1.06/5
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

49 YRC Freight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I must agree with the majority of the other reviewers about YRC. They are definitely the absolute worst freight company that I've ever dealt with. Every time we've had a shipment delivered from them, there have been issues: 1) damaged product has arrived on multiple occasions, 2) they have dropped the product off on the street and did not even attempt to obtain a signature, even though signature was required, 3) they did not call us prior to delivery (even though we paid extra for their "pre-delivery appointment" service), again just dropping the product off at the street and driving off. What if the product had been stolen off the street without us even being informed that it was dropped off?

This is inexcusable negligence and abysmal customer service! With all of the complaints and dissatisfaction they've received, it is indeed hard to understand how this company is still in operation. I suppose it is due to the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest freight options available. However, as in most things, you definitely get what you pay for. Please take my advice and don't waste your money or time with YRC. Any savings upfront are not worth it in the end. Find another freight company that is reliable and will at least pretend to value your business and provide decent customer service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I placed order with a upholstery supplier who used YRC to ship the product. The order was placed in Albany NY going to Watertown NY. 185 miles and about 3 hrs away. The shipment never made it to Watertown NY. It went to Miami FL over 2000 miles away from where it should have went. Got no customer service from FRC only that they are working on get it to me. Very poor customer service. Not for sure as of yet to refuse shipment when or if it get here. Got to see the condition of shipment when it arrives.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

"They don't want to come to your town on a holiday weekend" 8:30 am call on Friday morning from a town 30 minutes away. For an important special celebration over Memorial Day weekend, we had ordered a patio fireplace as a gift on May 6th to be delivered in time for May 27th. The item shipped on May 16th with YRC freight services with a tracking info notifying us by May 20th that the item would arrive on Friday May 25th - just in the nick of time. We scheduled to be available onsite on the 25th for the inspection and signing as required.

On Thursday afternoon, May 24th, we received a phone call saying the truck would be in the area on Friday and asking about the size and accessibility of our street. The company was assured the trucks would fit, but started making noises about how they might have to wait until Tuesday. We encouraged them that everything was ready and that we had taken the time to be available onsite to accept delivery as scheduled as this item was an important gift and central to our celebration. They said "they would try". Disappointingly, but not surprisingly, we received a call in the morning as we were already on site waiting with the information that they would not arrive until Tuesday because as we were literally told, the driver "didn't want to be in (our town) on the holiday weekend". Just don't want to.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Why is zero stars not a choice? It gives YRC and readers a false sense of quality. As you can see from the photos, the pallet was completely missing as was the box when it arrived in NY from Salt Lake. The shipment was so mishandled, probably dropped from a forklift. My claim was outright declined because I had not notified them of damage within 5 days. Which would not have mattered since they only insure $2.00 per package. Laughable! I will never use YRC or FreightQuote (who uses YRC) ever again. Worst customer service ever, Rob ** was a complete drone.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have been keeping records of all shipments sent or received via YRC Freight and found that they NEVER EVER met the ETA originally stated on their website. Picking up from their facility was my worst nightmare ever...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: April 13, 2018

They called Friday 30 March 2018 to make a delivery appointment for Thursday 5 April 2018 between 12:00 and 5:00PM. I was there from 10:30 AM to 5:42 PM-they NEVER SHOWED NOR CALLED. Told them to send it back. Will not wait again and here it is 13 April and they are still arguing for me to take delivery and charging storage fees. No online ordering except Amazon and google a company before you buy- would have known Cove and YRC is bad but did not know who Cove uses for shipping.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Was scheduled for a delivery on 4/4/2018. Spoke with Debbie, she never took a phone number nor did she tell me I needed to be home (which I was home waiting for 4 hours). My item never came, was told: the driver couldn't find my house (Main road. Very clear house numbers) and that he couldn't park (his vehicle was too large). Well which is it??? Spoke with Harry (very helpful). Told me he would have it delivered to Cape Cargo for delivery (a mile from my home). Took my cell number (thank you Harry). Will let LLBean know about this service. Thank you.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I ordered my item on 2/11. Delivery was originally scheduled for 2/21. Today is 3/9 and as I am writing this complaint, I still do not have my item! I had to re-arrange my work schedule multiple times because of YRC being absolutely unreliable and I have lost a lot of time and money at work. YRC is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They keep delaying the delivery and constantly postponing it. Promise of delivery never happens. Plus, there is no communication at all. They cancel the delivery but do not notify anybody.

As they are in delivery business, it really “blows” my mind how incompetent they are. They have a simple task (to deliver) that they cannot perform. Additionally, the customer service is rude. Friendliness is most likely not a word YRC company is very familiar with it. When customers are upset because they are not getting what they paid for (significant amount of $$), they should make every effort to ensure some kind of satisfaction. No, not YRC. Rudeness, lack of communication & willingness to help is just what their customer service is good at. Horrible is an understatement.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Dec 2017 Christmas present - a whitewater kayak was delivered damaged from what looked like a forklift tyne - California to Idaho. It was delivered without my signature of acceptance. I therefore refused shipment after seeing it was damaged. A claim was submitted and both the seller and I have been given the runaround since then. Almost 3 months later. I have sent multiple, multiple emails, complaints to the "rep" or associate at YRC to get this resolved. After 2 months I had enough and emailed the companies executives from their website and told them the story, they have been unhelpful in resolving this as well, after the placating words of "let me look into it"... these are Vice Presidents and directors who seem to have a no authority to make a decision. Or it seems it is more than likely the company culture is to "deny, deny deny, in hopes that the issue goes away so they can save money on claims".

I get it, I'm nobody to them. If I could shout it from the mountain tops... NEVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH YRC FREIGHT, it would be an understatement. This reminds me of an old saying that goes something to the effect... "Good news is told to a few people, bad news is told to everyone." I will make it my everyday challenge to tell everyone I know what a dishonest, poorly run company YRC really is. They are a joke. There is no telephone number to ask anyone directly in claims about the status, or you are put on hold for 30 minutes. Hmm, I'm thinking they figured that part out in the deny category. It is impossible to contact anyone with any power to make a decision and they most definitely do not respond in a timely fashion. As I stated before never do business with these clowns. The seller was shown what a joke these guys are. Will never do business with them either.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I had a delivery date for Feb. 21 2018. I got a email that it will arrive to the terminal on the 22nd and then to the 23th so I scheduled for Monday Feb. 26. I run out from office early and it's not by my house so I contact them and the answer was the driver took off today so I need to schedule a new date. I am waiting so long for it. It's a lost of money for me every day.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Online tracker stated that my item was picked up but "Est. Delivery Date:" continued to increased by 1 day every day I checked it. "Pickup Date:" Was listed as "01/16/2018" however after I reached out to support they stated there was a delay getting my item out of the warehouse and it was being picked up on 01/22/2018. I checked the tracking information again and the "Est. Delivery Date:" Increased by another day. Very unimpressed with this company and their service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I took the day off from work without pay for my delivery that was scheduled for 12/12/2017 and confirmed by Yellow Freight Lines last week. The delivery was then reconfirmed by me calling Yellow Freight Lines on Monday. Yellow Freight Lines then called me back again on Monday and reconfirmed the delivery date and time. The delivery was confirmed 3 times but the delivery never happened. I called Yellow Freight Lines after the scheduled delivery time had expired to find out what had happened and was told the driver would be to my house in about a hour to a hour and a half and that never happened. I contacted Home Depot and they contacted Yellow Freight Line to find the trailer with my product on never left the yard.

Received a call from Yellow Freight Lines Wednesday morning (spoke to Drew) and was told the product would be delivered today before noon. I told Drew I had an appointment at 9:30 am that could not be rescheduled as it was rescheduled to accommodate the delivery that never happened from the day before. Drew then asked very rudely, "Do you want this delivered or not?" I replied, "Not this morning before noon." He then said again very rudely, "I'll pull it off the trailer. Call when you decide you want it."

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a metal lathe machine on 11-30-17, it shipped YRC on 12-1-17 from Las Vegas NV heading to Oklahoma City OK to be transferred to another carrier for residential liftgate delivery. By the time estimator on the YRC website the freight should have arrived in OKC by 12-6-17. The freight left Las Vegas and went to Pico Rivera CA, sat there until 12-3 the on to Bloomington CA where it stayed until 12-8-17. It arrived in OKC on 12-9-17. As of 12-11-17 at 5:30 pm the freight still has not been transferred to the other shipper for delivery.

I will be leaving town for 2 weeks on the morning of 12-12-17 and will not have anyone available to receive the delivery. I have contacted YRC multiple times through multiple channels to discuss the need for this to be delivered no later than 12-11-17. This fact was communicated when the machine was ordered. The best advice that I was given by YRC is I could pick it up at the terminal (which is over 2 hours away and picking up a rather large 1300 pound machine) or I could ship it back. I am currently working on a storage option with the second carrier.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I placed an order for a 10 ft Kayak on November 20, 2017 with a delivery date of November 30, 2017. It is now December 5, 2017 and still nothing! I have called numerous times and apparently my Kayak is "missing". How does someone "lose" a 10 ft, lime green kayak?!?! When I call, I get the runaround and told they are not sure what to do other than to file a claim for a missing item! They don't seem to care that this was supposed to be a Christmas gift and I spent over $200 on it!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

YRC Freight is of course a huge corporation and as such, shows very little care in dealing with smaller LTL shipments. They have tracking services, which work fine, but the customer service and the attitudes from their city dispatch center are horrendous. My shipment was to be delivered on 11-13-17. It was not, and there was no communication about it. I followed it online and it was to be delivered on 11-15-17. On the 15th it went on the truck, but apparently they don't have access to Google Maps, because they discovered after it drove around on the truck all day that it was outside of their delivery area.

On the 16th, they told me it would be handed over to another shipper that could deliver it, but that they had no idea when it would be delivered. Really? They also said, "If you don't like that option you can come pick it up yourself." I spoke with the staff there several times on the 16th to figure out the best option as I needed the shipment 4 days previous. I decided I would pick it up myself and told them so on 11-20-17 at 7:30 am. The staff said they would locate the shipment, move it to the front, so I could pick it up and someone would call me on Friday.

I received no call on the 17th, and when I called on my way this morning, 20th, they said my shipment wasn't where it was supposed to be and Natalie was sarcastic with me. She did tell me she would speak with her co-worker about how things work here, which was again, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER, and told me that someone would call me back after 9 SOME TIME. As I write this, I'm sitting in Aurora, CO waiting. I've called back to let them know, but they don't care. I'm not a business owner that pretty much ever gets upset. YRC Freight has accomplished the feat of pushing me over the anger threshold today. Thanks YRC.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Trying to ship from Arizona to Guadalajara Mexico. Cargo picked up on 10/25 with delivery on 11/02. Kept calling, I was told cargo would be in Laredo out for delivery on Monday the 30th. Still no shipment received and the answer I get from Raquel "the supervisor" is that I bought "the cheapest rate". I don't consider US$2300.00 "cheap". The shipment contains machines for a Trade Show. I was never told that the rate I was buying for US$2300.00 was the "slow boat to China". I would have never signed up for that.

After arguing with Raquel (the supervisor), she said: "The shipment was sent to El Paso by mistake on our part and when El Paso realized the mistake they sent it back to Dallas. It is today in Dallas today and all I can do is tell them to get it out as soon as possible. I can't do more because you bought the cheapest rate". SO I GET TO HAVE A BOOTH AT A TRADE SHOW WITHOUT MACHINERY, I GET TO PAY FOR YRC' S MISTAKES!!!! But wait!!! Raquel offered a consolation prize: She said, "I will sign you up to get automatic updates in your email." Wow!!! Look for alternatives when shipping your freight. There are more companies out there that care about the service and take pride of providing a good service. YRC just cares to take your money, after that, you are on your own and they do whatever they feel like.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My third and final time!!! I booked a dimensional freight quote for a shipment with them it was $127. Supposed to be a three day shipment, turned out to be almost 3 weeks. Not a problem. Two months later I get a bill for an extra $827, saying that the shipment was 120 pounds over on weight. When I called to question the weight, which was correct, they then stated the Original quote was not honored because of late pick up. When I rechecked the quote, price is actually cheaper at the heavier weight. After going through five people to try to resolve, most of them with no reply, one didn’t even have a Phone number, they then turn it over to collections. I’m done!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Was called for a delivery for flooring products for a house renovation. Called on a Thursday, asked to confirm someone would be there to receive product. Called back, confirmed. Took day off to be available. Told delivery on Friday, between 9 and 5. At 5PM, no delivery. Called terminal. Told driver was in the next town, 2 miles away, would be there shortly. At 7PM, no delivery. Called terminal, told driver returned to terminal. They were not sure why he didn't deliver. Paid for contractors to sit around. Chatted/live chat with YRC web. They sent an email AND called terminal, asked that delivery be first thing Monday AND to call me. At 9.30, no call, no product. Called terminal. Told that "They hadn't read the email from Friday, that the product was on another truck, delivery between 12 and 2."

Furious, I asked why they lied about the Friday delivery, and why should I believe them now? Was told YRC didn't lie to me. Um, OK. You told me between 9 and 5. Was that true? Well, NO. Did it come in a "few minutes" as the truck was 2 miles away? NO. So, when I then asked again, if you were told something that wasn't the truth, is that then a lie? Interestingly, the answer was then "yes." Still no product, still paying contractors to sit around. AVOID THESE SCAMMERS at all costs. They do NOT care about customers.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Picked up a crate in Idaho on Oct 12. On Oct 23, the tracking information stated that it would be delivered on Oct 24. Checked on Oct 24, and the tracking information said it would be here on Oct 26. I cannot wait to check on Oct 26 to see when it will be delivered. When I called them, they gave me their no guarantee on delivery time disclaimer. I did not schedule this shipment from the beginning and will not willingly schedule any shipment with them on my company's dime.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

YRC recently made a new rule! They will not drive their truck unto private property! That means they will not enter your driveway even if there are no obstructions! They want to unload out on the road, and you will need to somehow get your shipment into the building. (In my case, a few hundred feet away. Carry it all in by hand, dude! 4 skids of stuff!) I consider this totally unacceptable delivery. Now you know. Don't use YRC! If you do, the problems are your fault.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I purchase a wide range of product from various distributors. Whenever I see YRC, I cringe knowing that the product will be stuck on the dock and no one will return phone calls. Recently an otherwise reputable distributor decided to utilize YRC on one of my shipments that had a critical time frame of less than 4 days. 2 weeks and several phone calls from both myself and the distributor later and we still do not have the product. Whenever you speak to the dispatcher the dispatcher will transfer you to their "clerk" which appears to be a voicemail that never gets checked. Truly the most awful LTL freight company I have ever seen. Many excuses are given by customer service but there will never.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We manufacture and ship pallets of canoe oars (oars shipped one pair/custom box {8.25" x 3.25" X 42"}, five boxes per staggered layer, 20 layers per plastic wrapped skid, each skid overall measures 42 inches x 42 inches x 70, 8 lbs per cubic foot at NMFC class 85) going to California for about $235.00 each shipment for the last 6 months and have had at least five issues via direct YRC and third party logistics freight companies regarding a class change to Class 150 at the Kansas City hub for rate hike from $2235.00 to almost $600.00 per shipment.

Photos of shipment on our dock, weight from our certified scale and signature of pick-up driver confirms shipment. When the shipment hits Kansas City Hub for freight break to California, it is routinely 'measured by laser'. We have received photos of our skid on the KC facility and wonder-of-wonders a piece of handy rectangular cardboard has been placed on angle on the top of the skid which skews the laser reading to less than 8lb per cu ft. changing the class. Once was an anomaly, three, four times is beyond coincidence!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

AWFUL Customer Service! There is no surprise that everywhere I look YRC Freight has terrible reviews. I rarely take the time to formally complain but today was absolutely ridiculous. I work for a television station and we get shipments on at least a weekly basis. The driver delivering four 12 foot trusses today complained about backing into a large gate on our commercial property with a truck half the size of other delivery drivers who do so without one complaint or issue. Then once we assured him he could do it, he complained and huffed about there not being adequate loading docks. He then shuffled the trusses to the end of the truck, refused to take them out and made two of our employees, one an almost 70 year old man get up and remove them from his truck.

Yes, he refused to even remove the merchandise from HIS delivery truck! I then called the company to inquire and they said it is at the driver's discretion and choice if they want to help with merchandise. I have never heard of this! We receive shipments of large items ALL the time and have helped people when need it, but have NEVER had a deliverer refuse to assist in the delivery. The man on the phone was not rude but completely unapologetic and didn't care one bit. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Shipped three crate, they lost one, we had additional expenses to recreate items in the lost crate, then on the second move they found the crate and the other crates when moved to the second stop, they did not honor their previously issued rate quote... I have been in this business of shipping things for 40 years and this company will never see my freight again.

Original review: July 28, 2017

How does this company stay in business? From the spa company… "your cover has been shipped on July 19 via Yellow freight tracking number **. Once the cover arrives in your area (1-5 business days) someone from the company will be in touch to schedule an appointment.” Estimate DELIVERY date according to YRC tracking 7/26... that is a Wednesday. On Thursday I call and she says do I want it Friday or next week!!?? I stipulate Friday. She guesses between 9 and noon. Do I want a half hour notice... Yes. Fast forward Friday 11:45... No word. I call... girl gets guy to come on the line. "Mix up we only found out about an hr and a half ago. We don't come up there… we will hand it off to Diamond lines. Probably be Monday. They will call." Would I ever… with intent… hire these folks? No.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Shipping product with this company is not reliable. On two different occasions I've had issues with deliveries. The latest issue was freight not moving. We have had 3 pallets of product sitting in their Chicago terminal and not moving for 5 days. They missed their delivery date by 7 days when product was to be delivered. The issue before was they didn't get the product loaded on the truck the morning of my delivery and we had to wait additional 24 hours for our product. Again they missed their delivery time. I will not use this company again.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have scheduled 6 separate delivery dates with YRC Freight to deliver a chair and they have yet to show up. They don't even call to say they aren't coming, they just don't show up. Each time they don't show up I have to leave several messages to simply get someone to call me back. When I do get someone on the phone, they don't even apologize or give a reason the delivery was missed. They could care less. They just schedule another delivery date.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Overall Relationship with YRC - Sent a shipment 6/29/17 via YRC - shipment made it to Baltimore, MD 7/6/17 destination Fort Meade, MD. The shipment is still sitting in the terminal as of today 7/18/2017. We were told the driver that delivers to Fort Meade was on vacation, and he is the only driver with security access to the base. He must have been on vacation for a week and a half??? We finally had to send someone to the terminal to pick up our shipment, after sending in a request on our letterhead for pick up. Our employee was met with a very unprofessional and unorganized terminal. We will not be using YRC for anything in the future, and suggest you do not.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Me and my printing company both agreed that this is a first time and will be the last time we will use this company because they are very unreliable about the date/time for delivery. Not only do they have a bad operator but also delivery man too. Worst of the worst company.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Too bad 0 stars isn't an option. I had a scheduled delivery (confirmed by e-mail) that didn't make it. Spoke with the same person that sent the e-mail confirming date and time only to be told by her that they don't do scheduled deliveries... just windows. They missed their 8-12 pm delivery window and told me to wait for 12-5... sorry had to reschedule. Rescheduled for a week later 8-12 pm window only to be told that now it is 12-5... to be called at 2 p.m. That they had "bad news" that the truck broke down and they can do it tomorrow. They had me waiting for 7 hours before calling me to tell me that. If you are a small business owner like myself and pay good money for a delivery you expect it to be there when scheduled. The worst part is they don't answer the phone... so good luck if you think someone is going to help you track your delivery. I missed 2 FULL days of work and I still have not received my 7 pallet delivery. WORST COMPANY!!!

YRC Freight expert review by ConsumerAffairs

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

• Best for: YRC Freight is best for commercial and retail businesses who need to ship domestically or overseas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs