2. Finance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Take a Debt Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Founded in 2012, Century is an American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) accredited company and our debt settlement program is an alternative to credit counseling, debt consolidation or bankruptcy. Our mission is to provide high-quality, professional negotiation services to our clients and work with them closely until they achieve financial freedom. CNI will not charge clients a fee for its services until the debt is settled, consistent with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rule. Let our expert staff of negotiators help you work towards a solution. Call today to learn more!

Century Negotiations Learn More

Take a Debt Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Century Negotiations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Negotiations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Negotiations?

Original review: July 26, 2010

I was looking for a company to help us settle our debts to make the monthly payments easier. But I ended up getting ripped off by two companies instead. They made it sound so good, to be able to settle your debts for you for less than what you owed. I initially applied for debt consolidation with fast track debt relief and the company partners with Century Negotiations Inc. to do all settlements. Basically, these companies charged me about 1500.00 monthly to handle the accounts.

They did absolutely nothing, but gave bad advice. They tell you first of all to stop paying your creditors. Stop paying your credit cards so that the credit cards company will settle with you, so you look like you are really having a hard time paying your bills. I was told that if my accounts were current (being paid monthly) there was nothing they could do. I was current with all my accounts until they gave me this horrible advice. I didn't know any better and was desperate so I listened. It ended up really messing up my credit (they tell you this up front). They told me not to pay so from May until December I didn't. They call this letting your account mature. I got repeated calls and mail from the creditors trying to collect. The customer service people from CNI were very reassuring that everything was going to be fine.

At about 5 - 6 months, after not paying the monthly bills, the creditors charge off the account. Meaning they send to collections which is usually a law firm, that will file a law suit against you if you don't get into a settlement with them (Monthly payment arrangement). The whole time the debt settlement companies just collected their monthly fee of $1500.00. They did absolutely nothing for you. They were supposed to be building up and saving your money, so when your creditors finally reduced your payments they would settle the account your debt settlement company would have some money to pay for your account. Well between Century and Fast track debt relief, they took their fees up front.

So there was no money built up to settle. On top of it Bank of America, Chase, American express, etc. All these companies would not settle or even speak to any debt relief company or their representative. I only realized this because John a Bank of America customer service person explained it all to me. We fired the debt settlement company soon after. I had to take the loss, or else it would be even more wasted money. I was stuck and ended up settling all my accounts by myself.

Don't use any debt settlement company, it's not worth it. They promise settling the accounts but actually just collect the fees, give bad advice, console you and help mess up your credit. It's still just a business to them. They don't actually help the consumers. I hope this information helps someone. I don't want others to go through the same problem. Loss of money probably at least 8000 and I now have bad credit scores. Not worth it at all. Any class action law suit I would gladly speak up and participate in.

Century Negotiations Company Information