4.8/5 (1458 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

National Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2016

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: June 26, 2016

The reviews we read online and how National Debt Relief helped everyone that applied for it made me seek their help. Their people were very professional. They explained everything and broke it down in laymen's terms. We had a lot of junk debt that we cleaned up and everything worked as National Debt said it would. Any time something happens, they're on the phone with us to let us know. It's been a pleasant experience working with them. I have recommended them to family members, they have enrolled in a program and everything is working for them as well.

Original review: June 21, 2016

My son died unexpectedly and the cost of his funeral and bringing him back from California was more than my budget can handle. I looked for relief help and got a contact from a company, but when I went online to review them, I didn't like what I saw. Then I saw National Debt Relief, did some research on them and liked what I saw. Some of their staff were over enthusiastic but other than that, they were very effective in what they're doing. I'm still dealing with the debt but National Debt Relief made it easier for me to cope. They helped and I'm glad.

Original review: June 9, 2016

I needed debt relief so I looked for help. National Debt Relief's okay but sometimes I would call and say, “When will I be up and I don’t have to pay anymore?” They would say, “Through December 2017”. Then I call another time and they’d say "Through September 2016." This last time I called, they said that I would be done July 2016. They were not telling me exactly when the program would be over and when I have paid but I think I'm one payment away from paying it off and getting it done. That’s the only complaint I have. The rest of the time, they were very helpful to me.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I was in a serious relationship to get married and did not want to bring it up into debt, so I wanted to try and start getting on the right foot with getting rid of the debt and the credit cards. The National Debt's team have been wonderful - they worked with me really well, answered all of my questions and were very understanding. They have worked with a lot of my credit card companies and have lowered a lot of my overall pay. The payments I make right now monthly are less than what I would have had to pay minimum with all my cards combined. Plus, they reduce the months where I can't pay as much and add them to the end of the program.

Original review: June 1, 2016

I read a few personal reviews from people and they had a great experience with National Debt Relief. They've helped me and my family take control of our debt and get our credit score up. And they negotiated like crazy for me and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They got creditors to come down to an amount that I never would even try to negotiate myself, and if I did, there's no way I could have done as well as they did. Almost everything that was in their wheelhouse is paid off so I have until August 24th as my last payment and I'm excited about it. My credit score is hundreds of points higher than it was and we've almost cancelled out all of my old debt. I only have healthy debt now, in fact, I'm sitting in a car dealership right now looking to buy a car. They did great and the customer service representatives that I dealt with were helpful and personable. It's definitely a company that I'd recommend to a friend.

Original review: May 31, 2016

It was my first time in this situation so I figured the only way to take care of it is to have a professional company come in and do what they do so I looked into getting some help and used National Debt Relief. I have all positive interactions with their reps although sometimes I will ask a question and they cannot answer me. We’re down to the end of the program and I asked them when they foresee my last payment because out of the five accounts, we settled the three. We have two that we’re paying off. One’s telling me August, then the other one’s telling me November, and the other one’s telling me January of 2017. I told them that I have a payment schedule for the end of August. I don’t see why we’re talking November and January and that’s the only thing I’m a little bit confused about. I was planning to call and speak to a supervisor. But other than that, they’ve been wonderful.

Original review: May 29, 2016

National Debt Relief has been good, so far. I was getting overwhelmed by the amount of debt I had, but now it's less stressful because nobody is calling to bother me. They're consistent and call me whenever something changes or when they need my approval and now we're about halfway done. I would recommend them if somebody was in the same situation as I am.

Original review: May 28, 2016

I saw National Debt Relief in passing online at one point and I was working on paying off my credit cards myself. Things got out of hand, so I contacted them. They were really helpful and always willing to answer my questions. They talked me through things and were very detailed in their explanations. They made sure that I was comfortable and had my questions answered before hanging up. Overall, everything was positive. National Debt Relief helped me get out of a pretty rough patch. Although it's tricky to have my credit plummet for a little while because I can't make payments on my account for about three months before they start negotiating, at least I'm able to make a comeback now.

Original review: May 24, 2016

I was going through some troubles. I looked up online and was looking at some of the ratings and stuff to see what all the people were saying and it seemed like National Debt Relief's was good. Their reps have all been good. If I ask them something, they break it down in detail for me. National Debt Relief has settled four of my accounts since last August and I'm glad they are knocking them down for me. There's stuff I wasn't able to pay but they got it down and it didn't take them long. I can straighten my credit back out. It's going to take a little time but they're working on it for me. I would recommend National Debt Relief.

Original review: May 17, 2016

National Debt Relief's service was great. The representatives were always pleasant. My program has been done for about a year and a half now but I'm still dealing with it. There was one account that was lingering. I had to find some papers for an attorney so they could take care of that last file I have over there. One of the hassles that I didn't like about it was I'll get one account power of attorney then two months later, they want another one. I suggest that they get all that preliminary stuff done right off the bat. My credit wasn't bad when I started the program. I really wasn't aware of how it would go and it really tarnished my credit instead of fixing it. But they were upfront with me about that to begin with so I can't really blame National Debt Relief for that. But their service worked out for me eventually.

Original review: May 14, 2016

My fiancé had been diagnosed with cancer and I couldn’t pay all the bills by myself. I have been doing some research and stumbled upon National Debt Relief. I read their reviews, and I decided to go with them. Their representatives have all been very pleasant. I had my credit ruined but sometimes I got to do what I got to do. They helped with my credit card and that’s a good thing.

Original review: May 12, 2016

My wife and I had some debts that occurred while I was unemployed so we wanted to consolidate our debt and make one monthly payment. We got with National Debt Relief and everything was great. They called and helped us out and made sure that we understood the program before we sign any binding paperwork. We’ve been in the program for less than a year and I have no problem with them. We now make one payment for all our debts.

Original review: May 10, 2016

I have a lot of debt and I know that I needed to get help sooner or later. I searched online and National Debt Relief had a lot of good reviews so I picked them. Their representatives are super friendly, courteous, and professional. They really respect me when they talk to me and always make sure that I got all the information that I need. They made the whole experience easy. I'm happy with them. I just paid off my last credit card and it's a good relief knowing that I'll be done with all these debts soon.

Original review: May 9, 2016

I am trying to get everything where it's supposed to be at through debt relief assistance. National Debt Relief is handling a lot of my stuff and everybody that I talked to was on point and helped out a lot.

Original review: May 7, 2016

My ex left me with a couple thousand dollars in debt. I went to National Debt Relief and they have been absolutely amazing. Each customer service rep that I worked with was very kind, understanding, and willing to answer all my questions. Return phone calls were also made in a timely manner. I have been working with them for almost a year and everyone that I worked with was absolutely phenomenal. A lot of people have a hard time talking or dealing with debt situations but they definitely made me feel at ease with everything that I said to them. Working with them has made me completely debt-free, and I was able to close on my house on May 1st. I couldn’t be happier.

Original review: May 6, 2016

I went into debt relief assistance before my debt got worse. Working with National Debt Relief takes the stress away from a lot of stuff and I don’t have to worry about it. Positive, helpful, stress-relieving and even mind summarize my experience with them.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I went online and was doing research, and National Debt Relief had the best rating for customer service. The reps at National Debt are very professional, courteous, and always very helpful. It took a lot of stress off of me when I worked with National Debt. It's helped me save a ton of money, and I'm a lot closer than I was from being debt-free.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I didn't want to go into bankruptcy and wanted to pay my debt in a quicker way with less interest. The reps of National Debt Relief have always been very helpful and I'm very pleased with the service that they have provided. I'm getting very close to paying off my debt - I'm about six months away. So far, so good.

Original review: May 1, 2016

My husband and I were involved in an automobile accident, and we both were injured bad to where we got really behind on our credit cards. We didn’t have any choice and we had to have some help so we reached out to National Debt Relief. Their reps were very, very helpful and courteous. They went above and beyond to help us. Working with them gave us peace of mind more than anything. It's been over two and half years now and we're still involved in a lawsuit. We're still fighting with the people that ran into us so we're still in a bad way but National understand that it's out of our control at this point, and they’ve worked with our creditors. They’ve been very understanding and worked with us very well.

Original review: April 30, 2016

I called National Debt Relief and talked to a gentleman who explained all the things to me. However, he never explained the fact that they take a certain percentage out. I wish I would've known that. They are doing what I expected them to do but they’re taking a bigger chunk for themselves than what I anticipated. They did a payment reduction and for their part of doing that, they took out the balance I had in my account, which was $3,000. That was too much. The other complaint is why I have to have so many of my grandson's bills piled on me. A lot of what I'm paying is his instead of mine. They said it was necessary so that's what we're doing.

Original review: April 28, 2016

I wanted to better establish myself so I decided to look into relief help and National Debt Relief has been helpful. I’m almost complete with my program so I can get back on track. My only complaint with them is Global Client Solutions, who takes the payments, because they keep screwing up and not taking my payments when they’re scheduled, saying that there are insufficient funds or it’s a non-transaction account when the money’s been there.

Original review: April 26, 2016

Everybody at National Debt Relief has been treating me good. They have helped me out tremendously.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I was in an $8000 debt and wanted to start paying it off so that I could be debt free and start focusing on building my credit. National Debt Relief has been really helpful whenever I need any assistance or information on anything. They're very helpful with discussing settlements with the company and they'd call me whenever they reached something. So far, they’ve gotten me closer to paying off my debt in a reasonable amount of time. In fact, I’m looking at being out of debt by the time I’m 26. They also helped me focus on working on my credit and being able to improve it as opposed to continuing to hurt it.. They’re very understanding and the customer service is fantastic.

Original review: April 20, 2016

I had a couple of little credit issues and I was trying to find a company that can help get those debts resolved especially when trying to buy a house. National Debt Relief was the best one that I've seen that was available and I decided to go with them. At least once a month, they call me to check up on me to see how everything is going and make sure everything is okay. When offers were available, they call me to see what I think about it. I love the interaction that we have. It took a while before they were finally able to get an offer on the table so me and wife were initially concerned in the first five months but so far since then, it's been good. Having a couple of deals in place by them, it brought a smile to me and my wife's face. It's been an awesome experience.

Original review: April 14, 2016

We were drowning so I have to get a relief help. The debt relief has been really easy. They pretty much did everything for me as soon as we decided which ones that we needed help on. The gentleman who was getting the process started was very helpful, went over everything with me, and made sure everything was understood. Plus, he remained in email contact for a while until they got the ball rolling. National Debt Relief allowed us some financial freedom. Although we still get calls constantly from one of the credit cards that's supposed to be part of the National Debt Relief program and I'm still getting their bills, National Debt Relief has resolved all the other debts so quickly. So we're just waiting on that final debt problem.

Original review: April 11, 2016

We were having problems with making payment on our bills. I was trying to pay them down and we weren't getting anywhere with the minimum payment, so we decided to look into relief help from National Debt Relief. They were courteous and were able to answer all of our questions, and the services they were able to provide has been good so far. My wife and I are really happy with them.

Original review: April 9, 2016

So far, everyone at National Debt Relief has been very friendly. All my questions have been answered, if not right away, then shortly after I asked. Working with them makes things a little bit easier and takes a little stress off my plate. Everything has been working good so far.

Original review: April 7, 2016

The reps I've dealt with at National Debt Relief have been great. From the first time I called, I felt like they had my best interest in their mind. They worked hard to get me set up on manageable payments to get my debt satisfied. They've been really good to work with. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 5, 2016

I needed a lot of help with debt relief, and my friend told me about National Debt Relief. So, I called them, and they were friendly, explained to me, and I had no problems. They're good, and I have recommended them to all of my friends.

Original review: April 3, 2016

I was drowning in credit card debt so I searched on the internet for debt relief companies. National Debt Relief was the first one that came up and my experience with them has been fine. Their representatives were always courteous and able to answer all my questions. It's been expensive working with them and it would've been even more expensive had I not put it into their program where it could be consolidated. Now I'm ready for the whole thing to be over with.

National Debt Relief Company Information