Discover the right credit repair company for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.33/5

Ovation Credit Services

Founded in 2004 by a group of attorneys, Ovation Credit will ensure that you receive the most reliable legal credit report services. Our specialties include: Credit Repair, Identity Theft Resolution, Credit Disputes, and Improving Bad Credit Reports. Our goal is to create affordable resolutions while offering the best service possible. Visit our website today to learn more!

Ovation Credit Services Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I wanted to share what the Credit Bureaus told me themselves. They advised me not to pay for credit services to dispute anything on my credit report. This is something that I can do myself. If you dispute something on your credit report and it doesn't come off in the first 45 days. Then you can keep disputing it and eventually the Credit Bureau will remove it. I've done this. That's why I can confirm this. I asked Ovation Credit what if the item that they're disputing doesn't come off? They said they keep disputing it. The same thing you can do yourself for free. You don't have to pay Ovation Credit $113.00 a month for however long it takes when you can save that money and do it yourself.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Signed up for services in June of this year. They stated that they wouldn't do any services until start-up fees were paid. Paid em. They sent out dispute letters monthly until now. (October) Charged me monthly. Nothing has gotten accomplished. In fact, my credit has gotten WORSE since signing on. Then when I call to cancel, I get offered 2 different options (both of which I declined). Am put on hold twice before finally being told they bill in arrears? Whatever that means and I owe another 60 dollars. So basically, they charged me 140 bucks for 1 month of services, to which still nothing has changed or had been done. This company is nothing but a bunch of SCAMMERS AND RIP OFF ARTISTS!!! Do not believe any positive reviews. The more I think about it, the more I feel the good reviews are written by employees. Thanks, no thanks Ovation. You're nothing but a bunch of lousy con artists.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Repair Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I checked with my credit monitoring services to see if I was pre-qualified for a $4000 debt consolidation loan for 48 months and did not qualify for a LendingTree loan. The next day I receive both phone call and e-mail from Ovation Credit Services, a LendingTree Company and was told I qualified for a discounted special service program for $29.00.

I gave it a try but was quickly turned-off when 1) I couldn't get a hold of my case advisor by phone, text, or voicemail. 2) LendingTree sends multiple e-mails to my e-mail accounts in my inbox and spam folders AND I'm receiving offers for loans, credit management, credit repair, credit consultation, etc, etc. from up to a dozen other companies via e-mail, text, and phone. 3) I decide to cancel within 3 days by phone and I finally make contact with my case advisor, Jenny ** Case Advisor Ovation Credit Services, a LendingTree Company, Direct Line: 866-639-3426 ext. **. Fax: 904-737-5403. Email: **, who puts on a fake cheerful voice until I inform her of cancellation, whereupon, she suddenly sounds tired, overworked, and becomes spiteful and puts me on hold twice, 5 minutes at a time, and tells me I won't get a refund and promptly hangs up.

4) The next morning, the phone calls, texts, and e-mails I described earlier have all slowed down to the normal levels in my spam folders. 5) LendingTree and Ovation Credit Services send me an e-mail stating if I want they can re-instate my account with an 'even cheaper, extra-special, discounted, premium service plan but only if I'm honestly serious about having excellent credit ratings in the future.' Conclusion: I fell for a scam, was taken advantage of, but at least I wasn't taken for thousands of $$$ over a year's time.

By the way, I'm a middle-aged disability-retired person of color that also happens to be college educated, courtesy of Uncle Sam and the US Army. My point? They 'claimed' to thank me for serving my country when that info was never on the application online when I agreed to this 'turkey-shoot' and I'm the turkey. What else did they access without my permission or consent directly or indirectly through their 'services' or partners, affiliates, sponsors, my financial institutions, online shopping services and preferences. I don't know.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I used Ovation for more than 2 years... My credit got WORSE with them. I stopped three months ago and my credit score is much better without them. Be aware... They are a SCAM! Save your money and go to a legit service like Lexington Law.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was looking for help to fix our credit so we could refinance and put our home in our name. It was in our son's name 'cause his credit great & interest rate was so good! Anyway it was time for us to change and put in our name. I called Ovation Credit. I just googled them, (read a lot of reviews) I left a message for someone to call. They called back then I talked to Kevin **. He was so nice and helpful right from beginning, wasn’t pushy, so I decide to try it.

Within 2 to 3 months our credit is great, went way up, he got so much off our record that I couldn’t. I was so amazed. Kevin doesn’t bother us. He just checked in once in a while. It’s so easy, we love are so happy now. Got the house our name, have been approved for credit cards we could never get before. I’m telling you don’t hesitate. This is the best, price is great, easy, fast, works. Thank you. Oh and by the way our home is now in our name with the help of Kevin ** and payment is about the same as it was and only took 2 month!!! Thank you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ovation Credit Services?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I was looking for either bankruptcy services or credit repair services online. Was called at random by these guys when I went in to look at LendingTree and while we were on the phone, they asked for my card number so that if I chose to go through with getting their credit repair services started, they would already have the information.

Well I was dumb enough to fall for that ploy. After getting off of the phone with them, they wanted full access to my Experian credit account, I'm talking user ID and password, and they wants scans of my social security ID card, and my driver's license. That's when I hit the brakes and said no and figured it would be done and over with. Boy was I wrong, I was SO so wrong! A month of not hearing anything from them then I get billed 89 dollars and email me they will bill me again in a month. At this point I tell them I never agreed to anything, and to close this so called account.

To close the account they want an extra 33 dollars on top of that even though they did no work. I never agreed to any plans with them, and this so called user ID they have for me doesn't work so I can't even go on their website to login. I have already contacted my lawyer at this point because this what they are doing right here, is fraud. They stole my money.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was told there would only be one charge for their services. They charged me double their fee and then charged me twice for it. They record all calls but conveniently lost mine that explained the charges. Would call several times a day when I work nights and had no idea why I would be upset being woke up 5 times in two hours. And to top it all off my credit score dropped almost 40 points in 2 months. Do not call these guys for credit repair.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I worked with another company doing credit repair and got strung along and paid a lot of money to get minimal results. Although things took a little longer than I liked they ultimately got things done. (thus the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) If you have a proper understanding as to what to expect and how disputing works you won’t be disappointed with this company. I gladly referred many friends and family to them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I picked up the service hesitantly and was told that I could cancel later. I decided to cancel, but they told me that I could only cancel within 5 days. They refuse to refund any money back to me. Not even pro-rated. Don't do business with these guys.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I been using their service for 8 months now and have not seen no change at all and the funny thing is me and my wife only have 1 single account to be removed. Just 1 and they still can do the job??? And there very quick to email you or call if your payment does not go thru but I email them a few days ago and still a week later no respond. What I see they keep doing is changing expected day to be resolve to more and more days. This company really stole my money and my wife money over 1,000$ spend for nothing. Dont used this company??!! Be Aware!!! Scam. If you need any proof of all the stuff I just said feel free to email me **. I have all the proof of what I just said.

Ovation Credit Services expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Ovation Credit Services provides legal and business expertise to help clients repair their credit and gain an optimal credit profile. The business was founded by attorneys who saw a need to help clients who received misleading or inaccurate credit reports. Ovation’s customizable programs give clients options to find the right care they need.

• Credit repair services: Ovation offers credit repair services across two plans. Services provided in both plans include unlimited bureau disputes, online dispute management, a personal care advisor and a professional credit analyst. The higher-tier package also includes unlimited validation letters and goodwill letters and 24/7 TransUnion credit monitoring.

• Credit repair cost: The Essentials package is available for $69/month, and the Essentials Plus package is $99/month. A free consultation is available.

• Credit repair fees: A first work fee of $114 applies to both plans.

• Credit repair education: Ovation provides numerous articles in their Credit Education Center on the topics of credit repair, building credit, loans, credit cards and more.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor

Ovation Credit Services questions and answers

What problem is Ovation Credit Services trying to solve?
At Ovation Credit Services our goal is to educate and assist consumers with understanding and correcting their credit profile as to unlock their full credit potential. Ovation Credit Services works with credit bureaus and creditors to resolve issues with consumer’s credit reports. We work directly with the credit bureaus and in some cases directly with creditors to make sure any information that is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or unverifiable is either updated or removed from a consumer's credit reports.
What sets Ovation Credit Services apart from the competition?
Ovation Credit Services has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 2004 and very few complaints have ever been filed, unlike many of our competitors. We offer digital disputing with Equifax and TransUnion which usually allows for much faster responses from the bureaus in many cases. We also offer each client their own dedicated Case Advisor. This advisor will be there to support the client through each step of the disputing process and make sure they understand what is happening on their case and answer all of their questions. We also have an Online Education Center. It isn't enough for us to help our clients improve their credit profiles, we also strive to educate them on how to rebuild and maximize their credit scores moving forward so that they can reach their financial goals.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Disputing errors on your credit reports can be time consuming and very frustrating. It can be difficult to get results unless you understand how to combat inaccuracies and misleading information that is hurting your credit profile. Ovation Credit Services understands how the bureaus work and we are highly successful at getting even the most challenging types of accounts updated or removed from your report. We have had success with late payments, collection accounts, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, medical bills, fraudulent accounts and foreclosures/short-sales.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about Ovation Credit Services?
Many consumers confuse credit repair with Debt Management. These are two completely different industries. In many cases, if a consumer signs up for a debt management program – one that a company reduces interest, late fees, penalties, etc. and you only pay them each month instead of sending payments directly to the creditor – this usually further destroys a person's credit score. These programs would be an alternative to bankruptcy, but consumers will still have to endure the aftermath of very poor credit, even when creditors have been paid off.
How does Ovation Credit Services measure success?
Ovation Credit Services measures success by the number of satisfied clients we have. No credit repair company can ever guarantee to “wipe all your credit clean”, but we have an average of 19 accounts per client that we are able to update or delete from their credit profile. That is significant success! It is also a sign of success when a client refers friends and family. Many of our new clients come to us because we have done a great job for someone they know.
What are Ovation Credit Services values?
Ovation Credit Services has great pride in the high standard we set for ourselves with our clients. We are not like many companies that will sign a person up for service just because they ask for it. If we do not believe we can help a client and set proper expectations for our success, then we will tell a client that we are not the best fit to meet their needs. We will not sign up a client that just filed bankruptcy last month, because that client is not going to see the same level of success as someone that had their bankruptcy discharged over a year ago. We will not sign up a client that is expecting to close on a mortgage in 30 days with the expectation that we will increase their score from 550 to 700. This type of score increase is very possible, but it will take time to get there.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Ovation Credit Services?
We are here to help! We will answer your questions and guide you through the process to make sure that you not only understand what we are doing but you are a wiser individual when it comes to credit and your personal credit situation.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about your industry?
That credit repair is a scam. While there are some companies that are not completely honest or legitimate our A+ BBB rating and stellar reviews online always help clients with reservations about our service feel more at ease.
What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?
First, the industry perception that credit repair is not legitimate. Second, that credit can be repaired overnight or with a simple “letter to the bureau”. We can see results within the first month but in some cases we have multiple items or situations that take longer to update or remove.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The nation as a whole has just survived a major economic recession and many consumers fell victim to predatory lending practices, layoffs and the market crash. We have also seen a sharp increase in the number of identity theft cases in the US. Ten years ago, a consumer would not think twice about going online and filling out information that included their name, address, social security number and providing a credit card for payment processing. Today, consumers are much more savvy about protecting their personal information. They want to speak with a person to ask questions about the company and fortunately they are protecting their personal identity more, but in turn, it has increased the number of people we need to handle the influx of calls and emails required to earn a client's trust.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Technology will continue to play an ever increasing important role in the credit and credit repair industry. We are going to have to find new ways to protect our identity and to help those that fall victim to identity theft. We anticipate that even the disputing process will become more automated and streamlined over the next 5-10 years.
How has Ovation Credit Services grown or evolved?
Over the past 2 years we have seen over 100% growth in our company. We have built strong partnerships with a number of national companies that recognize our abilities to help their clients get approved when struggling to get the financing they are seeking. Consumers are also educating themselves more on the importance of having a good credit profile and seeking help.
How do you see Ovation Credit Services growing or evolving in the future?
We will continue to evolve and expand our products and services to support the complex needs of our clients and educate them on how to maximize credit to make it work for them and allow them to reach their financial goals.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Credit can affect many aspects of your life. Not just when buying a car or the interest rate on your house but insurance companies and even potential employers rely on credit to evaluate you. Some of the credit issues you have may be self inflicted but, in many cases we find that bad reporting/errors are to blame. Our credit consultation is completely free and we will be happy to review with you so you understand exactly what is affecting you and how we may be able to help. Bad credit is difficult to live with but by choosing our service you can have an opportunity to get a fresh start and build the credit rating you deserve.

Credit is an area that what you don't know CAN hurt you. We send our children through 12+ years of school but we don't do a good job of teaching them about making good financial decisions and how to use credit to their advantage or how to avoid the pitfalls of bad credit. In many cases consumers have already seriously damaged their credit before they are even out of college and many then spend a lifetime trying to overcome the high costs and challenges that come with bad credit.

Ovation Credit Services Company Information