Stow, OH

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aspen Dental Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspen Dental?

Original review: July 31, 2018

I've been with Aspen Dental for a very long time and happy. Yesterday I went there not feeling very well. They took x-rays. Couldn't really figure out which tooth was bad or even if it was bad. Went to check out and my insurance would have paid everything but they ask for $76. Now it's lost into their computer system and I probably won't come back and I want my $76 back.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My bridge work area was swollen as it was injected with needle as soon as they did it. They proceeded 2 weeks later to put it in anyway although it was still swollen. My bridge went out of the assistant's hands and landed on a shelf, heard water running but don't know if she really cleaned it. Claimed the swollen would go done literally could drain puss from the gums. Still bothers a lot swelling remains permanently. Now told from another dentist something is wrong under there, only 3 yrs. Insurance won't pay till after 5.

My partial was a downgrade from what I ordered but they claim they couldn't get the other one to fit. According to other dentist and insurance was a downgrade. No credit to my account. And 5 yrs before I can get a new one, can't wear it. Makes me choke and gag when I drink or eat. Also they bill CareCredit right away so you are paying interest on work that is not done yet not to mention inaccurate medical records. Have had numerous medical problems since this, which my doctor stated this has been since my dental work. (Blood work inflammation markers up.)

My husband went to a different Aspen his crowns are bad and once again not past the 5 yrs. Oh one just made 5 yrs. He waited for over a year. His was cracked. Our son went to the same one my husband went to before my husband did. Not happy either. Their easiest fix was to take his teeth out they claimed. I don't know why insurance companies cover a place like this. None of us will ever go back to an Aspen Dental (Brookfield & West Bend). I guess I get stuck paying out of pocket to fix this crap.

Original review: July 30, 2018

My husband had a set of Comfilytes dentures made in Thomaston, Maine in April. We are travelers and chose to have his dentures made at an Aspen Dental since they are nationwide. Now, 3 months later the bottom denture has developed a crack. These dentures have a 7 year warranty. He has been in contact several times with phone representatives of Aspen Dental but the result is always the same, they can't help him. Neither the Santa Fe, New Mexico nor the Clovis, New Mexico office will answer their phones to make an appointment for the denture repair. The last phone conversation ended with her saying we could try next week. This is just Monday! I am frustrated that Aspen Dental does not seem to stand behind their product and refuse to help in any way.

Original review: July 28, 2018

They refused my repair unless I submitted to a full dental exam. It would take days before I could get the exam, therefore days before I could eat solid food. I asked if I could drop off my denture in the morning before work and pick it up after, they refused.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Fraudulent business. After making me wait for 45 minutes, the 'dentist' saw me for 5 minutes then sent me to their billing agent who informed me I needed $2,000 in services. I declined, went to a legitimate dentist who charged me $250. This real dentist sat with me for 15 minutes discussing my dental health and options for moving forward.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I went in for a retreatment of an old root canal. They sat me down and told me that it was preapproved by my insurance company. A few weeks after the procedure I was informed that my insurance company would not pay because it was a re-treat. I got a $2000+ bill and told them to fight it. They tried twice and then informed me that they don't cover re-treats and I am responsible for the bill. They gave me a $1000 discount over the phone, but never sent me the new bill. Today I got a letter that I was referred to a collection agency. I paid the bill, but may have taken a different approach had I not been misinformed. I asked them to send me the pre-approval statement from the insurance company several times to no avail. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

After having a root canal gone bad by Cincinnati Dental in Fairfield, I had it looked at. Turns it was rotting and infection going down my neck. The tooth had to go, fine. But the dentist told the assistant to get me an appointment and schedule a bridge--which was over $1,500! I had to say "WHOA! I don't want a bridge (yet)!" Was then told I HAD TO HAVE extreme periodontal cleaning, which, nothing else can be done until that is done--which was quoted over $3,000, that included a toothbrush for over $100!

This was as I was sitting in some office with a manager, just like when you're buying a used car. I insisted on different estimates, scaling back on different things. Got it down a little, but will get 2nd opinion. Last night I was there for a broken tooth and a young dentist barely looked at me. I had a question about another filling and he snuck a charge on me for $68! It's like being at a used car lot and grocery store checkout line. You have to watch the register or the prices will be wrong! SNEAKY USED CAR DENTISTRY!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went in around the beginning of April 2018, to have a broken tooth repaired. Ended up having 4 fillings, tooth repaired, and then a recap on an old root canal, because the filling on it came out when they repaired the broken tooth. I had this root canal done 12 years ago, and had never had any problems with it. I was charged for that service because I HAD to have it fixed. I was in bad pain, and they told me it should subside in a few days. I was told I had a bad gums, and needed gingivitis treatments. They tried to get me to purchase a toothbrush for 132.00! There are so many more things I could add but time doesn't permit.

I went back to my prior dentist, and they said the tooth that was repaired had a fracture in it and should not have been filled; it needed a crown. Also, another tooth was deeply filled and needed a root canal, which I have since had done. So now I'm facing an extraction tomorrow, from the broken tooth, and owe over $2200.00 in dental fees, plus another 230.00 for the extraction. Mind you, I had NO pain when I originally went in, in April. And since I had dental work with them, I've been in constant pain for 3 months! I do not recommend Aspen to anyone.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've been fortunate enough for most of my life to have healthy teeth. I have never had a cavity or any other major issues. But recently I did get a cavity. I could see a small one, so based on their "affordable" advertisements, I went in to get it filled. My story is very similar to many others I've been reading here. I get many xrays, then the hygienist comes in and does this assessment on my Gums. My Gums are pretty healthy. I floss and take care of them. No soreness, redness and no bleeding. She tells me that I have bad gum disease and will need a deep cleaning that will take a while, but they can get started today. Then the dentist comes in. She tells me that I have one tooth that will need to be pulled and an implant put in. The tooth with the cavity. Well I should think about maybe having a root canal!!!

I'm looking at the xrays, and it's not close to the root. It's like they put this stuff out there and then I wind up looking at them like What??? And then they backtrack and say, “Oh well maybe we can wait on the implant and tooth extraction... And the cavity isn't touching the root right now... But you need the deep gum cleaning.” Then I get taken to this room and handed a piece of paper telling me I need almost 2500.00 worth of work done to my mouth. And most of that is for the very infected Gums. I knew that wasn't right. I told her that I just wanted the cavity filled. The price I had been quoted on the phone just for the filling alone had somehow doubled also. I was told that I could not have my cavity filled without having the very costly deep cleaning which was almost 1500.00 alone, but I could take out a loan to do that.

I knew it was a scam. I could feel it. These people do this all day long, to everyone they possibly can. Some fall for it, and some don't. They acted very irritated when I questioned them. I'll be looking elsewhere for an honest dentist. Please don't go here!!! Trust your instincts! If you haven't had any pain or symptoms at all, and you go in for a simple cleaning or filling and are being told you need thousands of dollars of dental work done for issues you didn’t even know you had... Please leave that office. Get a second opinion. SCAM!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have excellent teeth in great condition. No issues I was aware of. I requested a cleaning only, and of course they immediately demand a full x-ray which I did not want. Then they sat me down to review how much it would cost just to clean my teeth. In the itemized list was an electric toothbrush for $110.00 that was identical to the one I already have. That toothbrush was $35 through Amazon a year ago!

I felt insulted and wondered how many times they successfully rip people off because of added items not requested or even needed. There were other questionable items in the list and I should have walked out straight away but didn't because I thought how bad could it get if I pay attention? Well, they had me come back three times. Each time the amount was higher. When I left their office I asked the office manager to tell me if I was completely paid up, no more surprises, and she said all paid!

Three months later I am receiving bills from them for more money. Based on 30 years of me going to a dentist every six months, I feel that I paid too much already. I feel they created charges to get money from me they didn't need to, and that they overcharged for what I asked for. I feel they are not trustworthy and I would not recommend anyone use these places. Aspen Dental hides costs.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I went for a toothache and ended up having $2100 of work done. The temporary partial they made me hurts and is sitting on bone. This is for my lower molars they pulled out. They have done 5 adjustments and my former dentist did another adjustment but I can't wear them unless I have the bone shaved off which Aspen Dental wants me to pay for plus permanent partials in September. I asked them to either give me a credit for the partials I can't wear towards the bone surgery or the permanent partials and they told me no. So I am paying close to a $1000 for something I cannot wear.

I have lost 28 lbs since April 2018 because I can't eat anything that isn't soft. No meat, nuts, chips, vegetables, fruits, etc. I live on mashed potatoes, pudding, soup, ice cream, etc as I have no molars left in by lower jaw. I believe Aspen Dental is only concerned about how much money they can make off of a person and every time you go see them they come up with something else you need done. I was even told by my former dentist that they pulled 2 teeth that didn't need to be pulled. I truly think that they should be put out of business because they prey on those who either don't have insurance, the elderly or those who come for one treatment and they tell them they need a bunch of other things done. I would highly recommend NO one ever go to them.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My husband and I went to Aspen to get our teeth cleaned because we had moved, we were moving again (full time RVers) and we were in a hurry. We both got gum treatments with antibiotics. We have always gone to the dentist regularly. We left with a $5000 + which we put on CareCredit. In retrospect, we not sure we needed the treatment. They did take off the charges for new toothbrushes we did not need and FOR TWO FUTURE VISITS, when we complained, they did take extra the charges off, but it took several calls. At first, they said the credit to our charge account would take several months. After more calls, they took care of it more promptly. Very difficult to deal with and sneaky. We did not discuss new toothbrushes because even the hygienist agreed that the rechargeable toothbrushes we had were fine. Extremely overpriced.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My husband and I will never ever be back at Rome location -- this is an awful dentist office and everyone has told us that they are a rip off and now we were made believers today. I was asked to come in today when I complained about my service. I can see only one star. Now I know why -- they got our 2,600.00 Dollars and my husband paid it off ahead of time -- I was never told about 400.00 dollars dentures, that we went to check on to start with, that was offered on TV. Anyway -- I went and asked for my teeth after no one came back and Larry and I left and told them that neither one of us would be back again and out the back door we left. I'm really determined to contact 46 News in Atlanta and let them handle this for us. Really I need to talk to someone important. We have had to pay on things that was unreal and us with insurance.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Not at all happy about the experience I encountered today at this place. When I originally called, I informed them that I would need an appoint. for a cleaning & that I would be a new patient. I also told them that my daughter was probably going to be a new patient as well but she had just had a cleaning somewhere else before the new year. I had changed insurance plans & didn't realize how limited I was going to be with options. They told me that I needed an appointment for a consultation, they would then decide on a treatment plan and schedule an appointment based on that outcome. That seemed very odd as no other dentist in my lifetime had ever handled a cleaning appointment in that fashion.

My gut told me this was going to be a waste of time. Upon arrival, we were asked to fill out paperwork, provide my insurance card as well as our SS#. I told her that she wasn't getting my SS# because that's for tax purposes not doctor appointments. She was not happy with that response & had somewhat of a rude about it. Very shortly after completing the paperwork, we were brought in for x-rays. That was quick & the woman was very nice. Loved her. When x-rays were done she brought us to the exam room. Our appointment was for 3 pm. Nobody else came to see us until I went out into the hallway at 4:30 and asked if someone had forgotten us.

Minutes later they finally came in. They looked at my daughter for all of five minutes and only pointed out a broken seal. They took a bit more time with me because they wanted to do a periodontal review that of which was done extremely fast unlike my other dentist who was meticulous. I also went over that I have a chemical sensitivity which doesn't only pertain to chemicals specifically. The list is much broader but it's always much easier for people to grasp when explained that way. We did not want fluoride treatment. Got asked why not. etc. When the woman who came in to actually take the periodontal measurements, she began to explain what she was going to do.

I simply let her know that I understood and knew what she was going to do because I have had it done before. She walked behind my head and my daughter said she gave a look of WTF to the other woman in the room. I saw my daughter's face when this happened so I knew something was up. THEN, another guy comes in and walks us to another room to review the "treatment plan" and costs involved. I felt like I was being escorted around to buy a car. My daughter's plan was a teeth cleaning and a sealant replacement. I had to remind them that she had already had a cleaning. They removed that charge and we were left with $20 for a sealant replacement.

My charges, however, were much higher. They threw in electric toothbrush, $50 prescription toothpaste, $50 Cancer screening, full periodontal cleaning & maintenance charges. Hundreds of dollars and full of unnecessary items. That was outside of what my insurance was covering. I told him what he was going to remove and his reply was that he was going to go get the hygienist to get "permission" to remove the items I was questioning. So, she comes back into the room to now tell me why they need to stay. I reminded her that I have a chemical sensitivity never mind that I'm not paying $50 for a small tube of toothpaste. She wanted to see the list of things that I could not come in contact with due to my chemical sensitivity because they needed to have that on file. As if this was a debate.

The guy wanted to write them all down. I told them they would be here a while & after I showed them the list, he said "no, I'm not writing all of that". They finally agreed to remove the items off of the "plan". The only appointments that they had were for August. I said to him, "there seemed to be a sense of urgency for me to have this treatment but yet we are scheduling this for August", and that just didn't make sense to me. They definitely did not like me questioning everything. I can absolutely see how someone who doesn't do that gets robbed. Mind you, I typically get a cleaning every year and I floss every day sometimes several times a day. I'm meticulous about my mouth cleaning. My other dentist never had any issues and at one visit did not understand why I come because my teeth are so clean.

So, for this dentist to tell me I need all of this deep cleaning and then follow up appointments every 3 months seems to be a radical difference than what others have told me. I called my insurance company to alert them of my experience because they were ultimately going to pay in some part of this inflated bill they were presenting me with. The only other place that would be in network was the same franchise type establishment. I have to call to cancel in the morning because I would much rather pay out of pocket and go see someone trustworthy at my expense than to see a facility like this. I've learned my lesson and next enrollment I will be upgrading my insurance plan.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Both my husband and I got dentures thru Aspen Dental, mine went pretty well but hubby had a really bad time, lots of bone fragments left and caused a lot of pain and his dentures have never fit well. Both of us have experienced teeth falling out on numerous occasions and his bottom denture broke in half. When trying to get appointments to repair the loose teeth they make you wait days saying no one is available or too busy. I've resorted in repairing them myself because I work with the public and refuse to talk to people with missing teeth.

Original review: June 25, 2018

If I could give NO stars, I would. Went for a root canal, and wound up with Dr. K. ** doing a butcher job of an extraction that took an hour and a half - pure torture. On top of that, she left the root and piece of tooth, AND hit a nerve, causing numbness in my upper lip and part of my nose. I was told to come back, and given a 4:00 appt. I waited until 5:30 to see the dentist, he took an x-ray and confirmed the problem, but said he didn't have time to fix it, and I would have to come back the next day! Are you kidding me?

I went to another dentist for a root canal, was told she had caused extensive bone loss, and I will have to have surgery to replace it. Aspen won’t even reimburse the cost of the root canal, never mind take responsibility for the damages! This is the WORST place I've ever been to. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the dried blood stains on the floor, and the disgusting TV monitor covered with spray. Yuck! Just avoid at all costs!

Original review: June 24, 2018

We will start here, they were very good at getting you financed. Then it all started, went in to have several teeth pulled for a denture. The Dr. after sticking me like 20 times with the **, then standing around for an hour, finally decides to start pulling teeth. Well he got half way thru the first tooth, put his arms up in the air and said, “Well it's 6 o’clock, time to go home.” Sends me out on a Friday with a half pulled tooth and says, “Well we will have to get the dental surgeon to remove the teeth.” Well after a battle they finally agreed to pay it and me suffering for a few days with a half broken tooth.

4 years later the upper denture still doesn’t fit right, and when I go for an adjustment, they treat me like crap because I called and complained to the consumer department. They tell you comfy fit, my ** feel like I have someone heel in my mouth. Can’t wait to get home every day to take them out. They tell you if you’re not happy they will replace them at no charge, another lie. I’ve tried three different places and they treat me the same. They must of red flagged me because I complained to their main office. The last time I went first thing Dr. did was to start poking at my other teeth, and says to me why do I have a temporary filling in a tooth. I said, “Why don’t you tell me. Your office put it in couple years before,” she shut right up and moved on.

So back to the denture, the temporary one they give you was pathetic. Looks like they used the same size teeth on the whole thing. No center. The teeth were right in the middle. Swear they gave me one they made for someone else. All they did was keep packing the inside with pink goo to make them fit. Aspen Dental is a bad place. They rip you off. They lie about all the benefits you get from doing business with them. I would rather have a farmer work on my teeth. They still have never made good on any of their promises. Good luck, they should be closed down.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Aspen Dental Springfield MO, Kansas PKWY location - Here’s the story... The other day the dentist told me I had gingivitis without even looking in my mouth and wanted to give me an $800 treatment. I said, "No. I just want a reg cleaning." Today the hygienist insisted I have gingivitis. I told her point blank that I don’t. She was rough with the floss like she was trying to make my gums bleed. When I complained about it hurting she said that was because my gums are tender. But my gums are fine. They scam people into expensive treatments. I looked up gingivitis and I have no symptoms. I’m nobody’s fool I will NEVER go back there.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have a long time fear of the dentist. My husband had a bad experience with a different location. However the new Leesburg Florida location at 10430 US Hwy 441, is Great!!! From my first phone call to my visit today, I have been treated better than family. I went in with a broken tooth and 20 years of neglect. They were gentle and thorough making sure to answer all my question providing all info up front and given the option of what to proceed with. Yes it cost and yes they deserve it. I would tell the world about this wonderful location. Services provided 2 teeth surgeries, two bridges, 4 cavities, 1 root canal and crown. All completed within a week except for the final bridges you must heal for proper fit.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Aspen Dental wanted to do a procedure that would cost me $3,000. I went to get another opinion at a different dentist. They said that procedure was not needed and all I need is a good cleaning. I saved $2,800 by not going to Aspen! They rip you off and try to do unnecessary work! Don’t go there!

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I first went to Aspen I had a tooth that was bothering, the dentist said I needed a crown but no root canal. Okay sounded about right, then I was told I needed some type of deep cleaning that insurance didn't cover and that would have to be done before they would do my crown, so they asked for $969 before they would do anything. Then on the next visit they asked for $200 more, then today I go and they need $400+ more and I have had done is a deep clean, I haven't even been fitted or whatever for my crown or even gotten the temp. crown but they want $1600 before ummm I get my crown...

The lady kept saying 60% blah blah blah and she doesn't know why it hasn't been collected, blah, blah, blah... And they have already sent $1100 through my insurance. Yep so far I have paid $1100 and my insurance has paid $1100 and I have had my teeth cleaned... Never again. I told them where to go and I will be getting my crown at a dentist that is honest and not trying to be the "used car dealership" of dentist... And oh a $135 toothbrush... wtf. Do not go there.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I’m on my third week of not having my new dentures. I was told that they would be ready when I got my teeth pulled. When I got them I had the biggest buck teeth and they hurt so bad I could not put them in. I’ve already been charged for them. Got a bill for them and I don’t even have my teeth yet. I think you better fix it because I’m not paying the credit card payment that you set me up with until I have my dentures. I’m not paying for something I don’t have. Whoever made this set of dentures has no business making dentures. My teeth never looked like this. It’s hideous and embarrassing and downright ugly. About the most expensive set you have and this is what I ended up with.

So I’m going around with no teeth when I was promised them on the day I got my teeth pulled. I have spent a fortune on gas for unnecessary trips that I’ve had to make back out there which is a three hour round-trip. I believe I should be compensated for my gas and my time for making all the extra trips to Farmington from Cape Girardeau Missouri for their screwup. Why did you charge him to the card before I ever got them done. I don’t understand that. I was also put in April billing cycle when I didn’t even come there till the end of May. I’m one very very unhappy pissed off patient.

I’m going to my attorney and see what can be done about this. This is humiliating running around with no teeth. I can’t talk with these buck teeth and spit comes out my mouth when I do try to talk. They should’ve never happened. I should’ve got my dentures when I was told I would and I should’ve never been charge for them until after I had them. Something needs to be done. I want to be compensated for all my gas money and my dime for coming up there making unnecessary trips.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This business engages in bad faith business practices. They demanded payment for services that they did not disclose were being performed nor did they ever disclose the cost for the services until after they were performed. Very dishonest! My first phone call was to inquire about the cost of a cleaning prior to ever scheduling an appointment. Cost $$84. First visit I was told in advance the cleaning would be $84. At Checkout was charged $84. My 2nd cleaning I assumed would be the same as the first. No mention was made at check in nor at ANY time. Upon check-out a payment of $187 was demanded! I never agreed to these charges. Very dishonest. A company should not be allowed to trick consumers like this.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I had all my teeth pulled in Feb 17 and have constantly had trouble with them. They told me that I should not have them pulled, a money grab, that I should have them all repaired. This would have cost me over 20 grand. I went again today and was told I needed implants to hold my dentures, another money grab. Be careful using them. They always say it can be financed. Meanwhile I am gumming everything. To top it all off, they left a hole into my sinus open and a root left in my gum.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Got 3000 dollars upfront for services and a lot of hype and did not get near that. Was told cap was on special and when I confronted them with that they adjusted it but said they had to call the office first. I put the money up for a friend of mine to get this work done. Said they would whiten teeth, never happened. Put the crown in but was already partially done but was charged accordingly. Were supposed to fill in a front tooth that had been chipped for some time and also at the same time had a partial made that involved two teeth and it still does not fit right.

Was told to run under hot water, but have never seen the dentist since it was finished. Even for the initial placement. Was told they would whiten the teeth that were mine, that did not happen. Was put in by an aide and I was shoved out the door. Never feel they are trying after a couple of months to get me in for another 200.00 cleaning. Guess you know where they can stick that cleaning. Will be getting a lawyer today and see what can be done. Am finished with these fly by nighters. They are as bad as super cut haircuts. Get them in. Get them out and take the money and run. If you're in Bradenton I advise a private dentist group for your needs. Will not cost any more.

Original review: June 7, 2018

On my first visit, I found out that I would have to come back for the cleaning I thought I had signed up for. Based on the x-rays taken and a quick going over, the dentist told me I had three little cavities and the hygienist said I had pretty bad bone recession and might require a deep cleaning. (I think I might have been told this at some other point in my life). Then I had to sit down to discuss the charges/payment in another office which has never happened before at any dentist. Usually, a dentist would always bring in an estimate and discuss the procedures. When the estimate printout showed that they would charge the insurance company $228.00 per filling, something felt wrong. Especially as I "could finance". At that point I felt like I had been herded down an assembly line. Sitting down with four separate people took a long time out of my day!

I went to another well reviewed private dentist the next week. I'd have no insurance coverage and I'd have to pay out of pocket. He found I did not have any cavities, and he did not see any evidence of bone recession. The entire cleaning cost me $200.00 and was very professional. Before moving to Savannah, my dentist was rated as a top doctor in Portland, OR, and I saw him faithfully every six months. I left my private dentist feeling I had been played at Aspen Dental. If they had done any drilling, they would have done unnecessary damage to my teeth. A deep cleaning to prevent "further bone recession" would have been uncomfortable, invasive, and not needed. Aspen Dentistry did not come off as ethical. I'm glad I listened to my intuition, but others may not be so lucky.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This the worst place you can go to. They told me I need three filling and a crown. I had just left another dentist. I guess about 3 days ago and they told said I only need two filling so I went back for them to do my teeth and he drilled and drilled then he went to the other teeth that was just broke off in the past. I just had a feeling the teeth didn't hurt at all. That's why they only did the filling. I left out of there. My face was so numb up to my ear. They didn't give me no prescription or nothing for the pain until I called to cancel for the crown they wanted to put in my mouth.

It's been 3 weeks and my mouth still hurts. I can't chew a simple piece of gum without it. Feel like somebody stabbing me. Remember I went in there with no pain but let me tell you about the reception. I told her that the crown came off the same day. She said that's why they call it a temporary crown. I had call about my dental records. The man said I could come get a copy but when I get there she had gave me a paper copy. I went back to let her know I needed something better than that. She said that's all she can give me.

Am going back in the morning as soon as they open up and tell them somebody need to look at my mouth because I shouldn't wake up in pain or my mouth with bleeding, I'm going to ask for my records again. I am paying for them. What are y'all hiding and the reason why you don't want me to see my dental records. 6/5/18 I went back to tell them about my mouth. They wanted to do something I don't. I wasn't trying to hear anything. I just told them to pull it. I will never go back to them. Yes they just rip off. I thought they supposed to sew your gum up where they pull the teeth out. Well if they do they didn't she pull it and send me on out the door (SECOND OPINION BETTER YET JUST STAY AWAY FROM THEM).

Original review: June 6, 2018

Terrible service. Got some work done there a few months ago. They told me it was going to be x amount. Didn't have enough money to cover it so they offered a credit card. Took the card... Paid for the entire service. Then get a letter in the mail about some money I owe them. Call them. They said just to ignore it... I ignored it then I got another one. Called them, left a message, never got a callback. Called them again they said, "Oh yeah that was because the insurance didn't cover as much as we expected." Okay fine. Let me pay it with the credit card I was forced to get in order to get the service. "We can't take that over the phone. That has to be done in person." They're not open on the weekend. I work the same time they're open and my boyfriend and I share a car so by the time I got out he'd be using it so I couldn't get there for the one hour they're open for anyway. So I explained this dozens of times.

So get this. I go in and give them the credit card finally and they said it was too late for me to use the credit card because it has a sixty day period from when you got the service to pay up. Didn't know any of this. So the lady at the front desk said she'd charge me for another visit so that she could pay the bill with the Genesis credit and then null it on my insurance so I can still be seen in June. She said she'd call me back to let me know if it worked or if there were issues. Never did. I just get a collections notice in the mail for the very bill she said she'd take care of... I call them and all they said was, "I don't know why she said she'd do that." But just kept repeating Genesis has a sixty day period.

All of this would not have happened if they were upfront about the bill. They answered my calls when I called and called me with said issues... I mean ** I didn't even know my insurance didn't cover a fraction of it until months later then by the time I was alerted I had a couple weeks before Genesis' due date. Absolutely terrible service. They don't know how to communicate. They are not willing to work with you. Their billing department is ** trash. Do not go here!!! Save your money and go to an actual reputable place that actually cares about the customer and are willing to work with them. I will never recommend them. As a matter of fact I will always bring this story up to anyone thinking of going there!

P.S. While you're there the staff is super unprofessional talking to one another during time with patients and the dentist. Also They're not prepared during procedures. A couple times being there the people working in my mouth had to stop what they were doing to get something else making the time in the chair much longer than it had to be. Also I am not sure her name she's an Indian woman is cold and abrasive. When I asked her questions about the procedures and what some of the things she was saying meant she immediately got impatient with me acting as if I shouldn't even be asking. And she has this she's the doctor so just listen to her kind of attitude. Super condescending.

I can't even stress to you the billing departments **. Every other business you can pay your bills online or over the phone. Also they warn you a dozen times before something goes to collections. And are willing to work with you so that the bill gets paid. There was nothing being done. As a matter of fact it was because of poor communication and untrained ignorant employees that the bill went to collections to begin with.

I mean when I went to pay it face to face with the credit card the woman took down all my info because I was in a rush and had to go. Said she'd charge my card and if it didn't work she'd call me. Never got the call. Assumed it worked. If she had called me to tell me it didn't work like she was supposed to I would've paid with my debit card right then and there. I had the money which I told them I just wanted to use the credit card because that's what I got it for. For the dentist. Can't use it anywhere else. So instead of calling me to warn me so I can pay them they send it to collections.

Update. My bf pays the bills it submits twice... Fast forward a couple days. He asks them for a refund. The stupid receptionist refunded my Genesis credit card which can't be used anywhere else and that he can't even use. So they didn't even give my boyfriend back his money. As a matter of fact they gave it to someone else. I mean yes it was given to me and I can pay it back to him but it shouldn't have gotten put on my card. It should've been put on his. So he says, "Can you refund me." They said they couldn't because he submitted the payment on a secure site and don't have his card info. None of this even made sense. They said he'd have to call Genesis to get the money back...

I call Genesis. They said I would have to get the refund from Aspen Dental not them... Aspen Dental said to get the refund from Genesis. It's unbelievable. All of this could've been avoided if they told me the bill upfront and actually communicated with me and kept me in the loop. Nope. Left a review on Google and those sheisty ** managed to take it down. Not only that I can't see the review but none of my friends can. No one can find it. Which means they definitely pay someone to manipulate Google reviews. Sheisty business. I posted this complaint on Yelp and also on BBB and reached out to a representative there... Hopefully something can be done about my credit score but I am a little hopeless at this point. My credit score shouldn't even have been affected... Because of some dumb receptionists billing agents.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This dentist office should be shut down. We changed dentist and selected them because our other dentist office went through a change and we didn't like it so decided to move and Aspen Dental. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! They have canceled both initial visits for our kids and they have not been seen in over a year and they seemed like they didn't care. Their excuse both times was that they had no dentist available. They also did see my wife and gave her some BS that she had a mouth disease and that was proven not true. They are nothing but a scam and should be shut down or investigated to why they treat their patients this way.

Original review: June 5, 2018

When I went to Aspen Dental as a new patient I was very impressed with the dentist and her staff. I went in for a routine cleaning and was surprised to learn I needed $3000 worth of dental work. I have never in my life paid for services before they were done. But I agreed to go through their credit people and finance the work. Before the work was even started, the finance charges started. I was led to believe that claims were being filed with my dental insurance company and after several months of waiting, I called my insurance company. No claims had been filed. I wish I had researched this company before going there. I will be going back to my previous dentist from now on. Expensive lesson learned.

Aspen Dental Company Information