2. Finance
  3. Credit Counseling

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Homesavers USA Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

Bottom line, paid $2950.00 to have my home mortgage loan modification for lower interest rate. After sending them 10 pages of forms, countless phone calls that were never returned, hang up on when requesting the manager, told they were "reviewing and process again and again." I was ripped off. THEY DID NOTHING! I found out later by speaking to my home loan mortgage company if HomeSavers USA was working with them. I was told NO. Loan modification was denied the months ago plus that HomeSavers USA knew this and that they also knew, within a few minutes of receiving my application, that I was "outside the 20% max. income to loan value ratio to even apply. Yet I was strung along month after month until they no longer would return phone calls, and would hang up on me every time I called! THIS IS OUTRIGHT FRAUD!

Original review: May 18, 2015

I was dealing with **, and she ask me to fax over all of my paper work to her regarding my taxes, mortgage, work checks, a letter, and all bank statement trying to drop the interest on the mortgage. I DID this back in November 2014. I DID not hear from until March 21, 2015. I kept calling her and she would not answer the phone, I kept leaving her message on the voice mail and I would email her. When I DID speak to her again she was asking me to fax over the same information that I had fax over the first time. What a waste, she was very rude after I asked her why! She said just do it.

So I DID it thinking that she could still help me. So I DID not hear back from her until may 14th 2015, saying that she needed for me to refax over the same paper work that I had fax before. I said no, just send me my freaking money back. She was pissed and said she was willing to help me and said that she will go ahead and send me my money back. She was not able to explain to me why it was taking so long, all she said was she was working on her more important claims first. So I told her that my claim is just important than any claim she has on her desk. She got mad and hung up. Please do not use this company, it is terrible. They never answer the phone.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2014

On April 14, 2012, I, Francisco **, and Victoria ** signed to an agreement for a reduction of interest with Home Saver of America on 04/17/12. The first payment was made for the amount of $1,500.00 follow by a second payment on 04/17/12 for $250.00. On May 21, 2012 $1,000. On June 21, 2012 $1,000. 07/18/12 $1,000 dollars. With a total amount of four thousand seven hundred fifty dollars. Two years later from the agreement I still haven't received the help I was searching and the service paid for; therefore, I requested for the agreement cancel and requested my money reimburse stated in a letter as told. Due to I have tried multiple times to reach them by telephone no respond, I go to the office and I get services decline. They hang up on my calls and no longer open the office door and telephone no longer in service. Please help. I am really concern and need help. COMPANY INFO: Home Saver of America 3330 Harbor Blvd suite#201 Costa Mesa, CA 92626, T: (714) 241-1716, F: (714) 241-1786.

Original review: March 26, 2010

Home Savers contacted me and told me they could help me restructure my loan before foreclosure occurred. They spoke to me the day before my home was to be put up for auction by Montgomery County and verbally guaranteed me that if I sent them $3000 by Western Union that they could keep my home from being sold at auction the next day. I did send them $3000 by Western Union and I found out from the county that our property went back to the bank the very next day. I am devastated. I believed these people would help me save my home but instead stole $3000 that I had been saving in order to possibly save my home.

Original review: June 5, 2009

I originally paid this company $2500.00 (May 18, 09) to help me get a loan modification with my mortgage company, Bank of America. The day after I paid Homesavers, BAC sent via Federal Express a loan modification program to my home (May 19). I called and spoke with my senior consult, Andrew **, and explained what happened. He assured me I would get my money back because Homesavers only wanted to help. He said they haven't done anything for the money and not to worry because they gave me a 100% money back guarantee. He only had to speak with the accountant to find out when the refund would happen. He stated their company was happy and they hoped that this modification helped my family. Homesavers would be happy to help me in the future if need be. I spoke with him the following day and he told me their accountant left early due to her pregnancy and he would call me back.

Next day I received a phone call from Duncan ** and now he is telling me that I signed papers with them and they are in a business. I could not get it back now. I told him how could they help me when I am already being offered a modification, so in the end I would not be happy and be able to get my money back. He said if I could show him those papers of BAC offering this to me, then he would refund my money. I have called now three times since Friday, May 30, with not a phone call back and no refund still. I don't know who can help me or what to do next. I am in desperate need of my money because I am now behind on my mortgage. I need this money back. How can they keep my money without having done anything for it?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homesavers USA?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2008

I met Tina **, sales manager for HomeSavers through a friend. I explained my situation that my two houses are scheduled for trustee sale. Before I met her I already have hired a lawyer to represent me. Tina convinced me to drop my lawyer and that their company is better and even gave me verbal guaranty that she can stop the trustee sale of my houses. We did sign a contract and paid $5200.00 for two houses plus $600.00 for each house to be deducted from my bank account every month until they successfully win my case. On or before my date of trustee sale, they failed to take any action to stop the sale. Someone dropped the ball. They failed to inform me what was going on with my case like they did not even care that I was about to lose my houses.

When I called them to find out about the sale, they couldn't give me a straight answer and they keep referring me to different persons. I finally decided to cancel my contract and sent them a letter and demanding a refund since they have not done any action on my case. Prior to the letter, I have told them to withdraw and want my money back. I sense that they don't have the intention to return my money back. These people are real scammers not to mention there are at least five people that I know some are my friends that are scammed by Homesavers. We are not going to stop until we find justice!!! Losing my two houses has created a big impact in our lives financially and emotionally. Not to mention the stress and sleepless nights we are now going through and thousands of dollars we spent trying to save our houses. We know eviction letter is on the way and you know what this means.

Original review: June 5, 2008

March 2008- Paid $1500 to homesavers to negotiate a loan modification. Took my check and cashed it one week later without calling me or the bank. To this day no call back on how to get or response to a refund request. Really frustating trying to contact or get answers from them. I was told that the check would not be cashed until they began the negotiation process which would mean they would contact me. No one ever did.

Fortunatly I was able to modify my loan thru the servicing bank. Am still out $1500. Countless hours of lost sleep, Bank overdrawn fees in having to make up the 1500 towards modification.

Original review: May 5, 2008

I contacted this company to help me save my home from foreclosure. After contacting them several months ago I have sent them more the $1800.00 and still have yet to be contacted by anyone at this company or received any info on the process my home is in. I have made several attempts to contact them via phone, email, fax and letters and still they have my money and have done nothing for me.

After many months waiting for them to do something I contacted another company and was informed that there should be no money up front and this company has offered to take my case and complete within 60 days. I then tried again to contact HomeSavers to request a refund so that I may again try to tell them that there customer service was soemthing that I could no longer handle and that I was moving my case to a different company and have yet to hear from them. I believe that what they are doing in NOT legal and in these tough times they have no right to take someones money and tell them that they will save your home and then never call you back.

Instead of saving my home they have costs me more money then I really have and after requesting a refund they have yet to contact me or refund my money as a result my home my be lost and will have lost everything due to there lack of customer service and lack of work they promised to do prior to getting my money. Once they received my money I never heard from them again.

Original review: July 7, 2007

I purchased a Honda Odyssey from this dealership in 2003. I recently had a battery die on me and, as a result, the radio was unable to be used without a code. Normally (I have owned both Hondas and Acuras in the past and have had this issue), the dealership provides a 4 digit code that allows access to the radio again. If the information is not with the paper work the dealership can normally access this information on their computer systems. Honda on Grand did not record any of this information and required me to bring the car in and have the radio pulled to access the code...at my expense. When I tried to discuss payment and who should be responsible, I was informed that this dealership had no responsibility since it had changed ownership and the car was purchased under the previous owner.

Original review: March 8, 2007

I bought a certified used Honda From John Eagle Honda in dallas. Their were parts of the 150 point check list were left blank. there were at least 6 different things wrong with the car that are on that list.I did not recieve my car fax report that should have been included.

This car should have been a salvage titled car. It has been through 2 accidents, one mild to moderate the other was severe. the trunk, hood, fenders, and bumpers have all been replaced. the tie bar was replaced as well.

The orginal vin/fmvss is missing in the door jam. This car should have never been certified by the dealership. this car was wrecked and not well maintained. I was not disclosed this information by the dealership.

Not sure about Homesavers USA?

Struggling with credit card debt? Get matched with a debt relief provider today.

Homesavers USA Company Information