4.4/5 (2792 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: June 22, 2016

My husband and I have been in the program for 4 months now. We have 2 of our 8 debts in progress and look forward to being debt free in a few years. The main thing for us is that we now have a plan of action, before we enrolled we just saw the debt, and that was a constant reminder of our past (tough financial and emotional experiences) and it looked like we would never see the end. Now we do. We also know that to achieve the goal to be debt free we have to continue to be responsible for making our monthly payment to FDR. We only use our debit card now. No more credit cards for us.

Original review: June 22, 2016

Everyone I talked to is polite. I really do not understand the system completely, but it would help if they would inform us monthly on the progress of the current creditors they are working on, and their plans for the next creditor to be paid. Other than that, overall the people seem nice on the phone.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I'm so happy to be a part of this program. It has been great working with them.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I would recommend this company to anyone who needs help with getting their finances back in good order. Everyone I have dealt with has been more than helpful and very friendly.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I have found Freedom Debt Relief staff to be courteous and patient with me. I am most grateful to find a solution to the collection calls which traumatized me as my husband is not well and does not need this concern. I am also grateful to have a definite schedule of payments even though it is still difficult for me financially.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Very professional, informative, always there when I need to ask a question.

Original review: June 21, 2016

FDR has been wonderful to work with! Two of my debts have been settled, right on schedule and for less than the estimates. The staff at FDR are friendly, helpful, and always encouraging.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Debbie and I are very pleased with the progress of our debt consolidation. The staff has kept us informed at every hurdle we cross. It's been an awesome experience. There's hope in the future and we see a goal to the end of this problem we had. Would recommend this path to anyone who has struggled with their finances.

Original review: June 16, 2016

I would like updated status of where my accounts stand, what accounts they have been in touch with and what negotiations have been initiated. After 6 months in program I still do not know if I made the right choice. I have anxiety mainly because I do not know what is going on and Im getting phones calls and letters from creditors. One being wells fargo which my mortgage is connect to - I am not in default with mortgage but a personal loan with them and Im getting letters stating that repossessions can occur due to loan contract although it is an unsecured loan. It would be nice to have one go to person.

This is a very personal matter and I do not have rapport with one employee. Employees seems annoy with answering questions. I switched bank accounts - did it all in time for drafting. And they drafted out of wrong account causing an overdraft with a fee. When I called to complain - I got, "Oh yes I see what happen". I had to demand a reimbursement of fees. I sent what the gentleman requested and Freedom still has not reimbursed me. I do not feel secure working with Freedom. Yes, one debt had been negotiated and approved and it was a good settlement; however credit reports are still showing the same balance. The personal dashboard doesn't offer much info. It says payments are being made to something collections although it is Citi account. Overall just do not feel knowledgeable, in control, or secure with Freedom financial. I'm hoping by the end of year my impression has changed for the better.

Original review: June 15, 2016

From the first time I called, I felt like I was being treated like a person instead of less than human. I know that you deal with thousands, but your people still are kind and business like. It's what is needed when a person makes that call to you. Almost everything was explained perfectly to me. I say almost because it seems that the fees just slipped up on me and they were a bit of a shocker. I don't fault you for making money, but I think explaining the fees a little more upfront and why would be better. Thanks.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I am very pleased with dealing with the personnel at FDR. And recommend my friends.

Original review: June 15, 2016

They have been wonderful and always helpful to direct me to get the correct answer to my problem. I would at this time refer a friend to this company.

Original review: June 15, 2016

At one point of my life when my bill's become out of control and debt collectors nonstop phone calls I have joined Freedom Debt Relief and I am impressed by how professionally it's done. The accessibility of assistance when you try to reach them is great. I already settled one account in short period of time and I have a few more to go. I am hopeful I will reach to my goal of being debt free. Thank you.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I have 3 accounts with Freedom. One has already been paid off for less than it would have. If I need to change a withdrawal date, all I have to do is call and everyone I have ever talked to has been very kind and helpful. I would recommend Freedom to others.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I contacted Freedom Debt Relief because I was going through medical issues and was unable pay more than the minimum balances on my credit cards and loans. Only being in the program for a short time, Freedom Debt Relief has settled paying off 2 of my accounts. One reduced by $382.00 and the other reduced by 392.00. Both accounts were over $700.00 each. I am grateful for Freedom Debt Relief and how professional and understanding they have been with me.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Nine months ago I began the process of debt reduction and now all the creditors have agreed to settlement amounts. The estimate from FDR was almost exactly the amount of the settlement. The process went smoothly and I was kept up to date on the progress. This program helped me avoid filing for bankruptcy. I highly recommend FDR. It has been a lifesaver.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Freedom Debt Relief was the answer to my prayers. I felt backed into a corner until they came to my rescue. Debts are dwindling fast!! Five stars for their customer service as well. Thank you, Freedom Debt Relief for being in my corner!!

Original review: June 15, 2016

So far I am very happy with Freedom Debt relief. They have paid my bills in a timely manner! Nothing hidden, no lies. Very friendly! Always there to answer my questions. WELL WORTH IT!

Original review: June 15, 2016

Everybody has been great.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Account - Handled with patience and understanding.

No response received
    Original review: June 15, 2016

Changed policies/procedure after contract signed without notice. Took monies for themselves before paying promised bills. Difficult to get knowledgeable continuity. Homepage for clients difficult to maneuver and changed often.

Freedom Debt Relief response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience in working with Freedom Debt Relief. We are committed to providing an excellent service experience and want to ensure our clients are completely satisfied when working through their requested debt settlement program.

We have sent a direct message to this customer so we can look into their concerns further and find a satisfactory resolution.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Everything was accurate and handled as promised.

Original review: June 15, 2016

We have worked with Freedom Debt Relief for several months now. We are delighted with everyone we have worked with. Because we kept our end of the contract, we have been given the opportunity to resolve our debt in a more expedient manner. We have dealt with individuals from the beginning of the process who became friends & instead of putting us down for our situation have shown a caring understanding. Ann was our first contact. She is wonderful. We moved through several people & are currently working with Karlie. I have only great things to say about all who have helped us. We are at the point of recovering a good credit score. Thank you all & may God bless you for your kindness!

Original review: June 14, 2016

I am well pleased with how my accounts were handled. Everyone was professional and treated me real well. So happy I turned to FDR to help me. I was always aware of what was going on with my accounts. Thank you so much to everyone involved in getting me debt free.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Good. Gonna take more time to rate based on performance.

Original review: June 13, 2016

Updated on: Happy with how my debt has been resolved. It may have taken some time to get it all resolved but I am happy with the outcome. I would recommend this company to others who are struggling with their debt. Thanks to freedom debt relief my debt has been resolved.

Original Review: Have really helped out a lot with our debt. Like the fact that we can choose if we accept the debt consolidation amount before it is paid.

Original review: June 12, 2016

Happy and about to be debt free.

No response received
    Original review: June 11, 2016

I have been working with Freedom Debt Relief since 2013. In the beginning of my time with them, they were responsive and helpful. As time went on I had to negotiate the remainder of my settlements (7 out of 10) and still pay their HIGH fees as if they had acted on my account. My debt has been paid off for 2 months and I have paid all my fees. They are still taking money from me and not responding to me. They are shady and not to be trusted. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH them. You will be SORRY.

Freedom Debt Relief response

Original review: June 9, 2016

I was in debt. I saw a Freedom Debt Relief commercial on tv. I called, and I was treated with kindest, and respect, so I joined Freedom Debt Relief. They walked me through every step of the way, and helped me settle my debt. I highly recommend them. Thank you Freedom!

Original review: June 9, 2016

I started the program with Freedom Debt Relief in February 2016. I was afraid at first because this was something new for me. I never had gone through anything like this before. But I am so glad I stumbled upon that article on the internet that day. FDR staff from the beginning been helpful, polite and courteous. Would recommend them.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information