Industrial Chem Labs

55 G Brooks Ave, Deer Park, NY

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Salesman called me stating he had a really good drain cleaner. I told him repeatedly we don't use and don't need it. I NEVER placed an order. A few days later a box arrives with drain cleaner. I called the company, the rep said his name was FRANK. Clearly he uses a different name every time yelled in the phone that it was ordered and then hung up the phone. I am sending it back and tried to call again, with no success.

I very rarely complain, but this has gone too far!! Originally I paid a past due amount only to find out that amount on my credit card statement was different than the amount on the invoice. When I called back to get it figured out it showed in their computers that the amount was still due. After sending them the copy of the credit card statement multiple times the person "apparently" sitting next to the fax machine still hadn't received it. After faxing the statement FIVE TIMES they finally refunded the overdue amount and charged us the correct amount.

THEN apparently this triggered a shipment of more chemicals that we had not ordered and did not want. After talking to a very aggressive salesman (Tom) he said they were already on the loading dock and it was too late and we could not send them back. In my conversation with him I told him we would be sending them back and we were not interested in keeping the chemicals or in continuing any kind of business with them. Then of course we did receive the unwanted products. I called to talk to "Tom's Supervisor" because Tom was very unprofessional and extremely rude. They connected me to man named Steven ** who was without a doubt the same person I had talked to before. This was one person using different names pretending to be a supervisor!!! His response was the same. Very rude and no help at all!! He said we had no other option than to keep them and pay for them.

It is sad that INDUSTRIAL CHEM LAB would try to take money from a non-profit company!! This is by far the worst company I have ever encountered!! I highly suggest never ordering anything from them! As I have seen on this website it looks like the same situation has happened to many people in the past. At least people know the shady business they are trying to run there!!

They stated we called and ordered products when we never did. Then they stated it was a FREE sample and to keep it. They can not take it back. Later a bill came over 100.00 for this FREE sample. Called again and was placed on hold. Called another time and spoke to a Jim who claimed his supervisor was Chip which is all lies. They are very rude. They sent products that we never wanted and they won't take back! I'm not ever sure where they got my info from! I called and reported them to 877-382-4357. Please do the same.

To Post this review you are required to assign a rating and I did not have the option of NO STARS OR NEGATIVE STARS. MY RATING WOLD BE NEGATIVE 5 STARS! Took over a mobile home park in December of 2015. There were a couple of invoices in the office for this company so when I was contacted by Charlie ** from the company I made the mistake of talking to him about ordering some weed killer. The order was shipped to me. My corporate office paid the invoice. I was then contacted again by Charlie to tell me they had back ordered part of the shipment and the remainder of it was on the way. My company was billed $178 additional dollars. 2 more gallons arrive that were not ordered.

Then when I spoke to Charlie again. I was sent a product to try "FREE" called root begone. It was supposed to be 50 lbs. The first bucket arrived and it was no more than 25 lbs. It worked well. I was contacted again by Charlie ** to say they had back ordered 1/2 of the shipment and they were now sending out the other 1/2 of it. Instead of an additional 25 lbs that I agreed to have my corporate office pay for. 5 days ago two 50 pound buckets arrive at my community via ups. Packed poorly. Labeled poorly and all but destroyed boxes. My corporate office was sent a bill for $599.21 for the buckets delivered. It included $110 shipping fee.

After Calling the company to get them to pick the product up and being put on hold for 17 minutes I hung up. Charlie ** called me back. He was told I did not order the 100 lbs of this product to which he promptly told me... "I contacted you by phone personally to tell you we were shipping the portion of your order that had been back ordered." After demanding the company have them picked up because that was not TRUE my calls have since not been answered. I was told that there was nothing that he could do because I am the one who screwed up .He said he would check to see if he could do something about it. Since then I have been put on hold after they answer and no one ever comes back on line. All 3 of these buckets arrived with no weights on them what so ever. Please take a look at the attached images. The small bucket was delivered first.

I was contacted by Chris regarding testing his product. I agreed to test 2 gallons of carpet cleaner. While the product was good, it was not superior to the product I was already using and it was much more expensive. I paid the initial invoice and never thought about the company again - lesson learned. Several weeks later Chris called again and the call was sent to my executive housekeeper. I was in her office at the time of the call and she specifically told Chris to NOT send additional product. Lo and behold, a week later 4 additional gallons arrived at my doorstep. I did NOT order this product. My executive housekeeper contacted the company and Chris was out on maternity leave with his wife.

She spoke to Phil **, allegedly Chris' boss. He was very rude and arrogant and would not take the product back, telling her that "Tom" (me) ordered the product. He was willing to deduct the S&H charge but refused to take the product back. When asked to speak to his boss he said there is a board of directors I could speak to once a month. What is that all about? In any case I still have the product that I will NOT use and he refusing to take it back. I guess we'll see what happens next.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Industrial Chemicals?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

My experience is the same as all the others. They call pretending you ordered product, or someone else did or it is a sample, pick the spiel of the day. They will then magically send you product along with a HUGE invoice in the mail. They are conducting unfair business practices, and deceptive business practices so they need to be reported to the Attorney General's Office!!! That is the only way to stop them from continuing to do this month after month, year after year. They take complaints like this company very seriously so please take the time to tell your story and file a complaint with your Attorney General's Office!!!

Chris ** called our business out of the blue trying to sell some herbicide. Although the price seemed unbelievably high, he assured me that it was a selective kill, that was a 64 to 1 concentrate and that I would be so happy with the product that I would recommend them to everyone. He also said I would not be billed until the end of August. I received a bill within 5 days of receiving the product and it was net 30 so due the very beginning of August. First LIE. I sprayed the product as directed on a monday morning. After 5 days of upper 90 degree weather and NO rain, my weeds had not changed at all. No difference! Not even wilted. I called and spoke to him. I sent him pictures as well. He never called back.

I called the following week and spoke to a manager. He was so surprised. Said he would look into it and call me back. NO CALL BACK AGAIN. I call the following week and speak to manager again. He has the salesperson finally call me back. Their response. "sorry, can't take it back. All sales are final. You should spray it full strength." REALLY? For 89.95 per gallon and to kill some clover I need to spray full strength!!! RIP OFF. DO NOT PURCHASE! They offered to reduce the price from $200 to $150. I wouldn't pay $20 to waste my time spraying a product that does NOT work!

For crying out loud, take me off your damn call list. How many years do we have to deny your services? It's pathetic when you call and pretend you are the person who the maintenance manager purchases products from when I know for a fact they don't and you do this every time you call.

Spoke to Tom whom states he took the order we made only after they pretended to be one of our local vendors... Our new maintenance person not knowing fell for it and requested for a cleaner. So when I received the bill I questioned my staff "Who order this???" I received a bill for this company in question and always got a answering service and today I finally get through and able to speak to TOM... His response "Sorry can't return it final sale... I will have supervisor call you."

Not even a minute goes by and TOM calls and starts talking about his crazy weekend how he got drunk and vomited. HOW PROFESSIONAL IS THAT? I told him "We can not accept this package and it needs to be returned" and his response was "NO"! I said "Well I am sending it back and you can figure it out because you can not scam your way into an office to have them pay for something we are not accepting". He said "All sales are final". TOM started slapping his lips together so I hung up.

They are so rude! I called to stop the deliveries and they still sent me more product! I do not need or want more product! I have to pay $496.70, all of my staff knows about this company and will not sign receipt of delivery. Stay away!

These people are absolute scammers and should not be in business! They called saying that they had a "sample" to send us for free and next thing you know I receive a 50 gallon bucket and a $300 invoice, when I called the company they then retracted the "sample" statement saying they never send samples, I told them to please not contact us ever again. I received 2 more buckets last week and when I called I found out that a rep called the office and asked to speak to maintenance and when they did they said my maint. sup ordered the 2 other buckets which is impossible since he does not speak English.

I have called the company 4 times this week and they just continuously put me on hold and never come back to the phone or they say they are going to research the order and call me back but never do, I received another bucket today and this is absolutely ridiculous. I have read the other reviews and it seems this company has the same method of robbing people blind for everyone! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!

This company called the leasing office last spring and somehow got in touch with my maintenance man. The sales rep called my unassuming maintenance technician and asked questions in such a way that they somehow manipulated my guy to order concrete cleaner and drain cleaner (which we would never use anyways). It is unfortunate but they are extremely sneaky in how they present questions to the guys. So, an order was sent and I obliging paid the bill and told the sales rep to never call the office OR my maintenance guy again.

In January of this year I received a phone call from my office stating that UPS was attempting to deliver a large box from Industrial Chem Labs. I told my staff to refuse order and I called Chem Labs once again and told them to stop soliciting us and to stop sending us orders. Their excuse, it was the back order from the previous order that was placed. This is the sham... They tell you that this is the 2nd half of the order that you supposedly placed the first time. Now mind you, this previous order that they suckered us into was from the spring/summer and they are attempting to deliver an even larger order ($655). Again, I called and requested that they NOT call the office or my staff. I emailed their accounting dept on Feb 8th about the invoice they sent, although I refused the order. I have heard nothing back and yet they continue to call asking us for orders.

They contact company, communities, properties in affordable housing and ask what the maintenance staff's name is and when you refuse to answer them, they ask your name. Many times when a rep from this company calls a company, they will ask for the maintenance. When you tell them they are busy, they will ask for their name and when you go to hang up they ask for your name. When they call back, they will say that "name of your maintenance" placed order, when maintenance did not place an order. Complete scam artists beware. Our entire company has been warned of this company.

So many of the reviews already state what happened to me, but in short: Business offered to send me "samples", "No COD." This is their way of deceiving you to believe it is free. The "samples" of 2 or more gallons shows up. A few days later an invoice for a large amount shows up. No returns, no real business people to talk to, no email address (it's fake), no fax number (it's fake), just a phone number with a guy who changes his name every time you call - who convinces you that you made the mistake. He's really immature and aggravating so I do not encourage calling them. He'll just upset you.

Here's what you should know: You made no contractual agreement to pay for this product, so you should not pay for it. This is not an actual, legitimate business - their only purpose is scamming people. You do not owe a restocking fee or postage for a product you did not order - let them know you will send it back by phone or mail (no email or fax, those are fake), if you like - that way you can prove you made an attempt to mail them back their product (it's not yours, since you made no agreement and aren't going to pay for it.)

In the unlikely chance that this company actually sends you to collections, all you have to do is dispute the claims with the three main credit bureaus and they will be removed. Since there is no way this company can prove a contractual agreement, the collection agency (if one actually comes into play, which I doubt) will have to validate the collection, and will not be able to do it.

Once again, this is because YOU DID NOT MAKE A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT WITH THEM. Sorry to use all caps, I just want you all to really understand that this company is convincing you that you made a mistake, but we did not - we were deceived and that does not make this a valid sale or agreement. Finally, I would like to state that only by all of us NOT paying for the scam will they cease to exist. Like I said, this is not a real company, they are merely criminals working a scam. Don't pay them and their scam will collapse. Good luck! I'll let you all know if I go to collections!

This company uses the scam of telling people when they call that they would like to send you a demo or sample. Demo or sample would indicate FREE to most people. They send you a demo or sample of 25 to 50 lbs of the product then bill you for the cost of the product and for shipping. When you try to call them, they place you on hold for long periods of time in hopes that you will hang up and go away. When you finally get to talk to someone, they tell you that they will see what they can do and that they will call you back. They never do.

When you call them back, they usually play it off that they have emailed you something which they haven't and then they email you a new invoice with the shipping amount removed like that is okay and you agreed to it. When you respond to the email that this is not acceptable and you want a return label provided at their cost, they ignore you. This company is a scam and needs to be put out of business. Does anyone know what to do to stop this madness and get this business closed down?

Seems to be just like a copier toner scam. They get a name of someone who works at a company, send an "order" then pester the crap out of you that you're past due. They refuse all return shipments with their RMA... even though no one at company ever ordered anything from them.

I have worked at 3 different properties and they have called everyone of them. The 1st property they called they offered all kinds of free gifts just to try a sample of their pool cleaner. My maintenance man accepted the "FREE" samples. They sent fishing pools and a huge bucket. Shortly after that, we received an invoice for over $120.00. It took forever to have them to finally agree to take back the pool cleaner. The 2nd time they called I worked in a different property. They called me several times in one day. I explained we could not use them because they were not on our vendor list. I spoke with a "Brandon". Like any salesman, he talked with me about the weather, beaches, and vacations. He then told me that he could tell by my voice that I look hot in a bikini. After that I rushed him off the phone. They kept calling my office non-stop that day.

Finally the last time they called I had to get ugly. The phone actually cut out during our conversation and a recording came on and told me to "lick nuts". I immediately hung up and registered my office number on the do not call list. They call from a few different numbers. The 3rd call I had (at a different property), they called me and I turned them down. They somehow got my maintenance man's phone number. They offered him the "free samples". He said "sure, send them." I saw the package and had it returned.

Today I received an invoice in the amount of $96.21 for the "free samples" they sent. I called the number on the invoice and told them I sent the package back with UPS. The guy said they will just turn around and send it right back. I told him that was fine but that I would just send it back because I did not authorize the sale. I explained that I was the property manager and I have to approve all sales. He said, "oh you are? I'll do paperwork once I get it back and get to the bottom of it." With all the negative reviews... HOW IS THIS PLACE STILL IN BUSINESS??? It is a huge scam!!!

This is a slimy, disgusting way to try and run a business because they are calling people to sell their products by saying that we will send you sample and not billed until you place order but later on bill are in mail even we didn't place order.

Just as everybody else has described below, we were approached for free samples. Soon, a box of items were sent and an invoice was sent along with that. Calling their 800 number wasn't much help either. I spoke with a Jim ** who was extremely rude and aggressive with his words. Don't fall for this scam of a company and be sure to get everything in writing!

I had a Sean ** call my business looking to sell 3 things. After asking me which I would use more I said carpet cleaner. He told me about his product and I stated that I "Was not authorized to make purchases". He said "no worries", they were not asking for payment right now and he could have a "special bottle" made up and send it to me to try and see if I liked it. In a couple months if we decided we liked it we could call them back and order some more. One of my girls accepted the shipment and 3 days later I got an invoice for $111.00.

I called and was told Mr. ** was out of the office for the day. I called again and got put through to Mr. **' number which just rang and rang... Called again and said I wanted to return an item and was put on hold for 5 minutes and "Steve" (Who sounded A LOT like Mr. **) answered the phone. He said they DO NOT accept returns; Why wasn't that told to me in the first place? And that they could knock the shipping charge off but I had to keep the product and pay for it. So I will be paying for this product out of my pocket since they are sneaky, slimy, scammers! They better NEVER call my business again!

On 10/21/15 a rep from Industrial Chem Labs called and assured one of our employees that he was sending "free - at no risk or charge", sample of cherry odor contol (that's how it was spelled on the invoice). We were billed for $99.26 for this FREE sample. Scam artists!!!

This company is a fraud! As a property manager I am doing a million and two things throughout the day. They called on a day we were expecting a bid from a company about some sewer issues and I directed them to my maintenance tech. While talking to my maintenance tech. he told the rep he is not authorized to order anything from an outside vendor and the rep insisted on sending a sample and asked for our address to the office. He said "we will send you a two gallon sample and then if you like it call me back and we will get you more ordered." We received the sample (still in the shipping box today) about a week or two ago and today received a bill for $103.36.

Called them to discuss it that we are not going to pay this bill because we are not authorized to even order maintenance stuff. The guy was a total JACKASS. Very unprofessional and rude! Claims I am a liar and that I authorized the transaction! And apparently they have 4 "supervisors" on the line during one call. I hung up and they called my maintenance tech. and argued with him and went through four different people saying they were all on the call and they know what he said. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ACCEPT SAMPLES FROM INDUSTRIAL CHEM LABS!!!

I also got "the call". I told the man on the phone I didn't want to order anything, which I didn't... Then soon after rec a big heavy bucket of chemical & a hefty invoice with my name as a p.o. number... not how it works buddy! When I called I was told the manager before me had ordered it, and it was already shipped but was delivered to the wrong location. Really? Then how was my name listed on the package? I'm no idiot, please don't treat me like one. SHADY BUSINESS. If you have to lie and cheat to push your product, obviously it's not that great. I'll pay to ship it back, but will NOT BE PAYING FOR THIS PRODUCT!

I work for a apartment complex and in January I received a phone call from a guy named Chris. He said to me that he works with our company every year and sends us sewer cleaner and asked if it was okay? I told him, "No we are not interested. We will call if we change our mind." He was very pushy and said "but it's free. What harm can it do if a product to you at no cost?" Just to get him off the phone I said "Okay but we are not getting billed for this correct?" He said "of course not." I NEVER received anything but a invoice for $101.61 with half my name on it but for a different apartment complex (dumbass couldn't even get the correct information).

Furious I called the company and said, "I'm not paying for this. I was told we would not get billed." They were so rude and called me a liar and said "You knew exactly what the amount would be and everything!" He kept telling me "OH YOU WILL PAY FOR IT. YOU WILL SEE!" After 3 "past due payment" notices they stopped sending them. This company knows they are a scam. They will send you notices for "past due" to scare you into paying. Well don't! I would rather clean a sewer myself before EVER buying anything from this company, let alone recommending them. Today we received a new bill dated 10/14/15 for $161.21. This time for a Odor eliminator with a random name on it billed to the apartment complex. This company is RIDICULOUS. I can't believe they are still in business.

My experience with this company is startlingly similar to others on this site. A sales rep by the name of Chris contacted our small 39 room hotel pushing odor eliminator. I told him I don't have the authority to purchase items but if he wanted to send us a sample he could. He said he would have the factory pour us a special sample size and send it out to us. A week or so later we received two gallons of odor eliminator. The product smelled awful and we did not like it. A week or so later we receive a bill for over 100.00. I call the company and speak with Chris. He accuses me of being a liar and refuses to speak with me. I am absolutely appalled that this company is allowed to continue to operate.

We have a very small, family cemetery and somehow this company got our home telephone number, supposedly called and talked to my husband, and ended up sending a big box of their headstone cleaning fluid with a bill of $245.41! (Date: 5/22/15.) My husband has a brain disorder and would NOT have picked the phone up if he didn't know who the caller was. He only speaks to people he has knowledge of - to prevent this very thing from happening.

We don't use chemicals on our headstones because they are too harsh for the old stones and not good for the brook that surrounds the property. We don't clean our headstones; a volunteer group of veterans do it for us and they have their own homemade supplies. How can these despicable people be allowed to continue their practice of deceit on others? I haven't tried to return their product and I have not, and will not, pay their ridiculous bill. We don't have a lot of money in our cemetery fund for something we never ordered. Today I received another bill marked, "Past Due Immediate Payment Required." This is the fourth bill we've received with the same message. When they ship me a paid label from UPS, they can have their product back. I will not pay to return something I didn't order.

A few weeks ago I got a call from a guy named Chris. He proceeded to tell me about the cleaning supplies they had. I told him I was NOT interested. He then said that he would send me a free sample as long as I would call and order more if I like the product and I said OK, just because I wanted him to leave me alone. Last week I received a bill for $131.16. I called 4 times before I got a call back. He then told me that "nothing there is free, we don't do that", and that I am delirious. He was very rude. I said I wanted to speak with a supervisor and he said no. I said I would send it back because I didn't want the product. After arguing back and forth he finally said that I could send it back and he would null the invoice. Make sure you have a recorded phone call when you talk to them. They are scam artists.

I have called three times to get someone to pick this product up for return to the company. Each time, they tell me someone will call back the next day but no one returns the call. I couldn't pay for this product even if I wanted it... our company is so broke. So I can assure everyone we did not order $400 of weed killer for a 1/2 A of ground.

My Chief Engineer at my hotel received a call asking if he would like to try a concrete cleaning chemical. My chief engineer told them that he will get the approval from his manager first before purchasing it. The hotel received a box full of 2 gallons of the product and an invoice today and when we called the company the sales rep said that we had ordered this item. When my chief engineer told him he asked them to hold the order until he calls back he was told rudely by the rep that no that's not true. This is the second time that this company has tried to do a forceful order to us. Reading the consumer complaints it seems like we are not the only ones going thru this with this company.

These guys had gotten a previous manager to sign up for what we thought was an as needed shipment. When I took over I tried to cancel the order since each container of drain cleaner costs around $600 and we already had a back log of 5 since they send it every other month. The salesperson told me that we had to complete our order with 1 more shipment and that was the original purchase deal so I said "fine send it." Now I just received a call from the same sales rep who said "no that was not the original purchase deal. we had signed up for 8." A little back and forth occurred and once I yelled "no this is **", he said fine he would reroute the order and hung up. Unbelievable! This company is obviously one that gets by on sending overpriced products out and lies about the purchasing of the product.

Industrial Chem Labs Company Profile