toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Because of the ineptness of the three credit agencies that are not fair to the consumers, I got with Ovation Credit which was a referral someone gave me. Their team has been very professional and very positive. Their advice was good and it worked. I usually handle Ovation for my son Ryan and my wife Sherry, and we are on a whole pattern now. Everything has been taken care of.

I wanted to see what was on my credit and see how I can fix them up. I like what Ovation had to offer and the personal touch that they are putting in. In fact, I met two people who were helping me with my credit and working with them was nice. Speaking to my case manager was nice. I didn't have enough credit, so she was telling me how to build my credit and I'm doing that. Now, my credit scores are going up, so I'm happy. Ovation Credit is awesome.

Ovation Credit looked at my credit reports and they made some inquiries on my behalf but I stopped dealing with them due to the excessive amount of time to get things done. Based on the monthly charge, the more time it takes, the more money it should be. Other than that, their staff had been reasonable and my credit went up a little bit.

I went on the internet and I started researching and then Ovation Credit Services popped up. I called them and I spoke to the credit analyst. She told me how the program worked. She broke everything down like the process and how long it's going to take. She told me everything and she did exactly what she told me. I like that she kept her word and that the company did what they told me they were going to do. When it comes to cost, I don't pay attention to that. I just want to see the end result but it was fair. I had a set up with them that they would just take the payment right out of my account.

Working with them helped me a lot. I worked with them for about nine months and I just moved in to my house about four months ago. I also got my car. They had a hard time trying to get the lien from the tax up but it was understandable because it was a part of the bracket. I had a letter of satisfaction from the IRS stating that I don't owe them money, which was a mistake that they made, but they're still on my credit. But, I have some stuff that was there for a long time and Ovation got it off. I recommend anybody over there.

I had a lot of stuff on my credit that put me in a bad fight so I turned to Ovation for assistance. But it actually opened up more problems than it was really worth. People who had left me alone for years and have forgiven me of debt in the past, all of a sudden started coming back. I was trying to get those final items off and all of a sudden more stuff started piling on. It's like I opened up a wormhole and I'll never do that again. I'll probably have better luck seeking an attorney, literally someone who specializes in law on that end. They can hold the creditors more accountable and put their feet under the fire. If I do it next time, that's the route I'll go. It will cost about three times more but honestly to me, it will be worth it.

People at Ovation were splendid, very polite, professional and friendly but the overall experience of negative outweighs the positive. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. The process just stinks. I'm finished and definitely through.

My husband already tried Ovation Credit Services so when I needed credit repair, I sought their assistance. It was a very good experience and it helped a lot. They responded in a timely manner, communication was well and the analyst answered any questions I had. Also, they offered guidance throughout the process. I have fixed my credit score. It went up and it helped me jumpstart in trying to build credit now.

Back when my kids were in college, I borrowed money on my house and my interest rate was 9%. My wife was very ill and I had a lot of doctor’s bills but I managed to pay everything off on the house and everything. So, the next thing was to get all that mess taken off my credit. Ovation Credit scrubbed my account. This girl, who’s a manager now would email me and say, “Okay. I put in a protest to this and that, and went back and forth and pretty much wiped them all off.” She called me around the first of every month and talked to me. Plus, anything she did, she sent that on my email so I’d know what was going on. That was good because you feel like you’re doing something for that money.

I paid everything off and I’m down to my house and my truck, and I expect my rate to go up even more. That’s the deal. That’s the story. The reason I was in the market for somebody was to get my credit cleaned up. So, now two-thirds of my payment goes toward the principal and a third goes toward interest. That saves me over $300 a month on my house on principal and interest alone and that’s a lot of money! My credit is 7-something now. The big deal about that is I refinanced my house at 4%, and that’s a big difference and a big deal for me. My house note is barely over a $1,000 a month now and that’s in today’s market.

Have you ever pulled a credit report unless you had it? There’s a thousand different ways to do something on one those things. It’s not for somebody that doesn’t know what they’re doing. And the point I’m making is Ovation Credit knew who to contact, what the steps were and what the process was. It wasn’t much money, either $50 or $70 a month. But that’s money well spent. I don’t use them anymore because I’ve got things straightened out. The whole process took a little longer than a year because I had so much to clean up.

When you're trying to refinance, one time they’ll say you don’t have enough credit and they’ll also say you have too much credit. It’s weird sometimes. I’m 61 years old and at one point I had A1 credit, so it wasn’t that I was trying not to have good credit because a lot of things happen in life sometimes. There’s a lot of people like me that needs some help and don’t realize that some of these companies are legit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ovation Credit Services?

I want to improve my credit score by removing negative items on my credit report and Ovation Credit handled my situation pretty good. Ovation was actually one of the best that I saw so far. Their rate was good over others and they were prompt on taking care of my situation. I had actually improved my credit score a little bit. My credit analyst was calling from time to time checking up on how my situation was going. She was prompt and answered all my questions and concerns. I felt very comfortable working with her. The payment plan was good, too and I actually had them pick it out. There was one point where I stopped because of my financial situation, but they offered me a lower payment until I get back on my feet. Now I was able to get a car which I couldn't before. I would suggest to my friends that they do Ovation because they worked for me.

I had concerns about my credit score and Ovation Credit was suggested to me. I called them, we went over my credit report and they suggested a few things that I could tweak. I went ahead and paid whatever I had to pay on my own without the payment plan but they gave me some good tips on what to do next time and how to make sure I don't get into any kind of trouble in the future. They also monitored and showed me some ways that I can improve my credit rating. They provided some insights around something I didn't know about that I could actually do and some things that I was doing in my personal life that were actually inhibiting my credit report. I'm getting better credit now than what it was. For the past six months, my credit score went up 45 points. I was pretty comfortable working with them and they're great if you wanted some advice on things. But the only thing I really got out of the service was some advice and I think that the fee is a bit much.

I had counseling and credit repair from Ovation Credit. They gave me a discount due to the fact that my wife was a disabled vet. Devon was my advisor and he was really good and professional. He stayed in contact with me all the time, giving me updates and different pointers and to see if I needed anything. He always kept me abreast of everything he was doing on the case. The way he did that impressed me the most and so did his knowledge about credit repair and about the things he was doing. I was very comfortable and if had to go back, I wouldn't mind him being my counselor again.

They did a lot of repairs and they got a lot of things deleted. They were able to figure out a way with the banks. They had my payment plan set up where they take it out of my account and everything was going right. Also, everything that they told me that they would do, they did. It was a great service and I had no problems with it at all. After the overall work was done, I was satisfied. It raised my score so, that was a big help for me and it impacted us in a good way. It was well worth what we paid and I would highly and definitely recommend their services to a friend, family and anyone seeking a credit repair. Ovation will be the first one on my list that I would recommend them to. It was a great experience and it was something that I'm glad I got involved with and chose to work on my credit.

I felt comfortable with Ovation and the rep that I worked with was very professional. I got doctors' bill and my credit score at the time was below 500. I was with them for a year and a half and she worked with all the people that I owed money. A year and a half later, my debt was wiped out. I own my own house now. It's unbelievable. I paid $40 something a month for the service. It was great. The money that you spend definitely does the work for you. It also improved my credit score. I'm at 710 now. It's been a relief. They definitely made the process easy. I've even recommended two of my friends to them already.

My brother told me about Ovation Credit. They helped him and that's why I tried to be a part of Ovation Credit. My experience with them turned out great. I really like it. They had a lot of work to do with my credit before and the quality of their service was great for the $80 a month I was paying them. I have a credit card, it was negative and they put it on positive. Before Ovation Credit I didn't know what was going on with my credit and they helped me to be aware of my credit report since I could see every single bad report. So they helped me a lot and I would do it again if my credit go bad. With Ovation Credit I can improve my situation a little bit by month. They know what they are doing and they're very good. I would tell my friends to try it if they have a bad credit.

Ovation Credit helped me clean up my credit. I had a debt that kept showing up on my credit report. Jenny, my credit analyst was very accurate. If any report comes in the mail, I'll fax it to her and she will deal with it as soon as possible. She'll also call and talk to me and walk me through stuff. She was very patient and kept me up to date with how things are going with the reports. She listened to what I had to say and helped me to the best of her ability. She made all necessary calls to most of the companies to make sure that they remove the stuff and kept going at it until the companies had heard what she had to say. She would make sure everything was perfect.

She really worked with me to get the thing removed. That helped me go along the way enabling me to get my credit back up a little better than how it was. However, the cost was a little pricey and I couldn't afford to continue. But I did what I had to do and moved on. My fiancé is still with them so he's doing okay. It's helped me a lot so far and was excellent.

I was trying to get my credit score up and I got a call from Ovation Credit offering their service, and I was like, "I might as well give it a shot." I didn't have that much on my credit and I already had a credit card, and I was wondering why my credit score wasn't going up and dropped dramatically instead. The bank couldn't figure it out either and they even called the credit card company. So, I figured I might as well have Ovation try to repair my credit score problem. I paid them so much for their service and they worked on some issues for me — one issue was a fraudulent bill and another one was a double-charge from the cable company. I didn't renew my cable account at that time and the cable company had charged me twice. So, eventually, Ovation removed the cable bills and they got some other small bill off.

It seems Ovation kept me wanting to keep the service, even though there was one big bill that they could not get off towards the end. They were saying that they would do this for me for a fee that went from $97 to $60 plus. Then, the very last time, they said, "We can do it for $43. Just give us a little more time." But I told them, "I've given you six months to take off three bills affecting my credit score, and the last one didn't come off." I was thinking, instead of spending the money for their service, I could just pay the bill.

I didn't have very much interaction with them, although I expected to have a little more of that. I was paying Ovation the bill every month for something to be done, but I didn't get very much. I also didn't get very much information from them. I'd get an email once every other month. My wife was asking, "What's going on with this?" I had to email and call Ovation and they would say, "Oh, we're on it." Ovation got some bills off to improve my credit score, but the service comes at a price. It wasn't a bad experience that I had with them, but it wasn't a good one either. My wife put me on her credit card, too, and we made some big purchases, and then my credit score started going up.

I've already dealt with Ovation Credit Services. I needed my credit score to come up and they cancelled out. They handled a couple of items and now, I don't need them anymore. They were very friendly and the credit analyst was wonderful. She corresponded with me often. Since completing the program, I was able to get the loan that I needed.

I wanted to improve my credit and I found Ovation and figured it was a good company. They had me signed up. I had to pay a fee in the beginning and then monthly after. With the way it was explained to me, I was confident that within six months, I wouldn't have to pay $60 a month anymore. I thought it was gonna give different results and be handled differently. But I was not happy with the way it was handled at all. When they would dispute things, they would only handle one thing on one report. It became this lengthy process and I didn't even have much on my credit. It didn't make much of a difference on my score either.

They were not efficient and quick-moving so they could get customers to be with them longer to make more money, obviously. So, I called them and told my concerns. I got nowhere. I talked to a manager. The way she talked to me was okay but she made it sound like they did so much, but they didn't. It was just matter of fact to me. I told her I was not satisfied and there was absolutely no credit for it. And she was like, "Well, this is what you pay for." Every time I said how unhappy I was, it didn't matter. So I won't recommend them. I'd go with a different company.

I had some things on my credit that I wanted to be eliminated and somebody I know told me about Ovation. Their credit analyst was good. I've completed the process and my credit is okay.

I wanted to get my credit fixed. Someone recommended Ovation Credit to me so I reached out to them. They told me that they were going to help me get my credit fixed but they were withdrawing money out of my account every month and nothing was done. Then, I told them about it and they said that I had to pay every month. They say about two months money, instead of one-month money at the end.

In addition, I am the one doing the call in and they weren't calling me. They were simply stretching the process so that they could get a monthly fee. Also, their price is too much. Other people asked me about my experience and I recommended CareOne instead because they have really worked with me. I've been paying Ovation every month and I had seen no improvement so I'm very disappointed. Do not go with them.

I had some things I needed to get cleared up off my credit report that had been lingering and was hampering me from getting some things done. Someone referred me to Ovation Credit because I had some friends that had some good experiences with them. I had a wonderful experience with Ovation Credit Services. Ovation broke everything down to me. It was very clear to understand and that was the deciding factor. As long as I can get some clarity on some things, then I can move forward. One thing I do love about it, there was no pressure to do it. The cost of the program was also definitely fair.

I'm impressed with the persistence of my credit analyst. He stayed on top of things, always informative and kept us in the loop of what was going on. If anything came back, he was always on top of it, letting us know what was what. Through working with Ovation I was also able to go into a car dealership and purchase a brand-new car with no issue whatsoever. There are still financial obligations I need to do so I'm definitely going back. I've recommended them to tons of friends.

Way back 2014, I used to work in Jacksonville and at that time, I needed to fix my credit. So when a patient of mine who worked for Ovation Credit told me about it, I started with them. In fact, a few of us in the office decided to try it and see how it’d go. The people in Ovation are all good but in the three years I’ve been with them, I’ve really not seen anything. My credit is still down to a 5 and a 6. They removed a few things on my credit but I'm not seeing my score get any better and it’s just as bad. So, I just stopped because I wasn’t seeing any progress. I just said, “You know what? Let me cancel this whole thing. I’m just wasting money.” And everybody who I recommend, so far, jumped off. Nobody was happy with it.

I signed up with Ovation the start of 2017. At first I thought they were great. Then they started saying things that just didn't make sense. I would think you would dispute all things wrong/negative on your credit report. They would say they sent disputes out and I would call back and another person would say something else. They claim you couldn't dispute inquiries and tradelines at the same time. If it's not accurate, it shouldn't matter if you dispute. I think they were just stringing me along to make the process drawn out and make me pay longer. They get paid if they get results or not. I just didn't trust them after conflicting statements on my account. The customer service was great but, what they were saying just didn't add up. I would steer clear of all monthly payment credit repair companies. Their only incentive is to keep you paying monthly.

To make my credit better, I contacted Ovation Credit. Their credit team and the guidance I received from them throughout the process was good.

I contacted Ovation to make my credit better. Working with their credit team was good and they were knowledgeable and I kept in contact with them throughout the process. They gave me good guidance.

I had a couple of things on my credit that I disagreed with. One of them was a repo. I could not get recourse from it, that's why I went with Ovation Credit to try it. They disputed and got it off. All three credit bureaus removed it. They did actually get some few other things removed. I paid $69 a month for six months and I communicate through emails. They would send me emails of what they were doing. And send in the dispute letters and what was happening. Then I would get stuff in the mail from Experian about what changes have been made. They did exactly what I wanted them to do, which it to remove the repo and helped me a lot. I would recommend them.

I contacted Ovation Credit to see about the bankruptcy that was on my credit report. They called me periodically and told me what to expect and not to expect, and that they had contacted the credit bureaus. However, towards the end when they weren't doing anything except taking my money every month, they kept trying to find other things to look into, and there wasn't anything. It was just one thing and there wasn't anything they could do about it. They probably knew that at the beginning but whatever. They didn't do anything that wouldn't have already happened by itself. The bankruptcy was almost over and it fell off of our credit report. And instead of telling me that, they just took my money every month, which we were on a fixed income and didn't have that extra money to spend. But I learned that I can do it for free through the credit bureau myself.

I had to improve my credit and because of what Ovation Credit offered where they were sending all the information to the credit companies, I decided to go with them. I received an email once a week from their credit team on the updates so I was very informed. They worked with me and I finished their program. My credit had gotten better so I canceled it.

I was looking for a personal loan for debt consolidation and Ovation Credit came through one of the sites that I applied for a personal loan. I filled out the loan application and then I clicked on yes based on the privacy where they said if it was okay for them to share my information with their partners and that’s how I got to their website. Their credit team was good. They were always updating me on the processes or whatever we were doing either through phone calls or via email. I felt good about the guidance I received, confident that they knew what they were doing.

I was in the process of building my credit and that was one of the things I wanted to use Ovation Credit for. I read a little about them and I liked the reviews so I gave it a try. Their credit team was very customer-friendly and easy to talk to. They're well informed and they keep me informed before they take a payment. Overall, communication and customer service was great.

I contacted Ovation Credit for credit purposes and the first agent was very good. However, it got a little different when I got another agent. Though the girl they switched with my first agent was still working with me, I had to stop because of my own finances.

I researched credit repair companies and read the feedback on which ones seemed to be legit as I was pretty skeptical. There were a lot of negative publicity out there about using credit repair. I chose Ovation Credit and it was beneficial for me. They went through my charges and disputed everything on my credit report. Once that fell off, they helped my credit rating go up. It was a while ago and they did a great service. But it would have been nice to have had a little educational feature which was the personal piece that I felt was missing. I wished there was a little bit of a coaching because sometimes, people don't understand what they need to do, what the end result is and how to get there on building a new credit. It would have been nicer to have had a little bit more of a personal in-depth conversation because the only thing I got was a call once a month asking if I needed anything. Otherwise, they really helped me out a lot.

My friend and I were cruising the web and we saw something about Ovation Credit Services. We ended joining for a few months. We were primarily getting our credit clean up a little bit. We like the platform that we had seen on the website, so we decided to move forward. We talked to one of the reps and did it. Every month they would contact us and kept us updated which is really nice. Not just take the money and run. So we found out it was nothing. We were in it for three or four months then we discontinued. We saw some of our draw taken off and some of the ones just stopped reporting on our accounts, so it was effective. It was satisfactory. They seem to be on top of it and they were always available when you talk to them concerning one of the issues.

I wanted to buy a house and wanted to work on my credit. Ovation and I are still working on it, and they're a big help. I have recommended their company.

Question and Answers - Ovation Credit Services

Amy Myers
Director of Business Development

What problem is Ovation Credit Services trying to solve?

At Ovation Credit Services our goal is to educate and assist consumers with understanding and correcting their credit profile as to unlock their full credit potential. Ovation Credit Services works with credit bureaus and creditors to resolve issues with consumer’s credit reports. We work directly with the credit bureaus and in some cases directly with creditors to make sure any information that is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or unverifiable is either updated or removed from a consumer's credit reports.

What sets Ovation Credit Services apart from the competition?

Ovation Credit Services has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 2004 and very few complaints have ever been filed, unlike many of our competitors. We offer digital disputing with Equifax and TransUnion which usually allows for much faster responses from the bureaus in many cases. We also offer each client their own dedicated Case Advisor. This advisor will be there to support the client through each step of the disputing process and make sure they understand what is happening on their case and answer all of their questions. We also have an Online Education Center. It isn't enough for us to help our clients improve their credit profiles, we also strive to educate them on how to rebuild and maximize their credit scores moving forward so that they can reach their financial goals.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Disputing errors on your credit reports can be time consuming and very frustrating. It can be difficult to get results unless you understand how to combat inaccuracies and misleading information that is hurting your credit profile. Ovation Credit Services understands how the bureaus work and we are highly successful at getting even the most challenging types of accounts updated or removed from your report. We have had success with late payments, collection accounts, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, medical bills, fraudulent accounts and foreclosures/short-sales.

What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about Ovation Credit Services?

Many consumers confuse credit repair with Debt Management. These are two completely different industries. In many cases, if a consumer signs up for a debt management program – one that a company reduces interest, late fees, penalties, etc. and you only pay them each month instead of sending payments directly to the creditor – this usually further destroys a person's credit score. These programs would be an alternative to bankruptcy, but consumers will still have to endure the aftermath of very poor credit, even when creditors have been paid off.

How does Ovation Credit Services measure success?

Ovation Credit Services measures success by the number of satisfied clients we have. No credit repair company can ever guarantee to “wipe all your credit clean”, but we have an average of 19 accounts per client that we are able to update or delete from their credit profile. That is significant success! It is also a sign of success when a client refers friends and family. Many of our new clients come to us because we have done a great job for someone they know.

What are Ovation Credit Services values?

Ovation Credit Services has great pride in the high standard we set for ourselves with our clients. We are not like many companies that will sign a person up for service just because they ask for it. If we do not believe we can help a client and set proper expectations for our success, then we will tell a client that we are not the best fit to meet their needs. We will not sign up a client that just filed bankruptcy last month, because that client is not going to see the same level of success as someone that had their bankruptcy discharged over a year ago. We will not sign up a client that is expecting to close on a mortgage in 30 days with the expectation that we will increase their score from 550 to 700. This type of score increase is very possible, but it will take time to get there.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Ovation Credit Services?

We are here to help! We will answer your questions and guide you through the process to make sure that you not only understand what we are doing but you are a wiser individual when it comes to credit and your personal credit situation.

What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about your industry?

That credit repair is a scam. While there are some companies that are not completely honest or legitimate our A+ BBB rating and stellar reviews online always help clients with reservations about our service feel more at ease.

What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?

First, the industry perception that credit repair is not legitimate. Second, that credit can be repaired overnight or with a simple “letter to the bureau”. We can see results within the first month but in some cases we have multiple items or situations that take longer to update or remove.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The nation as a whole has just survived a major economic recession and many consumers fell victim to predatory lending practices, layoffs and the market crash. We have also seen a sharp increase in the number of identity theft cases in the US. Ten years ago, a consumer would not think twice about going online and filling out information that included their name, address, social security number and providing a credit card for payment processing. Today, consumers are much more savvy about protecting their personal information. They want to speak with a person to ask questions about the company and fortunately they are protecting their personal identity more, but in turn, it has increased the number of people we need to handle the influx of calls and emails required to earn a client's trust.

How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

Technology will continue to play an ever increasing important role in the credit and credit repair industry. We are going to have to find new ways to protect our identity and to help those that fall victim to identity theft. We anticipate that even the disputing process will become more automated and streamlined over the next 5-10 years.

How has Ovation Credit Services grown or evolved?

Over the past 2 years we have seen over 100% growth in our company. We have built strong partnerships with a number of national companies that recognize our abilities to help their clients get approved when struggling to get the financing they are seeking. Consumers are also educating themselves more on the importance of having a good credit profile and seeking help.

How do you see Ovation Credit Services growing or evolving in the future?

We will continue to evolve and expand our products and services to support the complex needs of our clients and educate them on how to maximize credit to make it work for them and allow them to reach their financial goals.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

Credit can affect many aspects of your life. Not just when buying a car or the interest rate on your house but insurance companies and even potential employers rely on credit to evaluate you. Some of the credit issues you have may be self inflicted but, in many cases we find that bad reporting/errors are to blame. Our credit consultation is completely free and we will be happy to review with you so you understand exactly what is affecting you and how we may be able to help. Bad credit is difficult to live with but by choosing our service you can have an opportunity to get a fresh start and build the credit rating you deserve.

Credit is an area that what you don't know CAN hurt you. We send our children through 12+ years of school but we don't do a good job of teaching them about making good financial decisions and how to use credit to their advantage or how to avoid the pitfalls of bad credit. In many cases consumers have already seriously damaged their credit before they are even out of college and many then spend a lifetime trying to overcome the high costs and challenges that come with bad credit.

Ovation Credit Services Company Profile