4.8/5 (1455 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

National Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2016

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I have one income coming in because my husband is not with us right now. I looked into reviews and found that National Debt Relief's were positive ones. Their team has been courteous and very helpful. When I had questions, they answered them in detail. They were very clear and they made me understand what the program is about, how it works, how the payments will be, and when I will be done. They’re understanding and easy to talk to. When I call, I don’t have to wait long, or if they call me back, they call in a timely manner. Also, the payments have been affordable. The first year was tough, but I’m going into my second year and I’ve gotten used to that money being withdrawn from my account. It’s so affordable it still leaves me with plenty to work with.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I had 8 debts that I had to resolve when I started with debt management. National Debt Relief has been excellent. They’re prompt, they answer my questions and they took care of a lot of the problems that I had. They always call at the very right moment when I was a little down and they pick you up. They're super friendly and it's like talking to a family member. I have one more debt that I had to consolidate so, I’m very happy. I’m very satisfied with them from day one that I signed up. I have recommended National Debt Relief to friends.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I had the original contract with National Debt Relief set up to pay off within 48 months or sooner at a set rate. I was talked into it and it seemed like a good thing. Then all of a sudden they wanted to make a quicker pay-off. I had to increase the amount of withdrawal which I didn’t expect but I agreed to it to take care of one of the accounts. For the first few months, I was getting regular phone calls - at least once or twice a month just to check in and make sure everything was going okay. They gave me updates on the status with the various debts back then. But in the last two or three months, it seems like it’s reversed. I have to call them to ask them what the status is.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

National Debt Relief helped me out tremendously though the program that I have with them is still a work in progress. Whenever I called, their reps were friendly and able to answer my questions. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I was in debt, and wanted to try and get myself out of it. The guidance from National Debt Relief is pretty good, and their team tries to answer my questions. However, I'm still waiting for them to call me back on a question I had two months ago about one of my debts. It seems like they're working on everything else but the ones that I'm concerned about. Besides getting phone calls from the credit card companies and the creditors, working with National Debt Relief is fine.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I have debt and my girlfriend looked up National Debt Relief online. My interactions with them have been all good. I never had any negative experiences. I've paid a couple of things off but hasn't been anything major yet.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I piled on a lot of credit card debt so I needed to relieve that. National Debt Relief has been fantastic, both on the phone and through email. They have been very helpful and very polite all the time. I'm not scared to answer my phone for random number anymore 'cause it's not gonna be someone asking me for money. The payment plan is automatic payment and when they get an offer to relieve a certain card, I can just do over email so I don't have to call all the time and it's very convenient and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was financially drowning, barely staying above water in the payment that I was making, and my credit cards were minimum payment. But then, when I wouldn't make the good payment, I would turn around and use my credit card again. I was borrowing down about to half, and I didn't think my credit cards were ever going to get paid. National Debt Relief has taken a huge weight off my shoulders as far as the debts that I owe. They've been really patient, considerate, took the time to explain things to me, and contacted me really quickly when they get a settlement offer. Plus, the team have handled everything really well. I have recommended National Debt to friends.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was looking to clear my credit so I researched and started comparing different types of debt relief agencies. I found that National Debt Relief's website was detailed in terms of what is expected of us and what they do. We did everything online and they’ve been very helpful. They sent me the information, told me what is expected of me and how long it takes. Every time they will get one of my creditors, they'd tell me how we’re going to pay them with the money in my deposit and they'll ask me if we can do it. It's fantastic because they’re letting me know what they’re paying. They're really top-notch and very efficient. In fact, they have raised my credit score and they have cleared most of my credit. I’ve now been able to apply for credit and it has gone through very smoothly. I am very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was paying a lot of money on credit card debt and the payments I was making wasn't putting a dent in the balance because it was just the interest. A woman had come to my house to do a free financial analysis and she recommended National Debt Relief. Their team has been extremely helpful and easy to get a hold of. I've never had to wait long when I called in. Working with them has made me a lot less stressed since I'm not worried about creditors anymore. It's also saved me a lot of money. One of my accounts had a balance of $900 on it and they negotiated some of it. Overall it's been a really good experience. I've been with National Debt Relief for almost a year and two out of the six accounts have already been settled.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was never going to get out of debt myself and I definitely needed help. I wanted to feel like I was at least trying to pay off some of the debt as opposed to bankruptcy. Also, I'm not good at confrontation myself at all. I needed someone helping me through that process of doing the hard work and National Debt Relief made me feel the most comfortable. Every time I call, they are very friendly, they take the time to look at my account, answer any other questions or bring up things that I may not have paid attention to and support me in the process. I haven't felt like a loser and they always make me feel like I'm doing the right thing for my future.

They call and they say, "We've come to an agreement with your credit card and here's what we need to do." Or, "We can't come to an agreement with your credit card and we're going to have to hire a lawyer. That means nothing to you but we're informing you. We want your permission." I always feel like I'm getting good customer service. Working with them changed my life 100% in a very positive way. It taught me how to live without a credit card, how to live within my means, and how to think about the future differently. It was so easy with National Debt Relief and I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I was way in overhead with my credit card bill. I put in a call and email to one debt relief company but never heard back so I went ahead with the second I contacted which was National Debt Relief. The company is great. I had extremely good communication with their team members. They were very honest and forthcoming when we signed up and let me know upfront what they needed.

Now, all my other bills are paid up and we can breathe and eat. The company serves a wonderful service to the public especially with terrible prices and the way the public is now with debt. They are there to help correct people's mistakes in the best way possible. It's gonna take time to pay off the debt collectors and I wanna get some of them off my butt with their 30 calls a day which is ridiculous but thank God National Debt Relief staff members do their job. I’d recommend National Debt Relief to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

National Debt Relief made it easier for us to feel more at ease with bills that we're gonna pay them. Also, their team was very good and excellent. They helped us out very well. They're professional and I would recommend other people to this service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

We were having some difficulties and so to get back on track, we thought we would need some help of National Debt Relief. So far, we've been really pleased with them. They’ve been nothing but wonderful. They've also been very helpful and energetic. Whenever a milestone has been met or they have some good news, they'll call us and be excited for us. It has been some relief for us.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

National Debt Relief has been a recommendation from somebody. Their staff have done a very good job. They are always friendly and ready to answer all of my questions. We've had two or three major bills been paid off and I received discounts. National has reduced my bills significantly and I can't complain about that. They worked as advertised, and it's been an excellent experience. My only concern is that they don't communicate often, so I never know what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I was looking at alternatives because I didn't want to pursue a bankruptcy option, and National Debt Relief was very informative and truthful. That was the big difference between some of the other firms I have talked to. Once we got through the initial program in terms of getting everything set up, most of my interactions have occurred through the Global Client Solutions who actually manages the payout. Outside of that, anytime I've had to deal with National Debt Relief has been positive. It was an honest and professional experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Every conversation I've had with the reps from National Debt Relief has been positive so far. Working with them has been good and I hope it stays that way because my payments are supposed to end in December.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Everyone at National Debt has been helpful and respectful every time we've had to talk. The very first person who got me enrolled in the program was wonderful. The only thing that's been challenging is working with the creditors to complete things. But apart from that, National Debt has definitely made my life easier.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

When I first signed up with National Debt Relief, there was a lot of confusion and I was getting a lot of calls from different people asking a lot of the same questions when I had already answered those from somebody else. So that was a bit annoying. Now that I've got signed up and they're working on my credit, they’ve only got a few results so far, especially some of the larger amount debts, so I'm wondering why they haven't tried to negotiate anything yet. It's like things are just sitting in limbo right now.

They also won't do anything via email. Everything has to be over the phone and so a lot of times, we've had to wait voicemails. Then they don’t like leaving messages because their numbers come up weird, and so then I would have to call back and have to try to find out who that person was who left me a message because they have different customer service reps. National Debt Relief hasn't done a whole lot for me yet. I'm hoping that they're going to continue to work on my debt.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

National Debt Relief has always been very helpful and considerate. I've had a couple of dropped calls on my phone, and they called me right away. Working with them has been very pleasant, so far. Also, I've seen some improvements in my credit scores. It's a rewarding experience, and if I had the chance to do it over again, I would.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I was falling behind on my bills and I was having a hard time paying. I needed some help so I sought the help of National Debt Relief. They call every once in a while to check in and make sure everything's going all right. I also call in every once in a while if there's any kind of pay change that I got, or any kind of extra debt that popped up. They help me and they get back to me quickly which is good. NDR has definitely made debt payment a lot less stressful, and my overall experience was better than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I spoke to National Debt Relief's team on the phone a couple of times about them shaving down my debt. They’re pretty straightforward, cut right to the chase and got the job done as they said they were gonna get it done. They've cut down my debt by approximately $10,000 so I’ve been pretty happy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

A friend told me that National Debt Relief was good and that I should try it since I had a lot of debts, bills, and cards that I needed to get rid of. The people at National Debt Relief were very nice and explained everything. I haven’t reached my goal yet but I’m hoping that I will reach it one day. I haven't heard from them for two months now, but so far everything is going well. I love the program and I’ll recommend a friend to it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

It's been a very positive experience with National Debt Relief. Everybody that I talked to has been great and every time I need a payment moved, pushed back or set for another date, they've always been very good about that. I pay $400 a month to National Debt Relief and have been doing it for three years now and it's been really hard but worth it. But what I thought about them was different. I thought they were going to be able to help me with my credit not just take care of my debt to build my credit so that's where the confusion set in for me.

When I'm done paying National Debt Relief, I'll be going with another company to help me with my credit but I'm still very happy. It's great they were able to take a lot of my debt away but if they were able to help me take my credit off as well that would have been 100 times better instead of going through another company. I just wished they would have been more of an all-around company in general.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Everyone at National Debt Relief has been really nice and responsive. I called a couple times to discuss different issues and things or needed something, and every time they’ve been very helpful and quick to respond. That’s one of the biggest positive for them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Every month, National Debt Relief's customer service always calls not only to update me on my account but also to ask me how I'm doing, if my situation has changed, and other things of concern. I'm extremely happy that they've done better than what we initially anticipated. They get things accomplished efficiently. My life has improved tremendously since having them as I am getting rid of a lot of debts. So, I've recommended them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I needed help in consolidating all my debt to get rid of it so I went for National Debt Relief. Their customer service has been excellent. Their reps have been helpful, very young and detail oriented. NDR has given me a clear path into debt freedom and I’ve been very happy so far.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

My interactions with the team at National Debt Relief were through phone and email and they're very informative. Working with them is going great and I can easily manage everything in one place. It's already settled so life's going good and smooth.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

All of my accounts were closed off, but I kept paying on them. I googled about debt consolidators and it was nice to know that I didn't have to negotiate with the banks anymore and I could just have someone as my third party to advocate for me. Working with National Debt Relief has been super easy. They've called me every step of the way, which is really nice, and they were very transparent as far as all of the paperwork and what needed to get done. They showed me how the account worked, what it would look and how much it would be. It was really reasonable and made sense.

The last interaction that I had with them, they called me to let me know that I have two accounts that were willing to settle and that they were going to do that. It was really cool because it was faster than I anticipated it to be. I have just signed up with them and they were already negotiating to lower the cost down. The people are always responsive whenever I have questions or concerns. They've been very pleasing when I had conversations with them. I came into terms that I needed help, and I appreciated that I have someone empathizing with me and able to make me feel comfortable in my situation. I've been recommending National Debt Relief to a lot of my friends that are in similar situations.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I'm trying to dig myself out of the debt that I've accrued and National Debt Relief negotiated settlements on my behalf. I talked to a couple of different people there and all of them were very pleasant, very informative, and there to help me out. They knew what they were doing and how to solve my issues. My overall experience is good. I have a set budget that I pay biweekly and it doesn't go up or down as of right now. I'm comfortable with knowing that I have to put X amount of dollars in biweekly. It's really a lot easy to manage my debt that way.

National Debt Relief Company Information