4.37/5
  • 1 star
Based on 320 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right credit repair company for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Ovation Credit Services

Founded in 2004 by a group of attorneys, Ovation Credit will ensure that you receive the most reliable legal credit report services. Our specialties include: Credit Repair, Identity Theft Resolution, Credit Disputes, and Improving Bad Credit Reports. Our goal is to create affordable resolutions while offering the best service possible. Visit our website today to learn more!

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

320 Ovation Credit Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was told there would only be one charge for their services. They charged me double their fee and then charged me twice for it. They record all calls but conveniently lost mine that explained the charges. Would call several times a day when I work nights and had no idea why I would be upset being woke up 5 times in two hours. And to top it all off my credit score dropped almost 40 points in 2 months. Do not call these guys for credit repair.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I worked with another company doing credit repair and got strung along and paid a lot of money to get minimal results. Although things took a little longer than I liked they ultimately got things done. (thus the reason for 4 stars instead of 5) If you have a proper understanding as to what to expect and how disputing works you won’t be disappointed with this company. I gladly referred many friends and family to them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I picked up the service hesitantly and was told that I could cancel later. I decided to cancel, but they told me that I could only cancel within 5 days. They refuse to refund any money back to me. Not even pro-rated. Don't do business with these guys.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I been using their service for 8 months now and have not seen no change at all and the funny thing is me and my wife only have 1 single account to be removed. Just 1 and they still can do the job??? And there very quick to email you or call if your payment does not go thru but I email them a few days ago and still a week later no respond. What I see they keep doing is changing expected day to be resolve to more and more days. This company really stole my money and my wife money over 1,000$ spend for nothing. Dont used this company??!! Be Aware!!! Scam. If you need any proof of all the stuff I just said feel free to email me **. I have all the proof of what I just said.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Ovation Credit did a small fixing to my credit report since there were a couple of accounts that were doubled. My credit analyst was Dietra and it was very easy working with her since it was all explained. Every time she got something new, she sends me an email and kept me updated. I send an email every time I had a question and she would reply within 24 hours, which is not bad. It was very good, everything run very smooth, and the communication was straightforward. The price, interaction, and service were good and the online page was easy to follow. I didn’t have any problem with anyone or anything. I got what I wanted which was to fix the credit report.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ovation Credit Services?

Original review: May 30, 2017

A friend of mine referred Ovation Credit to me and I’ve already referred two friends to them as well. Everything’s been great with Ovation and they helped me with my score. The credit rep followed up with me all the time and let me know what the process was, and the process was easy and painless. The cost is good for the quality of service I received. It’s worth the money and I would use them again if something happens and I needed to.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I wanted to get stuff off my credit report and Ovation Credit helped me do it. Their credit analysts were nice and helpful. My last analyst, Jenny, made me feel very comfortable when working with her. The program got my credit score up and now I'm done. Having worked with Ovation Credit has made it a lot easier for me to get a loan. I would tell my friends about Ovation if they have trouble with their credit.

Original review: May 26, 2017

We were trying to repair our credit. I wanted my car payment to be changed from a bad point that makes my credit go down every single time to paid-off in full, but Ovation Credit wasn't able to do that and nothing was changed in our credit report. They told us to stay with them for a six-month period, at least. I stayed with them for five months and my boyfriend stayed with them for six months. The process was smooth and they were on-time They're an organized company but we can't focus on paying off our credit right now. It's a waste of time for me. Still, if somebody was having difficulties because they were currently paying things off and weren't seeing any improvement, I can see them benefiting from the service.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My co-worker at my old job had so many good things to say about Ovation Credit, so I remembered them when I finally decided to seek for assistance. The emails were consistent and kept me updated and their credit analyst stayed on point. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and had a lot of good suggestions that I could do on my end while they're doing what they do on their end. It was comfortable working with them. The value was there for the price-point that they set forth. Also, they offered some discounts for referrals. I got approved for a place, so it was good and I would definitely refer them.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Working with Ovation Credit made a difference. I saw improvement though a lot of the debt went away on its own because of the age. But I got what I expected so I was not disappointed in any way. I'd tell a family member or a friend to go for it.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I was trying to get a card through a bank but they turned me down because of my Capital One credit card. Then I answered one of those deals where they sign you up so that you can borrow money. I called them to see if I could get a loan from them and then they got Ovation to help me. Ovation was gonna consolidate my credit. They got other people that I owed money from to send me letters and call me to ask if I can pay them. But, that’s it. I didn't let Ovation work long enough for me 'cause they were charging me $59 a month to represent me and I couldn't afford it, so I canceled it. Also, a lawyer representing my creditor called me and said that I qualified to get a loan, and that they were letting me pay out on payments. And by doing that, they're taking me off that credit deal. So, that’s what I'm gonna do.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I didn't know that there was a company that would assist me and could help build my credit. But this guy at a campground had Ovation Credit's card and referred me to them. I spoke with a lady and she gave me some information about smaller collections that I could pay off and give my credit up. We set up a payment plan and started following it. The lady helped me through who I had to contact and which debt will hurt my credit and which I didn't have to worry about.

The overall experience was good. I was happy that they got back in contact with me when they said they were going to. They were courteous and always had a good attitude and helped me through the process of building my credit. Ovation Credit's service helped out a lot. My first major purchase was a vehicle, but I'm working towards buying a house. I would use Ovation again if I ever needed help with paying a creditor or finding out any information as far as what I owe or how I might be able to go about clearing up a debt. Also, I would tell my friends how great my experience was, explain what Ovation Credit does, and how they helped.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I had a lot of stuff on my credit that was old and I was trying to get it off. I had a car loan that was supposed to be dropped off, but it wasn't dropped off this year. So, Ovation Credit wrote a letter to the people I had the car with. They started working immediately, and they did a good job with my credit. The rep was nice, friendly and she offered to put my credit payments on hold until I figured out what I wanted to do.

Working with Ovation has impacted my life a lot. Now, I have a better chance to grow because I don't have all that older stuff in my credit anymore. Also, I was paying $80 a month and then it went down to $56. It was a reasonable price and I had it set up so that they could get it out of my account every month. Overall, I like Ovation Credit and I've recommended them to friends. Even if I had to work with my credit again, they will be the first place I would go to.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I was rebuilding my credit and Ovation was recommended by my sister. I filled out a questionnaire online and I was told at the completion of the application that someone would contact with me. Someone contacted me within 24 to 48 hours and I signed for their program at that time. Ovation Credit listened to my story as to why and where I was with my credit and how I got to where I did. They listened to me through all of that. The young lady was good calling me back. If I left a message they would call me back and give me alternatives on how it could be dealt with. They did alright and I appreciate what they did. They should follow-up more often because the service was good.

I just called and stopped the service and put it on hold for a while, but I was comfortable enough to stay with them for several months. They helped me and my credit went up a couple of points. However, I would have wanted to see the score go up a little more with their assistance for the fees that went along with it. Also, I would have liked to see them send out more inquiries and getting more information expunged or taken from the account. Sometimes I felt that I didn't get what I expected in return for the money that I paid. But I would still recommend Ovation Credit and tell my friends to at least to check it out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My credit wasn’t where I wanted it to be at, which was at the highest. I was getting married and tried to get my score up. So, I did some research on Ovation Credit and I took my time and talked to a couple of their employees who gave me some really good feedback. I went with them and they tried to work with creditors to get things off like some of my negatives. There were also old things that needed to come off which were already paid but were stuck there. There was a lot of paperwork in the process. A lot of back and forth, and it took some time. They were pretty nice, though, and they told me which ones needed to come off and which ones needed to stay. They gave me what I need to do step by step in order to get my credit better.

The payment was pretty flexible and was really reasonable too. With Ovation, I saw a lot of differences in my credit, and I got to purchase a lot more things. I just bought a new car and a new truck. It worked out and it was a pretty good experience. When my credit was again better, I didn’t need their services anymore. Ovation Credit is an excellent company and I would recommend it. They're very knowledgeable and very hands on. They’re worth it and I'd tell others to go check them out, talk to somebody and see what they need to get done.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The credit bureaus had a few discrepancies in reporting my data. I wanted to ensure that they were accurately reporting it, and correct any deficiencies in the report. I got an account from Ovation Credit's website and got assigned to a case manager. I provided the information they needed, and they generated their paperwork and letters. Their reps were readily accessible and if they didn’t answer me, they returned phone calls within 24 hours. They were also very prompt, and I like their professionalism and the attention to detail. They were also very flexible on the payment plan and the services were based on “as needed” basis. So, as soon as we got to a point where I couldn’t do anymore, I parted ways with their service. They were able to remove the discrepancies and got the report updated so I was able to refinance a few accounts that I had with a favorable rate. I would recommend Ovation.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Ovation told me that that company I was with before them was a fraud and that they're better. I was also seeing some of the email information and I said okay. Normally, if I’m with a company, I tend to stay if they’re doing good. But I must’ve been in a weak moment and I fell for the hype. I let Ovation suck me into coming over and it wasn't what I thought it would be. I figured they need a month or two to get into a swing of things but after about the fifth or sixth month, I didn’t see any progress.

I didn't feel like they were doing enough compared to what would have happened prior to them reaching out and convincing me to come with them. I've seen way more movement from the other company where every time I would check once a month, there were either three or four things improving. I held on for a few months and after the timeframe I thought that Ovation should have transpired, I finished out that month with them, thanked them and told them I didn’t want to renew.

But the case manager was very responsive. I hear from them at least twice a week, if not more, via email. They always say to feel free to call them if I have any questions. But I didn’t have questions because they answer all the questions upfront for the most part and when I had, I’d get answered in one of those emails I get during the week. So, it was not like the people were nasty or rude. It’s just that I didn’t see any movement in the direction I wanted to go versus what I had saw when I first decided to get help with getting negative stuff off my credit.

What I should’ve done was see where I was and do what I always do, if a company is doing right by me, then stay loyal. I grant it that they offered a lower price and in today’s economy, if you can save a buck here and there, it all adds up. But I didn’t think the savings was worth not seeing any forward movement. I should’ve stayed where I was. The bottom line was that they weren't bad or negative but this experience of me going against what I knew soured me on the entire “fix your credit” type company. I didn’t go back to the one that I was with. I left it alone and I’ll figure it out on my own. I probably could have done it anyway but I thought it might be a whole lot off my plate, easier and faster for people who knew what letter to send, what to respond, what to say back and what to ask for.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I had a few dings on my credit report that I needed repaired. I saw Ovation Credit's website and it was very professional and it looks very clean, so I thought that would be reflective of my experience. Aside from credit repair, I also had them do negotiation of payments for me. I sent them copies of my credit report and they sent me the letters that they were sending on my behalf to the credit firms.

The first credit analyst that I had was very informative and very helpful, but the second agent was very hard to get a hold of. The third was helpful, too, but I had the same problem with trying to correspond through e-mail. I would call. At one point my e-mails would be bouncing back whenever I would reply when they needed information from me. And so, I’d always had trouble getting in contact and trying to get them the information on time. There would also be times I’d leave a voice mail when I couldn’t get connected through e-mail and I would not hear back for three or four days. But that was my only issue the last few months.

As for the payment plan, they pretty much were sending me any updates any time I would get a report directly from any of the three credit reporting agencies. I would let them know and they would indicate to me how any negotiation process was happening. After they would be successful or if they needed anything else, they would let me know and I would see the results directly through the credit reporting agencies. Ovation Credit has definitely helped my credit a lot. I went up over 120 points by the time I ended the program. I would recommend Ovation Credit to a friend who needs their services.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Their credit analysts were very nice and acted like they’re gonna help my credit get raised within a certain amount of months. I gave them six months and longer, but my credit was never raised and they didn’t get anything removed. Don't waste your time with Ovation Credit.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I needed to get my credit fixed and I was looking for the best way to do it. I saw an ad and chose Ovation. It was great, they helped me fix a lot of things and get back on my feet. The credit analyst whom I spoke with explained everything perfectly and I understood it and got right into it. They worked on it for several months and then I was doing good so I put them on hold for a couple of months to make sure everything goes well. When it was done, I called them up and said that I'm good to go and they said, “Okay". Service quality was real good and the cost wasn't that bad. I got a lot done especially right at the beginning. I was getting all kinds of reports on what was being corrected and what were challenging. And they kept sending me a regular running tally of what was going on. So if someone needs it, Ovation was the company I used and that's the one they should use.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Ovation Credit got a few things taken off my credit report. They were able to help me out and help improve my credit score a little bit. And then I felt that I didn’t need to continue on with it at this point in time.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The services that Ovation offered were fine and it worked as intended. However, I wasn't able to benefit much from it. But everyone's nice and informative as far as the interaction with the people. They did all the things that they were supposed to do. I would recommend doing it if a person is in a situation where he can benefit from their services. Ovation's easy enough to work with and it’s not that expensive. As long as the person's not in a hurry, the months can go by and he can dispute things and wind up getting taken off and then clear the credit reports up.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I had been with another company for a while and I wasn't getting the results that I deserved from the money I was paying. Then Ovation Credit offered me something better doing the same thing. I gave them the information, then they contacted every credit bureau and the agencies and they got the contacts. It was helpful that it was all arranged and the payment plan was reasonable.

I was able to reach the same person every time I called and I was pleased with that. He was kind, considerate, and knowledgeable. I was comfortable working with him and I enjoyed the attention that I got. Ovation Credit did what they could to get things dissolved. It's just that the last few items were difficult to remove. But my credit improved and I appreciate their efforts. I was able to get a few credit cards and I'm working on them and keeping them in good standing. I was with Ovation for a few extra months but I stopped since my finances were improving and I figured I needed to save money. I will recommend them.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Ovation Credit is not a good credit repair service. I was with them for about four months. But then I switched to Lexington Law because Ovation didn’t clear all the stuff that they said they’re gonna clear off my credit report, and it's still there. Also, they weren't following up and when I called the person that’s doing my credit report, she wasn’t calling me back.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I did a lot of research on the internet and it looked like there were a lot of people that had some great experiences with Ovation Credit so I gave them a shot. You gotta have all your paperwork organized and when it’s all organized, all done and you’re ready, then that would be fine to give them a call. The credit analyst herself was actually good. She answered all my questions, called me back and helped out. What was disappointing though wasn’t the service that they offer but the way the credit bureaus run. They pretty much have a monopoly and they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, regardless of providing them paperwork that says contrary.

If you get a good credit bureau, you’re on it, but if you get someone that’s new or has a big ego, then that’s the problem. Ultimately, that’s the real frustration when you’re trying to clean up some issues with credit. I wish somebody could do something about those credit bureaus. As for Ovation, they did a good job and I am happy with what they accomplished for the money that I paid. They’re helpful and are reasonably priced compared to a lot of the others.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Ovation Credit looked at my credit reports and they made some inquiries on my behalf but I stopped dealing with them due to the excessive amount of time to get things done. Based on the monthly charge, the more time it takes, the more money it should be. Other than that, their staff had been reasonable and my credit went up a little bit.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I went on the internet and I started researching and then Ovation Credit Services popped up. I called them and I spoke to the credit analyst. She told me how the program worked. She broke everything down like the process and how long it's going to take. She told me everything and she did exactly what she told me. I like that she kept her word and that the company did what they told me they were going to do. When it comes to cost, I don't pay attention to that. I just want to see the end result but it was fair. I had a set up with them that they would just take the payment right out of my account.

Working with them helped me a lot. I worked with them for about nine months and I just moved in to my house about four months ago. I also got my car. They had a hard time trying to get the lien from the tax up but it was understandable because it was a part of the bracket. I had a letter of satisfaction from the IRS stating that I don't owe them money, which was a mistake that they made, but they're still on my credit. But, I have some stuff that was there for a long time and Ovation got it off. I recommend anybody over there.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I had a lot of stuff on my credit that put me in a bad fight so I turned to Ovation for assistance. But it actually opened up more problems than it was really worth. People who had left me alone for years and have forgiven me of debt in the past, all of a sudden started coming back. I was trying to get those final items off and all of a sudden more stuff started piling on. It's like I opened up a wormhole and I'll never do that again. I'll probably have better luck seeking an attorney, literally someone who specializes in law on that end. They can hold the creditors more accountable and put their feet under the fire. If I do it next time, that's the route I'll go. It will cost about three times more but honestly to me, it will be worth it.

People at Ovation were splendid, very polite, professional and friendly but the overall experience of negative outweighs the positive. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. The process just stinks. I'm finished and definitely through.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I wanted to get my credit more in order to get my points up. I filled out something online and it directed me to Ovation Credit. They sent letters to the credit bureau to look at my credit score and challenged certain things that were still on my credit report that should be taken off. The credit analysts from Ovation Credit were courteous enough, but as far as telling me what to do, they didn't tell me too much other than send them some paperwork and if I got anything from the credit bureau, to send it back to them. I felt that there was something that should have been done but they didn’t do it. So, it got to a point where they were only a monitoring service rather than helping me to look at what we needed to be working on to get certain things done.

I was looking for a more hands on, walk-with-me service. I wanted them to tell me certain things that I need to do. That went on for about eight months. Then I told myself that I can send the letters to the credit bureau myself and terminated the service. The program costs more than what I got for the service. It started out kinda high though they dropped it for a month. I was trying to build my credit and they just sent a few letters and that was pretty much it. My credit score was low but now it’s lower.

Original review: May 9, 2017

My husband already tried Ovation Credit Services so when I needed credit repair, I sought their assistance. It was a very good experience and it helped a lot. They responded in a timely manner, communication was well and the analyst answered any questions I had. Also, they offered guidance throughout the process. I have fixed my credit score. It went up and it helped me jumpstart in trying to build credit now.

Ovation Credit Services questions and answers

What problem is Ovation Credit Services trying to solve?
At Ovation Credit Services our goal is to educate and assist consumers with understanding and correcting their credit profile as to unlock their full credit potential. Ovation Credit Services works with credit bureaus and creditors to resolve issues with consumer’s credit reports. We work directly with the credit bureaus and in some cases directly with creditors to make sure any information that is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent or unverifiable is either updated or removed from a consumer's credit reports.
What sets Ovation Credit Services apart from the competition?
Ovation Credit Services has been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating since 2004 and very few complaints have ever been filed, unlike many of our competitors. We offer digital disputing with Equifax and TransUnion which usually allows for much faster responses from the bureaus in many cases. We also offer each client their own dedicated Case Advisor. This advisor will be there to support the client through each step of the disputing process and make sure they understand what is happening on their case and answer all of their questions. We also have an Online Education Center. It isn't enough for us to help our clients improve their credit profiles, we also strive to educate them on how to rebuild and maximize their credit scores moving forward so that they can reach their financial goals.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Disputing errors on your credit reports can be time consuming and very frustrating. It can be difficult to get results unless you understand how to combat inaccuracies and misleading information that is hurting your credit profile. Ovation Credit Services understands how the bureaus work and we are highly successful at getting even the most challenging types of accounts updated or removed from your report. We have had success with late payments, collection accounts, charge-offs, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, medical bills, fraudulent accounts and foreclosures/short-sales.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about Ovation Credit Services?
Many consumers confuse credit repair with Debt Management. These are two completely different industries. In many cases, if a consumer signs up for a debt management program – one that a company reduces interest, late fees, penalties, etc. and you only pay them each month instead of sending payments directly to the creditor – this usually further destroys a person's credit score. These programs would be an alternative to bankruptcy, but consumers will still have to endure the aftermath of very poor credit, even when creditors have been paid off.
How does Ovation Credit Services measure success?
Ovation Credit Services measures success by the number of satisfied clients we have. No credit repair company can ever guarantee to “wipe all your credit clean”, but we have an average of 19 accounts per client that we are able to update or delete from their credit profile. That is significant success! It is also a sign of success when a client refers friends and family. Many of our new clients come to us because we have done a great job for someone they know.
What are Ovation Credit Services values?
Ovation Credit Services has great pride in the high standard we set for ourselves with our clients. We are not like many companies that will sign a person up for service just because they ask for it. If we do not believe we can help a client and set proper expectations for our success, then we will tell a client that we are not the best fit to meet their needs. We will not sign up a client that just filed bankruptcy last month, because that client is not going to see the same level of success as someone that had their bankruptcy discharged over a year ago. We will not sign up a client that is expecting to close on a mortgage in 30 days with the expectation that we will increase their score from 550 to 700. This type of score increase is very possible, but it will take time to get there.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Ovation Credit Services?
We are here to help! We will answer your questions and guide you through the process to make sure that you not only understand what we are doing but you are a wiser individual when it comes to credit and your personal credit situation.
What are the most common misconceptions consumers have about your industry?
That credit repair is a scam. While there are some companies that are not completely honest or legitimate our A+ BBB rating and stellar reviews online always help clients with reservations about our service feel more at ease.
What is the greatest obstacle your company is currently trying to overcome?
First, the industry perception that credit repair is not legitimate. Second, that credit can be repaired overnight or with a simple “letter to the bureau”. We can see results within the first month but in some cases we have multiple items or situations that take longer to update or remove.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The nation as a whole has just survived a major economic recession and many consumers fell victim to predatory lending practices, layoffs and the market crash. We have also seen a sharp increase in the number of identity theft cases in the US. Ten years ago, a consumer would not think twice about going online and filling out information that included their name, address, social security number and providing a credit card for payment processing. Today, consumers are much more savvy about protecting their personal information. They want to speak with a person to ask questions about the company and fortunately they are protecting their personal identity more, but in turn, it has increased the number of people we need to handle the influx of calls and emails required to earn a client's trust.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Technology will continue to play an ever increasing important role in the credit and credit repair industry. We are going to have to find new ways to protect our identity and to help those that fall victim to identity theft. We anticipate that even the disputing process will become more automated and streamlined over the next 5-10 years.
How has Ovation Credit Services grown or evolved?
Over the past 2 years we have seen over 100% growth in our company. We have built strong partnerships with a number of national companies that recognize our abilities to help their clients get approved when struggling to get the financing they are seeking. Consumers are also educating themselves more on the importance of having a good credit profile and seeking help.
How do you see Ovation Credit Services growing or evolving in the future?
We will continue to evolve and expand our products and services to support the complex needs of our clients and educate them on how to maximize credit to make it work for them and allow them to reach their financial goals.
Do you have any advice or comments for your current and/or potential customers?
Credit can affect many aspects of your life. Not just when buying a car or the interest rate on your house but insurance companies and even potential employers rely on credit to evaluate you. Some of the credit issues you have may be self inflicted but, in many cases we find that bad reporting/errors are to blame. Our credit consultation is completely free and we will be happy to review with you so you understand exactly what is affecting you and how we may be able to help. Bad credit is difficult to live with but by choosing our service you can have an opportunity to get a fresh start and build the credit rating you deserve.

Credit is an area that what you don't know CAN hurt you. We send our children through 12+ years of school but we don't do a good job of teaching them about making good financial decisions and how to use credit to their advantage or how to avoid the pitfalls of bad credit. In many cases consumers have already seriously damaged their credit before they are even out of college and many then spend a lifetime trying to overcome the high costs and challenges that come with bad credit.

Ovation Credit Services Company Information