1.33/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

SmileCare

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

41 SmileCare Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went in to have my bottom row of teeth repaired, and asked specific questions regarding the service, since I had already been approved via my dentist. Needless to say, SmileCare is TRASH and would not work in my case, which is something I asked prior to paying the deposit. Instead of having a knowledgeable Orthodontist or Dentist in the room, you get an agent who is responsible for answering your specific questions, and also doing your fittings. She assured me that the issues I came in to have repaired, they could, but today, nearly 5 mos later, the service will not address my issues. I feel taken advantage of, and I simply want a refund of the monies I've spent on this unnecessary service. They are a CON plain and simple.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This is the biggest mistake I have made. This company is misleading. There are NO dentists in contact with you to check on you. I requested to speak to one and they EMAILED ME. They provided me with aligners and their customer care team told me that my gaps would be closed in my teeth. Then, someone told me they couldn’t. Then once again, a customer rep told me that it would be closed with refinements. I was left with TWO huge gaps before my canines. I stopped using this product and returned the two aligners I didn’t use.

Get expert buying tips about Dentures and Dental Implant Solutions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

They said there was no interest for 18 months on their credit card to get a bridge. I had the tooth pulled and the bridge had to be made. They said to come back in 2 weeks. They never told me that there was only 12 months no interest. When I went back to finish the job I end up paying 3800.00 in interest. I end up paying 10,000.00 dollars... I hope there a place in hell for them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I went for my wisdom tooth extraction, they suggested also little filling as they are seeing microcavity, and it's covered by your insurance. So I said okay go ahead, later got the bill for $500, for microcavity fillings. They are thieves, do not ever go to them ever.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I began last year. I was told I could cancel at any time. Well, I want to cancel and they won’t let me. They've sent me threatening emails, saying if I stop payments they will report my credit. My treatment has not been good. I have a gap between my 2 front teeth, the top one is sideways. I wanted this corrected. It hasn't been and in fact has been much worse by usage of the Aligners. The bottom aligners have never fit in my mouth. When I first began they sent me someone else's aligners, it took a month to get mine. My aligners also cracked, it took 2 months to get those back. Now the refinements, do not fit, are not moving my teeth, but are spreading my teeth. I do not want to continue with this program, it does not work. I want to cancel my account. They send generic emails to me, saying 3-5 business days, but those days have come and gone. Don't waste your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileCare?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I was hoping to wait the full program out before leaving my review, but at this rate, over a year in, I worry that day is never going to come, and I want to warn others in the meantime about Smile Direct Club (formerly SmileCare). I started in January 2017 with the promise that my teeth would be straight in 4 months. I used the aligners as promised and my top teeth improved only imperceptibly while my bottom teeth actually developed a gap I'd never had before. SDC put me through a "mid-course correction" (in which I had to submit new impressions, a process that on its own took a few months because of errors in them sending the kit to the wrong address and then them rejecting my impressions).

I finally started the correction, which was only supposed to take 3 months, but at the end of that, again, my top teeth only had minor improvement and now my two front bottom teeth have moved down so much that I can't even bite down properly. For the last month or so, I've been trying to get yet another impression kit for ANOTHER several months of treatment, and for the last several weeks, I've been told over and over that they'd shipped not one, but two kits to me.

Finally found out today that someone had forgotten to push some button to actually mark my case as ready for the next step, so that kit has been sitting in the lab for the last month (even though much earlier in the process I was told that there was someone being personally assigned to monitoring my case). No apology on that. Just, "Can I do anything else to make you smile today?" The associates are so cheerful that it's hard to get angry at them, but this whole system is flawed and disorganized. All along, I have asked for refunds, at over a grand invested now, and can't get them to agree to it. So here I am, over a year in, hoping for just a little bit of progress. Would have been better off just going to the orthodontist and paying for braces or Invisalign. This was supposed to be easy and affordable. Instead, it has been worthless.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have been going to this dentist for years and for the past few months every few weeks for a deep cleaning and they tell me now that I have a hole in one of my teeth. This hole has been there for at least a year and no one said anything until it got to the point where it cost more. I have been going to the dentist regular as a maintenance strategy. Now I'm looking for a new dentist who will help me take care of my teeth.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I've been very please with my smile care! Just wish I didn't have to schedule payment every month. Wish it could be automatic. Otherwise it's been a great affordable way to get my youngest child's dental needs taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I'll be honest, I had very high hopes for this. It didn't deliver. Retainer fitting was inconsistent and the end results minuscule if existent at all. They rush you through the process (in NYC at least) and then you're locked in. See a professional, save your money. This is not worth a cent of what they charge.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Smile Direct Club is a complete ** Show! I decided to try straightening my lower teeth due to crowding that happened when my wisdom teeth came in. I thought it would be best to spend $1700 VS $6000 with Invisalign. What can I tell you. Don't both using Smile Direct Club to straighten your teeth. They have absolutely ZERO organization from one department to the other, ZERO customer service (it's a scripted puppet show), ZERO customer service managers that own customer account issues, and ZERO success for mew to date. I started my Smile Direct Club treatment the first week of February 2017 when my MONTH ONE kit arrived and the 1st 4 weeks of the treatment seemed to run smooth. Each week you have a new aligner, on week 3 and 4 you get an aligner that you keep in your mouth for 2 weeks.

When my MONTH TWO kit arrived, I threw out my old ones and I put the new MONTH 1 WEEK 1 aligners in my mouth and the bottom retainer was so loose I could pop it out with my tongue. It was at this MOMENT EVERYTHING went WRONG. I reached out to Smile Direct Club to find out what they could do to remedy this situation and they said we had to do a MID COURSE CORRECTION. I needed to redo my molds and then they would send an updated aligner back. WELL here we are. It’s now May 15th and I have now gone 10 weeks and I still do not have the replacement aligners. I had to do 3 at home mold kits, all of which were rejected. I had to go down to Boston twice (the first time the 3D scanning machine didn't work). After 22 emails (and I am not kidding) from multiple customer service people (Vanessa, Mary, Shelby, Ronald and Marco) I still had nothing to show for my treatment.

No one knew what was going on. Supervisor after supervisor told me they were going to manage my case personally and no one did. I have literally been running around after my plan and no one in this company gives a **. I have just called today 5/5/17 (3 weeks to date after my 3D scan appointment in Boston) to see what on earth is going on (since no one of course - followed up) and I got a rude Marco telling me that it takes at least 2 weeks more. The long and the short, by the time I get my aligners I will have gone THREE MONTHS with no progress, no apology, no one owning this. I am $600 out of pocket and they don't give refunds. SO IF THIS CAN HELP ANYONE WHO IS DECIDING BETWEEN Smile Direct Club and Invisalign go with Invisalign - this experience has been SO BAD it's not worth the saving you think you are getting. RUN! RUN! RUN!

SmileCare Company Information