2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

3.7/5 (2091 ratings)

About USPS

USPS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I have both called and have spoken to someone at the Madison, TN office about the mail carrier continuing to return mail to sender. I was told several times it would be taken care of, yet, I continue to get nothing but junk mail and was just informed yet AGAIN by my employer that more documents have been returned. This has also caused all sorts of issues with billing departments from recent medical procedures, and may have gone into collections because of this.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

So apparently the only qualification you need in order to be a mail courier would be a valid driver's license. In the past year 4 of my packages, according to the tracking number and your website, have been delivered. However 2 of them were found at a house 3 doors down and 6 doors up from me and the other 2 are still missing. The older of the two packages I had to raise a fit about in order to file a claim with someone. The most recent was suppose to have been delivered "in mailbox" today at 3:31 pm. And yet again no one has seen it. And because it was Christmas Eve no one actually wanted to do their job and file a claim. After being put on hold for 45 minutes and being transferred NINE times I gave up. My mail courier has yet to deliver all of my mail to my house in a single day.

EVERY DAY I have to take my neighbor's (multiple neighbors and as far as 8 houses away) mail to them and see if they have any of my mail and sure enough at least two neighbors always have something addressed to my house. Unfortunately today I was not so lucky when I went knocking door to door to find my package. I and many other neighbors have called our local Post Office and complained about our mail courier and nothing has been done. I am not sure if my mail courier is dyslexic, illiterate, or just a straight up thief (I know from personal experience he is unprofessional and rude) but this has gotten really really old. For all of the mail I retrieve and deliver to and from other houses you should really be paying me rather than him. At this point I am seriously considering getting an attorney involved since that seems to be the only way anything will even be remotely close to getting resolved.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I sent a package via Priority Mail to Nashville, Tn. (37214) on 12-17-16 and hasn't reached the destination yet. The USPS ruined my wife's Christmas since the package contains gifts for her and her friends. Yesterday (12-24-16) my wife went to the post office 37214 to claim or pick up the package and they couldn't find it. The order number or tracking number and activities verified my information and can be use as a buyer's receipt.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I mailed out about 20 Christmas cards this year. They were a little bit overweight so I put TWO FULL PRICE STAMPS on each one of them which was about .20 cents in excess of what was required. A few days later I received two of them back because I had put (invisible) tape on the edges of the stamps because they had not stuck very well along the bottom edge. A huge yellow sticker was placed on the top of the recipient address stating that it was returned because: "stamp was reused, defaced or taped!!!!" So we are just suppose to let the stamp get torn off in the sorting machine? I know the USPS is in dire financial condition because the public uses other ways to ship or send documents, WELL IT'S NO WONDER! Obviously they do this to generate more revenue! Sorry A-- , will NEVER use them again, EVER.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

The USPS is by far the worst service in our country. They don't update tracking along the way so it is impossible to see where your package is. They send packages (Priority), to states that are in the wrong direction of where mine should be going. This happened to me three times in one month. They went in the complete opposite direction of where they should have gone delaying delivery. Morons! Our local Wyoming post office NEVER opens on time. I am in my 60's and have never seen anything like this. I think this service needs to be taken over by somebody (anybody) else!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Someone else wrote on their review that if it was possible to give less than 1 star they would do it. That person was so right. On the 12/13 I sent a 1st class package to Seattle, Washington. The tracking number is **. This was sent from the Shadle-Garland office in Spokane, Washington. The package has been sitting in Seattle since 12/15 - undelivered. Its destination is a PO Box in Seattle. I have filed a lost package report. The number is **. This was filed on 12/19. According to the information given I am to be contacted in 3 business days. I have not been contacted.

I went to the post office where the package was sent. The supervisor who talked to me said he would have to send an email to find out where my package was. He said he couldn't get anyone at whatever office the package was at, on the phone. He said he would call me and let me know what the situation was regarding the package. That was also on 12/19. He has not contacted me. Today I went to the main office in Spokane and spoke to a woman who came to the counter with a chip on her shoulder and a look on her face that clearly meant that a tax paying peon like me had no business wasting her valuable time. She told me I couldn't file any sort of lost package report because the package was 1st class mail. What's the point of tracking number if a package can't be found?

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't go to this length to get someone's attention. The package however contains an original copy of a document that has to go the Washington State Department of Licensing and a check for $250. Of course they only accept original documents. Due to my package being lost I am now unemployed. What I have been forced to do is spend $25 to get a duplicate copy and an additional $44 to ship the form. I sent it FedEx. I think the reason why should be readily apparent. So now I am out another $69 to correct this mess created by USPS.

One of the scary things about USPS is that as a customer you have no recourse. They can lose your mail, destroy your mail, or whatever because they are protected from prosecution. If you don't believe me do the research. It should be noted that I will be sending letters to every member of Congress who has anything to do with the United States Post Office. Letters are also being sent to the USPS Board of Governors. No one should have to be subjected to this.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

My husband, John, and I, Mary Would like to thank Mr. ** for his dedicated service each and every day. His interaction and thoughtfulness is so welcoming. He brings back the "good old" days. Also his thoroughness in deliveries. Mr. **, Thank you and wish you a beautiful Christmas and Season. Have a healthy and happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I cannot get them to deliver packages to my home. My house is in a rural area and is a little ways from the main road. My neighbor put a drop box down by the main road on his driveway so they always put my packages in the neighbor's box. Never had UPS do this. Can't figure out why Amazon is using them now. If I know I am getting a package I try to intercept it and I go onto my neighbor's property to get my package. I don't get that many packages so I can't figure out why they won't come back here to my home and put my package on the porch like other carriers, it is not like they have to come back every week.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I sent a priority mail that was supposed to arrive yesterday but until now it hasn't. It had my passport in it. I'm supposed to be spending Christmas with my family in Canada but because of this delay, I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Received an email on 12/19 saying our package arrived in our mailbox. Got home within 20 minutes of the delivery to find that the package was torn open and all contents gone. Filed a claim with USPS. Their response was, not our problem. You're out your money, and the gift you were going to give someone. The gift was a blanket that was special order and took weeks to get. There is no way to get another one in time. Won't be using USPS again. They are absolutely horrible!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I will not disclose my location beyond than saying I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I buy most of my purchases online, it's cheaper and just the easiest way for me to get what I need. My local post office has officially lost or stolen 5 packages in less than 60 days! Living in an apartment building with security desk and locked package room and locked mail slots. 5 packages ranging from large to small have been marked as delivered and they have not been delivered! USPS could care less, multiple missing mail reports have been filed and resulted in zero results. UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Amazon's shipping services have not misplaced or lost a single package... Same mail delivery personnel, same response every single time. So either my purchases are being stolen, lost, misdelivered, or simply discarded. At this point I don't care which one, I just have become sick of watching money disappear and nothing being done about it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Not since Tuesday has the mail carrier come to my street. There was an inch of snow. I could see the first day, because there was some ice and the street is steep, but not the second or third and CERTAINLY not today (and there were no deliveries even at the bottom of the street, which is NOT steep). Two days in a row I had important outgoing mail, my box flag up, and no one came, so I trundled it down to the street box a mile away (late). Yes, I got there, which means the mail carrier could have gotten to my road. Two of the four days, I walked up/down the road myself (the carrier can wear shoe cleats!). One of the days I drove up/down it. There is no excuse; I am not in the Arctic. UPS has continued service (trucks were chained up during first snow day); FedEx trucks are out. Amazon trucks are out. Donor organs are making it to dying patients. Domino's is (ugh) delivering pizza.

This is a week when many packages and cards are going/coming, and I have no mail service. I can't fire the USPS. I have talked to mail carriers of my acquaintance; they say "Whatever it takes, I get it there, even if I have to crawl on my hands and knees up a hill" and I have talked to other people in my city, and their mail is arriving. Four days in a row??? I sent an email to my local branch. These are not life-threatening conditions. If a carrier is sick, or fearful, get an itinerant one; I know there are seasonal and interim/temp carriers. Where is my mail - sitting in piles at the local branch? Couldn't someone have asked me if I wanted to come and RETRIEVE it? And what about the outgoing mail - bill payments? It's all very disappointing and beyond that, befuddling.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

This is the second time now where USPS has "attempted" to deliver a package but no package is to be seen anywhere! No peach slip either!!! I'm so tired of having to wait an additional two days to pick up my package at the Post office because they can't deliver it properly the first time! I need to go out of town and can't wait an extra two days!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I am a top rated seller on eBay. With that being said I depend on U.S.P.S. to make timely deliveries. For the past 2 years I have lost more repeat customers due to late & stolen deliveries by USPS than all other reasons combined. My sales have gone down by almost 70% this year alone. Recently I sent a medium size priority package that cost me over $15.00 to ship with full insurance and a 2-3 day delivery time. That was on the 13th of December and today is the 17th and it shows still in transit to the destination which means it will not be delivered until Monday now which makes 6+ days. It seems like no one really cares either when you call if you're lucky enough to have someone answer. They need to revamp the whole system and get rid of the bad apples. LOL.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

First, whenever I try to call my local P.O., NOBODY ever answers and the phone always auto-hangs up on the 10th ring. I've regularly had mail misdirected, received others' mail including the public library, had packages TOSSED 20 feet from a pathway because the jerk was too lazy to walk up to my door, mail disappear into thin air despite a tracking # (3-4 times), show "delivered" only to BE delivered the NEXT DAY (at least 3 times), expensive 2 day delivery with "perishables" stamped all over the box take FIVE days to arrive, sit in the "hub" for a week or more, be routed to several nearby cities far north and west of me before finally being routed to the correct P.O. for delivery, sit in my nearby hub for up to a week before going out for delivery, and take 3 weeks for a letter to hit my daughter's P.O. box, coincidentally at the same time as a replacement!

And NOW a thin, small box never made it to her box, no note to pick up at the counter was ever placed in her box... nothing! Just an excuse that after 10 days, it was "returned to sender" (me) 27 days ago, because it had a tracking number on it!! And no, I have not received it!! I strongly suspect lazy incompetence throughout the P.O. system and strongly vote to privatize it! And don't ever try and collect on "insurance"... that's a complete joke and waste of time!! THIS is why I HATE and REFUSE to use the P.O. unless there is no other option available!! Next time I will UPS anything to her uncle's house for pickup!! At least then I KNOW it'll arrive and on time!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Ok the USPS is really getting worse but every year they want more money saying they are losing. I wonder why. Ok it all started in Nov when I sent my 10 yr old daughter a birthday card with cash in it to the Atlanta GA area which she never received. My fault for sending cash. My loss. Then 2 weeks ago I sent a overnight package to someone in Ozark Mo. It was a car part to be repaired. Need I say it didn't get there over night like it was supposed to. Sure they gave me a refund the next day. Now on Friday Dec 9th I sent my daughter her Christmas and birthday gift. Looking up the tracking number it got to the Atlanta GA sorting facility on Monday the 11th at 5:23 pm. I was happy it looked on time with a delivery day of Thursday, December 15, 2016. Where it was going is only 25 miles from there.

Now here come the nightmare. All week it kept showing it was still in Atlanta GA but I figured ok on the 15th it will show going to where it's supposed to go. Well no way it never did so I figured it's the holiday rush. The scanning system is running slow all day. It never showed leaving the Atlanta GA sorting facility and it never got delivered. Then later I looked up the tracking again. To my surprise it showed being at the USPS Facility in CHICAGO at 4:05pm. I could not believe this. It never even made it to her address. Not even to her towns post office. I've call 3 times even went to my local post office where I mailed it from. No one not one person can tell me anything that I already don't know from looking up the tracking number. No one even knows why it is even in CHICAGO. Now I don't know what to do. How can they keep running like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I had a package that was to be delivered to me but it had the wrong zip code. The package arrived in Portland, Oregon on November 30th, 2016. Due to the wrong zip code, the package kept being delivered between Hillsboro and Portland and back again. This went on for two weeks. I filed a claim after about 10 days, and explained the situation and the USPS rep told me that somebody would call me.

I received a call from "Renee" in the Portland Distribution Center who left a message. I called back as soon as possible and my call was received by "Brian". I explained the issue to him and he asked for a tracking number. I explained that it was on my phone and that I just had to pull it up. Within 5 seconds, he told me that I could call him back with it and that would "work for him". I told him it would just be a second - totally calmly but perhaps with a sense of urgency as I was trying to find the tracking number - and he yelled "stop yelling at me". I told him I wasn't.

And then I had the tracking number (within 15 seconds), and he told me - "the package has never been here, why are you calling here?". I told him I was just returning the call from the number from someone who called me. He asked, "who was it? I want to tell them that they did not do this correctly". I told him, that I could get the name but it's on my voicemail, do you want me to put you on hold and get it? He disregarded my question and told me that the only way to handle the issue was to run a "package intercept" over the website. I got on the website, put in my tracking number, and the website told me that the package was not eligible for redirection.

I then called back and spoke to "Paolo" who was professional and nice and told me he would contact the Hillsboro Post Office and tell them to hold the package. He said he would call me back once he heard from them. Not receiving a callback, I called back a few days later and got Steven. I tried to explain the story and he shouted at me "I'm not Paolo!". I told him, "I know, you're Steven." I wrote it down. "Why are you guys so defensive?" And then he shifted and told me that my package was being held in Hillsboro and hung up on me. I have no idea where this location is in Hillsboro or how to get it. I don't know why we pay these people with our taxes. UPS and Fed Ex and Amazon are all more helpful. These people aren't just rude. They seem to go out of their way to give you the worst experience possible. I'll never send anything USPS again. I couldn't be more disgusted with these people.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I have a package that say it was delivered that I never received. I went into the local postal, talked a person, and they keep giving me the runaround. I get packages several time a week this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Paid for delivery 2-3 days to ensure homemade desserts were fresh upon arrival. The package also included a homemade memorial ornament. The food items arrived as if the box had been tossed on end and mashed, the ornament broken. Before you suggest, "Did you have the item insured?" stop and consider the fact that this was a homemade, one of a kind MEMORIAL ornament in remembrance of my deceased grandmother. No monetary amount could begin to replace the item the USPS so carelessly handled. Given the dying nature of the USPS, one would assume this government corporation would take greater care to ensure continued use of their service. I don't find this review will bring me any comfort, but must be addressed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

It's not first time I am having delivery problem with this company. Once I paid second day delivery and it was such a hassle to have my item to be delivered in general and then a few months to be kicked here and there to get a refund. Now it's again, the item to be delivered to me today, but, USPS decided it's easier to mark my package as undeliverable as addressed than do the job, though my address has not been changed since 2002 and I have received from this sender quite a few packages before.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I sent a package on Tuesday on Dec.6 2016 and paid for 2 day shipping. Not only did they not receive the package in 2 days but not even on the 3rd day. Now I am stupid for throwing away the receipt where my tracking number might have been, but I called their customer service number and it is truly one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever been through. The recording gave me a timeframe from 14 to 17 minutes, an hour later no one helps. This is why I should have gone to Federal Express. This has been a terrible experience and I will never use the United States postal service again and that is sad.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Twice now I have found my packages thrown over the front fence in an area I can't even see them unless I specifically go out of my way to check. They can't even take the time to walk up my driveway and throw it over the gate where I would be sure to see it!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Management is the main problem here. Time is everything and every employee is pushed. Although some employees are conscientious, most do not care if the delivery is correct or secured as long as they return on time and do not get reprimanded.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I was supposed to receive a return receipt but it never came. I went online and filled-out a claim form. I never received a response. I let it go because I received a response from the addressee. Sometimes it's great sometimes it's not. The service is average. You always have to keep your receipts should there be a problem.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I tracked my package and it shows it has been delivered, but I did not receive it. USPS is the worst postal service online stores can utilize for their customers. How dumb can a person be leaving a package in an open area and apartment with thousands of people going in an out. My package was lightweight and would have fit in the mail box. The moron who left the parcel at the front door to be stolen probably left his or her brain/thinking hat at his front door, because it was not a required tool for his job. I would prefer a note stating I have to pick up my package from the post office than leaving it for someone looking for a free item to grab at the front door. I had no intention of giving out a Christmas gift to anyone this way. I am VERY VERY disappointed at this incompetence. MY ADVICE TO USPS: #Please knock the door and or request a signature. #Please step it up like UPS.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

This has been going on the almost a year. First the carrier stopped our mail delivery 2 times with lies. First time there was a loose dog that looked different than mine and was about 15 houses away and the carrier stopped our mail. We had to photograph the loose puppy and my dog and go into the post office and explain. The supervisor was not very helpful and didn't apologize. And we were forced to sign a form agreeing to NOT let our dog run loose. What? So stupid to insist that we sign the form to get our mail back when it was the carrier's mistake. After that the carrier was always giving me the evil eye and would yell things at me. Then in Sept 2016 he accosted me from behind and started screaming "Why are you AMBUSHING me? Why are you hiding behind that tree?"

He scared me to bad. I didn't hear him coming and he was paranoid and delusional. My dog was doing his business on the grass, I wasn't behind the miniature orange tree he was speaking of. He yelled for 4 or 5 minutes and then the neighbors came out of the house and asked what was going on. He refused to answer. The whole time he was yelling louder and louder and moving closer and closer to me. And I must say, my leashed dog, still didn't bark at this man! I reported this and was told someone would get back to me in 2-3 days but no one ever did! I went down to the post office and supervisor didn't care. THEN the carrier stopped our mail again! He said that (the day he accosted me with witnesses) my dog was off leash! Nothing was ever done. I have avoided him at all cost since then.

Now on Nov. 26th 2016 he comes up from behind me again and starts yelling. He said I was Ambushing him (even though he come up from behind me again!) This time he was cursing. He called me FAT **, said **. I went to the post office and no supervisor there, so I made a complaint on their website. I didn't get a reply. I went back down to the post office and now 10 days have gone by and he is still walking up my street and delivering mail! I wonder if I should call the police. This guy is nuts. There has been witnesses to his paranoid, vulgar rants and nothing happens to him. Not to mention that we were forced to get a p.o. box because of his lies and he told my neighbor to tell me, if I am walking my leashed dog and I see him walking up my street that he expects me to TURN AROUND AND RUN HOME!? WHAT?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

This company sells priority shipping but the receive is similar to regular postage. This company also shoves packages into my mailbox often damaging contents. Unfortunately some companies used this shipping method exclusively. Whenever I have an option I choose FedEx or UPS. They both update their tracking system in real time. The packages are also received the expected day not two days later.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I would give a zero star if possible. After waiting for 45 min. to be assisted with respect to a package that I have not received. The lady supposedly can't hear me and after having the manager on the line and everyone could hear me clearly, she decided to hang up my call without solving any of my questions, well she didn't even speak to me for more than 1 min.. Now I have to contact them again and the wait just to answer the call is more than 50 min.. If these people are not trying well to be in customer service they should not be there at all, I'm wasting more than two hours for the rudeness of this lady who may had a really bad day but now she is making my day very annoying. AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO MY PACKAGE!! What a waste of time. The service is worse and worse each time.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I mailed a birthday card with a gift card in it for my son's birthday in November. They said that they couldn't add insurance on it because it was a gift card so I added a tracking number to it to make sure it got to my son's address. I watched it leave the Salt Lake post office that I mailed it from. It made it through the sorting facility and then to the Midvale branch and out for delivery... Then gone. It never made it to my son's address but it did make it to the truck. 60 minutes aired a show to illustrate the rampant theft problem with USPS but I trusted them. That trust cost me 250.00 (500.00 when you consider that I had to get another card for him). DO NOT MAIL ANYTHING OF VALUE WITH THE USPS... EVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Had a package delivered November 29, 2016 to another address other than mine. Called several times about package with Tracking number, they couldn't locate package. Said nobody was owning up to the delivery. Nobody ever called me back. My regular mailman never received the package it was given to a Temp. Still waiting on my package, almost a week later.

USPS Company Information