I was going to purchase a vehicle and also was preparing for my house so I was looking to clean up anything that could hurt me potentially. I needed to improve negative things on my report. I used Ovation Credit and was with them for six months. Their people were very knowledgeable and I got weekly updates on my report. They were prompt with responses to emails and I found the interaction was great and pretty smooth. The guidance was very helpful and I learned a lot of things that I wasn't familiar with like having too many revolving balances, not worrying about the good debts like school loans, continuing to pay on time but not to worry if I couldn't pay them all off at once, and not letting anything collection-wise get to the report. Sometimes there are things that get sidetracked and you go between the cracks. The next thing you know you’re getting a notice for something really small like a $46 bill so you have to stay on top of all those things.
I had a great experience but they recommended a break since there weren't going to be any more changes that were going to happen right away. I saw the results within the time frame that we had talked about and I was really happy overall. I’ll be going back to them in the next few months or so because there’s one negative stain that still remains and it should be off. I highly recommend Ovation Credit. Someone else that I recommended to them and used them also had a good experience.
I wanted to raise my credit so I could get a house, and to get it cleaned up because my credit had too many miscellaneous things on it that should have been cleaned a long time ago. I've been through several credit repair companies and even used a lawyer once to clean it up and it never did anything at all but Ovation was good. The reps of Ovation used to call me and just check up on stuff to make sure things are cool and give me updates on what they did or what they're doing and what needs to be done. We had good personal communication rather than just online service, wondering what's going on. The guidance I have received is excellent. I refer people to them all the time. They did a great job, my credit is good, and everybody was excellent.
Orenthia, Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear about our clients reaching their credit goals!
Original review: July 25, 2016
I was trying to get my credit score up to par and Ovation Credit was highly rated by the Better Business Bureau. All interactions with their team, which were mostly on the phone, were positive and they were always very serious. One of their reps called me personally once a month and she was awesome. She was always nice and courteous and gave me some positive, honest feedback that I used it to get my credit score real high. Her guidance was great. Ovation Credit told me what I needed to do to get my credit in good standing. They did what I needed them to do. They're good and I recommend them to other people. It was a great experience.
That is fantastic news Alfred!! We love to hear success stories just like yours. Thank you for your feedback.
Original review: April 5, 2016
Ovation Credit Services is the best. They explained the process when I called them up. Their guidance was excellent and I was very informed and extremely satisfied with the outcome. My credit scores are on the 750s, it went up by about 122. Their rep, Lorie, was fantastic. She calls me and gives me updates to tell me what was going on. They said they were going to do something and they did it.
Wow, Thomas! Congratulations on your score improvements. We love to hear great success stories like yours. Thank you for your feedback and your referrals!
Original review: April 2, 2016
Ovation Credit Services has been excellent. Initially, I was referred to them and I've been informed that they are doing good work. They also challenge seven items while most people only want to challenge three out of the seven items, so I decided to go with them. My representative has been fantastic and I have nothing but praise for her. I had experience with other credit repair before and I am seeing the difference in my credit score now. Since I’ve started with Ovation, my credit score has gone up and I have two of my credit scores over 700 now. I have recommended Ovation to several people already.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ovation Credit Services?
- 611,656 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I had a lot of stuff on my credit report that I needed to get off, and I was trying to get my credit moving in the right direction. I was paying all my bills, but I had old medical bills that were rupturing me. Ovation did a good job. They helped me in the fact that they got a lot of stuff off of my credit report. My credit score didn't start going up until some of my balances were down. But as far as getting some of the negative stuff off, and helping in that aspect to get me moving in the right direction, they were good. Plus, the credit team was extremely friendly, the guidance was good. There may have been one time that we had a little hiccup, that just happens. If a person needs to get their credit moving in the right direction, Ovation can be of help to them.
Our mortgage lender was planning to foreclose our house. And so, I had Ovation get started on helping out with refinancing the house. When they were working on having some things resolved on our credit report, it all came out good. However, I received an email recently that said that they were going to look into something because the foreclosure came up on a credit report recently. They never foreclosed on the house but it shows that, on my credit report, the house was foreclosed on me, but not my husband.
I was needing help with my credit then which was really bad. Ovation Credit seem to have a very nice website and they looked trusted so I sought their help. I worked directly with one lady and she was really polite, knowledgeable, and made it seemed as though there was something that they could actually do as opposed to just promises. And, my credit went up really, really high, so that was really helpful. They have given me helpful points and tips about what I can do and how to continue doing the right thing that I have been doing to improve it. It was nice that it seemed like hand-holding or coached along the way. They did everything that they said they were going to do. It was overall a good experience and I definitely got my worth out of it.
I needed to clean up my credit report then checked the reviews online, and Ovation Credit had the best ones. Their customer service were all friendly and knowledgeable, and I got good guidance from them on my credit repair process. They met my expectations and we accomplished what I was trying to accomplish.
When I called Ovation Credit, I spoke with a girl who was very encouraging. She sounded like she's going to help me a lot so I did a deal with the company. The thing is most of the credit was in the name of my late husband who had Alzheimer's and he didn't know what he was doing. Due to that, Ovation Credit delayed the processing and kept taking my money. I even sent them a medical report that shows my husband what he was diagnosed with but they didn't do that much work at all. I have cut the deal off. I wasn't happy with my Ovation Credit experience at all.
I wanted something to help me improve my credit. I went with Ovation Credit and it was great working with them.
Someone had made a mistake with my Social Security number so I called Ovation Credit and they fixed that. They did a good job so I was happy. All the information was fine as well.
I was trying to repair my credit to buy a house, and I found Ovation Credit online. The process was slow but good. It helped my credit score go up, which was what what I was looking for.
Most of my interactions with Ovation was by email, but we were kept posted about any advancement in the process. I received good service from them, and my credit did improve. I was really satisfied. They were friendly and always available. They really understand the process and guided me through it very well. I highly recommend Ovation Credit Services.
I was looking to fix a couple of issues on my credit. My identity had been stolen and there were numerous issues with my credit report which I looked at and none of the things that were on there were mine. I didn’t know how to get rid of them so I did a Google search and Ovation Credit came up. I contacted them and they said that they could help me. I set a monthly payment plan and they said that they would dispute the negative things on my credit report that were not mine with the Credit Bureaus and try to resolve them.
The interactions with their team were minimal and I spoke with a signed representative. She went over the process of how it works and she was helpful. I never got to speak to the main person there. It was a very simple process. They asked me what was wrong with the report that was generated and I would tell them what was and what was not mine. There wasn’t any guidance that they provided in terms of credit betterment or improving my financial situation, but it was useful. It seemed like a little proxy service. They told me the items they disputed, the results, and ask what other things I wanted them to dispute.
Ovation Credit was fairly expensive when I used them. They initially charged me about $70. It was later lowered to around $60. This was a couple of years ago. I later learned that I could do my own credit report, find the items that were not accurate, dispute them and then provide the proof to the Credit Bureaus directly as opposed to having them do it. I understand the charge but they didn’t make it very clear when I first started dealing with them that it was possible for me to do those on my own as well.
I got in contact with Ovation so I can get my credit score up so I could buy a house. They were very pleasant to work with. Anytime we had a question, we could contact them for anything and we had one of their personal cellphone numbers. They were courteous and friendly. They said they could get my score up, and they did that. It was a very pleasant experience.
I was looking to repair my credit from a couple of blemishes that were on there. I did an overall review search and Ovation was one of the best so I gave them a phone call. The account person who was assigned to me was amazing and very attentive. I would send her an e-mail and she would get back to me the same day. I didn’t feel like it was just a standard way to treat people. She really took the time to feature my individual needs and exactly what I needed to do. I felt like I was the only person that she was working with and obviously I know that wasn't the case.
The guidance I got was amazing. Ovation was very upfront and honest about what they could and could not do. Throughout the entire process, I felt that they were beside me, holding my hand, walking me through each process and walking me through each time I needed to log in and dispute something so they were great. They really delivered on exactly what they could do. They did not oversell themselves. I got individual attention and an individual program to help me in what I needed to do with my getting my credit back. It was the easiest and best thing I could have ever done for myself.
I had tried doing some of the stuff on my own and I wasn’t getting where I wanted as quickly and I had limited time, so I thought it would be better to let somebody else handle it. Everybody from Ovation was really professional. They did what they represented to do and were able to get everything that I was anticipating done. Everything seemed sound to me and the results were what I wanted so I could not ask for anything more. They were really sure and the process was pretty easy. They stayed in touch regularly and I didn’t have to worry about anything.
We used Ovation before and they did a fair job for us. We didn’t have many items on the account back then and they were able to help us with it so they were pretty decent. The woman that helped us was very professional and did a very good job. Their staff had good communication skills and they would regularly email us on the update. Overall it was a good experience and I would use them again if the need arises.
I heard good stuff about Ovation from word of mouth, so I figured I’d give it a shot. A buddy had used them. The reps answered most of my questions and were very friendly and informative. The only drawback is I didn’t see my credit score move as much as I would like for it to. Other than that, the experience with them was okay. They steered me in the right direction. I’m a little bit better now credit-wise than I was then.
I contacted Ovation Credit for some dispute on our credit report because we were getting ready to buy a home. Our experience with them has been very good. They were very friendly and did an excellent job. They took care of what I needed. If anyone’s looking for a good company who would take care of their financial needs and do a lot of dispute and fight for it, Ovation’s the one to go to.
I used Ovation about three years ago to clean my credit report. I called to inquire the cost and how it works. I was with them for three months and that's how long it took to clear everything. A girl helped me tremendously and she was awesome. I recommended her to a few people. I don't know if they used her or not but when they told me they have problems I gave them the numbers I have. The communication was very efficient because every time something was cleared I got an email about it. And if there was a situation where there was something that couldn't be done via email, I got a call from her. They knew what needed to be done and it was a great experience.
Ovation Credit is a good company. I needed to turn my credit and their team was great. They gave me good guidance.
I had some corporate cards that were on my private credit which they shouldn't have been, so I didn't know how to go about moving stuff. I worked down until I spoke to somebody from Ovation Credit and I went ahead with them. Their responses got to me fairly quickly when I needed them, so they were responsive. Ultimately, I canceled because I wasn't sure if some stuff worked. I know they were trying so I'm okay with it. I didn't know enough about it and they seemed to know more than I did so it was fine. It's a decent service for the price.
I appreciate how Ovation Credit repaired my credit and how they raised my credit score which gave me the opportunity to purchase major things. They have a good customer service. They are very informative and their response time was very quick. I spoke with someone regularly and they told me what they were disputing off my credit. It just seemed like it took a long process though.
I was sent to collection by a hospital that never tried to contact me about debt so my insurance paid three-quarters of what they wanted. I had this ding on my credit and I wanted it removed. I contacted Ovation Credit and they were excellent to deal with. They did everything they said they were going to do. My daughter had three traffic tickets that were in my card and they also got those removed. They also separated some accounts for me and my ex-wife. Then six months after, they monitored my credit for six months. They called me and said, “You're fine. We should stop monitoring your credit and stop charging you.” It was really good and everything came out perfect. I couldn’t be any happier with them.
I was coming out of bankruptcy 5 years ago and I couldn’t find my way out of anything but Ovation Credit helped me out a lot. They were very nice to write to everybody I was having problems with and explain that I was in bankruptcy. I’d call their team members once in a while if I had any problem and they were very nice in how they tell me, “Hey, we’ll send the letter out to them.” While working on my credit repair process, they'd tell me not to charge anything. They're great people and they’ve come on the straight and narrow, got everything figured out, and my credit score is now up to 710.
I was trying to clear up some credit issues then so I got the services of Ovation Credit. Their rep was very professional and everything was great. They kept in touch with me to let me know what was going on and their online dashboard was a great tool. However, they’re mostly slow and that’s also why I decided to stop using them. Things were slow but they got the job done. Overall, it was a great company.
I got in contact with Ovation Credit to work on my credit score. Their rep in Florida checked in on me every month and as our relationship has progressed, the more that I kept getting letters from credit companies saying, “Hey, no one can get your credit score down. All they’re doing is just sending letters, and the same letter over and over and over again." It was ticking off some of the creditors that I had already paid. It was odd.
I'm in the military, had some dings on my credit report and felt that some of them were not correct. I also did not have time with going on deployments to actually handle it myself. One of my co-workers who was in a similar situation said that he had used Ovation Credit before and it worked out well for him. So I decided to give them a shot as well. I spoke with their team two times when I set up the account and when I cancelled it. They were always very good and professional. They got some input from me, asked me what was important and what I was trying to do.
Some of the things they told me I already knew but that may not be the case for everybody. I had done a lot of homework but thought it was all very sound advice and guidance. They were very helpful and I liked that I received a tip via email. They stayed on par with what they told me they were going to do so I was very satisfied. The only reason I cancelled the service was because I was in the spot that I wanted to be and they got my credit card good enough to where I could buy a house.
Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor
Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.
More about Barbara→
Founded by attorneys, Ovation Credit Services grants legal and business expertise to help clients repair their credit and gain an optimal credit profile.
- Services: Ovation offers two different programs to best fit your specific needs. Our Essentials Plan will combat with customized disputes for all inaccurate, misleading and unverifiable information found on your reports with Equifax, TransUnion and Experian. You will have a dedicated Case Advisor to answer all of your questions along the way or you can view all updates anytime through our on-line portal. Our Essentials Plus Plan is the most aggressive program. Clients receive unlimited customized disputes to all three credit bureaus, as well as unlimited validation and good-will letters to your creditors. For immediate credit needs, we offer a Letter of Recommendation from our attorneys to potential creditors that you are aware of inaccurate information on your report and you have hired us to help you get this information updated. You will have 24/7 credit monitoring from TransUnion and like the Essentials plan, your personal Case Advisor will be there to answer all of your questions along the way or you can view all updates anytime through our on-line portal.
- Fees: After a free consultation, Ovation will recommend a program that will best meet your needs. There is a First Work Fee of only $89 to get started. Then, choose from either the Essential Plus program for $89.00 per month until services are complete and the client is satisfied. For the more budget conscious client, we offer the Essentials Plan. It is only $59.00 per month until the customer is satisfied with the results. We also offer Couples, Senior and Military discounts and if a client refers a friend or family member, they can earn $35 - $50 credit off their next monthly payment. There are no long-term contracts, and all plans come with a 100 percent quality service guarantee.
- Contact: Phone and email contact are available as well as 24/7 online account access. Email alerts keep clients informed of changes in their credit profiles and helps them monitor potentially unauthorized activity.
- Education: Understanding how to better manage credit in the future is a key part of what make Ovation Credit stand out from the competition. The Ovation Education Dashboard offers clients an informative and educational blog, and the FAQ section includes answers and best practices for common debt related questions.
- Best for Individuals suffering from less than perfect credit ratings and looking for a reliable company, with proven results to help.
Question and Answers - Ovation Credit Services
What problem is Ovation Credit Services trying to solve?
- At Ovation Credit Services our goal is to educate and assist consumers with understanding and correcting their credit profile as to unlock their full credit potential. Ovation Credit Services works with credit bureaus and creditors to resolve issues with consumer’s credit reports. We work directly with the credit bureaus and in some cases directly with creditors to make sure any information that is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or unverifiable is either updated or removed from a consumer's credit reports.
What sets Ovation Credit Services apart from the competition?
- Ovation Credit Services has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 2004 and very few complaints have ever been filed, unlike many of our competitors. We offer digital disputing with Equifax and TransUnion which usually allows for much faster responses from the bureaus in many cases. We also offer each client their own dedicated Case Advisor. This advisor will be there to support the client through each step of the disputing process and make sure they understand what is happening on their case and answer all of their questions. We also have an Online Education Center. It isn't enough for us to help our clients improve their credit profiles, we also strive to educate them on how to rebuild and maximize their credit scores moving forward so that they can reach their financial goals.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Disputing errors on your credit reports can be time consuming and very frustrating. It can be difficult to get results unless you understand how to combat inaccuracies and misleading information that is hurting your credit profile. Ovation Credit Services understands how the bureaus work and we are highly successful at getting even the most challenging types of accounts updated or removed from your report. We have had success with late payments, collection accounts, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, medical bills, fraudulent accounts and foreclosures/short-sales.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about Ovation Credit Services?
- Many consumers confuse credit repair with Debt Management. These are two completely different industries. In many cases, if a consumer signs up for a debt management program – one that a company reduces interest, late fees, penalties, etc. and you only pay them each month instead of sending payments directly to the creditor – this usually further destroys a person's credit score. These programs would be an alternative to bankruptcy, but consumers will still have to endure the aftermath of very poor credit, even when creditors have been paid off.
How does Ovation Credit Services measure success?
- Ovation Credit Services measures success by the number of satisfied clients we have. No credit repair company can ever guarantee to “wipe all your credit clean”, but we have an average of 19 accounts per client that we are able to update or delete from their credit profile. That is significant success! It is also a sign of success when a client refers friends and family. Many of our new clients come to us because we have done a great job for someone they know.
What are Ovation Credit Services values?
- Ovation Credit Services has great pride in the high standard we set for ourselves with our clients. We are not like many companies that will sign a person up for service just because they ask for it. If we do not believe we can help a client and set proper expectations for our success, then we will tell a client that we are not the best fit to meet their needs. We will not sign up a client that just filed bankruptcy last month, because that client is not going to see the same level of success as someone that had their bankruptcy discharged over a year ago. We will not sign up a client that is expecting to close on a mortgage in 30 days with the expectation that we will increase their score from 550 to 700. This type of score increase is very possible, but it will take time to get there.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Ovation Credit Services?
- We are here to help! We will answer your questions and guide you through the process to make sure that you not only understand what we are doing but you are a wiser individual when it comes to credit and your personal credit situation.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about your industry?
- That credit repair is a scam. While there are some companies that are not completely honest or legitimate our A+ BBB rating and stellar reviews online always help clients with reservations about our service feel more at ease.
What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?
- First, the industry perception that credit repair is not legitimate. Second, that credit can be repaired overnight or with a simple “letter to the bureau”. We can see results within the first month but in some cases we have multiple items or situations that take longer to update or remove.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The nation as a whole has just survived a major economic recession and many consumers fell victim to predatory lending practices, layoffs and the market crash. We have also seen a sharp increase in the number of identity theft cases in the US. Ten years ago, a consumer would not think twice about going online and filling out information that included their name, address, social security number and providing a credit card for payment processing. Today, consumers are much more savvy about protecting their personal information. They want to speak with a person to ask questions about the company and fortunately they are protecting their personal identity more, but in turn, it has increased the number of people we need to handle the influx of calls and emails required to earn a client's trust.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
- Technology will continue to play an ever increasing important role in the credit and credit repair industry. We are going to have to find new ways to protect our identity and to help those that fall victim to identity theft. We anticipate that even the disputing process will become more automated and streamlined over the next 5-10 years.
How has Ovation Credit Services grown or evolved?
- Over the past 2 years we have seen over 100% growth in our company. We have built strong partnerships with a number of national companies that recognize our abilities to help their clients get approved when struggling to get the financing they are seeking. Consumers are also educating themselves more on the importance of having a good credit profile and seeking help.
How do you see Ovation Credit Services growing or evolving in the future?
- We will continue to evolve and expand our products and services to support the complex needs of our clients and educate them on how to maximize credit to make it work for them and allow them to reach their financial goals.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
- Credit can affect many aspects of your life. Not just when buying a car or the interest rate on your house but insurance companies and even potential employers rely on credit to evaluate you. Some of the credit issues you have may be self inflicted but, in many cases we find that bad reporting/errors are to blame. Our credit consultation is completely free and we will be happy to review with you so you understand exactly what is affecting you and how we may be able to help. Bad credit is difficult to live with but by choosing our service you can have an opportunity to get a fresh start and build the credit rating you deserve.
Credit is an area that what you don't know CAN hurt you. We send our children through 12+ years of school but we don't do a good job of teaching them about making good financial decisions and how to use credit to their advantage or how to avoid the pitfalls of bad credit. In many cases consumers have already seriously damaged their credit before they are even out of college and many then spend a lifetime trying to overcome the high costs and challenges that come with bad credit.
Ovation Credit Services Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Ovation Credit Services
- Year Founded:
- 9310 Old Kings Rd. S. #404
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (844) 810-7340