1.0/5 (30 ratings)

About YRC Freight

YRC Freight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

We shipped a trade show booth, from a convention. YRC lost the shipment, and the replacement cost is roughly $8,000. YRC has admitted liability and has offered to pay us $47.50, based on their internal calculations. Additionally, I will need to submit a letter if I plan to not pay the invoice for shipping, or the unpaid balance will go to collections. DO NOT USE YRC/YELLOW FREIGHT.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

This is possible the first review I’ve ever written but the extremely poor service provided by this company requires me to make others aware. After not receiving the product which we had ordered on the scheduled delivery date we contacted YRC. They said the order was still in transit. After waiting a few more days we contacted them again. They said they were waiting for us to contact them to schedule a delivery time. (The information we had received from our supplier said they would contact us and schedule a delivery time.) We scheduled the time for delivery and waited through the afternoon but no delivery was made. We contacted YRC again and they said the truck was in the area and would be here within the hour. Three hours later we are still waiting and it is starting to get late into the evening. Attempted to call them back and their office is now closed. My advice to others is find another carrier.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

This freight company is really bad. They delivered a industrial dough mixer damaged and the top cover broken in pieces a $10,0000 machine ruined by this **. I’m going to get my lawyer and make this idiots pay for the damage. STAY AWAY. THIS COMPANY SUCKS!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I write very few reviews but felt it was important to warm people who are considering YRC. As someone who has shipped LTL for over 20 years, my experience with YRC is the absolute worst. No need to delve too deep into the details but you can expect little to no customer service coupled with repeated lies & a few extra charges as a cherry on the sundae. There are plenty of options with LTL carriers & would easily pay extra to avoid this company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

By far the worst shipping company I have ever had the misfortune of using. I use a third party company to book shipments who works with dozens of shipping companies (most I've used) and never had serious issues with any of them, and yet every time YRC is picked by them we have issues and I have now told them to never offer YRC as an option to me again. I currently have an order that only had to travel 80 miles to the forwarding company from my office and they've been sitting on it (just a few blocks away from the forwarding company) for 20 days. They may be cheaper than other shipping companies, but don't you dare think it doesn't come at a huge cost, stay away and save yourself similar agony!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

My advice, stay AWAY from YRC. They did not follow procedure, they did not call to let us know our freight was in. They attempted a delivery without notice and we advised we would pick it up at the terminal. The unschedule delivery attempt was on a Monday, we picked up the pallet on Friday. We then got billed an extra $292 for "storage fees" for it sitting on their dock a few days why we arranged for pickup. This was after they took 8 days for transit when the transit time was supposed to be 3 days. The actual freight bill was $289, so this "storage fee" was more than the actual transport cost.

In addition, they have refused to work with us on the storage fee or even give us a detailed accounting on how they determined the storage fee. I reached out to FOUR different YRC departments, ones that handle problem resolution and also the San Antonio terminal manager Brian **. NO response from any of them. They have totally ignored me and the issue.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

YRC scam..Overcharge of 2000lbs on arrival... then charged storage at 5400lbs vs 3400lbs while arguing weight. They said they reweighed but still 5400 lbs..sent offduty police officer to their scale to reweigh it... 3400lbs as stated. They lied 2x to get freight quote to come up...but could not. Bullies, liars is not defamatory here... I have pics from their scale. They then took off the deceitful 2000 lbs. Then they asked to pay by phone...but on inspection had damaged our metal bathroom so bad it's a writeoff. No mention of damage...just pay by phone. Yrc denied damage because they wrote on invoice damaged but pics show otherwise. Yrc deceit ... join our free class action(low quote to high rerate scam)they already lost 1000's of lawsuits and paid out millions $...yrc 1 star everywhere. Gave them 2 months to resolve this...$200/day storage fees switched to $100/day arbitrarily. Power in numbers come onboard on our class action yrc scam.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Hopefully there is 0 star for scoring. They are absolutely not dependable freight company belong my long relationship. After the pandemic, it is even getting worse... Lost, slow, damaged and etc. If you have about a month to ship from east coast. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

We commissioned YRC Freight in Tampa, FL to pick up and deliver our products from NJ to FL. This firm commitment to having either a fork lift or lift gate. That was false. In addition they damaged over 15% of our inventory and did not compensate us for the destruction incurred by their staff. In addition, we noted several boxes torn open with stolen inventory by their company. Customers BEWARE, the Terminal Manager II there-** at 813.630.1380 was incredibly rude, unapologetic and completely tone deaf on running a team or logistic service. They also go by name of Yellow--address 9801 Palm River Road, Tampa, FL, 33619. We have already filed an insurance claim in dispute of their negligence and incompetent staff.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

As a medium size company using several freight companies, we recently decided to try YRC Freight after offering us some heavy discounted rates. We switched just one of our 100+ vendors as a 6 month test to insure YRC was a good fit for us. The first two shipments went o.k., although had billing errors that were eventually fixed. However, the 3rd shipment was delivered short one box, which we signed for short with the driver on the bill of lading.

After filing the claim properly providing all paperwork including their bill of lading showing the shortage, the claim was denied. No communication or explanation as to why, despite our many attempts to find out. Keep in mind, Customer Service clearly explained that they cannot help and we cannot contact the Claims Department by phone. It's email only. No response to multiple emails. I think YRC feels that most claims will not be fought if denied (hardly worth the attorney expense in most cases). Beware of YRC Freight and don't trust them. We have been in business for 35 years dealing with many freight companies. This is a first for us and we want to warn others.

YRC Freight author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

YRC Freight Company Information