Dentaland Dental Centers

Coral Springs, FL

Compare Dentists and Doctors

Research top Dentists and Doctors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am writing this for a friend, in his words. I am an 88 yr old man trying to get by on Social Security. Sept. I had a coupon for a free exam at Dentaland, now Great Expressions. Needing 2 teeth to be removed, I made an appointment. After the exam, Dr. ** handed me a treatment plan which wasn't clearly explained to me. Dr. ** asked if I wanted to get started right away and, assuming he was referring to removing the two teeth, I said yes. That is all I wanted done. I was then taken to the office to speak with Care Credit who told them I was good for ten thousand dollars credit. I do not hear well and would have appreciated more time to ask questions. I never would have agreed and was not aware of the plan to remove a perfectly good bridge with the replacement of a new one (5 teeth @ $990.00 each). Once they started, I had no time to object. Why would an ethical dentist even consider doing that to an 87-year-old person?

The plan called for the removal of an upper tooth and a new upper partial ($975.00). The first time they tried the partial for fit, it didn't fit. There was a big gap where the tooth had been removed. Impressions must have been done before the tooth was removed. The completed partial is very poorly made, does not fit properly with too much metal and a wire visibly protruding between two teeth. Not at the top but half way down. After all this they informed me that I needed a bottom partial which was not on the plan and would be about another thousand dollars. It is obvious to me that these people care nothing about treating patients properly, only about how much costly unneeded work they can foist on them.

My daughter had a referral for a simple biopsy of a lesion on the lateral border of her tongue. When she called Dentaland in Boynton Beach, she asked for an appointment and read the referral to the staff member who answered the phone. Immediately my daughter was told that because she wasn't a patient of Dentaland; she would need to have full set of x-rays, examination from the dentist and a consultation and then he will decide if she needed a biopsy. After protesting and explaining that she just came from her dentist and he referred her to an oral surgeon for the biopsy, they put me on hold for ten minutes.

Eventually she gave me an appointment when we arrived at the scheduled appointment the next day, we sat and waited for twenty minutes before she was given paperwork to fill out. Another ten to fifteen minutes later she was taken in to the examination room. Waiting another ten minutes for the oral surgeon to come to perform the procedure. A dental assistant came in to the room and asked my daughter if her wisdom teeth had been removed. She said yes, and told her the office need to see the x-rays. Then the doctor requested me to call the dentist to sent the x-rays. I explained that it was not necessary because all that needed to be done was a biopsy of the tongue, her wisdom teeth had nothing to do with the reason for her appointment.

Then, we waited 20 minutes for another doctor to come and examine my daughter's tongue. He said that the procedure was simple, to remove the lesion and send it to a lab. We clarified that the purpose of the visit was exactly that, a biopsy. After he told us that, he went to attend another patient at the same time. Afterwards, another lady told us to wait until the ladies at the front desk had the exact cost of the procedure, and then we would be attended. We were there for another 20 minutes.

We won't recommend this place because apart from making patients lose their time, they're disorganized in their office and they don't concentrate in their tasks and they try to perform unnecessary procedures with out of pocket expenses. I talked with the manager about the cost and they never gave me options about the procedure. The office manager show me the billing codes and informed me what was covered by my insurance and what wasn't covered when I questioned what the Nitrous oxide was. The manager explained that it was a form of anesthesia and it isn't covered. When I asked if it was necessary I was told that most patients like it but wasn't given any options until I protested. In conclusion, stay away from this place, because the service is terrible.

I scheduled an appointment for an x-ray and a cleaning. After filling out all of the paperwork I waited for 30 minutes before entering into the dentist chair. After the x-ray they proceeded to tell me how bad my teeth were and the imminent procedures that needed to be done. Literally to the tune of ten thousand dollars. Mind you I go to the dentist regularly and never had a problem with my teeth and/or gums. They made it seems as if my teeth were gonna fall out right there on the spot. Ironically all of the work that was recommended was not covered by my insurance. Naturally I took it all with a grain of salt and asked them to simply clean my teeth as scheduled.

After sitting in the chair for another 15 - 20 minutes another representative comes in. I'm thinking it's the hygienist. Boy was I wrong, she was yet another bearer of bad news. She insisted I needed what they call a deep cleaning/scraping, which was close to $200.00 out of pocket above and beyond what my insurance covered. Now I'm beginning to get the picture with their scare tactics, and cost associated with what they were doing. I literally felt I was in a used car dealership. I insisted to speak again with the doctor. I was denied! Not only that, they even denied me for my scheduled cleaning simply because I refused to come out of pocket for the more expensive car... I mean cleaning. Real calculated charlatans.

At the end of the day I lost a day of work and got absolutely nothing accomplished. Went back to my old dentist. She cleaned my teeth and said your "teeth are beautiful and healthy!" Wow!!! "STAY AWAY" from Dentaland of Coral Springs located in the mall. They are calculated thieves and prey on the unexpected. It actually seemed as if they were trained to do such atrocities to unexpected patients! Dentaland of Coral Springs should be sanctioned and closed for good!

I have never written a bad review before. What I usually do when I'm not satisfied with service is to simply stop using that service. However, many important things about Dentaland at Boynton Beach were so compellingly wrong that I feel a responsibility to alert other people about this place. In this review, I will only address three issues:

1. Long wait time at lobby. My wife and I have gone only two times each to Dentaland, Boynton Beach. We have waited for more than 20 minutes each time. The last time I went there, I actually had an appointment at 11:00 am on a Saturday. This was a follow-up appointment as one of my teeth had been bothering me. On Friday, I called them to reschedule for 11:30 as I was afraid I was going to be late. I arrived at 11:29 for an opinion from a root canal specialist. They let me into the dentist room at around 11:45 and I sat there for additional 20 minutes when another doctor came to see me around 12:05.

He looked at some paperwork, and told me that I should have come back earlier as he had recommended to remove some caps in my molars which were probably responsible for the pain I was having. I responded that I hadn't come back because the price he had given me was very high. He left, after giving me unprofessional advice, and I sat there for 30 additional minutes until the root canal specialist came to see me. He looked at the X-rays and told me to come back if it was hurting me. Nothing more.

2. Inflated costs. The procedure this doctor I referenced before had recommended was not covered by my insurance. There were other things he could have done but he was adamant about me getting this procedure. When I asked other places for the cost of this procedure, it was much, much cheaper. My wife also got the impression that they were trying to look for things so we pay out of pocket and not with insurance.

3. Lack of professionalism. The doctor that visited me reacted with astonishing lack of professionalism when I told him that I hadn't come back because the procedure he had recommended was very expensive. He asked me to "just simply take a nap" when/if my tooth hurt again. My wife and I were simply ready to stop our relationship with Dentaland, but the doctor's remarks compelled me to write this review. I must say however, that I applaud that most of the people that work in the clerical office are bilingual and very personable. During my long wait in the lobby, I witnessed very kind and patient conversations with the patients in both English and Spanish. It is a shame that the doctors, and especially this older and unprofessional doctor who is the one that seems to run Dentaland Boynton is giving a bad name to the whole office.

Went to this dental facility because it was on my insurance plan and they fit me in for an emergency appointment due to severe dental pain. However, they said the root canal procedure had to be pre-approved and would take 7-10 days to get a letter from the insurance company. I called the insurance company the following day and was told that if the request for coverage confirmation was submitted as an emergency, an immediate decision is made. I was also told that they had not received anything from Dentaland. I then called Dentaland back and was disconnected twice. When I finally spoke to someone I was told that is their procedure. When I questioned how they could expect someone in severe pain to wait, she was unmoved. I asked if we could at least get the appointment scheduled and was given a date nearly 4 weeks later. I have never heard of a medical facility so uncaring, so unhelpful, so unwilling to do provide quality patient care with such poor customer service. A young staff with no manager to assist with the situation. Stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dentaland Dental Centers?

I was emailed a Dentaland customer service survey, and was requested by Dentaland to rate my experience. I expressed their lack of patient empathy and a cold calculated focus on profit that permeated my visit. I remarked of the poor state of cleaning and hygiene I witnessed. I gave them a poor rating. I was contacted a few days later by the office manager of the Ft. Pierce office and was told that my scheduled cleaning and cavity repair (a filling done by them) was to be cancelled due to my survey response. It just so happens these two procedures were covered by my plan and held very little to no profit for Dentaland. I was also told my clay cast study was destroyed. This was the only complete intact study of my original teeth prior to extractions performed by Dentaland. To Dentaland Inc., A BLIGHT ON YOUR HOUSES! A POX ON YOU AND YOURS! MAY ALL YOUR ILL-GOTTEN MONEY TURN TO SORROW AND ASH!

I had a very frustrating experience with this Dental office.

My children's dental insurance does not cover pediatrics. I took them for a cleaning and checkup. The regular dentist saw my kids and she was not very nice to them. She seemed irritated that she had to service my boys (ages 6 and 8). Anyway, she stated that my six-year-old had two cavities. I scheduled an appointment with her to have them filled. I left work early and took my son as not to be late. After a thirty minute wait, they called me up and presented me with a fee schedule for $182.00. I signed it and sat back down. After another thirty minutes, they called me back up to tell me that the pediatric dentist would be doing it and my insurance didn't cover her and I would have a different fee. Then they told me that I had to pay for another exam since it was a different dentist, plus new X-rays. My new fee schedule came to $1,387.00.

I waited for two hours and I could hear them all talking about my case and how much to charge me. One of the worker was complaining that she was supposed to be done with work. So I took my son and walked out.

I am a teacher and I cannot imagine treating one of my parents so rudely and making a six-year-old wait two hours for nothing. It was very frustrating and they were very unprofessional. I told the dentist that I would be changing dentists. I had a horrible experience and she didn't seem to care at all!

My son received orthodontic services in 2002-2004. He is now in college and his whole bottom row of teeth has moved out of place. Since I spent so much money to correct his teeth I contacted Dentaland. They scheduled him an appointment just to consult with us. Well, the old dentist retired and Dr. W. took a look. The retired dentist told my son he only had to wear his retainer for a year. Dr. W. stated he should still be wearing his retainer.

However, Dr. W. stated he would have my son file pulled from the warehouse and if he see in the notes where that information was stated they would take care of the problem. Well, the folder was never pulled and I have been calling repeatedly but my calls have been ignored. I left several messages for Rosie and Dr. W. and no one returns my calls. My son's appointment was December 18, 2009 and still we have no resolution to this situation. My son's teeth look worse than they were before he received his braces.

Dentaland Dental Centers Company Profile