ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions

Atlanta, GA

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They were supposed to contact the bank and address my concerns with the mortgage. After much discussion and exchange of e-mails and letters, Ms. T did make a call to the bank with me on the line. We got nowhere and she went on vacation and left someone to care of my file and I was ignored on no less than 4 different time. Mr. Walter D, an 'expert' and supervisor contacted me and after much discussion with my questions, he agreed that he was to blame for not following through and promised me that he would call me in 24 hrs. to discuss my letters and declaration of income and expense I had submitted and to call the bank and try to adress the issue of my default. He failed to call me and I have not heard from him or anyone in their office.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Clearpoint Credit Counseling is a non-profit, education-focused credit counseling firm committed to teaching consumer’s better money management skills. The 50-year-old firm offers budget, debt and housing advice. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has more than 40 branches nation-wide.

• Services: Clearpoint offers budget, credit and bankruptcy counseling. They also provide housing programs for those having difficulty paying their mortgage payments. They offer a debt management program (DMP) solution as well.
  • Specialty offerings: Clearpoint has a free Hispanic Center for Financial Excellence and a Military Reconnect offering for these specific populations.
  • Debt management program: The DMP gives students lowered interest rates and fees, greater principal payments with less interest and faster repayment time.
  • Education: The company places a great emphasis on education and aims to provide their customers with debt management educational resources. Their resource center includes interactive tools, e-books, podcasts, articles and podcasts to help with money and debt management.
  • Contact: Online, phone and in person services are available.
  • Fees: The transparent fee structure is listed prominently on the company website.
  • Free services: Clearpoint provides budget and credit counseling, post-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention counseling, rental counseling, Hispanic Center for Financial Excellence and many additional free educational resources.
  • Best for Individuals looking for counseling and educational resources, consumers with excessive debt and those concerned about foreclosure or bankruptcy.

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies