4.8/5 (78 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About GreenPath Financial Wellness

GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit that offers debt relief services, including counseling and debt management plans. It provides customized financial wellness support and nonprofit guidance at a speed that works for you.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GreenPath Financial Wellness?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

The GreenPath team help my family and I pay off over $109,000 worth of consumer debt. The staff was always friendly and helpful. They were able to work with my creditors to reduce interest rates and ensure my monthly payments were helping to pay down more of my debt. I would recommend their services to anyone looking for help. They are simply the best.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Brian we are so appreciative that you took the time to share your positive experiences with GreenPath here for others to see. You've accomplished an amazing thing!! We wish you the best of luck moving forward and thank you for letting us know how GreenPath did.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

The people at GreenPath were very knowledgeable and courteous. The lady we had was very nice. She took good care of us. They were able to lower our interest rate and got us back on track with our bills and helped us make decisions and what we need to do.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Robert, thank you for the positive review! We are happy we could help you to meet your financial goals. Good luck in the future!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I just googled debt consolidation on the internet and found out about GreenPath. My experience with them was wonderful. The people there that I had dealt with were very personable. I felt like I was dealing with people, like a real person that understood what I was going through. Very compassionate and caring. And information wise, my contact there was very, very good.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Mary, thank you for the positive review and for sharing your experiences with Greenpath! Best of luck in the future!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I met somebody from GreenPath in a conference years ago. I went to the initial appointment that they did the counseling, going through all of our stuff, and then we came to the agreement and have them work through a couple of our large debts on credit cards, which are now paid off, thank God! My interactions with the team at GreenPath were very positive. They were all extremely professional, very helpful, very respectful and kind. They're very accurate and on time, especially when I called in for the payoff amount and they gave them to me. They did take everything out of the account and closed it up before the next $400 monthly came out, which is great so everything was good. Working with GreenPath has helped me eliminate a large amount of debt at a lower interest rate and paid off quicker.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response
Thank you for the positive review Karen!

Congratulations for becoming debt free! Best of luck in the future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

The journey started 4 years ago with an advisor that showed empathy and options. The journey was seamless. The times I needed to call and ask questions or check status was greeted with caring and professional representatives. I have recommended your services to others. At the end of, I am truly happy that my choice was GreenPath.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

We are so happy to hear that your experiences with GreenPath have been positive! We truly emphasize the importance of genuine empathy and thorough options discussions in our counseling sessions and we hold all GreenPath staff to high standards when it comes to customer interactions. Thank you for the recommendations you have made back to GreenPath and for filling out this review!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I'm glad I found GreenPath because I had called other banks to see if they would lower my interest rates but none of them were willing to work with me. When we went to GreenPath Debt Solutions in Gaylord the first time, the rep was very factual and friendly. Everything is done in black and white so we understood everything that was going to happen and how it's going to be dealt with. Then they switched us over when they closed the Gaylord location and when I called there about a couple of questions I had they were more than efficient and were able to help me. It was a long 4 and a half years, but we're finally done since October. This experience taught us how to use cash more than credit and to think before we bought.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for the review Nan! We are glad that we could help you reach your goal of paying off your debts.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

I first heard about GreenPath at State Employees Credit Union. I talked to one lady that I knew really well at the La Vale branch and told her what was going on. She said that being a member, they worked with you all so that's why I contacted GreenPath. I called them a couple of times, the guy got things set up. After the first couple months, on my anniversary date, I would get an email saying, "Oh it's your anniversary".

And then I had switched and they had switched my counselors. I heard from them a couple of times but not a whole lot, so for the most part, I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with too many people. But GreenPath got me out of debt. When I moved from Maryland to Tennessee, I didn't speak to somebody about getting my payment plan refigured out. But I would if they were accommodating and work with me on that. Overall, it was a good experience.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

We're glad to hear that you had a good experience working with GreenPath Richard. Thank you for sharing your story for others to hear as well. We appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

I would recommend GreenPath highly to anybody who's in debt. They're professional and courteous. They made my payments on time every month, so there were no problems at all, unlike some horror stories that I have heard about people giving the company their money and then it never went to their creditors. Everything went well. I made my payments, have completed the program and have gotten a lot smarter with my money after spending five years to work off a huge debt. If I don't have cash, I don't buy it.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

We are happy that you had a positive experience working with Greenpath Laurie! Thank you for sharing your thoughts story so others can see it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

The team from GreenPath was good. Everyone was very friendly and helpful when they could be. It's been good working with them. When I was doing the bi-weekly payment, it was hard but it wasn't unbearable -- difficult but not too difficult.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for this review Tyresha! We know it can be a challenge to stick with the deposit schedule and get out of debt- the reward is so worth it. We're proud of you for making it through.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

I actually called the GreenPath number on one of my credit card statements. The team at GreenPath was great and very helpful. They walked me through everything - what to expect. Every time I had to call there, they were very professional and very polite, and very happy to help me. Working with them helped me set up a budget. They basically taught me how to live within my means and what things I need to pay first and then things I want to do afterwards. They were very professional. If I had to leave a message, they called me back. The longest I ever waited was a half hour, but that could have been somebody at lunch. I already gave a friend of mine the number to call.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Susan, thank you so much for the positive comments and for referring your friend to GreenPath. We are happy to have been able to help you to meet your financial goals. Best of luck in the future!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

Dealing with GreenPath has been a good experience. Initially, I had walked in and submitted all of the necessary documentation and from there on, from my first meeting, it wasn't really necessary to contact them at all because I made all necessary payments. I'm now debt free. I referred two more people. One of them completed the program and the other one is about to complete it in probably eight months. So even the people I referred were very happy as well.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Dina, thank you for the positive review! We are glad we have been able to help you and the people you have referred to meet your financial goals.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

My experience with GreenPath was excellent. They fulfilled everything that they said they were going to exactly how they said they were going to. I've already recommended them.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

This is great news! We're very pleased to hear things went well for you Larry. We appreciate the referrals. Keep 'em coming!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

We originally had called another company at Washington State, not GreenPath. They sound legitimate but they turned out to be dishonest. They wanted us to pay like upwards of $10,000 to them before they even made any payment on any of our bills. They said don't pay any of the bills. We talked to a person but I realized that was not the way to go. So I went online and researched, GreenPath came up. I looked up the website, and read all the reviews, and it had a good rating since 1964 so I decided to call. I was able to set up the program, that was over 5 years ago. It's gone perfectly and worked out great. I'd tell anybody that need some help that GreenPath is the way to go. Everybody I dealt with and eventually have gains or losses, and people came and people went. But everybody that I talked to were all happy about GreenPath.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Richard, we so appreciate you sharing your story. So often we hear of clients paying thousands of dollars to dishonest or unethical companies. Sometimes these are debt settlement companies who don't pay off the full balances that you owe. GreenPath is a consumer credit counseling company that offer debt management programs where the goal is to have each client pay off the full amount of debt they owe over a 5 year time frame or less. Good job doing your research up front! Thank you for including your review here so that other customers can benefit.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

Everything was fine with the team at GreenPath. They were able to lower my interest rates. They were always kind and courteous and I had no trouble with them at all. I'd recommend it.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you for the positive review Allen. Lowered interest rates can be a HUGE savings in the long run. We're also glad to hear that your interactions with our customer service team were positive. We'll be sure to pass along the good news.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

I retired in 2009 after serving as an educator for 33 years. As a young woman, I always thought that when I retired, I would have more money saved than accumulated debt. However, when I retired, I found the opposite to be true. I found myself overwhelmed with an enormous amount of credit card debt. I struggled the first year of my retirement, juggling my credit card debt from month to month, trying to make payments on my pension salary. In the second year of my retirement (2010), I reached out to several debt management companies. After carefully exploring the companies, I discovered many had not lived up to their claim, and had not made the grade with the Better Business Bureau. Therefore, I went to Michigan First Credit Union for assistance.

After reviewing my credit report and considering my retirement status, Michigan First recommended a Green Path Debt Management Program for my particular case. That was the BEST referral I could have received! During my initial meeting with a Green Path representative, I was very comfortable. She was thorough, professional, polite, and made me feel at ease. Also, my questions were answered in a language that I could understand. In addition, Green Path had an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau. The representative and I established a program that worked well for me. The bill collectors stopped calling and I was on my way to liquidating my debt. Green Path was transparent with how they dispersed the funds in my account each month. I received monthly statements covering all transactions. There were also check-ups along the way. I was at total peace!

The next four years of my retirement was smooth sailing. I was no longer under stress, and no longer harassed with telephone calls and letters from creditors and bill collectors. I reached my goal and completed my program in September 2014. In addition, I have learned how to budget my money, as a result of my experience with Green Path because I followed a budget. I was also able to travel extensively (mission work & pleasure), on my pension, as seen in my photos of multiple trips to Ghana & throughout the states. I am very satisfied with Green Path and I highly recommend them to others. I am a walking advertiser for Green Path. I would like to commend the Customer Service Team on a job well done! Thanks to Green Path, I can now experience a stress free retirement. (The way I thought retirement would always be, as a young woman.)

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Dyrene, Thank you so much for the positive review. We are happy we have been able to help you with your financial goals and to better enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

I had a lot of questions throughout my experience with the DMP and Julee always replied to my emails/phone calls right away.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Andrea, thank you for the positive review. We will make sure to pass on your feedback to Julee. Thank you for letting us help you with your financial goals!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

A friend of mine at work told me about GreenPath. My experience dealing with them has been very delightful. It's never an easy thing to have to pay money that you have a hard time finding or difficulty acquiring but I receive a monthly Social Security check. I was able to deduct from that a certain amount every month and pay the bills. GreenPath was able to lower my interest rates and now that I've paid my bills and I have more money for myself. My interactions with the team had been very good and very positive. I recommend GreenPath. I know that I may be using them again in the future.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you so much for the positive review Steven! It's very rewarding for us to hear success stories like yours through reviews like this. Keep up the good work budgeting and staying out of debt!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

The agents in the Corpus Christi office have always been very helpful; always willing to assist in any way. We recently completed our program and were very pleased with the service.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you very much for filling out a review here Preston! We will be sure to pass this positive information on to our Corpus Christi staff and the managers there. Best of luck to you moving forward debt free!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

Ms. ** was absolutely excellent when helping me better understand my debt management account. She took the time connect to a creditor, who further helped explain the status of my account. She also sent e-mail to another creditor and requested explanations about my future options. Ms. ** was very patient and respectful. She went beyond my expectations.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Diane this is great news! I've passed along this positive review to the representative you mentioned here. This made her day. We do so appreciate you taking the time to let us know that your experience with both her and GreenPath was a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

I started with green path 2010 on a five year plan to eradicate over 20k credit card debt!!! Less than the time indicated and I am completely debt free!!!!!!! Green path has been AMAZING.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Tonya, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

GreenPath taught me to pay for things with cash and to not rely on credit because all it really does is get you in trouble. Now we pay for everything with cash, except big items like a car I bought. Before, if I went to the grocery store, I would charge it. But now when I'm asked, "Oh, do you want us to charge you, open a charge account? We'll give you 20% off." The answer is no. I'm very grateful that Bank of America led me to GreenPath. I'm very thankful that they actually got my creditors to lower my interest rate and to agree to a payment plan. And that all worked out and we did it. Their team was excellent - from the people I've started with at the corporate office down to any of the people that I spoke to in the McKinney office. They're top of the line.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Victoria, thank you so much for the kind words. We will pass on your feedback to the McKinney office! We are happy that we were able to help you become debt free!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

I really appreciated their kind and respectful attitude with any contacts I had with them. They were supportive and helped us out of a scary situation. I only wish I had found them sooner. Thanks.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Linda, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

This company assisted with a 4-year plan that worked out great for me. I would highly recommend to others.. When I called with questions they were prompt and professional.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Carmen, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

My Wife and I had pile up an amount of debt by not make very good decisions and we were seriously considering a bankruptcy when we heard about your service from Bank of America one of my creditors. We call Mr Jeffery ** at GP and he asked lots of questions about our income and bills. Then we sent our creditor statements to him and boom we were off and running. At first it seemed daunting when we looked at how much debt we had to face and pay in the next 5 years. We stuck to the plan and did not reduce the amounts we were contributing when we payed off a creditor and we were able to pay all of the debt off by a month shy of 4 years. Now we have better credit and more importantly we have become comfortable with budgeting and have the discipline to keep our credit and debt under control. Thanks for everything. You changed our life...

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Joel, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

I am so pleased with Greenpath. They were very professional and non judgmental when I first contacted them for help. 3 years later I am out of $21,000 debt. I could not have done that on my own since they negotiated with companies and got rates I wasn't able to get and got fees reduced or eliminated. Greenpath is a wonderful company and can be trusted. The pressure they took off my shoulders was incredible and I am grateful to Greenpath for their assistance. I am in a good place now and do not intend to go back to my old spending ways. They have counseling to help you learn to live within your means too. I can't praise them enough and I have recommended them to others.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review here Mary! We're happy to hear that your experience with GreenPath has been a positive one. $21,000 in 3 years is a HUGE accomplishment. We're very proud of the hard work you put in to make that happen. We are fortunate to have your review here so that other clients can learn how GreenPath can help to make a difference in their lives.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

I cannot understand why more people who are seriously under large credit card bills do not take advantage of this program. It was a lifesaver for me... allowing me to maintain a credit rating, rebuild my credit score, and successfully learn how to manage money and live within my budget. PAINLESS!!!!

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Sharon, we're so happy to hear that your experience with GreenPath was a positive one! We agree with you- getting the word out there about the value of a debt management program can be life changing. By you filling out this review, you are helping us to spread the good news. Thank you for taking the time to fill this out and leaving a review here. We appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

Greenpath has been a great help to me to get my credit cards under control. Everyone was so nice and professional and knowledgeable. Everything went smooth as clock work until last amt. I owed around $160.00. The regular amount of draft was taken out of $500 and I called and wanted to make sure my checking acct. would not be over drafted so I had to stop payment on draft and it cost me $31.00 in banking fees to do so and then I mailed you all the balance in a M.O. I feel very strongly Greenpath should reimburse me for this fee. If they do then I would recommend the company to anyone, if not i would not recommend them to anybody! Thanks again and it would be so sweet to find a check in my mailbox for $31 very soon!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I was with the company when it had the old name. The company was called 3-C before it was GreenPath. They were very good and you could call them if something has come up. Didn't have any problems at all. I always did that debt consolidation and I've now paid everything else and am a lot happier.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Anthony, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

We had to have a wake up call sometimes and they worked with us very nicely. They were able to lower our interest rates and helped us budget the money we actually needed so we knew how much money we could pay towards our cards in the debt that we had. And as we were ending, they continued to ask if there was anything else that we needed them for. They're wonderful. I would refer anyone in the situation that we were in to GreenPath Debt Solutions because they helped us, I'm sure they'll help a lot of people.

GreenPath Financial Wellness response

Sheila, thanks so much for the positive review! Great to hear we were able to help you out!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

Thanks to GreenPath Debt Solutions I can say I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I now know how to set a budget and stick with it. Thanks again GreenPath staff.

GreenPath Financial Wellness Company Information