Clear Debt Solution

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bad News company. The rep tried to manipulate the contract so the monthly payment came out of my bank account the same day. I read the contract and he said he changed the date but never did. Contacted them to cancel the contract. Signed a section RIGHT TO CANCEL and he told me I did not have to initial it. I did to protect myself. Went to bank to stop payment. Company used a different name to withdraw funds from my bank account and was successful even with the stop payment on my account. They lied to me saying they were with the BBB and are not. Told me many lies throughout the process. Do not trust this company to repair your credit. They will destroy it. Run fast!

Their promise about helping you building your credit is totally false. There is no actual customer service, they use voice over ip service which you never be able to locate their actual location and when you try to call them back for some assistance, is almost impossible to reach them. Don't put your hope and your trust in these people.

Clear Debt said that if I paid them, my credit would be clear up within 6 months and then my perfectly good credit score would decline, then rise again. They convinced my husband of this and he decided we had to do whatever we could to clear it up. It never happened. We still have creditors calling, we still have bad credit. Since my credit got destroyed, I have not been able to do anything credit worthy in my name and my husband in the process got his credit destroyed. We can't move or buy vehicles or get financing for the dentist even for the kids, not to mention, I can’t even get a divorce because I don’t know anyone that would even rent to me!

My wife and I signed up to have several credit card accounts managed and negotiated to be paid off. We paid them a total of $3,700.00 and absolutely nothing was done! I received a call today from a third party owner of one of the accounts that nothing has been paid and no contact to the original creditor was ever made on our behalf by CDR! Now, the account is over $18,000 and they wanted their money yesterday!

I tried to call CDR today and the call cannot be completed as directed. I was never notified that this company was going out of business! I am willing to join any class action suit. These jerks need to pay! I need my money back!

I entered the program in December 2006, it's now February 2010 and I'm still in deep debt. I paid the company over $12,000.00 to get out of debt. Go figure, I did most of the work myself. All but one card sued me. I was a staple with the court system. Liens on my home and etc. with no help from them! When you first come on, they act like they are there for you, willing to work with you, and help get you out of debt! Lies! Once they get your money, you are all alone.

Can't believe what has happened. Lost my job, big bills and no money yet. I was paying them everything, I had to help and I could have done better my self. At least, I could have paid someone $12,000.00! I should have bankrupted my business. Don't do it, save yourself, talk to your creditors and don't do what I did, over 3 years later, you will still be in trouble!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clear Debt Solution?

Back in March of 2008 I entered into a contract for debt relief with ClearDebt Results. I first spoke with a Robert Till, then a Patrick Schlosser, then I was passed to James Callahan, then again to Tiffany Shrum, all who appear to no longer work at this company. This company has taken $1300 dollars from me, provided no service as they say they were going to and they have a comapny called Noteworld Service Center continue to take $100 a month directly out of my check. I want answers as to why they aren't taking care of these credit issues as they stated they would.

None of these creditors have been paid and I continue to get harrassing phone calls.

Started the Clear Debt Solutions program in April of 2006. I was in about 16,000.00 credit card debt between 5 different cards. Clear Debt Solutions Promised to take my debt and cut it into about 1/2 if not more. Their fee was 10% of my total debt. I had to pay most of this up front. The remaining money went into a third party bank which charged me 7.00 a month besides my payment to Clear Debt. Per the program I was to send a letter to all credit card companies closing the accounts and to have them contact Clear Debt Solutions in regards to my accounts since they now had power of attorney.

I did this and the creditors then proceeded to call me from 8 am till 9 pm everyday including Sundays. Between all the creditors I would over 60 phone calls a day from these people. Because when they would get the answering machine they would hang up and call again 2 minutes later. I called Clear Debt numerous times about this situation and was informed not to pick up the phone or ever talk to them. The credit card companies then started to call me at work and contact family members with the same last name. So needless to say my entire extended family heard about my debt problems. Clear Debt finally settled one of my accounts after about six months. They settled it for about 50%. But rather go after one of the accounts with the highest balance they went after the ones with the smallest balance the ones who didn't call me but every few weeks. They did not settle with the big accounts like Capital One, Wells Fargo, or Chase until the small ones were settled. Needless to say I received my first lawsuit 9 months into the program. My sister who also decided to join this program ended up with 3 lawsuits and she was only in the program for 3 months.

I finally got fed up and called to see how much money I had to pay them to get my accounts cleared. They gave me the amount and I took the money out of my profit sharing account because my credit history was already in ruins. After this they were only able to settle 3 more of my accounts some at only 20% which in the end was the same amount I originally owed on some of the accounts since I had accumulated some many over the limit and late fees. My last account which was Capital One is still not settled due to them underestimating the amount of total payoff. They said if I wanted to continue paying more into there account they maybe able to get it settled but they would not be able to give a quote on how much more. In the end I now have my paycheck garnished by Capital One. Not to mention I originally only owed Capital One only about 3800.00 and now I owe them over 7200.00.

Clear Debt does get rid of your debt. In my case I have no credit now and wonder if I will ever get my history in order.

My credit history when I first started the program was at 700 it now is in the 200's. So in the end I went from 16,000 in debt to 15,010. Clear debt saved me $90.00 to date but I didn't take in the fact the extra 800.00 in taxes for removing money from my 401K. So in reality they saved me nothing and cost me my credit history and a couple of years of my 401k.

Three years ago, I contracted the services of Clear Debt Solution to negotiate and reduce my credit card debt. Per the agreement, I made monthly payments to a third-party account for use in the debt settlement. Over $3000 was collected up front by CDS and Noteworld Service Center, the party in control of my account. At the end of the program, for which I had contributed $317 per month for over two years, only one account was settled by CDS.

When a second creditor sued, CDS did not respond to my requests for information in a timely manner. After I lost the suit, my account was wiped out, plus I had to pay more, to pay the court-ordered settlement. Three accounts remained unsettled. As I had made no payments nor attempts to communicate with the credit card companies, per my agreement with CDS, each balance had doubled over the two years.

As I see it, these people made $3000 and I became deeper in debt than when I started.

It is just as you decribe on the front page they promise to work with your creditors and lower the balance put money in a trust account but with most of the first payments for there service fee and is not refundable. I was told they would work with creditors

To start off we where to send pomer of attorney letters to all creditor but not to citi bank my wife called and asked about the letter to at&t because the address was the same as citi bank but she was told to send it anyway. later on they tell me to call at&t and tell them it was sent by mistake.

they found out they where part of citi bank and I asked about citi bank and they told me they can get aggreesive sometimes they new from the beginning about citi bank but mislead me to add the 2 accounts I was current and a 1.9% interest rate was with both but they sad that they would raise there rate the same as the others did and I needed to add them in now. the 2 mbna accounts called me and offered to settle them both for 25% and needed a answer the next day so I fax the offers to clear debt and called the next day to see if they where real but the fax some how was lost and mbna never contacted clear debt so I excepted the offer and made the payments on my own and still kept making payments to clear debt for the $1.056.00 figuring it would help build the reserves for the other accounts things looked good till citi bank took me to court now clear debt says they can't give me legal advise.

I went to court and citi bank won the judgment for 100% I now make payments to the monthly on that account and at the same time at&t was taking me to court also so clear debt helped settle them for 75% and I payed them off from the reserve account but now it used all that was saved in it and finally there is a chase account that started out at 43.000.00 and now is about 50.000.00 now they tell me the 75% offer from them is the best they can do and they will call if something changes.I had a Ed martinez and a Amanda that where taking care of my case personnally and once thing started messing up they would not return phone calls and would pass me off to the next person who is Tim this time and he tells me to be able to help lower the settlement offer is to put more money in the trust account this company has misled me in there sales pitch. knew about citi banks aggressive actions but still had me add them to the package and now after they collected about $10.000.00 in fees and I still have the largest account left they just pass me from one person to another. I would like to help other people to keep them from getting ripped off from companys like this. this is the short version of the bull crap clear debt has caused I plan to start a full version with names and numbers to post on the internet with my email address for questions to help others from getting taken like I was. thanks for the chance to tell some of my experiance.

Same story. They promised to help pay/reduce my debt and all they managed to do was ruin my credit. My accounts were in good standing at the time and they advised me to stop paying them and not to return phone calls from creditors. Six month later I check my credit and it's almost ruined.

I paid them 3,000.00 and never got the result/service they promised. They have ruined my credit.

Clear Debt Solution Company Profile