Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I was in the dentist office for an unrelated matter. I had been having a sensitive tooth when I was brushing. I asked the dentist to take a look. He had me sent for X-rays and after looking at them he said try using Sensodyne. My next visit they had tacked on $166 to my bill. I have since left.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Thanks for a chance to review and share. 45 days-ago I had a morning appointment that took far too long for the free initial exam and x-rays. The initial staff greeter was adequate and the lady taking x-rays was fun to visit with. The wait was quite lengthy even though I had a 1st appointment since many others had a 1st one too it seemed! The dentist was not wearing a COVID-19 or any kind of mask during the exam and walking the halls. His exam was super-fast and then I had a long 25-minute wait for a "cost estimate" which was to $50k remove all teeth for full dentures/implants - and/or some $4k+ bridge work/$1800 deep cleaning. The estimate lady claimed all teeth had some degree of infection, which is not the case since my regular dentist cares for me 2x/year.

I thought Aspen was worth checking out as a lower cost volume dental business model. I got a regional manager, Joshua ** follow-up email to discuss Aspen services but in 40+ days of emails/calls he's been totally evasive and have given up on moving forward with Aspen anything even though that RM may have been able to resolve things. Too bad for them, they lost a customer-patient forever and I see researching them that they have quite a few lawsuits they get involved in. No Thanks Aspen - hope you learn from reviews and survive the pandemic/economic downturn. Best regards and bye-bye.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I recently paid close to $2000.00 for a deposit on a new set of dentures a few weeks ago at the Bluffton, SC office. At that time I was told about a short delay (couple of days) in receiving the final product, but I would receive regular updates. I have yet to have one of the staff members contact me on their own volition. It has been weeks since my impressions have been taken and since anyone has called (I certainly call though); the amazing part is, how they wasted no time cashing my check. When I call, the staff’s attitude has gone from friendly, to overtly ugly and rude. The lies about what I was told are fantastic as well. Unbeknownst to them, come Monday, Aspen will be refunding me in full. Their lack of disrespect and compassion is unfathomable, as I had a front tooth on top break off. It’s humiliating being so young and looking like I do now. The sad part is how they are all aware of this.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I asked my son to get his teeth cleaned before school begins. We are from California. He was given an estimate of $80 something for a cleaning. He went and had a bunch of x-rays. They wanted to charge $30 for a cancer screening. What a joke. Then a small cavity filling and sealant. Then some kind of gum grafting. They wanted over $1,800. I recognized the scam, small fee for exam then upsell. I told him to pay his $30 and get out quick. I will fly him home to California and see our local dentist. My son is 21 and not experienced with scammers. Luckily he called me and we avoided this one.

Original review: July 31, 2020

When calling Aspen Dental Center, new patients are directed to a call center for scheduling; however, you are not told that you are talking to a call center. I asked several questions about my needs and how the dental center might accommodate them. I was promised that I could have work done the same day. I was promised a 20% discount if I did not use my insurance. I was promised that they were less expensive than my regular dentist. Their website also shows lower prices for the work I needed.

I get to the appointment, talk with the receptionist, and find out that none of the promises made to me were true. In fact, this dental center is far more expensive than was originally promised and far more expensive than my regular dentist. Moreover the call center only scheduled me for an exam and not for enough time to get the first stage of my work done, as was promised. I was also informed that they do not offer a discount for not using insurance. Furthermore, I found out that the call center receives a kickback for getting patients in to the office.

To make matters worse, my daughter had to call off work that day because I couldn't watch her children in order to go to the appointment. This is adding insult to injury. It was a costly day for my daughter, and I had no choice but to leave the dental office. Something must be done about these shady, unethical practices. After arrive home from the appointment, I looked into this dental company further and found out that there is a class action lawsuit against them. Don't waste your time going to Aspen Dental.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I scheduled an appt for 1pm 7/30. Filled out forms and said reason for appt, tooth pain. I sat in my car (due to covid) until 1:30. Checked in and had x-rays, sat in chair until 2:45, then was given an estimate for dentures and was told that they did not have time to pull tooth that is killing me. I asked if the tooth is accessed and was told they did not know. Needless to say, I'm finding another dentist.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Aspen Dental is awful to deal with. I had an emergency appointment and when I got there due to COVID I had to wait in the car until I would be called in, okay that was not an issue...but sitting in the car for 45 minutes was an issue and I had to call twice and was finally asked to come into the building and was seen by the dentist, I has an x-Ray which did show a cavity between two teeth that was causing the pain. The dentist said she can take care of that and sent me to the front desk, found out I could not be helped for two weeks! What kind of emergency visit is that?! So, I was just suppose to be in pain for 2 weeks. I declined and a few days later went elsewhere and had the cavity filled right away, the pain was from a cavity right at the nerve. But Aspen was quick to send me a bill and for what? They did nothing!

My husband and I have talked to so many different employees, office manager, billing manager and a few others. After the runaround the billing manager agreed to have me pay 1/2 of the bill and she would take care of the rest. That amount was agreed upon and was paid that same day, manager was suppose to go into my account to remove the remaining balance and show a $0 balance on my account. As of this writing that has not happened, I am so frustrated with Aspen. I would never go back there or advise anyone to go there. It is all about the money, not patient care it seems.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I am very disappointed in this Aspen Dental “West Bend” location. I am experiencing a failed denture repair with them. It lasted one day... I do not recommend them. The denture lab is lacking in skill and talent and should stop charging for repairs. All they do is say the repair will not last and charge you $170.00 for a simple “Acrylic Resin Glue Job” with a polish and a fast turnaround. They should not tell me different. I have proof. Granted, my repair was complicated with implants. I was desperate and paid the price... The lab tech should have seen the weakness in the repair and should not have done it. It was only a couple steps above “Super Glue”. Of course, that kind of repair will not last!! I was expecting more of a professional fix.

I was a fool to trust them. I have gone to a professional dentist and have had my broken denture repaired for an additional $247.00. The denture performs like it was never broken. I lost a week worth of groceries going to “ASPEN DENTAL”. Dentures are like Jewelry. Don’t go cheap with ASPEN DENTAL. The lead dentist offered me a refund. The office manager said I would get it. I respect them for that. The owner “Alison Teske” denied it and that tells me she has a desperation for money. Her facility is nothing more than a “DRIVE THRU DENTAL FRANCHISE” in search for easy and fast profit in her pocket. Go there in desperation and risk of loss of money, James **.

Original review: July 21, 2020

HORRiBLE. HORRIBLE. DO NOT GO. On 5/27 I had my wisdom tooth pulled along with another tooth. Well now I have nerve damage to my tongue and my jaw still hurts. I been 3 times since and so much different information. DR. ** also pulled the wrong tooth. My other wisdom tooth opposite side was impacted and crushing into the tooth beside it. Well he pulled 2 down. I asked on surgery day, "Are you sure that's the right one." 7/20 he said, "Did I pull the right tooth."

My tongue is swollen, itches extremely bad and I drool a little. MY JAW STILL HURTS FROM 5/27 surgery. DR. ** said he may have hit a nerve. With my age it will take longer to heal. Well my father was 80 and had gallbladder surgery at Northside and don't have half the problems I am experiencing. DR. ** didn't do a full exam. He only did an xray and sent me on my way. I wasn't hearing his crazy explanations. He doesn't know what he is doing. He has called twice and left his personal number. PLEASE NEVER GO THERE!! A 1ST AND A LAST!!! THEY ARE CONFUSED!!! I was fine before walking in there because it was reasonable. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Original review: July 18, 2020

Wish I could give zero stars! I have had issues scheduling an emergency appointment...They can get a new customer in next week but a customer who is existing and paid thousands for dentures that claim warranty fittings can't get seen. If I would have known a so called reputable company would give such poor customer service I probably would have gone a cheaper route. The Ocala Florida office still has yet to return my call. I asked for an office manager and was told she was too busy. I called their corporate office. No answer for 2 days and even put a rating on the company web page no response. I would NEVER recommend them to my friends, family, coworkers or anyone who reads my feedback.

Aspen Dental Company Information