Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

SmileCare Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I wish I would've read the review before I signed the contract. This office DOES NOT ACCOMMODATE TO THE PATIENTS NEEDS. Front office staff can be nice and polite .... but very incompetent when the patients need them. I'm paying $4000, so, yes I consider a broken bracket an emergency. And yes my orthodontist should have a plan in place to put a new one on right away. They cancel my appointments without telling me

They have given me appointments where they book twice as many people on that same slot and have me waiting for hours. The dentist had an "emergency" and left .... Instead of being courteous and letting me know the dentist was gone, and maybe reschedule they had me in the lobby waiting for 3hours!!!! Then they thought I was rude because I express that my time was valuable to me.

Take your hard earn money somewhere else, because while they can be personable at time .... They don't accommodate patients' need. If hadn't signed a contract I would. On the bright side the technicians in the back were fun to talk to. In addition to all that the retainers they gave me became rusted, but the ortho told me it was just discoloration and that it was normal, I have been sleeping with a rusted piece of metal in my mouth for the past 2 year. Sadly this company sunk and left patients like myself with no follow ups.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went in to have my bottom row of teeth repaired, and asked specific questions regarding the service, since I had already been approved via my dentist. Needless to say, SmileCare is TRASH and would not work in my case, which is something I asked prior to paying the deposit. Instead of having a knowledgeable Orthodontist or Dentist in the room, you get an agent who is responsible for answering your specific questions, and also doing your fittings. She assured me that the issues I came in to have repaired, they could, but today, nearly 5 mos later, the service will not address my issues. I feel taken advantage of, and I simply want a refund of the monies I've spent on this unnecessary service. They are a CON plain and simple.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This is the biggest mistake I have made. This company is misleading. There are NO dentists in contact with you to check on you. I requested to speak to one and they EMAILED ME. They provided me with aligners and their customer care team told me that my gaps would be closed in my teeth. Then, someone told me they couldn’t. Then once again, a customer rep told me that it would be closed with refinements. I was left with TWO huge gaps before my canines. I stopped using this product and returned the two aligners I didn’t use.

Original review: June 19, 2018

They said there was no interest for 18 months on their credit card to get a bridge. I had the tooth pulled and the bridge had to be made. They said to come back in 2 weeks. They never told me that there was only 12 months no interest. When I went back to finish the job I end up paying 3800.00 in interest. I end up paying 10,000.00 dollars... I hope there a place in hell for them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I went for my wisdom tooth extraction, they suggested also little filling as they are seeing microcavity, and it's covered by your insurance. So I said okay go ahead, later got the bill for $500, for microcavity fillings. They are thieves, do not ever go to them ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileCare?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I began last year. I was told I could cancel at any time. Well, I want to cancel and they won’t let me. They've sent me threatening emails, saying if I stop payments they will report my credit. My treatment has not been good. I have a gap between my 2 front teeth, the top one is sideways. I wanted this corrected. It hasn't been and in fact has been much worse by usage of the Aligners. The bottom aligners have never fit in my mouth. When I first began they sent me someone else's aligners, it took a month to get mine. My aligners also cracked, it took 2 months to get those back. Now the refinements, do not fit, are not moving my teeth, but are spreading my teeth. I do not want to continue with this program, it does not work. I want to cancel my account. They send generic emails to me, saying 3-5 business days, but those days have come and gone. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was hoping to wait the full program out before leaving my review, but at this rate, over a year in, I worry that day is never going to come, and I want to warn others in the meantime about Smile Direct Club (formerly SmileCare). I started in January 2017 with the promise that my teeth would be straight in 4 months. I used the aligners as promised and my top teeth improved only imperceptibly while my bottom teeth actually developed a gap I'd never had before. SDC put me through a "mid-course correction" (in which I had to submit new impressions, a process that on its own took a few months because of errors in them sending the kit to the wrong address and then them rejecting my impressions).

I finally started the correction, which was only supposed to take 3 months, but at the end of that, again, my top teeth only had minor improvement and now my two front bottom teeth have moved down so much that I can't even bite down properly. For the last month or so, I've been trying to get yet another impression kit for ANOTHER several months of treatment, and for the last several weeks, I've been told over and over that they'd shipped not one, but two kits to me.

Finally found out today that someone had forgotten to push some button to actually mark my case as ready for the next step, so that kit has been sitting in the lab for the last month (even though much earlier in the process I was told that there was someone being personally assigned to monitoring my case). No apology on that. Just, "Can I do anything else to make you smile today?" The associates are so cheerful that it's hard to get angry at them, but this whole system is flawed and disorganized. All along, I have asked for refunds, at over a grand invested now, and can't get them to agree to it. So here I am, over a year in, hoping for just a little bit of progress. Would have been better off just going to the orthodontist and paying for braces or Invisalign. This was supposed to be easy and affordable. Instead, it has been worthless.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I've been very please with my smile care! Just wish I didn't have to schedule payment every month. Wish it could be automatic. Otherwise it's been a great affordable way to get my youngest child's dental needs taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I'll be honest, I had very high hopes for this. It didn't deliver. Retainer fitting was inconsistent and the end results minuscule if existent at all. They rush you through the process (in NYC at least) and then you're locked in. See a professional, save your money. This is not worth a cent of what they charge.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have been going to this dentist for years and for the past few months every few weeks for a deep cleaning and they tell me now that I have a hole in one of my teeth. This hole has been there for at least a year and no one said anything until it got to the point where it cost more. I have been going to the dentist regular as a maintenance strategy. Now I'm looking for a new dentist who will help me take care of my teeth.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

SmileCare Company Information