4.4/5 (2493 ratings)

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $15,000 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s 2020 study found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 24 to 45 months.

Pros

• No fees until settlement is reached
    • Successful track record
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery

Cons

• Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief is a good match for those with $15,000 or more in debt. Although its fees can range up to 25% of the settlement amount, it won’t charge these fees until some of your debt is settled.

Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

After attempting a new career field for my husband, we found ourselves in credit card debt that we could not handle. Freedom Debt Relief has allowed us to address this debt with dignity and still be able to move forward with our new future.

No response received
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have one debit that Freedom Debt Relief, have not responded to. Synchrony Bank for Care Credit have not had a respond from Freedom Debt Relief, and they constantly ask for a payment, because they have sent this bill to credit bureau. Please confirm that someone from your staff have contact Synchrony Bank, which is Care Credit.

Dear Ms. Birdwell,

We are sorry to hear about your recent interactions with your creditor. We would be more than happy to have someone reach out to you and discuss the status of your account and what the next steps are in the negotiations process. Is there typically a good time you can be reached at?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Everyone I have spoken to at Freedom has been so helpful. Everyone is always encouraging and seems genuinely happy that my debt is getting smaller. It makes me feel as if I am important to the people that work for Freedom and essentially for me as well.

Dear Ms. Glenn,

We are pleased to receive your review! We value all of our clients and we work hard between all departments to ensure that you feel that way as well! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I'm not that big in debt but so far they've managed to pay off 2 out of my 7 accounts. Customer service is excellent. Every time I call or email about a question they answer and give me peace of mind.

Dear Ms. Flores,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our Client Services department works hard to provide world class customer service, along with peace of mind, to all of our clients. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have enjoyed working with FDR... They are helping me pay off my credit cards. I appreciate all their hard work on my behalf! They are having me pay them, once a month, then they pay off my accounts. I do wish, however, that they would maybe pay off the smaller accounts first, then the larger ones. I think more accounts would be closed faster that way.

Dear Ms. Knight,

We appreciate your positive feedback and thank you for trusting Freedom Debt Relief to settle your debt! We do have particular strategy with the accounts we settle and why. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding the settlement process or your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Paid off several credit cards in nice time frame, a weight was lifted off my shoulders each time I was notified of a card being paid off. Saved a nice amount of money. Very happy with the way everything was handled. Was treated like a person. Always kept me updated.

Dear Mr. Peyton,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy to hear about the success you have had with Freedom Debt Relief! We strive to provide the best possible savings, along with a great experience, to all clients. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

It has been a great experience because I feel relieved to have my debts under control, thanks to you. All the customer service representatives are so helpful. When I have called, they help me solving the problems I have. I would recommend this program to a friend! Thank you so much for all your help.

Dear Ms. Valenzuela,

I am very pleased to hear about your positive experience with our company! We strive to provide word class customer service to all clients. We look forward to continuing to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The program seems to be straightforward even though a little slow. Nonetheless, it seems to be working out for me with my creditors. Overall, I have no complaints and I am kept informed. Not sure what my expectations were when I entered into this program.

Dear Mr. Koons,

We are grateful for your feedback! While we understand that the beginning stages of the program seem to take some time, we are glad you are now receiving settlements and seeing the savings and benefit of the program.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I would have never been able to get out of debt without the help of Freedom Debt Relief! They have always been helpful and easy to work with. It's been such a relief to have this help. The tools they have given me and the guidance has been wonderful. And I've paid off debt quicker than I thought I ever could!

Hello Ms. Byard,

Congratulations on your success in becoming debt free with Freedom Debt Relief! The tools and guidance we provide our clients helps them stay debt free as well!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Customer service has been awesome so far. I am pleased to see my debt dropping. I have been working a lot on it and I was getting nowhere. Thank you so much for what you have done to help me. I never had debt until I got hurt at work and had to pay bills with my cards to survive. Problem is now I am on disability and a fixed income. So hard to get ahead when you cannot make extra money to get things paid down. So working with you has been a blessing and I very much appreciate all you do.

Dear Mr. White,

Thank you for your phenomenal review of Freedom Debt Relief! We know that our clients have come to us during hardship, so to know how much we have helped alleviate the stress you were experiencing is great! We look forward to assisting you through graduation of your debt relief program!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have found Freedom Debt Relief to be the real thing. They have helped me tremendously. They have paid off one of my credit cards and are currently working on another. The way they have set this up for me, I will be free of debt in 2019.

Hello Ms. Overton,

Thank you for the positive feedback and congratulations on your first settlement! We are thrilled to have you as part of our Freedom family and look forward to your continued success within the program!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I think so far I have been pleased with your service. I on my way freedom from financial debt. I could not have done it without your help. I will tell all my friends if they are having financial hardship in the way the economy is going give Freedom Financial service a chance.

Dear Mr. Carr,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with our Client Services department and are grateful for your referrals to those around you who may be in need of our assistance. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Everybody has been extremely helpful and pleasant on the phone when I have called. I am kept up to date on what's happening with my account and I can check it out on the computer. Just wish the phone calls could be stopped from the creditors. Even after notifying them, and using the forms to close accounts, they call all hours of the day and night, every day including Sundays.

Dear Ms. Ahlers,

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to provide world class customer service to all of our clients and any questions or concerns you have during the process can be answered by our Client Services department. They will be able to answer any questions about excessive creditor calls.

Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

So far so good, seems to be making progress. It has been a huge help to me and Freedom helps take a lot of stress and burden off me. I highly recommend to someone in need. I will gladly refer Freedom to others. Customer support is very responsive and supportive to me.

Dear Mr. Head,

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to have you as a valued client in our program! We greatly appreciate your referrals to friends and family who may be struggling with debt. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for settling my debt. I can sleep at night knowing that my debt is being handled by the best in the business. Cannot wait to get my credit score back up to where it should be.

Dear Ms. Manns,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are very happy to know that you have found debt relief, along with stress relief, by being a client of Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Whenever I have a question they are answered and whether I call or email I have had excellent service. The process of getting myself back on track has been swift. The website is very helpful and easy to navigate. Everything is right there for myself to be successful.

Hello Mr. Benkert,

Thank you for your great review! Our Client Services department strives to provide world class customer service to all of our clients and we are pleased to hear this has been your experience. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have been very satisfied with the help I have received from Freedom Debt Relief. They have been supportive of my financial issues and have helped me stay focused. I would definitely recommend them to others. I feel confident about reaching my financial goals and with their help know I will reach them.

Dear Mr. Edwards,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We are thrilled that you feel relieved with our assistance! We look forward to your success within the program!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

So far have had one debt paid off, slow and steady. Would like the process to be faster, but I can't complain. If there were anything I would change, it would be a much faster process. FDR negotiate debt and pay it all while continuing to collect.

Dear Mr. Manzini,

Thank you for your review! We understand that sometimes the program feels like it is going slower than anticipated, however we do have a strategy for these situations and we appreciate your patience and understanding. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Great support and communication throughout the process thus far. The experience of the Freedom Debt Relief staff has made a difficult situation much easier to deal with. We now have a goal with a workable means to reach it. Hope for a better future. Always makes dealing with today's issues so much better. Many thanks to Freedom Debt relief.

Dear Mr. Carpenter,

We appreciate your review and are ecstatic to hear of the experience you are having thus far! We strive to ensure all of our clients feel as valued at you do! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I am so pleased that Betsy was the representative that called me today. She was so patient and helpful to me during the call. I had so many questions and everyone was answered so I understood how everything was going to work. She made me feel like a real person and not just someone she had to call because I filled out your forms. I am so happy that Betsy called me today. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Dear Mr. Costanzo,

Thank you for your review! We are glad that Betsy was able to reach out to you and hope that you find Freedom Debt Relief to be the answer to any debt problems you are experiencing! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Besty was such a pleasure to work with. She was so very friendly and explained everything very well and made me feel like I was making the right choice. She was beyond great. She was amazing. I would totally recommend you to family or friends.

Dear Mr. Ladd,

Thank you for your kind review! We're happy to hear Betsy was able to assist you and answer all of your questions. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

F.D.R. came through for me just when I was at lowest. The customer service team is exceptional. They constantly keep me updated on the status of my account. I feel like every month I get closer to my financial freedom. Give it a try.

Dear Ms. Hadley,

Thank you for your great review! Our team of highly trained client advocates are always eager to assist and I am pleased to hear that you have received the utmost customer service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have been very happy with the service so far. I am excited to get out of debt. Thank you for all your help. Everyone has been very helpful. I would and have told many of my friends about your service and how it could help them. This has been a smart thing to do.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have never been as comfortable and trusting allowing anyone to handle my debts. In the past I have taken out loans. Didn't work well. With Freedom Debt Relief I took the suggestions and options given. I now don't have to stress about bills, I leave it in their hands. What a relief. I have even recommended Freedom Debt Relief to two co-workers. They are now clients.

Dear Mr. Nishimura,

Thank you for your phenomenal review! We are ecstatic to hear about your wonderful experience with Freedom Debt Relief and we are very grateful for your referrals! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Whenever I need to contact Freedom Debt Relief, my experience has always been a great customer experience. The representatives are always professional and tend to the needs of making sure you reach your debt free goals. I recommend Freedom Debt Relief to anyone who want to become debt free.

Dear Mr. Smith,

We are delighted to receive your review! We work hard to provide world class customer service to each client. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I am glad that I worked with a representative Marcus. Listened my situation quite well and understand how I felt in my hardship and came up with solution. Also Marcus worked out with my budget and came out with my solution according to my Budget.

Dear Mr. Rasheed,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very pleased to hear about the exceptional service that your Account Executive provided you and we are confident that this will continue throughout the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was very comfortable dealing with Freedom. They were very thorough and kind and informative. It was a pleasure talking to the agents that I spoke with. They put me at ease and made sure I understood everything we discussed. My parents dealt with them a few years back and were very pleased with their service and the help they received, that is why I called the same company.

Hello Ms. Koury,

Thank you for your outstanding review! We take great pride in providing world class customer service to all of our clients and making sure they have the best possible experience while in the program.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

My adviser was Daniel **. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend to a friend. He was extremely efficient and I received everything instantly. He also assisted in my signing documents and was very patient. He also promised to be there for me during the transition.

Dear Ms. Swiderski,

We are so pleased to hear about your experience with our program thus far, specifically with your Account Executive. We look forward to continuing the great experience through completion of your debt relief program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

BIGGEST SCAM EVER. THEY DO NOTHING BUT TAKE YOUR MONEY. YOU CAN DO WHAT THEY DO FOR HALF THE COST. HERE IS HOW: Stop making your payments and save the money to offer a settlement. After 6 months the credit card depts. will go to collections. With the money (payments you didn't make but saved) you can make a settlement offer for 1/3 the amount owed. You will take many calls from your credit card companies. Tell them what happened to you and why you can't pay. Be brave. This part is hard. However if you sign up the Freedom Debt Relief you will have the same things to deal with only they will take 21% off the top of your payments before your debts are paid. Example say you owe $10,000. You will need $3000 after 6 months so save $500 a month. Once your debt goes to a collection company you can offer them $3000 and they will probably take it.

If you sign up for Freedom Debt Relief, they will agree to the $3000 however they will take their $2100 out of your $3000 for themselves, give $900 to the collection company and make payments of $500 a month for the next 5 months (cause they have a lot of fees and payment costs along the way). Don't pay them for what you can do yourself!!!!! My experience was terrible. I had to deal with 6 months of phone calls with no help from them because the credit card companies won't talk to them. They wouldn't reduce my monthly payments even when I didn't have enough to pay for food.

Dear Ms. Bradley,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with Freedom Debt Relief. While we do assess settlement fees on settled accounts, we also negotiate settlements on accounts far below what creditors are willing to offer clients who settle on their own. As a member of our executive services department, I would like the opportunity to review your account and discuss a resolution to your concerns. Is there a preferred time that I may be able to reach out to you?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

They were very helpful, kind to my situation, and gave me a lot of peace of mind. They were able to offer me a solution to my debts that allow me to breathe easy for the first time in a really long time.

Hello Ms. Castellanos,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We work very hard to ensure our clients are able to receive not only debt relief, but also stress relief, as we want the program to feel easy for everyone. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Freedom Debt Relief Company Information