1.04/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

57 YRC Freight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

About a month ago I had an account executive, from YRC named Yam **, solicit me wanting to broker hauls for my company. She stated she was working out of the Philippines. That should have been the first red flag. She completed one haul for us at a decent rate. The next time she won a bid was for delivering stacked boxes on a pallet. She outbidded the competition with a rate of $150 for delivery to a customer in northern VA. She sent an e-mail asking me to describe the boxes and how they were packaged. I explained it just like I did in my first e-mail to all my bidders. She then shot back and told me she needed to reclassify and the rate now was $287. Of course I told her to cancel it and I would seek another broker for this run. She sent an e-mail telling me she "understood."

Hours later I saw that the boxes were gone up in our warehouse. Thinking it had been picked up by the new broker I hired for the assignment, I quickly learned YRC did in fact pick it up, EVEN AFTER I HAD CANCELLED MY ORDER. Embarrassed, I first had to call the newly hired broker and tell them to not come and cancel that order. I called Yam and asked her to explain what happened. She lied and told me it was a dispatcher named Katie in the US that had made the mistake. When I called the dispatch office they told me no one named Katie worked there and in fact it had been sent in by Yam... Of course they were not nice and told me to act more respectful over the phone. They told me they would notify Yam's supervisor and they would call me back the next day.

As of this writing I am still waiting on that call. So, I got OVERCHARGED, LIED TO AND TOLD I WOULD GET A CALL WHEN I DID NOT. Want to know why Americans are sick of jobs being outsourced. Well, this is one of those reasons. I can forgive people who make mistakes. I can't do it though, for people who want to lie and pass blame on to someone and for a company who will not take the common courtesy to call me back and rectify the situation but will cause aggravation by outsourcing what should be domestic tasks to incompetent foreigner just to save a buck. Don't do business with this cut rate company and let THEM GO OUTTA BUSINESS. Good news... I did personally fire Yam from doing business with us again through a stern e-mail. But, then again I bet no cares except for me.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We recently used NexxtShow shipping for a conference, which then used YRC to ship the freight. When our freight shipment returned to our warehouse, parts of the shipment were missing. I understand that things happen so I called their customer service department to let them know and figure out next steps. They informed me that they'd let their OSND team know and I should ask for Jenny. When I called and explained my situation, Jenny replied "Well... I have no idea who you are"... which was a jarring response considering, yea, I didn't know Jenny either, but I just gave her all the details of what was going on. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant or professional.

Eventually, I used the YRC help chat to get the "Claims Loss" form. I completed it and sent in the paperwork over a month ago. I also sent it via email and followed up 2 times since. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. They lost over $1,000 worth of goods and it has been radio silence from the company. I hope going forward, other conferences don't use this service OR better yet -- YRC improves their process.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I shipped some very heavy duty playground equipment via YRC a few months ago. It arrived with repaired packaging several days after it was supposed to arrive. Customer opened it up to reveal hardcore damage. YRC refused to cover it because it was “concealed damage”. There was no way the damage could have happened with wrapping staying intact. They very obviously re-packed it to hide damage, so it would be signed for without note of damage. They have damaged a couple of other shipments over the years and also refused the claim for damages. I believe the people in the claims dept are possibly retired **.

Original review: July 26, 2018

After 15 years as a loyal customer we have had to say goodbye to YRC. We very patiently tolerated having to spend countless hours last year fixing a charge that they added to our account saying our shipment was 200 pounds over what we claimed but they recently added a $312.00 change of address fee on top of our $125.00 shipping fee for "change of address". When we realized that our incoming shipment was going to the wrong address we quickly called them to correct it. The delivery was still not even in our state yet and the corrected address was only 7 miles from the original.

There was no inconvenience to them at all and no attempted delivery was made. YRC said there will be a $99 fee for change of address and although I disagreed with the charge I had to agree to get my shipment. When the final bill came in they had added 3 separate fees for change of address totaling $312.00. Our $125.00 shipment became $437.00! Even though the reps there I spoke with agree that this charge is absurd It has been 8 weeks now of trying to get this resolved with no change to their stubborn decision. They are willing to lose us over this so we are willing to say goodbye. We are done with YRC.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We ordered a playset from Costco.com. While that process was fine, the freight company that delivered it was abysmal. YRC Freight is the worst shipping company. After having our projected delivery date changed ~6 times, we finally confirmed a date and time range. We made sure that someone was home during that time frame. Not only did they not show up that day, we received no notification. When they finally contacted us the next day, we again set a time range. We made plans for after that time range, but again, they didn't show up. This time, the excuse was that someone wrote 'AFTER 1 pm' instead of 'BEFORE 1 pm'. While we love Costco very much, rest assured that we will never again order anything that needs to be delivered via freight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YRC Freight?

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ordered an in-wall HVAC unit in mid-June, which was delivered cross-country by YRC to its terminal in Cleveland, OH, on or before June 28. I tracked the shipment online and delivery date to me was estimated to be Friday, June 29. I work, so I paid a friend/house-sitter to stay for the delivery. YRC called late that morning to say it would not be delivered that day, but they would deliver Monday, June 2. Worked again, hired the house-sitter again, heard nothing from YRC, and no delivery. I called YRC customer service, who said the delivery had not been scheduled for that day. She gave me the direct phone line for Krista ** at the Cleveland terminal, and also an email address. I phoned and emailed; no response.

No word at all the following week, but it was a holiday week, so I didn't take any action. On Monday, July 9, however, I contacted both YRC and the seller, telling them that if they couldn't get it delivered by Wednesday, July 11, I was canceling the order. Krista responded to my email, saying YRC "delivered to my area on Wednesdays" (Really? Then why did you tell me it was going to be delivered Monday, July 2?). She said it would be delivered July 11 and asked if I wanted the driver to notify me 30 minutes before delivery and I said yes. She warned me that it would be curbside delivery and I acknowledged.

So, the delivery was to be between 9 and 5 on Wednesday. I hired the house-sitter again for the part of the day I worked. 5 pm came and went, and at 6:30 I called YRC customer service again. She said the item showed as being "delivered." I said it was most definitely not delivered. So she checked with Cleveland dispatch and came back on the line to tell me that the driver was still delivering and should be at my house "any time now" and the driver would call me. He did not show up, did not call. At 7:50, I called again. Still out for delivery, I was told by customer service. She added the information that it showed on the tracking system as "delivered" because that meant it WOULD be delivered that day. I asked how late they delivered. LONG PAUSE. She said they probably wouldn't deliver after 8.

And, in fact, it was not delivered. No word from YRC the next morning, so I called the seller to cancel, then emailed Krista to tell her the order had been canceled and the seller would be in touch with YRC. She emailed back to say she apologized that it hadn't been delivered, but that it had been OUT for delivery.

I guess I'm supposed to be mollified that they had it on a truck and drove around for a while? It has now been two weeks since the shipment arrived at Cleveland, ready for delivery to me. While I was hopeful at the beginning that I would actually get the shipment, when time dragged on it hit me that there was no guarantee I would ever get it. Do yourself a favor if you're reading these reviews: Check with your supplier first to make sure the freight company is NOT YRC. If it is, find someplace else to order your product. You can never be sure when - or even if - you will get your order if YRC is involved.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Ordered from FL to DC. Awful experience the entire way. Worst company in the history of companies, maybe ever. This place couldn't get anything right. SAD! I would never use this place again, and you shouldn't make the same mistake I did. So what'd they do wrong? A week late. Ridiculous! Unapologetic, no discount. UNBELIEVABLE! Customer service was horrible. Passing me off, refusing to answer questions. Spent way too much time on the phone. Lazy! Didn't give a specific ETA until 20 mins before arrival. Makes it hard when you need three people to unload a shipment. Disorganized! Driver refused to pull into my driveway even though he had a ton of room. Created a traffic jam outside my house during rush hour. Inconsiderate! Watched us smirking as we struggled to unload. INFURIATING! AWFUL YRC FREIGHT IS HORRIBLE! SAD! THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

Original review: June 21, 2018

YRC Freight received the item I ordered 7 days ago. Today, one day prior to when it was to be delivered from NY to Louisville, KY, I received a call saying the item (a bathtub for a remodel) would not be delivered on time. When I asked why, the response was (and this is a quote) "because typically trucks don't always deliver things on time". Really? So why bother telling me when it will be here? Amazon doesn't have any issues with this. My item is sitting in St. Louis, which is actually much further away from NY than Louisville, and will be there until whenever they get around to delivering it. They claimed Monday, but it is impossible to believe that when they couldn't get the first date right, and claimed trucks basically deliver whenever they want to. Now I'm worried the item will be messed up once they deliver. I will always check to see who delivers items for a company before ordering from them online, as I will never use YRC Freight again.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I must agree with the majority of the other reviewers about YRC. They are definitely the absolute worst freight company that I've ever dealt with. Every time we've had a shipment delivered from them, there have been issues: 1) damaged product has arrived on multiple occasions, 2) they have dropped the product off on the street and did not even attempt to obtain a signature, even though signature was required, 3) they did not call us prior to delivery (even though we paid extra for their "pre-delivery appointment" service), again just dropping the product off at the street and driving off. What if the product had been stolen off the street without us even being informed that it was dropped off?

This is inexcusable negligence and abysmal customer service! With all of the complaints and dissatisfaction they've received, it is indeed hard to understand how this company is still in operation. I suppose it is due to the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest freight options available. However, as in most things, you definitely get what you pay for. Please take my advice and don't waste your money or time with YRC. Any savings upfront are not worth it in the end. Find another freight company that is reliable and will at least pretend to value your business and provide decent customer service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I placed order with a upholstery supplier who used YRC to ship the product. The order was placed in Albany NY going to Watertown NY. 185 miles and about 3 hrs away. The shipment never made it to Watertown NY. It went to Miami FL over 2000 miles away from where it should have went. Got no customer service from FRC only that they are working on get it to me. Very poor customer service. Not for sure as of yet to refuse shipment when or if it get here. Got to see the condition of shipment when it arrives.

Original review: May 25, 2018

"They don't want to come to your town on a holiday weekend" 8:30 am call on Friday morning from a town 30 minutes away. For an important special celebration over Memorial Day weekend, we had ordered a patio fireplace as a gift on May 6th to be delivered in time for May 27th. The item shipped on May 16th with YRC freight services with a tracking info notifying us by May 20th that the item would arrive on Friday May 25th - just in the nick of time. We scheduled to be available onsite on the 25th for the inspection and signing as required.

On Thursday afternoon, May 24th, we received a phone call saying the truck would be in the area on Friday and asking about the size and accessibility of our street. The company was assured the trucks would fit, but started making noises about how they might have to wait until Tuesday. We encouraged them that everything was ready and that we had taken the time to be available onsite to accept delivery as scheduled as this item was an important gift and central to our celebration. They said "they would try". Disappointingly, but not surprisingly, we received a call in the morning as we were already on site waiting with the information that they would not arrive until Tuesday because as we were literally told, the driver "didn't want to be in (our town) on the holiday weekend". Just don't want to.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Why is zero stars not a choice? It gives YRC and readers a false sense of quality. As you can see from the photos, the pallet was completely missing as was the box when it arrived in NY from Salt Lake. The shipment was so mishandled, probably dropped from a forklift. My claim was outright declined because I had not notified them of damage within 5 days. Which would not have mattered since they only insure $2.00 per package. Laughable! I will never use YRC or FreightQuote (who uses YRC) ever again. Worst customer service ever, Rob ** was a complete drone.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Have been keeping records of all shipments sent or received via YRC Freight and found that they NEVER EVER met the ETA originally stated on their website. Picking up from their facility was my worst nightmare ever...

Original review: April 13, 2018

They called Friday 30 March 2018 to make a delivery appointment for Thursday 5 April 2018 between 12:00 and 5:00PM. I was there from 10:30 AM to 5:42 PM-they NEVER SHOWED NOR CALLED. Told them to send it back. Will not wait again and here it is 13 April and they are still arguing for me to take delivery and charging storage fees. No online ordering except Amazon and google a company before you buy- would have known Cove and YRC is bad but did not know who Cove uses for shipping.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Was scheduled for a delivery on 4/4/2018. Spoke with Debbie, she never took a phone number nor did she tell me I needed to be home (which I was home waiting for 4 hours). My item never came, was told: the driver couldn't find my house (Main road. Very clear house numbers) and that he couldn't park (his vehicle was too large). Well which is it??? Spoke with Harry (very helpful). Told me he would have it delivered to Cape Cargo for delivery (a mile from my home). Took my cell number (thank you Harry). Will let LLBean know about this service. Thank you.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I ordered my item on 2/11. Delivery was originally scheduled for 2/21. Today is 3/9 and as I am writing this complaint, I still do not have my item! I had to re-arrange my work schedule multiple times because of YRC being absolutely unreliable and I have lost a lot of time and money at work. YRC is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They keep delaying the delivery and constantly postponing it. Promise of delivery never happens. Plus, there is no communication at all. They cancel the delivery but do not notify anybody.

As they are in delivery business, it really “blows” my mind how incompetent they are. They have a simple task (to deliver) that they cannot perform. Additionally, the customer service is rude. Friendliness is most likely not a word YRC company is very familiar with it. When customers are upset because they are not getting what they paid for (significant amount of $$), they should make every effort to ensure some kind of satisfaction. No, not YRC. Rudeness, lack of communication & willingness to help is just what their customer service is good at. Horrible is an understatement.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Dec 2017 Christmas present - a whitewater kayak was delivered damaged from what looked like a forklift tyne - California to Idaho. It was delivered without my signature of acceptance. I therefore refused shipment after seeing it was damaged. A claim was submitted and both the seller and I have been given the runaround since then. Almost 3 months later. I have sent multiple, multiple emails, complaints to the "rep" or associate at YRC to get this resolved. After 2 months I had enough and emailed the companies executives from their website and told them the story, they have been unhelpful in resolving this as well, after the placating words of "let me look into it"... these are Vice Presidents and directors who seem to have a no authority to make a decision. Or it seems it is more than likely the company culture is to "deny, deny deny, in hopes that the issue goes away so they can save money on claims".

I get it, I'm nobody to them. If I could shout it from the mountain tops... NEVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH YRC FREIGHT, it would be an understatement. This reminds me of an old saying that goes something to the effect... "Good news is told to a few people, bad news is told to everyone." I will make it my everyday challenge to tell everyone I know what a dishonest, poorly run company YRC really is. They are a joke. There is no telephone number to ask anyone directly in claims about the status, or you are put on hold for 30 minutes. Hmm, I'm thinking they figured that part out in the deny category. It is impossible to contact anyone with any power to make a decision and they most definitely do not respond in a timely fashion. As I stated before never do business with these clowns. The seller was shown what a joke these guys are. Will never do business with them either.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I had a delivery date for Feb. 21 2018. I got a email that it will arrive to the terminal on the 22nd and then to the 23th so I scheduled for Monday Feb. 26. I run out from office early and it's not by my house so I contact them and the answer was the driver took off today so I need to schedule a new date. I am waiting so long for it. It's a lost of money for me every day.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Online tracker stated that my item was picked up but "Est. Delivery Date:" continued to increased by 1 day every day I checked it. "Pickup Date:" Was listed as "01/16/2018" however after I reached out to support they stated there was a delay getting my item out of the warehouse and it was being picked up on 01/22/2018. I checked the tracking information again and the "Est. Delivery Date:" Increased by another day. Very unimpressed with this company and their service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I took the day off from work without pay for my delivery that was scheduled for 12/12/2017 and confirmed by Yellow Freight Lines last week. The delivery was then reconfirmed by me calling Yellow Freight Lines on Monday. Yellow Freight Lines then called me back again on Monday and reconfirmed the delivery date and time. The delivery was confirmed 3 times but the delivery never happened. I called Yellow Freight Lines after the scheduled delivery time had expired to find out what had happened and was told the driver would be to my house in about a hour to a hour and a half and that never happened. I contacted Home Depot and they contacted Yellow Freight Line to find the trailer with my product on never left the yard.

Received a call from Yellow Freight Lines Wednesday morning (spoke to Drew) and was told the product would be delivered today before noon. I told Drew I had an appointment at 9:30 am that could not be rescheduled as it was rescheduled to accommodate the delivery that never happened from the day before. Drew then asked very rudely, "Do you want this delivered or not?" I replied, "Not this morning before noon." He then said again very rudely, "I'll pull it off the trailer. Call when you decide you want it."

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a metal lathe machine on 11-30-17, it shipped YRC on 12-1-17 from Las Vegas NV heading to Oklahoma City OK to be transferred to another carrier for residential liftgate delivery. By the time estimator on the YRC website the freight should have arrived in OKC by 12-6-17. The freight left Las Vegas and went to Pico Rivera CA, sat there until 12-3 the on to Bloomington CA where it stayed until 12-8-17. It arrived in OKC on 12-9-17. As of 12-11-17 at 5:30 pm the freight still has not been transferred to the other shipper for delivery.

I will be leaving town for 2 weeks on the morning of 12-12-17 and will not have anyone available to receive the delivery. I have contacted YRC multiple times through multiple channels to discuss the need for this to be delivered no later than 12-11-17. This fact was communicated when the machine was ordered. The best advice that I was given by YRC is I could pick it up at the terminal (which is over 2 hours away and picking up a rather large 1300 pound machine) or I could ship it back. I am currently working on a storage option with the second carrier.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I placed an order for a 10 ft Kayak on November 20, 2017 with a delivery date of November 30, 2017. It is now December 5, 2017 and still nothing! I have called numerous times and apparently my Kayak is "missing". How does someone "lose" a 10 ft, lime green kayak?!?! When I call, I get the runaround and told they are not sure what to do other than to file a claim for a missing item! They don't seem to care that this was supposed to be a Christmas gift and I spent over $200 on it!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

YRC Freight is of course a huge corporation and as such, shows very little care in dealing with smaller LTL shipments. They have tracking services, which work fine, but the customer service and the attitudes from their city dispatch center are horrendous. My shipment was to be delivered on 11-13-17. It was not, and there was no communication about it. I followed it online and it was to be delivered on 11-15-17. On the 15th it went on the truck, but apparently they don't have access to Google Maps, because they discovered after it drove around on the truck all day that it was outside of their delivery area.

On the 16th, they told me it would be handed over to another shipper that could deliver it, but that they had no idea when it would be delivered. Really? They also said, "If you don't like that option you can come pick it up yourself." I spoke with the staff there several times on the 16th to figure out the best option as I needed the shipment 4 days previous. I decided I would pick it up myself and told them so on 11-20-17 at 7:30 am. The staff said they would locate the shipment, move it to the front, so I could pick it up and someone would call me on Friday.

I received no call on the 17th, and when I called on my way this morning, 20th, they said my shipment wasn't where it was supposed to be and Natalie was sarcastic with me. She did tell me she would speak with her co-worker about how things work here, which was again, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER, and told me that someone would call me back after 9 SOME TIME. As I write this, I'm sitting in Aurora, CO waiting. I've called back to let them know, but they don't care. I'm not a business owner that pretty much ever gets upset. YRC Freight has accomplished the feat of pushing me over the anger threshold today. Thanks YRC.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Trying to ship from Arizona to Guadalajara Mexico. Cargo picked up on 10/25 with delivery on 11/02. Kept calling, I was told cargo would be in Laredo out for delivery on Monday the 30th. Still no shipment received and the answer I get from Raquel "the supervisor" is that I bought "the cheapest rate". I don't consider US$2300.00 "cheap". The shipment contains machines for a Trade Show. I was never told that the rate I was buying for US$2300.00 was the "slow boat to China". I would have never signed up for that.

After arguing with Raquel (the supervisor), she said: "The shipment was sent to El Paso by mistake on our part and when El Paso realized the mistake they sent it back to Dallas. It is today in Dallas today and all I can do is tell them to get it out as soon as possible. I can't do more because you bought the cheapest rate". SO I GET TO HAVE A BOOTH AT A TRADE SHOW WITHOUT MACHINERY, I GET TO PAY FOR YRC' S MISTAKES!!!! But wait!!! Raquel offered a consolation prize: She said, "I will sign you up to get automatic updates in your email." Wow!!! Look for alternatives when shipping your freight. There are more companies out there that care about the service and take pride of providing a good service. YRC just cares to take your money, after that, you are on your own and they do whatever they feel like.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

My third and final time!!! I booked a dimensional freight quote for a shipment with them it was $127. Supposed to be a three day shipment, turned out to be almost 3 weeks. Not a problem. Two months later I get a bill for an extra $827, saying that the shipment was 120 pounds over on weight. When I called to question the weight, which was correct, they then stated the Original quote was not honored because of late pick up. When I rechecked the quote, price is actually cheaper at the heavier weight. After going through five people to try to resolve, most of them with no reply, one didn’t even have a Phone number, they then turn it over to collections. I’m done!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Was called for a delivery for flooring products for a house renovation. Called on a Thursday, asked to confirm someone would be there to receive product. Called back, confirmed. Took day off to be available. Told delivery on Friday, between 9 and 5. At 5PM, no delivery. Called terminal. Told driver was in the next town, 2 miles away, would be there shortly. At 7PM, no delivery. Called terminal, told driver returned to terminal. They were not sure why he didn't deliver. Paid for contractors to sit around. Chatted/live chat with YRC web. They sent an email AND called terminal, asked that delivery be first thing Monday AND to call me. At 9.30, no call, no product. Called terminal. Told that "They hadn't read the email from Friday, that the product was on another truck, delivery between 12 and 2."

Furious, I asked why they lied about the Friday delivery, and why should I believe them now? Was told YRC didn't lie to me. Um, OK. You told me between 9 and 5. Was that true? Well, NO. Did it come in a "few minutes" as the truck was 2 miles away? NO. So, when I then asked again, if you were told something that wasn't the truth, is that then a lie? Interestingly, the answer was then "yes." Still no product, still paying contractors to sit around. AVOID THESE SCAMMERS at all costs. They do NOT care about customers.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Picked up a crate in Idaho on Oct 12. On Oct 23, the tracking information stated that it would be delivered on Oct 24. Checked on Oct 24, and the tracking information said it would be here on Oct 26. I cannot wait to check on Oct 26 to see when it will be delivered. When I called them, they gave me their no guarantee on delivery time disclaimer. I did not schedule this shipment from the beginning and will not willingly schedule any shipment with them on my company's dime.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

YRC recently made a new rule! They will not drive their truck unto private property! That means they will not enter your driveway even if there are no obstructions! They want to unload out on the road, and you will need to somehow get your shipment into the building. (In my case, a few hundred feet away. Carry it all in by hand, dude! 4 skids of stuff!) I consider this totally unacceptable delivery. Now you know. Don't use YRC! If you do, the problems are your fault.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I purchase a wide range of product from various distributors. Whenever I see YRC, I cringe knowing that the product will be stuck on the dock and no one will return phone calls. Recently an otherwise reputable distributor decided to utilize YRC on one of my shipments that had a critical time frame of less than 4 days. 2 weeks and several phone calls from both myself and the distributor later and we still do not have the product. Whenever you speak to the dispatcher the dispatcher will transfer you to their "clerk" which appears to be a voicemail that never gets checked. Truly the most awful LTL freight company I have ever seen. Many excuses are given by customer service but there will never.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We manufacture and ship pallets of canoe oars (oars shipped one pair/custom box {8.25" x 3.25" X 42"}, five boxes per staggered layer, 20 layers per plastic wrapped skid, each skid overall measures 42 inches x 42 inches x 70, 8 lbs per cubic foot at NMFC class 85) going to California for about $235.00 each shipment for the last 6 months and have had at least five issues via direct YRC and third party logistics freight companies regarding a class change to Class 150 at the Kansas City hub for rate hike from $2235.00 to almost $600.00 per shipment.

Photos of shipment on our dock, weight from our certified scale and signature of pick-up driver confirms shipment. When the shipment hits Kansas City Hub for freight break to California, it is routinely 'measured by laser'. We have received photos of our skid on the KC facility and wonder-of-wonders a piece of handy rectangular cardboard has been placed on angle on the top of the skid which skews the laser reading to less than 8lb per cu ft. changing the class. Once was an anomaly, three, four times is beyond coincidence!

YRC Freight expert review by ConsumerAffairs

YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. The company transports industrial, commercial and retail goods, and it specializes in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network.  There are also options for international shipping of imports and exports.

• Easy quoting: Get a fast and easy quote by filling out an online form. There’s no need to register or sign in to get a quote, and you can secure your quote quickly with a credit card payment.

• Multiple service options: Choose from three service options: standard, accelerated and time-critical. Time-critical service operates on weekends and holidays at no extra charge to you. Get your freight where it needs to go on time and without a hassle.

• Special services: YRC Freight handles special services beyond standard freight, including shipping for trade shows, military, retail and hazardous materials.

• Logistics solutions: No matter what the situation calls for, YRC Freight is ready to handle it. Their logistics solutions include white glove service, specialized equipment, air freight forwarding and reverse logistics. They can also handle custom projects, such as a roll out or new store opening, with a completely customized solution.

• Easy pickup request: Need to schedule a pickup for today? No problem. Simply fill out the “request a pickup” form on YRC Freight’s website to request and schedule your pickup.

• Best for: YRC Freight is best for commercial and retail businesses who need to ship domestically or overseas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

YRC Freight Company Information

yrc.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business