Stow, OH

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

Aspen Dental Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

Aspen Dental of Merritt Island, replaced my cap that had fallen off. When I received a bill from them I called my insurance co. They asked me to simply have the dentist send a brief explanation as to the work that had been done. After going into the office 3 times they sent it to collections. What a joke, the front desk person said it was because the dentist move around a lot from office to office. This leaves you holding the bag.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I moved to a new state and needed a dentist for a general dental checkup and cleaning. Aspen Dental was listed in my insurance network and had a convenient location so I called for an appointment. I have always taken good care of my teeth and have had very few problems. My previous dentist told me I have a very healthy mouth. I was shocked when the Aspen hygienist told me I periodontal disease, including infection in my gums and bone loss. She said I needed as deep cleaning with follow up cleanings and every 3 months. The dentist then came in and said I had a fractured molar that needed a crown. I was upset and wondered how my healthy mouth could have gotten in such bad shape since my last checkup. I was so stressed I couldn't sleep that night, so I began researching periodontal disease on the internet. I had none of the usual symptoms, like red, painful or bleeding gums, bad breath, etc.

This made me suspicious so I began researching Aspen Dental and found many negative reviews about them. I decided to cancel my deep cleaning appointment and made an appointment with another dentist in my insurance network to get a second opinion, and I am so glad I did. It turns out my gums and teeth are perfectly healthy, no periodontal disease and no fractured molar. I am appalled that Aspen Dental lied to me and were going to do unnecessary procedures just to make money. I saved myself a lot of pain and money by getting that second opinion. Please stay away from Aspen Dental. They are unethical scam artists and thieves!

Original review: July 3, 2019

To begin.... I had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, after a crown, THEY put on, broke off! Appointment was for 1:00. Dentist appeared at 1:30. Rushed thru replacing crown, that I had to file down myself at home! PLUS! NO HELLO- NO GOODBYE.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I went because my insurance, (United Healthcare) has them in the network. Yes I have filed a complaint. I am 50 years old and travel so sometimes go to dental office in the city I happen to be in. This place is a scam on insurance and anyone without it. Bogus and inflated charges for stuff other places charge very little. They offer discounts and then switch to an inflated bull.. Line. Should be class action coming soon.

Original review: June 27, 2019

The worst dental I've ever met!!! I had a routine cleaning at this dental in Feb this year, and they strongly recommended that I get a night guard to prevent tooth grinding while I sleep, and they also mentioned it's covered by my insurance and I don't need to pay. So I agreed to get one (Why not? It's free). A few weeks later I came to the office to do a custom fit mold and a few weeks later I pick it up. However, later I got a bill from them which I owe them $610. I called them and they said the claim was denied by my insurance company and what they said was just an estimate, not the exact amount I need to pay for.

I called my insurance company later and they said night guard was not covered. I feel like it's a big ripoff, and there's no evidences (no recordings) to prove what they said. I called them again and they're willing to cut half of the amount after talked to regional manager, so I need to pay $350 for a custom fit night guard. I searched online and there's a lot of story like this so it's a common scam. You won't take more than 1/3 of the price to get a custom fit night guard online from Amazon. Be aware and stay away from this dental. My dental office is at Woburn, MA and I will switch immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: June 27, 2019

I went to Aspen Dental for consultation which I was told was free. They did X-rays, spoke with the dentist. I was told all my teeth were bad and had bacteria under my gums. I was told it would cost me $6,500 and my insurance wasn't going to pay for it. I couldn't believe what they told me. I went home - called my insurance. They said, Aspen Dental never contacted them. I called another dentist for a second opinion. I was told there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I took the X-rays that Aspen took. They couldn't believe I was told all my teeth needed to be pulled. Always get a second opinion if you're not comfortable with what a dentist tells you. Aspen Dental lied to me about my teeth!! They just wanted the money!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I was having tooth pain and my dentist office was closed on Fridays so I called Aspen Dental. They gave me a 1pm appointment in their Olean office so I headed there. When I arrived there I found their office closed so I called the hotline back and they now inform me that my appointment had been changed to 3pm at their Blasdell office. Mind you I have just driven 20min in 1 direction and now I have to back track and drive an hour the other way. When I arrived I encountered an x-ray tech that didn't care that she was causing me additional pain because she was embedding the x-ray pads into my gums.

Next I went to the exam chair where I was told I needed 6 teeth extracted and some extensive work. They then took me out to the financial manager who then informed me they do not accept my insurance but that I qualify for up to $2000.00 worth of financing and that it would be $992.00 to extract the 6 teeth. Now the kicker they say they cannot pull the tooth that is causing me discomfort today. A total waste of my time. Now the real kicker. I logged in to check on my credit score and notice a $992.00 charge and pay out to Aspen dental. THEY DID NO WORK on me but they charged the finance company. Total bull crap. Stay away from them. I have since filed a fraud complaint and will be pursuing legal action if necessary to have this matter solved.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Day before my appointment I got a voicemail, I called right back and confirmed my appointment. Showed up at 900 for my 930 appointment and was told I wasn’t scheduled. I am done with aspen dental! Yes.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I went into Aspen Dental for dental work, after having an a consultation they told me I needed extensive dental work. After they review what work needed to be done I sat down with an office manager to go over my estimated itemized billing. They gave me a price after my estimated insurance coverage and insurance plan discounts. I promptly paid the set amount given before the work had started. Finally two months later after the work was done they are claiming I owe almost the same amount I paid because they are refusing to give me the plan discounts they “estimated” on the first itemized bill. Watch out for this company. They will rip you off.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My case has been cancelled and rescheduled so many time. I have to keep spending excessive money for work and travel for my implants only to have the dentist leave in the middle of my case. So name impressions and a hour drive one way. Unbelievable to have been told that they now need a "Rep" to to tell them what they need to do to complete my implants!

Original review: June 15, 2019

Very severe tooth pain, I was told earliest to get in was 2 week. Aspen is a joke, a money scam, jacked up prices, false practice about helping you. This is the worst place I've ever been to for any type of dental help. Avoid this joke of a so called dentistry at all cost.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Have never solicited from this company for any services but started receiving daily phone calls about a week ago (2 or 3 a day every day) and have not found a way to directly contact them to stop these calls!!! The calls come at all hours of the day and are often at very inconvenient times. Very very annoying!!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I called the Aspen Dental 'emergency line' on a Sunday to schedule an emergency filling or extraction on filling that had fallen out and was painful. I was set up with a 7:00pm appointment the next day. When I got to the office, they seemed surprised that the call center would tell me that I would be able to get work done that day, but it was a "good thing I got there early" so they could help me. I was taken back about 20 minutes after I arrived, in pain, and given a ton of x-rays. The x-ray technician was nice enough. I was then brought back to wait for the dentist who introduced himself then immediately went to work calling out tooth numbers and what needed to happen to them. I was told I needed every molar extracted and would need partial dentures. I was then sent to meet with the office manager, who pushed me to apply for care credit and laid out a ridiculously expensive care plan that included a $200 tooth brush.

They would not do anything about the tooth that was causing pain that day. The dentist sent two prescriptions to the pharmacy, one for pain meds and one for an antibiotic that I am ALLERGIC to. My pharmacy reached out to them to get something else prescribed and they never responded. I found a reputable dentist who confirmed that I did not need nearly the amount of work done that they stated and helped me with the original issue I went to Aspen for. The whole experience was awful from start to finish. It's much like trying to buy a used car and deal with the finance manager. Stay FAR away from this place.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I first came to ASPEN DENTAL MCD Dentistry PA 9219 US 19 Port Richey, FL 34668. In July 2018, I was diagnosed - Gum Disease - (what is the basis of this diagnosis?). Doctor proposed removal 24 teeth!!!! And make denture temporary and then permanent. After removing the teeth, I was made a temporary incorrect. It was replaced with a new one. I came every week to correct. In March, there was an appointment for the impression for a permanent denture. In March-April I lived in Tampa. They was offered a Tampa office. 3680 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33611. April 1, 2019 in Tampa office, gave me a denture, was impossible to wear. I immediately said this. They was given to me sign the documents. There I noted that the denture was an incorrect, it's terrible looking faсe, it's pain and it's too big. They promised fix it. I come back next day. They tried to fixed but nothing change.

Everything hurts and my mouth does not close and my face looks terrible. I have been assigned more an appointment and it's all the same. As A RESULT, I COULD NOT USE THIS DENTURE FORE A SINGLE DAY. Couple days later in April, I had a plan to go on vacation to Washington DC. I was told that I could go to the Aspen Dental office in Washington DC and they would fix everything. I did not find an Aspen Dental office in Washington DC. April 23 then we returned home to New Port Richey and I made an appointment to go to the office MCD Dentistry PA 9219 US 19 Port Richey, FL 34668 with the same complaints of pain and facial defect. THEY PROMISED FIX BUT COULD NOT FIXED. I WAS ASSIGNED NEW AND NEW APPOINTMENT. Almost 1 time per week.

They promised to fix the denture but could not fix either the appearance of the face and remove the pain. I was assigned new appointments and each time I left hiding my new permanent dentures in the box. And each time they promised fix my problem. Today 6/14/2019 at the appointment they was told that nothing can be changed. Defect face requires a new denture. BUT the time of 90 days has passed. And they will not replace! The pain cannot be removed because you need ALVEOLOPLASTY. Why have I been informed about ALVEOLOPLASTY before? When the doctor saw my bone in April, he did not see it? I was deceived?

The doctor knew that the defect of the face can only be corrected with new dentures and the pain IS POSSIBLE TO BE FIXED ONLY with surgery! Each of my visits I was assigned a new appointment, knowing that it is impossible to correct! Each time I've been given promised they deceived me. The doctor knew that the defect of the face can only be corrected with new dentures and the pain with surgery! Why no one said about it before 3-4 months? Or my bone changed suddenly? Play for time it's that they did! I insist on fixing my denture.

I insist to get an explanation for what reason the doctor did not inform me about surgery when seen problem. I ask you to check the qualifications of the doctors involved in my treatment. Do not believe what they say!!!! They are deceiving and play for time. They promised to correct mistakes. 6 months. Every time they are make a new appointments until the guarantee has been expired. Play for time this is their strategy.

Original review: June 7, 2019

They front a nice office staff and high tech dental machines. They WILL NOT simply clean your teeth, but they will make an appointment to do so. When you get there you’re likely to wait well past your appointment time. Then you’ll be told your cleaning will be done at a separate appointment. Instead you will get a sales pitch, but it will sound like a necessary course of action for a dire situation. Be prepared for a pushy “office manager” to try to convince you to buy a $100+ toothbrush no one needs. The prices for “necessary” services will be quadruple what you’d pay at a reputable dentist office. Gingivitis can be reversed with a good cleaning followed by proper daily brushing and flossing! Google it. Or, ask a dentist who’s not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Original review: June 5, 2019

This has been the most unprofessional dentist I've ever been to in my life. They gave me an upper and lower full denture even though I have no bone to hold the dentures. They charged me an astronomical amount of money for a set of dentures I haven't even been able to wear in 2 years. I'm 37 years old and have absolutely no teeth in my mouth to eat with at all. All they want to do is rip people off and take all their money. I've never been so distraught in my life. I call them again after the hundredth time to hear them say, "You need a new set of dentures." Meanwhile I wore the set I already have once. They are absolutely horrible and they shouldn't even be in business. If you don't mind not having teeth it's worth it rather than paying thousands of dollars not to have teeth anyway. Amanda ** in Sanford, FL.

Original review: June 4, 2019

In calling Aspen Dental emergency line after having complications with an abscessed tooth extraction. FORGET IT!!! They say they will have the doctor call you back but they NEVER do. I had to go to the ER 3 times since they extracted my abscessed tooth. All they want to do is make a fast buck and forget you until they get another sucker to fall for their incompetent services. I could of gone to the most expensive oral surgeon for what it cost me for 3 ER visits. Never even gave me antibiotics. NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!!! MONEY SCAM THAT IS ALL THEY ARE!!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

So this has been the worst experience of my life. So I picked them thinking this would be a good place to go but I was wrong. I paid these people over 2000 dollars for a dental plan that has been somehow overpaid 220 dollars because the math was messed up multiple times. The actual oral surgery was ok but I had went in today for an extraction, scaling and a filling which the filling is not finished as the tooth still has a chip in it. These people didn’t even offer me a ** because apparently the dentist can feel your pain for you and I was told since the tooth was loose there shouldn’t be pain. So later the pain increased to which I called them and Katrina at the office said she would return our call but apparently they closed the office instead.

So we called and got the emergency number three separate times to which we finally got a call back from the answering service cause the dr couldn’t bother to do so. He claimed he had spoke to the dr and they suggested ** and **. Now they don’t read records because I have had the gastric and cannot take NSAIDs and ** hasn’t helped. So yeah that’s my day. To me it is evident that they don’t care about their patients, only the 2000 dollars we paid them. After researching them I have come to wonder if I even needed an extraction because they were quick to add on to the dental plan even including an electric toothbrush I didn’t even ask for.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I went to Aspen Dental on March 25, 2019 and paid my co-pay for a crown to be replace. They did some prep work (build up and impressions) and sent them off to the lab. In the meantime they gave me a temp crown. Immediately, the next day, the temp crown disintegrated, so I go back the next day for another one. That one fell apart within four hours. Being that I don't have time to go to the dentist everyday, I waited for the crown to come in (two weeks). Upon going to have the crown put in they chipped it. So they said they were going to send off for a new one and in the meantime put the chipped one in. Two days later it fell out so go back to get it put back in.

In the ensuing month I have left numerous phone calls and left messages with NO response. The crown falls out last Friday and I finally get in the next Tuesday during my lunch. Talk to the office manager by phone and she blames it on the lab and they are waiting to hear from them. Meanwhile the receptionist says there is no record of another crown being ordered. Waited 45 minutes had to go back to work. I left and this after telling them my root canal is exposed, my tooth and jaw have been throbbing since Sunday. What do I have to do to get this situation fixed??

I called to reschedule, now 2 days later, meanwhile I know I have an infection. When I spoke with them last and said the way I have been treated I don't even want to come back, their response was well go see another dentist. DO NOT go here, this is so unacceptable. My insurance has already paid and I have run out of insurance for the year. Just to let everyone know I have never had to leave a bad review and this has been an awful experience.

Original review: May 18, 2019

My husband and I first visited 6 months ago and thought maybe they would work, staff was okay. They cleaned our teeth, did the full head xrays covered only every 5 years and replaced one of my fillings. They informed my husband his gums required special rinsing, etc. They certainly got the biggest bang for their buck with that first visit. We were scheduled for a cleaning 6 months later.

We arrived at the office and were informed we each owed $100.00 plus for our cleanings. My husband informed the receptionist she was talking nonsense, our dental plan covers cleaning. She went on that we didn't have insurance, but rather a discount plan. 6 months prior we had insurance which they had no problem billing. She agreed to call the number on our insurance card and stated she was unable to contact them and left a message. She said she would call me when she got information. Note: to date, no call.

We called the number on our card when we got home and they answered immediately and said they had no idea why she would say it was a discount plan. I did a review on their website with my experience and it is interesting that they took it down. Today I received a letter stating they have been trying to reach me, not true. We have found a reputable dentist and have NO intention of returning to Aspen Dental or recommending them to anyone.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had a terrible experience. I came in, they said, "Thirty one dollars please." I gave them forty dollars, they said they had no change. Shortly after they said it would be seventy one dollars to get my bottom dentures adjusted. I had the right change. I went back and the Dr. said they were my temps. That I needed new Dentures at a cost of 3,500 dollars. I told them I would check finances. I asked about a refund because they did not adjust them, they said, "No refunds." I stormed out. I found them very unethical, manipulative, and dishonest. The front end was not trained properly. I will never go back. I will never recommend them. I will report them to the ADA and the BBB, and any social media I can find. Curtiss **.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My husband paid Aspen Dental, in Carrollton GA 9 Months ago, over $13,000 in cash. After going to another hygienist for cleaning, I was told I had several crowns on my teeth that were not the proper size for the tooth, causing a problem. This hygienist only does cleanings, so had nothing to gain. I was given a referral sheet, stating my problems and was told to find a real dentist and have these problems corrected. This has been a very expensive lesson. Never will I recommend any Aspen Dental Office to anyone. Aspen Dental does not give any guarantees on crowns, so I have to go find a real dentist.

Original review: May 16, 2019

The staff was friendly and gentle. The problem I have had is them billing my insurance! They said they did and didn't. I confirmed with my provider. The bill I got was ridiculous. My insurance said they would pay an estimated amt that I verified while at their office. I paid the balance before all service was complete. Long story short if they collect insurance money and the payments charged to me then they would profit an extra 600 plus dollars. I have refused to pay anymore and have submitted my own claim. I have tried to call them several times and no one answers the phone. Very unhappy with them and I won't recommend.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Hello, I arrived at Aspen Dental on time for my appointment at 12:45. After a series of paperwork I was taken back to have x-rays and I must say the tech was great. That was where the greatness ended and I met with the hygienist. She explained to me what I needed to do and told me that the rest the dentist would go over. I sat there for a long time and the dentist NEVER came in. So at 2:45 I walked out of their office.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I started going to Aspen Dental for insurance reasons and my new husband was going there at the time. I went in for a cleaning and the hygienist found a crack on my tooth. Dr. ** stated I needed a crown. The next visit was to prepare my tooth for the crown. As he was injecting me with **, I felt a sharp pain shoot through my mouth. I didn't think anything of it because it made the areas near my tooth numb and I didn't feel the work being done on my tooth. Three weeks later my mouth/tongue tingles in some areas, is totally numb in others and I cannot taste on the right side of my mouth. Dr. ** stated that the feeling may all come back, partially come back, or never come back because he damaged a nerve. He wanted me to see an oral surgeon, but refused to pay for it stating that this stuff happens. Please do not risk going there. I would not wish what I am going through on anyone.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been trying to get Aspen to submit my claims to my insurance company so that I can get any refund that I am due. I have called many times and they say it has been done but the insurance company says it has not been received. I have verified both the address and fax number and still nothing. One more contact today and the office personnel say that it will be done. My next step will be to go to the office and pick up the paperwork and send them in myself. Then find another dentist.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I wish my experience was better. I keep going back and going back and going back for readjustment. At one time I even had them remake the whole denture. Now we're working on the bottom ones and at this time I feel like they need to remake the bottom ones again. They just can't get it right. The cheetah too short, too small, big plastic chunks in the back, blisters on the side of my tongue and this dentist cannot hear you. It makes me feel like an animal being herded around.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Once I Express my concerns with the practice They said they would no longer be able to have me as a patient so my dentures still don’t fit my mouth right. I was sexually harassed by one of the workers through text messaging. I felt very uncomfortable even go to the office. I really had a trouble experience. No one reached out to even correct their mistakes.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I scheduled an appointment with Aspen as my DMO has a very limited number of choices in my area. It had been a couple years since my last exam so was expecting a little extra work. I had a full set of x-rays and photos done by a dental technician. I then was led to another room where the dental hygienist came in and did her work up poking and prodding the teeth and gums, calling out numbers like a bingo game as the technician entered them into the computer. Then was told that I had early stages of periodontal disease and would need a deep cleaning and scaling along with various gum treatments to be done in stages.

Finally the dentist arrives and reviews the x-rays and photos telling me i need the full works along with a tiny cavity and a chip in a tooth that should be addressed. Once again escorted from the exam room to the lion's den (finance office). Now comes the damage, treatment for all this comes to a grand total of $5200 but after insurance, cost to me about $3000 out of pocket. Well by the shocked look on my face, the finance person comes back with "Wait, I can apply this coupon to save you about $400." Once again I just stared at him and replied "I don't think so." Again he says "well I can do you a favor and give you a friends and family discount which brings it down to just under $2000." I told him not in my budget at this time and then came the offering of financing to an "affordable" monthly payment plan. At that point I got up and left.

I thought about it after an hour or so and called them back. I asked if I could just get a normal cleaning and polishing of my teeth that my insurance covered and they said unfortunately not and the only way they would proceed was with their prescribed treatment plan. I told them not going to happen and called them a scam. I was told if I wanted my x-rays that I would have to sign a release form. I am going back tomorrow to do just that so see if they release them. My advice, STEER CLEAR of Aspen

Original review: May 9, 2019

Aspen Dental never explained the financial payment plan, nor did they give the name of the FS loan company they use. They put 2 loans on 1 stmt. and said I can only pay 1 at a time. 2nd loan is collecting interest every month. It’s now more than when I started. I called and asked if I can pay on both loans each month. They said no. I am paying 105. And 83.25 is going to interest. They said I had two visits that is why two separate loans. So I asked again I would like to pay on both loans every month. They said no. You have to pay one at a time, while the second loan is just racking on interest each month. For a 2200. Visit I have to pay 9000.00 because they won’t let pay on both visits. Should be something we can do to stop this. I am elderly and on a fixed income. Not very often does a customer want to pay more to avoid the interest charge and they are not letting me do so.

Aspen Dental Company Information