1.92/5

4572 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

If I can give a score of 0 I would. Unreliable and unprofessional. My package was kept in the same location for 10 days for no apparent reason or explanation provided to me. LOUSY, Inefficient, unprofessional, and unreliable.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE TO NEVER EVER USE UnitedParcel Delivery (UPS). I placed an order and clearly stated my address but they have admittedly delivered it to a different house on my street! I called and they refuse to give me confirmation of their error and refuse to tell me the house it was delivered to. The only confirmation of their absolute negligence is a call I should be getting from a dispatcher in the morning. This dispatcher is then supposed to go back to the address where they wrongfully delivered the package and try to receive it and deliver it back to my address. I have never experienced such stupidity and poor customer service in a system that is trusted with delivery.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Driver does not know what delivery to FRONT DOOR means - I had a package sent to my sister who was ill. The lazy driver just left it by the garage which is a bit of walk from the front door. This is not the first time one of their drivers has done this. Training needed?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I receive packages pretty frequently from Amazon, USPS and FedEx with literally ZERO issues at my apartment. I've lived here for more than 7 years so it's safe to say I am well experienced with receiving packages fairly easily. UPS is the ONLY service I'm continuously battling and wasting my money on. Every time I order something online it's never delivered nor is there ever even proof they tried to deliver (i.e those typical post it notes they have to explain why my package was undeliverable).

It's gotten to the point I've had to create an account with them just to be notified properly to track my packages, however, it's like clockwork I end up getting an email I have to pick up my package during "convenient hours" (i.e. Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm) at some access point 5 miles away from my office and they never let me change the access point for a more convenient location (like...closer to my office). If anyone is familiar with how LA traffic works you would know how inconvenient this is. Moving forward I will no longer even try to order anything online that uses UPS since they are literally USELESS. After this last issue (they've had my package hostage for 3 days now and still haven't dropped it off at an access point) I will do everything in my power to avoid them at all costs! Once again A COMPLETELY USELESS COMPANY!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I went to a local UPS franchise store located in Powell OH to get an international delivery service. They sold the most expensive service to me by ensuring three days delivery with not mentioning “no guaranteed or expected date". It turned out that I paid $237 to get the package delivered after 15 days. I went to the store asking for the reason. They were so ruled and blamed on me for not paying attention on expected date showed on the receipt. I called the corp, they told me all they can do is file a compliant to the owner. Hey, the owner kicked me out of the store, do you think he cares about the complaint? Postal office has 10 days delivery service for only $70.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I can always tell when my regular UPS driver is working. He delivers. He rings the doorbell and yells out, "DELIVERY!" And places the packages behind a column.

When he is not the delivery driver, no doorbell, no yelling and the driver puts the packages in plain view from the street. You would think that UPS would be more concerned about the porch thefts that are plaguing the country. Oh, and today the packages were left in the rain.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered a package from North Carolina on Friday February 14th. I used UPS 2nd day air. I am not receiving my package until Tuesday February 19th by the end of the day. I paid 2995 for shipping. Get my package 4 days later. United States Postal Service is the best way to send a package. If I would have used Priority Mail I would have gotten my package Monday February 18th instead of Tuesday February 19th and it would only cost me half of what I paid UPS. I do realize that 2nd day air includes business days but USPS delivers 7 days a week.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I live in The Catskill’s, hence mountains and snow. UPS accepts deliveries to my area. Unfortunately, they do not provide their drivers with safe vehicles, I.e. all wheel drive, snow tires, front wheel drive, etc. Therefore, packages consistently get here weeks and weeks late. Furthermore, the drivers get so far behind in their deliveries that on clear days they are trying to catch up and the packages are also not delivered. For the record, FedEx does not seem to have any difficulties. I get my packages on time. Big thumbs down for UPS!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I was wait at home for 13 hours for the UPS delivery from early morning till night. No one rang the doorbell and no phone call from UPS or from the delivery driver. However, the tracking says the receiver is not available. This is not the first time. It’s happened often. They need to improve their service. The way of their work is completely same as people do 40 years ago. Why do they not apply the tech knowledge that people use daily in our life. They should offer options online for the receiver to allow them chose some timeframe for the delivery, especially who need to sign. They come my home for the delivery when I am not at home. They do not how to reach me and let me know that they are doing the delivery while I am waiting for them at home. This is only delivery company doing its job not professional at all like that. And they never have considered how to improve its work. It is the worst delivery company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered a package through Amazon to be delivered on Feb 14, 2019. The tracking showed it arrived in my city but then I received a message it couldn't be delivered that day because of weather. After 4 days still hadn't received it even though the tracking showed it was in Boise. I emailed them 3 times and they continued to lie. Then when I sent them a copy of tracking suddenly they found it. I would never use UPS ever. The worst customer service and they lie about where the packages are to cover their butts for not being able to do their job.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have a long driveway and we have had a huge snowstorm here in Mancelona, Northern Michigan. Our driveway is very long & got snowed in after my husband plowed and we realize it. When we went out, I saw my package safely wrapped up on my back doorstep and foot prints in the deep snow all the way up and down our driveway ❤!!! 5 stars for UPS Ground and bless your heart.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

UPS delivery drivers don’t give a damn about throwing and damaging your packages. Totally non-professional. Every time I have a delivery involving multiple packages it never fails some packages are always damaged or have been reboxed.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

UPS is the absolute worst! I had a 2 delivery and the package got lost the day it was supposed to be delivered. I called 100 times to see if I could pick it up since it was being held 5 miles from my house at a facility center and everyone made it impossible for me to do it. Never again will I be using this piece of crap. I recommend using FedEx - they will never do you wrong.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

In October I shipped all my dishes and glassware back to NY because I in sold AZ. When the cartons arrived all was broken. The franchise owner accused me of lying about whether he had told me to repack those (These packages were accepted by employees with no advice). The owner did not put in my claim for damages without being phoned by my local UPS manager. When the check came for about half of the value of insurance/sending, there was no accounting with it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I currently have a delivery every Friday, this week we had a snow storm. I understand that the delivery would be late. Website said out for delivery, delivery attempted. Then delayed till Monday, Monday out for delivery, delivery attempted, Tuesday out for delivery, delivery attempted, Wednesday out for delivery, delivery attempted, Thursday finally delivered. This was a food service delivery, all food was bad in danger zone. Wednesday the supervisor call and stated the order was on the truck but would probably not be delivered. This was not very professional. If the website says delivery attempted, that should be the truth, not that "We decided that the weather was too bad, so we went back to the depot." If the competitors can make their deliveries why can’t UPS.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A medical prescription was sent out the day before and I was told, "You have to sign so please be home." Well I have been home all day. Can't shower or anything, go to the store, nothing. It is now 6:30 and once again it has not yet arrived ruining my plans for the day and the evening. Thanks again UPS.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was receiving an important letter by next day air, via UPS. I was notified that it had been delivered but I couldn’t find it by my front door where UPS always leaves it. I called and was told to check my mailbox!!! Since when has it become legal for anything other than USPS to be put in a mailbox? It might have taken the driver 2 minutes to bring it to my door, which is what they get paid to do! The area for left at said... other released, so I had no idea where to look. I realize good help is almost impossible to find now. Everyone just wants a paycheck and do as little as possible. This is just another example of that. UPS used to have higher standards!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ship and receive upwards of 30-40 packages per month – not a huge volume, but certainly more than the average person. Over the last few years, UPS shipping rates have increased 3 or 4 times faster than the FedEx or USPS (or even DHL) and their reliability in on-time delivery has plummeted. I think their record for my packages is about 60 percent on time deliveries. FedEx, on the other hand, is at 100 percent on time for me -- and they cost up to 40 percent less. UPS is a great if you have money and time to burn. Most expensive, and least dependable of all delivery companies.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I placed an order through Amazon and paid for next day delivery. It was shipped UPS and I sat at home waiting all day for the package. As a My Choice UPS member. I received a follow me link and it showed the driver around the corner all day. In many instances in one location for excessive periods of time. Yet no delivery. Then all of a sudden I see the truck outside and he pulled a u turn. No attempt at delivery and I get a notification that they missed us. Sorry.

I called customer service, was on hold for over an hour and they did nothing. Stated, "We will send someone back this evening" knowing it was high priority. Now I get a call from distribution center that the issue was that our call box is broken. It is not. I have pictures to prove it. Plus we watched the driver pull a u turn and not even attempt delivery. Let alone go to the call box. Management refuses to do anything about it. They are careless and could give a crap about the people they are paid to service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I sent in my Xbox One X to Microsoft to be repaired. When Microsoft sent it back I received a text on Monday saying my package will be there on Tuesday. Tuesday night I received another text saying it will be delivered Wednesday. It is now Wednesday and it is late at night and the package hasn't arrived yet. I called customer support to find out where my package is or to receive at least SOME clarification but after explaining the situation to the customer support agent, he simply told me it is on its way to me then he proceeded to hang up on me. I am shocked that this is what UPS calls "customer service". It is no wonder DHL is the main postage service here in Germany.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I paid for the next day air service. Arrived first thing in the morning to the final facility where they load the trucks (in my town, I frequently order packages and know people who work there). There was some dust-sized hail and they delayed my package. Happens constantly. The tracking Information updates to say delay and doesn't tell you anything. Their website is a train wreck and their customer service is worse. I wouldn't even recommend them to my enemies.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

UPS is extremely unreliable. They are constantly delaying delivery if the weather here in Michigan might be unpleasant. For example, we had snow this morning (less than an inch), the roads are fine but UPS has once again delayed delivery another day. We are days away from having our baby and our urgent baby (rushed btw) packages from UPS have now been delayed almost a full week. FedEx has delivered every day. Always choose FedEx over UPS when you have the choice!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Amazon scheduled a pick up for an item that I was returning and said that I was to be available on a specific day so that the UPS man could pick up my package. So I took a day off work and when he came he didn’t even knock or ring my bell just left. I tried to contact you piece of paper on my door and when I called customer service to tell them what happened they're just "I’m sorry let me give you a location where you could drop off the item instead of having the delivery driver turn around because he just drove away to pick up the package."

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have the misfortune of having had a package sent to me using UPS which arrived whilst I was out. UPS immediately dropped the package at an "Access Point" which was not convenient so I contact them and made arrangements for re-delivery the following week which were confirmed with the depot by phone. UPS then tried to redeliver whilst I was away (and before the date arranged for re-delivery). Seeing that this had occurred on the tracking information I made two phone calls to confirm that delivery would take place as previously arranged and was told it would.

When the package was not delivered I used web chat to contact UPS. After eventually getting a live person to chat with I was then told that I would be passed to another department who after taking many details told me what I could already read on the tracking page and advised me that as they were in the US I would need to call the UK telephone number. (The one that had already told me delivery would be made that very day!)

Losing faith in UPS (!) I called the vendor of the product I was due to receive delivery of, they contacted UPS and arranged for delivery of the package today. I again confirmed delivery by phone with UPS - as you will have guessed no package showed up - webchat told me to call the local number, the local number arranged for the depot to call and the depot tells me that they don't know where the package is or when it will be delivered... 7 phone calls, 4 webchats, zero promises kept & no parcel. UPS are impenetrable, unreliable, apparently untruthful and above all fail at the basics of delivering a package which their competitors do so slickly.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

When I get something delivered it usually means to my door. Not UPS. It means chase down their truck and have driver hand it to you from the driver's seat. Driver refused to park and walk 35 yards to my house on a hill. Lazy, lazy, lazy, what kind of people do you folks hire. FedEx has delivered many packages over last 2 months. Most had to park and walk up my driveway.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Hi, I shipped luggage bag, while shipping the lady at the store asked me to take insurance such that if any damage or any items lost during shipping we will be covering. So I took insurance to be on the safer side. Bag was shipped on time with all the items in the bag but the bag got damaged. It was damaged in such a way that I cannot reuse for next time. As I have Insurance, I called UPS and requested to claim but they denied and said Insurance can be claimed only at the store where I shipped. This is Insane they never told me that when I am taking Insurance or while shipping. I sent an email to the Shop Manager along with the PICs in which state I received the Package. She responded next day and said she will submit the claim to UPS corporate behalf of me.

After few weeks and many follow ups I got a response from store Manager that UPS denied my claim and they are working to refile. Again after few weeks I got an email that they need the Bag pics with the UPS shipping label on it. Are they expecting me to have that Bag and Shipping label for one month and they don't want to use the PICs which I shared earlier. While shipping and taking insurance they never explain such a crap process but when the situation really arises UPS showed me their real service which is really ridiculous. In this competitive and transparent world, you should be honest to your customers as you expect honest from Customer when they are claiming. Don't charge to customers if you are not able to provide service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Have a time sensitive envelope needing to reach me in Yakima, WA. This was a two day ship. The parcel flew from Dallas, TX to Illinois Feb 7 and then late the 7th arrived Seattle, WA. Tracking said, "Adverse weather could not put on plane." Then Feb 8th arrived Renton, WA and would arrive next business day. Now here we are Feb 11 and package still in Renton 129 miles from me. Still saying adverse weather. I was in Seattle Friday Feb 8th and returned home yesterday no problem. Now the roads are closing and the package never moved. These people are thieves and are nonproducers. Now the weather is on us and my deadline behind me.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Had fish next day shipped from Florida on Friday to Holland Michigan via UPS. Fish was cleaned and frozen with dry ice in a cooler. Supposedly a delivery was attempted and a note was left. UPS provided no help in Michigan to get the package and updated at 12 am Sunday that I could pick up the package on Monday. So by the time Monday comes the fish will be spoiled. I'm very disappointed in UPS for the way they handled this. I will never ship perishable items with UPS again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

UPS is the absolute worst shipping company ever. I shipped a guitar amp and guitar cabinet. Collectors editions. They were shipped in their original manufacturer’s box which has the gross weight and dimensions printed right on the front of the box. I went with this weight and dimensions when shipping. The items arrived with the buyer and the cabinet had a corner broken off and a wheel broken. The amp had an indentation on the tolex.

We were going to file a claim, but their procedure is to take the package back, hold it for inspection then send it back to me regardless of the claim outcome. Rather than have the buyer be without an amp and me get sent back damaged goods, we agreed on a compromise. I paid him $250. Then to add insult to injury, UPS charged me an additional $105 because of a 2 inch difference in the box. I cannot believe this. I am sick that I even had to pay what I did for such horrible service, now they want more money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I recently had a phone shipped with UPS and it was suppose to be overnight. When it arrived in Atlanta I received a message stating it was incorrectly sorted. When I called customer service they were of no help. No one could tell me if my package was there or in route to me. My phone is a work phone and due to their (UPS) mistake I lost out on a day's wage and still don’t have my phone. I’m not big on leaving reviews but if this helps anyone upon reading this please know if you need your package promptly I don’t recommend this company.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information