1.60/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4254 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I mailed a Christmas package on the 17th to be delivered on the 21st of December. I was supposed to have a tracking number. When the Christmas package wasn't received by the 22nd of December I called UPS and started an investigation. Nobody ever contacted me. I was told my package was never sent. So I called The Mail Room, a business where all they do is mail packages. The Mail Room said they had proof UPS had my package. Now UPS says The Mail Room decided to mail my package. I guess it's supposed to arrive January the 4. Really so where was my package from December 17 to the 28??? So much for the tracking number. Really I don't know if I will even get my package. How do I know if they have it? The Mail Room says they are lying. Great. Should I just wait and see or tell my friends they will finally get their Christmas presents. Strange. I can't believe I paid them 50.00 dollars to mess up my Christmas. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I haven't had much experience with UPS until recently. I have had 4 packages delivered by them, and had to fight with customer service to get each and every one. First, every single package arrived later than promised. Then, the driver kept wanting to take my packages to an "access point" several miles from my house instead of leaving it with the apartment complex office like every other carrier does if I am not home. I specified multiple times over the phone and online that I did not want my packages taken to this "access point" (which by the way is a gas station) but that didn't matter.

Every customer service rep is rude and most barely speak English. I was even hung up on twice because I demanded my packages be redelivered instead of having to go to that stupid access point. If I wanted to go pick up my purchases, I would drive to the store, not pay someone to take them somewhere else for me to pick up. Ugh. So over UPS and I will never purchase from anyone who uses them to ship again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Ordered two different items, one from TX the other from CA. Both arrived to their local distribution warehouse in reasonable time. The one from TX has been sitting in Shrewsbury, MA on 12/24/18 at 7:30am. It's now 12/27/18 at 2pm and it's still in Shrewsbury, MA. When I call they said "that's the date we will deliver it" (12/28/18), 3 whole days after it arrived to ship.

The second was a shipment from CA. It arrived in Chelmsford, MA on 12/27/18 at 11am. This warehouse is the warehouse that all packages in my area come from. According to the claim rep it will not be delivered until 1/2/19. Why is it going to sit in a warehouse for 6 days. They can deliver it for the next 3 days. The excuse I got was "it's in a truck with 5000 packages." Ok but if it shows it arrived in that location means it's been scanned in so it's out of the truck and it's ready to be shipped. I was told I could not even pick it up until 1/2/19. Chelmsford is 1/2 hr from me. Poorest and most unreasonable shipping company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is horrible. They read from a sheet.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I know the holidays can make life tough for UPS. But if they can't handle it then don't take the business! People like myself still have a business to run. I need deliveries and I need them on time. If something happens I need them redelivered. But taking my delivery to a UPS store so I have to run around to pick up my package that you are paid to deliver is ridiculous. Especially with only one missed attempt. Furthermore when I call customer service I shouldn't have to argue to speak with a supervisor and hung up on when I ask them for an identification number to add the service rep to my complaint. I will never use UPS again. Ever!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

UPS is the worst. In 20 years I have never received a package from UPS that wasn't ** up. Always delays. Never on time. They seem to always require a signature, but come at hours when no one is home. They lie about making deliveries. Since UPS can't bring a package to a doorstep properly, I scheduled a pickup at an access point. Now I get a message that says they can't bring it to the access point. So now what? Are they just going to keep the ** package for eternity? Their website tracking is inaccurate, and non-descriptive. They completely leave the customer out in the dark. To hell with UPS. I will never use them for shipping anything

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered a gift paid for guaranteed 3 day shipping. 3 days later I track the package and it's just sitting in Chelmsford. No Christmas present to give on Christmas now and their customer service tells me to call the company I ordered it from for a refund. They won't do anything to fix the situation.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered a package on the 19th which was shipped on the next day from Target. The item was coming from only 17 miles away from my home. I was getting 2 day shipping. But when I tracked the package they had it in the same location for 4 days. That is the final location until delivery maybe 20 minutes away from me. But now it says I won't get it until the 27th of December. So it will take UPS a entire week to deliver a package from Target which is only 17 miles away. How pathetic is that. Now my family member is not getting his gift on time for Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered a watch for Christmas! I paid 3 day shipping on the 17th! My watch was pushed off until the 24th. I tried to be understanding, but with a company that is so underhanded you CANNOT be understanding, you must watch them through every step otherwise you WILL not get what you want and when. I called at 5pm asking about my package and the customer service rep told me that due to the Christmas conditions deliveries would be happening later than usual. Apparently, someone in the customer service center is LYING then because at 10pm my package was set to be delivered the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS. I called again at 10pm and spoke to someone else. They then told me that my package had NEVER LEFT THE FACILITY despite my app tracking the package saying it was out for delivery and the vendor sending me frequent updates on the status of tracking saying it was due to be delivered as well.

In addition, I received an update around 10 prompting me to call saying my package would be delivered the day after Christmas. I then question the new representative of how this could be as he was claiming there was no in the facility, and my package was never shipped. He was implying that the system changed the status of my package at 10pm at night even though he insisted the facility closed at 6pm. Then I must wonder, why did it ever say "out for delivery" if it never left the facility? I am completely disgusted to be paying for 3 day shipping and lied to. If it never was shipped I could have picked it up from the facility, if it was out for delivery it should have been delivered! Not 2 hours before Christmas day! I will NEVER ship with this company again! My Christmas is ruined! Goodbye UPS and I will not be surprised when you shut down! I am blocking them from delivering to my address.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered some items from American Eagle for my son as a Christmas present. I wanted to get them here before Christmas so I chose to upgrade my shipping to deliver to an access point. (Advised by one of their customer service representatives). Now I am being told that it’s still “in transit” and will not deliver until Wednesday? Not only that but being delivered to a completely different location. Thanks UPS. I’ve canceled my account and will never use your services again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Paid $45.44 guaranteed 3 day ship for a special handmade gift for my granddaughter who lost my grandson, her brother in car accident!!! She knew she was getting a gift from heaven from her brother and package has sitting in Philadelphia for 4 days now, I live in New Jersey! They’re saying it won’t be here until Thursday by end of day! Why did I pay $45.00 guaranteed to break this little girl's heart!!! You try to explain why her brother in heaven are late when she’s missing him like crazy and she now thinks he doesn’t care because of UPS and their lack of care!!!

I’m so broken hearted because I had a choice of using FedEx and shipper said she used UPS because it was closer and GUARANTEED!!!! SHAME ON YOU UPS AND YOUR LIES AND BROKEN PROMISES! Thank God I wasn’t waiting for a kidney or liver! Called on phone, on hold 34 minutes to hear “we’re overwhelmed with delivering!!" Really are you because most well run businesses know to hire extra help for Christmas and we certainly paid top dollar to be given the shaft and kicked to the curb this way!!! FEDEX ALL THE WAY. ALL THE TIME FROM NOW ON! By the way if your package isn’t delivered 1 second after promised time you don’t have to pay!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was waiting for the 2nd attempt of my package today. Since it was guaranteed by 8 pm, I decided to wait outside for the driver at 7:30 pm... 8:05 I checked online. Said delivery attempted at 7:46. No ** way as I was standing there the entire time. Driver didn't attempt to deliver. Just marked as attempted and went home. Didn't even come within 5 blocks... I've had this happen before with them. Terrible business practice. Now I need to sort out the 3rd delivery attempt before they return it the day before Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

This is my 4th horrible experience with this company. First time, I was doing a remodel on my kitchen and ordered a custom made oven out of California. The delivery person dropped my oven in my driveway leaving a ton of broken glass in my driveway. He put the broken oven and box back in his truck and left stating it had been delivered. Luckily I have surveillance cameras and was able to capture the entire incident on camera. I contacted UPS and informed them of what happened, they tried to make excuses but couldn’t deny what was on camera.

Long story short, the company resent another oven only to wait 5 more days tracking the package when a message appeared stating the package was damaged and couldn’t be delivered. At that point I went with another company with a different carrier. Next, I ordered a Apple Watch on Dec 2, 2017 from Costco with a delivery day of Dec 7, 2017. I kept checking the website which stated it was in transit. It's now Dec 12, 2017. I called UPS to see what the problem was and was placed on hold and transferred numerous times and no could explain where my package was. Was told to give it a few more days. Dec 19, 2017 still no package and no new updates.

At this point I called Costco, cancelled the entire thing and went to Apple Store to purchase it as it was a Christmas present for my husband and couldn’t wait any longer on these idiots. Next, I ordered a package from Fingerhut as a Christmas present this year. Dec 12, 2018 was picked up on the 17th and a delivery date of Dec 22, 2018. I waited all day. The tracking information stated all the way until midnight that it was out for delivery. It never came. This morning when checking the tracking it now states, "No new information on this package. Will update when new information is available." I promise you when ordering anything else online if that company uses UPS THEY Will NOT Be GETTING MY BUSINESS!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered a new iPhone on 12/21/18. It was supposed to be delivered next day. I waited for my package all day long, checking the updates for my deliver until 9:30 pm and still said: "In transit" when I know the drivers stop delivering by 9 o'clock. This company ruined my plans of receiving my Christmas present from my husband on time!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered a gift from a company on 12/19, with a delivery date of 12/22. Since I live in New York City and this is a larger item, I regrettably did not do in-store pick up. On 12/22 I sat in my home all day whilst tracking claimed my package would arrive by "end of day." I called UPS customer service as it got dark out, and was again assured the package would arrive that evening. By 9pm, with a wasted day and no package, I reached out to UPS Help on Twitter, and was eventually told the package wasn't even out for delivery and it would be another few days, but they could not get more specific.

I then spent an hour on hold with UPS, only to give up, hang up, and call back to wait on hold for another 20 minutes. I finally got to speak to another customer service representative, who told me it would not arrive until 12/27. This is absolutely absurd. I've never had a fantastic experience with UPS but they're really failing in a spectacular way right now. Ultimately, I had to call the company that did its job and shipped on time, find out what my options are, re-purchase the item this time with in-store pick-up, and will have to refuse UPS delivery whenever they finally get around to delivering the package. Go with FedEx if you have a choice. I ordered something on 12/20 and it arrived by mid-afternoon 12/21 via FedEx. Never again, UPS. They do not even deserve to exist as a company.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

On 12/20/2018 I called a company at 10:00 am to place an order of something I needed by Sunday 12/23/2018 and I asked if I had it shipped overnight UPS would I receive it Friday 12/21/2018. They informed me yes it would ship by 12:00 noon 12/20/2018. So I placed the order and paid the high price of overnight shipping with UPS. On Friday 12/21/2018 I watched my tracking sent by the seller. They had my package scanned arriving in Atlanta at 12/21/2018 at 7:48 am shipped from Atlanta to my local office at 12/21/2018 10:20 am arriving at my local office at 11:50 am. 5 1/2 hours later I received a email from UPS saying the flight was late? How could it be on a plane? It was already at my local office?

Saturday morning I get a email from UPS saying my package I needed by Sunday was rescheduled for delivery to Monday 12/24/2018 by 8:00 pm. I called UPS. They were delivering all international and domestic overnight scheduled for delivery 12/22/2018 on that date. Why not my package. I went to my local UPS office and my package was actually there on a truck to go out on Monday 12/24/2018. I asked if I could get the package? I was informed the truck was ready to go out Monday and I couldn’t get the package.

I explained I needed the package by Sunday 12/23/2018 that the package and all the money spent on it does me no good on Monday night. All UPS could say, "I’d sorry, once your package is delivered on Monday night." I could call UPS and request a shipping refund which would take 4 to 6 weeks. What Sorry service. 30 feet from the package and I could not get it because they needed to deliver it on Monday after failing to deliver it on the scheduled day of 12/21/2018 or delivering it on 12/22/2018. No, it did not require a signature. Just terrible! And Merry Christmas to them!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had my friend ship a package, it was suppose to be here Wednesday, it's now Saturday. My package was on the truck Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and they kept taking my package back to the facility at 6pm because of 'operating conditions'. It's Florida, y'all are use to the rain. You act like it's Baltimore and y'all got snow. I tried calling UPS and been on hold currently 2 hours. Never again...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I paid $40 dollars to have my package 2nd-day air shipped. The company did their part and shipped the package in time via UPS. UPS tracking said my package would be delivered today on December 21st by the end of the day. Today the 21st I checked for updates and saw it was in fact checked in about an hour and twenty minutes from me on its away. Night time has came around and it was 8:50 at night. I tried to check again and it said it was just departure scanned from the location one hour and twenty minutes from my house at 8:40 at night.

It took me 50 minutes to actually get to talk to a real person at UPS over the phone. She told me that even though it was supposed to be here today and has been 1 hour and 20 minutes from my house the whole time today, that now it is not scheduled to be here until Monday the 24th and there is no reason for it and there is nothing they can do about it. Besides the horrible customer servicing taking 50 minutes to figure that out, besides the fact that they have ruined my chance at giving this present to the attended recipient before Christmas, I paid $40 to have it arrive today which is more than the entire present cost. I then sat for 15 minutes on hold with them waiting to talk to someone who I was transferred to about getting a refund for that wasted shipping fee.

Finally when the lady came on the line she said they do not handle refunds and I would have to have the company I purchased it from submit a form to UPS to get me a refund. I then asked for a manager, only to be told it would be over an 1 hour wait time to talk to one. It is now almost 10:00pm and I have no Christmas present for my friend, have sat on the phone with UPS for 1 hour and 10 minutes, paid $40 for rush shipping, and have come to absolutely no conclusions and no accountability for that. Someone in the BBB should really look into this company better and or I sure hope the ones invested in it start paying attention and giving a damn.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have been waiting on my package for over 3 weeks now. I have been on the phone with representatives since the 18th and each one of them has said my package will be redelivered the next day and there were no package. I had to call again and stayed on hold for 45 mins. All my calls are recorded on my end and I am pursuing to look into further investigation... Either the “deliverer” is a COMPLETE THIEF. THEY HAVE NOT CAME TO MY HOUSE. I'VE BEEN WAITING. LOOKING OUTSIDE EVERY CHANCE I GET.

This is the most horrible service. I will never use UPS again as long as I live. If I cannot get another company to deliver to me I will not order anything offline again if it involves UPS. I will call everyday multiple times until I get my package delivered and will leave reviews everytime I call. Next time I’m putting names on this website. I hope you all have the most horrible holidays and your packages get LOST (stolen) because that’s what happened to me. Maybe the driver was a bum and stole packages for the family they don’t have. BURN IN HELL UPS. Hope you go bankrupt. :) You don’t get no stars from me. Lucky I had to put one in order to post this.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Ordered from Best Buy overnight shipping (UPS Next Day Air Saver) on DEC 19. Delivery was scheduled for the 20th. According to Best Buy UPS did not make their scheduled pick up on the 19th, but I can’t confirm that so I’ll leave it alone. Package ships in the AM on DEC 20. DEC 21 at 8 AM I show that the package has arrived in DFW heading to Houston. ETA DEC 21. Then at 1020 AM a delivery exception happens. Truck did not make it to DFW in time. At this point I still totally understand; it’s the Holidays. Delays happen. I start to call UPS support to ask if I can get the package delivered to the main office at my apartments so my wife and I can travel for Christmas. UPS CSR tells me that actually the package is already in Houston and is in the dispatch center closest to me! Says it will deliver today.

So now the tracking is a literal mess. They end up readjusting the tracking because at one point today they had a package scan in DFW and Houston within minutes of each other. These cities are 4 hours away. So... I wait around. Tracking on the web shows just an arrival scan at the local dispatch office. But ETA still shows today by end of day. At this point I just want to know if the package is coming or not so we can travel. And by the way, the UPS app says Out For Delivery... So nothing matches at this point.

I call UPS support once more to try and find out what is going on as it’s nearing 6 PM local time. UPS CSR tells me since their truck was late arriving in DFW, the package arrived too late at the dispatch center today to be put on a truck and it WILL NOT deliver today. Mind you, EVERYTHING else says ETA today by end of day and varies from saying arrived at local dispatch to out for delivery.

At this point I ask the UPS CSR, "Can we just have the delivery routed to the main office of my apt because I really need to be going now and then now, the contents of the package are valuable. And I’ll be gone for several days." UPS tells me, "Nope! Must be done with the shipper." Best Buy! I ask, "Can I just come pick it up because my package is evidently 10 minutes away at a distribution center." But I am told no. Even though I paid for Next Day Air Shipping... I get to wait until the next business day... Monday! So I call Best Buy who tell me according to their records... The package is set to deliver TODAY.

At this point to say I’m exhausted with UPS and their CSRs is a massive understatement. They only seem to have the same tracking info that’s on the website and can literally do NOTHING for you other than repeat what’s on the website. Moving forward, if UPS is who a shipper is using, I’ll ask for someone else. We already use FedEx at my job and know why? Because they rarely miss their promised delivery dates and when you call their CSRs, they can give you information. They can make things happen. UPS customer support really doesn’t do anything except place you on hold with music for a half hour and repeat over and over the same info on their website and do nothing to help you get the status of your package. If you really don’t care about it being on-time or having accurate tracking then maybe UPS is a good choice for you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

As of last night my package was in state and in route to me to be delivered today. Now somehow my package is not coming for another week from another state! UPS Customer service can’t explain to me where my package went that was less than an hour from my house in NJ and is now coming from Ohio and taking another week. They said and I quote "they decided that it would be redelivered this way" what??? It was never delivered. Sooo sometime between the two towns they would have to drive to deliver my package which was on route as of 2 am for delivery today "it was decided" that it would go to Ohio and get redelivered after Christmas on the 26th... Yes mamma that's what happened omg!!! Do they even hear what they are saying. Try to get a straight answer. All they do is repeat the same illogical nonsense and put you on hold for 30 min at a pop. I'm seething with the incompetence.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Just got a notice on our door that, even though there were 3 of us at home waiting on a package for Christmas and sitting where we could hear either a ring or a knock, somehow ups is “sorry they missed us”. I went outside 30 minutes after they supposedly tried it get us and saw the notice stuck to the door and then spent the next 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get in touch with an actual person at UPS and then the next 30 minutes trying to talk to them.

Apparently the only options when the driver has decided that your bell isn’t worth ringing is to wait on the untrustworthy drivers for another business day (this doesn’t work when you have taken a day off of work specifically to get your package) or have it left at a depot in the middle of nowhere and go in the next business day to pick it up. But you can’t pick it up at a normal hour- only between 7 and 9am on a weekday, which is not easy with small children in tow. I have had such wonderful experiences with FedEx and Canada Post that this is horribly frustrating and unacceptable. I will never use UPS again and will be avoiding buying online from any company that ships with them in the future, and will be advising my company and all of my associates to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I was expecting a package that was supposed to be on the 18th. Now, on the 20th, I waited the whole day. I checked at 7pm, front door, there was nothing. My upstairs lights was on, and my two dogs barks at doorbell rings. At 8pm, I checked the status and saw something was wrong. I checked the door outside and saw they left a notice. My lights were on, they knew I was home. There was no doorbell ring because I did not hear any, and my dogs would bark at the doorbell rings. I wish I had cameras just to prove it. Ironically, the package I was waiting for was a 4 camera piece from Costco.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Next Day Air = 3 day delivery. I purchased a Christmas gift for my niece and selected UPS next day air on the 18th for delivery on the 19th, it is now 12-20 11:00 PM, and still no package. After sitting on hold for 40 minutes waiting to speak with a representative I'm told that I'll most likely receive the package tomorrow. I'm beyond frustrated with the horrible overnight service provided by UPS.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I've had a package sitting at my front door for over a week trying to return it due to the damage that UPS caused. These people are a bunch of bozos. Looks like I will have to take legal action against them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I work for a book distributor. We rent textbooks to colleges and high schools so we depend on our products being picked up and delivered on time. Since we reuse rental merchandise it is very important that we be able to give accurate tracking information to our clients. Today alone UPS missed 3 pickups and cost us tens of thousands of dollars. We may have to wait nearly a month for our merchandise to be picked up as schools are closing for Christmas and New Year. Customer service and dispatchers really don't care and can't provide basic information as to why service contracts are not honored. The excuse I got today was "we don't go there every day." So what? We arranged a pickup and therefore you knew we wanted this done on a particular day at a particular time and even if you can't get there on the day, contact the people paying for the service so they know. UPS is absolute fraud.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

UPS cannot give accurate tracking info to save their life. Constantly says will be delivered today for over a week and a half, on 3 separate occasions. I wouldn't trust them with a postcard, let alone anything of value. Fedex can tell me where all 15 packages I send each week are at any given moment. UPS can't tell me where ANYTHING is within 1000 miles, nor when it will arrive. Half my items show up so beat up it looks like Ace Ventura dropped them off. What a garbage company. How can any company be worse than USPS??

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a Christmas gift on 12/6. It arrived at my local UPS facility on 12/10. I kept checking the status and it continuously said "in transit". On 12/19 I had not yet received the package, which still states as "in transit". So I finally called UPS to be placed on hold for over 15 min only to find out my Christmas gift was to be delivered on 12/12 and "we don't why it hasn't, let me connect you to the investigations dept" meanwhile I'm on hold for another 10 min! This is absolutely ridiculous! Then I get told that my package is lost! Mind you this 6 days before Christmas! I personally would never chose UPS to ship anything.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

A package was sent expedited (2 day delivery) from Toronto to Sudbury on Dec. 13th. It arrived in Sudbury on Dec.14th. The message updated on the online shipment tracking as of Dec. 14th says "Due to operating conditions your package may be delayed and will be rescheduled". The same note appears for Dec. 16th. It is now Dec.19th and it still says the same thing so I called them. I mentioned that an expedited service was paid for and the weather has been very nice here so I don’t understand what can be causing the delay. Could I come pick the package up at the UPS location since they cannot deliver the package. They said, "No. Sorry we can’t do that" since there wasn’t an initial attempt at delivering to the address but they will send a message to the facility. At this point I’m thinking they lost the package.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I paid for 2nd day air on the 17th, package was shipped by vendor, UPS picked it up on 12/17 but it is still in Greensboro, NC as on Dec19th at 5:47 am. On the 18th UPS puts on the tracking details that there is a Severe Weather Delay that is keeping my package from moving. It's only going 800 miles from Asheville NC to Reading PA and the weather was cloudless, windless, snowless, rainless, there was literally no weather event happening ANYWHERE on the East Coast. Clearly UPS lies about weather delays in order to NOT reimburse customers when they (UPS) miss guaranteed delivery dates. UPS does not value its customers, UPS conspires to lie to customers and you should not give them any more of your money.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Said my package was delivered and signed for. Never arrived. Signature forged. Driver finally return my COMPUTER with the package opened. No explanation on why signature was forged and labeled as del.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information