Stow, OH

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

Aspen Dental Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The staff are friendly, though ever-changing. I was talked into an implant and given an estimate. I had to go in more than once because they couldn't get it to fit correctly. It still doesn't fit correctly and I am constantly biting my cheek, but I will never go back. I couldn't afford the balance after insurance so I got a care credit card. After the many procedures were all done they told me it would be another $650.00. I told them I would not pay because that was not the agreement and I didn't understand where this amount came from. I never got an explanation. A year later they sent me to collections. They nickel and dime you to death and always add extra treatments that aren't needed. Buyer beware!!!! (Coralville, Iowa)

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My wife went to Aspen Dental on Jan 7 2020. She had 12 upper teeth pulled and fitted with a temporary denture. Her initial visit was to have one broken crown pulled and a tooth added to her partial. Yet she allowed the "dentist" to talk her into a full extraction and denture. She had one molar that was a surgical implant. This dentist just yanked the implant out, which caused damage to her upper jawbone. He then DROPPED that implant from his instrument and it landed inside her throat!!! She has severe pain. She cannot wear the denture. She still cannot eat. She called Aspen yesterday, to be seen for the pain and to have adjustments made. They denied her a visit until 2 weeks. I had to call our attorney. He contacted Aspen and they miraculously got her in today.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

If I could give a minus star, I would. I took my sister-in-law to Aspen in Dickson City when she broke her upper plate. I decided to get the "free" x-rays. I was then asked to sit down where they told me my options. I needed a cleaning, a crown and one tooth refilled. They said my insurance would "only" pay $3000 of it and convinced me to take out a $1,900 loan. They applied an antibiotic to my teeth. Another service was the Oral cancer screening--I will billed for that along with an electric toothbrush that I did not want or ask for. And was charged $125.00. After all this I am now, besides the loan, stuck with an $898.00 bill for the antibiotic put on my teeth that the insurance company did not pay for. They are the biggest rip offs around. Also since the work they did on my teeth, my teeth are extremely sensitive and I have to use a special toothpaste. I would ever recommend them to anybody!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have a dental discount plan and needed a root canal. My fee schedule for this procedure, which involved multi procedures, totaled as $680.00. They tried to charge me $1489.50. When I questioned their overcharge they claimed the work had to be done by an Endodontist and that's why it was $809.50 more than my fee schedule was. When I challenged this the office manager became rude and said he would cancel my appointment and refund my money and we would be done with each other. He then hung up on me. I am 72 years old and have had several root canals from general Dentists. This is not the first time Aspen Dental on University Pkwy in Sarasota FL tried to overcharge me. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I was paying for my daughter to get dentures. Aspen Dental was charging $2657.20 for the premium and final set of dentures that were to be made from the first set. My daughter died during the process of the first set. All Aspen credited the account is $566.00. They had not even started on the premium set of dentures so they had no time or supplies were used. They made $2091.20 for doing absolutely nothing. Not only was I grieving the loss of my daughter. I also got totally screwed from Aspen Dental. I don't know how they can sleep at night!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Aspen Dental uses DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING to con people to come in and then tries to stick it to them. The prices on the WEBSITE are a scam. They will tell you over the Phone, that prices are the cost of the Item. They do take your insurance and that what the insurance pays will be deducted from the WEBSITE PRICE. Check with your Insurance to find out how much they cover. Which I did! Then when you receive your price sheet, you will be shocked (they will try and add a lot of stuff you never ask for, like a lot of rip off scam artist try and do) but that's only the start of it. Once you get them to remove a lot of the stuff you didn't ask for they tell that some of it is required and has to be done to proceed. Cleanings and Fluoride Varnishing???

Now for the biggest scam part< you will find out (because the numbers are still way out of whack) that the website prices are supposedly just for people without insurance. If you have insurance it much higher. They basically naturalize what your insurance pays. They will tell your website says it, but it doesn't and they couldn't show it to me, they tried for 15 minutes and gave up. So I said I want the advertised price and they said, "Well we have it listed as starting pricing, so your price is the original price, and the advertised price doesn't apply to you because you have insurance." JMO Aspen Dental is involved in deceptive advertising < and pulling off a con job on unsuspecting individuals specially seniors.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Sure the exam and x-ray is free. Had to have a simple extraction but was charged for a surgical extraction and they would not refund the difference. I have no benefits. So you're not receiving anything free. They will get your money one way or another. You have to pay before any services are render.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I was in need of a new dentist so I looked at my dental insurance web site and Aspen Dental was listed as an in network provider. I then called for an appointment and asked if they were in network for my insurance. I was told they take my insurance. I went to have the work done (which took hours of waiting to see a dentist). At my first visit I am asked to pay a reasonable amount, figured deductible. My second visit I am asked to pay another small amount, again I figured deductible. Then I receive a bill for several hundred dollars. Apparently the dentist I was assigned was not in network, but the others were, so I get screwed.

I have made 2 calls to get it taken care of, even spoke to the office manager who assured me they would re-submit the claim because the dentist was now in network. So today I receive a "Final Notice" statement in the mail. Guess I get lied to by the staff and am forced to pay because of my bad luck. Bottom line is be sure the doctor you see is in your insurance network.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Initial visit was very welcoming. Had x-rayed, an extensive cleaning & shown my x-rays of my teeth & what had to be done. Never was I given an estimate of what this was going to cost. My Medicare coverage is for free x-rays & a free cleaning. Cleaning ended up not being free. I was not informed this was the case. After all the work was done I was sat down with a future estimate of work needed to be done. Included in this was what it cost me at this appointment which was a whopping $1700+ bill. They put me on a monthly plan of which I signed for and their services. Aren't they supposed to give an approximate estimate before they do the work that I would agree to and sign??

Had some questions about a month later and called twice to talk to the dentist who never got back to me. I ended up going to another dentist. I went into office and signed for digital x-rays to be sent to that dentist and cancelled all future visits plus paid another $102. At initial visit I had already paid them a copay. I am seriously considering going to a lawyer regarding this scam.

Kathy

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

From my first visit on 9/16 to my last visit on 11/15, the dentist and other key staff changed without notification. The office manager changed 3 times (Kimberly, Bryan and Delvecchio). All of this left me feeling uncomfortable since I was planning to have major work done. Simultaneously, after each visit to ASPEN, I would receive notifications from United Concordia, my dental insurance, stating that procedures performed by ASPEN were ineligible under my plan (which I was not informed in advance). The second office manager, Bryan, assured me that I would not be responsible for services not covered under my plan and the letters from my United Concordia specifically stated that, “The Provider has agreed not to bill you for the difference between the PROVIDER’S CHARGE and the allowance for this service.”

Near the end of November, I informed ASPEN that I wasn’t returning, but they continued to leave messages and to schedule me an appointment. I just wanted my account closed but with changes in office managers, they were always too busy to discuss my account and I kept getting conflicting balance amounts that they could not explain or justify. They went from a 0 balance, to a $600 balance, and today they reported a balance of $222.66. During my initial visit to ASPEN, I qualified for dental financing. But, before the services commenced, ASPEN drew down $2,296.74 from Dental Financing.

I made numerous visits to the ASPEN Dental to see the “newest” office manager, Delvecchio, to close out my account, but he was always busy. I have left numerous messages for him, but he doesn’t return my calls. I was finally able to reach Delvecchio this morning. He quickly snapped that he had refunded $2,000 to the finance company but deducted my pending balance – without discussing it with me or receiving my authorization. Having held the money for 3 months without performing the services, the money should have been returned with interest. I have made a report to the Better Business Bureau for the reimbursement of money that Delvecchio unduly and unethically deducted from my account, along with interest since the money was withdrawn and held in abeyance for services not performed.

Aspen Dental Company Information