4.8/5 (1529 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

National Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2016

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

National Debt Relief took a lot of stress out of my life. I was getting too far behind and knew I needed help but everybody was very nice and willing to talk to me through anything I didn’t understand.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

National Debt Relief started negotiating with me rather quickly. They told me that it could take 120 days or more but they actually started doing it within 30 days. It's excellent that the person that I was dealing with when I opened my account called me right back when I needed him to. They also made me feel comfortable. I was very stressed and about to close the account but even with the first two payments I already started, two accounts have been negotiated so far. They were detailed in their information, too. Reading their website was really easy, and so was the online log-in. I can check exactly what's going on with my account. Everything was quite fast with National Debt Relief.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I'd recommend National Debt Relief. They’ve been nothing short of spectacular. And it was nice that the first couple of settlements came real quick.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

They have done a great job for me in resolving my debt. Due to severe illness I fell way behind, and they truly went to bat for me!!! Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I have had a major struggle to deal with and unusual extra circumstances. Although I might have been able to deal with every creditor myself, National Debt Relief takes that burden off of your plate to free you up to move on to other things in your life and they get results. The creditors stop calling or writing directly to you eventually -- a major relief (although I also suggest paying the small extra fee for the contingency legal support if needed). I have seen some complaints about their fee structure, but as a self-employed person at different times, I think the fees are reasonable for the time they have to spend on the phone talking to creditors & even with my questions at times. The staff is always very courteous with me & always understanding when I run into unexpected complications that they have to address.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I couldn't do debt relief on my own so this pushed me to look for relief help. I went with National Debt Relief and working with them raised my credit score a little bit. I also appreciate their team's pleasantries and niceness. Parroting back everything and saying "How can I help you?" repeatedly is what one has to do in customer service, but what National Debt Relief team did was a little over redundant. So, I would suggest them to have a little wiggle room to be themselves but still offer the niceness and pleasantries to the customer.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

This program has saved my life. I felt like I was being drowned in debt. I searched online for resources and came across this program. It's been a blessing and I highly highly recommend this program. Thank you so much for everything that you do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I needed other options since my pay wasn't covering what I owed in debt. The team at National Debt Relief has been very pleasant. Right now, I'm waiting to build up some money in the accounts so that they can pay off some of the debt. They've been very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I was taking out more than I was taking in so I got relief help and the people at National Debt Relief have been working very hard for me. They've been very kind and have answered all my questions so far. Working with them has calmed me down.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

National Debt Relief representatives are compassionate, courteous, and reliable. They answered all of my questions and concerns in a timely manner, and called me with any updates. I would definitely recommend National Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I got laid off from my previous job and had to take a $26,000 pay cut to get another one. I was living on credit and was never gonna catch up. It was ridiculous, but National Debt Relief had made three deals to settle, so far. Their people have been very courteous and helpful. I like the company and would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I was investigating about bankruptcy and a lot of different options and advice on it. Then I ran across some posts on people as to how they got out of trouble and they mentioned National Debt Relief. They said these people are highly rated, quality company, reputable and that encouraged me to call them. I did an online form on email and I got a response back the next day if not sooner, maybe even the same day. There was someone who seemed very confident, encouraging and sympathetic telling me I've done the right thing. It was amazing to me how quick and competent the person was who gave me that call. It was a hard sales pitch, but on the other hand it made me feel supported and comfortable that somebody was saying I made the right choice. I was advised of the technical reasons why I made the right choice and that trying to pay off used credit cards fully over a long period of time is probably not the best option for my situation.

Working with National Debt Relief saved me time and has made life easier. I still don't know how the outcome is going to be. I'm expecting I can get hauled into court, but I'm not too worried about it. I feel like it's basically taken a burden off of me because before I was not able to keep up with my credit card payments. It was definitely getting worse and so instead I wrote all these letters to all my creditors. I explained what was going on and it seemed like there's been a general acceptance by the creditors but they tried to discouraged me. Some of them did because they didn't want that option, but it seems like most of them even the ones that are hardest to deal with eventually accepted it and so far no problems. So I think it's going to work out.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

I was trying to get back on track of my debt. I called National Debt Relief to see if they could help me. My experience has been nothing but positive and they helped me get out of debt.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I wanted to improve my credit for the purposes of buying a home in a couple of years and my experience with National Debt Relief has been great. They are courteous and very helpful. They are helping me with my credit.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

Me and my husband's finances change so I looked into debt relief. I talked to a couple of staff from National Debt Relief and they gave me an update. They were doing really well but I haven’t heard in the last two months. I was just about to call them and ask for some updates on what we are waiting on because I haven’t had one and I did not like that. So far, I have not seen a big change but I'm giving it a few more months. Also, just a suggestion on how they could be better. They should call at least once a month to see if we have questions or if everything looks good even if there's no activity going on on a personal account.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

My life was a mess and I was trying to pay off my debts without filing bankruptcy, which I don't have the money to do anyway. So, I sought the help of National Debt Relief. We've got a long way to go but their reps were courteous.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

My wife and I were very interested in finding something and then I heard about debt relief through the radio on the same day so it was telling me to do it. National Debt Relief's response is amazing. They made us feel like we've been friends for so many years. They made us feel so comfortable. With my questions, I never had any doubts of any answer they gave me. It's been really solid. While working with them, it's been great. It's been more of breathtaking, more experience and less stress on my shoulders. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that if something were to happen I have National Debt to cover my end. I'm really happy every time and I love them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

National Debt Relief consolidated all my bills and it was a big help. They were very friendly and they helped me every time I called.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

We've had to move three times in the past year because of untrustworthy landlords and my husband has health problems. We're supposed to be on Champ, but Champ has been giving us a lot of issues and we got really behind. But the people at National have been really helpful. They said, "Just tell us your debtor and we'll see what we could do to work with you." They're very informed about what's going on and very informative. They know what they're doing and they're very smart. Every time I call in, they all knew exactly how to answer my questions. They're also very polite that they didn't make me feel like I was a bad person for being in debt and that was really helpful. Everything that I've sent into them, I've already got three offers and it's running very smoothly. I've gone through bankruptcy and this is a lot easier than going through bankruptcy. We just got back up and I feel a lot more relieved.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I was going through a divorce and National Debt was recommended to me as part of the divorce. Everybody's been very pleasant and helpful. National Debt has helped me get rid of some of the debt that I took on in my divorce. It's been a year, and still ongoing. For the most part, it's been a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

We had just moved to Washington. We knew we were in debt and that if we don't get out of this hole, it's going to get bigger. And we knew that if we didn't do it now, we're never going to do it ever. So my husband and I decided to look into something that wouldn't hurt our credit where we wouldn't have to declare bankruptcy and they would help us get out of this big, humongous hole, especially since we have the kids. We looked into National Debt Relief and they were perfect. So far, they've met everything that they've promised us. I'm very satisfied.

The best thing I like about them is that they ask for my permission for all of the settlements. They're very flexible and I don't have to go over the phone to give them permission. I could email them which is what I use most and it's so much easier. I had this big elephant lifted off of my shoulders because of them and I can live my life a little normal now knowing that they're handling those affairs.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

My debt made me look into relief help and the person I talked to first that set up my account at National Debt Relief was really helpful. We're still early in the process and everybody has been great.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

We wanted to clear up our credit so we could buy a house. We then went with National Debt Relief. Everybody at National has been so positive and very helpful. They were great. They let us know each step of the way and talked us through stuff that we don’t understand, and every time I called and asked a question, they’ve answered it. They’ve done a great job with clearing out our debt. They also did it in a timely manner because we wanted it done quickly. It started four months ago, and we only have one thing left and then we're done.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I'm at the point now where I want to return my credit and I've struggled with that for several years ever since my divorce and I wanted to get it taken care of. And with the downtime in the economy, I was unable to make the wages that I may pay this thing. So, I needed help resolving some of my debt. I went with National Debt Relief and their team members have all been very helpful and always answered questions. They've been quick to get back to me with answers and they've been good to work with. They've been very upfront about everything and made sure that they keep in contact, either via phone or email and both.

They've got some resolution with a few of my different accounts but they explained that process. And if they knock out the different accounts, then they move on to the others. We're still in the process of taking care of the early ones. So, right now, not a lot has changed. But I learned to budget better. I still have outstanding balance but I'm making payments to get that taken care of. I've been pleased so far with what National Debt Relief has done. It's easy for me to work them and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I was having a tough time last year and then a friend of mine told me about National Debt Relief. The team has been excellent. They were courteous and was able to answer any of our questions. My husband was out of work and fell behind on everything, so with National Debt Relief, I don't have to worry as much.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I'm massively in debt. It was taking me way too long to get out of it and there are too many people harassing me for unusual circumstances. I then looked into relief help and went with National Debt Relief. Everybody I've talked to has been courteous. It hasn't been long since I've started with them, but I'm expecting to be debt-free from working with them. My experience with them has been wonderful so far. I'd recommend it to any and everybody.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

My job wasn't panning out the way I expected it to and I wasn't able to afford my bills so I had to get relief help. So far, everyone that I've talked to at National Debt Relief has been fantastic and as nice as he/she could be. They were really helpful in guiding, explaining and walking me through how it was all gonna work.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I looked up National Debt Relief online. Their team were always very thorough in their service. I'm finished with them at this point but they made our life much better. I'd suggest this company to anybody that is as underwater as we were.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

My husband has a lot of debt and we found National Debt Relief on the internet. It’s been good so far. We do like it because we want to get rid of everything and start fresh in our credit.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I was overwhelmed with bills and National Debt Relief has helped me a lot. They have always been very good and thorough from the first time I called them. It's a good thing not having to worry about all the debt, just give them the money, and let them handle everything. It has helped me to be able to work more.

National Debt Relief Company Information