Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars17%
  • 3 stars8%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars2%

Founded in 2004 by a group of attorneys, Ovation Credit will ensure that you receive the most reliable legal credit report services. Our specialties include: Credit Repair, Identity Theft Resolution, Credit Disputes, and Improving Bad Credit Reports. Our goal is to create affordable resolutions while offering the best service possible. Visit our website today to learn more!

Ovation Credit Services

That is fantastic news Alfred!! We love to hear success stories just like yours. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 5, 2016

Ovation Credit Services is the best. They explained the process when I called them up. Their guidance was excellent and I was very informed and extremely satisfied with the outcome. My credit scores are on the 750s, it went up by about 122. Their rep, Lorie, was fantastic. She calls me and gives me updates to tell me what was going on. They said they were going to do something and they did it.

Ovation Credit Services

Wow, Thomas! Congratulations on your score improvements. We love to hear great success stories like yours. Thank you for your feedback and your referrals!

Original review: April 2, 2016

Ovation Credit Services has been excellent. Initially, I was referred to them and I've been informed that they are doing good work. They also challenge seven items while most people only want to challenge three out of the seven items, so I decided to go with them. My representative has been fantastic and I have nothing but praise for her. I had experience with other credit repair before and I am seeing the difference in my credit score now. Since I’ve started with Ovation, my credit score has gone up and I have two of my credit scores over 700 now. I have recommended Ovation to several people already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to repair my credit to buy a house, and I found Ovation Credit online. The process was slow but good. It helped my credit score go up, which was what what I was looking for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Most of my interactions with Ovation was by email, but we were kept posted about any advancement in the process. I received good service from them, and my credit did improve. I was really satisfied. They were friendly and always available. They really understand the process and guided me through it very well. I highly recommend Ovation Credit Services.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in contact with Ovation so I can get my credit score up so I could buy a house. They were very pleasant to work with. Anytime we had a question, we could contact them for anything and we had one of their personal cellphone numbers. They were courteous and friendly. They said they could get my score up, and they did that. It was a very pleasant experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ovation Credit Services?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking to repair my credit from a couple of blemishes that were on there. I did an overall review search and Ovation was one of the best so I gave them a phone call. The account person who was assigned to me was amazing and very attentive. I would send her an e-mail and she would get back to me the same day. I didn’t feel like it was just a standard way to treat people. She really took the time to feature my individual needs and exactly what I needed to do. I felt like I was the only person that she was working with and obviously I know that wasn't the case.

The guidance I got was amazing. Ovation was very upfront and honest about what they could and could not do. Throughout the entire process, I felt that they were beside me, holding my hand, walking me through each process and walking me through each time I needed to log in and dispute something so they were great. They really delivered on exactly what they could do. They did not oversell themselves. I got individual attention and an individual program to help me in what I needed to do with my getting my credit back. It was the easiest and best thing I could have ever done for myself.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used Ovation before and they did a fair job for us. We didn’t have many items on the account back then and they were able to help us with it so they were pretty decent. The woman that helped us was very professional and did a very good job. Their staff had good communication skills and they would regularly email us on the update. Overall it was a good experience and I would use them again if the need arises.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard good stuff about Ovation from word of mouth, so I figured I’d give it a shot. A buddy had used them. The reps answered most of my questions and were very friendly and informative. The only drawback is I didn’t see my credit score move as much as I would like for it to. Other than that, the experience with them was okay. They steered me in the right direction. I’m a little bit better now credit-wise than I was then.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted Ovation Credit for some dispute on our credit report because we were getting ready to buy a home. Our experience with them has been very good. They were very friendly and did an excellent job. They took care of what I needed. If anyone’s looking for a good company who would take care of their financial needs and do a lot of dispute and fight for it, Ovation’s the one to go to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Ovation about three years ago to clean my credit report. I called to inquire the cost and how it works. I was with them for three months and that's how long it took to clear everything. A girl helped me tremendously and she was awesome. I recommended her to a few people. I don't know if they used her or not but when they told me they have problems I gave them the numbers I have. The communication was very efficient because every time something was cleared I got an email about it. And if there was a situation where there was something that couldn't be done via email, I got a call from her. They knew what needed to be done and it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ovation Credit is a good company. I needed to turn my credit and their team was great. They gave me good guidance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some corporate cards that were on my private credit which they shouldn't have been, so I didn't know how to go about moving stuff. I worked down until I spoke to somebody from Ovation Credit and I went ahead with them. Their responses got to me fairly quickly when I needed them, so they were responsive. Ultimately, I canceled because I wasn't sure if some stuff worked. I know they were trying so I'm okay with it. I didn't know enough about it and they seemed to know more than I did so it was fine. It's a decent service for the price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I appreciate how Ovation Credit repaired my credit and how they raised my credit score which gave me the opportunity to purchase major things. They have a good customer service. They are very informative and their response time was very quick. I spoke with someone regularly and they told me what they were disputing off my credit. It just seemed like it took a long process though.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was sent to collection by a hospital that never tried to contact me about debt so my insurance paid three-quarters of what they wanted. I had this ding on my credit and I wanted it removed. I contacted Ovation Credit and they were excellent to deal with. They did everything they said they were going to do. My daughter had three traffic tickets that were in my card and they also got those removed. They also separated some accounts for me and my ex-wife. Then six months after, they monitored my credit for six months. They called me and said, “You're fine. We should stop monitoring your credit and stop charging you.” It was really good and everything came out perfect. I couldn’t be any happier with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was coming out of bankruptcy 5 years ago and I couldn’t find my way out of anything but Ovation Credit helped me out a lot. They were very nice to write to everybody I was having problems with and explain that I was in bankruptcy. I’d call their team members once in a while if I had any problem and they were very nice in how they tell me, “Hey, we’ll send the letter out to them.” While working on my credit repair process, they'd tell me not to charge anything. They're great people and they’ve come on the straight and narrow, got everything figured out, and my credit score is now up to 710.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to clear up some credit issues then so I got the services of Ovation Credit. Their rep was very professional and everything was great. They kept in touch with me to let me know what was going on and their online dashboard was a great tool. However, they’re mostly slow and that’s also why I decided to stop using them. Things were slow but they got the job done. Overall, it was a great company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to raise my credit so I could get a house, and to get it cleaned up because my credit had too many miscellaneous things on it that should have been cleaned a long time ago. I've been through several credit repair companies and even used a lawyer once to clean it up and it never did anything at all but Ovation was good. The reps of Ovation used to call me and just check up on stuff to make sure things are cool and give me updates on what they did or what they're doing and what needs to be done. We had good personal communication rather than just online service, wondering what's going on. The guidance I have received is excellent. I refer people to them all the time. They did a great job, my credit is good, and everybody was excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in contact with Ovation Credit to work on my credit score. Their rep in Florida checked in on me every month and as our relationship has progressed, the more that I kept getting letters from credit companies saying, “Hey, no one can get your credit score down. All they’re doing is just sending letters, and the same letter over and over and over again." It was ticking off some of the creditors that I had already paid. It was odd.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm in the military, had some dings on my credit report and felt that some of them were not correct. I also did not have time with going on deployments to actually handle it myself. One of my co-workers who was in a similar situation said that he had used Ovation Credit before and it worked out well for him. So I decided to give them a shot as well. I spoke with their team two times when I set up the account and when I cancelled it. They were always very good and professional. They got some input from me, asked me what was important and what I was trying to do.

Some of the things they told me I already knew but that may not be the case for everybody. I had done a lot of homework but thought it was all very sound advice and guidance. They were very helpful and I liked that I received a tip via email. They stayed on par with what they told me they were going to do so I was very satisfied. The only reason I cancelled the service was because I was in the spot that I wanted to be and they got my credit card good enough to where I could buy a house.

Ovation Credit Services

Thank you for your feed back Aaron. We will take this information and use it as a training opportunity to ask more questions to our clients to insure they fully understand our process. We never want our clients to feel like they are being left in the dark about our process.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I found Ovation Credit online and they offered a definite solution of getting rid of some discrepancies on my credit report, thus raising my credit score. With my initial talk with them, I felt they were honest and trustworthy, and that means a lot. They called me every month and they were very good with getting back with me on emails. I could call them at any time and they were really good about returning calls too.

However, I'd like to have a little more understanding on how the online dispute system works. I was unsure at times on how they go about disputing and what reason to give and how that whole system worked. I didn’t really fully understand how all the three credit bureaus handle the dispute system. I wasn’t given a lot of guidance there and I just eventually figured it out. It has to be done with each credit bureau. Sometimes I would have to go on and periodically keep checking. Other times, I would get an email. It's sporadic and random. Other than that, they gave really good guidance when we discussed my options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

To repair my credit, I went with Ovation Credit Services and they did a couple of things that were helpful. One was getting my kid off my credit. I was grateful of that and that was why I kept paying them for six months. But once I realized that I could do it myself, there was no point in paying them. I paid a lot of money, and it was over with. They didn't actually help my credit rating and I'm still fighting a couple of issues that I've had on there for five years that they never even touched. But it was good and I'm not mad at them even though didn't do what I thought they were going to do. I hired them twice and the first time I did, the person I had was useless. The second time I hired them, the person was, at least, trying. The girl I was working with was friendly and nice. She called once a month and said hello.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went onto Moneytreeinc.com and I saw a commercial where you could have the banks call you, so I went on there and gave some personal information. At that time, my scores were slightly off, and it wasn’t enough to purchase a property. So they emailed me and I was told that I had a decent credit but to be able to purchase, my numbers needed to come up. It was then that they recommended that I go to Ovation Credit. They were a highly rated firm and they were going to assist me in raising my credit score.

I had been working on my own credit for seven years prior. When I needed that final boost onto the 700 level, I called and signed up with Ovation Credit and they were able to do that for me in a three to six-month period. They did a great job for me. The lady from there called me back and they emailed me every time they got something off. Every time they removed something, they called and discussed it with me. It was fantastic. Right now, I got a pre-approval letter in Gwinnett County and I’m waiting to find the right home for me. I’m going to be purchasing a property within the next 50 days. I referred my fiancée to Ovation Credit, however, she had the opposite effect with them. They kept taking her money and they never called her. So, it was all based on what kind of counselor one had. The lady I had was very attentive and called me on every turn. I had an awesome experience but my fiancée had a very negative one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used one of Ovation's competitors before and I was unhappy with them. So I searched online for another credit repair company because I was trying to clear up my credit and my wife's. I had called three companies and when I got to Ovation, they suggested they were more than worth a try. I chose them due to a number of reasons - their system, professionalism, the rates are great and to affect changes on people's credit reports based on their informing me of the instances that they're able to do, whereas others who try and weren't able to do things.

They gave me statistics that showed me and any business that you walk into, that you talk to, that you call or contact, you don't have to cross your fingers to cut off a circulation but everything is crossing your fingers. You don't know until you actually tried things, but based on what they said, that's why I decided to try them. The person who assisted me was above and beyond. She represented Ovation and it was always excellent. I didn't leave Ovation until my credit was cleared up.

The one thing that they don't seem to be able to do though is to get things removed from my public records. Very many places, companies, cannot get public records removed however, there is one in Florida, Allen Michael. They seem to get public records removed for some people but I was not going to switch from Ovation to Allen Michael and start from square one. I came into Ovation in the middle of my ten years worth of having to wait for bankruptcy but they affected so many changes that others were not able to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ovation Credit had the best interest and most cost-effective amongst those that I contacted, so I decided to choose them. The team was always pleasant whenever I contact them either through email or phone. The guidance they give regarding the credit repair process was very good. The lady that was assigned to me, Lori, was just really outstanding and very thorough, but she got us back on a good track. There was quite a few blemishes that should not have been on there but she advised well and we were able to get the things taken care of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a credit repair company. I was getting ready to build a new house and I just wanted to beef up my credit a little bit. So I did some research online and I found Ovation Credit. They had good reviews online so I called them up. They had a reasonable price and I seemed pretty happy with them so I got their service. It worked out great. They cleared off a lot of the negative reports on my credit and were able to raise the score quite a bit. I was able to qualify for a really low home loan. They had a high turnover rate but it seemed like everybody I worked with was really knowledgeable and helpful. They knew what they were doing and gave me good guidance. It was overall a good experience. I'd use them again if I had to, but I don't plan on letting my credit go down anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ovation Credit is very helpful. My brother referred me to them because I wanted to fix my credit. It was a really good experience. They kept me motivated and organized. At times when I would forget to check in, they would check in with me. They made sure I was taking care of everything I needed to and made me aware of a lot of things. My habits now are way better.

Ovation Credit Services

Lawrence we would love the opportunity to better understand your concerns. During your time with us, we were able to get 26 accounts updated or deleted from your credit reports. We would consider that to be a good result. If you have additional concerns I welcome your feedback, as we are always working to provide superior customer service!

Original review: July 30, 2016

Years ago, I used a credit with their company that was local and they did a good job. But they've been taking money from me and my son for more than 18 months now and Ovation did nothing. They should do their job and do what they tell people they are going to do. I guess you get what you pay for.

Ovation Credit Services

Orenthia, Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear about our clients reaching their credit goals!

Original review: July 25, 2016

I was trying to get my credit score up to par and Ovation Credit was highly rated by the Better Business Bureau. All interactions with their team, which were mostly on the phone, were positive and they were always very serious. One of their reps called me personally once a month and she was awesome. She was always nice and courteous and gave me some positive, honest feedback that I used it to get my credit score real high. Her guidance was great. Ovation Credit told me what I needed to do to get my credit in good standing. They did what I needed them to do. They're good and I recommend them to other people. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Ovation Credit look at my credit report and get rid of some of the information that was on there. They were one of the first ones I found and seemed to do a good job. They were always friendly, really responsive anytime I had any questions and would call me a few times to check in just to tell me what they were doing. It was educational and they communicated throughout the whole process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Ovation Credit Services online and signed up because I had to clean up stuff. It was easy. I talked to them one time on the phone and the guidance that I received was fine.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Founded by attorneys, Ovation Credit Services grants legal and business expertise to help clients repair their credit and gain an optimal credit profile.

• Services: Ovation offers two different programs to best fit your specific needs. Our Essentials Plan will combat with customized disputes for all inaccurate, misleading and unverifiable information found on your reports with Equifax, TransUnion and Experian. You will have a dedicated Case Advisor to answer all of your questions along the way or you can view all updates anytime through our on-line portal. Our Essentials Plus Plan is the most aggressive program. Clients receive unlimited customized disputes to all three credit bureaus, as well as unlimited validation and good-will letters to your creditors. For immediate credit needs, we offer a Letter of Recommendation from our attorneys to potential creditors that you are aware of inaccurate information on your report and you have hired us to help you get this information updated. You will have 24/7 credit monitoring from TransUnion and like the Essentials plan, your personal Case Advisor will be there to answer all of your questions along the way or you can view all updates anytime through our on-line portal.
  • Fees: After a free consultation, Ovation will recommend a program that will best meet your needs. There is a First Work Fee of only $89 to get started. Then, choose from either the Essential Plus program for $89.00 per month until services are complete and the client is satisfied. For the more budget conscious client, we offer the Essentials Plan. It is only $59.00 per month until the customer is satisfied with the results. We also offer Couples, Senior and Military discounts and if a client refers a friend or family member, they can earn $35 - $50 credit off their next monthly payment. There are no long-term contracts, and all plans come with a 100 percent quality service guarantee.
  • Contact: Phone and email contact are available as well as 24/7 online account access. Email alerts keep clients informed of changes in their credit profiles and helps them monitor potentially unauthorized activity.
  • Education: Understanding how to better manage credit in the future is a key part of what make Ovation Credit stand out from the competition. The Ovation Education Dashboard offers clients an informative and educational blog, and the FAQ section includes answers and best practices for common debt related questions.
  • Best for Individuals suffering from less than perfect credit ratings and looking for a reliable company, with proven results to help.

Question and Answers - Ovation Credit Services

Amy Myers
Director of Business Development

What problem is Ovation Credit Services trying to solve?

At Ovation Credit Services our goal is to educate and assist consumers with understanding and correcting their credit profile as to unlock their full credit potential. Ovation Credit Services works with credit bureaus and creditors to resolve issues with consumer’s credit reports. We work directly with the credit bureaus and in some cases directly with creditors to make sure any information that is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or unverifiable is either updated or removed from a consumer's credit reports.

What sets Ovation Credit Services apart from the competition?

Ovation Credit Services has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 2004 and very few complaints have ever been filed, unlike many of our competitors. We offer digital disputing with Equifax and TransUnion which usually allows for much faster responses from the bureaus in many cases. We also offer each client their own dedicated Case Advisor. This advisor will be there to support the client through each step of the disputing process and make sure they understand what is happening on their case and answer all of their questions. We also have an Online Education Center. It isn't enough for us to help our clients improve their credit profiles, we also strive to educate them on how to rebuild and maximize their credit scores moving forward so that they can reach their financial goals.

What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Disputing errors on your credit reports can be time consuming and very frustrating. It can be difficult to get results unless you understand how to combat inaccuracies and misleading information that is hurting your credit profile. Ovation Credit Services understands how the bureaus work and we are highly successful at getting even the most challenging types of accounts updated or removed from your report. We have had success with late payments, collection accounts, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, medical bills, fraudulent accounts and foreclosures/short-sales.

What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about Ovation Credit Services?

Many consumers confuse credit repair with Debt Management. These are two completely different industries. In many cases, if a consumer signs up for a debt management program – one that a company reduces interest, late fees, penalties, etc. and you only pay them each month instead of sending payments directly to the creditor – this usually further destroys a person's credit score. These programs would be an alternative to bankruptcy, but consumers will still have to endure the aftermath of very poor credit, even when creditors have been paid off.

How does Ovation Credit Services measure success?

Ovation Credit Services measures success by the number of satisfied clients we have. No credit repair company can ever guarantee to “wipe all your credit clean”, but we have an average of 19 accounts per client that we are able to update or delete from their credit profile. That is significant success! It is also a sign of success when a client refers friends and family. Many of our new clients come to us because we have done a great job for someone they know.

What are Ovation Credit Services values?

Ovation Credit Services has great pride in the high standard we set for ourselves with our clients. We are not like many companies that will sign a person up for service just because they ask for it. If we do not believe we can help a client and set proper expectations for our success, then we will tell a client that we are not the best fit to meet their needs. We will not sign up a client that just filed bankruptcy last month, because that client is not going to see the same level of success as someone that had their bankruptcy discharged over a year ago. We will not sign up a client that is expecting to close on a mortgage in 30 days with the expectation that we will increase their score from 550 to 700. This type of score increase is very possible, but it will take time to get there.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Ovation Credit Services?

We are here to help! We will answer your questions and guide you through the process to make sure that you not only understand what we are doing but you are a wiser individual when it comes to credit and your personal credit situation.

What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about your industry?

That credit repair is a scam. While there are some companies that are not completely honest or legitimate our A+ BBB rating and stellar reviews online always help clients with reservations about our service feel more at ease.

What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?

First, the industry perception that credit repair is not legitimate. Second, that credit can be repaired overnight or with a simple “letter to the bureau”. We can see results within the first month but in some cases we have multiple items or situations that take longer to update or remove.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The nation as a whole has just survived a major economic recession and many consumers fell victim to predatory lending practices, layoffs and the market crash. We have also seen a sharp increase in the number of identity theft cases in the US. Ten years ago, a consumer would not think twice about going online and filling out information that included their name, address, social security number and providing a credit card for payment processing. Today, consumers are much more savvy about protecting their personal information. They want to speak with a person to ask questions about the company and fortunately they are protecting their personal identity more, but in turn, it has increased the number of people we need to handle the influx of calls and emails required to earn a client's trust.

How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?

Technology will continue to play an ever increasing important role in the credit and credit repair industry. We are going to have to find new ways to protect our identity and to help those that fall victim to identity theft. We anticipate that even the disputing process will become more automated and streamlined over the next 5-10 years.

How has Ovation Credit Services grown or evolved?

Over the past 2 years we have seen over 100% growth in our company. We have built strong partnerships with a number of national companies that recognize our abilities to help their clients get approved when struggling to get the financing they are seeking. Consumers are also educating themselves more on the importance of having a good credit profile and seeking help.

How do you see Ovation Credit Services growing or evolving in the future?

We will continue to evolve and expand our products and services to support the complex needs of our clients and educate them on how to maximize credit to make it work for them and allow them to reach their financial goals.

Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?

Credit can affect many aspects of your life. Not just when buying a car or the interest rate on your house but insurance companies and even potential employers rely on credit to evaluate you. Some of the credit issues you have may be self inflicted but, in many cases we find that bad reporting/errors are to blame. Our credit consultation is completely free and we will be happy to review with you so you understand exactly what is affecting you and how we may be able to help. Bad credit is difficult to live with but by choosing our service you can have an opportunity to get a fresh start and build the credit rating you deserve.

Credit is an area that what you don't know CAN hurt you. We send our children through 12+ years of school but we don't do a good job of teaching them about making good financial decisions and how to use credit to their advantage or how to avoid the pitfalls of bad credit. In many cases consumers have already seriously damaged their credit before they are even out of college and many then spend a lifetime trying to overcome the high costs and challenges that come with bad credit.

Ovation Credit Services Company Profile