Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: July 17, 2020

Thankfully, I came here (This forum) FIRST! BEFORE,... moving forward with treatment!... I did so proactively, because something smelled fishy and red flags were already going up! Foremost, (and the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, as it were..) was their policy that I’m going to pay, in full,. my “Out of pocket”, when I schedule my appointment!? Seriously!?..YES!! They actually want you to pay,... (whatever they claim, your alleged patient portion will be, after insurance) when your appointment is set, often weeks out. Weeks BEFORE any service is rendered! What the..?? I’m 59, I’ve been around the block a few times. I’ve lived in several states and I have had many great and some not so great, providers through the years. But these guys take the cake! Thankfully, I saw this one coming. Aspen Dental is a well honed and lubricated ATM!

So in my case, as others (here) have indicated and mentioned, everything seems on the up and up, with the initial “evaluation”. The Panoramic x-rays, oral examination and such. What you don’t realize at the time, and sadly as so many others have discovered,... what is really happening, can be defined as more akin to, a “valuation”. $$ OF YOU!! So toward the end of their evaluation/valuation routine, there’s this ”financial guy”,.. that just happens to show up and sit in,.. (how convenient is that?) Again, toward the end of the exam. I mean really, I should’ve known right there! First red flag!

Next, you’re ushered into a room, where what unfolds next, is what can only be described as the same exact experience you feel, at a car dealership! “Good news! Your wife only needs 18K worth of work done!” Wow!... “For us today only!??”.... But wait! It gets better!! The same doc that examined her,... had her own practice, a number of years ago, at a time my oral health had gotten away from me. (I’m sure many of you can relate. Family, kids, responsibilities, putting everything and everyone else before you.) Anyway, at that time, this saaaame doc, told me my mouth was a train wreck and I needed $24K of work done!

Later, I found an honest doc that took care of everything for $6K! A decade ago, I’m now 59 with no major issues.... But ehh,... it’s only money.... You know, Just a measly $18,000 difference!... If you’re not feeling it,... a little sarcasm there,... Bottom line, The numbers were constantly in flux, fuzzy and convoluted. A wise man learns from his mistakes. Can you not be considered extremely wise,... to learn from those of others??

Original review: July 16, 2020

Because of how they do business, this may not be the best place to go for dental service! While they have made some effort to resolve my issues with my new dentures, it has not been without a lot of trouble on my part. At one point I thought I would have to secure a lawyer to help me through the process. After my initial visit, there was the presentation and their pricing structure is confusing and I believe it is deceptive. When they made my dentures, the top denture impression was done badly, and the denture did not stay in. Their initial solution was to apply a temporary (lasting about a year) reline. They did this twice and it was done badly both times. Also, during this same time they had a "technician" doing grinding adjustments without using the techniques that a Doctor would use to correctly identify the problem areas.

Finally, they agreed to make I knew impression and hard reline my new teeth. These teeth are OK except for one area that needs a little more work. Today is Thursday and the next time they can see me is next week on Tuesday. I would not recommend Aspen Dental as the best place to go unless you know exactly what to expect and are prepared for a battle to get it done.

Dennis

Original review: July 14, 2020

My boyfriend went to Aspen for a consultation for problems with his teeth. They told him the best option would be to have them all removed and get dentures. After going over everything the total came to about $14,000 (and he doesn't have insurance). We pre-paid and the appointment was scheduled. They scheduled it for 3:30pm in the afternoon. My boyfriend asked them twice if that was enough time to get all his teeth out, put in the two implants for the bottom teeth, etc. They said yes, that's no problem. Three hours into the surgery they removed all but 1 tooth, did not do the implants and the surgeon was very rude. The surgeon told my boyfriend "your teeth were not ready to come out" and "I'm going to be here until 8 tonight and I still have to drive back to Dallas".

At three different times during the extractions my boyfriend had to tell the surgeon to calm down and not get frustrated. My boyfriend even told him that he was going to break his jaw and the surgeon said "that's a real concern right now". Now he has to go back in 3 months for another surgery to have his last wisdom tooth removed and his implants put in and then wait another 3 months to get his permanent teeth. Then on top of all of it, 9 days after the extractions, my boyfriend who is still in a lot of pain and believes they fractured his jaw (even though they said they did an x-ray and it was fractured) was still in a lot of pain.

I called the office on Thursday and left a message about getting him a refill on the pain medication. I received no call back on Friday, so on Monday I called back 3 more times to leave messages and finally got the refill sent to the pharmacy at 7pm on Tuesday. It seems as though they got their money upfront and don't care about the patient.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Very insensitive and uncaring office manager. Tried to explain to office manager that I was afraid and worried about getting xrays for cleaning due to two tumors I had. Her response was in a very flippant tone, "Then explain to me how you expect us to exam you". I was shocked and upset by her lack of compassion. No sense of caring for customers from a manager.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I booked for a 3D xray and CD copy to determine if my jaw was thick enough for implants overseas. I went to local Aspen who did some good work before. I was escorted to a machine. I looked at the machine and repeated I needed a 3D for implants. The young girl confirmed I would be provided this service. It takes only a minute. She pushed me in and out very fast. I repeated I needed the CD. She escorted me back out front and told me to wait and, "They will be with you shortly." After a long wait I asked the counter how long. She said there was no CD but could xerox a copy. After getting bad they took me in back and said they do not have the right machine for what I wanted. They now are destroying my credit as I refuse to pay $199 for a useless xerox of my teeth. They have not responded to my plea.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I went in during COVID 19 because of broken tooth. After having 18+ xrays that we mandated, I was seen by an assistant to evaluate my gums, then a dentist came in & looked at my teeth. I kept asking about my chipped tooth. After they decided I needed a post, deep cleaning & referral to a oral surgeon, they dismissed me. I asked again about my tooth & they filed it & said they would do something when the other work is finished. My insurance covered a small amount but was lead to believe it would all be covered! NOW an appointment where my tooth was fixed & teeth cleaned. So what is all this if not a scam!

Original review: June 22, 2020

The Oak Creek 53154 Aspen Dental charged me more for the amount that I was entitled to pay out of pocket. Above this, I had to request for another round of visit within 2 days as the crown came out and was again charged to putting back the cement on the crown. The same task was done and was charged twice. Good to that one stays out of Aspen Dental, Oak Creek, WI 53154.

Original review: June 16, 2020

First I submit xrays that they said to bring. I'm then told there's a software conflict but I won't be billed for rays, but then am. Had a deep cleaning that I've had many times with other providers. Technician sloppy and inattentive to detail. Dentist comes in and spends (I counted) 12 seconds in my mouth. My bill? $563. I receive billing, go into office and tell them I want to pay off remaining amount. I pay. I get a collection notice because after leaving the office believing I just paid off the entire bill there's, wait for it, MORE. Paid that off and will never return to their office. They just passed up 3 crowns and maintenance. Bottom line, it's about profit not customer care. Warning, do not cross their threshold.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I had dentures made a few years ago at Aspen. They make the upper dentures on site. Since then I have had multiple problems with the teeth falling out. They would "replace" the tooth but they continued to fall out. Finally I insisted they make a new denture and they did but the same problem continued. I personally believe they super glue the teeth in. They are NOT embattled into the gum portion. I have had problem after problem with Aspen and I would never recommend them to anyone!!

Original review: June 7, 2020

What a terrible experience. Absolutely stay away from Aspen Dental in Merritt Island, Florida. I was there 3 times for "deep cleaning" which was a total ripoff. They are not clear about their fees and tell you the fee is higher in the middle of the treatment sequence. Also, they held onto my insurance reimbursement for several months and I had to keep calling them about this. Turnover at the front desk and among the professional staff. It's all about the money with Aspen. They could care less about you as a human being.

Aspen Dental Company Information