Debt Relief Network

Addison, TX

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In March of 2010 I contracted with Debt Relief Network (DRN) to have them help me negotiate lower pay offs on five credit cards after a divorce. I set up a payment structure and religiously made my payments. My monies were going to a company on their behalf called "Note World aka Meracord." Well in the spring of 2013, the Feds shut them down (you can look it up on the internet). What was left in my account was transferred to another depository called Global Solutions. Over the course of the first three years they did not even attempt to settle any of my accounts. I eventually settled with three of them myself with funds I had on hand (not in my account with DRN) and the fourth was with Chase Bank and they wrote it off and gave me a 1099 for over $13,000 which was the balance I owed them.

This left only one account with DRN which was Discover Card. I owed Discover about $6,500.00. I did not know this, but they entered into an agreement with Discover to send them an initial check of $810 from my account and six additional payments of $200.00 each for six months. They paid them a total of $2,010 from my money in the account. They sent Discover's attorneys (Zwicker and Associates) the first check on March 28, 2012 and the last check on September 28, 2012.

I finally called DRN in March of 2014 and they said that they had settled the account with Discover and congratulated me on successfully completing their program. They issued me a refund check in the amount of $1,225.00 which was the balance in my account. I did ask them why they didn't call me after they settled with Discover but could not explain why not. I then went to see my local Mortgage Broker and we pulled a credit report but Discover was still showing this account in a collection status. I called DRN and they said that was impossible in so far as they settled with them. I then did a credit dispute with Equifax, Experian and Trans Union and when all three reports came back they showed I still owed them over $6.000. I called DRN and they said that was impossible, that the account was settled. I asked them for a copy of the final settlement agreement and it stated that they were to send the initial $810 and the six $200 payments and they would review my account after those payments were made.

DRN told me they had a verbal note only in my file that the Discover was settled. I called Discover myself, they referred me to their Attorney firm of Zwicker and Associates who refused to talk to me saying I was not their client, that DRN was. After that, beginning at the end of April, 2014 I, with the help of my Mortgage Broker, continuously sent emails asking them for a complete account of exactly where the $8,741 I paid them over the course of four years went to. They said that since Note World/Meracord had shut down they could not produce any records but they had the records for Global Financial Solutions and they sent me a print out from May of 2013 to March of 2014. I told them that was impossible and being the company I hired, they should be able to send a complete detailed history of every payment I made and all of the funds going out. Since I paid in a total of $8,741 and they only paid out $2,010 and refunded to me $1,223, there was still $5,508.00 unaccounted for. After they could not produce the detailed records, I reached out to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) who is the Federal agency that regulates Debt Management Companies.

After two months I followed up on my complaint with them and they said they didn't know what to do with it and they sent it to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). I called the FTC the next week and they could not find the complaint the CFPB said they forwarded to them. I then filed a new complaint, waited two weeks and called them and they said that the information was entered into a data bank so their staff could monitor complaints. What's with that? I thought they were the stiff arm of the law. The agent at the FTC said I should reach out to the State of Oregon Consumer Protection Bureau where I live and the State of Florida with DRN is located and then I submitted my two formal complaints. As of this date I have never heard back from the State of Florida Attorney General who accepts consumer complaints. After I filed the complaint with the State of Oregon Attorney General, they turned my complaint over to the "State of Oregon Division of Finance and Corporate Securities" who licenses and approves Debt Management Companies that do business in Oregon. And I was contacted by a "Financial Examiner" from this division who sent a letter to DRN and Brite Solutions asking them to explain what had transpired, and asking them why they were doing business in Oregon when they were not licensed.

Ultimately through this agencies efforts I received an initial refund check from them for $4,300 around November 6, 2014 and was just notified today that they are refunding the balance of $4,441 which is the total of what I paid them over the course of four years. The State of Oregon (this specific division) were my saving grace. I would encourage each individual that has had a similar problem with either Debt Relief Network and/or Brite Solutions, Inc., to contact their Consumer Protection Bureau for their state and make a complaint this way. Do not mess around with the Federal Agencies. They did nothing for me. I do not need you to contact them on my behalf, as I have been made whole and am simply letting the others who have similar complaints, that their State Attorney General's Office and/or the Division within each state that has jurisdiction over Debt Management Companies to send their complaints there first.

I would also encourage them to reach out to the Debt Management Company and obtain copies of all of their records they have (including a detailed account history of all monies going in and out of the account). Make sure you keep each correspondence with them (email, letter, etc.,) to provide the State in the event they needed it. In my case I gave the State of Oregon only my original complaint/statement in their online complaint system/form, however, did not have to produce these items (although I was prepared to do so). When I did receive a call from DRN and Brite Solutions attorney I told him I could provide these to him and he said that was unnecessary as he had copies of all of the email I sent them. Bottom line, if you feel you have been wronged and/or ripped off, file a complaint but make sure you back it up with amounts and dates. I checked the angry stars below, but I feel extremely happy now that I have been paid full restitution for all monies paid. Now to work on my credit (which is much worse now, than it was before I entered into my original agreement). Also you will note that above I listed two names: Debt Relief Network, Inc., and Brite Solutions Financial, Inc., which is owned by the same company and perform the same type of service(s).

This company continues to call even when I have asked hundreds of times to be put on the do not call list. They outsource their call list and therefore think they are good. Well I found a cure. Call them on their lines 305-501-2698, 786-294-6334 or 877-617-3328. Instead of trying to talk to these idiots, play extremely loud music back at them. If you get a recording, play your music until the recording stops and then call back a few times. Load down the voicemail and maybe they will learn not to call when people ask to be placed on the do not call list!

Get this automated call to stop. I get seven calls in four days all the time on and on and on. And they just won't stop calling me! The phone number they call from is 360-.

They will not quit calling me. I have asked to speak to a supervisor and be put on the do not call list. I have blocked their number and they keep calling me with different numbers. They repeatedly hang up on me and they are very rude when I ask them to quit calling me. I ask for a website to look up their company information and they hang up on me. They call me everyday and I am sick of it. Quit trying to scam money from honest working people and go get an honest job and leave the rest of us alone!

I have no credit card and did not solicit this company. They call once a week on my cell phone and leave pre-recorded messages on my voice mail, which is illegal. Each time, I block the number through my wireless carrier and they just call from another number. I have logged various complaints on **, but they don't investigate the complaints; they just use them to see how many people complained, if the company is under investigation.

The pre-recorded message prompts you to press "1" if you want to be put on their "Do Not Call" list. It tells you you will be removed within 72 hours, which is a lie. If you press "2" to learn about their service, you either get a busy signal, the same pre-recorded message or it says the voice mailbox is full. Twice, I received a live person and asked to be removed from the list. They gave the 72 hour speech and when I said I'd heard it before, they hung up on me.

I finally answered the call and spoke to Brittany and later Brooke, her supervisor. I said I was interested in using their service, just to get the company name and their names.

I'm appalled that nothing can be done while this company continues to harass me and break the law by leaving a pre-recorded message and call after they've been asked to remove me from their list.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Relief Network?

I keep getting calls on my cell phone several times a day, but when I try to call back all I get is a busy signal. Today, they called at 4:57, 4:56, 4:50, and 11:33. Today was by far the most aggressive day. The phone number they are using isn't real, it's a spoofed number. I just happened to have my phone the last time they called and answered. They said that they were following up with me. I told them I never signed up with them and they said, "Sorry for the inconvenience," and hung up.

Fraud! They have hidden fees that they don't tell you about until it is too late. They sell you over the phone that they will guarantee 45% off what you owe in unsecured credit card Debt. So I signed up with the understanding that I would pay $900/month for 18 months and I understood that the 1st 3 payments would go to Debt Relief Network for their fees. What I was not told is that they would charge me $155/month and a additional charge of 25% of what they save me. When you do the math, they are really only saving you 15 to 20%!

Credit is now gone and they have taken over $3500 of my money. I am asking for it back due to the hidden fees that they now have made me aware of. I even offered to give them $500 to them for there trouble, but I think they are going to say that all the info was is the agreements that I have signed. Please if there is any advice on what I can do or if you think that I can build a case. I am very interested in learning on what I can do.

Ryan called several times asking for my husband, after he found out what times he wasn't home. He started asking my daughters if he could talk with them and be their friend, where they went to school, how old they were, when their parents come home, when they go home from school, what their cell phone number is. After I had spoken with him, he called again and said "you don't do everything your mom tells you to, do you?". This company we have dealt with in the past, we got the runaround on questions. This man called 10x yesterday to speak with my daughter.

Be really careful with the name you are posting. I am dealing with Debt Relief Network. The postings I have read so far which are titled "Debt Relief Network" are complaints concerning other companies with similar names. So, I don't see any complaints about this exact name.

I received a 'Notice of Overpayment' from Debt Relief Advisory with website including my name. I was curious so I pulled the site up to find out that the company was National Debt Relief. I think this may be a scam. There was no damage as of this date, 1-28-2010. I wanted to report a possible scam.

Our phone in El Paso was called by Julie from this company stating that she was looking at our credit information and that we qualified for assistance from my Debt Relief Network. I called the company back today to ask what information of mine they had access to. The girl that I spoke to on the phone walked completely around the issue claiming that their company had no access to my information. I then told the woman to let me talk to a supervisor. I was transferred and a woman named Aimee answered the phone. As I tried to explain to Aimee that I had been a victim of identify theft and that they had no business with my information, she immediately began talking over me, ignoring what she was being told. I told the woman she needed to listen, after which she told me she did not and hung up.

I called the organization back and was sent back to the same person, Aimee, and was informed there was no one else to talk to. I informed her that I planned on calling the Attorney General's Office and file an official complaint against them which is exactly what I plan on doing.

When you pick up, the voice says "My name is... and you called about help to get out of debt. You said that you have around $25,000 debt and see how we can help." I then pushed #1 to ask them to place me on the do-not-call list 2-3 times, and I am still getting calls in the am, noon, and pm disturbing my family. I would like the calls to stop and also do not understand why they have a recorded voice saying false things when they call. Is that legal?

They have about $1000 of my money, which they deduct from my bank account; and I cannot reach them. They stopped taking money, but their phone line is a recording and I have been trying to reach them without success. I do not want to be a client anymore, and I want my money back! I am getting ready to get my car repossessed, and my bills are piling up. Creditors call every minute of the day.

I saw the ad on TV and called them and signed a contract. Now, I am being sued, and they are closed. I need my money back to settle with my creditors. I owe more now and am being sued. I am under so much stress; I can't take much more.

These people call leaving a message on my answering machine discussing my credit card debt and accumulated interest fees and then CLEARLY state: "I have your records here in our data base," couched in a sentence FULLY implying that they are presently looking at my credit card history... which I find offensive and I am wondering how they have gotten the info. So I returned the call and they claimed to be a non-profit organization and proceed to hem and haw when I ask them questions about how they acquired said records. They are, at this point in my call, a little impatient and pissed and I sense they are feeling as though I am taking up their time (=money) making them answer questions that do not seem hopeful for closing a sale (What sale? They have clearly stated they are non-profit?). Furthermore, they sound aggressively defensive on the phone...

What kind of a non-profit organization behaves like this? The misrepresentation on the answering machine is fraud and the hard sales approach on the follow up call is suspicious and clearly not a charitable organization and it is clear that these are bad guys. I have no recourse, but I am grateful for sites like yours that can accumulate bad experiences and if need be, bundle and act upon them. Thanks.

I was contacted by computer calling. I was told if not interested in the service to press 2 to be removed from their calling list. When I pressed 2, the call was redirected to a customer service person. I was told it would take 3 to 4 days before my number would be removed. I wanted to be removed immediately. I was treated very negatively when I asked for a direct number. They said the 1-888 was the only direct number. I googled this organization and found many serious complaints across the US about this company. I informed them of what was on the internet concerning their complaints that they never addressed. I then informed them that I was going to complain to the US Attorney General to shut them down. Thanks.

I chose Debt Relief Network to possibly help me out on my credit problems. On my initial phone call I specifically told them I looking for debt consolidating service, so I was told I have to put 300 down so on & so forth, calculated how long it will be paid off. After paying about 5 months my creditors are still calling so I called & check with Debt Relief Network to check on the status of my accounts & surprisingly I was told that the money I'm giving them will go to a trust fund till it reaches a certain amount of money before they even pay my creditors. Now I have a very bad credit & on collection, after re-thinking everything I've decided to cancel my account with them, made a call, told them I want to cancel. No questions asked the representative E. ** just said, "Ok no prob I'll email the cancellation notice."

After a minute I got it. I really feel that this Debt Relief Networks is a scam. Trying to make money off people who already are on bad credit situation. Customer service is very poor. All in all I wasted around 1500 dollars. Please help spread the words & do not trust this guys (Debt-Relief-Network or DRN). It will waste your time, money & your credit will get worse. I'm now with Debt Free America who are great, the follow-ups they call you, etc, explain everything. Debt Relief Network is really nothing compared to these guys.

yes this company told us that if we inrolled in there program that we would not have any debt in 5 years and all they did was get us in futher debt with the credit card companys as they did settle one and we have done the rest and now they are tired of trying and they said they would send the money that we had to settle with back but what about the fees that we paid for there services that they did not render as promised and when you call them to ask why they tell me that there is some sort of clause that more less lets them steal from the public is this the way that it is done in ca. the woman that was in charge of our account was kimberly as she quit and now some woman named beth is in charge and she is the one that says that the clause in there contract lets them keep there fees and not have to refund them or do what they say they will do.

We were in debt more than we thought we could handle so we decided to go with debt relief to try get some bills paid off sooner because we were on disability. We were not informed that we had to pay them a high fee before they would try to settle any of our cards. They never contacted me I always had to contact them. They told me we had to pay 700.00 dollars up front this was the firsr 3 months.

We were still getting calls from our creditors. They said thier calls were never returned from the creditors. We have been with them 8 months and they took 250.00 a month from my bank account. They paid one account for me for 647.00. We have already recieved 2 summons from 2 of our cards. They keep saying they usually don't settle off until 2yrs are up.By then we will be sued on all accounts and eat up with late chages and overlimit fees. I can't see where we will be saving anything.

Our credit has been ruined now we can't even get help and don't know who to trust anymore. I hope that this may keep someone else from losing more money. I also dont understand how all these people involved in debt relief was also involved in tax relief and other debt relief programs. Dana Spear, Beth Whitaker,Arron Carr and several more.

This company promised me that after 48 months of paying them 168.00 per month, that my debt would be finished and settled. I have been paying them for one year now. I started paying them on June 6 2006. 2 months prior to today i got a summons from a attorney that i owe a bill to (CitiBank). I faxed these papers and other correspondence to this debt relief company and was told everything was going to be okay and i would here back from debt relief.

I was called today, 06/05/2007, and was informed that they were closing my case and i was to contact the attorney for CitiBank to arrange payments of 150.00 per month. I now face garnishment and bank forfeiture from this attorney. This company is also keeping all but 100.00 of the money i sent them since last June 6 2006. Which totals:1,848.00. On my contract they state that 29.95 would be deducted per month for their fee and the rest would go into a fund to assist in settling my debt. I was then told this was not the case, and that they get their up front money (Fee) first, then start saving for my settlement.

My contract was for 48 months and and is now terminated for which they collected the fee for 48 months. I feel they not only lied to me about settling this matter but are also keeping 36 months of the 29.95 fee to which they are not entitled to. And in no way helped me settling this debt and made matters worse for me with the credit card company and now have a attorney involved in this matter.

I was lied to from the very beginning and unfortunately i have signed papers to this debt relief company of which i do not fully understand. I have enough problems at home, i have a handicapped wife and child i have to care for. That is why i had to quit my job and get a lower paying one closer to home to care for them. And just found out my wife now has muscular dystrophy. That is why i signed up with this debt relief program to help alleviate some of my bills so i could take care of my family.

i was in debt, heard commercials advertising that this company could eliminate up to 60% of my debt, reduce the payments, etc.
i contacted them, was sent a contract, and
was told that i was accepted and that they would take care of my debts by contacting those credit card companies that i owed.

i would send them two initial payments that would secure their services, (approximately $1700), at that point they would be dealing with the card companies. i was told to basically ignore the calls from the creditors.

i repeatedly called debt relief america to ask if they had at least contacted the credit card companies and spoke with them. i was shuffled about and never was given any information other than not

to worry. one of the card companies threatened court proceedings and i had to pay them in fear of beinging sued.

i again called debt relief and heard nothing for about 5 days. phone calls continued from the credit card companies and i contacted another that was threatening court action. that card company told me that debt relief of america was not the type of company that could settle my accounts favorably and that i would have adverse marks against my credit for up to 7 years. i cancelled my contract with debt relief of america and now am with a credit resolution company that is taking care of my debt monthly.

unfortunately for me, i lost the approx $1700.00 sent to debt relief of america as this was their non-refundable administration fee. in addition, the interest and late fees went up on the credit cards and an additional approx. $3000.00 was accrued.

i now have no credit, am unable to get credit, and as i am self employed am hard pressed to make the monthly payments on just about everything. while it was entirely my fault for mismanagement of my credit cards and inability to baudget, the monies lost dealing with debt relief america have not helped. i truely believe that i was scammed in the long run and if not scammed, then not told the exact way this company operates.

either way i am out a sizeable chunk of money which, with a son just starting college, has put me in quite a hole. i personally feel this company has taken advantage of me when i was desperate and can not help but feel that others have similar experiences.

I enrolled in this program October 2003, I've been paying them US 404.00 after the fees they charged me to open my account... from those 404.00 they take about 60.00 or more for their managing fees... They promised me they were going to get better settlements with my creditors than I could... well so far none of my accounts have been settled, I have a garnishment petition against me, and the best offer for a settlement ever gotten so far is been an offer for 50% that I got, and when I passed it to them to mak ethe payment... they couldn't take it!!!... now the best they have been able to do in this account is an 80%... and they still want me to pay them more...!!...

Debt Relief Network Company Profile