1.9/5 (227 ratings)

About YRC Freight

YRC Freight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I sold some doors made in Germany, here in WA state. They get shipped in 2 crates, one small and long with the frames, and one heavy large with door panels. However, YRC dropped the right crate with frames, and crate with frames for some another job in Long Island, opposite side of the country. Now, they picked up the crate I need and delivered it to Long Island, so all I have now is a wrong crate which should be on Long Island. The client in Long Island has my 2 crates. Every day at the construction site waiting cost you around $1,000.- . I am not rich and can't afford lawyers, but If I can, will sue even dust in their office. Company to avoid at all cost.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

So you should never trust FedEx to get anything anywhere on time and in one piece, but if there's a second freight company to beware of it's YRC for sure. They delivered two pallets of product to our customer, completely destroyed, looked like they had both been driven over by a mac truck... twice. Our customer refused the delivery, probably rightfully so, and the pallets found their way back to our company, separately, which should give you some idea of the organization of this company. When the first pallet was dropped off, the driver straight up told our received their van was hijacked by rioters during the BLM movement. We now have both pallets back and have been fighting with them going on two months to get at least some of our money back for them destroying our merchandise.

YRC apparently has a policy that says they never refund freight cost, so don't even both trying to get that back. Even so, they have basically ghosted us since we brought this to their attention. We have called numerous time, emailed several other times, and still no response. In the end it wasn't even our choice to utilize them as a carrier, it was our customers, and now because of the complete lack of competence of YRC, we are both basically out time, money, and materials. Do yourself a favor, and never ship YRC... They will just take you for a ride and then charge you double for it. Will definitely be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

On August 9, 2022 I received a telephone call from YRC Freight advising me that they were going to deliver an awning on Tuesday, August 16, 2022. The dispatcher advised that the window would be between 8 AM and 5 PM. I advised her that that wasn’t an acceptable window because it was a weekday and I needed to work. So she narrowed the window down from 10 AM to 2 PM. I allowed YRC to make the window time so I was accommodating the company. At 2 PM on the data delivery, I contacted them to find out where the delivery driver was. I was advised that he had left the terminal and was in route to my address as I was going to be the “first stop“. I didn’t get the delivery until after 5 PM. So, either the dispatcher lied or the driver lied. If you’re given the option of choosing a freight company to deliver goods that you purchase, you would do well to stay away from YRC.

Original review: July 22, 2022

My shipment stuck for two weeks. No call or attempt to deliver. Called in and the problem seems to be YRC does not have the equipment they need to be a proper trucking company. Further, they don't seem to have the routes to deliver where they claim they can deliver. Now when I order to be shipped by freight I always specify DO NO USE YRC/YELLOW FREIGHT.

Original review: July 14, 2022

This company should not be doing business. They kept changing the delivery date for weeks. They have very bad customer service. It took them almost a month to deliver the pallet when it supposed to be 1 week. At the end they refused to deliver it to final destination because they said they have no proper equipment???? We had to hire another company to bring the pallet from their terminal to the business. MY ADVICE: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I paid for two pallets of musical instruments to be shipped from TX to Merion Station PA order # **. On 6/27 the pallets were picked up in Bedford Texas a short distance from Ft. Worth and brought to Ft. worth TX. with an expected delivery date of 6/30. According to my paperwork. I heard nothing for 5 days and grew concerned as I tried telephoning Customer Service but the wait time exceeded 1/2 hour each time so I contacted my packer/shipper who arranged the pallets. I have photographs of everything from pictures of items to packing to palletizing. My packer/shipper contacted me advising the pallets would be arriving late. The pallets were not arriving late they simply were not moving at all.

On Friday morning 7/8 (11 days after pick-up) the pallets were dropped off in Memphis TN. I received a new delivery date of 7/12. That did not happen. The pallets are now stuck in Memphis TN, in a closed truck with no drivers. So from 7/8 until today which is 7/13 the pallets have not moved. I contacted Customer service and I was told no problem it will be delivered on 7/15. The Customer service rep was somewhat helpful. She said she would call Memphis and find out what is really going on. She tried contacting Memphis all day yesterday but no one answered the phone.

I was supposed to get a delivery and wanted to make certain that the pallets were in my area as nothing on the website had been updated since Friday. 7/8 To make a long story short the pallets have been sitting in Memphis since Friday and have not moved. They have now been stuck in Memphis. Today is day 6 in Memphis, It has been 17 days since the pallets were picked up. I am told they were to be put on a truck that is supposed to be headed for Baltimore MD. Without a driver they have no idea how long it will take to get to Baltimore. That takes at least one change of drivers and at least two days time just to going to Baltimore which is just under 950 miles from Memphis. At least customer service was forthcoming.

The pallets then must be unloaded in Baltimore MD and picked up by another truck to be dropped off in Bensalem PA. Just about a 150 mile run. It should take one day from Baltimore but with this shipping Company who knows. Once unloaded in Bensalem PA they will be loaded onto yet another truck and delivered here. Each step has been backlogged. I am so annoyed that I got in touch with Bensalem (it took some doing to get that phone number). After talking to the Bensalem facility, It appears the pallets are subcontracted to be delivered here from there. In other words they have no idea who will deliver the pallets or when they will be delivered.

I need to find out when they intend to deliver these pallets of instruments that were to be distributed to a program for underprivileged children. The humidity is a factor and could destroy the Ukuleles. The longer this takes the greater the chance of destruction. The Company has done nothing. Simply shrugs like this is a regular event. They received $700,000,000 of taxpayers' money to help them during the earlier stage of Covid 19. They use Covid 19 as an excuse for mismanagement. They bill in advance without any chance of refunding. So as the musical instrument deadline can no longer be met for the program I will have to find another way. I am a senior, I am retired and handicapped, I am submitting this as a warning to others who might contract with this Company.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The YRC driver tricked my wife into signing the paperwork before he would even back into the driveway. When he unloaded a pallet of smashed solar panels he lied to her and told her she could get reimbursement through their website. After hour of sorting through their claim process, which can't be done through the website, we waited weeks to get a response. They said that when my wife signed the paperwork she acknowledged that she received the shipment in good condition. They refused to reimburse for the damage that they did or even refund the shipping cost. I do not recommend using this company.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Shipped two small boxes containing a rollup banner, poles and a table cloth. Total weight appox. 20 lbs. Arrived with freight due from Oklahoma to Orlando $719. I will never use YRC again for anything.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Yellow (Holland/YRC) has been double charging, repeatedly invoices for shipments already paid, adds bogus charges to invoices, adds (sometimes doubles) weight of shipment and then bills for fraudulent weight inspection, and harasses companies with these bogus charges and/or re-invoiced bills incessantly. It wasn't a problem before the Holland/YRC merger, but since then, we are getting slammed with double billing and extra charges for every shipment. We are forced to send our business elsewhere, as the harassment has gotten out of hand.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Worst freight carrier ever, freight was misrouted 4 times lost 3 times, damaged and took almost 3 months to deliver 1 pallet from a few states over, customer service even tried to return it to sender after not delivering, then I found out the company I bought this from has blackballed YRC for the same service issues years before, then when asking for assistance to resolve their issues they tried to tell me claim made for loss was paid out over 1 month ago... Where is this mystery check? Did they use their own service to send it? Cause I never received it.

YRC Freight author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

YRC Freight Company Information