Century Negotiations

Founded in 2012, Century is an American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) accredited company and our debt settlement program is an alternative to credit counseling, debt consolidation or bankruptcy. Our mission is to provide high-quality, professional negotiation services to our clients and work with them closely until they achieve financial freedom. CNI will not charge clients a fee for its services until the debt is settled, consistent with the new Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rule. Let our expert staff of negotiators help you work towards a solution. Call today to learn more!

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I wrote a review in 2013 about my experience with Century Negotiations back in 2013 about my debt consolidation back in 2008. Now almost 9 years later after dealing with them about not taking care of business properly, not deducting my payments correctly, I receive a letter from the IRS stating that I owe $395 which is another repercussion of this Century Negotiations poor handling of the procedures after paying them so much money to take care of business. Once again like I said 9 years later still dealing with their wrongdoings!!! I will continue writing reviews on how bad they are.

Worst experience ever! My contract had just over $9,000 estimate on settling for 2 credit cards over 33 months. We settled on one of my credit cards for 9,000. I know an estimate is an estimate. But I had to go through 4 different companies. I started out with one company, then sent to another and my funds were from another and then since my payments were made on time another company called me and wanted to offer to pay my debt by a loan at 35% interest after I had been paying for almost a year. This loan would be for another 35 month. What they don't tell you is they wait till they get their fee then they will do something with your accounts. I lost $3000 in their fee and my credit went down the tube. So once the fee was in my account they took it and then made a deal.

I was sold to CNI by CareOne Credit last year. Though they took over already settled account and made payments, I'm running into problems now. They are very polite, but they never return calls and they haven't yet to settle this account. They said that they don't have the manpower to return calls etc. After reading all these bad reviews about CNI, I'm going to call them tomorrow and pull out the account and hopefully get my money back and find some other company to help me. I just don't understand why CareOne Credit sold my account to this horrible company who hasn't done much. I'm very irritated. Please don't use this company for your debt relief. I'm sure there are much better companies out there that do much better job.

I was forced to use this company by CareOne Debt Settlement. I never wanted to switch companies. I feel like CareOne screwed me over by forcing me to use a horrible company with terrible customer service. I told them from the beginning that I prefer to communicate via email, that way I have everything in writing. They had to make a notation on my account about it but yet my phone was constantly being blown up by Century Negotiations. When I told them to email me they said I had to do a verbal acknowledgment. I told them no, they would have to send me an email and I would acknowledge anything via in writing. It was ridiculous and became a hassle. So they closed my account right in the middle of 2 active settlements and stole money out of my escrow account. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR DEBT SETTLEMENTS.

Approximately 20 months ago, I signed up with CNI and they set up an account with a $250.00/month draft. This was supposed to be used to pay off my approximate $10K in debt in about 27 months according to the "counselor" whom I spoke with. At first blush, this seemed like a good system. What they don't tell you is that not all of the creditors will negotiate with the company. If this is the case, as with two of my creditors, they will take you to court to get a judgement against you for the full amount you owe. I went to court to plead my case, to no avail. The judge awarded the judgement in spite of my hardship. I now have TWO liens against my property and a third creditor (to whom I owe the most money) is waiting in the wings. I have talked to CNI about this situation and all they have to say is, based on the "small amount of my draft", they cannot offer any settlement to the creditor.

I anticipate they will also take me to court and I will have a third lien on my property. CNI was supposed to help me AVOID this situation. I could have negotiated directly with these creditors and not had liens put on my property plus saved the FEE I am paying CNI. Before you sign up with these people, be sure you understand that you are gambling that your creditors will even negotiate with them. I am now in the one spot I didn't want to be and I don't anticipate any more income unless I hit the lottery. I am not satisfied at all with the "efforts" as they are contingent upon how big a draft I can afford to pay CNI. The reason I signed up with them was my financial situation had turned ugly and I needed relief. Now I am locked into a situation that is nearly as bad as if I had done nothing at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Negotiations?

I was in a program with Achieve Security trying to clear up some debt. Once I was down to my last two accounts. My account was transferred to Century Negotiations. After a couple of months one account was settled without my knowledge and without any contact from CNI. I found out by chance after calling and asking to have online account reset. Another couple months passed and my account showed an amount of funds to allow for the last cc to be settled. I called several times to have the balance checked and double checked to insure it was correct. CNI advised I had to contact this creditor directly for a settlement. They provided me with the info I needed and phone number. I called the creditor and made arrangements to settle the account for 42% of balance. Great job I thought. Then the headache began.

I tried for two weeks to get the funds transferred to my account so I could pay the debt at the end of the month with no success. Finally I was able to contact the correct person I thought to handle this. The funds were transferred only for me to find out that I was over $1200 short. Again another call to CNI. This time through a manager then a manager above her. I was told at this time my account balance was not what I was told and that there was only the amount I received available.

I wanted an explanation as to how I was going to pay this now negotiated amount without the funds that I was told I had. My answer: call them, tell them the funds did not come through and that we will negotiate at a later time. When I asked who would be paying the amount above the 42% I agreed to when let’s face it they are not going to give me the same agreement if any at all. I was told we (I) would have to build back up my account until we could settle.

If I could have reached through the phone and gotten a hold of him by the neck I would have. I was able to come up with the extra funds although very difficult to do and I will pay this last debt. I advise if you have or are dealing with these people to run and hide now. I would not recommend them to anyone. I hope this helps someone out there and steers them away from this piece of ** organization!

I started the program of consolidating my bills with Century Negotiations back in 2008. Everything went fine until my last deduction on my last bill, which wasn't deducted from my checking account. So now in 2013, the bill collector for this specific bill is haunting me and harassing me for the total amount. This is a total disappointment.

CNI is not handling my debt settlement while, at the same time, my credit score is becoming unacceptable. I have a $10,000 debt they are supposed to be settling and I feel like nothing is being done with the $250 per month they are deducting from my bank. So far the funds they are building have reached $1250 that I could have been paying my creditors, myself. Please help!

I was looking for a company to help us settle our debts to make the monthly payments easier. But I ended up getting ripped off by two companies instead. They made it sound so good, to be able to settle your debts for you for less than what you owed. I initially applied for debt consolidation with fast track debt relief and the company partners with Century Negotiations Inc. to do all settlements. Basically, these companies charged me about 1500.00 monthly to handle the accounts.

They did absolutely nothing, but gave bad advice. They tell you first of all to stop paying your creditors. Stop paying your credit cards so that the credit cards company will settle with you, so you look like you are really having a hard time paying your bills. I was told that if my accounts were current (being paid monthly) there was nothing they could do. I was current with all my accounts until they gave me this horrible advice. I didn't know any better and was desperate so I listened. It ended up really messing up my credit (they tell you this up front). They told me not to pay so from May until December I didn't. They call this letting your account mature. I got repeated calls and mail from the creditors trying to collect. The customer service people from CNI were very reassuring that everything was going to be fine.

At about 5 - 6 months, after not paying the monthly bills, the creditors charge off the account. Meaning they send to collections which is usually a law firm, that will file a law suit against you if you don't get into a settlement with them (Monthly payment arrangement). The whole time the debt settlement companies just collected their monthly fee of $1500.00. They did absolutely nothing for you. They were supposed to be building up and saving your money, so when your creditors finally reduced your payments they would settle the account your debt settlement company would have some money to pay for your account. Well between Century and Fast track debt relief, they took their fees up front.

So there was no money built up to settle. On top of it Bank of America, Chase, American express, etc. All these companies would not settle or even speak to any debt relief company or their representative. I only realized this because John a Bank of America customer service person explained it all to me. We fired the debt settlement company soon after. I had to take the loss, or else it would be even more wasted money. I was stuck and ended up settling all my accounts by myself.

Don't use any debt settlement company, it's not worth it. They promise settling the accounts but actually just collect the fees, give bad advice, console you and help mess up your credit. It's still just a business to them. They don't actually help the consumers. I hope this information helps someone. I don't want others to go through the same problem. Loss of money probably at least 8000 and I now have bad credit scores. Not worth it at all. Any class action law suit I would gladly speak up and participate in.

Century Negotiations Company Profile