3.69/5
Based on 4,318 ratings submitted in the last year

4709 United Parcel Service - UPS Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

My package (for Mother's Day) was due to arrive today. It crossed the country without delay and status says is arrived at the San Pablo Hub at 5:09 PM yesterday. That is way more time than needed to move the package to West Sacramento, then Rancho Cordova for delivery to my UPS Store. At 10:00 PM, a one business day delay for severe weather was imposed. Weather in nearby Oakland was 57 degrees, skies less than 20% clouds, wind 9.9 mph and 0% chance of rain.

Today I tracked my package multiple times. It arrived in West Sacramento at 1:19 AM today, but was never transported to Rancho Cordova for delivery. Customer services reps assured my the package was out for delivery by 8 PM. Since my UPS Store closes at 6, I waited in the parking lot. At 7:59 PM I contacted UPS again and they now said it was delayed until the day after Mother's Day. "Ask UPS" gave the most sarcastic answer ever. I asked will my pack arrive today and it answered, "Can't you see it is out for delivery?" Word-For-Word!!!

The failure started when my package was 73 miles from me with 26 hours and 51 minutes to do their job. There was no weather impact. That was a lie. It was never out for delivery. Probably a misinterpretation of the status by well-meaning employees. "Ask UPS" needs to take lessons from Siri. The real issue may have been high volume for Mother's Day gifts. Oh, by the way, we are a family of UPS employees. (One retired, one that sorted at the West Sacramento facility for 7 years. It is a great company that seriously let us down on this transaction.)

Original review: May 10, 2019

Of course I did not accept it, the driver deemed it "undeliverable due to damage" after the fact. Obviously UPS knew of the damage at the time they did it. Instead of admitting it and immediately reversing the shipment back to the sender they continued to ship it and deliver it to me in hopes that I would accept it and place the burden between myself and the sender. To add insult to injury, I was approached by a neighbor that I do not know inquiring if I received my piano. When I asked, "how do you know about that?" The answer was, "I asked the delivery guy what apartment it was going to and he told me your number".

Absolutely unacceptable! It is not UPS's place to divulge to anyone what deliveries are going to my address, publicize what valuables are entering my home, or give the the exact location of where they may be leaving it outside. This is a serious privacy violation and potential theft risk concern. The Piano was a warranty replacement and this nonsense cost me days of lost work waiting for deliveries and weeks without the instrument (invaluable).

Original review: May 9, 2019

This company is COMPLETE TRASH!!! They’ve shipped all customer service overseas to people that COMPREHEND English. It’s not acceptable that they can speak it but not COMPREHEND it. I was given a quote that I was told was being saved to my profile. I called back in and that quote was nowhere to be found. I was told that even if they listened to the call, they would not be able to honor the quote. This is NOT how you do business.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We live in a secure, high-rise apartment building and the office is open from Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until noon. This building is forty years old and UPS drivers have managed to make deliveries all this time until recently. The driver has not been able to make it here before noon twice this week and if I hadn’t called them today the driver would probably return the shipment to the seller tomorrow. But I have to go pick it up from a UPS store to make sure I receive it. There are 180 apartments in this building and UPS is usually here every day and other residents are having trouble with deliveries too. When I talked to UPS there was no apology given. I tried to email them and couldn’t get very far because of their system. It’s very frustrating.

Resolution response: May 9, 2019

This was resolved.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I received an email that my package was delivered and left at my front door. Two problems right there: 1) I was home, near my door, and no one even knocked on it; and 2) Left at front door? If I don't answer my UPS preferences are set to leave my packages at my back door. I checked my front door - my package wasn't there. Checked my back door - my package also wasn't there. So very obviously this incompetent delivery man left my package at someone else's house and not even in the right place! I called their Support number, which you can't even get a person until you hit a bunch of random numbers on purpose in hopes that someone will see there's a malfunction that requires human assistance.

The woman was kind and took down my info stating that the dispatcher will contact me within an hour. The only decent thing they did was actually contact me within the hour. I was told that they won't have any information regarding my package until the following morning because the driver has to come back and download their daily deliveries. How is that going to help me when this person delivered my package to the wrong house assuming it was MY house? They said if they see any discrepancies on their GPS they'll attempt to retrieve my package. Again, this doesn't help me if he delivered my package to someone else on my street.

I asked, "If you don't retrieve my package, how are you going to reimburse me for it?" They told me I have to take it up with the shipper (Amazon) and then they'll deal with Amazon. Excuse me, but... HOW is this Amazon's fault? Amazon did their job! They sent me the package I ordered. It was the UPS driver who couldn't fulfill his job requirements! After this call with this incompetent person (it must be a qualification for hire), I tried to file a claim on the UPS website, and only received an error message that I couldn't file a claim left. UPS, YOU ARE A JOKE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UPS?

Original review: May 8, 2019

It's truly unimaginable how awful this company is. I've been staying home from work for two days now to get a medicine delivery which they, apparently, delivered to the wrong address, accepting some other persons' signature for mine, and now can't find. They have no regard for business customers interests or the fragile lives of consumers who depend on a delivery service to get vital medication, valuable documents etc. If any industry is ready for disruption by the next generation of smarter minds who just won't put up with it it's this one. Dismantle this dinosaur. No delivery service is better than this kind of delivery service.

Original review: May 8, 2019

These people are lazy, not well organized. I was supposed to receive 2 packages and I paid for a fast shipping, they said that the address was wrong but it was not the case. They rescheduled the delivery for the next day and the next day they delivered only one package and rescheduled again the second package for the next day. I called them and they said I told them that I was going to pick up the package by myself! Something I have never said. I would I chose to pick up one and let them deliver the other one? It’s either I pick them both myself or they deliver both packages!

I called them early in the morning of my delivery day to make sure that I’ll get everything, they assure me that yes, but unfortunately this was a waste of time. This is some **. Why would you deliver one package today and the other tomorrow for the same address and the same due date delivery? This is not Professional! Use your brain! You guys need to improve your customer service skills!

Original review: May 8, 2019

UPS can you PLEASE get your drivers to provide a higher level of service?! Just today I placed an Amazon return on my porch as I had numerous times previously (with a note clearly stating it was for UPS pickup), and happened to pull up at the same time the driver was dropping off other packages. Before I could get my THREE young children (ages 3 to 7) out of the car, the driver walks away WITHOUT taking the package and instead left the pickup label within SIX INCHES of the package he was to pick up.

I attempted to get him to stop and all he did was honk and wave, then proceed to drive off as quickly as possible. Now after 20 minutes on the phone I'm faced with either paying what the return item is worth to get another pickup, or taking all three of my children to a UPS store... Also, I have all of this on video courtesy of my doorbell camera. Very poor, no, nonexistent customer service. I will be using FedEx and USPS for all my business and personal shipping needs going forward.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I ordered from Macy’s and UPS sent an email that the package was delivered. When it was not there, I called Macy and they insisted that the package was delivered, so I cancel the order, only for the package to be delivered the following evening so they are also liars. Now on the 17th of April I ordered from Old Navy and never receive my package. I called Old Navy today 05/07 to be told that the package was delivered at my front door on 04/26. I was home all day and no package was delivered, and I still yet to receive that package. Thank God Old Navy refund me my money. I don’t know what’s going on with UPS but if I place an order and they tell that they are delivering my package, I certainly won’t place that order. They are very unreliable and dishonest, and there is no customer service rep to talk to either. Never using them anymore.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I called UPS last night to schedule a delivery for a different date. Customer service told me to go to their site to make the change and offered to walk me through the site. Their site didn't show the package so then the rep put a hold on my package and told me to call their technical support the following day. Now I find out that because they put a hold on the package it cannot be delivered at all and they told me to call the seller. The seller says that the only thing that they can do is to issue a refund once they get the package back. The package was for Mother's Day.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have 2-day delivery. The receipt said the package would arrive between the 3rd and the 6th of May. It is now the 7th and they "think" it will arrive today by 8 pm. That would be great if it was 1965 and tracking numbers didn't exist. Apparently, if I had ordered 1 day shipping, they would be capable of providing a more specific time frame. That's poppycock since the same driver/truck delivers to the same area no matter the urgency with which I order.

The lateness is a mild concern as I've never held any delusions about UPS's promptness. My issue is that I can't call the depot to try to ascertain a less broad time frame. The depot has the driver's numbers and the drivers/depot staff know the routes and when they're usually in what area. So I know they'd be aware of about when they'd deliver around my address. Wholly unhelpful all around. One of the customer service reps was incredibly polite so I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1. If you provide a tracking service, 12 hours is an atrociously broad timeframe to give a customer. You could just say it will be here on such and such date and not pretend tracking numbers are useful or some great thing that actually means I'll know when my package will be delivered. Long story short, UPS is usually late and tracking numbers are nonsensical propaganda.

Original review: May 7, 2019

May 6, 2019. I got timed off and waiting for the UPS driver to pick up my Amazon return. I was just sitting in my living room and put my window blinds open to see people outside. I saw the UPS truck and the driver walking away from my house, I immediately ran outside then called him out loud for many times and he just drove the car and left. I called Amazon customer service the guy was helpful and contact UPS if they can come back for me, when UNKNOWN number called me and told me UPS really doesn’t knock and I just have to leave items outside. Like seriously? Telling me “Yeah we don’t do that, we don’t knock” she’s not helpful at all. I called Amazon customer service again and charged me shipping fee to send the driver to pick up my item again, guess what? This time they knock and wait for me to open the door. BECAUSE I PAID FOR IT. I told the driver I was calling you and you just left. What a trick!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I filed 4 complaints earlier this year because the driver was entering my home. Without permission. Now the driver last 3 deliveries is not delivering. Driver is changing the delivery to say I'm requesting to hold for pick up instead of delivering to my front porch. Today's package was out for delivery all day then at 553 pm he took it back to the location saying I wanted it that way. I have screenshots.

Driver is mad I filed complaints and I don't want him in my home so now tomorrow will for sure be the 4th time he's gonna do it again. Today was the 3rd time he's done this. This is now harassment because I don't want him to come in my home. He's mad and not delivering. I've spoke to customer service every time and Rashad at the driver's location and was guaranteed this would stop. Today was medication for my 19 yr old dog so he's refusing my dog medical attention. Tomorrow is allergy medication for my horse. Proof before it happens when I said to deliver I never said to hold any packages.

Stop this crap and deliver my packages. I pay for your services to deliver my packages to my front porch. If your driver has issue with my not wanting him inside my home, then maybe he should no longer work for UPS. He was never invited into my home. Every single package has clearly stated leave on front porch... not my garage, or my laundry room. Deliver my packages as paid for and as scheduled. At no time ever do I ever or have I ever said hold for pick up. No packages should ever be held for pick up.

Original review: May 3, 2019

These guys are unbelievable. Avoid this company if you need something sent expeditiously. I sent a package to the Philippines that had an address that was a little off, so they couldn't deliver it. You would think that they would contact me to get a correct address, but they didn't. When I tracked the package because it was late, it said it was sitting in a warehouse for a couple of days. So I called the store from where it was sent and they could only give me the number for the international part of the company.

When I talked to a lady in the intern'l division, she tells me that they can correct the address, but it could take up to 2 days. Wait...what?? I couldn't take that chance, because this was time sensitive, so I told her my fiancee would pick it up at the store. The only problem here is that she didn't have an address to tell me where to pick it up. Again, wait...what??? How do you not have an address for a store in your own company. She also doesn't tell me that the Philippine office is CLOSED FOR 5 DAYS FOR LABOR DAY. How do they not know this stuff? So, obviously the package wasn't available for pick up because the office was closed. This caused us to have to re-schedule our appointment and cost me about $700 in expenses.

The ineptness and lack of concern of the employees of this company truly amaze me. With the technology of today, they should have access to the addresses and business hours, including holidays, of their counterparts overseas. To me this is inexcusable. I will never do business with UPS again. I paid over $120 to get some paperwork delivered and nobody seemed to care that it wouldn't be on time. Their customer service is horrible and they don't have a clue about their own company.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Shipped a time sensitive document to an Insurance company in Des Moines, IA. They delivered to a completely different address in the next town over-Urbandale. Had to get my client to sign the official document a second time. They sent it to the wrong address AGAIN... though this time in Des Moines-So they are getting closer. Both airbills had the correct address. And both went to the wrong address and they cannot tell me yet, WHO they delivered the envelopes to at those addresses. Did I mention the document is time sensitive?! Nightmare!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have tried several times to get the contact information of a manager and or a local person I can talk to about problems with our service. I get told that someone will call me within an hour, or within a day and no one does. This has happened 5 times in the past 45 days. When I have a truck not show up for our normal pickups for customer, I have NO ONE to reach out to get them here. Then I have overnight packages sitting on my DOCK and angry customers. The customer service I have in these cases NOT received is appalling.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I ordered some shoes from Kohl's (which I work at) and they came in today 5/2/19. The bag was sitting out in the rain (note we do have a little overhang at the door) and ripped in several spots and the box was beaten and looked like they gave no care. I know Kohl's only goes through UPS (and if we get a bad box for shoes we replace it with our own) so it was their handling. On top of that (not today because I came home to the package) most the drivers here never knock or ring the doorbell to notify me. I usually hear them talking whether on their phone or to coworkers by radio. They are fast but wow the care they put into delivering is just poor.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Holy cow...I don't know how UPS stays in business. Where I live the UPS store and the United States Post Service are on opposite sides of the parking lot. UPS charges 85.00 for a 1 pound package with 2 day service. USPS ONLY charges 16.00 for the same exact service. Why would I want to spend 400% more for the exact same service. How does UPS stay in business when they charge 400% more than the USPS???? I think I am going to go back to the UPS Store with a sign stating people can save up too 400% if they just go to the end of the parking lot. UPS...you are nothing but a complete rip off. In addition, at the Post Office they can actually answer questions. At the UPS store all the employees could do is refer me to their website. So, with UPS you get higher prices (400%) and the employees who have so little training all they know is how to open their hands and take your money... James ** Esq. (Retired).

Original review: April 30, 2019

This is the worst delivery company ever!!!! They just keep on botching the simple deliveries.. I've had it! Tired of dealing with such an inept company!!! I could go on and on and on if I described all of the different problems I've had with UPS!!!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have an ongoing issue with (not all) but some of the drivers from UPS. On the most part some do well but on the other hand, I often get a package delivered and the driver does not quite make it in the building to deliver the package. In turn and what makes him really dumb is he/she will leave the package outside the building on the side walk where hundreds of people pass by and packages have been stolen.

Last week, once again a package was left outside the building near the building front steps. He left the package in the pouring rain outside in the street. I found the package washed up to the curb soaking wet. I received notification that my package was delivered which made me go and look for it. I complained a number of times in the past and they say a manager will get back to me but never does. I wish I had a choice of delivery options but unfortunately do not.

Original review: April 27, 2019

A package worth a lot of money was shipped a week ago and UPS has constantly said it is coming each day and as I wait for it they change it to arriving tomorrow. It is tragic how ignorant a company could be towards their customers' time. Will never use again for as long as I live.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Sent a box of health snacks to my son in Evanston (60201-2920). Purchased on Amazon from a third party merchant (lady-grocer). Paid on 4/4/19. UPS shipping label generated 4/8. Promised delivery in 1 week (4/14) which is ridiculously slow (even the USPS is faster). As I write this it is now 4/27 (over 3 weeks) and all UPS says is that they cannot locate my package despite having giving them the tracking #.

Their “customer service” response is that I print and fill out a 3 page form and mail or fax it back to them and to contact the merchant?!?! How is that going to find my package? I have never been treated with such lack of concern. Forget about being reimbursed.... Lost time as well as my item and my $31 purchase price. LESSON: only ship with Amazon or FedEx. Neither have EVER lost a package of mine in the last 5 years and my shipment has never taken longer than 3 days to arrive.

Original review: April 26, 2019

This is the third package in a row that my package has either been delayed. It is supposed to be 2 day delivery from Amazon, but with this lousy company they make me wait an entire week before I get the packages. Also customer service is just a copy/paste affair pretending they even care about the mishaps.

Original review: April 25, 2019

On 4/25/19 I was waiting for a package to be delivered. Around 2:15 pm I watched from my porch the UPS truck pull up to the corner of my block, turn his truck off, sit for about 1 minute, turned his truck on and pull off. At 2:20 pm I get a message saying delivery attempted. I called UPS for them to say they cannot do a second attempt. I told them there was no first attempt. UPS drivers are the laziest carriers I've ever seen. The beauty about the story is I have it all on video via the security camera on my porch that I will be sending to the media. Apparently this is a thing UPS drivers do to shorten their day and supervisors are aware of it. Well I'm not letting it slide because I want answers.

Original review: April 25, 2019

UPS FAILED to deliver samples at guaranteed time for an important sales meeting for my start-up. Having paid a premium for guaranteed delivery, I didn't even get a refund as they said it was the result of an "emergency". Actually, they changed the reason 3 times when asked! They say it's an "emergency" to be cleared from living up to their own T&Cs. I WILL NEVER, EVER USE UPS AGAIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES. NONE. Total cowboys and totally unwilling to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had an issue with a package with UPS, where they lost my package. I had paid extra to UPS, so that they could send the package to my house as opposed to me picking it up at a local UPS SurePost. It turns out that when they lose a package when you purchase ground shipping from UPS, they can't refund you your money - even though they lost your package in the first place.

What makes matters worse is that the people that I had contacted from their customer service number were the worst customer representatives I have ever spoke to. They were very rude and were even yelling at me (this is from the department that handles special cases). When I was speaking to a regular customer representative, they didn't even want to bother talking to me until I asked them to redirect me to someone who can help. Probably the worst carrier I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. It is a shame to see how customer service is being handled these days.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I truly believe this is the worst carrier that someone can use in USA! While having snack I see the driver leaving with the truck, only left the note not bothering to knock or ring the bell, 2 additional attempts were made in morning hours instead of between 3 pm and 7 pm as my tracking was saying and after 3rd attempt UPS just returned the package to the sender without giving me option to pick it up!

Original review: April 24, 2019

The last 3 times we had them deliver us packages, they got damaged in transit. They are horrible to deal with and they will not honor their insurance policy. Thankfully the last time we were refunded by the seller instead. I will never use or recommend their service again. Ever.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I was instructed to call UPS via an automated recording regarding a customs charge Amazon has already collected. Over 1 hour on hold to pay them a broker fee of $20 on a $100 order. Why does UPS think their time is more important than mine? If you want to be a horribly cheap company, offer a call back option so every one of your poor customers doesn't have to sit for over an hour for you to save a few bucks. Amazon, please stop using UPS.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have noticed that my UPS deliveries are being made by the Post Office. I pay for UPS to delivery, but I get USPS service. I called UPS for an explanation and received a total BS answer. If I pay for a service I expect it. Why pay for UPS when I get it by mail. It's a rip off and a scam. It's cheaper just to use the post office. Forget UPS. I never agreed for UPS to use an alternative means of delivery they just decide for you. Total scam.

United Parcel Service - UPS Company Information