1.06/5
Based on 125 reviews that contain star ratings

55 G Brooks Ave, Deer Park, NY

155 Industrial Chem Labs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Our business was contacted by a man from Industrial Chem Labs and asked for the maintenance engineers name and offers a free sample. Then a big box is delivered with a hefty $$$ invoice. Unable to contact or if do make contact, no way to return shipment or get anyone to resolve this. A total SCAM! Read up on BBB alert and Consumer Affairs reviews for all this "so called" company does to so many legitimate businesses. THIS NEEDS TO STOP! Have relied on these both organizations to put a stop to unethical, dishonest practices. Please do something to put an end to it, once and for all!

Original review: July 10, 2018

They called our office and said they wanted to send Eliminator us which we ordered in the past. Our personnel said he was not authorized to approve this so he took their name and number down and left it on my desk. I called and told them that we did not want anything. That same week we received in the mail two gallon of Eliminator and a bill for $161.00 (I don't think they are even legally allowed to mail such a chemical), which I will not pay. I called and let them know that we will not be paying for it since we did not order it. And if they want it back they can pick it up or send us a mailing return slip.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Second time our business has been contacted. Sent product both times. When I discussed this with my employees they stated that the person contacting them made it sound like our company had ordered from them before. One employee said she thought it was a sample. I contacted them and said they would not take it back because I was not the one that ordered it. I am the owner. A second shipment of the same carpet cleaner showed up and I called again. I was told that it was the second half of the order. I was told that the employee was contacted about the second shipment. The day they said they talked to the employee the employee wasn't even at work that day.

The so called supervisor is unreasonable, rude and called me and my employees liars. Said I had an invoice from 2017. The invoice is from the second shipment of carpet cleaner which they refuse to take back. Hopefully something will be done about this so called company soon. After talking with the so called supervisor today I decided to look them up. So glad I did. Confirms my suspicions. Sounds like all the reviewers are on the same page.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This is the second time I have been contacted by "Chem Labs." Very rude individual who did not want to tell me who they were with. When I finally got the name of his company, I said, "Is this a company?" He said, "No, it's my name" and hung up. The last time, he was an even bigger jerk, trying to sell me some weed killer. He hung up on me then, too, when he realized he wasn't getting anywhere. Don't fall for their scam! I'd buy a timeshare before I'd buy anything from them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We got a call from them saying they would send us a sample of product out and it wouldn't cost a thing. Then I called them to have it returned and I got a female the 1st time I called. Then I called back a 2nd time and got a guy. I told him at that time after receiving a bill from them that the company wouldn't use the products. He started screaming at me saying how we ordered it and how he wasn't gonna take it back. Told me I was a liar and that I needed to pay the bill and just deal with it. They are scammers and liars and they need to have their license removed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Industrial Chemicals?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We were originally talked into the purchase of 10 gallons of disinfectant (salesman stated was a minimum amount to order) 2 years ago. The product did not meet its requirements, and we declined any further shipments when contacted last spring. The company shipped another gallon last spring, regardless, and when finally contacted by our business upon receipt (after multiple attempts on our part) they stated they would not accept it as a return and we're responsible for the bill, whether it was requested or not. Another "past due" bill arrived today, 7 months later, and when the company was contacted, the self-proclaimed general manager stated to me that I am responsible for the billing because my employee was rude to him when he said he wouldn't allowed the unauthorized shipment to be returned. But if I paid a $60 (extortion) fee he would let it go. Be very cautious when approached by this company!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Just like every other review here, this company is full of scammers. The exact same experience happened to me and my staff. They send you a product to try, then a few months later send you more and tell you that you ordered it. Or one of your staff ordered it. They are liars and scammers, and the guy I spoke to on the phone is one of the rudest people I have ever spoken to. He even swore at me on the phone. Don't have anything to do with this company or the people that work for it. And did anyone send the product back to them? What was the result?

Original review: May 23, 2017

I received an phone call from Tom, a rep at Industrial Chem Labs. I am a Property Manager and was introduced to a concrete cleaner at an introductory price of 2 Gallons for a special price of $49.95 a gallon, but I had to buy 2 gallons. Then they called 2 months later and have attempted to scam me and said that only half my order was sent and the other 2 bottles were coming. I did not order that and told him that Tom that is not what we agreed on, he said yes it was and sent them anyways. Yet this time he sent 4 bottles at $200 and then said our agreement was for 6 bottles after I called him. I have closed up the box and sent it back as a refused order. I dare them to try to say anything otherwise.

After receiving the 4 other bottles, I recorded every conversation we had from that point. If you can see all 145 reviews they are all the same with the same issues. This company is scamming people left and right and a CLASS ACTION SUIT NEEDS TO BE FILED TO STOP THEIR SHADY BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS!! The way that I was spoke to by their reps and managers was the worst. Spoke to me as if I was stupid. As if I would not remember what we discussed and I would NEVER Agree to a $300 order. AVOID this company, do NOT ORDER, agree to anything. 145 reviews tell the truth, not all of them can be making up the same thing, same issue. Very Unprofessional and this will end up in a class action suit and Industrial Chem Labs/Industrial Services will be shut down!!!

Original review: May 22, 2017

We have received a container that is supposed sewer cleaner. Our office does not perform maintenance and we do not order materials of any kind. In March, Ariel ** who a brand new employee received a call from some man that said he was confirming the delivery address for the company for something Hayden ** had ordered. She gave him the address. She did not know the man, nor the company or anything else. The sewer cleaner or whatever it is is sitting in the middle of our office. We called today and told them to have it picked up as we did not order it and we did not want it, that we do not use it. Some man who said his name was larry ** said they were not having it picked up and that the invoice is due. This is an act of FRAUD.

Original review: May 10, 2017

DON'T receive any of the packages that these guys send you! They only have a small shipping label on it and the box has nothing else written on it (very sneaky).

Just like everyone else on this blog they will automatic not take back their packages and force you to pay the invoice if they send you one. I NEVER ordered anything from them and they are very sneaky. The main person I spoke with is RALPH. He is extremely RUDE and doesn't care what you have to say... Be warned! I work for a big brand hotel and I have never experience this kind of service. It is a SCAM and they force you to pay for something you didn't order. I contact our legal department and they are going to take actions.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I have relatively the same complaint as everyone else here. I am the Property Manager for a Section 8 Complex. I received a box and thought it to be a condenser motor, so I accepted it and thought nothing of it. The next morning the Maintenance Lead opened the box to advise that it was not a motor but was a bucket from Industrial Chem Labs. So I called the number on their website and spoke with Jennifer who transferred me to "LARRY **". During our conversation, I advised that a box had been received and I needed to place a return. He said, "No, no, no... (my Assistant's name) spoke to me and approved that order when she scheduled a site visit!"

I then told "Larry" that I know she would not do that because ALL purchases are made by me ONLY and have to be authorized by me... he then got upset and said, "Well if you are going to call me a LIAR this conversation is over!!!" and hung up. I called back and got Jennifer again. I explained that all I want to do is return their product and I want to speak to "Larry's Supervisor" and she transferred me to "RALPH" - The Floor Manager. I advised that I just wanted to return their product since they are not set up as a vendor for this property and cannot be paid. He advised that my Assistant authorized the order. I explained the same thing to "Ralph" that I did to "Larry"... he then told me there would be a 10% restocking fee. I told him I would PAY NO SUCH THING! I did not order their product, I did not authorize the purchase of their product and they needed to get it.

He kept repeating that My Assistant ordered it though (which is a BOLD FACE LIE). During this conversation... these two imbeciles are making walkie talkie noises and pretending that "Ralph" is being called. When I told him that it was rude to take a call and have that happening, he explained that he had walkie talkie near the phone. I told him that his attention should be solely on this conversation and he could either turn the volume down or off. I told "Ralph" that he was worse than "Larry"!!! UNSCRUPULOUS, DISHONEST and RUDE. It is a shame that people like this and companies with these practices are still in operation!!! TRYING my LAST CHRISTIAN NERVE... I am waiting for your site visit so you can take your box back with you, because it sure isn't going to grow legs and walk back!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I am the Manager of an apartment complex in Chandler, AZ. Back in January 2017 I received a call from a gentleman by the name of Chris ** from Industrial Chem Labs asking if we wanted to try out their “concrete and asphalt cleaner” on our newly paved parking area. I was told that we would receive a free sample of the product along with a catalog, so that we could try it out and if we wanted more we could order it. In a short period of time I soon received a shipment containing 2 gallons of the cleaner and a bill for $131.11. No problem… I paid the bill and set the cleaner aside until we could get an opportunity to use it, thinking that was that.

A couple of weeks later I received another shipment of 4 gallons and, of course, another bill, this time for $249.06, which we also paid for. After contacting the company, I was told that Chris had suffered injury in an automobile accident and that I would not be able to talk to him, and that the 4-gallon shipment was part of the first order. It was funny to me that Chip's voice sounded exactly like Chris', so I let Chris (AKA “Chip”) know, our apartment complex is not that large and is privately owned – we have 34 apartments on 2½ acres of land with only about 900 sq. ft. of parking area and just about the same amount of area covered by concrete sidewalk. Needless to say, the six gallons of cleaner was more than enough as a “sample” to try out (1 or 2 gallons as a sample would have been adequate for our needs), but then something else happened.

Last week we received another shipment of 6 gallons of cleaner that we did not order, and which, after talking with “Chip” (who was actually Chris **, if that was even his real name), he promised to not send any more product out (this has yet to be seen). I then paid UPS $103.99 in shipping fees and sent back their 6 gallons of product. I never made any arrangements or signed any contracts telling anyone from Industrial Chem Labs to send us this cleaner on a weekly/monthly basis. I am not very happy about the way that this company does business, as they are quite unprofessional in their approach and seem to have no conscience and no remorse about deceiving their customers. After reading many of the similar complaints about this company on the ConsumerAffairs Website, I am in total agreement that this company should be shut down due to their unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

This company is dishonest with their sales strategy. They will call you as if someone there at your business has been using their services. Then they will ask for your name and are you still located at the same address. They will talk about their products and tell you that they will send you a free sample and bill you later if you like the product. I told them that I would have to get back with them, because all purchases has to go through my managing agent. The guy sent the stuff anyway. Someone called again about the order has been sent and I told them that I didn’t order anything. The box arrived and was left at the door. I called them and told them that I did not ask for this product and their sales rep lied to my face and said “Yes you did.” That was a dishonest lie and not professional trying to make me own up to something that I didn't order.

Then I called to dispute the package sent, only to be rerouted to the same guy by the secretary. They use your invoice number to send you to the same rude salesman that sent you the package involuntarily. He would not give me another person to talk to. He said he is the general manager and whatever complaint goes to him, Chip **, if that's his real name. He started mocking me saying “Oh well. Whether you like it or not.” then kept saying "blah blah blah yeah yeah yeah. Just pay the invoice." he said. Then he said we’ll pay to send it back and he would throw the invoice away which I can't believe anything he says. I am not going to spend 24 dollars to send a package I didn't order. I just want a return label to give them their product back and never to be called from this company again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Got a call saying they were a major brand motel vendor (which they are not). Asked if we used carpet cleaner, said they had samples and a catalog to send us, never mentioned an amount. Sent us the product and a bill. Will not take the product back. Says they told us an amount on the phone conversations (which they did not) and the sale was final, cannot return it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Industrial Chem Labs also called me at my place of work, offered a sample of odor control product, said he would call me back in thirty days to see what I thought. Then I get 2 gallon bottles of odor control that I did not order, they are giving me the run around about the return and are trying to make me pay for something that not only did I not order, the product does not work as stated. I am very unhappy and will not pay to be scammed when I can do that for free.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

My story is just like everyone else's. We're a non-profit historic church cemetery with few funds. I told him we don't have any funds and was told he would send a free sample of monument cleaner. Two gallons of product appeared with an invoice following. I got no satisfaction from phone calls. I never talk to phone cold calls, but somehow I got conned; very charming and personable and sympathetic to our situation. I'll never do it again. I just wish I'd checked out the company before I got suckered in. I have found that the product is just like any other clear blue generic cleaner. Mine has a "Monument Cleaner" label, but no ingredients list. I'm sure that they just change the label for whatever product they claim it to be. I've learned my lesson, especially since I had to personally pay for this because the church doesn't have funds for this. I wish I could give it zero stars.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Many of us have the same complaint about receiving product we did not order. Has anybody gone any further than just writing a bad review? They are actually threatening to ruin my credit for not paying them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Salesman called me stating he had a really good drain cleaner. I told him repeatedly we don't use and don't need it. I NEVER placed an order. A few days later a box arrives with drain cleaner. I called the company, the rep said his name was FRANK. Clearly he uses a different name every time yelled in the phone that it was ordered and then hung up the phone. I am sending it back and tried to call again, with no success.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I very rarely complain, but this has gone too far!! Originally I paid a past due amount only to find out that amount on my credit card statement was different than the amount on the invoice. When I called back to get it figured out it showed in their computers that the amount was still due. After sending them the copy of the credit card statement multiple times the person "apparently" sitting next to the fax machine still hadn't received it. After faxing the statement FIVE TIMES they finally refunded the overdue amount and charged us the correct amount.

THEN apparently this triggered a shipment of more chemicals that we had not ordered and did not want. After talking to a very aggressive salesman (Tom) he said they were already on the loading dock and it was too late and we could not send them back. In my conversation with him I told him we would be sending them back and we were not interested in keeping the chemicals or in continuing any kind of business with them. Then of course we did receive the unwanted products. I called to talk to "Tom's Supervisor" because Tom was very unprofessional and extremely rude. They connected me to man named Steven ** who was without a doubt the same person I had talked to before. This was one person using different names pretending to be a supervisor!!! His response was the same. Very rude and no help at all!! He said we had no other option than to keep them and pay for them.

It is sad that INDUSTRIAL CHEM LAB would try to take money from a non-profit company!! This is by far the worst company I have ever encountered!! I highly suggest never ordering anything from them! As I have seen on this website it looks like the same situation has happened to many people in the past. At least people know the shady business they are trying to run there!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

They stated we called and ordered products when we never did. Then they stated it was a FREE sample and to keep it. They can not take it back. Later a bill came over 100.00 for this FREE sample. Called again and was placed on hold. Called another time and spoke to a Jim who claimed his supervisor was Chip which is all lies. They are very rude. They sent products that we never wanted and they won't take back! I'm not ever sure where they got my info from! I called and reported them to 877-382-4357. Please do the same.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

To Post this review you are required to assign a rating and I did not have the option of NO STARS OR NEGATIVE STARS. MY RATING WOLD BE NEGATIVE 5 STARS! Took over a mobile home park in December of 2015. There were a couple of invoices in the office for this company so when I was contacted by Charlie ** from the company I made the mistake of talking to him about ordering some weed killer. The order was shipped to me. My corporate office paid the invoice. I was then contacted again by Charlie to tell me they had back ordered part of the shipment and the remainder of it was on the way. My company was billed $178 additional dollars. 2 more gallons arrive that were not ordered.

Then when I spoke to Charlie again. I was sent a product to try "FREE" called root begone. It was supposed to be 50 lbs. The first bucket arrived and it was no more than 25 lbs. It worked well. I was contacted again by Charlie ** to say they had back ordered 1/2 of the shipment and they were now sending out the other 1/2 of it. Instead of an additional 25 lbs that I agreed to have my corporate office pay for. 5 days ago two 50 pound buckets arrive at my community via ups. Packed poorly. Labeled poorly and all but destroyed boxes. My corporate office was sent a bill for $599.21 for the buckets delivered. It included $110 shipping fee.

After Calling the company to get them to pick the product up and being put on hold for 17 minutes I hung up. Charlie ** called me back. He was told I did not order the 100 lbs of this product to which he promptly told me... "I contacted you by phone personally to tell you we were shipping the portion of your order that had been back ordered." After demanding the company have them picked up because that was not TRUE my calls have since not been answered. I was told that there was nothing that he could do because I am the one who screwed up .He said he would check to see if he could do something about it. Since then I have been put on hold after they answer and no one ever comes back on line. All 3 of these buckets arrived with no weights on them what so ever. Please take a look at the attached images. The small bucket was delivered first.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I was contacted by Chris regarding testing his product. I agreed to test 2 gallons of carpet cleaner. While the product was good, it was not superior to the product I was already using and it was much more expensive. I paid the initial invoice and never thought about the company again - lesson learned. Several weeks later Chris called again and the call was sent to my executive housekeeper. I was in her office at the time of the call and she specifically told Chris to NOT send additional product. Lo and behold, a week later 4 additional gallons arrived at my doorstep. I did NOT order this product. My executive housekeeper contacted the company and Chris was out on maternity leave with his wife.

She spoke to Phil **, allegedly Chris' boss. He was very rude and arrogant and would not take the product back, telling her that "Tom" (me) ordered the product. He was willing to deduct the S&H charge but refused to take the product back. When asked to speak to his boss he said there is a board of directors I could speak to once a month. What is that all about? In any case I still have the product that I will NOT use and he refusing to take it back. I guess we'll see what happens next.

Original review: July 29, 2016

My experience is the same as all the others. They call pretending you ordered product, or someone else did or it is a sample, pick the spiel of the day. They will then magically send you product along with a HUGE invoice in the mail. They are conducting unfair business practices, and deceptive business practices so they need to be reported to the Attorney General's Office!!! That is the only way to stop them from continuing to do this month after month, year after year. They take complaints like this company very seriously so please take the time to tell your story and file a complaint with your Attorney General's Office!!!

Original review: July 25, 2016

Chris ** called our business out of the blue trying to sell some herbicide. Although the price seemed unbelievably high, he assured me that it was a selective kill, that was a 64 to 1 concentrate and that I would be so happy with the product that I would recommend them to everyone. He also said I would not be billed until the end of August. I received a bill within 5 days of receiving the product and it was net 30 so due the very beginning of August. First LIE. I sprayed the product as directed on a monday morning. After 5 days of upper 90 degree weather and NO rain, my weeds had not changed at all. No difference! Not even wilted. I called and spoke to him. I sent him pictures as well. He never called back.

I called the following week and spoke to a manager. He was so surprised. Said he would look into it and call me back. NO CALL BACK AGAIN. I call the following week and speak to manager again. He has the salesperson finally call me back. Their response. "sorry, can't take it back. All sales are final. You should spray it full strength." REALLY? For 89.95 per gallon and to kill some clover I need to spray full strength!!! RIP OFF. DO NOT PURCHASE! They offered to reduce the price from $200 to $150. I wouldn't pay $20 to waste my time spraying a product that does NOT work!

Original review: June 24, 2016

For crying out loud, take me off your damn call list. How many years do we have to deny your services? It's pathetic when you call and pretend you are the person who the maintenance manager purchases products from when I know for a fact they don't and you do this every time you call.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Spoke to Tom whom states he took the order we made only after they pretended to be one of our local vendors... Our new maintenance person not knowing fell for it and requested for a cleaner. So when I received the bill I questioned my staff "Who order this???" I received a bill for this company in question and always got a answering service and today I finally get through and able to speak to TOM... His response "Sorry can't return it final sale... I will have supervisor call you."

Not even a minute goes by and TOM calls and starts talking about his crazy weekend how he got drunk and vomited. HOW PROFESSIONAL IS THAT? I told him "We can not accept this package and it needs to be returned" and his response was "NO"! I said "Well I am sending it back and you can figure it out because you can not scam your way into an office to have them pay for something we are not accepting". He said "All sales are final". TOM started slapping his lips together so I hung up.

Original review: May 26, 2016

They are so rude! I called to stop the deliveries and they still sent me more product! I do not need or want more product! I have to pay $496.70, all of my staff knows about this company and will not sign receipt of delivery. Stay away!

Original review: March 24, 2016

These people are absolute scammers and should not be in business! They called saying that they had a "sample" to send us for free and next thing you know I receive a 50 gallon bucket and a $300 invoice, when I called the company they then retracted the "sample" statement saying they never send samples, I told them to please not contact us ever again. I received 2 more buckets last week and when I called I found out that a rep called the office and asked to speak to maintenance and when they did they said my maint. sup ordered the 2 other buckets which is impossible since he does not speak English.

I have called the company 4 times this week and they just continuously put me on hold and never come back to the phone or they say they are going to research the order and call me back but never do, I received another bucket today and this is absolutely ridiculous. I have read the other reviews and it seems this company has the same method of robbing people blind for everyone! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Original review: March 16, 2016

This company called the leasing office last spring and somehow got in touch with my maintenance man. The sales rep called my unassuming maintenance technician and asked questions in such a way that they somehow manipulated my guy to order concrete cleaner and drain cleaner (which we would never use anyways). It is unfortunate but they are extremely sneaky in how they present questions to the guys. So, an order was sent and I obliging paid the bill and told the sales rep to never call the office OR my maintenance guy again.

In January of this year I received a phone call from my office stating that UPS was attempting to deliver a large box from Industrial Chem Labs. I told my staff to refuse order and I called Chem Labs once again and told them to stop soliciting us and to stop sending us orders. Their excuse, it was the back order from the previous order that was placed. This is the sham... They tell you that this is the 2nd half of the order that you supposedly placed the first time. Now mind you, this previous order that they suckered us into was from the spring/summer and they are attempting to deliver an even larger order ($655). Again, I called and requested that they NOT call the office or my staff. I emailed their accounting dept on Feb 8th about the invoice they sent, although I refused the order. I have heard nothing back and yet they continue to call asking us for orders.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

They contact company, communities, properties in affordable housing and ask what the maintenance staff's name is and when you refuse to answer them, they ask your name. Many times when a rep from this company calls a company, they will ask for the maintenance. When you tell them they are busy, they will ask for their name and when you go to hang up they ask for your name. When they call back, they will say that "name of your maintenance" placed order, when maintenance did not place an order. Complete scam artists beware. Our entire company has been warned of this company.

Industrial Chem Labs Company Information