4.8/5 (1455 ratings)

About National Debt Relief

National Debt Relief is one of the largest debt settlement companies in the nation. Our goal is to help clients re-establish financial stability and peace of mind in the least amount of time possible. We will work hard to provide experience and proven results through education and individual customer care.

Pros

• No-charge initial consultation
    • Free debt relief quote
    • Numerous accreditations

Cons

• Will need to pay percentage of debt settled

Bottom Line

National Debt Relief works best for those with a minimum debt of $10,000. Although you will need to pay a portion based on the debt settled, National Debt Relief can help consumers escape the cycle of debt and become financially independent.

National Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2016

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

My wife and I realized that our children’s diapers were still on our revolving credit cards and our grandchildren were about to be born and that we, after 20 years, were not making any significant progress in spite of our best efforts so I felt it was time to take more extreme measures. We looked into filing a bankruptcy but we didn’t want that. So we considered some options and debt relief was a nice alternative between the amputation and the walking around crippled for the rest of our life. So we Google-searched top rated debt relief companies in America and National Debt Relief was consistently at the top.

The people that dealt with us upfront were the best. The limbic part of my brain trusted them to help me. They were understanding, sympathetic and not judgmental. I felt like they weren't trying to get something from me for their benefit but what they did benefitted me and that they would benefit as well. We set up a 48-month plan. We got excited and did everything in the last 12 months to get rid of our debts. We cashed in our retirement savings which was an extreme measure but once we start making progress, it’s contagious. Debt reduction for us was like weighing 800 pounds and losing ten every year. We can celebrate that we lost 10 pounds but then we still had to face the fact that we weigh 790. But with National Debt Relief, it was like liposuction wherein they tore stuff off of us and suddenly we have biceps.

The only concern I have is that last week we had a conversation that took four separate phone calls because I was getting disconnected as they would transfer me to somebody else. Their people’s understanding of how to use their systems may be inadequate but apart from that, we have a fantastic relationship with the company. I wholeheartedly recommend National Debt Relief to people who are drowning and can't seem to find a way out.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I have been going through a bunch of medical bill situations with the family that I assist. I had incurred way too much debt in loans and credit card in assisting them that I wasn't able to pay for myself. So, I was hoping to consolidate everything and get settlements done so that I can restart. I knew I would get a lower credit score because of the relief help but I was willing to do that for a couple of years just to get everything figured out. Everyone that I've worked with in National Debt Relief has been great and responsive with emails. Plus, people that I have talked to over the phone were really courteous and know everything about my account so they make really good notes. Working with National has been great because I started out with a really low credit score because I put everything out into debt settlement, but afterward everything has been going fine. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

It's been good with National Debt Relief so far. I didn’t have one payment going and trying to get the debts consolidated has gotten really well. We’ve knocked out a lot of the debt so that has helped.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Working with National Debt Relief has made my life simpler and easier, and has given me peace of mind. I had a good experience with them. They say what they're going to do, and they do it. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I was deep in credit card debt and I needed help, and working with National Debt Relief has made my life easier. Everything has been smoothly going on its own and I don't have to worry about it. Their team members are great and I had no problems.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I’m trying to get out of debt and working with National Debt Relief set me on track financially. The people at National were very informative, polite and willing to work with me on everything. They tell me what’s going on with all the things that they’re doing. I’m very grateful for them being there. If it weren’t for them, I’ll be in a lot of trouble.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I was researching online about how I can get help with my credit cards and looked at National Debt Relief's reviews in the Better Business Bureau. Their reps were able to help in accommodating payments that I had to lower due to financial difficulties. Before, what I had to pay was too much and it became a struggle and a strain. It was either I go with National Debt Relief or file for bankruptcy. I haven’t had any problems with them so far, but I’m not out of debt yet. The only thing is that I would like to have a written statement sent to me via mail or email stating how much I owe and what have I paid in fees instead of having to call them to ask. I have to go through their the company that manages the bills. I log in, get a login member name, and it’s complicated.

I keep paying them monthly and I don’t know if I’m getting closer to my goal or not. I have no idea where my money is going and what they take out in fees which is a little unnerving. They have to charge something for their services and I have no other choice. I have looked around to see if I can get some other help with banks and credit unions, but there is nothing that I can see and I don’t want to deal with it. For most of us who are in debt like this, it’s a tremendous financial and emotional burden. It would help us to get some sort of “Hey, you’re doing fine. We’re getting towards our goal. We have this much time left and then you’re going to be debt free.” That would be nice to receive on a quarterly basis.

Otherwise, I do recommend National Debt Relief to people in my situation. So far, they’ve been collaborating nicely. They’re always nice, friendly and available to talk on the phone. When I had a problem renting an apartment, they wrote a letter that I was paying my bills on time and that I’m taking care of my debts. In that respect, they’re very personable. I’m hoping that I’ll be out of debt soon.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My husband was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He also has Parkinson's and high blood pressure. Our bills were mounting up because he was in a nursing home for five months and I had to pay for that. It was too much for me to handle. I called my daughter and told her to check out some place for me. She called me back for National Debt Relief and once I got their number, I called them and did the interview. Then, they sent me the forms in the mail and they've been handling them. I just have to put an amount of money every month and they take care of all the bills that I have. They've been calling me whenever they make a settlement.

20 years ago, I was in the same position and I had GreenPath. They did better in a way that they took all my bills together and then I paid an amount of money every month. Everything was pooled and they settled everything. But with National Debt Relief, I'm still getting calls from companies that I had placed with them to take care of. I think they just do one at a time and that's it. Also, I have a four-year plan and I told them four years is a lot. At the time they were the only company that I got and I should have checked out more companies instead of just rushing to doing it with them. I had no option because all the bills were piling up. But it took me longer than expected.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

My debt was too high and my mom told me to go to National Debt relief. She said that it was better to do that than go to bankruptcy. National Debt Relief has great, awesome customer service and I've had amazing interactions with their team. They answer my questions when I call them and they’re on top of everything and my debt collectors. My credit score went up and that makes me happy. I can’t be any happier than where I am now. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I recently got a new job which paid much less than my previous one and I'm now having a hard time making ends meet. My experience with National Debt Relief has been life-changing and stress-free. The process has been positive. Every person I've had with them has been great, whether in the office, phone, or anything. They're understanding and flexible and they took the time to explain things to me because it's confusing sometimes. They don't make me feel like they're belittling me for needing help. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

From the first moment that I called National Debt Relief, they were very informative and helpful. They weren't pushy at all. It was more of an inquiry into why I was seeking help and then following up with me on how they could help. They've given me a great deal of relief. They provided me a very clear way to get out of debt that I thought I was gonna be paying for the rest of my life in a matter of three years. They helped me through the rough moments too because I had a hard time with the concept of not meeting the minimum payment. They let me know that I was gonna have to go into default and they understood why that was hard for me and answered all my questions. They were really reassuring about the process. I've also recommended them to other people that I know.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I was impressed with every single member of National Debt Relief. Everybody was so reassuring and saying, "This is your money. We're putting it in a place where were using your money to talk to these people and get it down to where we can get it paid off." I would call every once in a while and ask questions and not one person was short or unclear. My experience with them was very empowering and freeing. The heavy weight of the bills that I owe was taken off me. I also felt like I did something. It really made me want to make sure that I'm responsible with my bills and not get it out of hand again and not do credit cards. It was nice to be in a situation where I wasn't shamed or put down. It was great.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Recently, National Debt Relief had informed me that they were negotiating with Barclays Bank where I had a credit card with. They said that if they come to an agreement to reduce the debt, there was an additional payment to the one that we had originally agreed, which is $257 a month. I had to pay an additional $74 for a couple of months and I wasn’t sure what that was for. But I don’t recall being mentioned in the initial negotiating process that in the event that we come to an agreement with a specific creditor, that you’ll be assessed for another amount of money in addition to the monthly amount. I wasn’t really clear on that. But I took care of it best I could with a little strain, financially. So it’s still the best process and I’m grateful for the assistance. NDR has been working toward reducing the debt that I had and I think that we’re accomplishing that goal.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

One of my friends had a good experience with National Debt Relief, and for me, they have been a big relief. I was swamped and I didn't have a life of my own. I worked with Boris and he gave me a step-by-step help so the transition was simple. It has made a big difference. I’ve been able to breathe a little. At first, my credit rating dropped at nothing but it’s slowly building itself back up. National Debt Relief did good and I appreciate them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

National Debt Relief had made my life easier and less complicated, and it took some of the stress away. They always update me with what's going on with my account. When I fax them, I like that they send an email letting me know that they received the fax. Their team is also very good, understanding, and they're easy to talk to. They were able to meet my needs.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I had some things that needed to be consolidated before I took a major move and National Debt Relief has totally gotten rid of quite a few accounts I had, so that's a good thing. I've recommended the company to other people.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I was going nowhere on my student loan. I was looking at some ads and saw National Debt Relief. So far, the experience has been good as well as the interaction I've had with their reps. I can't complain about anything.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I have a massive amount of debt with little amount of money to pay for it all, so I needed help. National Debt Relief is saving me a ton of money. They’ve all been wonderful and I’ve never had an issue with anybody there. Their communication is open and it’s great. I would recommend them to anybody that needed help.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I had a lot of debt and I signed up with National Debt Relief. At the beginning I saw a headway in their process but now, I see nothing. There are a lot of stuff that I do not understand especially with what they're saying and their system. In the last three or four months I didn't settle with anybody. National Debt took the money first for their selves then they're going to give it to the creditors. It's rough that I didn't understand from the beginning that they would do something like that. I was not informed and that's making it harder to get out from the debt. The process is taking longer and it's very weird.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I was looking for someone to help me pay down my debt and found National Debt Relief. I had a lot of credit card debt, I was out of work, and I didn't want to go bankrupt. I wanted to pay my bills. National Debt Relief helped me by making deals to pay down the debt without all the penalties and all the big interest charges. The way they explained everything was clear, and it's been great. I didn't want to walk away from my responsibilities. I felt like they saved me. Their customer service was so good.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

When someone mentioned that National Debt Relief is very helpful in the long term, I looked into their service and got started right away with them. Their name took a lot of stress off me. It's the relief of thinking about how I got into this mess and how I could get out reasonably without adding more to what I owed. When I was paying to the bank what they said I owed, they would take my $300 or $400 minimum payment every month, but that was just for the interest, and the principal amount I owed never went down, so it was like throwing money into the fire. So, I really needed a company that could help me pay off my debts.

I have always paid my bills, but just had a bunch of stuff happening. National has been helpful since I lost my career job. I've had a job every two years, however, it was not anything to be proud of. So, I called National and gave them a heads-up, "Hey, I need a month off." They granted that and just added the payment on the end. So, I'm not behind on everything. I still have my monthly bills and my taxes, and once again I'm employed. If there's enough money in there, the National guys would say, "Okay, there's enough" for them to approach the business that I had a debt to and make an offer. It's usually what I originally owed minus the interest. So, they're pretty fair.

By working with National, I paid up all my debts, except for a last one I have with a Visa credit card that I'm working at and making payments. The creditors still send me letters saying that I owe them what National has already paid them. I faxed the documents to them, and they said, "It's just what companies do," and that they were just looking for me. If I had heard about National Debt Relief and gotten their services sooner, I could've been paying them now for their services and would've been farther ahead than just trying to pay my debts of.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

When I was looking for help with debt and trying to figure out what my options were, I called National Debt Relief. It sounded like something that I could manage so I decided to go with them. They sounded competent enough and whoever I was speaking to was smart enough to understand what was going to help me and provide a solution. On one hand, it’s a good solution because I feel that the debt is being managed. However, I don’t know the downsides yet because it’s taking a long time. It’s somewhat expensive and all of my debts are not resolved yet. I thought I had an understanding at the beginning, but they led me to believe that it would be a four-year deal by the time I paid off my creditors and that the first year they would be in settlements with all the different creditors. However, it's been a couple of years now and we're still not in settlements with everybody and it's not good for my credit.

When I asked them about it, all they said was, “We explained that it takes a while to get into settlements and we can’t get into settlements until they agree to settle, and they are not gonna agree to settle until you haven’t paid for a long time. Even then, there has to be enough money in your account for the settlement.” Since I’m paying a monthly amount, I thought there would be funds in the account to pay out for settlements as well. I understand the math of what they are telling me now. But when it was first explained to me, it sounded like they had the skills to do the negotiating to make the math of initiating settlements within the one year mark so that the last three years is just paying the settlements off. I feel that it was slightly misleading. But it seems like it will resolve in a positive way unless things go dreadfully wrong.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I need some relief to my particular problem and I'm fairly new in the National Debt Relief program. All of my interactions with their staff have been very good and all of them have been courteous. National Debt Relief is helping me out and hopefully, it'll keep on doing it. In a couple of years, it'll be better. They're overall professional.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

My interactions with the team at National Debt Relief have all been very positive so far. They've been very helpful and informative with what I needed to know. They don't make me feel like I'm less of a person because I'm seeking help. With them I know that our bills are getting paid and I don't have to fret about it or fret about telemarketers calling me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

We were in an upside down situation on a lot of our stuff that we looked into relief help. All the interactions I've had with National Debt Relief were positive. I've been happy with the people that I’ve dealt with and with the service that I've gotten. I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I had debt problems and so I wanted to find a source that was reliable to have them eliminated. It’s been a positive experience with National Debt Relief. They’ve always been very knowledgeable and reliable. They always updated me with the latest development which came up. I've always gotten excellent service from them and everything was handled with the best of professionalism. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I wanted to check and see if National Debt could help or not like they said on the commercial and my experience was pretty easy initially. They listened to what I needed, and from there, they took over the debt. I had three issues that they were helping me with and they resolved the first one really quick. However, it's been a long process, longer than I thought it would be. The team usually contacts me once a month as far as status updates, and I should be hearing something now, but haven't heard from them for a while. So far, working with National Debt has been positive.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I needed to fix my financial so I decided to get National Debt Relief. Their team was good. They helped me control my credit cards and so far, so good. It was straightforward and they explained all the steps to me. It was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I initially looked up National Debt Relief online and I've been really satisfied with my experience with them. Working with them created a huge relief. They did a really good job. The staff members have always been helpful and polite as well.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

The first time I saw it, I was not in dire need of the services. But as time progressed, it turned into one of those things where I realized I don’t want to be paying all these interest charges. And what they’re saying makes sense, so I gave them a call. If anything’s not expected or changes, they will give you a call. They are very involved. Everything revolves around your okay and your say. So, it’s been great. They gave good expectations upfront. They outlined what they were gonna do, what their program is about, the ins and outs of it, and how it worked. There hasn’t really been any surprises or negative experiences so far. It was “a happy ending to an unhappy situation.”

National Debt Relief Company Information