67 Hunt Street Agawam, MA

4.9/5 (121 ratings)
Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

About Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. of Agawam, MA is a non-profit credit counseling and HUD approved housing counseling agency. Our experienced staff has an average of over 11 years tenure with our agency and has counseled over 2 million people and assisted over 225,000 individuals and families with debt repayment plans. We maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are Chamber of Commerce members.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I researched many credit counseling and consolidation companies and found Cambridge Credit Counseling to be the most highly recommended. I was fortunate enough to speak with Chris ** when I phoned in for information. I have been able to pay off almost all my debt. I began with $33,000 and now owe less than $1,500. At one time, I was even selected to be in an infomercial for this company! I continued to highly recommend this company to friends, relatives, and colleagues. Soon I will be debt free. Cambridge C.C. really helped take the stress out of debt!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I accumulated several credit cards over the years. Cambridge helped me acquire reduced rates on all but one credit card so I could start paying them off. All the accounts were closed. I arranged for a monthly electronic payment to Cambridge and two years later, two cards have been paid off and balances are being reduced. It's a great feeling and I can see an end to my experience with revolving credit and very high interest rates.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Like many other families, I found myself in trouble after 2008. I researched credit councilors one after another. If convoluted contracts didn't chase me away, fees

did. Who wants to add debt on top of debt? Eventually, I found Cambridge Credit Counseling over the radio, recommended by a well-liked radio host. I called. It was simple, and I was dealing with a non-profit company. Perfect! In four years, they not only helped me with my immediate troubles, but the advice they gave me has my family back living a comfortable life. I was actually able to pay off my cards ahead of schedule. I love to give details but I only have 50 words. Call them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I had great success with Cambridge. Not only were they able to help me pay off my credit card debt, they also helped me by providing information on how to improve credit and how to budget. With this information, I was able to make ends meet without the use of credit cards and was able to save money to have an emergency fund. I no longer have to live from paycheck to paycheck.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have been a client of CCC for four years. I was ready to rebuild my credit and contacted CCC to request a letter for my creditors to apply for a small loan. The letter was emailed to me within two hours. I submitted the letter to my credit union and was approved a $500 line of credit to help me rebuild my credit.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

I have two more payments. I have been with Cambridge for over five years. It was really tough at first because I had to follow a budget. We made it through. Our credit is better than ever. I am on a routine budget where it does not take much thought anymore. I do not know what I would have done if I did not call Cambridge. Thank you for always being there and helping me through. Now the real test comes, being on my own. I feel like I am losing a parent. I will miss you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

They handled my accounts in professional manner. They notified the companies and got them to agree to lower my interest rates, all at a reasonable monthly fee and paid off all my credit cards. To which, I am very grateful. I would recommend Cambridge to all who are having difficulties in paying off credit card debt. Thank you very much!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2012

I have and will continue to recommend CCCC. I was referred to them by my boss and I was finally over being in debt and knew I had to do something immediately and vow to never get myself in debt again. From the second I spoke with Mr. **, I knew this was going to be the answer that I was looking for. Everyone that I dealt with from my initial discussions with Mr. ** to everyone in client services treated me with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. I was told how the process works. They answered all my questions and once I completed my part of the process, everything was effortless until my debt was clear. CCCC's process made it possible for me to be able to pay off my debt and also not be destitute at the end of the month during the time period it took to clear my debt. I am happy to say that I have not incurred any debt since. I have nothing but good memories of the entire process and have nothing but good things to say about this organization.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2012

I have been an active client with Cambridge for a few years now and they have helped me tremendously. I only have less than 1 year left on the program and I will be debt-free. Thanks to them, I have also been able to purchase my first home. If you need advice about your credit card bills and finances or just to learn how to budget properly from month to month, I would definitely recommend you contact Cambridge. I look forward to the next few months when I will be debt-free and I can start to put more money into savings for my son's college expenses.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I found Cambridge Credit online. I knew I needed some help getting some arrangements made with getting some bills paid so I contacted them. They were able to lower my interest rate. And they were very easy to get a hold of. Working with Cambridge has made it possible to get rid of the collectors calling and get the bills paid up. They were very professional and very easy to work with.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I believe my husband heard about Cambridge Credit Counseling from a friend. I believe that’s how it came about. We went straight to them. We were not feeling so good. Overwhelmed with our debt and just really worried what we’re going to do.

Working with Cambridge has been a very positive experience. They were able to lower our interest rate. We paid off the balance that we owed. Our credit counselor was easy to contact. A couple of times, I had to contact them and they were always easy to work with and answered my questions thoroughly. The people I spoke with on the phone were always very friendly and very knowledgeable. And things are just better for us now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

I have had a total of 19 plus emails with John. I am angry in that he got all of our personal information. We signed an agreement and he then told me of the dates we could have the withdrawal from our account. I felt the dates should have been mentioned prior to John completing the info. I told him the date he had placed on the forms we completed was not a good time of month. I am very angry John told me he had to change a code on the form. We were unable to get the form with the new code on my email. I finally gave John a new email; he sent the same form and then told me the code I gave him was not correct. This has been going on for over a week. I am ready to move on and want nothing further to do with John **. I believe this type of business should be done in face to face meetings, but when I called a local number in the area we live in somehow we got linked to Cambridge Credit Counseling. I googled this company and found this company has many complaints against it. I am concerned because they have our personal information now and nothing has been done to assist us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

I paid Cambridge Debt counselors over $500 to help with my bills and to get me started in the program. I ended up filing bankruptcy anyway. Then I received a card that they were in a lawsuit and my money would be sent back to me. I have never heard anything else. I would appreciate someone email me and let me know.

Original review: July 14, 2011

I paid Cambridge Credit Counseling Corporation over $500.00 a month for over a year and none of that money went to any of the accounts they were supposed to be paying?? I had to go to court and got a judgement filed against me for not paying one of the accounts. I received $35.00 from the class action suit against them????? I paid them over $5000.00 dollars in a year and I get $35.00 what the hell is the deal with that??????

Original review: May 2, 2010

I contacted CCC for credit consolidation. I got a single postcard in the mail stating a class action suit. That was the only thing I have heard about it and never got another notice and have never been contacted again. What the heck. I would like to get my reimbursement. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2009

I went with this company some time ago and my credit was ruined because of it. They failed to pay my bills for 3 months, even though I paid them the contracted amount which was over $800 a month. I finally had to refinance my home in order to pay all of my debt off. I then started receiving information about the class action lawsuit. The last correspondence I received was a postcard. The date on it is December 15, 2008. I know it has been settled on behalf of the plaintiffs and I want to know when I will get my percentage of the award?

Original review: July 15, 2009

I signed up through their consolidation program and $401.00/month for 3 years, including a $25/month fee to them. In the end, I still owed all of the debt. I had to go to collections with one company and am still trying to pay the others. According to the two companies, they never received a dime, even though I have copies of all of the bank checks paid to Cambridge.

Original review: March 9, 2009

I joined the Cambridge Credit Counseling. I had a lot of problems with them paying my debts. I still ended up doing bankruptcy and did not know what they were doing. I received a notice of class action and was furious that they did this to me. I am still wondering if I am going to be reimbursed the money I lost. How do I find out about this? I was with them for a long time. I thought I was helping my credit by doing this, instead it did not help me at all, and my credit score was ruined anyway more than it was. Will you let me know what to do?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2009

I have used them to consolidate debt twice. Once in 1997 or so and then again in 2000 or 2001. I'm sorry I'm not sure. They were paid in full both times from a refinance of my home. I do not believe that Circuit City was ever paid in full due to being sold to a collection agency. That job to make sure that they were paid was up to the debt consolidation company. To this day, I don't know if all the money that I paid to them were paid to my debts. And to make it worse, the amount they charge you to get started - that is so hard too. I would love to see where all the money that I have given to Cambridge Credit Counseling even went where it was supposed to go.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2008

I paid money and they did not pay my debts on time and I am unsure of some payments at all were made. They told me to refer all debtors to them and not pay and charged me a fee of around $90.00 to get started. The rep said this was a one-time charge. It has been about five years now but I still have some documentation. I received a postcard on a class action lawsuit against them and have heard nothing else.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2008

I have been a client of Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp for 4 1/2 yrs and they have been taking the payments from account faithfully for that period of time, they for the most part have done what they originally said they would do, until around August when I began receiving calls from creditors that were listed with them. My payments aren't being made on time and they are late when they do make them. I have 1 creditor who is paid in full but gets the payment each month and returns it to Cambridge, but I never see it distributed to any of the remaining creditors.

The fact of the matter is I have been calling Cambridge since mid August and no one ever answers the phone, it's an automated message that everyone uses...(if you want this, press this), but when you get to the customer service part, no one ever picks up. I desperately need to speak to someone at Cambridge about my acct. At this point, I have no clue what's going on with my funds or what's going on at Cambridge. If someone could email me info on how to contact someone there, I would really appreciate it. My money is being withdrawn each month, and I'm getting calls from creditors and 3 of my creditors dropped me from the program because of Cambridge not paying them on time. I'm truly fed up and just need to speak to someone. Is the company closed?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2008

A few years back, I had a string of bad situations that ran up my credit cards. I was making my payments okay, but I wanted to consolidate them so I could make one payment monthly, instead of 3 or 4. I became a client of Cambridge Credit Counseling and from that moment on, I went downhill. I kept telling my sister that there was something terribly wrong there, my payments kept changing (increasing). I just began to have real bad feelings that there was something terribly wrong there. I finally called my personal counselor (do not remember his name) and complained to him on what I thought was happening.

I almost passed out cold when his voice got real low and told me he thought it would be best for me to file bankruptcy. For starters, isn't it a little odd, that your counselor at the debt consolidation company was actually telling you to file bankruptcy? I had no choice because I had NO money left for anything else. So, not only did my credit go down the tubes now I was really broke. I support myself, only have 1 paycheck to survive on and they steal from me. What really burns me is that they are still advertising to guarantee to help people get out of debt. How may other people's lives are going to be destroyed or very nearly destroyed before these crooks are stopped?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2008

I joined CCC about 3 1/2-4 years ago because I needed to consolidate some delinquent accounts and get them paid off quicker. CCC said it would take about 3 years to do this. According to their contract, they were not supposed to take the money out of my account prior to the 14th of each month, unless the 14th fell on a weekend or holiday. However, it seems that their own contract means nothing to them as they take their money out of my account whenever they choose. As the account I use for CCC is not my primary account, I deposit the money for CCC into that account prior to the 14th, therefore if they take the money out early - I end up being charged overdraft fees.

Additionally, I have requested on several different occasions for a time frame as to when my debt will be paid in full and they can NEVER give me a straight answer. They always tell me that they would need to see copies of my monthly statements from the credit accounts. Am I missing something? Aren't they the ones who set up the payment arrangements in the first place? Wouldn't they have this information and the ability to look it up? I still have roughly $2000 left to pay on my accounts after 3 1/2 - 4 years of paying almost $200 a month. I thought CCC was supposed to be a free consumer debt relief company - so how come they can get away with charging a monthly fee? I have paid almost $200 a month for (conservative estimate) 3 years that amounts to $6156. Why isn't CCC's monthly fee disclosed on the statements they send out each month?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2008

I was with them for over 5 years and they almost ruined me and my credit. I trusted them to help me but by the time I found out that Cambridge wasn't, it was too late.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2008

Our son died in 1996 in his sleep at the age of 19. Reason for death was never found although 2 autopsies were performed. At this time we needed money for burial expenses and turned to credit cards. Prior to this we had never used them. In our grief over the next few years we overspent our budget and it quickly got out of control. I became physically disabled in 1991 and have been on disability ever since. When the payments on the cards became more than we could handle I was looking for some way of consolidating our credit card debts and saw their name on the back of a Christian magazine and thought they would be upfront.

We had to pay a fee upfront and then a monthly fee up front which meant our monthly payments increased. They didn't tell us that we would be basically going into bankruptcy. They were late with our payments of approx.$1000 per month. They said they were free but charged us approx. $100 per month. They did absolutely no credit counseling. It took our credit rating down so low that we finally were able to pay them off in a few years by refinancing our home. Only a federal bank would accept our loan and threatened us every month that our house would be taken away if we didn't make timely payments. We had perfect credit until this time.

We have worked hard to get our credit back where it was. Because of this and the housing problems going on, we are barely able to make our house payments and still eat. As of now, we are in an interest only loan and we still may lose our home if things don't get better. We can't even sell our house besides the fact that houses aren't selling, the value has dropped on our house and we wouldn't make enough out of it to purchase something else. It's all a rebound effect. Our bad judgement in a time of need and their ability to steal our money and credit. We also adopted our granddaughter when our son died. The Credit cards were also used to help us do that. Now we have a 14-year-old daughter to take care of. It's hard to tell her we can't buy her things she needs. I still have everything in a file if it is useful at all to anyone else that has been scandaled.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2008

The huge up front fee the extra handling fees every month after 4 years of paying on something i was told would take 2 years to pay off I finally inherited some money to pay it all off, and they RUINED my credit then i hear about the lawsuit I filled out the paperwork, and I never heard another word. Who got the settlement they are talking about WHEN WILL I GET MINE?

My credit was ruined and they ripped me off

Original review: June 28, 2008

I want to be included in the restitution. I had to file bankruptcy because they misled me into thinking they could help me pay off all my bills.

Bankruptcy.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2008

When my wife and I joined CCC we were told the same as many other people. We had a high upfront fee to join, endless empty promises. After joining, we received several threatening phone calls inquiring about why we had missed 6 months of payments and our credit score plummeted and we couldn't get financed for anything without paying an astronomical finance charge. I made numerous phone call and emails with no success. When we finally got out of CCC we were in more debt then than when we started and was out of a tremendous amount of money. I would love to know if there some sort of legal action I could pursue.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2007

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. has undergone a significant restructuring of our operation over the last several years, and we feel it in the best interest of the consumers we are charged to assist that we share the news of our progress.

The changes Cambridge implemented during these last three years are more than simple upgrades to the services we provide; they are evidence of our continuing commitment to consumers, and of our determination to demonstrate leadership in an industry that is under considerable scrutiny. As a result of Cambridges commitment to service, the Better Business Bureau of Central New England reinstated our membership in early 2007.

The first step in our restructuring efforts was to revamp our Board of Directors, because it ensured the appropriate oversight of the reform measures that followed. Our Board now consists of independent community leaders, prominent business executives and citizen representatives.

Among the first actions the new Board took together was the total separation of all company ties to John and Richard Puccio, and with the for-profit affiliates they had created. Since then, the Board has also established distinct Governance, Audit, and Executive Compensation committees to ensure that Cambridge continues to operate within the spirit of our charitable mission.

Cambridge has worked diligently to successfully resolve all past issues related to the business practices of our prior management. This approach has led to the amicable resolution of all litigation. There are no pending actions and consumer complaints are virtually non-existent. New policies, including a 90-day cancellation feature and a consumer friendly grievance policy have been adopted in the last few years.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2007

In January of 2001 I paid Cambridge too consolidate debt and for monthly payments to be made to may consumers.This never happened and Cambridge kept my money.
I was contacted concerning a class action settlement, I returned all documention I was mailed along with copies from the original papers in my files from 2001. To thtis day I have never heard any thing else from Cambridge and the settlement. I would like to know what happened and why I have never recieved anything from the settlement?

Failure to comply with the agreement that I had with Cambridge to consolidate my credit caused me to lose money and more problelms with my credit and creditors. I really feel I deserve to be included in this settlement and that my money should have been refunded years ago.

Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp. Company Information