was some improvement that indicates what was fixed was successful, I estimate that 80 - 90% of my chronic pain is still with me. I did get a nice and comfortable back brace out of the deal which I will use to manage living with the remaining back pain.

In summary, great procedure as far as it went but did not nearly solve my lumbar problems. Tremendously expensive for Medicare patients. Also, beware of the commercials that show people going from the surgical room to the golf course. There is a twelve week healing time between those two pictures, some of that time quite painful. Thank you for reading this far. Hope it was useful to you in making your decision.

Insufficient response received
Original review: July 30, 2017

I asked for a review. Never got a chance to send in mri and a week later got a call they could help me. They said they reviewed my MRI. Well asked how much. They said 15,000 because they don't take my insurance. Two years later got insurance they take and now the same surgery is 22,000 with a 15,000 copay!!! Hum does this sound like a rip-off of the customers and insurance??? I think so in my opinion!

No response received
Original review: July 14, 2017

I made the mistake of late night internet surfing… I filled out a questionnaire about a review of my MRI. So, the relentless calls start coming in! Friday 7/14/17. 8:08am (they left prerecorded voicemail). 10:08am. 11:58am (they left prerecorded voicemail). 12:53pm. 2:45pm. 3:42pm (they left prerecorded voicemail). 4:37pm. 5:34pm. So, that's 8 calls and 3 voicemails in an 8 hour period. I figured out after the first call that I had the option to call their 800 number at my convenience. Needless to say, their activity has soured my mood to call them back. Oh! Plus the 3 emails I received for signing up and getting the link to their pdf file. I wonder how many times they're going to call me this weekend?!?!

Original review: July 10, 2017

L4/L5/S1 minimally invasive that destroyed my back and left me worse than when I went in. Completely numb on right side all the way down to foot. They have refused to help me further. Be very careful. Dr. ** caused a spinal cord injury on my first botched surgery and apparently another spinal cord problem that left me paralyzed on my right side on the procedure this year. You should chose an institute that is willing to fix their mistakes.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I worked in a correctional facility for 27 years walking and standing on concrete floors for most of my career. This resulted in taking a toll on my back. I was diagnosed with bulging discs and degenerative discs and Sciatica issues. I constantly dealt with pain, but it did not stop me from doing things. In 2013 my wife and I were involved in a motorcycle accident where I broke my collarbone and 3 ribs. Lo and behold I discovered a year later that I had also broke my back at T-12. It was not diagnosed after the accident. I developed a bone spur which inflamed my sciatic nerve down my right leg and pain in my lower back. This affected my quality of life and it limited me in what I could do without causing major pain.

I saw the commercial for L.S.I. and I decided to reach out for help. L.S.I. was very helpful right from our first conversation through the entire procedure and still to this date they have been very supportive. Every staff member treated me like family and they seemed to care. I am back working with no limitations to include riding my motorcycle. I have and will continue to recommend L.S.I. to my family and friends.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I was suffering from pain in my neck and was unable to sleep. I also had numbness in my left arm all the way down to my thumb and index finger. After having surgery at the Laser Spine Institute in March of 2017 I am now able to sleep without pain and have full feeling in my left hand. I am back to work as a firefighter and I am so happy I made the appointment to have my MRI reviewed. I was able to go to Ireland in May without any pain.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have been very pleased with the results from my Spinal Stenosis surgery. It has been a complete success. The entire staff at the LSI Tampa facility were wonderful and very patient oriented. I would highly recommend this staff and facility to anyone contemplating back surgery.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have nothing but a high regard for the Laser Spine Institute in Tampa, FL. They were kind and respectful, always putting my needs above everything else. My issue was lower back pain, primarily on the left side lumbar 3, 4, and 5. My surgery was March 22, 2017. Before pursuing the Laser Spine Institute I had many band aid treatments. The back issue was an ongoing pain for several years that was becoming debilitating. The many treatments of steroid shots, spinal ablation, physical therapy, neurostim therapy and chiropractic were only temporary.

From my first contact with the Laser Spine Institute they always were encouraging giving me a lot of hope. I have more issues with my back. However, the Laser Spine Institute was able to fix my back where my worst pain was and I am 90% pain free. Praises to their team of doctors, nurses and all the technicians as well as support team. I am confident if I take care of my back I will not have any further issues. Thank you again.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I couldn't be more pleased with the service I got from LSI! The Doctors and staff were friendly, kind, caring and helpful in every way! LSI was the first to correctly diagnose and correct a condition I suffered with for 12 years. I'm in complete recovery with no pain at all after about 3 1/2 months after surgery. I can walk my dog, ride my bicycle, walk any distance and do water aerobics just after that 3 month mark after surgery. It's hard to believe, but it's a blessing I can do the things I love again without any pain! I can't quit smiling I'm so happy! I would recommend LSI to anyone who is suffering with any back pain and have been given the runaround with other facilities/doctors. Don't let anyone talk you out of going. Just go and see for yourself.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have had pain now for over seven years. I have had the cortisone shot, acupuncture, cupping, chiropractor assistance and numerous doctors visit. The beginning of September 2016 I felt a pain that I was accustomed to, where I couldn't move an inch without pain running throughout my body like shocks waves, at least that's how it felt. I cried at my office desk and no one could have touch me. When that ease up and I went back to the doctor again to hear the same story and to get pills I was frustrated. Laying in my bed late that night I saw this all too familiar commercial that spoke about Laser Spine Institute. The next day I sent an email and within a few days I was in that institute. I felt like a celebrity. The place and location was easy to find and eye catching. The people were one in a million, nice and very accommodating.

I am still in awe the amount of things I got done in one day. Meeting the nurses, the doctors, getting my MRI done, all was top notch service. Then the patience of LSI, waiting on me after the first meeting to schedule my appointment which was three months later. When my surgery was done, same day I was on my feet. I have never had such excellence service nowhere in my life. Who would a think that a medical institute was going to give that.

Now I am free of 98% of my pain. The 2% is my laziness to go and work on me, but sneezing, no problem. Coughing, not a problem. Bending I am still cautious but no major pain. Thank you LSI, I am a young woman without kids and you have given me confidence in my future of a family, a promise of my salsa lifestyle and encourage me to take care of my body even more. God is with you all and forever will be. I will be promoting your institution every chance I get.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I had numbness in both arms and hands and was told it was from a pinched nerve. Before performing surgery we were very concerned about cost and my insurance was from Illinois so I told them the insurance requires pre-approval. We were informed that our total out of pocket expense would be $3000 for the first operation and only $300 for the second operation. We also have a prepay on our insurance of $800 which was fully paid from previous treatments elsewhere. I was informed that it did not matter about the pre-approval because all we would be liable for was the $3300 which I paid using a charge card. My insurance covers 70% in network and only 50% out of network. That was no concern to LSI and I was reassured that our total cost would be $3300.00

The surgery was performed on Jan 20th and Feb 1st 2017. The numbness seemed to ease up following surgery but now it is back and I fear that the whole problem was not solved and a possibility of being paralyzed. Recently I received a bill from LSI that showed the total operation was $177,700 with outrageous prices on each item listed, none of which was explained to me and was the very thing that would have made me say no to the operation. They showed that I owed $31,432.25 as my part of the bill. I called them and told that we were told $3300 was our total out of pocket which they now claim that was just a pre-payment and we would be responsible for the balance. I explained that we had to put the $3300 on a charge card and was assured our total would be just that.

My insurance pays 50% because this was out of network and I told them whatever they get from the insurance would be all they get because we do not have money in the bank and are living on a fixed retirement income. I had to quit my part time job because the numbness and weakness in my arms and hands would not allow me to continue. LSI will get what they are entitled to from my Insurance and my part as promised by their office, $3300, has been paid. All I want is relief from my pain and what we were assured of with the $3300 and fees they can get from my insurance.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Laser Spine Institute doctor Craig ** burned a hole in my spinal cord and caused me unspeakable pain. I am permanently disabled from my visit. This is worse than a rip off because they can take your life in the process of taking your money. Stick with a reputable neurological surgeon that operates at a real hospital. Avoid any surgeon or online company that has to advertise to reel in patients.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I have had 20 years of extreme pain in my lower back. I had tried red stem cell injections, prolong therapy, acupuncture, stretching, electrical stimulation, chiropractic, and inversion. I was unable to walk short distances, so I made the decision to contact Laser Spine. From the first contact to the surgery, I was in complete confidence, the personnel was wonderful. I went from extreme pain 24/7 to pain free, and the ability to enjoy my passion, the sport of barrel racing.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Incredible customer service. Incredible. Incredible. From the very first encounter to the last - it was all amazing. I researched all the different scenarios... Traditional back surgery and was told the LSI was made up of scams by many different doctors! Boy were they wrong. I've not had an ounce of pain since I woke up in recovery. I had gotten to the point that I was unable to walk or enjoy life at all. Today, nearly 4 months later - I have no limitations on life. Consider the LSI and stay away from the doctors who claim otherwise!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I went to Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale, AZ in Jan. 2017 because I have extreme pain while sitting (I work at a computer desk as an engineer) on left side of my lower back. Laser spine was the 13th medical entity I had seen about my back in a 7 year period. I had surgery at LSI in Scottsdale Jan. 30, 2017. I had an injection prior to surgery which numbed the large nerve coming out of left side between L4-L5. This injection gave me significant relief for 1 hour.

The doctor who performed that procedure gave me a 99% chance (direct quote) I would get at least as much relief as that injection provided. I was in my surgical bed minutes before surgery, with full cap and gown and IV in my arm when the surgeon (not the same as other doctor) came in to speak with me. At that time, he gave me a 50/50 chance surgery would get me to the point of relief of injection, which at that time was a huge blow and obviously different from 99% chance, but I was sitting in the bed already and 50/50 was enough for me.

I am now 17 weeks out of surgery and I have no improvements whatsoever. It feels like I never had surgery. Laser spine has stopped providing medical support since I am past 12 weeks out. They will not provide medical documentation to my work to support the fact I am still in significant pain because their procedure did nothing. They are happy to continue performing tests and trivial procedures which do nothing, just to bill my insurance, but uninterested in identifying why surgery didn't work and take no responsibility for the misinformation given to me about chances of success.

My surgery was outpatient, and the bill to insurance was more than $70k. They have you do your main review of them before surgery for a reason. It's far easier to build their wall of success pictures to raise your confidence if they make you do their main review early on. They are profit, not patient, driven. Be advised. They will give you unreasonable expectations of success to get paid. I only write this to warn others and to really question them on chances of success for your case. It has cost me significant financial resources as well as time, for literally zero improvement.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 31, 2017

Their website has a dropdown list menu that says they accept Medicare. Medicare generally pays 80% of the total bill. I called Laser Spine Institute and they said it would cost me $13,000+ out of pocket before surgery. I find this overpriced and that they are lying about participating with Medicare.

No response received
Original review: May 27, 2017

I sent my MRI images in 2 weeks ago, still no reply. However I got 8-10 automated voice mails every day after sending in my inquiry info. for a good week, then someone finally emailed me. After sending him my MRI images and a copy of the review report, I haven't heard a word. From reading some of the reviews today, it seems like it might be the best thing.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Took off spur on l 5 and sciatica pain was gone. I had the pain for 6 months and didn't want to go to traditional back surgery with pins and screws. Recovery time was good and very little pain from the incision. Only took a few pain pills. Would recommend the procedure to anyone.

Laser Spine Institute Company Information