Find a Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: July 23, 2021

I went to Aspen Dental because I thought that they were catering to people without insurance and not a lot of money. After taking the x-rays they told me I needed all kinds of root canals etcetera etcetera. They did not offer me any solution except to pay over $10,000. I have a lot of teeth that just should be pulled out and just get a bridge or full denture. I looked on their website and with full dentures and extraction would come to less than $6,000 but they wanted to charge me $10,700. I called them up and wrote it in an emailed and also called the person in charge and I have not heard back because I told him I don't believe what they are doing is truthful. So they figured by just ignoring me I'll go away but I don't go away easily.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Let me start by saying that I am a professional Corporate Trainer who travels the country to train large companies and HR on Client Experience and Corporate Retention. I have never been upset enough to go directly home to write a review on any service in my life. I am new to Baltimore. I chose this Dental service based on a friend's review and their commercials.

1st visit with X-rays- Cool no complaint!
2nd Visit for Extraction-Good. No complaint!

3rd Visit the office admin tells me that I have to pay 220.00 (approx) for service. I was coming for a filling that cost 26.00 out of pocket. COMPLAINT.

BACKSTORY: On the second visit I was told my out of pocket visit for the extraction was $192 (approx) which I paid in full. Cool. A few weeks later I then called back for an appointment for a filling for $26. I was told then that my insurance kicked back $33.40 for part of the exam/x-ray and $148 for the extraction? I was not notified of this by mail or phone call. I then called my insurance company who advise they (ASPEN) were quoted what the insurance company will pay. I was advised that Aspen cashed the check given to them for my service. I called back and advised the office manager of what my insurance company said, she then advised she would open a case with their "dispute" dept to investigate. Ok...fine.

A week passes by and I show up for my appointment where I am told they didn't get a resolution as of yet and I should pay $220 or I would be denied service for the day. I didn't come prepared to pay or with a credit card that would cover $220.00 I came with $60 cash in my pocket to pay for the filling and overage for the Xray. ($26 + 33.40). I was also advised by my insurance that my portion should have only been $152.70 which included my $50.00 deductible. Was I overcharged by ASPEN? Seem so per my insurance company.

I ASKED THE OFFICE MANAGER, "CAN I BE BILLED?" Before I could offer another solution (such as can I call in the payment when I got home) she said "NO..We don't bill customers". She advised I could not be seen. With that cold non-communicative response, I advised her to "cancel my appointment"...her reply...FINE". Nothing else in the form of offering a better client experience, offering an alternative, caring that I was in pain...nothing. With that said I will find another Dentist. Very disappointed.

This review is not a slight against the Dentist...I am sure they are great. The business practice needs more work. I had to then go to CVS and purchase a temporary Cap and Crown cement to fill the hole in my tooth that is causing pain. What a horrible experience. I don't know who is wrong and who is right as far as my insurance and your staff.... but what I do know is how horrible to set someone out without service in pain. I have insurance, I have paid before, I am not skipping town....You have to have better alternatives and practice in place. What happened to the customer always being right? What happened to the client experience? What happened to CARING SERVICE?

Original review: July 10, 2021

I came to Aspen Dental to get a cavity I knew about filled. While there, they told me that a previous filling of mine was not done correctly and it needed to be replaced. They couldn't get me in for another week. When I came back, we did the 2 fillings and everything and the total cost was $580 dollars. I then had to come back after about 4 days because my entire jaw was in an incredible amount of pain. I waited a couple days just to see if it was pain resulting from the surgery, but no, they failed to fix the 'broken filling'.

I had absolutely no tooth pain before my visit. About a week later I could finally come in to see the doctor that did my fillings, and all she did was take an xray and tell me to come back a week later if the pain was still there. She recommended that I get a root canal instead of fixing the filling that never caused me any trouble in the first place. Mind you, a root canal is about 10x the price of the original filling. Absolutely just money grabbing greedy malpractice.

Original review: July 7, 2021

My experience: Suddenly I was told I needed to have Periodontal treatments due to disease rather than simply having insurance covered teeth cleanings every six months. They were rude and dismissive with my questions concerning this and became very agitated. I chose another dental office for their opinion, they confirmed that dental cleanings every six months and check-ups with x-rays yearly was the work that was necessary. I am nearing seventy years old and I have never been treated as disrespectful as I was by an office staff. The dental office I now go to is far more professional and caring and they treat me like a patient not a customer. To be honest I was already tired of Aspen trying to sell me "special" toothpastes and rinses to make money $ off of me before this. It felt uncomfortable telling them I was not interested yet again (I'm on a fixed-income) and they would become snippy when I would decline.

Original review: June 29, 2021

This location is in Greenville, SC on Woodruff Rd. The front staff is not professional. If they're not holding a personal conversation among themselves they are looking in a mirror while you're standing waiting to check-in. The person in billing doesn't know what he's doing. I had insurance and it wasn't even billed. They just sent my bill to the finance company, and when I inquired about it I received an attitude. I wish there was a zero star to rate these people. I ended up paying the finance company for services I didn't even receive.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I don't think the official "Emblem" of Dentistry is what Aspen Dental stands for. I can't enjoy the luxury of EATING anymore, tasting foods and seasonings has become a thing of the past, when I cook, I can only "hope" dish is seasoned right, because my ability to taste is distorted. The nutrients, I would get from eating certain vegetables are no more, I talk like my "JAW is wired shut". Right now, my ability "to chew" is gone. Either the food gets under my upper plate or the teeth can't break through the "meat or pasta", (not to mention) I had bottom chompers (except for those Dr. ** Sr) took decades ago, I still had the ability to eat pretty much "ANYTHING" without a problem (no pain from my wisdoms) or any teeth in my mouth until I went to ASPEN DENTAL, in FREEPORT ILLINOIS.

I went there to have 2 teeth (in the back) on the upper right extracted, and 2 small holes were forming on the left upper and lower side of my mouth (no pain). I had dental insurance, and I thought I'd use it. I would normally pay cash for any dental problems I had but I found out QUICK dental insurance isn't that beneficial to have.

The dentist I ended up with had his assistants take X-rays, and they looked downright, crazy, he looked in my mouth, and started saying something was wrong with my "gums and teeth", and at first I almost walked out and didn't look back, because I was CONFIDENT in my smile, however, I had a cousin, that died from a "poisonous tooth" so I listened to this "SHYSTER", and what's worse I didn't get a "second or 3rd opinion" until AFTER the fact, he kept saying "Nothing else can be cone", "Nothing else can be done", and then his assistants started going "on and on" about how they take "molds of my original smile", and they have a "LAB ON SITE", and if anything goes wrong with my smile they can take care of it while I wait, they took molds of my mouth, and I NEVER saw the MODEL, they NEVER, measured the dentures to my MOUTH and jaw, but you see they will DOCUMENT "that they did".

I told the finance lady I did not want ANY of the services on my estimated dental plan, because they were "SKY HIGH", if they had "affordable low prices" they "never" discussed them with me. They told me, how nice I will look. They DISTRACT YOU, anyway I was MORE CONCERNED about my HEALTH. So they take me to this finance desk and tell me my insurance "isn't enough to COVER" what is NEEDED to get "MY SMILE back HEALTHY", so they tell me need a dental loan, I ask what the LOAN is for? She says it is "What is needed to to cover your SMILE", they make you feel that EVERYTHING IS COVERED. Obviously I thought that would mean me walking out of here with a SET in my MOUTH!

The dentist prescribed some medicine for me to take for the extractions (a full mouth extraction). Keep in mind I had a decent smile already, I was to take the medication the night before, and before I came in the "day of", so when I got there I was "RELAXED". I was told NOT to get the temporary dentures and I was going to tell the dentist this after the extractions because when I got there I was HIGH", and they went right into it, and I didn't know anything MORE was going to happen THAT DAY besides EXTRACTIONS. I knew what was going on around me but I couldn't talk or really move, so when he pulled that last tooth, I saw him walk away, and an Assistant walk up and stuff something in my mouth to the point "I gagged".

When she saw I was "gagging" when she took it out, she started shaving it, (I thought it was gauze) from the bleeding, but when she shoved it BACK IN and led me to the door, I'm in the crying and my daughter told me I had TEETH in my mouth, I had the temporary dentures I DID NOT want, I NEVER CONFIRMED I wanted. My relatives told me I "did not" NEED THEM. My gums would HEAL without them. I wasn't given the chance tell them that could have been my permanents, as well as the lowers, I told him 2 weeks later AFTER the extraction about how I didn't like the idea of those teeth being "shoved in my mouth" without me having the ability to stop it! I didn't know what was going on and I could stop her. (I told him) "Do you know what that feels like?" I wanted to stop her and I couldn't!

Why there WAS NO DISCUSSION NO CONFIRMATION for temporary dentures? Didn't expect them. They were "HIDEOUS". I looked like a Chess Cat. It was November 2020, I wasn't going anywhere, I had "1000 masks", I didn't NEED THEM, they cost 3 to 500.00 but they charged me 1071.00 for them, and the lower never fit they stopped adjusting and relining those all together because I NEVER wore them (and they knew I didn't). I DID NOT NEED THEM. Low quality, and charged 900.00, and to be put in my mouth at all, once I got them they NEVERRR Fit. I told them, I asked for a "Replacement Pair". They didn't give me one because they were hideous and UGLY.

Fast forwarding to asking about the dentures. They are suppose to Have "Comfylytes". Had a conversation with the dentist because (again) he NEVER showed me any options in sets of Naturalytes, Comylytes, Flexlyltes, went to the finance desk and was shown ONE (widget) pair and told (by the finance girl in December) I was getting a "BUILT pair". I would have to pay 900.00 for the "Comfylytes" so I said maybe later, then, they hold back on information. May 21, 2021 was the day to receive my Built Pair, I go in ready, it's about to over and done with still paying on this LOAN since January, the dentist snatched his money months ago, they ask me "Do you have the 900.00 for your Lower partial"? Huh? I took my upper plate, listened to them LIE, telling me the finance girl FORGOT to tell me I had to pay this 900.00 after all this time (6 Months) and left. Asked for my "money back guarantee".

A regional "Aspen Dental" calls me and tells me she is looking at some document I signed in April on the 30th on my dentist website (for Aspen Dental) where I had a discussion with a finance person and SIGNED the Document, when I was there on "April 30th" getting a 3D scan of my gums for my built set, never talked to anyone. I sign a COVID-19 sheet like everyone does that has an appointment. I demanded to see the Document, went the next day to get it, yeah the date was on the Document BUT NOT MY SIGNATURE, they Approved my money refund, but it was put back on the card for the LOAN and ONLY ASPEN DENTAL has ACCESS to it.

Then they send me a letter telling me I cannot be treated at any Aspen Dental in the U.S. (as if I want to) and I have 30 days to contact them for any information, however, they BLOCKED my phone number A WEEK LATER. LOL! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, I'm waiting to get my lower partials from an EXPERIENCED DENTIST, and that is what I SHALL FOREVER DEAL WITH ASPEN DENTAL are AMATEURS with a year to 5 under their belt, and a hidden AGENDA.

Original review: June 4, 2021

I chose Aspen because they were cheaper than other dentist in my area, first mistake. I go in to 1st. Appointment they assured me my dentures would fit and look great, I had my impressions made and was told they would be ready in a week, I told them I had to have them on time because I was going to Ohio to my granddaughters baby shower, and my grandson was having a going away party since he was moving to OR. They called and said the person that made the teeth had covid and they had to send them to Indiana. Then a week later they called to cancel my appointment they said the place they sent them to had covid as well, I didn't make my the trip to Ohio because I couldn't go with no teeth. Finally I had 11 teeth pulled, 2 broke off and the dentist took some bone off in 3 areas I didn't know about this till that day. I've never been in so much pain in my life.

I was told to wear them overnight, I did, the next day I went back and my gums were hurting really bad, the dentist took my teeth and filled them down and they didn't fit and still don't fit. I went back yesterday and the teeth have been in a cup because they are so big, the girl yesterday said that I'm going to have "floaters." I would have to use a paste to keep them in but that doesn't work they are way too big, I've planned my vacation for the 13th to the 19th, they took more impressions and said come back the 14th. Now I'm leaving the 13th. So they moved it up to the 8th, but I know they wont be ready, the dentist said "You're going to have to deal with it," I went off. He said the only choice was to get implants, I'm on SSI. I can't afford implants or I would have done that to begin with, to say the least.

I'm so unhappy, I have cried over this for the last 2 months and there is nothing I can do. I'm going to ask for a refund and I'll go to the owner to get my money back, I can't go visit my family, I can't go out to eat with friends, I'm just so overwhelmed I don't know what to do. BEWARE OF ASPEN DENTAL. They are terrible..

Original review: May 24, 2021

Two and a half years ago, went to Aspen for implants. At first everything seemed to be going smoothly. I asked Dr. ** why the two new implants were not straight and the other was straight. I was told not to worry, it was fine. I paid $12,000.00 for this. Then, just before everything was done, the oral surgeon wanted another $300.00. Some stupid excuse. A month ago, the last original implant came out. I just had the two that aspen put in. I couldn't get the dental to clip on right. I called aspen and they said to come in and it would be $191.00 for x-rays. I told them I didn't need x-rays, just some kind of alignment. Sandra said I had to have them or they weren't going to see me. Finally, they said I could come in for free.

Dr. ** said he has to adjust them, which he really didn't seem to do. He had an attitude because I mentioned about my complaint from two years ago about the two posts the oral surgeon put in. That now the denture is cutting into my gums. I finally got the denture in but it still cut my gums, the teeth didn't match the upper teeth and I can't chew. Dr. ** said to make an appointment to get some cleaning and some other work for another $1600.00. So, Dr. ** didn't align or fix anything and he sent me a bill for $322.00. I can't eat with these teeth and they hurt. I am not going to pay this bill for something he didn't do.

Original review: May 17, 2021

When I chose to go to Aspen Dental, I did so because though I’d been happy with the dentist I’d been seeing for decades, I had some concrete reasons to be concerned. He was perhaps missing things in my dental care. Though my teeth looked and felt fine, a fresh set of eyes couldn’t hurt, I thought. First off, as a new Aspen Dental patient, I was required to go through a ridiculous amount of x-rays that were not only time-consuming and annoying—but many of them factually painful from the way the x-ray films were placed. “Gee-a lot of our clients are throwing up by now!” one of the technicians cheerfully informed me by the end of the session. I was earnestly too concerned about contemplating the radiation-load my body was undergoing, to be thinking of throwing up. ‘First red flag.

During the following routine dental exam I was told I had “significant” periodontal disease. “Okay,” I thought, “maybe my other dentist WAS missing things.” I was prescribed a set of expensive mouthwashes, treatments and toothpastes to use in combating my “significant” periodontal disease. I was also charged for a $100 electric toothbrush that I hadn’t requested, they hadn’t mentioned, and that I didn’t even catch until I was home reviewing my eye-popping, after-insurance, bill. Of course I was also scheduled for a periodontal cleaning a few days later. I never saw a dentist at this first session—only a dental technician.

'Harboring some doubts but yet intrigued at this point—I showed up for my periodontal cleaning. I wasn’t looking forward to it--friends who had undergone similar procedures reported often having to spend hours in a dental chair, and sometimes even having to have the work split into two separate sessions. I settled back for the work to begin…and within 15-20 minutes was told I was finished. 15-20 minutes? Usually my twice-a-year-routine cleanings take roughly that long.

I checked with the technician: “That was a full periodontal cleaning?” He assured me it was, and told me to be sure to continue using all my special (expensive!) periodontal products. So apparently Aspen Dental can treat “significant periodontal disease” with a load of fluoride-laden care products and a 15 minute cleaning. What miracle workers! The dentist then came in, poked around in my mouth for five minutes, declared everything looked “terrific” and departed. ‘As did I—but not before I paid another exorbitant charge on my bill.

Needless to say, I have never gone back to Aspen Dental. A subsequent appointment with another dentist revealed I had no periodontal disease of any consequence—though that dentist did recommend using a tartar-removing toothpaste and/or mouthwash, of the type that can be purchased in any store. I attempted to use up my Aspen Dental prescribed periodontal products, figuring I had paid for them and may as well use them, but after starting to notice yellowing on my back teeth, and over-all tooth sensitivity, I became concerned about fluorosis from an over-load of fluoride—so I pitched them in the trash. The convenient, available (and *should* be less expensive) concept of "chain-store" health and dental care is an interesting one--but I can't recommend this place. I felt that their concern was far more for the credit limit on my charge card, than for my dental health.

Original review: May 15, 2021

This is a very low quality company! It’s the nightmare! The workers are very rude and have very poor personality. They lies and cheating, they don’t care your health and ONLY cares money. They forced us to buy very expensive tooth brushes and the services price are also very high. They will offered us A long and high fee list even you only want to fix a toothaches or a deep clean. They are hungry for the money!

The worst thing is THIS IS A COMPANY WITHOUT INTEGRITY. They don’t care your time and your feel, they so easily to changed appointments even you already took time off for work. They will tell you there’s no doctor today even you already waited half more hours at your appointment, and they will twist to tell you that they have been called you even you didn’t received any call with the phone list. You don’t want go through all these, THE NIGHTMARE. There are a lot of nice dental cares, find the nice ones who real cares their customer.

Aspen Dental Company Information