Out of Business

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was told that the people at Resqdebt were going to help me save x amount of dollars, however they didn't tell me that this amount was taxable, and so it was X% less than the amount of money they told me they would save me. On top of that in the end, the 4 settlement amounts were much less than what I was told they would be. I wish I could sue Resqdebt, but not sure I have a leg to stand on in court.

Not worth using this co. Shady to deal with. Wouldn't recommend this co. to settle anything. Settle directly with your finanial co. instead. Less worry, cost, and less money.

Resqdebt is a scam. They started taking money from my account. They helped settle one credit card but said the others they would not talk to for months, so I settled them for less than what Resqdebt can do. They take 15% of the total they settled. So whatever you are paying them goes towards that and not to pay the credit cards. Do not sign up. It is not a good deal at all.

I used to work there and left after I found out what was really happening. Aside from lying to their employees about a six figure income potential, they mislead and will omit very important details about what it does to your credit. They say within 6 months of being done with the program, your credit should be as good if not better than it was. Creditors will sue and Resqdebt will not help. They never guarantee that you won't get sued. If you ask them that, we were trained to say anything is possible, not probable. They say 50 percent, which you can do on your own for free. Don't let these scam artists take you. Matt, the owner, is an abusive person to everyone around him and has little man syndrome. He is very pompous and greedy. He has learned how to manipulate his employees to not ask any questions or ask really how things work. It's a boiler room there. Please save yourself some heartache and money. Don't sign up with them or any other company!

I worked for Resqdebt and I can tell you point blank that they are a scam. They mislead customers and refuse refunds eventhough the contract states customers are entitled to their money back. Stay away from them. The creditors will work with you. Resqdebt will get you sued and they will pay themselves first.It is my duty to warn you ahead of time. I have been there and seen the damage done by this unethical company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Resqdebt?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

On Jan 2009 I started looking for a company that could help me consolidate my credit card debt. After searching for a while I looked up Resqdebt and I called them and they told me about the program. They told me about an contract which I would not sign but agree upon. They started taking 164.00 every month for 3 month's. The calls from my creditors never stopped as a matter of fact they got worse. So On April 29, 2009 I called them and told them to cancel my account, they did but they still wanted to take out money from account.

I'm in the process of placing a small claims lawsuit for $7500.00 since they damage my credit and would not refund back about $500.00 they took out of my account. My credit was damaged forever since I had excellent credit and they told me to stop making payments to my credit cards. They also stole $500.00 dollars from my account and did not do nothing for me.

My husband and I contacted Resqdebt on April 8, 2009 to try to modify our credit card debt. I did research online and discovered some complaints but also satisfied customers. Brandon ** from Resqdebt called and I decided to sign up with their program. He had me go online and input my bank account number and the amounts of debt on each of my credit cards (no account numbers there). There was a very long agreement which I had to sign off on. I did so, planning to read it later. Brandon stated someone would be in touch in the next 90 days and hung up. I tried to call him back to answer a question. He never returned my call. I read the entire agreement and discovered Resqdebt was going to be paid upfront over $27,000 before my creditors received a dime. This was unacceptable to my husband and me, so we canceled the agreement by phone and in writing the next day, April 9, 2009. On April 10, 2009, Resqdebt attempted to take $1,738.91 out of my bank account at Union Bank of California. I did not have enough funds in the account, so the request was denied. If there had been enough funds, I would be trying to reclaim my money now.

I was charged a $22 NSF fee. I had to close my account as my bank assured me Resqdebt would keep trying to take money out of my account. I had to open a new account, with the added expense of new checks, and inconvenience of changing all my online banking. Fortunately, Union Bank was wonderful and worked with me to resolve my problems, as well as removing all fees I incurred. This could have been much worse. However, I want to go on record complaining about these scam artists. What they're doing is illegal - they tried to steal money from my account after I had canceled my agreement with them. Please put these criminals out of business! I will be happy to help in any investigation of this company.

Resqdebt Company Profile