Stow, OH

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

Aspen Dental Reviews

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

This place is a joke. If you value your time and money go somewhere else. Turned up yesterday for my appointment and was told they'd have to reschedule. The earliest they could fit me in was 9 months time! This is the 2nd time this has happened with them. Not only that - they charge me for things the insurance covers then getting a refund out of them is close to impossible and they don't refund everything they owe you. I'm done. Time to find a professional dentist instead of these cowboys.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Please find another dentist. It has been almost a year and I have yet been able to eat a single meal using the dentures they sold me. It is now to the point I am taking both the dentist and the office manager to small claims court over the failed service they have provided me. Because the extractions was not to done correctly I had to go to another dentist and have him cut my gums open to remove bones that should have been removed during the extraction. The dentures does not fit at all. When you press on either side of the dentures it rocks from side to side causing the suction to break. Their only way to fix their bad is to pile on the soft liner which adds in causing the denture to break suction.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I chose Aspen Dental because I have no insurance. I have dental issues and some pain and needed help. All of the people I dealt with were very nice and I did not wait long. The dentist advised me that I needed 4 crowns and had gingivitis; total treatment plan was over $5,000.00. I decided to get a second opinion from the local community service dentist because it was much more than I expected. The second dentist told me that there was no need for even 1 crown. She reviewed Aspen's treatment plan and said "well you could do that but I don't see the need". Enough said. No matter how nice they are to you they are only concerned with getting as much money from you as possible. Make sure to get a second opinion if you do decide to use them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I just paid 1900.0000 for a set of dentures that do not fit and I can't wear. I was told that I agreed to the the try ins and that I don't have enough bone for them to fix it. I have to use cushion grip to be able to wear the bottoms and can not wear the uppers at all. I wasted 1900.00 and would not recommend them at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Review for Snellville Ga Aspen Dental location. Not going to lie, service and exam was friendly and thorough. Yes the initial exam and Xrays are free if you do not have insurance but here is were the cons end. I have insurance. My 10/18/19 1:10 appointment was for a cleaning, which NEVER happened, that I arrived early for. Went back for the full mouth xrays then was put in a chair. The hygienist came in did her thing and told me that I needed a $300+ deep cleaning and left. "Can't do it today as I was suppose to be off at one." Hello? Apt was for 110? Obviously no type of cleaning was going to be performed today. The service that my appointment was for.

Next in was the dentist. 15 minute exam later and you have 12 small cavities. Need to set up appointment schedules and payment plan to get started. Sent to front for checkout, told I have great insurance, my out of pocket cost only $1200. Sign up for their payment plan and I'm billed right then, BEFORE ANYTHING is done, $700+. 3 hrs later I leave, tired and hungry. Decide Monday second opinion wanted, call and cancel all procedure apt. Received calls from both the hygienist AND owner asking why. WTREALLY?

The end of November I get a bill from Dent 1st for payment on the $700+ because they never backed out the payment. Had to call back TWICE the beginning of December to get them to issue a credit. December 27th there's another bill payment request for $47, again for service NEVER rendered. I'm having to make MULTIPLE calls AGAIN, to have them issue credit AGAIN, for services NEVER received, AGAIN. Also note that a request for dental xrays was submitted that as of 12/27/19 I still have not received.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I needed to find a local dentist, found Aspen Dental in Royal Palm Beach Florida. I went for my initial consult and the gave me a complete treatment plan. I did a few of the items that were required but left a few things not done. The next visit they scheduled me I had to wait over half an hour before the dentist even came in to see me then had to wait another hour for the work to be done, they overbook appointment which is not fair to have to waste my time while dentist sees other patients. I left that day very unhappy.

Since I didn't complete some of the allotted work I got a crown on one of my teeth because I knew all of my insurance was not used and it wouldn't cost me as much as originally planned. I go for the work and again have to wait a long time due to overbooking. The dentist did the work but left the assistant to finish the crown prep thus causing her to hurt my mouth and me being in a lot of pain. When I went they charged me a price which I paid, go back 2 weeks later only to have a different dentist finish the crown. No other payment was asked for.

Three weeks later I get a bill in the mail for the same amount I had already paid. I call them asking about it. The girl I spoke to didn't seem to know what she was doing and put me on hold for someone else to answer my question and I got a whole explanation that was bull. She claimed it was still due and I was very annoyed that I would have to pay for some much more than I expected. I would have never gotten the work done if that was the case.. I will never use them again due to cost change and time and staff.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

We thought going to Aspen in Chesterfield MI was the answer to a problem I was having with my teeth. After experiencing throat cancer in 2009, the radiation did a number on my gums and teeth. So after 10 years dentures seem to be the answer. Went to Aspen based on their ads and that should have been the first clue that we were making a mistake. Fortunately the top dentures seem to work out fine, but the bottom denture never fit. I was hospitalized for six weeks from May to June 2019 and after returning to aspen, for an permanent bottom denture, the problems began.

From mid July to today December 19, 2019 there have been many adjustments and would have been more but we could not get scheduled. I have not been able to eat since May except for soup and puddings. So today I find out that they now want to charge my 149 for adjustments. When I asked for paperwork that states adjustments will be charged after so many and they said they were never ask that question and would try to find backup for their statement. Satisfaction guaranteed is just a buzz work for Aspen. Do not believe it. Now we have to find another dentist to fix what we already paid for. DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR ADS.... READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

6 months with immediate dentures. Relined every 2 to 3 weeks. Seemed like a caring office. Picked up the permanent dentures and right from the start did not fit despite many adjustments. Dentist made a 2nd set of dentures. Picked these up and seemed to fit. As this day progressed noticing that uppers digging into roof of mouth. Called office this morning to inform I could not swallow while wearing these and stated to me not much that they could do or willing to do. They were real quick to grab my insurance money and cash though. Out 10K and insurance will not cover going to a more professional dentist for 5 yrs.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Went for an exam and cleaning. I have had my teeth cleaned every 6 months for about 65 years. They told me I couldn't have that normal (Prophylaxis) cleaning. I needed to have a $2500 deep cleaning. I told them I didn't want that. I wanted to have the same one that I have had for many years. I was not having any problems with my teeth, but they didn't want my low cost business. Very unprofessional. They will be my dentist as long as I give them the $2500.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Terrible service and product. Had dentures for less than a year and they broke in half. Had a pair from another dentist and lasted 20 years. They Will not return your calls! Now this may cause me health problems cause I cannot eat until I find another dentist to make me another pair which will take time! I Do not recommend this dentist office at all!

Aspen Dental Company Information