ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions
Need a debt consolidation company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2009

1 ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2009

They were supposed to contact the bank and address my concerns with the mortgage. After much discussion and exchange of e-mails and letters, Ms. T did make a call to the bank with me on the line. We got nowhere and she went on vacation and left someone to care of my file and I was ignored on no less than 4 different time. Mr. Walter D, an 'expert' and supervisor contacted me and after much discussion with my questions, he agreed that he was to blame for not following through and promised me that he would call me in 24 hrs. to discuss my letters and declaration of income and expense I had submitted and to call the bank and try to adress the issue of my default. He failed to call me and I have not heard from him or anyone in their office.

ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Clearpoint Credit Counseling is a non-profit, education-focused credit counseling firm committed to teaching consumers better money management skills. Founded in 1964, the firm offers budget, debt and housing advice. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and has more than 40 branches nation-wide.

• Services: Clearpoint offers budget, credit and bankruptcy counseling. They also provide housing programs for those having difficulty paying their mortgage payments. They offer a debt management program (DMP) solution as well.

• Specialty offerings: Clearpoint has a free Hispanic Center for Financial Excellence and a Military Reconnect program.

• Debt management program: The DMP gives clients lowered interest rates and fees, greater principal payments with less interest and faster repayment time.

• Educational resources: The company emphasizes the importance of education and provides their customers with debt management educational resources like interactive tools, e-books, podcasts and articles.

• Contact: Clients can access customer support online, on the phone and in person.

• Free counseling: Prospective clients have access to a free credit counseling session that includes a free credit report review and free FICO score.

• Transparency: Clearpoint keeps all its fees transparent. Clients are not subject to hidden or surprising fees.

• Best for: individuals with excessive debt looking for counseling and educational resources.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg