VS Legal Center

Out of Business

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We retained VS Legal Center in the Summer of 2012 to assist with home modification, when we received notice of foreclosure and were referred by the HAMP from NJ. We paid $3,000 upfront and dealt with Verna ** for 6 months who said, "I have good news for you and your family" for several months. She claimed to have successfully obtained a modification and asked for more fees (3 payments of $500) in order for her to continue with the process of working out the fees that were past due. When we asked her to provide copies of the documentation showing what the bank has agreed to, she continued to evade our requests and stated, "I don't have time for you to be ** me around" and that we need to pay her so she can continue to keep fighting for us, and all that is at stake.

We were delivered foreclosure papers on the same day she called for the last time to ask for more money. I have no idea what, if anything, she accomplished on our behalf and will be asking for a full refund. We are hiring a local lawyer to assist us in this process. Total scam!

Upfront fee from distressed homeowner is a violation of CA and most other states' civil codes. They're attempting to practice law in other states, have unethical and unprofessional partnering agreements, code of conduct violations. They're attempting to modify a mortgage loan with lenders/bankers who have no real interest.

If a company will rip off an employee, who brought them business, what does that say about their integrity in dealing with clients? Can you trust your home to a company that almost caused the employee to lose his job for refusing to pay them what they had earned? Upon closing the Loan Modification Sales Dept. to focus on bookend service for other firms, VS Legal Center refused to pay earned commissions that they had used for ongoing expenses. I offered to settle for much less and was told don't threaten them by ** - Managing Partner.

I filed a Complaint with the CA Labor Board where they held 2 hearing that VS Legal failed to show up to. The Deputy Labor Commissioner, Mark **, issued an award ** ordering VS Legal Center to pay me $9,233.45 in wages and penalties. The award was issued Jan. 3 1012 and to date, they have refused to abide by the order from state of Ca Dept. of Industrial Standards, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.

I have filed a complaint with the CA Bar Association & the Attorney General's Office against VS Legal Center. Collection has been turned over to the Ca Franchise Tax Board.

I retained legal services for loan modification and paid $2500 up front. They did not perform after 22 months and asked for my $1704 as agreed upon in our contract. After 12 weeks, Mr. Frank ** will not return my calls. I believe VS Legal Center is running a scam!

George contacted our company to help him determine if he would qualify for some type of loss mitigation assistance from his lender. After requesting the documents required to review his situation, we discovered information that George did not disclose about a bankruptcy he filed. George had breached our contract by not disclosing all information to VS Legal Center and other state and federal agencies. Upon explaining to George that we would not proceed with his file, he filed a complaint which we answered. Even though George was not entailed to any funds due to the fact that he had breached our contract, we still returned his retainer. VS Legal Center does not and will not condone unethical behavior by lenders, homeowners or any other company providing a service including ourselves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VS Legal Center?

Retain this law center to take care of our loan modification, paid $ 3000.00 up front. They did not perform now home is in foreclosure. Requested a refund and received it much later. Hired a Michigan law firm to work with Citimortgage on a modification. Want VS Legal to pay. $ 2,000.00 so far! We almost lost our home!

Retain VS Legal Center July 3, 2009 to do a Home Loan Modification under the HAMP program. This person is not an attorney, how is it he can perform such a service? That firm did nothing for us. Home went into foreclosure in October 2009. We question VS Legal Center as to what was going wrong. Told us not to worry that the loan was in the modification process and the lender was just trying to collect money. We gave VS Legal Center $2,999.00 as a up front retainer, never receive a receipt or a signed contract. I demanded a full refund and after weeks. I received the refund!

Home is in foreclosure. Hired a local law firm to try and save our mortgage. VS Legal Center should pay the present attorney fees.

I retained VS Legal Center & paid up front for them to do a loan modification under the HAM plan, they did not perform! Home is now in foreclosure with Citimortgage, We are trying to resolve this. We are now using legal 3rd party law firm, VS Legal should pay for their services!

I hired a law firm V.S. Legal Center, Carlsbad CA in July of 2009 for a loan modification on our mortgage. I paid $2,999.00 up front. They did not perform and told us not to make any mortgage payments. Our home went into foreclosure. We have reported them to the CA Law Board and CA Attorney General’s office. We are trying to work with CitiMortgage. We requested a refund from V.S Legal Center and they honored the request after many letters sent and phone calls after the fact the damage is done with CitiMortgage. We were in good standing before retaining V.S. Legal Center. Please note this for the record.

VS Legal Center Company Profile