2.0/5 (219 ratings)

About YRC Freight

YRC Freight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: April 18, 2022

Yellow (Holland/YRC) has been double charging, repeatedly invoices for shipments already paid, adds bogus charges to invoices, adds (sometimes doubles) weight of shipment and then bills for fraudulent weight inspection, and harasses companies with these bogus charges and/or re-invoiced bills incessantly. It wasn't a problem before the Holland/YRC merger, but since then, we are getting slammed with double billing and extra charges for every shipment. We are forced to send our business elsewhere, as the harassment has gotten out of hand.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Worst freight carrier ever, freight was misrouted 4 times lost 3 times, damaged and took almost 3 months to deliver 1 pallet from a few states over, customer service even tried to return it to sender after not delivering, then I found out the company I bought this from has blackballed YRC for the same service issues years before, then when asking for assistance to resolve their issues they tried to tell me claim made for loss was paid out over 1 month ago... Where is this mystery check? Did they use their own service to send it? Cause I never received it.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Keep away from this company. When we received shipment the boxes were open and items were missing. When we filed a claim with them, they denied it because we signed when we received the shipment. Are we supposed to check 70 boxes in 5 minutes.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Had heard YRC was screwing over the West Coast shippers and, boy, are they!!! Very similar shipment August 2021 $900. Shipment September 2021 $2600. Requested rerate gained a very minimal adjustment. Another request and adjustment ended back at the $2600. After 6 months of battling and being passed to different "agents" and finally silence from their end, I just paid (my time is valuable!). "Lesson learned". Also, shipments were taking 3 weeks to get from Chicago to West Coast. Two other carriers are now getting those same shipments to me in 3-5 days. New carriers charges are under $1,000, too.

Another shipment sent from Cincinnati to Chicago for secondary machine work came direct to us (the BOL was filled out properly by the shipper, though YRC tried to say it wasnt). We ended up losing 6 weeks (3 weeks here and 3 weeks back to Chicago) which was an inventory nightmare and cost us extra for expedited shipment by UPS from the vendor. Their customer service is pathetic at best. My issue was not rocket science and I provided pages of supporting documents that nobody seemed to be able to mentally process. Good riddance, YRC. May you rest in peace!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

If I could give a negative star review I would!!! This company has been in business since the 1920s so you would think they would have their act together, BUT it is just the opposite!!! I have been in business for over 55 years and have never dealt w/ such inefficiency w/ any freight service as I have w/ this freight company!!! Even their customer service department is a joke, because they make excuses for why the company is so bad at keeping your freight all together and delivering it w/in a reasonable timeline!!! 3 pallets of products were separated from one another and no one knows why!!! Well it is plain to see WHY, and the WHY is because someone was not on top of their J O B!!!

Does anyone w/in this company's upper management even bother to address these issues? It does not appear so because reviews such as this one are coming in on a weekly schedule!!! YRC FREIGHT IS NOT THE COMPANY IT USE TO BE FROM YEARS AGO!!!! If at all possible you should find another freight company because this company's inefficiency to do their job correctly makes other companies such as mine look bad in our customers eyes!!!

Original review: March 1, 2022

First, YRC damaged my product during delivery and refused responsibility. Then, YRC sent me a shipping bill that should have been sent to the company I made my purchase through. YRC said they would fix the mistake. They never sent a 2nd bill, nor made contact with us. Then, sent our info to a collection agency. STAY AWAY FROM YRC FREIGHT!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I chose to ship items across the state of KS to a customer. I took pictures and video prior to shipping and have pictures and video of what was received. They lost over half of the parts on the pallet and didn't even arrive on the same pallet, no banding, completely loose. They refused to even honor a claim after receiving evidence. I would highly recommend finding ANOTHER carrier for your LTL freight shipping needs, because there is a good chance they will screw you too!! HORRIBLE business!!! There is a reason they have bad reviews on BBB and here. Wish I would have searched BEFORE I used them!!!! 1 of the parts came from overseas and takes MONTHS to replace!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

The Phoenix office received, then lost two boxes and literally does not care. I’ve never experienced worse service, ever, anywhere. Adam and Bill were the “contacts” that just don’t care about doing a good job, taking the time to make a phone call or show that they care. Our boxes were shipped through Fern, a tradeshow company that essentially forces you to use their service. Do whatever you can to avoid Fern and especially YRC Freight. Absolutely terrible.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Find a different Freight Company. It took 5 months for them to tell me what I did wrong with shipping as I am new and did not know what I was doing wrong. I went from $300-$600 to $800-$1000 invoices and no one could tell me why. Lincoln ** said he would try and fix it and never ever responded back to me even after multiple text messages and emails. Everyone who I talked to just left me hanging and now they want full payment and off to collections I go.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

An automotive technology company warned me about YRC and the vendor I used assured me it would fine. Guaranteed delivery means guaranteed nothing. Spending extra for faster delivery? YRC will gladly take your payment and the package will get delayed daily. The package is over a week late and currently sitting 2 hours away. You'd think I could go pick it up since it's close and save myself the heartache? No it's packed in a trailer at a terminal and they won't unload it to get it out for me. Don't count on customer service to help you out either.

YRC Freight author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

YRC Freight Company Information