YRC Freight

Research top Shipping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with YRC Freight:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

They offer great discounts and let you compare them to National and others. They shipped some furniture for office at a discount over what 2 others quoted us. We didn't have any claims to process, there were no problems, we tracked our freight online and knew when it would arrive. Everything went as promised. Arrived on time, no bumps, no bruises so to speak. I'm a satisfied customer. They gave a fair and unbeatable price. Our shipment went as scheduled. There were no surprises which was great! It was the in less than 2 days and my boss was happy. He wanted to use a competitor but after l talked with a representative we changed our mind. I checked the picture k up time online and then my boss checked it the next day to see where it was. Our office furniture was there on time to be ready to open the new location.

Price was very competitive compared to other freight companies. We use to ship pallets all over the US and they were always on time and the price was always good. Almost always the shipment was delivered without an issue. But when we had any issues, filing a claim took some time due to the investigation that they follow on their side.

Quality of service is good. The estimates were always accurate in respect of the date and time a delivery would be done. Also, the representatives always made sure I was satisfied with the service, and quotes. Shipments were always delivered according to what I was quoted. Delivery was always fast and accurate. In fact, some of my incoming shipments were delivered early.

The price was reasonable and the service was wonderful. It didn't take long and for how long it did take the price was quite fair. I would recommend this to other people. Especially if they are looking for a fair price. The process to claim items was slightly more annoying than most places solely because I personally couldn't find my belongings. I had a hard time finding someone to help me with my claims as well. I'm very satisfied over. I won't put my own personal problem in the way of the fact that the people and the process wasn't a bad price nor was I overall dissatisfied. Transit time wasn't something I could complain about at all. It wasn't too long or anything like that. I am overall very happy.

Not too expensive and not too cheap, sort of standard and in the middle, like all standard and normal. Agents were communicative and responsive to my inquiries, and answered most of my questions, which was to my absolute and utmost satisfaction. I found my experience to be overall a satisfactory one.

The price was very affordable and well within my budget. I was very happy because many other companies prices were through the roof and well past my budget. The claims process for this company was very easy to navigate and very accommodating. I felt very valued as a customer through this company. The quality of products and services that this company offers is fantastic. I could not have asked for a better experience with this company or any other. I was quite happy with the transit time of the products I had ordered. I needed them in an efficient time span and that is exactly what I got.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Yrc Freight is often the cheapest means to ship my palettes across the country. They have experienced drivers and quick service with zero issues. Fortunately, I have not had to do with the claims process yet. They always provide quick and reliable service and have bore damaged any I'd the products I've shipped. Nothing to be upset about. They deliver perfectly. I have not had any issues with their service and have used them dozens of times. They have only been late one time due to traffic beyond their control. Their dispatcher called to inform me right away and gave me an updated ETA.

I believe it was worth the price. Their services was about average. There was nothing special or unique compared to other services. Their service was adequate as it was to be expected. If you understand how it works, claiming your items is not at all difficult. Just be sure to follow the instructions for claiming your items. The quality is about average for its services, which is good if they want to keep their customers happy with their services. I'm okay with it so far. Transit time is okay, nothing too special about it. But I am satisfied with their transit time. Hopefully, they make improvements to their services.

It was a con. They sent a super low quote and then once I was all packed and loaded they then said it was gonna be twice as much as quoted. I had no choice. They broke lots of bits, and when I tried to claim they just kept saying it was not their fault. They also said that I was lying and that they did nothing wrong. They did not care about me or my move. They were sloppy and just threw things around. It was a really bad level of quality. They just do not care. My stuff was "lost" for about 3 weeks. They were holding it for us and could not find it. When they finally did find it, it was on the other side of the country.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.
  • Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.
  • Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.
  • Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.
  • Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.
  • Best for YRC Freight is best for commercial and retail businesses who need to ship domestically or overseas.

Compare Shipping Companies