67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (123 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2007

I paid them for three and a half years. When I started paying them I was 41,000 in debt. When I stopped paying them I still had $37,520 outstanding. I then joined CCCS in Washington and in three years and 2 months my debt was paid off.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2007

They told me that they would help me reestablish my credit. With a low interest rate. They took out $250.00 out of my checking account. I have tried to call all I get is an recording and i leave messages and they still will not call me back.

Original review: June 14, 2007

I have subscribed with Cambridge Credit Counseling in Dec 2005, and they set up a monthly amount of $279.00, recently I have checked up my credit report and I found out that my payment was late for six consecutive months from March, 2006 to August 2007.

I called the customer representative many times and explained them the situation but no help or response.

Finally I spoke to the manager personally and explained to her my concerns and she promised me to resolve the issue as soon as possible which never happened.

Because of the late payment on our credit report we couldn't sell our house and buy new car. Also we are paying $27 monthly fee to Cambridge Credit to process our payment on time.

We couldn't get any loan, because our score is around 600 or under and if we get it the APR is going to be too high. When we signed up the contract, the customer service representative told me that if I signed up with them my credit score should go up as long as I am making payment on time and should increase my credit score.

Original review: May 30, 2007

I signed a 59-month agreement with Cambridge Credit Counseling. I have never missed a payment and took it upon myself to completely pay off two of the four creditors covered under the agreement. One of the remaining creditors was sold to another company.

I experienced nothing but confusion and shock dealing with Cambridge. They bounced me back and forth in an effort to change dates/amounts, etc. After four years, one of those balances is almost as much as when I started. I paid $544 up front and a monthly fee to Cambridge being told that professionals are managing your accounts and instead of sending out countless checks each month, you make one simple payment ot us and we will take care of the rest -- they sure did!

Additionally, I was told that my balances would be reviewed by Cambridge annually, so that we can confirm that your balances are decreasing according to your debt repayment schedule. That never happened!

Original review: April 21, 2007

We have been at Cambrdige Counseling for 3 years- we had to pay 1,806 up front and paid 180 a month (processing fee) that has recently been reduced to 50.00- so all and all Cambridge has taken 6,126 in processing fees in the last 3 years and my accounts have barely gone down. I was also told that my accounts would be paid off in 3 years- we are going on 3 1/2 with no end in site and we have been told by Cambridge that if we leave all the money that we have been towards our balances would be for nothing becuase our interest rates will go back up to 22%!- I did file the paperwork for the lawsuit but I have not heard anything yet. Please help.

Original review: April 15, 2007

we have been using ccc for about 5years now and it has worked for us and we have almost finished all are bills they worked on.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2007

I was told I cambridge credit would cut high interest rates on my credit card.
After a few months I noticed my late fees. Discover card froze my account. Sears want let me us their credit card either. So I felt it was best if I paid the credit cards myself instead of Cambridge credit. The fees were hurting & the high interest rates did not go down.

Its hurt my with Discover card services and sears. Now I can not use theses credit cards at all.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2006

My husband and I were ripped off by this company. We paid $429 per month for two years and many of our debts increased instead of decreased. We did recieve a form for the class action suite--but unfortunately misplaced it before it got mailed back.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2006

I have been a client of Cambridge since 2002 and they told me at the time I signed up that it would only take me 2 years to pay off my debt. It has been over 4 years and I am still paying them. My balances have barely gone down on the credit cards. I received a document to send in to an attorney regarding the lawsuit against Cambridge stating that I was eligible to receive money back from the suit. But I have lost the paper and need to receive another one. Can you help me with this?

My credit looks worse than when I signed up with them and I'm still paying on the cards!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2006

In 2001, the financial advisors The Dolans recommended Cambridge Credit Counseling on one of the network morn ing shows. I was trying to get out of debt and to make it quicker, I called them and signed up. At the time I did this, I had excellent credit and was paying my bills on time, but they promised lower interest rates and the ease of one payment.

After a couple of years of creditors calling saying they had not received my payment even though I made it, I dropped out of their program and started paying them back. My cards are higher than ever even though they are closed out and my credit is completely wrecked. I have had to get loans against my house, etc. and there is no end in sight. I regret the day I ever signed up with them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2001

I am in the US Air Force and was moved to South Florida for my assignment. Since being here we fell behind on some of our bills. I received an email about debt consolidation and replied to it.

A few days later a gentleman called me. He explained the company and the program to myself. We gathered all our bills and monthly statements together. I faxed all the information requested by the company. Within hours Forrest called me and stated they could help me, and that he needed $964.00 to start. And that all of our creditors would be contacted. This was June 27.

He also stated that the money had to be in the form of a money order or cashiers check, that it could not be a personal check. We sent this company our money, hoping that our worries would be over soon. However, creditors continued to call us about a payment. We told them that it was being handled by Cambridge Credit Counseling. We also gave them the name and number of the company.

After about a month creditors were still calling. Most of the creditors said they were never contacted by Cambridge, by letter or phone, and that they could not talk to anyone at the number, no one would return their call. I also called and was unable to speak to anyone, I left several messages on Forrest's voicemail but he never returned my call. Cambridge actually hurt me more than they helped. I paid them $964.00. What happened to my money? After all this it actually got me and my family even further behind on our bills. I have yet to hear from this company.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information