2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

2.0/5 (202 ratings)

About YRC Freight

YRC Freight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Horrible experience with this company. Bike was to be delivered on Wednesday. I called them Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. On Friday end of the day they finally call back and say a DELIVERY APPOINTMENT has to be scheduled. So why didn't we do it on any of the previous days, when we pro actively reached out. Rep's name was Jennifer and from her attitude blamed it all on someone else and showed no interest in actual customer care.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I shipped household goods from West Palm Beach Florida to Seattle Washington. I had two wood shipping pallets with boxes stacked on them. The items were stacked tight and wrapped very well with shrink wrap. Each box/item was labeled with my name and my destination address and phone number. The items were picked up in Florida on April 1, 2021.

The 3rd week of April YRC notified us that the freight would be delivered between 8am and noon. At 2:30 pm a driver and truck arrived. One of the pallets of items was intact just the way we gave it to them in Florida. The second pallet was short 8 of the boxes and looked as if it had been dropped off a truck and then restacked. Many of the boxes were damaged as well as the items inside. It took 5 more deliveries and over 25 phone calls and emails to get our possessions. I actually received a phone call from an auto part store 30 miles away and the manager told me they tried to deliver my items to his store. He got my name from the labels on the boxes. Why didn't YRC figure this out.

After 2 1/2 weeks from the initial delivery we had all of our boxes. The lack of customer service and any sign of compassion in this on YRC's behalf was unbelievable. Never once through this entire ordeal did anyone say "Sir, I am really sorry". The drivers, all 6 of the ones I met were the only people with that company that showed any kind of caring. In May, after going through everything and determining the damage I filed a claim for $225. YRC came back and offered $6.50.

I do not anticipate needing to ship freight anytime in the foreseeable future but if I do or know of anyone that does I can assure you that I will not use YRC and will strongly discourage anyone else from doing so. We knew that shipping boxes on a truck over the road for 4000 miles that there would be some minor issues from the bumps along the road but what happened was pure neglect and the worst part was that no one in that organization would accept ownership of their mistakes. The absolute worst experience of customer service or lack thereof I have ever seen.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Someone should have called me to tell me they weren't coming to pickup my merchandise on the date we scheduled. A simple courtesy call would have gone a long way with me and saved me a lot of headache. I get that stuff happens, people get sick and things get delayed. The problem is I waited patiently until 5. When 5 hit I called and that's when I was informed my shipment pickup got pushed back until Monday. I can't stand incompetent people so I won't be doing business with this company even though they were cheaper than SEFL this time, their screwup cost me way more than I would have saved in headache. You get what you pay for. There are better freight companies.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Confirmed pick up email, no call no show, I called them. Not enough drivers or equipment...not even a call. I waited 2 hours past our pickup/receiving hours in on a Friday evening. POC company. Custer service get -5 stars.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

One star because negative numbers weren’t an option. We had furniture delivered by this company (ordered through Costco). It came in six (6) cartons. When the driver only brought five (5) to the gate and we stated we did not want to accept delivery, he threw them into the yard, verbally abused us, snatched the bill of delivery from our hand and left.

When we called YRC Customer Service, they stated that whether we accepted delivery or not (we did not) was irrelevant. We were told that while unfortunate the driver was rude and damaged our furniture by throwing it, it was not their problem and the representative could not control nor was she responsible for the behavior of the driver. We were told this was our problem and to take it up with Costco.

When we escalated to Costco customer service (who were all very pleasant for the record) we were put in touch with a manager at YRC Freight’s customer service. The manager gave her contact info to Costco, directed we email her, and assured Costco she would work to find a solution. As of today it has been nearly two weeks and multiple emails have been flatly ignored. ZERO communication. If you are a consumer and have a choice, AVOID this company. If you are a shipper, find any other alternative.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I was expecting a delivery 2 weeks ago, per their tracking on their website. When it didn't come after 2 days, I was told the delivery had to be scheduled. I told them when I would be next available, missing 3 business days. Still no calls. 3 different times in 5 days I have told a resolution would come. Then my product was loaded on the wrong trailer. Then their system showed (apparently) that it had been scheduled for delivery 2 days ago. It wasn't.

Then I was told that because of a state holiday drivers were out. To be fair, they also said that some people were out due to a virus, but I have to believe that over a period of 10 business days with my product being in their possession they could have done or said something, anything, to me to help me feel better about the situation and having to wait on their poor planning and processes.

I also received a call from an office manager telling me that he had no good news to deliver because there was absolutely nothing he could do. He thought I deserved that courtesy. The gesture was nice, but about 2 weeks too late to have any meaningful impact. I will do everything in my power to avoid using their service again.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My company has dealt with YRC on a number of occasions. Typically for trade show LTL delivery. On both occurrences we have had costly issues. The first occurrence was July and August of 2019. They delivered a broken pallet that had caused a number of our products to be damaged beyond any useful life. We filed a claim and so a resolution a year and half later for a fraction of the replacement value.

The second occurrence was this previous week. 7.5-7.9. I called and scheduled a pickup and confirmed and re-confirmed that the truck would have a lift gate. The customer service agent was very pleasant and assured me that the lift gate was going to be on the vehicle and that it would be picked up the day it was scheduled 7.8. The driver shows up on 7.8 and sees that he cannot pickup the freight due to the lack of lift gate and recommended that I call the customer service number. So I do and they say that there is no way to get a truck with a lift gate to me by the end of day. With the we re scheduled another pickup for 7.9 between 8 am and 5 pm.

On 7.9 I called at 3 pm to confirm the pickup was in route and that the truck had a liftgate. The service agent assured me that the truck had a lift gate and that a driver had been assigned which means they were due to pickup and that the dispatch for the local area wasn't answering the phone. Wanting assurance and explaining the situation that transpired the day before I asked to have an email sent or a phone call once the driver had been sent. I called again once 5 pm had come and I never have received a call.

I called the customer service back and they said "a driver had shown up but there was no one around to tender freight". This was absurd because our freight door was open all day expecting YRC's truck. After looking in further to the issues the customer service agent said that the driver saw that the freight pickup needed a lift gate and he didn't have one so he told dispatch to reassign a driver. The dispatch never reassigned a driver leaving our freight to still have not been picked up. FYI THIS WAS A TIME CRITICAL SHIPMENT. They said there was no way to dispatch another truck this evening and they best they could do was schedule a Monday pickup. I let the agent know that was not necessary and that we would take our business elsewhere and would not be relying on YRC for any other freight needs.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Sorriest piece of crap out there, I'd give it a zero star if it let me. Was relying on my shipment to get here on time as the shipment was needed for a family event. Delivery date keeps changing. Was suppose to pick up at a terminal, it's been weeks. Company hasn't called me to pick up, customer service is useless, wait hours only to be told they only know what is shown on the website tracking. Called the terminal I'm suppose to pick up from, keeps re sending me back to the main menu as no one picks up their phones and then hangs up after multiple tries. Sorriest tracking company, don't waste your time on this garbage. Crappy company should be out of business, as I'm writing this I still haven't gotten my shipment, Product was ordered June 17th, today is July 9th, where is my things at?

Original review: July 1, 2021

If you find out that your shipment is coming via YRC Freight, then be prepared to wait at least 12 days while it sits in their warehouse. And also be prepared to break your back because they won’t bring it even an inch further than your curb. Even at 565 pounds they told my wife it’s her problem not their problem. If I ever find out that this company is coming to us again, I will wait for them to put it on the curb, and then I will refuse to sign and refuse delivery, so that it’s their problem this time. In fact I’m tempted to order 1000 lbs of tile and then refuse it. So they can bust their butts this time, just like I just had to my bad back.

Original review: May 5, 2021

THEY LOST MY TWO AIR CONDITIONING UNITS AND NOT EVEN OFFERED AN APOLOGY! So if you actually want to get your SHIPMENT, do not hire this company! Not reliable, not dependable. Just excuses. Horrible customer service. I do not know why Home Depot uses this company. Pay a little extra and go with someone else.

YRC Freight author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

YRC Freight Company Information